Players:

A Person (M) - lynched Day 12 - Triple H
Bass_the_Clever - Bass (M) - Vince McMahon
Boomslang (M) - killed by Triple H Night 7 - The Rock
Bullzeye - Bullz (M) - killed by Triple H Night 4 - Lita
BWT 2.0 (replacing Rey) - lynched Day 8 - Randy Orton
Bea (replacing Summer) - lynched Day 13 - Edge
Captain Bunny Killer - CBK (F) - lynched Day 9 - Eddie Guerrero
Devin the Omniscient - Devin (M) - killed by the Undertaker Night 12 - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
DisgruntledPorcupine - DP (M) - "Macho Man" Randy Savage
Dom (M) - killed by Triple H Night 5 - Chris Jericho
Elohcin - Elo (F) - killed by the Corporation Night 7 - Rey Mysterio
Epignosis - Epig (M) - killed by the Arrogant Heels Night 10 - Hulk Hogan
FWvidChick - FW, Jenny (F) - replaced by Hedgeowl - lynched Day 6 - Bret Hart
FZ. (F) - killed by Triple H Night 3 - Mick Foley
kneel4justice - K4J (M) - killed by Triple H Night 6 - Ric Flair
Lizzy (F) - killed by Trish Stratus Night 8 - Brooklyn Brawler
LouLou26 - Lou (F) - killed by Edge and Eddie Guerrero Night 8 - Matt Hardy

Matahari - Mata (F) - killed by the Arrogant Heels Night 2 - Christian
Mister Rearranger - MR (M) - killed by the Corporation Night 5 - Andre the Giant
Mongoose (F) - lynched Day 2 - Trish Stratus - resurrected by Taker Night 4 - killed by the Corporation Night 9
MovingPictures07 - MP, Sock (M) - lynched Day 4 - Shane McMahon
Russtifinko - Russ (M) - lynched Day 3 - Ultimate Warrior
Sorsha (F) - killed by the Corporation Night 11 - John Cena
Spacedaisy - Daisy (F) - killed by The Arrogant Heels Night 6 - Jeff Hardy
SVS (F) - The Big Show
Turnip Head - TH (M) - killed by the Undertaker Night 8 - Kurt Angle
Vompatti - Vomps (M) - killed by the Corporation Night 3 - resurrected Day 4 - lynched Day 14 - The Undertaker
wrathofgod - WOG (F) - killed by the Arrogant Heels Night 12 - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Zany Dex - Dex (M) - killed by the Corporation Night 13 - Shawn Michaels

ROLES
CIVVIES - 18

Hulk Hogan – The ultimate good guy. He stands for America, Christmas, and puppies. To defend these things, he will kill every even night. If Hulk is targeted for a kill at Summerslam, it will be randomly deflected.

John Cena – No matter the odds, Cena always makes a comeback. He will survive the first attempt on his life. If he votes for Edge in a lynch, his vote will count for three.

The Undertaker – The Deadman always rises again. May not be night killed. At each Wrestlemania the Undertaker may either rezz a player or kill a player.

“The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels – The Showstopper may stop one lynch and switch another.

Bret “The Hitman” Hart – One of the greatest in-ring technicians of all time. He will use these skills to block a player every night.

Matt Hardy – BTSC with Jeff.

Jeff Hardy – BTSC with Matt.

Mick Foley – Foley is very unpredictable and has a split personality. Every night, a different face of Foley will come out. As Cactus Jack, he will randomly deflect any powers he is targeted with (except Randy Orton). As Mankind, he will use the Mandible Claw to silence a player. As Dude Love, he will use his awful dance moves to insanify a player.

Trish Stratus – Trish is an innovator in women’s wrestling. Each odd night she will target a player. There is a 30% chance that player will be silenced, a 30% chance that that player will start the next day with two votes, and a 40% chance that Trish will gain that player’s ability for the next night. 100% Stratusfaction guaranteed!

Rey Mysterio – Kids absolutely love Rey. For this reason, he may not be lynched until Day 5. Once in the game, Rey may use his agility to send in a role to the host and discover what player has that role.

Lita – Searches for Matt every night. If she finds him, she gains BTSC with the Hardy Boyz. (If Lita finds Edge instead, she will join the Arrogant Heels.

“Macho Man” Randy Savage – One of the most well versed wrestlers of all time, the Macho Man will use his knowledge to role check a player every night.

Andre the Giant – The Eighth Wonder of the World is the proverbial immovable object. He will stand in front of a player every night to protect them.

The Ultimate Warrior – The Warrior is unstoppable when he gets on a roll. Each night he has a 50% chance of subtracting one vote from himself for the next day. This will be cumulative.

Kurt Angle – It’s true, it’s true! Your Olympic gold medalist will choose one statement every night and determine if it’s true or false.

Chris Jericho – Y2J is here to ring in a new millennium, the Age of Jericho. He may end one night early and end one lynch early.

Ric Flair – The Nature Boy is a stylin’, profilin’, kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing son of a gun! He also will deliver one of his legendary promos in the thread each day.

The Brooklyn Brawler –Vanilla.

THE CORPORATION - 4

Vince McMahon – Mr. McMahon will send in the kill for the Corporation every odd night. He cannot be blocked by Bret Hart.

The Rock – The People’s Champion layeth the smacketh down on any jabroni who tries to go one on one with the Great One. If the Rock is targeted for a night power, there is a 50% chance it will be deflected back to that player. In addition, each night he will send in a check to Know Your Role.

Big Show – The World’s Largest Athlete will use his incredible strength to block a player every night.

Shane McMahon – Son of the Chairman, Shane will die if Vince is targeted for a night kill. In addition, if Shane is lynched there will be two nights in a row.

THE ARROGANT HEELS - 5

Edge – One of the most underhanded, devious wrestlers of all time. Edge will slip out of the first attempt on his life. He sends in the kill for his team every even night.

Christian – Edge’s brother, also known as Captain Charisma. Every night Christian may send his Peeps to discover the identity of a dead player.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper – Piper is a crazed Scotsman who innovated the wrestling talk show with Piper’s Pit. He will invite a guest onto his show each night and insanify them by screaming incoherently at them.

Randy Orton – Orton fancies himself the Legend Killer. Every night he will search for the next veteran to knock off. If he finds Mick Foley, Bret Hart, or Ric Flair, they will die. At every Wrestlemania Orton may target a player. He has a 75% chance of killing that player.

“The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase – Obscenely wealthy. Every night Ted may buy off another player and control their vote the next day (the player will not be aware of this). Everybody’s got a price!

INDEPENDENT - 3

Triple H – Triple H is the Cerebral Assassin, and strives to be the best in the world…at any cost. HHH will kill a player every night. He will survive the first lynch and night kill attempt on him. HHH must be the last man standing to win.

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin – A tough, beer-swilling redneck who doesn’t trust authority. Austin likes to sheriff the WWE, so every night he will remove one player from the poll from the next day. If Austin votes for a Corporation member in a lynch, his vote will count for three. Austin only needs to survive and for the Corporation to lose in order to win.

Eddie Guerrero – Eddie lies, cheats, and steals, but at least he’s honest about it! Every odd night Eddie may target a player and steal their ability for the next night. He will also cheat death once. Finally, if role checked, Eddie will lie and come back as a random civvie. However, Eddie only needs to survive to win.

Each night one of WWE's Big 4 Pay-Per-Views, Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania, will take place. Certain events associated with each PPV will occur on those nights. After all 4 have been cycled through, we will go back to the first one, so Night 5 will be Summerslam, Night 6 Survivor Series, and so on.

Night 1 – Summerslam
Night 2 – Survivor Series
Night 3 – Royal Rumble
Night 4 – Wrestlemania

Rules:
No unauthorized BTSC.
No outing yourself or anyone else. And try not to infodump, it's not in the spirit of mafia.
Missing more than three votes in a row makes one subject to punishment/replacement at the host's discretion.
Have fun! Or don't, I'm not your boss.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by DFaraday »

Okay, all the roles are out.

WHERE IT ALL BEGINS...AGAIN

(Exciting pyro)

J.R.: Welcome everybody, to Monday Night Raw! We have got a real slobberknocker lined up for you tonight, folks!

KING: That's right, J.R.! All the big stars are going to be here, and I hear the Chairman himself is here!

J.R.: Hold on, King! It looks like our General Manager, Eric Bischoff, is on his way out!

Eric Bischoff strolled out, microphone in hand. He surveyed the audience smugly, then finally spoke over the crowd's booing. “It looks like we've got a big crowd here tonight! I bet you're all real excited to see the WWE Championship match tonight, huh? Well, I've got news for you. There won't be a WWE Championship match tonight!”

The crowd booed even louder. False advertising!

“Now hold on,” explained Bischoff. “The reason we're not having a championship match is because earlier today, our backstage reporter, Todd Grisham, was found murdered! I will not stand for anyone trying to upstage my show! The wrestlers will find the killer, no matter how long it takes!”

The crowd was silent, because this is a really weird direction for a wrestling show to go.

J.R.: Did you here that, King!?!? We've got a murder mystery, right here on Raw!!!

KING: I sure did, J.R.! I sure hope this doesn't kill the mood around here! Hahahahahaha!

J.R.: You're horrible, King!

And so it was that the WWE wrestlers gathered together to figure out who among them was a cold-blooded killer. Apparently this was going to be an ongoing part of the show, alongside the actual wrestling.

“Which one of us do you think it could be?” asked DP.

“It could be any of you, you're all suspects!” declared Rey forcefully.

“How do we know it's not you?” asked Summer, eying Rey.

They all started picking up weapons (mostly folding chairs) and threatening each other loudly.

Just then, announcer Michael Cole walked up to the group. “Not this way!” screamed Cole. “I was sent by the GM to make sure all of you are investigating the case. He gave me a list of places you might want to check out first.”

The group looked at the list: Titan Towers, Death Valley, Dudleyville, and Parts Unknown.

Everyone was suspicious of everyone. Who could be trusted? Who was secretly a heel? Who was really behind the Nexus storyline that didn't go anywhere? Tune in next time to MONDAY NIGHT RAW!

J.R.: Good night, from Seattle!

You have 24 hours to decide where to go first.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

yay game :D

i know zero about these destinations. So off to Google, also hoping to hear from those that do have some knowledge.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Nooooo, I just got home! I can't paste gifs in on my Nook. :(

Oh well, hai guiz!
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Hello everyone :)

Well, I don't know anything about any of these places or what they have to do with wrestling so I'll be waiting till later to make my vote, I guess.

And it looks like there is a lie detector. DF- Are "I am a civvie" statements acceptable?

If so, I'm a civvie :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Ok, well quick searches:

Titan Tower - WWE HQ, it seems. But as a comic reader, that wasn't the first thing I thought of when I saw that. :p

Death Valley - Undertaker, yo!

Dudleyville - Are the Dudz even in this??

Parts Unknown - Ultimate Warrior's from hurr.

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Sorsha wrote:Hello everyone :)

Well, I don't know anything about any of these places or what they have to do with wrestling so I'll be waiting till later to make my vote, I guess.

And it looks like there is a lie detector. DF- Are "I am a civvie" statements acceptable?

"I am a civvie" or "I am Hulk Hogan" or that sort of thing, no. Anything else, yes. :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

I have no clue about wrestling, so i'm going with death valley because it reminds me of sudden valley and well... arrested development
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

Great, just my luck...the two games I signed up for started at the same time :sigh:

Hey Summer and Jenny. I posted a welcome post in the sign up thread, but for some reason it didn't transfer. So: Yay, so happy to have you here as well :D

I know nothing about WWE. What should I choose? I think I'm going to go with "The parts Unknown". Sounds like baldly going where no one has gone before :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Woo game! So looking at the poll, my first instinct is that Titan Towers is where WWE's corporate HQ is located, and possibly not the best option to run with. Death Valley is where Undertaker is said to be from, Dudleyville is where one of the best tag teams of the attitude era were billed from (joint with the Hardys, IMO) and Parts Unknown is generally used for monster heels but there aren't any in this game. There are a couple of good guys who would be from there though.

Also quick note that if all polls end as early as this one I'll probably have to vote very early every day as 6am is not a time I'm awake near :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Forgot to ask: DF, does anyone have info on the poll?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:Forgot to ask: DF, does anyone have info on the poll?
Someone had to, eh?:D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Hey everyone!
I'm modding this game, so if you have any issues please feel free to send me a PM. I'm here to help in whatever way I can.
Have fun!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Titan Tower:

Death Valley:

A national park and desert in California close to the Nevada border. It's where The Undertaker is from. It is also the hottest place on the planet.

Dudleyville:

ESTABLISHED: 1995

NOTABLE RESIDENTS: Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Spike Dudley, various other Dudleys

CHARACTERISTICS: The only city where you can always get a reservation for a table, Dudleyville is home to the most despised team of the original incarnation of ECW — The Dudley Boyz. It doesn't matter if their name is Bubba Ray or Dances With, all of the Dudleys share the same surname and are as tough as they come. Beware of a land that is full of nothing but nearsighted thugs, but if you find yourself lost and looking for a friend, be sure to greet its residents with a loud "WHASSAAAP!"

Parts Unknown:

ESTABLISHED: Unknown

NOTABLE RESIDENTS: Ultimate Warrior, Papa Shango, The Missing Link, Demolition

CHARACTERISTICS: As one might imagine, not much factual information has been learned about Parts Unknown, or the origins of its residents. Perhaps each individual Superstar who calls the land home hailed from one individual "part." If the area is home to any business establishments, we sure do hope Warrior, Shango and Missing Link enjoy a pint together at Parts Unknown Tavern & Grill.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote:Woo game! So looking at the poll, my first instinct is that Titan Towers is where WWE's corporate HQ is located, and possibly not the best option to run with. Death Valley is where Undertaker is said to be from, Dudleyville is where one of the best tag teams of the attitude era were billed from (joint with the Hardys, IMO) and Parts Unknown is generally used for monster heels but there aren't any in this game. There are a couple of good guys who would be from there though.

Also quick note that if all polls end as early as this one I'll probably have to vote very early every day as 6am is not a time I'm awake near :p
Mister Rearranger wrote:Ok, well quick searches:

Titan Tower - WWE HQ, it seems. But as a comic reader, that wasn't the first thing I thought of when I saw that. :p

Death Valley - Undertaker, yo!

Dudleyville - Are the Dudz even in this??

Parts Unknown - Ultimate Warrior's from hurr.
Thank You Both, what are "Monster Heels"? :)

So we have wrestling HQ, 2 civvies and someone not in the game? I am still clueless, lol. I guess I will wait to see if any trends develop.

@Faraday~ Does anyone have info about this poll?
FZ. wrote:Great, just my luck...the two games I signed up for started at the same time :sigh:

Hey Summer and Jenny. I posted a welcome post in the sign up thread, but for some reason it didn't transfer. So: Yay, so happy to have you here as well :D
The posts from the sign up thread do not join the game thread. No real reason why, that is just how we do it :shrug:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote: Thank You Both, what are "Monster Heels"? :)

So we have wrestling HQ, 2 civvies and someone not in the game? I am still clueless, lol. I guess I will wait to see if any trends develop.
Heels are bad guys, Monster Heels are ones who are billed as scary unstoppable... monsters, basically. If you look on Youtube for some of Kane's matches, when he's heel that's the kind of character he often portrays. He had a feud with John Cena a while back where he constantly tormented him in an effort to make him embrace hatred and turn evil (which he'll never do because the kids love him too much). The Dudleys aren't in the game but they do have a connection to both the Hardys and Edge/Christian, so two civs and two baddies. I don't know if I see Dudleyville being a baddie option though. People who know might refresh my memory: Were the Dudleys more often good guys or bad? I barely remember them, I was a kid when they were around.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also Thanks Epi. somehow I missed your post earlier. I am glad some people know about this, hopefully topic related knowledge will not be immensely important.

Also missed this:
Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Forgot to ask: DF, does anyone have info on the poll?
Someone had to, eh?:D

Mafia before coffee
Bullzeye wrote:

Heels are bad guys, Monster Heels are ones who are billed as scary unstoppable... monsters, basically. If you look on Youtube for some of Kane's matches, when he's heel that's the kind of character he often portrays. He had a feud with John Cena a while back where he constantly tormented him in an effort to make him embrace hatred and turn evil (which he'll never do because the kids love him too much). The Dudleys aren't in the game but they do have a connection to both the Hardys and Edge/Christian, so two civs and two baddies. I don't know if I see Dudleyville being a baddie option though. People who know might refresh my memory: Were the Dudleys more often good guys or bad? I barely remember them, I was a kid when they were around.
So baddies, even if they are not in this game?

Are there any potential bad things (game related) about Death Valley?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

No friggin' clue! But based on Epi's description of all of the places, Parts Unknown seems like the least dangerous place to go... Plus Warrior is a civ. Soooo.... Yeah.

*votes*

Also Yay game!! :yay:

Linki from hell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Actually it was only 3 posts, just lots of quotes :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote: Heels are bad guys, Monster Heels are ones who are billed as scary unstoppable... monsters, basically. If you look on Youtube for some of Kane's matches, when he's heel that's the kind of character he often portrays
Kane is a libertarian. He came to my office once to talk about Austrian economics, so that is pretty cool.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Bullzeye wrote:

Idk, wiki says they started off bad and were later portrayed as good?

This poll could go two ways, imo. It's written like we'll be investigating a mystery, so going to a location that's associated with bad guys might be useful. On the other hand, it could just be day 0 guide the story/each option provides something stuff.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote: So baddies, even if they are not in this game?

Are there any potential bad things (game related) about Death Valley?
Yeah but Ultimate Warrior, a civ, is the only person in the game from there. It's more likely to be based on who is in the game than who isn't, right? I thought I'd seen Kane as a civ role as well but apparently not. Death Valley... Undertaker is civ and not usually a bad guy, I dunno. He barely wrestles these days anyway, just shows up to maintain his unbeaten streak at Wrestlemania.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mister Rearranger wrote:This poll could go two ways, imo. It's written like we'll be investigating a mystery, so going to a location that's associated with bad guys might be useful. On the other hand, it could just be day 0 guide the story/each option provides something stuff.
I'm leaning toward Dudleyville just because I love what tag team wrestling used to be when those guys were around. They're associated with two of the Arrogant Heels, but also the (civ) Hardys who were really good before they faded into drug addiction and obscurity. So my vote would basically be based on nostalgia. The only one I think is most likely to be a baddie option is Titan Towers because of it's association with The Corporation and the fact that the McMahons are baddies. I could also go Death Valley because it's only associated with Undertaker and he's still awesome even though his body is pretty much falling apart at this point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game!!!!! :yay:

So I'm glad there are others that have knowledge in this area because mine is 0, though I must compliment DF on his first host post, great writing as always!

I'll have to think about this a bit more and see what other discussion occurs, but I'm not going to give it TOO much thought.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Wow, such a massive player list!

I picked Titan Towers, because I don'tlike the sound of the other options. I didn't even check to see who had voted what yet and just went on instinct.

I'm going to be on a boat all day, but I think you can be without my zany antics and wacky theories for one day. <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Excellent, time to get this game underway. Or afoot, as Sherlock Holmes would say. Not sure where to go right now, but if we pick Titan Towers, can we get a crossover game going? :P
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by reywaS »

So excited for this game! Brings me back to my childhood as I was a huge WWF fan. It use to be called WWF btw before they got in a huge legal battle with the world wildlife foundation over the wwf trademark at which point they switched to WWE. Anyway, my favorite wrestler as a kid was always The Ultimate Warrior. I saw him fight Andre The Giant way back in the late 80s in Nashville.

Anyway, I'm going with Parts Unknown because of the Warrior.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Nobody has info on this poll, it's mostly a Day 0 thing to get people talking and give everyone time to check in (although each option will have a different result). Someone will have info on every poll after this though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, DF!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DF is a nice host; I would never reveal anything like that. :feb:

Given no one has info... and it seems Parts Unknown is probably the most logical, I am going with that.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:DF is a nice host; I would never reveal anything like that. :feb:

Given no one has info... and it seems Parts Unknown is probably the most logical, I am going with that.
I've currently switched my thinking to either PU or Death Valley (as the Dudleys are connected to civs and baddies). What was it about the Valley that made you think Parts was better? Both are connected only to civ roles so I'm not sure why I'd pick one over the other. Fairly sure Titan isn't a good choice though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:DF is a nice host; I would never reveal anything like that. :feb:

I've currently switched my thinking to either PU or Death Valley (as the Dudleys are connected to civs and baddies). What was it about the Valley that made you think Parts was better? Both are connected only to civ roles so I'm not sure why I'd pick one over the other. Fairly sure Titan isn't a good choice though.
I know rey is REALLY into WWE and he picked Parts Unknown and so did Devin, so I figured that made the most sense, since it seems to be connected with The Unknown Warrior.

I did consider what you were saying regarding other options, but I thought they had a possibility to be connected to civvies and baddies, and they were not as directly associated with a role.

Is that line of thinking wrong? Why do you think those two would be better? It's possible I didn't give it enough thought; honestly, I didn't, really. Just saw people seemed to agree Parts = Unknown Warrior = clear civ role, so it makes sense to me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I know rey is REALLY into WWE and he picked Parts Unknown and so did Devin, so I figured that made the most sense, since it seems to be connected with The Unknown Warrior.

I did consider what you were saying regarding other options, but I thought they had a possibility to be connected to civvies and baddies, and they were not as directly associated with a role.

Is that line of thinking wrong? Why do you think those two would be better? It's possible I didn't give it enough thought; honestly, I didn't, really. Just saw people seemed to agree Parts = Unknown Warrior = clear civ role, so it makes sense to me.
It makes perfect sense, it's why I'm considering Parts Unknown as well. I just think that as Death Valley is connected to The Undertaker (arguably the most badass civ in the game, character wise) it might also be a good option. Just wondered if you'd had some incredible epiphany that would turn you in favour of one rather than the other :) .

If the four options match up to the four groups, I'd say one of those two is definitely the civ option thinking about it. Titan is probably bad, Dudleyville could be anything. I may have begun to overthink this poll.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I know rey is REALLY into WWE and he picked Parts Unknown and so did Devin, so I figured that made the most sense, since it seems to be connected with The Unknown Warrior.

It makes perfect sense, it's why I'm considering Parts Unknown as well. I just think that as Death Valley is connected to The Undertaker (arguably the most badass civ in the game, character wise) it might also be a good option. Just wondered if you'd had some incredible epiphany that would turn you in favour of one rather than the other :) .

If the four options match up to the four groups, I'd say one of those two is definitely the civ option thinking about it. Titan is probably bad, Dudleyville could be anything. I may have begun to overthink this poll.
Oh, okay. Nah, actually, the main reason I held off voting right away after early analysis was because I wondered if it would be deduced that Death Valley or Parts Unknown would make sense than the other, but it seems that won't be the case, so I just picked one, lol. It might help a bit that Parts Unknown sounds cooler and doesn't have "Death" in the title. :p But honestly, I didn't give it more thought than a few minutes.

I know what you mean. I've incredibly overthought polls in the past, and given Homestar was far from my shining moment and I WAYYY overthought that Day 0 poll and it didn't help me or the civvies one bit, I thought, eh, not going to do that this time... if I can help it. Lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Although looking at The Undertaker's role, you're right, that is one BADASS role.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I wasn't even thinking of the role, just the wrestler. These days he can't do many shows because he's getting on so much and would probably shatter, but he's still better than half the active roster. Looking at his role though, yeah. Definitely an asset.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:I wasn't even thinking of the role, just the wrestler. These days he can't do many shows because he's getting on so much and would probably shatter, but he's still better than half the active roster. Looking at his role though, yeah. Definitely an asset.
Oh, haha. Well I guess his role is probably based heavily on his real life badassery then!
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

Hey guys, yay the game started. I'm a little confused about what's happening though
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Loulou26 wrote:Hey guys, yay the game started. I'm a little confused about what's happening though
Have you caught up on the posts yet? If not, keep reading. If so, what questions do you have? :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Question for the Almighty Host:

Hey, DF, is there any way we can update the player list for this game to include full names, typical abbreviation, and a gender designation?? If so, that'd be great! I know it's more work for you, so if it's too much of an inconvenience, I get that, but I was thinking it might be especially helpful since this game we have 5 from KSite as well as a couple of players who are still relatively new to mafia, and just 30 different players (which is more than a few!).

If you do decide to update it and need help compiling the information, let me know, as I know everyone here in some way, shape or form. :feb:

Oh, wait, I mean. :)

Lol.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

I was going to choose Unknown, just because it sounds dangerous but then other people did for my reasons *looks at FZ*. Lol
Oh, Team KSITE, how do you feel about going into the same location?? ;)

Hmmmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Something is just weird about it.
Do you really think those type of statements would be acceptable? I am wondering if you knew they would not be acceptable but wanted to be the first to make this claim so that you look like you're willing to risk being caught in a lie, when you're really not. That or some kind of reverse psychology, hoping that because you risked it that this player wouldn't choose you, because they'd think what scum would make that gamble when unnecessary!
But maybe you're just a 'civvie'. Hmpft, I dunno.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote: @Faraday~ Does anyone have info about this poll?

Ok. This is once again weird to me but I have a feeling it's just something that happens on this site.
Can someone explain this information on poll things, is it linked to a role or random? Does it happen to scum, townies or both.
Because it would seem to me that asking if people have information would put scum on the hunt for who has it and give them an idea of who needs to be eliminated. So why ask?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

kneel4justice wrote:

Ok. This is once again weird to me but I have a feeling it's just something that happens on this site.
Can someone explain this information on poll things, is it linked to a role or random? Does it happen to scum, townies or both.
Because it would seem to me that asking if people have information would put scum on the hunt for who has it and give them an idea of who needs to be eliminated. So why ask?
Info is sometimes given to each faction, so the baddies would each have an option to push while a couple of civs would know the best option for all of us and the indy/neutral players may or may not be told what to vote for as well. Apparently it hasn't happened in this game though but when it does it's helpful to know so we can consider who is pushing particular options.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?

Bullzeye wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Info is sometimes given to each faction, so the baddies would each have an option to push while a couple of civs would know the best option for all of us and the indy/neutral players may or may not be told what to vote for as well. Apparently it hasn't happened in this game though but when it does it's helpful to know so we can consider who is pushing particular options.
Precisely.

These Day 0 polls can come in various shapes and sizes are completely customizable, BUT, that being said, the typical Day 0 poll that I've seen over the past three and a half years of playing mafia, if there ever was a 'typical' one, was an info/faction sort of poll. One option could benefit one baddie team, one could benefit another, etc.

Since no one has information, it's unlikely we're seeing a typical info/faction poll here.

But that said, interestingly, there are four different locations -- AND four different factions (civvies, one baddie team, another baddie team, independents... even though they aren't aligned), but it could just be a coincidence. If it isn't a coincidence, apparently nothing can be gleamed anyway, given no one has information, so even if there was an option that might benefit some faction, that faction would not know about it.

Now if DF had given a vague answer or said affirmatively that players had information regarding the poll, then perhaps information as to who was manipulating the thread might have been speculated. Because of this, I personally feel it never hurts to ask the host for clarification.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:Great, just my luck...the two games I signed up for started at the same time :sigh:

The posts from the sign up thread do not join the game thread. No real reason why, that is just how we do it :shrug:
I know, I meant I didn't find it there, not here, but thanks.
Mongoose wrote:Wow, such a massive player list!

I picked Titan Towers, because I don'tlike the sound of the other options. I didn't even check to see who had voted what yet and just went on instinct.

I'm going to be on a boat all day, but I think you can be without my zany antics and wacky theories for one day. <3
The bolded sounds a little apologetic. When I see people saying they didn't do something and explaining something unimportant, without anyone even asking them, it makes me uneasy. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:I was going to choose Unknown, just because it sounds dangerous but then other people did for my reasons *looks at FZ*. Lol
Oh, Team KSITE, how do you feel about going into the same location?? ;)

Hmmmm, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Something is just weird about it.
Do you really think those type of statements would be acceptable? I am wondering if you knew they would not be acceptable but wanted to be the first to make this claim so that you look like you're willing to risk being caught in a lie, when you're really not. That or some kind of reverse psychology, hoping that because you risked it that this player wouldn't choose you, because they'd think what scum would make that gamble when unnecessary!
But maybe you're just a 'civvie'. Hmpft, I dunno.
Hey :D Lol, we're bound to do some things the same, especially if we're both civvies. And since I have no idea what's going to happen in each choice, you're welcome to join me in the unknown :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:Hey guys, yay the game started. I'm a little confused about what's happening though
Have you caught up on the posts yet? If not, keep reading. If so, what questions do you have? :)
I was confused about the poll. But I think I'm just going to go with parts unknown since I have no idea what the options are about.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?

A little. I did think it was a weird thing to ask. But then I don't really know what's accepted on this site yet so...I'm giving the BoTD for now.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

I am assuming that you were pinged by the statement because of the bold.
So my question for you is, why are you only mentioning being pinged after I mentioned her post and not initially when you read it? Feel free to correct me if you did mention it before now.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What I'm wondering about is do you ask questions through PMs or does it all happen in the thread?
Did she say all that just so she could say "I'm a civvie"? She could have said that without making it so noticeable that it's for the lie detector.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”