Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm Sloonei's switch to birdwithteeth looks bad now
This is dumb and what makes me suspect creature outside of just potential w/w with sabie.

Though I don’t buy the narrative that creature came in and caused a firestorm it seems like most of the game played around him just fine.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:13 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm I knew it was ending, but also, Creature's activity of late had no effect on my vote. I saw Sloonei and Epi were voting for sprit and I trust them so far so I voted there.
You town read me and liked my actual case but moved off it to sheep two people voting for worse reasons. That's certainly what I expect of the lazy civ play I associate with this site.

Epi actually deeply analysed Sabie and found her suspect. All he did to put his vote on sprit was quote his posts and say yuck.

I hate this game sometimes.
Fair but wow.
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 pm Any reason to townread Colin?
His vote was lame and his need to explain it shows guilty conscience so no.
A read but not mine. I would never and apparently Mac would never feel the need to make excuses for a spirtyo (I think) vote but that’s a reasonable town direction and unless someone can show me that Colin feels guilty when he’s maf I’m going to say that it’s well within townie behavior.

(Not saying it’s wrong my analysis of Colin would prominently feature the post where he blames his vote on others)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

That’s all for tonight. I’ll try to tie up loose ends and get back to hunting tomorrow. I’d love to see maybe a little bit more energy than we’ve had for most of this game I wanna see something.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Glorfindel »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:52 am
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 pm @Sloonei Yes, lots! I agree with most of it to be honest. I don’t know that I’d be quite so keen to pronounce Creature as Town (I’m not saying that I think otherwise, I just don’t think his posts necessarily scream Town as you seem to suggest there). I also find myself contemplating more deeply the prospective alignments of birdwithteeth, Long Con and Sprityo. What really caught my attention though was your comment in respect of JackofHearts and particularly how it aligns to the comments made by Sabie12. I am working under an assumption that you my friend are firm Town for me. I know it’s early in the game but the fact that your view on him matches Sabie’s and that he’s been undeniably ‘thin’ in both the quantity and depths of his posts so far this game are prompting me to consider my vote with more care.
glorf gonna glorf
Someone else tell me what to think of this if you want but I love it. I think the golden haired elf is probably my fourth strongest town read.
What can I say, Tony? I am walking in the footsteps of the Master this game...

Also, if you’re Mafioso here, your most recent posts are deserving of an Academy Award!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 127

Post by MacDougall »

Colin talk to me about LC and vice versa
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:13 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I'm sorry BWT RIP! I agree this lynch was difficult because I felt I had some town reads but I was unsure about some of the less active players. I felt like it was out of character of Jack and spirityo to not be as involved as they usually are hopefully they'll come in and participate more. I'm still iffy on them. I think the shorter than usual day phase may have also caught some people off guard.
And to answer epis question mac has definitely been wrong about me before.
That isn't helpful. I know the answer to that question. What's more important is this: Is Mac bad here?

1. Yes.
2. No.
I wasn't thinking he was bad just that his suspicion of me is incorrect. I figured he was trying to push me to post reads or something since I only had a couple posts at that point but I suck at trying to make day 1 reads. I at least try to though. Whoever is bad though would just have to plant a seed of doubt about me and I'm a really easy target for a mislynch but any of the people suspecting me could be doing that. In the borderlands game mac was a civ and led a mislynch on me based on him misinterpreting information. Obviously I don't want to continue to be night killed or lynched day 1 or 2 but I also don't want people to not play the game how they want to because they feel bad for me as TSP was suggesting. I just point out that a lot of times people misinterpret or misunderstand me. Epi pointing out that I get killed off quickly so often did make me upset (at the situation) but all I can do is keep trying to get better and not let it bother me. I don't want people feeling bad for me I just want people to take the time to try to understand where I'm coming from or what I'm trying to say. Such as I've been criticized before for putting all my thoughts into one long post but I dont have a computer and I'm typically pretty busy IRL so that's what works for me.
Im at least participating and trying to figure things out as much as I can. It would be nice to hear some thoughts from some of the other people who haven't been around as much or discussed thoughts on the game so far.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let’s refrain from calling each other dumb or anything similar. Mafia is a game of conflict, so go crazy — but remember rule #1. It is not permitted to quote or discuss this post publicly. Thanks gang.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:01 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:13 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I'm sorry BWT RIP! I agree this lynch was difficult because I felt I had some town reads but I was unsure about some of the less active players. I felt like it was out of character of Jack and spirityo to not be as involved as they usually are hopefully they'll come in and participate more. I'm still iffy on them. I think the shorter than usual day phase may have also caught some people off guard.
And to answer epis question mac has definitely been wrong about me before.
That isn't helpful. I know the answer to that question. What's more important is this: Is Mac bad here?

1. Yes.
2. No.
I wasn't thinking he was bad just that his suspicion of me is incorrect. I figured he was trying to push me to post reads or something since I only had a couple posts at that point but I suck at trying to make day 1 reads. I at least try to though. Whoever is bad though would just have to plant a seed of doubt about me and I'm a really easy target for a mislynch but any of the people suspecting me could be doing that. In the borderlands game mac was a civ and led a mislynch on me based on him misinterpreting information. Obviously I don't want to continue to be night killed or lynched day 1 or 2 but I also don't want people to not play the game how they want to because they feel bad for me as TSP was suggesting. I just point out that a lot of times people misinterpret or misunderstand me. Epi pointing out that I get killed off quickly so often did make me upset (at the situation) but all I can do is keep trying to get better and not let it bother me. I don't want people feeling bad for me I just want people to take the time to try to understand where I'm coming from or what I'm trying to say. Such as I've been criticized before for putting all my thoughts into one long post but I dont have a computer and I'm typically pretty busy IRL so that's what works for me.
Im at least participating and trying to figure things out as much as I can. It would be nice to hear some thoughts from some of the other people who haven't been around as much or discussed thoughts on the game so far.
Fair and I can understand it.
If you don’t think Mac is bad who do you think is? Let’s assume Jack and Sprityo are both town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hey what’s up?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 am Hey what’s up?
❤️
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:12 am
❤️
Tony, I’m glad you’re in this game. How’ve you been?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:13 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:12 am
❤️
Tony, I’m glad you’re in this game. How’ve you been?
I’ve been doing well. Life’s been busy but I’m glad to be back.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

What are your thoughts on the game thus far?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:53 am What are your thoughts on the game thus far?
Seems like the type of game I should read.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:53 am What are your thoughts on the game thus far?
Seems like the type of game I should read.
I’d tend to agree with this analysis.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 am Colin talk to me about LC and vice versa
I’m lazy, so I’m not going to.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Tbh everything I have to say about Long Con I have said. I don’t think he’s been in since the lynch so it’s the same feeling.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 am Colin talk to me about LC and vice versa
Colin already talked about me. I just saw it in his ISO. He says:

1. I'm surfacey, when I'm usually not, and

2. He doesn't like my ratio of content to non-content.

He kind of wanted people to vote for me, but then decided to accuse Jack of the same thing and then later vote sprityo because Epi and sloonei were doing it.

I think Colin looks pretty bad. Good night Westley. Thank you for everything, I'll most likely vote you in the morning.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am not sure why the points you raise make me look “pretty bad,” but okay. :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, your points against me are based on completely normal behaviour for me, which tells me that you are mafia, trying to invent a case by necessity. Shrugging off the responsibility for your final Day 1 vote to Epi and sloondog is also sketchy behaviour, buddying them while sheeping.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeeeeah. Colin is maphier.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, this post is a bit sketchy. Why wasn't your answer that you already talked about me? Was the case so fake that you forgot to pretend it was real?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Sloonei »

I don’t think Colin comes in so limp if he’s bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei can be maphier too.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm Sloonei can be maphier too.
Colin and sloonei w/w?

I didn't get that vibe when I looked at Colin's vote reasoning. Sheeping and buddying his own teammate?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

As always, I recommend we catch a bad guy before we start trying to establish the full scum team in one swoop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (PHASE 0)

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am I think early game activity is pretty determinant to a town victory (see Arrowverse) and the lack of it is usually a bad sign.
What sort of early game activity do you like to see, Creature? How does a town achieve a successful start to the game from an activity standpoint?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (PHASE 0)

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:06 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am I think early game activity is pretty determinant to a town victory (see Arrowverse) and the lack of it is usually a bad sign.
What sort of early game activity do you like to see, Creature? How does a town achieve a successful start to the game from an activity standpoint?
I think we're all supposed to be angrier with one another.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Somewhat impulsive rainbow

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

My general impression from yesterday was that a lot of people did things which indicated Not Mafia to me, hence the big green tier. For Colin and Jack, their "Not Mafia" activities were simply seeming to not be all that bothered by the lynch. I think each of them would have had more to say during the lynch if they were bad. Jack especially.

Mac and Long Con are both in similar positions. Nothing they've done really screams "Town" at me, except that I feel they might be playing a more cautious or calculated game if they were bad. I took a glance at LC's recent scum performance in Zootopia, and I felt as though I could see a player (with my retrospective goggles on) who was very conscious of how his posts would be received before he posted them. Long Con in this game seems like he's just firing from the hip. I'm less confident when it comes to reading Mac than any other prominent Syndicate regular, but I'm gonna lean town in him for now because he brings good energy to the game.

I didn't ultimately vote for sabie and I still feel like the case against her is built on stuff that resembles Regular Sabie, but I've not seen enough to tell me that Regular Sabie and Mafia Sabie are really that far apart. The three names below her have combined to do zilch.

Creature is the name I'm tinfoiling right now. I'm gonna sleep on that a bit before I really dig into him. I've only played with Creature once, very recently. He was town and not drastically different than he has been here. He's had a bolder presence in this game, but I don't know that I feel he's really made anything happen in the game, which is my primary concern.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Just so we're all aware of the crucial dynamic at play in the early stages here, this scum role exists:
Once during the game during Phase 0 (no later, if you do not submit the action on time it will be wasted), you may select a player to apprehend and dip. That player will undergo the process of mutation in three stages:

Stage 1: During the day phase following being dipped (Day 1), the player will experience a huge increase in physical size and strength. He or she will be immune to two votes in the poll that day.
Stage 2: During the night phase following being dipped (Night 1), the player will lose command of their emotional and rational faculties, becoming wild and enraged. His or her night action will target randomly, unbeknownst to him or her.
Stage 3: At the start of the day phase following Stage 2 (Day 2), the player will have fully transformed into a supermutant. He or she will be ready to serve The Master as a member of your faction included in your BTSC. That player's original abilities will not be retained
A player who was town on Day 1 will be mafia on Day 2. They did not target BWT because neither of the votes against him would have counted yesterday if that was the case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 pm Just so we're all aware of the crucial dynamic at play in the early stages here, this scum role exists:
Once during the game during Phase 0 (no later, if you do not submit the action on time it will be wasted), you may select a player to apprehend and dip. That player will undergo the process of mutation in three stages:

Stage 1: During the day phase following being dipped (Day 1), the player will experience a huge increase in physical size and strength. He or she will be immune to two votes in the poll that day.
Stage 2: During the night phase following being dipped (Night 1), the player will lose command of their emotional and rational faculties, becoming wild and enraged. His or her night action will target randomly, unbeknownst to him or her.
Stage 3: At the start of the day phase following Stage 2 (Day 2), the player will have fully transformed into a supermutant. He or she will be ready to serve The Master as a member of your faction included in your BTSC. That player's original abilities will not be retained
A player who was town on Day 1 will be mafia on Day 2. They did not target BWT because neither of the votes against him would have counted yesterday if that was the case.
I know the person I would pick for this little surprise.

[End Dialogue]
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 pm Just so we're all aware of the crucial dynamic at play in the early stages here, this scum role exists:

[End Dialogue]
:srsnod: Epignosis...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm

[End Dialogue]
Did you pick me LC?

1. If I'm bad and picked you, voting you might expose you, which would be counterproductive.
2. Maybe...
3. You'd be a liability! Anyway, I think it would be prudent to consider the way the votes moved around Day 1 to see if any clues can be found on this matter.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

[End Dialogue]
Epi wants to be bad that means he’s good now
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Glorfindel »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] Thank you for your updated reads list, my friend. I’ve read through your update and it seems mostly fine. I’ll admit, your rationale for Town reading JackofHearts is at odds to my ‘feel’ of his alignment but it makes sense to me. From my recollection, Oreki has but a single post. Is your read of him based on his absence or the fact that he promised input and more than 24 hours later has not delivered? Lastly, you have Epi as your second highest Townie. I’m not saying that I necessarily disagree with you but can you elaborate for me please about what he’s done to deserve such a lofty position on your reads list? Thanks :)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm

[End Dialogue]
Did you pick me LC?

1. If I'm bad and picked you, voting you might expose you, which would be counterproductive.
2. Maybe...
3. You'd be a liability! Anyway, I think it would be prudent to consider the way the votes moved around Day 1 to see if any clues can be found on this matter.
4. You'll find out in the morning! :feb:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm Sloonei can be maphier too.
Colin and sloonei w/w?

I didn't get that vibe when I looked at Colin's vote reasoning. Sheeping and buddying his own teammate?
:nicenod:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

:shrug2:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Also, this post is a bit sketchy. Why wasn't your answer that you already talked about me? Was the case so fake that you forgot to pretend it was real?
I'm poking fun at Mac being a meanie to me. Why are you so obsessed with me? :grin:

For the record, this vociferous no-u-ing I'm getting actually makes me feel a little better about LC. His thinking here doesn't make sense but even less so if he's mafia and I'm the hill he wants to die on.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm I don’t think Colin comes in so limp if he’s bad.
Civilians have a duty to find scum. Colin attempted to abscond from said duty before realising he already had made comments that he refused to further elaborate on.

Colin may be a civilian failing in his duty but he should be given zero civilian credit for "limpness". I have said it dozens of times, civs allowing a gamestate of apathetic civ play lets the Mafia play that way and get away with it.

There must be consequences for refusal to contribute to a civilian dialogue for no reason.

On another note, if we don't hear from Dragomir and Oreki what do we purport to do with them? I would hope to see some subs. Jay if you require them and can't find them perhaps consider hitting up the MU discord and seeing if we can lure some new players in.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
I'm poking fun at Mac being a meanie to me. Why are you so obsessed with me? :grin:

For the record, this vociferous no-u-ing I'm getting actually makes me feel a little better about LC. His thinking here doesn't make sense but even less so if he's mafia and I'm the hill he wants to die on.
How is me asking you and LC to talk about each other being a big meanie?

What is the benefit of "making fun"?

Also I think when people "make fun" they are generally supposed to be funny. Just some advice.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Because you called me lazy ... ?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Mac I'm not going to engage you further, honestly. Don't know what's going on but your energy is bizarre. It's not even Day 2 and you're going off.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I mean, the gall of me trying to have fun. In a game!!!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lynch MacDougall and save fun!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm Mac I'm not going to engage you further, honestly. Don't know what's going on but your energy is bizarre. It's not even Day 2 and you're going off.
Um. If anything is bizarre it's this response. My "energy"? Is bizarre? Have you been dropping acid homie?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 pm Because you called me lazy ... ?
You take offense to being called lazy? In a game you admittedly say you are just having fun in?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And what does it not being day 2 have to do with anything? Is there some duration trigger that needs to expire before I'm allowed to play properly?

Also how does me having bizarre energy manifest in you choosing to ignore me as opposed to scum reading me?

But alas you're probs gonna just ignore these valid points and get town read for it because "civs".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:51 pm Lynch MacDougall and save fun!
If this is one of those games in which the intention is for the civs to not win then sure lynch me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac’s town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”