Total votes: 14
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Meta Mafia (day 1)

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:01 pm
SixStrings wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:03 pm Just a gut feel on you being town. Regarding your discussion on being defensive... Although I would agree that defensiveness can be construed as guilty or bad, it could easily be justified in many cases. Yours is one of them. Finally your reasoning seemed to be backed up by a third party in the thread.
pop-in noted
not going to comment on content b/c I don't agree but that probably unimportant
SixStrings was very pop in pop out in his first game. I don't think that's AI and they are new.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

I'm saddened by the fact that the [2] I just clicked over to only involved things that I predicated.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

What?

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:15 am
SixStrings wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:03 pm Just a gut feel on you being town. Regarding your discussion on being defensive... Although I would agree that defensiveness can be construed as guilty or bad, it could easily be justified in many cases. Yours is one of them. Finally your reasoning seemed to be backed up by a third party in the thread.
pop-in noted
SixStrings was very pop in pop out in his first game. I don't think that's AI and they are new.
Sixstrings was town in Muppets I presume?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Syn »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:11 am
Syn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:49 am someone do a backflip
Are you trying to pocket me?
i was hoping you'd notice tbh
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Syn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:27 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:11 am
Syn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:49 am someone do a backflip
Are you trying to pocket me?
i was hoping you'd notice tbh
You'll have to do better.

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 am
pop-in noted
Sixstrings was town in Muppets I presume?
Mmmm. Yes? I am pretty sure lol.

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

booooooring

S

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

booooooring

S

☆Princess Abigail☆

booooooring

S

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 54

Post by S~V~S »

pop-in noted
OK, now this makes me feel better about Six, and worse about you. You snipped this out of context, and are kinda misrepresenting what's going on here.

I tagged Six in a specific question, and he is replying to it. Read it context,
SixStrings wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:03 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:01 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:29 pm also this is irrelevant but people who are more resistant to being voted actually makes me want to push them more

so um
yeah
Maybe we just have a different approach, becasue I am always resistant to being voted :shrug:

My very good friend is hosting her first game on this site, and i hope to be here for all of it, not be miselimmed on day one for a vague reason. Also, I was not 100% sure you really believed I was bad based on what *I think* was my reaction to a host post. I am a person who over thinks things and I am trying to be more spontaneous in Mafia games, but I'm not sure that's working out for me, :haha:

*Your* name is a good role, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to my name being a bad role, so expect more "um what?" from me in the future.
SixStrings wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:01 pm OK, still pretty new at all this but I will chime in. Seems too early to decide on a vote for wolf, however so far I am convinced S -V- S is town.
This is rather astute of you; may I ask why you think so? The other game we played, Muppets, I was in Crusader Rabbit mode, rather than defense mode, as I am here. And even though i do it myself, being defensive is pretty much generally viewed as kinda scummy. So not sure why you would have this thought.
Just a gut feel on you being town. Regarding your discussion on being defensive... Although I would agree that defensiveness can be construed as guilty or bad, it could easily be justified in many cases. Yours is one of them. Finally your reasoning seemed to be backed up by a third party in the thread.
... this reads more like any one of us answering that little notification bell to me.

Your post, and the way you snipped it, feels like low poster hunting rather than scum hunting.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matahari wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:16 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:04 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:13 pm feels like a good portion of people are against me and Syn
What’s your impression of Syn so far?
pls see the post I just posted a couple of posts back

but if you're too lazy to scroll, I'll just say it here
Syn is a town viberead

and I think this might be a good viberead and not one of the ones where I'm just relying on feeling only because I have found some things that are decent indicators of towniness and it's not just one post
Thank you. I’m not too lazy to scroll, I had just finished reading your list, so I had my answer. I have never played with either of you, so it’s hard to find ‘decent indicators of towniness’ when I haven’t seen either of you as mafia.

I would like to hear more from @Syn also, other than the one liners, but maybe that’s not her style.

It’s not that I expect everyone to have solid cases on everyone else on day 1, but I like to hear players thoughts on others, even if the thoughts aren’t solid yet.
When you get caught up, I would like to hear your thoughts, too. I am especially curious about your thoughts on people you have experience with, Like Splints and Roxy.

For me, I know it's town Roxy when she comes in with a big reads list and rains her honesty down on us. Haven't seen this yet, so until it happens, I'm not sure. As for Splints, it's super hard for me to tell her bad from her good game. She a reluctant baddie I know, but she also is quiet when town, so looking for some insight there.

@Roxy same, do you have a read on Splints yet?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:04 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:10 pm
I lean more wolfy on syn than I did this AM, mainly for the stated desire to go after low posters on Day One.
I am voting for Epignosis, who is not a low poster
Those folks have the same odds of randing civ as any of us, and if they're town, force the woofs to NK them if they want to win. Or sort them later in the POE.
assuming that chopping into low posters is a thing that's going to happen (and I am not suggesting it should be, because it's lazy), you would sort low posters early on, not in the late game

and your argument that you "force the woofs to NK them" makes no logical sense in any way whatsoever. why would wolves NK low posters who aren't contributing or are likely to not be present enough to make an informed vote. no comprende
We obvs have different styles of play; I agree that hunting low posters rather than baddies is lazy, and back in the day, it was kinda looked down on a bit. I know that is no longer the case, and I've moved past my personal feels on this. But some people have a slow time starting, and sometimes low posters *are* bad. But statistically, we all have the same odds of being town, and i think it's better to let them have a chance to play. And after a certain time frame, being a low poster in and of itself can be suspect. But not on day one, or prolly even day two.

And I used to be known for NKing low posters, so were these guys that used to play, the Dutchies. It got to the point where baddies started NKing low posters just to frame me. lol. Good times.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:40 pm replace syn and lemon with mata and six

and plummet epi from the top to the bottom

thanks love you
also, Syn, I know you'd voted for Epi. I was referring to this post, where you replaced the bottom two people in Wilgys list (one of which was you, so totally understandable) with the two lowest posters, as well as dropping Epi, the person for whom you had voted.

This was why i thought you wanted to yeet low posters.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:40 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:13 pm feels like a good portion of people are against me and Syn

Syn is a town viberead

and I think this might be a good viberead and not one of the ones where I'm just relying on feeling only because I have found some things that are decent indicators of towniness and it's not just one post
Thank you. I’m not too lazy to scroll, I had just finished reading your list, so I had my answer. I have never played with either of you, so it’s hard to find ‘decent indicators of towniness’ when I haven’t seen either of you as mafia.

I would like to hear more from @Syn also, other than the one liners, but maybe that’s not her style.

It’s not that I expect everyone to have solid cases on everyone else on day 1, but I like to hear players thoughts on others, even if the thoughts aren’t solid yet.
When you get caught up, I would like to hear your thoughts, too. I am especially curious about your thoughts on people you have experience with, Like Splints and Roxy.

For me, I know it's town Roxy when she comes in with a big reads list and rains her honesty down on us. Haven't seen this yet, so until it happens, I'm not sure. As for Splints, it's super hard for me to tell her bad from her good game. She a reluctant baddie I know, but she also is quiet when town, so looking for some insight there.

I’ll never post just for the sake of posting.
Something I noticed, and obviously you can’t trust it but just posting so I can say “see what I mean!” after the game, but you seem naturally more distrusting of my town game lol

How come you don’t want to know how I feel about Rox?
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:18 am

Syn is a town viberead

I’ll never post just for the sake of posting.
Something I noticed, and obviously you can’t trust it but just posting so I can say “see what I mean!” after the game, but you seem naturally more distrusting of my town game lol

How come you don’t want to know how I feel about Rox?
I do want to know. I was asking Mata here cause it was her post I was quoting; it was directed mainly at her.

And I’m not criticizing how you post, I was saying how it makes it harder for me to read you.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

@S~V~S I don’t find you critical. I’m just explaining.
I don’t take issue to you questioning. It’s all the reasons I am quite certain you are town.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

What are the thoughts on falcon? Normally I associate town falcon with being kind of inquisitive. And doing the ISO it’s 2/16 for questions
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Reading back I like everyone Epi is putting down here
Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:12 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:52 pm [VOTE: falcon] aubergine
No.
See, this is what I would call a "pressure vote."

I'm pressuring falcon into answering my questions because it's a "pressure vote." So many questions.

I'm also making other people (and maybe falcon's teammates) talk more about falcon because this is a "pressure vote."

It sucks when I label something a "pressure vote" because it exposes my ploy.
What's your question?
Questions? I already got an answer.
No.

If you had to guess, what would Sean's reason be for not being in favor of voting my slot?
I don't know. But Seanzie answered:
Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:36 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 pm
No.
See, this is what I would call a "pressure vote."

I'm pressuring falcon into answering my questions because it's a "pressure vote." So many questions.

I'm also making other people (and maybe falcon's teammates) talk more about falcon because this is a "pressure vote."

It sucks when I label something a "pressure vote" because it exposes my ploy.
I don't care, still no. Falcon is never a good vote D1.
Do you feel Seanzie has a good enough rapport with you to call that?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

There is someone else who said something like “falcon is notorious for his anti spew” (paraphrasing here) but if falcon is mafia look at whoever this person is
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning.

I still don't think Falcon is a good d1. We yeet the Falcon if they remain a cute lump D2.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Epi
Splints
Neon
SVS
Seanzie

Mata
Six
Dennis
Roxy
Falcon

Syn
Lemon

Order is irrelevant.

This is the way.
Tell me about Lemon.
I saw they did a bunch of catch-up last night that I need to review, but when I made this list, Lemon had a painful amount of posts compared to actual reads.

Tell me what you think of post #75 before I go further.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

Matahari wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 pm I have never played with either of you, so it’s hard to find ‘decent indicators of towniness’ when I haven’t seen either of you as mafia.
I haven't played with Syn before either
I'm using what I think are general indicators of towniness rather than specific meta-associated indicators

because I clearly do not have meta info
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:13 pm Defending yourself is NAI to me because its like human instinct or whatever to not want to die but I respect your views
maybe
it depends on how the defense is made
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:14 pm Okay how does silly sound
better
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I lean more wolfy on syn than I did this AM, mainly for the stated desire to go after low posters on Day One.
You did advise just a moment ago to put Six, Mata, and Epi into the red of my rainbow. I'd say that's pretty low posting hunty. Seeing they are all at the bottom half. We got 3-3-16 in current.
Image Image Image
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:14 am Cause you be woofin
I regret to inform you that you are WRONG
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

pop-in noted
eh fair
just something I side-eyed a bit
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:15 am I'm saddened by the fact that the [2] I just clicked over to only involved things that I predicated.
sentence did not parse
pls explain to my tiny brain
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:23 am Good morning.

I still don't think Falcon is a good d1. We yeet the Falcon if they remain a cute lump D2.
I’m comfortable with me vote

Gro-oo-ovy
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 pm Idk why but I feel weirdest about Syn coming out of this. Gotta think about why that is
Probably because they were like the start of this, and then they backed off just to try and throw shade at like everyone
catching up.....

if you don't know why ypu are saying this then :kadaj:

lemon originally suspected SVS simply for the fact that Syn asked them for top 3 baddies and lemon listed those who had posted *so far* on Day one. SVS was confused by that or never seen lemon's post explaining it. lemon looks ok from this.

Syn is the one who took SVS' "um what" post and ran with it then dropped it by saying we'll see what happens D 4 INRE: all the SVS' pocketing that ensued. So while I am unsure why we have to wait until D 4 to glean anything from all the pocketing (maybe it takes Syn awhile to process attempted pocketing by baddies idk) but I am a firm believer of why wait for 3 days for what you can start today. I think Syn got uptight bc of all the defense SVS got and maybe was hoping to lead a suspicion about her "um what" post. idk. For me Syn's posts come off as slick and a jokey tone that feels faked.

Neon took a hold of the "um what" post and tried to run with it but got extremely bummed out that no one bought into what she was trying to sell. Said no one was understanding that she thought SVS' "um what" post felt "fake as fuck" and forced when in fact everyone seen what she was trying to do and said "no Neon" she begrudgingly said SVS was spewed town "I guess" tho she only posted an ig. She seemed quite forlorn her suspicion did not take root bc she went on to say she couldn't believe people were still talking about it and that the thread has become "stale". It only became stale bc she couldn't get ANYONE to agree with her stance.

Out of the 2 of them I feel Neon looks the worst followed by Syn by a hair.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:02 pm This game state is trash
you are the one who helped start this dumpster fire.
;)
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:59 am There is someone else who said something like “falcon is notorious for his anti spew” (paraphrasing here) but if falcon is mafia look at whoever this person is
Quoting myself for my own records; it was sean
Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:22 pm
2.) Falcon's biggest strength IMO as a wolf is anti-spew. It is very hard to use Falcon's ISO to find their partner's post-flip, and people who try more often end up misyeeting rather than hitting teammates.
If falcon were to flip mafia, major :eye: to Sean as this feels like a set up of “oh hey don’t read too much into what he posted!”
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:39 am
Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 pm Idk why but I feel weirdest about Syn coming out of this. Gotta think about why that is
Probably because they were like the start of this, and then they backed off just to try and throw shade at like everyone
catching up.....

if you don't know why ypu are saying this then :kadaj:
Me? To come back to later you nub. Consider it my bookmark
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn is a town viberead

I'm already seeing a difference in Splints between this game and the last one.

I find that W Splints has less "unique" thinking and is more inclined to go where the thread already is. T Splints voices things that haven't necessarily been contributed yet.

This game feels more T Splints.
Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Splints is way more involved in this game than in tounge tied where we were baddies together and I distinctly remember she didn't want to be mafia then

Ergo townread for you
lol

I wholly disagree with this.

sorry but if I give away her tells she will change them.
;)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Done with my skim. Will address Lemon's read list when I'm on a computer.

Skim has me feeling better about Dennis, but that's about it.

[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:46 am
Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Splints is way more involved in this game than in tounge tied where we were baddies together and I distinctly remember she didn't want to be mafia then

Ergo townread for you
lol

I wholly disagree with this.

sorry but if I give away her tells she will change them.
Oh no lol we’ve been friends a long time and I’d love for you to read me wrong. I’d consider that a win lol
I’ll be the sacrifice that meta mafia demanded :noble:
Gro-oo-ovy
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:31 am OK, now this makes me feel better about Six, and worse about you. You snipped this out of context, and are kinda misrepresenting what's going on here.

I tagged Six in a specific question, and he is replying to it. Read it context,

... this reads more like any one of us answering that little notification bell to me.

Your post, and the way you snipped it, feels like low poster hunting rather than scum hunting.
no, I did read the entire thing in context
I just snipped it because it was messy (you'll notice I tend to do that)

the pop-in was just something I noted at the time (something I usually do silently in my head) and wasn't a scumread at time of posting
although later on I did end up scumreading Six for real for lack of content in general

I also was very much aware that Six must have received a notif from your reply but it was the fact that they didn't try to engage with the thread a bit more after that made me side-eye it

I was not misrepping Six, at least not intentionally
but if you want to say I'm low-poster hunting, yeah I'll accept that

like, unless I see something super towny from them, they stay in POE idc
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 am We obvs have different styles of play; I agree that hunting low posters rather than baddies is lazy, and back in the day, it was kinda looked down on a bit. I know that is no longer the case, and I've moved past my personal feels on this. But some people have a slow time starting, and sometimes low posters *are* bad. But statistically, we all have the same odds of being town, and i think it's better to let them have a chance to play. And after a certain time frame, being a low poster in and of itself can be suspect. But not on day one, or prolly even day two.
I don't really think it's lazy though?
sure, it's lazy if you just exe the people with the lowest posts without thought but if you're trying to find towns first, it's just something that comes with the process sometimes
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:29 pm
Roxy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:19 am And I'll be damned if I give one care about being defensive when I get a suspicion/vote. I will *ALWAYS* defend as it is our duty as town to preserve/prove ourselves in order to be here another day helping/voting for the town.
it's good to try your best to not get elimmed but being defensive is imo not a great way to do it
and I'm not really trying to dissuade people from being defensive because at the end of the day, I can't control other people's reactions to being pushed - I just wanted to give a heads up on how I tend to react to defensiveness
I want to give a heads up about if you are town and don't defend and prove your townie-ness then I tend to react to un-defensiveness.

You cannot control players reactions to pressure or a vote but you can read a defense and gauge your feels from there - no?
;)
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:27 am
I saw they did a bunch of catch-up last night that I need to review, but when I made this list, Lemon had a painful amount of posts compared to actual reads.

Tell me what you think of post #75 before I go further.
reads take time

and I was doing something very important with the rest of my posts
which was asking obvious questions and having fun
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Roxy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:39 am catching up.....
oh wow
lemon likes this post

think I agree with a lot
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lemonfairy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:56 am
S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 am We obvs have different styles of play; I agree that hunting low posters rather than baddies is lazy, and back in the day, it was kinda looked down on a bit. I know that is no longer the case, and I've moved past my personal feels on this. But some people have a slow time starting, and sometimes low posters *are* bad. But statistically, we all have the same odds of being town, and i think it's better to let them have a chance to play. And after a certain time frame, being a low poster in and of itself can be suspect. But not on day one, or prolly even day two.
I don't really think it's lazy though?
sure, it's lazy if you just exe the people with the lowest posts without thought but if you're trying to find towns first, it's just something that comes with the process sometimes
You took out the point I was responding to; Syn initially said it was lazy; I was agreeing.

And in the culture I came up from, you look for wolves first. This could account for the differences.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:31 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:22 pm
Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 amFeels weird ngl
what feels weird?
SVS の動作
please, Neon, explain what these symbols represent as part of your post/thoughts.
;)
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:48 am Will address Lemon's read list when I'm on a computer.
yes, I deserve to be responded to on a computer
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 am
Those folks have the same odds of randing civ as any of us, and if they're town, force the woofs to NK them if they want to win. Or sort them later in the POE.
assuming that chopping into low posters is a thing that's going to happen (and I am not suggesting it should be, because it's lazy), you would sort low posters early on, not in the late game

and your argument that you "force the woofs to NK them" makes no logical sense in any way whatsoever. why would wolves NK low posters who aren't contributing or are likely to not be present enough to make an informed vote. no comprende
We obvs have different styles of play; I agree that hunting low posters rather than baddies is lazy, and back in the day, it was kinda looked down on a bit. I know that is no longer the case, and I've moved past my personal feels on this. But some people have a slow time starting, and sometimes low posters *are* bad. But statistically, we all have the same odds of being town, and i think it's better to let them have a chance to play. And after a certain time frame, being a low poster in and of itself can be suspect. But not on day one, or prolly even day two.

And I used to be known for NKing low posters, so were these guys that used to play, the Dutchies. It got to the point where baddies started NKing low posters just to frame me. lol. Good times.
Unsnipped post ^^
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:44 pm Wasn't impressed with IT part 1 though. Hoping this is better.
You would have been better served if you read the book making cool voice-overs for your kids <3 the movies SUCKED imho.
;)
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Roxy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:57 am You cannot control players reactions to pressure or a vote but you can read a defense and gauge your feels from there - no?
yeah, I'm just saying I tend to have the knee-jerk reaction of negatively reading defensiveness
which sometimes overrides everything else

Return to “Previous Hustles”