Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 2)

Post by Glorfindel »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:01 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm This became boring too soon.
Day 1 creature: I don’t like this too boring
Day 2 creature: I don’t like this it got boring
Well, I for one am prepared to make this interesting for him...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:41 pm So are we gonna give Sabie another day because of pity?

I cannot make a case that creature or anyone is less wolfy than Sabie. Obviously we have 40ish hours and with prudent discussion that can change. But I haven’t seen anything from Sabie that suggests “I’m not a mafioso”
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But also if Sabie isn’t going to be around as much there’s no point pursuing that than cases against those who’ll at least say something.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 pm But also if Sabie isn’t going to be around as much there’s no point pursuing that than cases against those who’ll at least say something.
I guess same goes for sprit? In theory?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:02 pm Nobody wants to discuss the elephant in the room?
I don’t have any strong recollection of Sabie from the games that I may have played with her long ago. Do you really believe that she (as Mafia) would use real life as an excuse to avoid scrutiny here? I’ll confess, Epi’s post kinda put me off voting her. I can understand how someone who frequently gets mis-lynched early in these games feels. Personally, I’m in two minds about her. I get real life is getting in the way for her but I don’t really think the pace of this game is necessarily that bad... it would be nice to see a little more from her.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:25 pm Why are we all town reading Creature?
He’s outside of his wolf range.
Elaborate
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by Glorfindel »

Oreki wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:16 pm Hello guys, I didn't realize that the game has started. I'll catch up and provide my reads
I would sincerely so love to hear more from this guy... :(

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:02 pm Nobody wants to discuss the elephant in the room?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Creature »

Player salad:

Creature - Town
TonyStarkPrime - Town
Sloonei - Scum suspect
MacDougall - Town
Long Con - Town
ColinIsCool - Scum suspect
Glorfindel - Town
Jackofhearts2005 - Probtown
sabie12 - Scum suspect
sprityo - Scum suspect
Oreki - Scum suspect
Dragomir - Scum suspect
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

was meant to post that list about half an hour ago
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 127

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:22 pm
I don’t have any strong recollection of Sabie from the games that I may have played with her long ago. Do you really believe that she (as Mafia) would use real life as an excuse to avoid scrutiny here? I’ll confess, Epi’s post kinda put me off voting her. I can understand how someone who frequently gets mis-lynched early in these games feels. Personally, I’m in two minds about her. I get real life is getting in the way for her but I don’t really think the pace of this game is necessarily that bad... it would be nice to see a little more from her.
Not that elephant, the Dragomir and Oreki shaped one.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'd say it's down to six players and we can lynch up to five of them. However, that list only applies to original scum.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:29 pm
Not that image again
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay I'll change my angle on Sabie.

Maybe she is not inherently mafia for what I am accusing her of.

But is she a civ?

Because right now I am civ reading almost everyone (LC, Sloonei, Creature, TSP, Jack, you, even townpinged by Colin now) and the other option is lynching a no show over her because we feel sorry for her for getting lynched and killed a lot.

So in my view the question is;

Functional, useful, info gather Sabie lynch, or
Lynching one of the no shows

I'm going to leave it up to the board of directors here because apparently I am "angry" and emitting a "bizarre energy" or some shit.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm
Not that elephant, the Dragomir and Oreki shaped one.
Where's Professional Replacement speedchuck when you need him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Whatever

[VOTE: sabie12] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:35 pm
Okay I'll change my angle on Sabie.

Maybe she is not inherently mafia for what I am accusing her of.

But is she a civ?

Because right now I am civ reading almost everyone (LC, Sloonei, Creature, TSP, Jack, you, even townpinged by Colin now) and the other option is lynching a no show over her because we feel sorry for her for getting lynched and killed a lot.

So in my view the question is;

Functional, useful, info gather Sabie lynch, or
Lynching one of the no shows

I'm going to leave it up to the board of directors here because apparently I am "angry" and emitting a "bizarre energy" or some shit.
This is more in line with my own thoughts on sabie. I don't outright suspect her for her Day 1 behavior, but I don't townread her at all either. In the absence of that, she becomes a suspect because of the unusually high number of players I am able to town read at this stage. A Day 2 no-show lynch feels underwhelming but I don't oppose it on principle if nothing better comes up.

I don't have many fully formed thoughts at the moment. I'll do my homework tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay Sabie. Show us the civilian. Find us some scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:25 pm
Elaborate
He is unable to post this much as a wolf. I know it's stupid. It's not hard at all to fake. He just can't do it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 pm
Elaborate
He is unable to post this much as a wolf. I know it's stupid. It's not hard at all to fake. He just can't do it.
This game has been chill as fuck outside of me raging. It's not a high pressure environment and it's not like he's made effort posts.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 1)

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm
A message from Tandi

Night 1 Message:

This is Tandi 1000. Ha ha. I made that joke up all by myself. Look, I know people think I'm naive and useless, but I have things to say, and you should really listen to me! Here's a list of suitors who visited Shady Sands.

ColinisCool: I am not impressed by Colin. He bounced his vote around quite a bit during Day 1, following Epignosis at first, and then landing on birdwithteeth. Not impressed, no.
Creature: The arrogance is astounding. He needs to show what he demands of others. I'm not impressed so far. Lynch him if he doesn't perform.
Dragomir: He was allegedly taken by the Blades. We may not hear from him again.
Epignosis: He looks fine. I don't understand Long Con's vote on him. He'll have to answer for that.
Glorfindel: I met him once in Junktown. He bought me iguana-on-a-stick and showed me around. I like this fellow.
Jackofhearts2005: Who?
Long Con: His vote on Epignosis was not in keeping with what he said in the thread. I would like to see more attention on Long Con.
MacDougall: He's rocking and rolling. Keep an eye on him. For now, leave him alone.
Oreki: He was allegedly on a mercenary mission and got stranded. We may not hear from him again.
sabie12: No comment.
Sloonei: If Sloonei is bad, then what is doing? Let him keep doing his thing. If he's bad, he'll be obvious enough. If he's good, he's a great boon.
sprityo: Lynch him if you have nothing better to do.
TonyStarkPrime: Tony Stark is Prime. He's fine for now.

Regarding how things went down Day 1, I want MacDougall to calm down. He's been bad at judging sabie, and I want him to think on that before he kills her again. He may be right. But think on it. Don't yell at people. He's solid, and if he's right, great. If he's wrong, then he's a meanie.

Do not lynch: Epignosis, Glorfindel, MacDougall, Sloonei, or TonyStarkPrime. These are people I feel good about. Okay?
Dead Epi's shit list = Colin, Creature, Jack (ish), Long Con

Given these are confirmed as the genuine thoughts of a dead civilian, they should be respected.

Jack defending Creature is a good look for Jack (wolfJack probably doesn't openwolf with wolfCreature, nor does wolfJack defend civCreature).
Colin's bizarre energy rant at me pinged me hard though my rational brain wants to town read him for it because I attract town anger always.
When I let my rational brain analyse the LC/Colin stuff, it made LC look worse for it because diving on civColin there is what I would have done if I was wolfCon.
Creature is either wolf or badciv. I am leaning badciv but I don't think Jack's meta argument holds water in this environment.

I'm gonna look at LC some more.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (PHASE 0)

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con's intro posts are what I expect from wolves generally. On quick skim I got pinged by his "use jokes to break the ice" early game.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:23 pm I have at least two (2) town reads on this page.
Who, and why?
It's more fun if you guess.
Mac and Creature.
Bookmarked for if we ever see a LC wolf flip.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:03 pm I don't want to vote Epignosis or Creature. I'll [VOTE: Glorfindel] aubergine because he was too happy to get on the Epi wagon. Plus he needs an avatar.
Blasphemous Glorf vote. But he post scripts it with a joke to offset the potential heat in might draw. Not a confident vote. Sketchy.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:38 am This Sabie chat from the Jack-Mac attack doesn't lack. I'll slap a vote on the Sabester. [VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

@sprityo Seeing all the votes on one page is not the intended benefit of Aubergine. We're supposed to be able to see all the votes in one search.
Drops Glorfindel vote with no explanation (fine I guess) to switch to Sabie (good).
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:25 pmLong Con - The king of the Short Post this game is Long Con. His early ISO is filled with one-liners. I don't know what that means.
I think that's my usual MO.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:10 pm Irrelevant Information Retrieved:

Civilian sabie- Lynched Day 2
Civilian sabie - Lynched Day 1
Mafia sabie - Killed Night 1
Civilian sabie - Killed Night 1
Civilian sabie - Killed Night 2
Civilian sabie - Lynched Day 2

Conclusion: Dayum.
Are those sabie's six most recent games?
Affirmative.
That's too ugly for me. I'm unvoting her.
Quickly drops Sabie vote due to confcivEpi's pointing out of her bad history. Undoes the good look from previous. If Sabie wolfflips LC is high percentage partner.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:35 pm I'm going to go with a wild gut read and say Epi's fun schtick and dedicated research is a flavourful tryhard smokescreen of deception. [VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Vote on a dead civ... this is a good look I think. I'm not sure an LC scum team kill Epi after LC leaves his vote out here like that. It's too brazen. Or maybe wifom. Hmm. Null I guess due to wifom potential.

His engagement with Colin reads okay but it also has a bit of bloodlust about it given that Colin was fending me off when LC came lurking. Going after a weakened target. A lot can be said about LC with a Colin flip and vice versa. Do not think w/w though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LC has scumflip potential that's for sure. Especially given he is in scumform lately.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LC/Creature is a scum pairing that makes me feel tingles in my body.

Talk about each other please.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 pm
Elaborate
This game has been chill as fuck outside of me raging. It's not a high pressure environment and it's not like he's made effort posts.
I know! It's maddening. I stand by my read.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm
A message from Tandi

Night 1 Message:

This is Tandi 1000. Ha ha. I made that joke up all by myself. Look, I know people think I'm naive and useless, but I have things to say, and you should really listen to me! Here's a list of suitors who visited Shady Sands.

ColinisCool: I am not impressed by Colin. He bounced his vote around quite a bit during Day 1, following Epignosis at first, and then landing on birdwithteeth. Not impressed, no.
Creature: The arrogance is astounding. He needs to show what he demands of others. I'm not impressed so far. Lynch him if he doesn't perform.
Dragomir: He was allegedly taken by the Blades. We may not hear from him again.
Epignosis: He looks fine. I don't understand Long Con's vote on him. He'll have to answer for that.
Glorfindel: I met him once in Junktown. He bought me iguana-on-a-stick and showed me around. I like this fellow.
Jackofhearts2005: Who?
Long Con: His vote on Epignosis was not in keeping with what he said in the thread. I would like to see more attention on Long Con.
MacDougall: He's rocking and rolling. Keep an eye on him. For now, leave him alone.
Oreki: He was allegedly on a mercenary mission and got stranded. We may not hear from him again.
sabie12: No comment.
Sloonei: If Sloonei is bad, then what is doing? Let him keep doing his thing. If he's bad, he'll be obvious enough. If he's good, he's a great boon.
sprityo: Lynch him if you have nothing better to do.
TonyStarkPrime: Tony Stark is Prime. He's fine for now.

Regarding how things went down Day 1, I want MacDougall to calm down. He's been bad at judging sabie, and I want him to think on that before he kills her again. He may be right. But think on it. Don't yell at people. He's solid, and if he's right, great. If he's wrong, then he's a meanie.

Do not lynch: Epignosis, Glorfindel, MacDougall, Sloonei, or TonyStarkPrime. These are people I feel good about. Okay?
Dead Epi's shit list = Colin, Creature, Jack (ish), Long Con

Given these are confirmed as the genuine thoughts of a dead civilian, they should be respected.

Jack defending Creature is a good look for Jack (wolfJack probably doesn't openwolf with wolfCreature, nor does wolfJack defend civCreature).
Colin's bizarre energy rant at me pinged me hard though my rational brain wants to town read him for it because I attract town anger always.
When I let my rational brain analyse the LC/Colin stuff, it made LC look worse for it because diving on civColin there is what I would have done if I was wolfCon.
Creature is either wolf or badciv. I am leaning badciv but I don't think Jack's meta argument holds water in this environment.

I'm gonna look at LC some more.
Lol yeah. WolfJack doesn't even subscribe to Creature's towntell on MU where people know him. I'd just let him get mislynched here and thanks for the free day. He's a lousy teammate with such an easy tell. I'd just bus him. :noble:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I iso’ed LC but I’ll start by reviewing Mac’s case before I bring up new stuff.

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:19 pm Long Con's intro posts are what I expect from wolves generally. On quick skim I got pinged by his "use jokes to break the ice" early game.
Disagree here. Not gonna pull any up because mobile but the early posts seemed well within town range and represented some value to get things done.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:23 pm I have at least two (2) town reads on this page.
Who, and why?
It's more fun if you guess.
Mac and Creature.
Bookmarked for if we ever see a LC wolf flip.
Good thing to note. Also the first town read given in the game which has to count for something but probably not much. No one has ever accounted for the random townread on Mac given Mac had like 2 posts. Way too obvious to be w/w but then I could say the same about Creature.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:03 pm I don't want to vote Epignosis or Creature. I'll [VOTE: Glorfindel] aubergine because he was too happy to get on the Epi wagon. Plus he needs an avatar.
Blasphemous Glorf vote. But he post scripts it with a joke to offset the potential heat in might draw. Not a confident vote. Sketchy.
Doubting a lightly tossed day 1 Vote? Really?
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:38 am This Sabie chat from the Jack-Mac attack doesn't lack. I'll slap a vote on the Sabester. [VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

@sprityo Seeing all the votes on one page is not the intended benefit of Aubergine. We're supposed to be able to see all the votes in one search.
Drops Glorfindel vote with no explanation (fine I guess) to switch to Sabie (good).
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:25 pmLong Con - The king of the Short Post this game is Long Con. His early ISO is filled with one-liners. I don't know what that means.
I think that's my usual MO.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:10 pm Irrelevant Information Retrieved:

Civilian sabie- Lynched Day 2
Civilian sabie - Lynched Day 1
Mafia sabie - Killed Night 1
Civilian sabie - Killed Night 1
Civilian sabie - Killed Night 2
Civilian sabie - Lynched Day 2

Conclusion: Dayum.
Are those sabie's six most recent games?
Affirmative.
That's too ugly for me. I'm unvoting her.
Quickly drops Sabie vote due to confcivEpi's pointing out of her bad history. Undoes the good look from previous. If Sabie wolfflips LC is high percentage partner.
This is solid analysis but it also couldn’t have been coordinated with Epi given Epi being Town. LC would have had to be very lucky to get such an excuse but if he’s a wolf he would snap at the opportunity.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:35 pm I'm going to go with a wild gut read and say Epi's fun schtick and dedicated research is a flavourful tryhard smokescreen of deception. [VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Vote on a dead civ... this is a good look I think. I'm not sure an LC scum team kill Epi after LC leaves his vote out here like that. It's too brazen. Or maybe wifom. Hmm. Null I guess due to wifom potential.

His engagement with Colin reads okay but it also has a bit of bloodlust about it given that Colin was fending me off when LC came lurking. Going after a weakened target. A lot can be said about LC with a Colin flip and vice versa. Do not think w/w though.
LC scum really wants Epi dead for X reason where X reason is unknown. I’d say bad look? I’ll get to Colin.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This is just a general notice that I am working on replacements. Don’t talk about this post.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 pm Hey Long Con

Gonna do anything of your own?
Not quite in the LC iso but important when reviewing Creature/ LC possibilities.

Would Creature call out a teammate like this?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I asked them to talk about each other. It's a tactic. I didn't ask you to analyse them as partners.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 am I asked them to talk about each other. It's a tactic. I didn't ask you to analyse them as partners.
You didn't ask me to do anything as far as I can tell
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:18 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 am Colin talk to me about LC and vice versa
I’m lazy, so I’m not going to.
Colin already talked about me. I just saw it in his ISO. He says:

1. I'm surfacey, when I'm usually not, and

2. He doesn't like my ratio of content to non-content.

He kind of wanted people to vote for me, but then decided to accuse Jack of the same thing and then later vote sprityo because Epi and sloonei were doing it.

I think Colin looks pretty bad. Good night Westley. Thank you for everything, I'll most likely vote you in the morning.
Some fair amount of "no u" here which is in the category of things I generally perceive as town but I don't want to get in the habit of doing so because it's not easy to deal with. This is the first time LC mentions Colin and the case isn't strong but it's short and to the point with the analysis. LC distills the entire case into 2 points and then makes the counter in a sentence. GTH this is town but I can't tell you why.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:28 pm Well, your points against me are based on completely normal behaviour for me, which tells me that you are mafia, trying to invent a case by necessity. Shrugging off the responsibility for your final Day 1 vote to Epi and sloondog is also sketchy behaviour, buddying them while sheeping.
there's the no u.

what's sheeping I forgot
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 pm Just so we're all aware of the crucial dynamic at play in the early stages here, this scum role exists:
Once during the game during Phase 0 (no later, if you do not submit the action on time it will be wasted), you may select a player to apprehend and dip. That player will undergo the process of mutation in three stages:

Stage 1: During the day phase following being dipped (Day 1), the player will experience a huge increase in physical size and strength. He or she will be immune to two votes in the poll that day.
Stage 2: During the night phase following being dipped (Night 1), the player will lose command of their emotional and rational faculties, becoming wild and enraged. His or her night action will target randomly, unbeknownst to him or her.
Stage 3: At the start of the day phase following Stage 2 (Day 2), the player will have fully transformed into a supermutant. He or she will be ready to serve The Master as a member of your faction included in your BTSC. That player's original abilities will not be retained
A player who was town on Day 1 will be mafia on Day 2. They did not target BWT because neither of the votes against him would have counted yesterday if that was the case.
I know the person I would pick for this little surprise.

[End Dialogue]
:srsnod: Epignosis...
Did you pick me LC?

1. If I'm bad and picked you, voting you might expose you, which would be counterproductive.
2. Maybe...
3. You'd be a liability! Anyway, I think it would be prudent to consider the way the votes moved around Day 1 to see if any clues can be found on this matter.
This reads very differently if LC was about to give the idea to kill Epi.
3 is an interesting idea from confirmed town Epi so I guess the open-ended question is who would y'all pick to be on your team at the end of phase zero?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 pm Just so we're all aware of the crucial dynamic at play in the early stages here, this scum role exists:
Once during the game during Phase 0 (no later, if you do not submit the action on time it will be wasted), you may select a player to apprehend and dip. That player will undergo the process of mutation in three stages:

Stage 1: During the day phase following being dipped (Day 1), the player will experience a huge increase in physical size and strength. He or she will be immune to two votes in the poll that day.
Stage 2: During the night phase following being dipped (Night 1), the player will lose command of their emotional and rational faculties, becoming wild and enraged. His or her night action will target randomly, unbeknownst to him or her.
Stage 3: At the start of the day phase following Stage 2 (Day 2), the player will have fully transformed into a supermutant. He or she will be ready to serve The Master as a member of your faction included in your BTSC. That player's original abilities will not be retained
A player who was town on Day 1 will be mafia on Day 2. They did not target BWT because neither of the votes against him would have counted yesterday if that was the case.

[End Dialogue]
Did you pick me LC?

1. If I'm bad and picked you, voting you might expose you, which would be counterproductive.
2. Maybe...
3. You'd be a liability! Anyway, I think it would be prudent to consider the way the votes moved around Day 1 to see if any clues can be found on this matter.
4. You'll find out in the morning! :feb:
my strange take on this is that no mafioso would post this with half an hour before the revelation that Epi had died.

Overall conclusion: He's town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:18 pm

[End Dialogue]
Did you pick me LC?

2. Maybe...
4. You'll find out in the morning! :feb:
my strange take on this is that no mafioso would post this with half an hour before the revelation that Epi had died.

Overall conclusion: He's town.
Honestly, he might.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I am trying to keep up. I really didnt want to go into my personal real life problems on here because who wants to hear me complain about my life and ruin this game no one. Basic is the boyfriend is very sick and I now work over 10 hour days at a high stress job.

I am trying to keep up. I don't even understand the suspicion on me or where it comes from. I keep trying to make an effort. It's like lately people just decide they want to suspect me and go for it.

Spirityo continues to not provide much of anything on the way of reads. Even after hes been under some suspicion haven't seen him be his usual aggressive self. I was also saying that about Jack but he did at least come back into it. Oreki and dragomir I assume are probably not planning on coming back at this point.

Creature is a hard one to read he came in on end of day and was all over the place with the votes and posting. I'll have to look more at that.

I will be at work for like forever but I'll try to check in. I didn't want to bail on the game. I'm glad for the extra time today. Putting my vote on no vote currently but will check in periodically.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m having a hell of a time finding my host color on mobile. :goofp:

birdwithteeth11 is returning to replace Oreki.

As Tycho he had a Buffout item. I’m revealing its function publicly to keep everyone on a level field:

Once during a night phase you may take a buffout. During that night you may not be role blocked.

Do not talk about this post. Do not talk about replacement decisions. Thanks gang.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay bwt better start talking or people will randomly lynch you again.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You know now that you mention it, Oreki did use a very suspicious looking font in that one post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay let’s see what some of the others are doing.
Vote:spirtyo
aubergine

I saw ya around, you have anything to say?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also could someone explain salad and sheeping cause I have a vague idea but I want to be sure.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:11 pm Also could someone explain salad and sheeping cause I have a vague idea but I want to be sure.
Sheeping is just following someone else’s reads/lead.

Player salad would be like “tossing” out a bunch of players. Specifically, Jay is of the opinion that anyone who says “I would lynch X, Y or maybe Z” is scum and this is specifically the only acceptable use of the word salad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Maybe there’s supposed to be one more letter in there.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by sprityo »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am So mac has given up on defending himself or making cases on people he accuses? Or does that not even need to happen anymore because in games I've played lately it seems like people don't have to bother to give reasons anymore. Every time I think mac is bad because he's given up and doesn't care I end up being wrong so I dont know.

As of right now I don't know for sure. I have such a hard time making reads day 1. The exchange between creature and epi was interesting but I thought that about creature and another player before and everyone was like oh that's not weird and they weren't bad so I don't know. Could they be teammates? Maybe but I feel like they wouldn't be that obvious about it.

I feel like Jack and spirityo are usually more quick to go around making accusations and getting people to talk but have been more cautious this day 1. BWT also was quick to say vote epi but didnt and hasnt said much other than that they didnt know if they checked in.

We have yet to hear from oreki colin and dragomir

I dont think I've ever played with TSP before so I dont have anything to go on. Sloonei and LC seem like they're usual selves at this point.
Glorfindel seems to be making an effort to follow Jimmy's guide and be like a super civ. Could be an effort to make sure they seem as civ as possible when maybe they aren't.
hi im reading day 1 finally

i only make accusations when i can back them up. Cautious is also not a word in my vocabulary. Reckless is though

the rest of this is pretty on par for what's going on though.
"mac is doing something weird"
"some people did a back and forth"
"these people are acting different"
"no shows"
"dont know, usual selves, glorf is town"

nothing bad on sabie, but it's cut and dry
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

so halfway in almost done with day 1

i dont like creature or LC

also thank goodness this game is moving slower than normal so i can catchup quickly
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

okay that was easy and with an hour and a half to spare

so quick player salad:

Jackofhearts2005 - N/A
Oreki - N/A
Dragoteeth - N/A
ColinIsCool - scum
Creature - scum
Long Con - scum
sabie12 scum
Sloonei - scum

TonyStarkPrime - town
Glorfindel - town
MacDougall - town

So really my issue right now is why are we only talking about the day 1 events and no one is talking about possible epi killers.

personally reading all of that made me want to lynch epi. but someone obviously felt threatened enough by him either directly, or his presence alone to kill him straight away.

thoughts?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

and yes i'm going to ensure a repeat of yesterday does not happen

[VOTE: creature] aubergine
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

So did scum plan to push me to save sabie12 now?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm So did scum plan to push me to save sabie12 now?
I don’t know.

That’d be a bad look for Sloonei. Tell me about that.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”