[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [DAY 2] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:24 am
Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:10 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:23 pmGod I'm so lost
Explain your mindset to me plz.
I'm trying to find town I can bounce off of and work with. You know my best town game recently was GoC when I had a town core I trusted and just worked exclusively with them.

But I'm struggling here. AM was my top town read them dying really sucks.

I think I'm comfortable with Santy for meh reasons that I trust and I think Zenge Falcon is T v T.

I'm starting to lean town on you for meh reasons to.
let me retract my neon townread due to this and the nested post in the chain

these are the same posts she just wrote as wolf in my game
Yes but this is an awful way to read me because as a wolf I'm hyper aware of my town game and I emulate it very very well.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Like if you think you're gonna catch me by looking for similar posts in my wolf games your gonna just misexe me a lot frankly. And I'm very tired of being misexed

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by tutuu »

Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:00 am
I'm trying to find town I can bounce off of and work with. You know my best town game recently was GoC when I had a town core I trusted and just worked exclusively with them.

I think I'm comfortable with Santy for meh reasons that I trust and I think Zenge Falcon is T v T.

Yes but this is an awful way to read me because as a wolf I'm hyper aware of my town game and I emulate it very very well.
cap
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:01 am Like if you think you're gonna catch me by looking for similar posts in my wolf games your gonna just misexe me a lot frankly. And I'm very tired of being misexed
now there's the town neon i know
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:02 am
Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:00 am

cap
No cap and if I cared enough I'd find receipts but I don't lol

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:03 am
Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:01 am Like if you think you're gonna catch me by looking for similar posts in my wolf games your gonna just misexe me a lot frankly. And I'm very tired of being misexed
now there's the town neon i know
I... literally said this as wolf in your game too xD

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Well at least the I'm tired of being misexed part

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:40 pm I don't have much of a reason to town read SAR but my heart feels like she's town. I don't get why she's so confident on miranda, though.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:25 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:19 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:05 pm Effectively we are looking at at least 1 in Dennis/Nate, at least 1 in Seanzie/Miranda920, and lastly at least 1 in the Falcon/Zenge/Santy.
I have Zenge all but locked town, Santy as a town lean, and you have Falcon locked town. Hmm.
I'm confused where you deduced at least 1 in Seanzie/miranda?
Seems like it would be a good time to clarify why you had MR7 in your townreads when you did your SDN reads.
Because I think he just sounds like himself. As mentioned before, I should not be regarded as a reliable source on him given I didn't want to yeet him either of the times I played with him while he was scumming. He's not a strong town read, more towny side of neutral. And it's hard to further assess when he has the restriction. But someone mentioned him sounding unnatural and imo that is NAI for him. I haven't seen anything that makes him wolfy.
Anyway of the SDNers I think genny/mayo are way more likely to be hits and I'd prefer to go there first.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:05 pm Effectively we are looking at at least 1 in Dennis/Nate, at least 1 in Seanzie/Miranda920, and lastly at least 1 in the Falcon/Zenge/Santy.
I have Zenge all but locked town, Santy as a town lean, and you have Falcon locked town. Hmm.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:15 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:50 pm Here I will be sheeping Zenge/Psv take on genny
I'm leaning scum on genny at the moment
I do tend to fall into a bias of (relative) high poster genny=town genny. I think that's because when she's around more I can more easily get a grip on her thought process. It's really hard for me to feel her out either way when she's only posted once this cycle and a handful of times fiscal yesterday. But still I feel like the solving energy hasn't been there.
@MacDougall @Sloonei psv is obvwolf right?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Why?

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

"but" is a scumtell

people who say "but" too much are mafia
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

psv said "but" in 70% of her posts

keeping her stances open/flexible etc etc
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

this is the buttell
☆Princess Abigail☆

I... what?

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 398

Post by MacDougall »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:17 pm @NateTheLesser I would like to know how you feel abouts slots other than Dennis, particularly the likes of Falcon, Marmot, Creature and Mightyrunner7.

I'll be back later, I expect receipts.
Mighty isn't outside of his town meta, his posts always read as carefully crafted. In the last game when he was wolfing I correctly called him out on day one, because he had a habit of picking apart other people's reads without actually offering his own perspective. I haven't seen him do the same thing here. He's relatively new and that's a "tell" that can be fixed, but I lean him town for now. The only thing that gives me pause is his Scotty vote looks bad, both in the wagon position and that his reasoning was pretty much just echoing other people's "role fishing" sus.

Creature is POE because there's no reason for him not to be, I wasn't interested in him yesterday because in my other Syndicate game he low-posted as town so the "volume tell" wasn't convincing for me. But his only votes prior to Scotty were a naked 2nd vote on miranda and a naked 2nd vote on me. He said his miranda vote was because he was least impressed by her on that page, but her only recent content was a day 0 test vote. And that's been about the extent of his solving energy.

Marmot was mostly missing, I remember an early wolf lean of Dennis and then EOD. I didn't really vibe with Marmot's EOD reads, for one thing they were wolfreading me and have carried that into today, and I know that's incorrect. But they were also speculating a Scotty/Santy world, which I thought would be odd positioning to take if they knew Scotty would flip town. But it could have also been a way to place Scotty in a plausible wolf team to justify a vote (which is what Marmot did shortly after).

Falcon/Zenge I have the most turbulence around. I've seen town Zenge make correct pushes that were laser-focused that I didn't understand at all, so I pay attention when he gets this locked in even if I don't completely get it. And I thought falcon was sketchy early on. But the way Z's pushed it has been really twisty, especially his interaction with other people about it when they disagree. And on falcon's end I know he has a scummy playstyle in general, he was misyeeted in the other game I played here. If they were both scum but different factions it'd explain everything tbh
Either this person is the best mafia player I've ever met or they're town. And maybe it's both.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:10 pm
Lawpy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 pm For now based on my raw impressions

[VOTE: Slooneis] aubergine
Have you read your predecessors ISO? You have the benefit of knowing that it was pure town thought so it would be well advised to at least review it and put some stuck in their reads as Dya is an s-tier town player.
Could you kindly direct me where? I’m mostly caught up but dyas post on slooneis was indirect - in agreement with PSV/pshelty’s reasoning mainly
dyachei wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:09 am i like psv's analysis of sloonei. I don't necessarily agree with it, I just like the logic she's using to get to her reads rn

light v
I try to respect my predecessor’s views but I’m not finding the slooneis iso you’re mentioning.
Wasn't saying to read their Sloonei iso. Just their general one.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:34 am now, to complete my wilgy roleplay, i'll see u guys in 1 week
XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:19 am @Lawpy you have to vote in the poll. The vote tags are just for calling out and tracking votes.

Marmot is a better vote than sloonei I feel.
Oh whoops sorry, i’m still looking for a vote tracker here though. Besides end of day screenshots of polls

I’m not opposed to the marmots vote. I’m thinking about that too
Just the poll. It'd be cool if a few of us kept taking snapshots of it for later wagonomics too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:09 am
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:40 pm I don't have much of a reason to town read SAR but my heart feels like she's town. I don't get why she's so confident on miranda, though.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:25 pm
Seems like it would be a good time to clarify why you had MR7 in your townreads when you did your SDN reads.
Because I think he just sounds like himself. As mentioned before, I should not be regarded as a reliable source on him given I didn't want to yeet him either of the times I played with him while he was scumming. He's not a strong town read, more towny side of neutral. And it's hard to further assess when he has the restriction. But someone mentioned him sounding unnatural and imo that is NAI for him. I haven't seen anything that makes him wolfy.
Anyway of the SDNers I think genny/mayo are way more likely to be hits and I'd prefer to go there first.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:15 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:50 pm Here I will be sheeping Zenge/Psv take on genny
I'm leaning scum on genny at the moment
I do tend to fall into a bias of (relative) high poster genny=town genny. I think that's because when she's around more I can more easily get a grip on her thought process. It's really hard for me to feel her out either way when she's only posted once this cycle and a handful of times fiscal yesterday. But still I feel like the solving energy hasn't been there.
@MacDougall @Sloonei psv is obvwolf right?
I've got my suspicions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm very disappointed most of my pings were ignored. Particularly by Sloonei... however.

I now have a LOT of town which is great.

Sloonei
Tutuu
NateTheLesser
Lawpy
Zenge
Seanzie
Dennis

Methinks this is a list of purity.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also ADORED all of Tutuu's reads and am unafraid to sheep the fuck out of Tutuu. Maniac Tutuu deserves to be listened to. Listen to maniac Tutuu.

I'm self banned from reading Neon so nobody is allowed to ask me for that read.

I think if Dennis and Nate are both town then we kill Creature today.
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:58 am I also ADORED all of Tutuu's reads and am unafraid to sheep the fuck out of Tutuu. Maniac Tutuu deserves to be listened to. Listen to maniac Tutuu.

What's your Neon read ?

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quite inclined to townread Falcon also tbh.

Also if I go with Tutuu's PSV sus then Mightyrunner may be town. I think there is one between them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FYI Wilgy's vote in the poll doesn't count. @DrWilgy if you could unvote when you see this that'd be swell.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:58 am I also ADORED all of Tutuu's reads and am unafraid to sheep the fuck out of Tutuu. Maniac Tutuu deserves to be listened to. Listen to maniac Tutuu.

What's your Neon read ?

Like. Theoretically.

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i love you too mac :heart:

i will sheep your nate townread
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 473
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

miranda920 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 pm But also @miranda920 do you realize that you are calling out people for not voting while... You aren't voting.
I don’t know where I called someone out for not voting? I almost always hold on to my vote unless I’m feeling very certain
LMAO I JUST NOTICED THAT I GOT CONFUSED BY A MAC POST AND THAT WASNT YOU.

Please get a pfp uwu
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:07 amI... what?
this post is not a post neon writes as w/w with psv (in all worlds of neon and psv's alignments)

neon started this game's day 0 merry posting a lot. bombarded the thread with those posts

neon hates wolfing. in my recent game she was wolfing was playing linkin park songs on repeat in wolfchat - CRAAAAAAAAAAWLINGGGGG INNNN MY SKINNNNNNN, THESE WOUUUUUUUUUNDS THEY WILLLLL NOT HEAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

neon also plays no less than 10 concurrent mafia games at once. not exaggeration. 10

as such, her being so happy at the start of this game, while she was still wolfing in mine and hated it - it points to her being town

she could be mafia who decided to WIM it up this particular game start - sometimes ppl do that. but the most logical thing to think is that neon is just town here, and was relieved to not rand mafia

in ADDITION, i have a secret tell on neon - i wont be outing it so i can LEGALLY CHEAT in mafia games i play with her, as i will have LEVERAGE over her and i wont ever tell her so she cant COUNTER IT

----

now, let me see if kate made a read on svs. i cant believe i forgot to check that
☆Princess Abigail☆

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:07 am
miranda920 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 pm But also @miranda920 do you realize that you are calling out people for not voting while... You aren't voting.
I don’t know where I called someone out for not voting? I almost always hold on to my vote unless I’m feeling very certain
LMAO I JUST NOTICED THAT I GOT CONFUSED BY A MAC POST AND THAT WASNT YOU.

Please get a pfp uwu
Mac has a googly eye on the question mark

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:07 am
this post is not a post neon writes as w/w with psv (in all worlds of neon and psv's alignments)

neon started this game's day 0 merry posting a lot. bombarded the thread with those posts

neon hates wolfing. in my recent game she was wolfing was playing linkin park songs on repeat in wolfchat - CRAAAAAAAAAAWLINGGGGG INNNN MY SKINNNNNNN, THESE WOUUUUUUUUUNDS THEY WILLLLL NOT HEAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

neon also plays no less than 10 concurrent mafia games at once. not exaggeration. 10

as such, her being so happy at the start of this game, while she was still wolfing in mine and hated it - it points to her being town

she could be mafia who decided to WIM it up this particular game start - sometimes ppl do that. but the most logical thing to think is that neon is just town here, and was relieved to not rand mafia

in ADDITION, i have a secret tell on neon - i wont be outing it so i can LEGALLY CHEAT in mafia games i play with her, as i will have LEVERAGE over her and i wont ever tell her so she cant COUNTER IT

----

now, let me see if kate made a read on svs. i cant believe i forgot to check that
I'm down to like 3 games now cause most of my games ended and I stopped signing up cause champs lol

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 168

Post by S~V~S »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:07 am

----

Kate never really played. She posted some OT, she put her all into the other thread, and probably didn't want to catch up to I think 25-30 pages at that time? And after the last game, I know I swore to never make cold reads on her again, and I'm pretty sure she feels the same. She came super close to completely quitting Mafia after that game.

Also re my long reads list; Champs had 40 some players, this one started with 24. A reads list for a bigger game is longer. I post them in most games, I'll pull a few links for you later.

I'll be around pretty much all day, it's raining.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

wilgy townread falcon. kate was inclined to sheep falcon. mac townreads falcon

enough for me to townread falcon

i still find it weird that falcon decided to WIM it up this particular game. its more energy than he usually puts out

but then i remembered in one other previous game falcon said that he's obvious as mafia, way much scummier as mafia than as stown

so if i believe that (which hopefully he didnt lie about his self-meta as he was town) - it does point to him being town

in addition since there are a lot of ppl who are strangers to each other in this game - if one were to wolf with a lot of strangers, i think those wolves would be less brave / more scared, if they aren't great wolves in the first place. for some people wolfing is scary, and suddenly playing with tons of strangers is even more out of ur comfort zone

but i still wanna try to iso falcon, its so hard for me to read him, he makes 10 empty lines between his lines too for some reason instead of only 1, but i wanna try coz i still kinda dont feel easy about townreading him and id like to feel easy sheeping my townreads there

for marmot, after isoing, i was like "oh cool i dont mind at all reversing my read there". i wanna feel the same for falcon (i game to this game gut scumreading him and now i wanna reverse it)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:15 am I post them in most games, I'll pull a few links for you later.
if you can link me 1 town game of yours where you wallposted as town thats enough, id appreciate it

most people dont lie about self-meta but nook and alison have lied about it so i just dont wanna take the 0.00001% chance someone else could be lying too :P
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Zenge »

Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:05 am
Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:00 am Could you please clarify what you’re referring to as Day 1 noise here?
I'm specifically referring to the initial disagreement between Falcon and Zenge. By "Day 1 noise" I meant something similar to what other people mean when they say "random voting stage". That is, I thought Falcon was just doing his typical game-opening play which would happen regardless of alignment. Zenge's reaction to it looked like a player who'd never seen Falcon before. That was why I chimed in to begin with, and I spent much of the rest of Day 1 trying to reiterate that point.

Falcon has been underwhelming since those opening moments.
I think Falcons’s responses to Zenges push on him is what’s driving the engine for the Zenges tunnel on Falcons and why he kept railing against you for apparently defending Falcons
Yes. This is pretty accurate
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:21 pm
Zenge wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:15 pm
Zenge wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:59 pm For clarity’s sake, I think the first part about being “easy to read” was meant to be a joke.
I guess it wasn’t a joke.

For a player who knows me, and knows me fairly well like Marmot does, I am an easy read.

Or at the very least, Marmot should be able to make his own independent read on my slot. I also noticed that when he responded to my post, he didn't answer my question, and deflected w/ "you get mislynched often"
you know what? good enough

if falcon is mafia here he can officially join the syndicate club of "be more towny as mafia than you are as town". about 70% of us syndicators are in this club, hence why mafia have won like 15 out of the 17 games played this year. but if it happens it happens. i think if u just go by simple logic - u townread falcon here
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 am i think if u just go by simple logic - u townread falcon here
and going by simple logic is the best

after having observed and participated in a few games and hosted a game, and digesting all the information, im coming to the conclusion that town loses way much more games if they overthink stuff, than if they just go by simple logic

in poker terms, town should just play safe, sometimes they lose to a runner runner, but overall just go for the simplest thing, rather than making fancy plays, bluffing, going all-in pre-flop etc
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Aigh I'm catched up. Very glad tutuu us being obvtown, I couldn't get their autograph but I succesfully sneaked in and got a hair from them. And they didn't even notice.

Sneaky snek
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:25 am Aigh I'm catched up. Very glad tutuu us being obvtown, I couldn't get their autograph but I succesfully sneaked in and got a hair from them. And they didn't even notice.

Sneaky snek
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Don't agree in Nate being town. I think they are capable of doing that post as mafia?
But I do think that V!Nate can make like, a lot of post of that quality of insight and just be a Goat in a way that W!Nate cant replicate

(Tho I only played agaisnt W!Nate one time so shhh)
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:27 am Don't agree in Nate being town. I think they are capable of doing that post as mafia?
But I do think that V!Nate can make like, a lot of post of that quality of insight and just be a Goat in a way that W!Nate cant replicate

(Tho I only played agaisnt W!Nate one time so shhh)
Yeah I agree with this sentiment.
SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

Wow I have no idea where in posts I left off when I went to bed yesterday because the "new replies" jumped me well past there so guess I need to go back and find that now. Grump.

Interesting tie tho. But I think I'll

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

Because I feel PSV and Zenge are strong town and I think getting the Zenge v Falcon solve would be good
HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:32 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:01 pm I can read some of Marmot's posts from End of Day 1 as a mafia member looking for a place to park their vote, rather than a town player making an earnest effort to solve. Here are a couple about Scotty in particular that stood out:
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:50 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:44 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:42 pm marmot, you know scotty better than i do, would you read his iso and give me thoughts?
My initial thought from seeing his post count is "wow, only 56 posts".
Looking through Scotty's ISO.

I don't think his posts are bad, like they do look like posts that townies make, but I am having hard time seeing a scumhunting mindset behind them.

Also

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:44 pm Let it also be known that I’d *prefer* a syndiCat player to go first.

I was thinking about this, and as a game structural standpoint, I believe there to be an even number of players in each community on the mafia team. So I feel fine about one of my community going first
I don't think the logic here adds up. If the mafia team is evenly split (which I doubt it is guaranteed to be), there wouldn't be a reason for him to push his own community, as the odds are equivalent.

Although, if he knows that he's town, he would then think there is a slightly higher chance of chopping a wolf among the rest of the Syndicaters based on this logic.

Hmmm...

This could be mildly TMIing himself town, but it also gives me pause that he didn't include that in his argument, so that may not have even been part of it.
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:07 pm I'm probably going to move my vote off of Creature because it seems his lack of activity and commitment is out of his control atm.

I wish there was a wagon other than Scotty to offer more choices. Scotty is a fine choice given his contributions thus far, but I'm slightly put off by the fact that he has technically made townie posts. If anyone wants to give me a name to ISO, I will.
The first one feels more convoluted than it needs to be, as though Marmot's seeking out his own justification to place a vote on a wagon that's already taking off. The second is full of language that suggests Marmot has no faith in the Scotty wagon, but is resigned to joining it anyway. I also feel like his justification for choosing Scotty over Creature is weak.

What would you expect town marmot to do?
Pass out fewer trees? :haha:
he has technically made townie posts.
as a qualifier strikes me as incredibly sketch, tbh.

Also, I went back over Creatures iso, and he mentions a couple of times that he's strapped for time, but you made it sound like he's got an issue beyond his control. Did I miss the post where he said that?
Marmot never answered my question about his making excuses for Creatures time crunch.

This is what Creature said about it:

Creature wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:59 pm Wished I had more time for day 1.
Creature wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:43 pm I don't really have time for this game right now.
He also said he was "unengaged"

What Marmot said:

He voted for Creature fairly early, then switched to Scotty with a weak justification:
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:19 pm [VOTE: scotty] aubergine

Ties bad.
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:07 pm I'm probably going to move my vote off of Creature because it seems his lack of activity and commitment is out of his control atm.

I wish there was a wagon other than Scotty to offer more choices. Scotty is a fine choice given his contributions thus far, but I'm slightly put off by the fact that he has technically made townie posts. If anyone wants to give me a name to ISO, I will.
How does he know that it's out of his control?? How?? TMI.

They're both bad.

Since they're tied at this time, I'm putting one on Marmot, since he didn't specifically answer me when asked about this.

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh, they were tied when i started my post. Still dropping it on Marmot, i think they're both bad.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I'm sorry but I remember the first time I played with falcon I also sussed them, took the insight of some Syndicate people that were kinda in the middle and just went into 'sure falcon is mafia' mindset ignoring other people calling them town and never really got out of there. Falcon was town there.
I think seeing the falcon wagon as PURE SDN and the peole from the same site that know him more calling them town should be a huge signal of that wagon being bad.
I know Zenge is tunneled . But I hope this is a wake-up call if you are town

@SARdoghandler @potentialsheltervet @mightyrunner7
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

seanzie
mac
lawpy
zenge
neon
dennis
SARhandler - (riding on psv mafia. if psv not mafia, im dropping the townread)

sloonei
falcon - mostly sheeping
nate - purely sheeping
miranda - extremely miniscule gut townread, its very weak

marmot - purely sheeping
psv

ill try to iso creature but he's so hard to read. svs is the other syndicator i didnt end up with a read on, i will try to iso her. lacking experience / meta hurts read accuracy so im hesitant. i should remember that i can always fall back on sheeping mac and sloonei on slots i have difficulty reading
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

* Patiently waits for the tuutu townread *
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[redacted joke since need to be kept pg-13] but god damn it was so funny what a shame
SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:32 am I'm sorry but I remember the first time I played with falcon I also sussed them, took the insight of some Syndicate people that were kinda in the middle and just went into 'sure falcon is mafia' mindset ignoring other people calling them town and never really got out of there. Falcon was town there.
I think seeing the falcon wagon as PURE SDN and the peole from the same site that know him more calling them town should be a huge signal of that wagon being bad.

I'm willing to redirect, but wanted to get a vote on the board at the very least.

I want to get Zenge out of his tunnel because he's an extremely valuable town player but if he's going to hyperfocus on his falcon read then I don't know how else to do that. I've seen some of the points on Marmot/Creature (read back over the past two pages or so). Can you elaborate on why you feel strongly Creature is a hit? If you've already explicitly detailed, then directing me to a post is fine but I doubt I'll be able to do a full catch up today like I did yesterday
HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:32 am I'm sorry but I remember the first time I played with falcon I also sussed them, took the insight of some Syndicate people that were kinda in the middle and just went into 'sure falcon is mafia' mindset ignoring other people calling them town and never really got out of there. Falcon was town there.

Santy pls. Join the Falcon vote. The waters fine. Just dip your toe in.

Look I get this argument that people are making that “Oh Falcon is just a super sketchy player. It’s why he gets misyeeted”.

That is not the issue, Santy.

How often have you seen me protect noobs even though they were sketchy as hell?

I can tell the difference between a villager who is sketchy and wolf.

This isn’t about “sketchyness”. Flacon evaded and obfuscated pressure and questioning from me, in a way that was scummy. It wasn’t “villager but sketchy” it was scummy.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:36 am * Patiently waits for the tuutu townread *
ughhh my knee jerk reaction is to bare my fang and hiss like a cat HISSSSSSS out of ego that you're trying to pocket me

posts like these are like ego attacks / domination attempts

i need some time and do it with a clear head and emotional neutrality. like a monk

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”