[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
SportPonies
tie goon
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by SportPonies »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:35 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 am
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.
But I mentored someone else during her first game, modded her second, and if I did play with her, it was after subbing in on like D2 for someone who was digging themselves a hole.

Edit: meaning I need to refer back to some old games to see if this is legit or not
We're not supposed to edit any posts just as a heads up.
oh oof, I guess I missed that when I was reading the intro posts. Thanks.
My undertitle magically says tie goon and I'm very excited about it
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 am We're not supposed to edit any posts just as a heads up.
Wait. I guess this means it's definitely not a good time to kill Dina.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 134

Post by falcon45ca »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:41 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:39 am
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.
But I mentored someone else during her first game, modded her second, and if I did play with her, it was after subbing in on like D2 for someone who was digging themselves a hole.

Edit: meaning I need to refer back to some old games to see if this is legit or not

I guess I missed it, what's her tone diff that you're seeing here?
:shrug:
Sporty voice: tone

Like a Fender vs Gibson kinda thing?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.

More like a Breedlove vs Seagull thing
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:54 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:53 am
What did Mirando do?
It's just her tone.

More like a Breedlove vs Seagull thing

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Zenge »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:34 am @Zenge did you have an opinion about Miranda specifically, or Moreno the speed of the votes piling on her?
This issue I have with the Miranda wagon is that Miranda is by far the newest player on SDN in this game. Technically sure players like Dr.Wilgy have played fewer games on SDN but they have a lot more experience with forum mafia in general. Miranda on the other hand, I could count the number of games she’s played on one hand probably, maybe an extra finger? Thats games she’s played EVER.

I think it’s reasonable to assume there’s a mix of Syndicate and SDN players in the wolf pack. I think it’s reasonable to assume that one of the first conversations that would have taken place would be to formulate a list of players that would be the easiest to misyeet. From the SDN side, Miranda would have been the TOP of that list.

So when I see the first real cycle open, and within a half hour of a 48 hour cycle, there are already 3 votes on the player who I suspect would have been talked about in wolf chat as the best place to deliver a misyeet, it raises my suspicions and feels rather concerning.

I don’t have a read on Miranda. I honestly don’t believe anyone in this game could have a legitimate read on Miranda at this juncture.

Given that, I find it unlikely that by coincidence within the first half hour of a 48 hour cycle, that three villagers independently claim to have a wolf read on someone who just so happens to be the one player I think would be the most likely choice for wolves to try and misyeet.
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:34 am @Zenge did you have an opinion about Miranda specifically, or Moreno the speed of the votes piling on her?
This issue I have with the Miranda wagon is that Miranda is by far the newest player on SDN in this game. Technically sure players like Dr.Wilgy have played fewer games on SDN but they have a lot more experience with forum mafia in general. Miranda on the other hand, I could count the number of games she’s played on one hand probably, maybe an extra finger? Thats games she’s played EVER.

I think it’s reasonable to assume there’s a mix of Syndicate and SDN players in the wolf pack. I think it’s reasonable to assume that one of the first conversations that would have taken place would be to formulate a list of players that would be the easiest to misyeet. From the SDN side, Miranda would have been the TOP of that list.

So when I see the first real cycle open, and within a half hour of a 48 hour cycle, there are already 3 votes on the player who I suspect would have been talked about in wolf chat as the best place to deliver a misyeet, it raises my suspicions and feels rather concerning.

I don’t have a read on Miranda. I honestly don’t believe anyone in this game could have a legitimate read on Miranda at this juncture.

Given that, I find it unlikely that by coincidence within the first half hour of a 48 hour cycle, that three villagers independently claim to have a wolf read on someone who just so happens to be the one player I think would be the most likely choice for wolves to try and misyeet.
I do agree that a pile on Miranda Feels Bad because I don’t want her to feel bad. It especially feels bad cuz I started it.

I don’t agree that wolves would make some concentrated effort at D1 plus 30 seconds to jump her.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?
I wish I could laugh react this
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Animal Midwife »

The issue is that Miranda isn't the only new player. mighty is here too. He has even fewer games. This also paints miranda as village despite claiming to not have a read on her. If you're worried she's a misyeet, who are you wolf reading on her?
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:35 am So, what is your gripe?

For the record, when someone says "I don't like this cuz of X", I will always assume that X is their primary reason.

When you say "I don't like this wagon, cuz it's happening too quickly" I assume you don't like the wagon, cuz it's happening too quickly.

When I asked you why you haven't followed up w/ any of the wagon voters, and get a whole lotta deflection w/ no real answers, well that doesn't really seem like you care to solve the wagon at all.

The irony of being told by a player who doesn't question players on a wagon he doesn't like that I'm not solving...
I gave my response to why I don’t like the Miranda wagon to Marmot.

And I already told you previously that going to each of the Miranda voters and asking them “Why are you voting for Miranda” isn’t something I believe would yield fruit. It’s not how I solve the game. I was more interested it watching them to see how they behaved further. Asking them directly puts a spotlight on them and leads to them likely obfuscating their behavior. You’ve ruined that now.

Your entire argument against me here, is that “I’m not asking players on a wagon I don’t like about their votes.” Despite my telling you my reason for not asking, twice now.

So essentially your reason for wolf reading me and voting for me is that I’m not playing the game within the very ridged confines of how you think I should play the game. I’m not solving the way you think I should solve. Which is a terrible reason to wolf read someone. Everyone has different ways of solving and playing the game.

Lastly I didn’t appreciate your “doth protest too much comment”. It was unnecessarily antagonistic, and certainly not what I would expect from a legitimate villager looking to gather information and solve the game.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:22 pm

For the record, when someone says "I don't like this cuz of X", I will always assume that X is their primary reason.

When you say "I don't like this wagon, cuz it's happening too quickly" I assume you don't like the wagon, cuz it's happening too quickly.

When I asked you why you haven't followed up w/ any of the wagon voters, and get a whole lotta deflection w/ no real answers, well that doesn't really seem like you care to solve the wagon at all.

The irony of being told by a player who doesn't question players on a wagon he doesn't like that I'm not solving...

And I already told you previously that going to each of the Miranda voters and asking them “Why are you voting for Miranda” isn’t something I believe would yield fruit. It’s not how I solve the game. I was more interested it watching them to see how they behaved further. Asking them directly puts a spotlight on them and leads to them likely obfuscating their behavior. You’ve ruined that now.

Your entire argument against me here, is that “I’m not asking players on a wagon I don’t like about their votes.” Despite my telling you my reason for not asking, twice now.

So essentially your reason for wolf reading me and voting for me is that I’m not playing the game within the very ridged confines of how you think I should play the game. I’m not solving the way you think I should solve. Which is a terrible reason to wolf read someone. Everyone has different ways of solving and playing the game.

Lastly I didn’t appreciate your “doth protest too much comment”. It was unnecessarily antagonistic, and certainly not what I would expect from a legitimate villager looking to gather information and solve the game.

This is not a towny mindset
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:18 pm

The issue is that Miranda isn't the only new player. mighty is here too. He has even fewer games. This also paints miranda as village despite claiming to not have a read on her. If you're worried she's a misyeet, who are you wolf reading on her?
Yes, statistically, all things being equal everyone has a greater chance of being a villager than a wolf.

Mighty is better at taking heat than Miranda in my opinion. I think Miranda’s response to pressure in the past has been fairly Wolfy, despite actually being a villager. Thus making her a better misyeet choice than Mighty. Although I would agree Mighty wouldn’t be a terrible choice either.

I’m not currently wolf reading or village reading anyone voting for her. I’m trying to watch and see what happens. Although the way Falcon has tunneled me for pushing back on this has felt pretty scummy.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Literally saying that he suspects that Maf co-ordinated a wagon on LHF player, but also doesn't feel asking anybody on the wagon as to why would help solve anything.
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:25 pm

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:22 pm

This is not a towny mindset
Trying to imagine how wolves would play the game and looking to see if anyone is doing exactly what I would expect the wolves to do, isn’t a towny mindset?
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Yes, statistically, all things being equal everyone has a greater chance of being a villager than a wolf.

Mighty is better at taking heat than Miranda in my opinion. I think Miranda’s response to pressure in the past has been fairly Wolfy, despite actually being a villager. Thus making her a better misyeet choice than Mighty. Although I would agree Mighty wouldn’t be a terrible choice either.

I’m not currently wolf reading or village reading anyone voting for her. I’m trying to watch and see what happens. Although the way Falcon has tunneled me for pushing back on this has felt pretty scummy.
I'm not here to discuss statistics. I don't know how I feel about falcon but you loudly reacted to the wagon extremely quickly. It didn't feel like passive watching.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Zenge is writing so much 😵‍💫
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:30 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

I'm not here to discuss statistics. I don't know how I feel about falcon but you loudly reacted to the wagon extremely quickly. It didn't feel like passive watching.
I said I didn’t like it. I watched to see what happened after the fact. And what happed was Falcon immediately jumped on me and has attacked me to defend the Miranda wagon.

Their primary argument being that I’m not solving the game EXACTLY the way they demand I solve the game.
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

Has mighty shown up at all yet?

Where’s Mr. Dina??
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

OK, I'm done w/ Zenge for now. I feel he's intentionally bogging down discussion on a single topic, and so!

Moving on
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:35 pm Has mighty shown up at all yet?

Where’s Mr. Dina??
I believe he has.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@Dennis You've got yerself 2 votes bud. Do you have any guesses as to why?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:11 am Abigail,

It has been a trying night. My only comfort in those long hours was the knowledge that you were safely back at home.

Whilst I was in the depths of my despair, I had the most wonderful surprise!

As I am sure you must already be aware, mother has decided to come join me. I was worried she wouldn't recognize me. Time and distance have aged me nearly beyond recognition.

I could sense the trepidation in her face as she first looked upon me, and I must confess, the waters of my soul were near breaching the levees to my sanity when she at first seemed not to recognize my face. Alas, a mother's love does is not yet limited by spacial or temporal boundaries.

The wildlife here is wonderful, but I cannot shake the underlying sense of foreboding whenever I brave the wilderness. Abigail, I hear voices. I see visions.

Terrible visions.

Please keep me in your thoughts as you must know you are in mine.

-Mayo

PS Les voix disent bonjour à maman

Are these kind of posts normal for Mayo?
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 pm OK, I'm done w/ Zenge for now. I feel he's intentionally bogging down discussion on a single topic, and so!

Moving on
I don’t think so. Answer my question, Falcon.

Why do you believe that my trying to guess how wolves would approach the game, and then looking to see if anyone is doing what I expect wolves to do, isn’t a “Towny Mindset”?
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:39 pm

It has been a trying night. My only comfort in those long hours was the knowledge that you were safely back at home.

As I am sure you must already be aware, mother has decided to come join me. I was worried she wouldn't recognize me. Time and distance have aged me nearly beyond recognition.

I could sense the trepidation in her face as she first looked upon me, and I must confess, the waters of my soul were near breaching the levees to my sanity when she at first seemed not to recognize my face. Alas, a mother's love does is not yet limited by spacial or temporal boundaries.

The wildlife here is wonderful, but I cannot shake the underlying sense of foreboding whenever I brave the wilderness. Abigail, I hear voices. I see visions.

Terrible visions.

-Mayo

Do you think such a post is AI?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:40 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 pm OK, I'm done w/ Zenge for now. I feel he's intentionally bogging down discussion on a single topic, and so!

Moving on

Why do you believe that my trying to guess how wolves would approach the game, and then looking to see if anyone is doing what I expect wolves to do, isn’t a “Towny Mindset”?

Cuz' you don't follow up or question any of those players that are doing the exact thing you suspect wolves of doing
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Terrible visions.

-Mayo

No, I'm just curious if I'm gonna be reading more of these letters that make no sense to me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:01 am
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:52 am Wait quick question

Does the Syndicate usually play with mafia as the bad affiliation or wolves?

*squints*
Answers from syndicate regulars are appreciated too, even if dy is correct
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:39 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:25 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 am
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:04 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 am

If I recap your ISO, it is

*fluff* then

a vote on Dennis, whom you likely don't know and some people from TS have expressed suspicion on, but IMO they look fine thus far.

A weird post saying that the first thing that probably actually matters (the 3-vote wagon) wasn't important.

then a lot of questions that don't seem to be designed to go anywhere and hedgy non-takes where you comment on things but the comments are all "This isn't AI" or "that's not enough to form a read".

This looks like an archetype wolf entrance into the game.
All the fluff was from D0. I don't know why you're acting like I've been wasting D1 avoiding any solving.

Which people from TS said Dennis was an issue before my vote? And are you confidently saying he's village when he's barely posted any content? Why does my familiarity with Dennis matter?

Where did I say that any wagon doesn't matter?

You're selectively reading and misinterpreting because the people I said were NAI have posted minimal to zero content. Either you're TMIing them or you're stumbling whole making up reasoning to push me that a full lie. I'm wondering if it's a roundabout way to protect Dennis.
I'm not. I'm just recapping your ISO. Did you not fluff into your Dennis vote?

Don't remember, don't know what this question does to further our conversation though unless you think I'm lying.

My point is that while I could see someone familiar with Dennis possibly seeing something meta-related to justify suspicion at this point, I don't think someone not familiar with Dennis would. If you are seeing something, then please share with the class. If not, it seems like an opportunistic vote.

You didn't say exactly that, but this post IMO feels like discouraging discussion about the first real thing that happened:
Animal Midwife wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 pm
Zenge wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:20 pm I do not like the Miranda wagon. This is happening too fast
3 out of 24 votes is hardly anything to get worked up about especially with over 47 hours left.
Is this OMGUS I see?
If my vote were a joke, you'd know. Every vote of mine has a reason.

I believe you're misrepresenting so please show your work.

I don't need meta to try and form reads on people. I'm going to ask you something point blank again. Are you village reading Dennis? If so, tell me exactly what's he's done that's outside of his wolf range. I want Dennis to bring the energy I saw him fluffing with yesterday.

Do you agree that Miranda's wagon is suspicious and that it happened too quickly?

What exactly are you calling OMGUS?
I asked you to explain your vote. I am willing to work with you, but right now this seems one sided since when you have asked me to explain, I have done so. Please show me the same courtesy.
Neon wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:29 pm Dennis is a wolf
I am neither scumreading or townreading Dennis.

I believe Miranda's wagon likely has AI info.

I think the highlighted text makes it very clear what I'm calling OMGUS.
I already answered in this very post that you quoted.

What information would you get from a miranda village flip? What info would you get from a miranda wolf flip?

Why did you quote Neon? Also, if you don't have a read on Dennis, why is me pressuring him an issue?
Sorry, I think you need to be yeeted. I feel like you're deliberately talking past me.

You didn't say anything about Dennis, aside from ask me about them. Unless if your reason was "I want Dennis to bring the energy I saw him fluffing with yesterday." which... uhh... you think a naked vote is going to have that sort of effect on anyone?

I don't know what info Miranda's wagon has, but I am shit sure it has info.

You literally asked me to! you asked me to provide receipts, I provided receipts. You're just asking for busy work as a distraction, or what?

Don't put words into my mouth, please. I pointed out that your vote on Dennis could be opportunistic. This has been explained. Why are you trying to go in circles? Just to obfuscate my points?

Sean's prolly town
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm

*squints*
It’s a mixed bag. We’ve got a lot of folks from a lot of different mafia backgrounds here. Some say “mafia”, some say “wolf”, some say “baddies”. They are all interchangeable and depend on who you’re speaking to. JJJ uses mafia.

We should change "Mafia" or "Wolf" to simply "JJJ" from now on
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have some unsolicited and unconnected reads:

I am inclined to read both seanzie and Animal Midwife as town.

I do not have a clear vision of what falcon’s mafia play looks like, but I think his hyper-antagonistic approach so far is reminiscent of town falcon.

I have zero concerns about Dennis at this moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:50 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:40 pm

Moving on

Cuz' you don't follow up or question any of those players that are doing the exact thing you suspect wolves of doing
No no no. These are two completely separate issues, and you’re trying to get out of answering the question by muddling them together.

You bolded my saying here’s how I imagine the wolves would approach the game, and you responded by saying “This isn’t a towny mindset”.

Now that I’m asking you to explain why thinking about how the wolves would approach the game and looking to see if anyone is doing exactly what I expect wolves to do isn’t a “towny mindset, you defaulted back to saying I wasn’t asking players why they voted for Miranda which has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.

I asked my question to you clearly and concisely twice. The first time you tried to ignore it. The second time you continued to try and shade me with something that has absolutely nothing to do with the question that I asked you.

That’s it. We’re thunderdoming.

This is a wolf, full stop.

[VOTE: Falcon45ca] aubergine
SportPonies
tie goon

Post by SportPonies »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm
SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Terrible visions.

-Mayo

No, I'm just curious if I'm gonna be reading more of these letters that make no sense to me
Mayo roleplays and posts in poem and prose quite often. I’d say usually there’s game content included in the posts but not always
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also liked the little pop in we got from SVS this morning.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:02 pm This is a wolf, full stop.
I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
miranda920
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: Miranda

Post by miranda920 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 pm @miranda920 Are you a Breedlove or a Seagull?
Excuse my ignorance, what is a Breedlove? I am neither

Scotty was pretty close with their guess! I was pretty impressed!
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Do you have any thoughts of the game so far?
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm
When you say “this is what he does”, it sounds like you’re saying “this is NAI”, is that correct?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:34 pm
When you say “this is what he does”, it sounds like you’re saying “this is NAI”, is that correct?
Not necessarily. I would lean very slightly towards a town read on him. But, at the very least, he should not be scumread for playing the role of antagonist like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:37 pm
Not necessarily. I would lean very slightly towards a town read on him. But, at the very least, he should not be scumread for playing the role of antagonist like this.
Okay, let’s circle back to “This is what he does”.

Because that’s a very generic dismissal of my read and my push. You’re using the fact that you have familiarity with Falcon to completely dismiss my very valid reasons for finding this player to be a wolf.

So with regards to your “This is what he does”, please, I’d like you to be as thorough as possible in your explanation.
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:28 pm

I’ve been at work all morning so I haven’t caught up really

I feel like Scotty is town, it feels like they really put a lot of thought as to which animals we are

I’m unsurprised that Santy is trying to push me

I feel like everyone always tone reads me as wolfy so, meh

I haven’t looked too much at anyone individually so I don’t have any reads for you ATM
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:42 pm

Because that’s a very generic dismissal of my read and my push. You’re using the fact that you have familiarity with Falcon to completely dismiss my very valid reasons for finding this player to be a wolf.

So with regards to your “This is what he does”, please, I’d like you to be as thorough as possible in your explanation.
"What he does" is pick a fight with a player or a couple of players very early in the game. He'll provoke them and do his darndest to get a big reaction out of folks regardless of whether or not he's right, or is making "logical" sense. My understanding of the play is that he does it to create action.

How his play develops from there might vary from game to game. But this is the typical opening move from falcon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:47 pm

I feel like Scotty is town, it feels like they really put a lot of thought as to which animals we are

I haven’t looked too much at anyone individually so I don’t have any reads for you ATM
Why is trying to figure out animals village exactly? Also, I think this is the chillest I've even seen you when getting pushed.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 am I am excited to finally play a game with you where I am not a wolf.
Burn the Witch
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
miranda920
Stool Pigeon

Post by miranda920 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:52 pm

Why is trying to figure out animals village exactly? Also, I think this is the chillest I've even seen you when getting pushed.
Well those were also reads given too, Scotty guess the animal and gave a read

I also am a lot less stressed in my life than I was last game when I was getting pushed. Maybe also just feeling a little better about WW in general, not as insecure.
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:50 pm

"What he does" is pick a fight with a player or a couple of players very early in the game. He'll provoke them and do his darndest to get a big reaction out of folks regardless of whether or not he's right, or is making "logical" sense. My understanding of the play is that he does it to create action.

How his play develops from there might vary from game to game. But this is the typical opening move from falcon.
This is not about picking a fight or provoking a reaction.

I asked him a very simple question, very concisely, twice. The first time he realized he didn’t have a good answer because he was full of it and tried to just walk away from the conversation. The second time he tried to obfuscate and redirect attention, still refusing to admit he was wrong or answer the question.

Coupled with everything else he’s done on thread, this is a wolf.

I’m not letting this go.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:03 pm

I asked him a very simple question, very concisely, twice. The first time he realized he didn’t have a good answer because he was full of it and tried to just walk away from the conversation. The second time he tried to obfuscate and redirect attention, still refusing to admit he was wrong or answer the question.

I’m not letting this go.
I would prefer to see how both of you respond to other things in this thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:57 pm
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:52 pm

Well those were also reads given too, Scotty guess the animal and gave a read

I also am a lot less stressed in my life than I was last game when I was getting pushed. Maybe also just feeling a little better about WW in general, not as insecure.
Is giving reads alone a village exclusive-trait? Especially on D0 when the "reads" were based nearly exclusively on NAI posts.

Like even the read he gave on you was because "you migrate a lot" and "hate mosquitoes".
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:05 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm I'd say it looks more like a falcon. This is what he does.

I’m not letting this go.
I would prefer to see how both of you respond to other things in this thread.
Your defense of Falcon is noted, Sloonei.

Make no mistake, I am reading and monitoring the rest of the game.

I also made note of the fact that in your defense of Falcon, you refused to actually talk about the merits of what I was saying and the complete lack of merits of what Falcon was saying.

Instead you dismissed my wolf read by saying “you know Falcon better” and tried to say “he’s just antagonistic”, and followed that up with “let’s talk about something else…”

If Falcon does flip wolf, you’re 100% next for the way you handled this.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:08 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:05 am

*squints*
Are you asking whether it's mafia or wolves?

The host will often call them the mafia team, but the players here often use the terms interchangeably.

"Player X is mafia"
"Player Y is wolfing"
"Player Z do be howlin'."
I was asking specifically for what the host calls them

But if terminology is fairly interchangeable then what I thought I found might not be a slip after all
What did you think you saw?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”