Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (GAME OVER- MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

What next, gang?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm

DrWilgy
21%
falcon45ca
No votes
hollowkatt
No votes
RondoDimBuckle
7%
sig
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Hanna Barbera (host/mod/others)
71%

Total votes: 14
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (Day1)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Chihiro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:19 pm
Chihiro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:11 pm I just want to take a moment to define how much of a pleasure it is to play Mafia with all of you.

Y'all the rest GOATS.
It's dumb but I kinda think this is townie from Wilgy.

#hedgemaster2000
how what in the world does this provide that makes u think wigly is town?
I don't think wolf Wilgy awkwardly tells everyone he loves them.
ignoring whatever this is, who do you want to vote currently.
Seanzie. Which I did. Silently.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:12 pm
Kate wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:04 pm Still trying the impossible. I should be pretty obviously town. Oh well. Ketchup a couple hundred posts and save the day again.
Why should you be obviously town already?
Cause I'm cute af. Mindset read me, baybee.

And then let's yeet Seanzie (probably. Still have a few hundred posts to go).
Willing to consider Sean but not Dennis or rox one day one. I typically can read both of them fairly well and there just hasn't been enough activity for a solid read yet.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:16 pm
Kate wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:12 pm
CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:09 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:29 am
CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 am So yes Omega is town in my book. Sorry mafia, mislunching Omega suddenly became a lot harder.
Your move.
This post just bothers me. It comes off as TMI because nobody is even pushing me for death. If I had like 6 votes and you were actually worried wolves were trying to mislynch that’d make sense, but that never happened.

Idk it comes off as a white knight mafia
Ding ding ding, you win the prize for worst reason to accuse someone as mafia. TMI despite no flips on D1.
When do people learn TMI accusations on D! hold no water?
WHAT?? wolves have tmi from the moment they get their roles. :eye:
Good job missing the point so spectacularly. There are no flips, so it's impossible to say someone had TMI without any info pointing otherwise.
Bad job making a point, tbh. Wolves have tmi because they KNOW who is a wolf and who is not.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Creature »

I would rather the players on the Neon wagon move to someone else, preferably Jack because I still think he could be a wolf.

I am voting Seanzie because I expect the wagon on him to prompt him to do something this EOD rather than just sit around.

I really hope he doesn't show up after poll closed complaining about being mislynched D1. Why people only show up after EOD?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You and Dennis are fam right?

I'm willing to give both Dennis and Roxy a day, especially since Dennis and Seanzie obviously not wolfing together and also, I like the cut of your jib this game. Feels townie. I can take the reads of a townie who knows players better than me over my own minor pings.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:16 pm
Kate wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:12 pm
CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 am So yes Omega is town in my book. Sorry mafia, mislunching Omega suddenly became a lot harder.
Your move.
This post just bothers me. It comes off as TMI because nobody is even pushing me for death. If I had like 6 votes and you were actually worried wolves were trying to mislynch that’d make sense, but that never happened.

Ding ding ding, you win the prize for worst reason to accuse someone as mafia. TMI despite no flips on D1.
WHAT?? wolves have tmi from the moment they get their roles. :eye:
Good job missing the point so spectacularly. There are no flips, so it's impossible to say someone had TMI without any info pointing otherwise.
To me, it sounds like y'all are arguing about the difference between the words:

prove

and

postulate

CRichard seems focused on TMI involving some way to _prove_ that a mafia had the knowledge, or at least starting from a place of fact aka flips

while maybe TS players or at least DOOM and Kate here have a broader definition of TMI that includes speculating if someone _might_ know that someone else is town because the first someone might be mafia, and none of this involves flips

personally I think both methods are valid 🤪 brave, I know

just don't see the need to fight about definitions
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:25 pm You and Dennis are fam right?

I'm willing to give both Dennis and Roxy a day, especially since Dennis and Seanzie obviously not wolfing together and also, I like the cut of your jib this game. Feels townie. I can take the reads of a townie who knows players better than me over my own minor pings.
this is @Kate
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Creature wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:25 pm I would rather the players on the Neon wagon move to someone else, preferably Jack because I still think he could be a wolf.

I am voting Seanzie because I expect the wagon on him to prompt him to do something this EOD rather than just sit around.

I really hope he doesn't show up after poll closed complaining about being mislynched D1. Why people only show up after EOD?
Why can't you love me the way I love you?

I mean. Why can't you correctly read me the way I correctly read you?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Creature wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:25 pm I would rather the players on the Neon wagon move to someone else, preferably Jack because I still think he could be a wolf.

I don't want to move to jack but I'm willing to move to Sean.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Well, my wagon is not good. I am at a conference without cell signal for 98% of the time. Anyone scumreading me for this alone is not making good decisions.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CRichard
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: CRich

Post by CRichard »

I honestly would be surprised if Seanzie flips town here. Sure there are meta shields on them, yet I don't find them a particular good reason to town lean/read someone and leave it alone.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:47 pm [VOTE: Roxy] aubergine
I don't mind this slot as an option for today. They have been UTR quite a bit today.
What does UTR mean?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:25 pm You and Dennis are fam right?

Yep. Dennis is my son 💙

Ok moving my vote to [VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm
I don't mind this slot as an option for today. They have been UTR quite a bit today.
What does UTR mean?
Under the radar.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 pm Well, my wagon is not good. I am at a conference without cell signal for 98% of the time. Anyone scumreading me for this alone is not making good decisions.
You don't have much time though. I'm not sure you'll be able to get all you voters off you.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 pm Well, my wagon is not good. I am at a conference without cell signal for 98% of the time. Anyone scumreading me for this alone is not making good decisions.
You don't have much time though. I'm not sure you'll be able to get all you voters off you.
I'm also going to go do social things in a minute so I have zero time. Just hoping y'all realize that my only crime is being at a conference.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:17 pm Like please, just plow through Sig/Neon/Dennis and let's get another W in the books. Jay mentioned my winrate recently in a discord chat, and so I've been so pumped to keep it high, and this is an easy sweep.
Yeeeeeeah. His posts up until this point absolutely do not equal a fired up Seanzie looking to win another game.
Are you a wolf or just looking for an easy yeet because you're lost?

CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

What does UTR mean?
I have a feeling I've played with you before. Am I wrong?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I would be unsurprised if CR and Seanzie are wolves together.

CR pushes Seanzie a bit early on with Creature (Creature way moreso) and Dunya gives him a single post of shit for it.

Fast forward half a day. Wagons are Jack and Neon. Reasoning for Seanzie being a wolf is still valid. CR says multiple players are shielding Seanzie. Maybe they're in the last few pages but it reads to me like "multiple players shielding Seanzie" is actually "Dunya made one post about not liking a push on Seanzie."

And now, after the Seanzie wagon has taken off in spite of CR's refusal to move there, now CR is sure Seanzie is a wolf.

Fucking reeks.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

rip to the Jack wagon I guess

someone confirm this, did Creature and Chihiro move from Jack to Seanzie? and Jack thought he was voting Neon but wasn't and he's reasonably on Seanzie given his casing of Sean

CRichard on Roxy makes sense given CR seems to just be voting in their personal poe. However, given how many people townread Roxy, I'm wondering if it's just a safe spot for CR to park their vote 🤔

really CRichard kinda reminds me of my first impression of lucy, bit of arrogance and a strong belief in their own solving skills + how they view the game, mild distaste for any other playstyles
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What does UTR mean?
Urinary tract raffle
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 pm I would be unsurprised if CR and Seanzie are wolves together.

CR pushes Seanzie a bit early on with Creature (Creature way moreso) and Dunya gives him a single post of shit for it.

Fast forward half a day. Wagons are Jack and Neon. Reasoning for Seanzie being a wolf is still valid. CR says multiple players are shielding Seanzie. Maybe they're in the last few pages but it reads to me like "multiple players shielding Seanzie" is actually "Dunya made one post about not liking a push on Seanzie."

And now, after the Seanzie wagon has taken off in spite of CR's refusal to move there, now CR is sure Seanzie is a wolf.

Fucking reeks.
Do you have any reason to think I am a wolf aside from my lack of playing today or preflipping other people (which is bad)

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm I honestly would be surprised if Seanzie flips town here. Sure there are meta shields on them, yet I don't find them a particular good reason to town lean/read someone and leave it alone.
Why aren't you voting Seanzie then?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 281

Post by sig »

I’m liking a lot of the jack content right now.

I think the TMI discussion is lingo clashing

I’m willing to give Roxy and Dennis another phase based off meta. They’re both hard reads.

I think Sean trying to blame in action as the only reason he’s getting votes is disingenuous that’s definitely not why I’m voting for him

Also about to hit my cap so don’t expect many responses back
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 177

Post by Creature »

Alright I am getting a bit cold feet about lynching Seanzie. Perhaps because his reaction feels a bit different than GOC where he was wolf.

Please pay attention to the poll because we might still shuffle our votes around. I can do sig or Jack or maybe Dennis or Roxy if they are brought up again (or Scrappy :shrug:). I don't want Neon lynched.

Also Seanzie, I would like to know where do you feel the strongest about.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 pm I would be unsurprised if CR and Seanzie are wolves together.

Fucking reeks.
Yeah because I would totally get town to suspect my scum buddy, when I could just point towards another townie in that world right?
/s
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I 100% don’t want Neon to be the alt wagon today if we need two I’d say between Jack and Sean are better.

The one big ping for Jack is his Lucy read on me. If he has TMI it’s a good place to soft around a bit.

7 total posts left for me after this
ImageImage
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:35 pm
CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm I honestly would be surprised if Seanzie flips town here. Sure there are meta shields on them, yet I don't find them a particular good reason to town lean/read someone and leave it alone.
I want a counterwagon to Seanzie that I believe in. Also, I feel that Seanzie being inactive because of real life is believable.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Fucking reeks.
"I would be unsurprised if CR and Seanzie are wolves together."
I think you are big wrong about this, but only because you posted like 3 minutes too soon.

CRichard seems pretty willing to push Seanzie here and I don't see how a D1 bus of Seanzie makes any sense for the wolves, when leaving Seanzie alone would keep him in the POE, and if he went full town/proved himself town in a worrying way, scum could just NK him N2 or N3.

Seanzie wolf here only makes sense if we've really caught him and maybe none of the other wolves are voting him yet. I don't feel the numbers yet to indicate that this is a bus.

Like, I agree with 100% of your observations and we noticed the same thing around the same time here. But I disagree with your conclusion that this could somehow be CRichard/Seanzie w/w

Current Seanzie voters: Jackofhearts2005, Kate, sig, Chihiro
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:36 pm I’m liking a lot of the jack content right now.

I’m willing to give Roxy and Dennis another phase based off meta. They’re both hard reads.

I think Sean trying to blame in action as the only reason he’s getting votes is disingenuous that’s definitely not why I’m voting for him

This is mafia.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:37 pm Alright I am getting a bit cold feet about lynching Seanzie. Perhaps because his reaction feels a bit different than GOC where he was wolf.

Please pay attention to the poll because we might still shuffle our votes around. I can do sig or Jack or maybe Dennis or Roxy if they are brought up again (or Scrappy :shrug:). I don't want Neon lynched.

Also Seanzie, I would like to know where do you feel the strongest about.
It’s different, but still not how his normal town play would be, which is why I’m fine with his wagon. It also came together organically later in the day which is positive in my mind given how little content we had for the second half of the phase.

Thoughts on Kate’s thoughts on Roxy? That’s the major hang up I’ve got with moving that way right now.

6 posts left
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Town
Jack
Creature
Dunya
Sig
Kate

Townlean
Lucy
Pyxxy
Doom
Falcon

Nullish
Chihiro
Neon
Dennis
JDizz
Roxy
Fingersplints

Wolves
CR
Seanzie

categories are in order but the nullreads are really close together
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:39 pm
sig wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:36 pm I’m liking a lot of the jack content right now.

This is mafia.

You’ve literally given zero reasoning behind me being mafia besides saying it’s mafia and the entire premise is based off a very clearly wrong take that there wa s a slip,

I just can’t not mafia read someone who finds a very very LHF argument and then Tunnels it all phase
ImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:35 pm
I want a counterwagon to Seanzie that I believe in. Also, I feel that Seanzie being inactive because of real life is believable.
Let's set aside real life for now.

Do you think Roxy is a viable counterwagon with 20 minutes to do?

How about joining me on a Jack wagon? 👀
CRichard wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:46 pm I'm not so sure Jack is a mafia now. Their lasts posts don't give off the vibe of mafia resigned to dying D1.
I think we agree that Jack does not sound like a mafia resigned to dying on D1. He's doing a pretty good job pushing Seanzie here as a miskill, and to prove that he (Jack) is trying, because that will get him townread (for now).

That's my read on the situation, at least.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 pm

Fucking reeks.
I think you are big wrong about this, but only because you posted like 3 minutes too soon.

CRichard seems pretty willing to push Seanzie here and I don't see how a D1 bus of Seanzie makes any sense for the wolves, when leaving Seanzie alone would keep him in the POE, and if he went full town/proved himself town in a worrying way, scum could just NK him N2 or N3.

Seanzie wolf here only makes sense if we've really caught him and maybe none of the other wolves are voting him yet. I don't feel the numbers yet to indicate that this is a bus.

Like, I agree with 100% of your observations and we noticed the same thing around the same time here. But I disagree with your conclusion that this could somehow be CRichard/Seanzie w/w

CR indirectly defended Seanzie in what looks like a dishonest way (assuming there aren't in fact multiple players shielding Seanzie in the posts I haven't read) when he was an alternative to Jack/Neon and then was on board with yeeting Seanzie after the Seanzie wagon had already overtaken the Jack and Neon wagons.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 pm

This is mafia.

You’ve literally given zero reasoning behind me being mafia besides saying it’s mafia and the entire premise is based off a very clearly wrong take that there wa s a slip,

I just can’t not mafia read someone who finds a very very LHF argument and then Tunnels it all phase
Haven't had time, you're the one going after very lhf (me) by exploiting my current location.

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

This is your ~16 minutes until EOD reminder to vote Funland N1!!!

FUNLAND 🎉 😍 Take me by the hand ✋ lead me to the land where fun is had 🙌 🥳 FUNLAND 🥳 😍 The road trip 🚙 to the 🅿️ parking lot is a real hit 👌 🍾 FUNLAND 🍾 😍 The crust of a fun man 🕺 imbibed with some fun plans 👍 Soaking up the 💦 thirst of the land 💯

Vote Funland during Night 1! :D

(Explainer post for why Funland here: viewtopic.php?p=1025195&hilit=funland#p1025195)
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Your move.

TMI accusations are okay because mafia knows alignments so when you said that it came off as if you are only saying that so if omega flipped town you can be like "whoops I was right told you so"
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:44 pm This is your ~16 minutes until EOD reminder to vote Funland N1!!!

FUNLAND 🎉 😍 Take me by the hand ✋ lead me to the land where fun is had 🙌 🥳 FUNLAND 🥳 😍 The road trip 🚙 to the 🅿️ parking lot is a real hit 👌 🍾 FUNLAND 🍾 😍 The crust of a fun man 🕺 imbibed with some fun plans 👍 Soaking up the 💦 thirst of the land 💯

Vote Funland during Night 1! :D

(Explainer post for why Funland here: viewtopic.php?p=1025195&hilit=funland#p1025195)
Vote Neon plz. My only crime has been being IRL at a place without cell service and having almost no time.

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Only saw that post before I realized it's 15 minutes before eod I completely forgot that was today
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 pm

This is mafia.

Haven't had time, you're the one going after very lhf (me) by exploiting my current location.
Nah this is a weak defense and you aren’t a low hanging fruit for being busy.

You’re maybe a busy or disengaged mafia, but you’re being very disengenous by trying to use that as an excuse.

The reasoning for why you mafia read me makes zero sense and you haven’t since D0 tried to engage me on it besides just saying I’m mafia. That alone is scummy. Plus the tone has nothing to do with volume

If you were a busy town you’d not be tunneling you’d have found someone to sheep imo. Plus you only really started pushing me after someone said you were playing within mafia meta.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:44 pm
Your move.

TMI accusations are okay because mafia knows alignments so when you said that it came off as if you are only saying that so if omega flipped town you can be like "whoops I was right told you so"
Vote Neon plz.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Dennis
We need you on Seanzie, please and thank you.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie has been getting the eyebrow from me but knowing him him tunneling is normal

I'm voting [VOTE: chihiro] aubergine off of mostly vibes
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:46 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 pm

This is mafia.

Nah this is a weak defense and you aren’t a low hanging fruit for being busy.

You’re maybe a busy or disengaged mafia, but you’re being very disengenous by trying to use that as an excuse.

The reasoning for why you mafia read me makes zero sense and you haven’t since D0 tried to engage me on it besides just saying I’m mafia. That alone is scummy. Plus the tone has nothing to do with volume

If you were a busy town you’d not be tunneling you’d have found someone to sheep imo. Plus you only really started pushing me after someone said you were playing within mafia meta.
Can't really convince mafia they're wrong, so why would I bother?

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:46 pm @Dennis
We need you on Seanzie, please and thank you.
Seanzie wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:46 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:44 pm
Your move.

Vote Neon plz.
This is uncomfy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It's not that Seanzie hasn't been around. It's that Seanzie has had no townie fire while also claiming to be super fired up to win as town.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:42 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 pm

Fucking reeks.

CR indirectly defended Seanzie in what looks like a dishonest way (assuming there aren't in fact multiple players shielding Seanzie in the posts I haven't read) when he was an alternative to Jack/Neon and then was on board with yeeting Seanzie after the Seanzie wagon had already overtaken the Jack and Neon wagons.
Hmmmmmm. I acknowledge your valid and sensical reasoning. Doesn't help that I find your hand in the Seanzie wagon to be sus, though.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:46 pm Seanzie has been getting the eyebrow from me but knowing him him tunneling is normal

I'm voting [VOTE: chihiro] aubergine off of mostly vibes
Jack is being extremely wolfy, voting anyone other than Neon or Jack more-or-less is a vote for me unfortunately.

Return to “Previous Rackets”