[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 398

Re: [DAY 2] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:17 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:04 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 pm And I just noticed, reading my own post, that Creature was actually there in the last five minutes too, so ....?
so ....?
So, all three of you, Scotty and Creature were all there in the last five minutes. Creature, who you initially voted for but then moved off cause a third party implied he might be busy; Scotty, who was himself saying he had been to busy to be active in the thread~ who you said earlier had "technically townie posts", and you only voted him becasue "Ties bad", and you, ignoring both of them.

So I'm pretty OK with my vote.

Linki marmie

Twenty minutes before EOD
Creature wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:40 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:36 pm @Creature are you still here, you can't disappear now just because you're not in the lead anymore!!

I mean you can, I just want to hear more from you.
I am trying to get dinner ready but I keep getting distracted.
Between that and this, Creature made multiple posts. So did you, and Scotty came in, and you quoted him (I spoilered this cause this is getting long)

Spoiler: show
Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:53 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:52 pm Oh I see I have votes
:scared:

santygrass wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:52 pm I forgot about this game, wild

:scared:

Marmot wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:17 pm
santygrass wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:49 pm We got more.

Genny:
genny wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:04 am
miranda920 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:58 am

Agreed, I miss react buttons *sad face*
Don’t you just love it when guests come over and complain about your decor?

I’m excited about all the options for ISOs that I will never do!
Caustic approach. Slightly pessimistic but thoughtful.
You are a crow, and definitely good.
potentialsheltervet:
potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:53 pm Playing on a forum that doesn't censor profanity feels illegal. And empowering.
Is enriched and strengthened by profanity.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:03 pm
SARdoghandler wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:28 pm

Very tired, actually going to sleep maybe
Yes, the SAR is for search and rescue though I've been out of it a few years now
Probably huskies tbh but I think that's my vet showing
It's ok, Scotties be cool
African or European?
Smh everyone hates on huskies. Embracing the drama is way more fun.
Tut tuts those that don’t like drama.
potentialsheltervet wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:10 pm
Zenge wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:37 pm

Geese. They’re mean and poop everywhere.
Shut the fuck up
Inimical. Has a prickly defense.

You’re a North American porcupine, and you are probably good.
SportPonies:
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:10 pm Note that I left out those that haven’t posted or if I missed their posts.

But I’ve solved a good majority of the game.

Everyone that’s good can get in my arc and we shall reside in love and peace and harmony
what am I? Get to work.
SportPonies wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:35 pm *playbows*
You’re a hippogriff, and you already have the most posts even though you hadn’t posted until 4 hours ago. So you’re probably just bad and mega posting because you’re trying to overcompensate for the fact that you’re not even real.

Sorry.
Creature:
Creature wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:58 pm Boy I am angry and exhausted
You sound like my father-in-law.

You are probably my father-in-law. He’s firmly 3P and keeps trying to offer me unprompted financial advice. As I’ve said before, Greg, we’re doing fine and my portfolio IS already diversified with foreign investments.

I’m sorry about your rand, Creature.

Also, I read all of this and understood nothing.

Is this a very crafty and unnecesarly complex way of posting fluff?
I wish santy had more to say to this to Scotty today, because this single interaction with no followup looks very partnerish in the event Scotty flips wolf.

:omg:
Yeah you're reading this the same way I am.

I get Marmot's argument for not wanting Creature to go over sorta.

But to dismiss the possibility that it was dya wolf shielding Creature is one tick against it.

Another is that it's no excuse to lazily vote the top wagon. Especially when it's Scotty, who I'd expect Marmot to over value the presence of and be very wary of miselimming day 1 over Creature. I doubt Marmot wouldn't try to at least curry up another chop, or try harder to explore Scotty's mindset and figure out his alignment.
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him, They/them
Aka: Mayo

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:08 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:47 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:27 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:58 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:50 pm
NateTheLesser wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:40 pm

tbqh I'd be more down for this if the way you were pushing it didn't feel so off.

I know what you think of his initial push on you and those early interactions. Talk to me about the 2nd half of the day and EOD. How has your read developed?
Nahhhh. Zenge is lock town, or at least lock not AM's killer. He's never participating in that NK imo.
Why not
Because recently, NKing AM on SDN is... I don't want to phrase it poorly but it's being seen as something of a dick move. She gets killed early all the fucking time and she's expressed frustration with it.
Zenge wouldn't stand for being part of a team that kills her night one. No chance, no way. It's just not happening.
Why do you assume AM was the nk to clear someone?

I see 3 people dead
I specifically stated Zenge is clear from being the faction that killed her, whoever that was.
reeeeally though? this is a dangerous read.
IS that because you don't trust the logic that zenge would never accept an AM NK

or

Because you aren't convinced AM was the NK?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:35 pm @tutuu Did you read my entire ISO? Because all I saw was you snap scumreading me off of what I said about SAR and now I'm super duper death red.
Shes not even voting you and everyone else townreads you so why does her read on you matter?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:38 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:36 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:36 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:35 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:33 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:25 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:24 pm Well hang on
Kinda weird tbh if marmot and creature are both scum that marmot would be one of the only ones on creature right now
[VOTE: marmot ] aubergine
Do you think Creature and I are partners?
Ehhhh not really. I think there is a wolf between the two of you.
Which one do you think is more likely?
I'm unsure. But I'm more TRing the people on your wagon so I'm hanging there for now.
Also I tend to feel bad voting out people who aren't present. Skill issue or something
Oops, something came up, I'll be back on Day 7 (please don't kill me)
:haha:

On a different note tbh I'm not fully convinced by mayo softing vig... I believe he'd do it even if not a vig. And I still feel bad about him. He's kinda a shenanigans player so I don't really... Actually tbh
[VOTE: mayo ] aubergine
Noting that since being called a wolf your cautious thread presence has been replaced with scattergun reads and votes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:45 pm Well I don't think Mayo and PSV are partnered, because now would be a weird time to call them out on it and put them under fire.
When deepwolves (especially lamist ones) get pressure they quite often start compulsively pushing weaker wolves to restore their credibility.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:48 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:44 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:40 pm You're in a tunnel SVS. I won't pursue this conversation any further because I don't think it's a good use of my time or the thread's tim
u two are literally rehashing goc lmao watch u both be wolves

anyway

@Marmot id like to express one last reservation i have with one of your posts, if i may

your gut reaction was to kill me with fire due to me sheeping sloonei and mac on u being mafia. soon after that u changed ur mind

still, i find that odd, u (probably) knew i subbed in very recently and the game is midway thru day 2

so even if it was for a little while, please, could you explain to me in full detail your thought process behind thinking im scum for sheeping "at this stage of the game"

like, what was going on in your head? it will help me a lot if its detailed, please
I saw that you had 74 posts, which to me meant you had posted plenty of content and were invested. Also, I'm not entirely sure why, but you sheeping someone else's vote just seemed surprising to me.

If you had like 10 posts and were sheeping, I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

But then I did some research and the reasoning made a little more sense.
What research?
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:22 pm My usual vote spreadsheet bizniss.

Day 1 Votes
(The only note here is I don't actually know exactly when mayo's vote for Creature was, because I couldn't find an in thread vote post for it. It was sometime before the timestamp I have)

Waterfall

EOD Wagons

Yeah, sorry about that.

It was whenever I asked how to post the vote on the thread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

One thing I worry about is that the SDN players seem to more compulsively townread each other which is causing an overemphasis on Syndicators who don't do that. Yesterday and today all viable wagons have been Syndicators. SDNers are over emphasising on Syndicators and Syndicators are ignoring SDNers due to no SDNers having strong pushes onto other SDNers.

SDNers need to make more effort to find the wolves in the other SDNers or wolf SDNers are gonna skate.

SDNers.
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:23 pm I still don't understand Nate's vote waterfalls. Maybe I should just stick to the rivers and the lakes that I'm used to.
There have been so many TLC references in recent games.

Not complaining.

I find them crazy sexy and cool
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Zenge »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:39 pm
SARdoghandler wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:03 pm
santygrass wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:58 pm
SARdoghandler wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:49 pm Oh good beetlejeuse worked. Welcome back Santy

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Hihi . Your only trouble or what pinged you me being missing? Nothing else ?

I mean, I am pretty blank since I have read nothing of D1. How about you?
I just wanted to see you here because you not here was sus. Not like wolfy sus but just general sus if that makes sense?

I have read probably 10% of D1 and focused mainly on the SDNers for now.

Not feeling mighty, maybe dy but I almost never play with her anyway. Nate, genny, and mayo next but feeling ok with them for now, just not as good as I feel about Zenge/PSV/Miranda

Isn't this just a ranking of the baseline sus of the SDNers (except maybe the noob)?

Zenge/PSV are village read at baseline
Mayo, Genny, Nate are some level of sus at baseline
PSV gets misyeeted all the time. I’ve been misyeeted recently too. I wouldn’t say we’re village read at baseline
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

Lawpy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:05 pm
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:26 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:00 pm You’re right. I’m extremely dissatisfied.

I asked you for one thing. One simple thing. Give me your thoughts on the content itself.

Instead you gave another hand wavy answer that simply acknowledges the existence of the content and talk about how it was created on D1.

I wanted you to talk to me about the argument I’m making against Falcon. The specific point about what Falcon said, my rebuttal, and what you agree with or disagree with in that exchange, with specifics.

I still expect an answer here.
I think Falcon said a provocative thing about you and you were provoked. I think he made a mountain out of a molehill first, and you responded by making your out mountain out of your own molehill. Falcon's initial gripe, whether or not we believe it, was that you were not proactive enough in addressing your concerns about the early Miranda votes. Was it fair as an accusation at face value? Not really. But was it an acceptable play for early Day 1 of a crossover mafia game on Mafiathesyndicate.com? Absolutely.

You responded critically and defensively, because it was a bit of a bogus accusation. That is fair. But, in your response, I felt you took some liberties with his words, or at least presented a rather one-sided view of his position (It is not hard to see how falcon could interpret your initial concern as being simply the speed with which the votes occurred). This is reminiscent of how you have responded to me today. But, again, that is fine, because it is Day 1 of a mafia game, and we need to twist some words to get people talking.

Was I swayed by any of the arguments either of you made against one another? No. I was not. If I am to give a read, it's that both of you are town. Falcon, for playing the role of provocateur. You, because your defensive reaction turned into what looks to be a very firmly-held belief that you are onto something. But neither of those are strong reads, which is why I will again stress that I'm more interested in seeing how you respond to other things.

I do not believe there is anything meaningful to be gained by continuing this dialogue.
Get out of here with your calm and reasoning.

Also, intentionally being peacemaker and trying to stop a distracting argument feels town to me.
That argument doesn’t look distracting to me and the peacemaker role is what’s actually making me wary

I’m interested to know who you’re wolfreading, if any, in this exchange
In this exchange

W -> V

Falcon -> Sloo --------> Zenge
SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:18 pm
SARdoghandler wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:39 am
santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:32 am I'm sorry but I remember the first time I played with falcon I also sussed them, took the insight of some Syndicate people that were kinda in the middle and just went into 'sure falcon is mafia' mindset ignoring other people calling them town and never really got out of there. Falcon was town there.
I think seeing the falcon wagon as PURE SDN and the peole from the same site that know him more calling them town should be a huge signal of that wagon being bad.
I know Zenge is tunneled . But I hope this is a wake-up call if you are town

@SARdoghandler @potentialsheltervet @mightyrunner7
I'm willing to redirect, but wanted to get a vote on the board at the very least.

I want to get Zenge out of his tunnel because he's an extremely valuable town player but if he's going to hyperfocus on his falcon read then I don't know how else to do that. I've seen some of the points on Marmot/Creature (read back over the past two pages or so). Can you elaborate on why you feel strongly Creature is a hit? If you've already explicitly detailed, then directing me to a post is fine but I doubt I'll be able to do a full catch up today like I did yesterday
You seem to have no read on Falcon at all yet voted them despite identifying that Zenge was tunneling because voting Falcon is the only way you know how to get Zenge out of tunnel?

Am I reading this correctly?
Yeah that about sums it up. I probably got in way over my head with this game tbh. I knew that it was probably going to be high posting compared to the typical SDN game but when we are on D2 and already over 50 pages... Well, like I said. I'm over my head. I usually have ~30-60 of dedicated time to play per day. So add that to the fact I'm unfamiliar with half the roster so can't make snap reads and :shrug:

It's sub par but right now sheeping my top village reads is at least something. If ya'll want to yeet me for it, that's cool so that at least I'm not a distraction later but if you think my reads and posts would be this bad if I had a pack behind me to feed me things... Well, I got bad news
HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 pm Votecount as of end of day 1

Scotty 8 - (Marmot, dyachei/lawpy, mightyrunner7, SportPonies, Neon, Creature, Sloonei, potentialsheltervet)
Creature 5 - (Mayo the Mayo, Kate, S~V~S, falcon45ca, DrWilgy)
Dennis 3 - (Animal Midwife, Scotty, NateTheLesser)
SportPonies 3 - (Seanzie, miranda920, pyxxy)
Falcon45ca 2 - (Zenge, santygrass)
pyxxy 1 - (genny)
Marmot 1 - (Dennis)

Did not vote 1 - (SARdoghandler)

Notes:

The mafia shooting Animal Midwife on night 1 after Scotty goes over, quite blatantly spews the Dennis wagon. Almost too blatantly. I am very confident there is a strong difference check between Dennis and NateTheLesser at this time.

I personally view Creature as a probable hit. He is not his towny self and has no enthusiasm. He keeps talking about his lack of energy/engagement which I have seen him do as mafia because he genuinely does not enjoy wolfing. I think Creature does need to be resolved to help town make heads or tails of the gamestate. I also don't trust Marmot at all and observed Marmot defend Creature during day 1 in a really questionable way. His reasons for ending up voting Scotty felt like he was trying to reach for justifications to be voting town, if Creature was town he wouldn't need to make said justifications.

Obviously if Creature and Dennis are both mafia, the Scotty wagon is very likely to contain multiple mafia. I'd be particularly interested in those who are more familiar with Scotty coming under fire, especially because after reading his ISO he felt like very basic Scotty, who is an A++ town player especially mid to late game. I would expect the likes of Marmot, Neon and Sloonei to be disinclined from killing Scotty day 1 over Creature when comparing their two isos.

@Sloonei, @Neon, @Marmot why did you end up voting out Scotty over Creature?
I have been liking this subs entrance into the game, and am definitely vibing with most of what they wrote here.

Strong town feels
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:01 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:00 pm Closing your view to one world is glaringly bad already.
And I'm being forceful here for a reason don't you get that vibe or is it only me?

I am a Falcon Partner now for suggesting having mech pointing at them being villa?

Give me something to work with Zenge smh
I can't believe you outed yourself so easily smh
I know you're joking but I have santy as a wolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:09 pm Okay, fine :(
[VOTE: creature ] aubergine
I'm beginning to confbias PSV as mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:14 pm You being stuck on falcon isn't giving anything new to the thread and simply put, doesnt help. Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh. But once again, I am not telling you to stop wolf-reading falcon.

But like, who else is a wolf regardless if they have equity with Falcon? Who could be taking advantage of your falcon push or Bussing falcon here?

That sort of reads I am asking of you, to put more nuance in your reads. Hyperfocusing is just bad . Village strongest weapon is reassesing.

If you only ask "falcon is a wolf? Yeah
Falcon is a wolf? Yeah " Then you are not reassesing. You are going deeper into the tunnel
You're actually the one who is pushing the content. Why don't you look elsewhere bub?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:43 am
Zenge wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:41 am
SARdoghandler wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:39 am
santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:32 am I'm sorry but I remember the first time I played with falcon I also sussed them, took the insight of some Syndicate people that were kinda in the middle and just went into 'sure falcon is mafia' mindset ignoring other people calling them town and never really got out of there. Falcon was town there.
I think seeing the falcon wagon as PURE SDN and the peole from the same site that know him more calling them town should be a huge signal of that wagon being bad.

I'm willing to redirect, but wanted to get a vote on the board at the very least.

I want to get Zenge out of his tunnel because he's an extremely valuable town player but if he's going to hyperfocus on his falcon read then I don't know how else to do that. I've seen some of the points on Marmot/Creature (read back over the past two pages or so). Can you elaborate on why you feel strongly Creature is a hit? If you've already explicitly detailed, then directing me to a post is fine but I doubt I'll be able to do a full catch up today like I did yesterday
Pls stay 🥺
looks like you're one of those bottom energy high ego archetype of mafia players that love to tell everyone "SHUT UP AND OBEY ME" but then u also drop the 🥺 emoji and be like "pls hug me and give me headpats ;-;"
I feel called out

Also [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:28 pm I feel like there’s a lot of resistance to zenges push on falcons

Santy at least is approaching from a pretty strongly village trajectory by highlighting the need to reassess in the event Zenges is wrong and looking for other wolves that don’t depend primarily on falcons being a wolf
Santy is probably a wolf because Santy is being sanctimonious and belabouring all the stuff he can that is "town 101" when as town he leaves all that shit behind and just goes ham on reads. Net outcome is town Santy gets heavily sussed and wolf Santy gets heavily townread.
miranda920
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: Miranda

Post by miranda920 »

Okay, I’m going to go marmot here
I don’t have time to really look into the other options since I’m literally in the stadium for the concert now

If I’m wrong then I’ll vote creature next cycle

[VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:00 pm One thing I worry about is that the SDN players seem to more compulsively townread each other which is causing an overemphasis on Syndicators who don't do that. Yesterday and today all viable wagons have been Syndicators. SDNers are over emphasising on Syndicators and Syndicators are ignoring SDNers due to no SDNers having strong pushes onto other SDNers.

SDNers need to make more effort to find the wolves in the other SDNers or wolf SDNers are gonna skate.

SDNers.
This is a good point that I'd like to see all SDNers respond to in some way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:03 am And like, if falcon is a wolf we cant blame the L on the Syndicates Skill Issue.

Win-Win
Mmmm yes spam me with skill issue gifs

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
SARdoghandler
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: SAR

Post by SARdoghandler »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:00 pm One thing I worry about is that the SDN players seem to more compulsively townread each other which is causing an overemphasis on Syndicators who don't do that. Yesterday and today all viable wagons have been Syndicators. SDNers are over emphasising on Syndicators and Syndicators are ignoring SDNers due to no SDNers having strong pushes onto other SDNers.

SDNers.
This is a good point that I'd like to see all SDNers respond to in some way.
As long as it isn't Zenge, PSV, or Miranda, then I think any of the other SDNers are within a wolf meta currently.

Santy gets eyebrows for sussing me because he should know this is pretty stock normal play. He's seen me wolf somewhat recently and this ain't it. Genny not being at least a little here and sassy is concerning, but she is usually a low poster like I am so also could be overwhelmed. I used to have a very good track record of reading her and nothing has stood out as village genny thus far on iso. Mayo feels village for tone but he's a good, sneaky wolf.

I can't read Nate or Lawpy well (esp Lawp - I tunneled him hard last game we played both as village) so dipping out of that for now
HRH The Bloody Queeb of Ebgland
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:14 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:11 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:07 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:01 pm
SportPonies wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:22 pm okay I finally stopped being lazy and revoke what I said about Miranda.

Her tone is identical in Stardew and Fire Emblem.
was miranda town in these stardew and fire emblem games?

if so, both sport ponies and animal midwife died while having townreads on miranda

that should be taken into account (the reads of the towns who died n1)

miranda boosts up in townyness
Scum in Fire emblem, Town in Stardew
rip nevermind then (unless they did actually townread miranda after all. ill check tomorrow)
Aren't you asleep?
Why does that matter?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by tutuu »

marmot's wagon is 6 villagers

either:

1) im wrong to townread all of them

2) creature and marmot are both town and wolves dont care

3) marmot is a powerful mafia PR, could be a N2+ mafia vig (in the OP it says one of the potential modifiers is "patient" or smth - u can only act N2+)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:18 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:16 pm @Sloonei Gth, what is your read on falcon?
Mafia
Mine too tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:24 pm But I do not like to make pre-flip associative reads. Saying "Falcon is suspicious because of how he treated Marmot" prior to flipping Marmot is a dangerous game.
Sure. But I find the three to be extremely compatible so I'm very comfy with the wagons being as they are.
This contradicts their most recent effort to drum up a mayo wagon.
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 473
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:24 pm
Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:28 pm I feel like there’s a lot of resistance to zenges push on falcons

Santy at least is approaching from a pretty strongly village trajectory by highlighting the need to reassess in the event Zenges is wrong and looking for other wolves that don’t depend primarily on falcons being a wolf
Santy is probably a wolf because Santy is being sanctimonious and belabouring all the stuff he can that is "town 101" when as town he leaves all that shit behind and just goes ham on reads. Net outcome is town Santy gets heavily sussed and wolf Santy gets heavily townread.
Someday you'll learn to read me correctly.

Today is still not that day
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:29 pm I think if any of the three are town it's probably Marmot, and they're in the unfortunate position of getting lumped in with the wrong crowd.
What makes Marmot the more likely town in the 3?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Also, gth I'd say Miranda is prob a wolf with the content I've been reading from them .

Kinda surprised that Creature still haven't posted
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:30 pm
Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:16 pm @Sloonei Gth, what is your read on falcon?
Mafia
Hmm

Do you therefore think Zenges tunnel on Falcons is justified after all?

Because it’s looking like you’re disagreeing with Zenges tunnel on Falcons early posts but found Falcons’s later behavior to be problematic independent of the Zenges tunnel, and i’m trying to see if i understood correctly
I never thought Zenge should stop pushing Falcon. All I ever tried to say on Day 1 was that the things Zenge objected to are not out of the ordinary for Falcon. This does not mean those things need to mean that Falcon is town. Just that I would not suspect him on the basis of those things.

After looking at Falcon's posts in more depth, I think there are reasons to be concerned about him. This still does not mean I have him as lock mafia. But I have questions and would like answers.
Similarly I actually read Falcon prior to even realising there was some Zenge/Falcon Mexican standoff occurring and found Falcon scummy because most of his early pushes were overemphasis on things that are NAI. I find Falcon's usual pressure targets to be more palatable than here.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Like, from SoD two my initial sus Creature/Dennis have provided... Nothing to the thread which is sad to parse through
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:31 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:29 pm I think if any of the three are town it's probably Marmot, and they're in the unfortunate position of getting lumped in with the wrong crowd.
I think I feel the opposite. Marmot might be my strongest suspect independent of all others. But I have not looked too deeply into Creature, and I admittedly have only looked at a handful of Marmot posts in formulating my suspicion.
I would be very surprised if Creature flipped town here. I don't think it very likely.

Don't think Marmot is townie but he isn't like empirically playing to my expectations of wolf Marmot like Creature is.

I think PSV is someone you should look at.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:30 pm
Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
Mafia
Hmm

Do you therefore think Zenges tunnel on Falcons is justified after all?

Because it’s looking like you’re disagreeing with Zenges tunnel on Falcons early posts but found Falcons’s later behavior to be problematic independent of the Zenges tunnel, and i’m trying to see if i understood correctly
I never thought Zenge should stop pushing Falcon. All I ever tried to say on Day 1 was that the things Zenge objected to are not out of the ordinary for Falcon. This does not mean those things need to mean that Falcon is town. Just that I would not suspect him on the basis of those things.

After looking at Falcon's posts in more depth, I think there are reasons to be concerned about him. This still does not mean I have him as lock mafia. But I have questions and would like answers.
Similarly I actually read Falcon prior to even realising there was some Zenge/Falcon Mexican standoff occurring and found Falcon scummy because most of his early pushes were overemphasis on things that are NAI. I find Falcon's usual pressure targets to be more palatable than here.
Noted
:omg:
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

SARdoghandler wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:49 pm Oh good beetlejeuse worked. Welcome back Santy

I just wanted to see you here because you not here was sus. Not like wolfy sus but just general sus if that makes sense?

Not feeling mighty, maybe dy but I almost never play with her anyway. Nate, genny, and mayo next but feeling ok with them for now, just not as good as I feel about Zenge/PSV/Miranda

Isn't this just a ranking of the baseline sus of the SDNers (except maybe the noob)?

Since when am I village read at baseline?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:34 pm
Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:31 pm
What makes Creatures look worse than marmots? Because neither of their posts look good to me
I have no good reason for feeling this way :shrug:
Laaame.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:35 pm Anyhow as it stands I am perfectly fine with Marmot, falcon, or Creature going over today. I think they're all good choices.
Pre-emptive to "if I was mafia with them I would have tried to save them".
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:46 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:35 pm @tutuu Did you read my entire ISO? Because all I saw was you snap scumreading me off of what I said about SAR and now I'm super duper death red.
Shes not even voting you and everyone else townreads you so why does her read on you matter?
Because
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:09 pm Santy's poking at the Zenge tunnel is the sort of thing I wasn't seeing from Dennis when I said he's not doing much with his townreads, FTR. If he believes that Zenge/falcon is T/T, then it should be A Bad Thing when Zenge starts the day by saying we should just chop falcon and kill Zenge if he was wrong.
False equivalence.
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 am

you know what? good enough

if falcon is mafia here he can officially join the syndicate club of "be more towny as mafia than you are as town". about 70% of us syndicators are in this club, hence why mafia have won like 15 out of the 17 games played this year. but if it happens it happens. i think if u just go by simple logic - u townread falcon here
These two posts contradict each other. If mafia usually wins on this site, why would this site townreading falcon outweigh the sdn reads? Village wins very frequently there.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Such good observations from you have a cookie!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:48 pm

if falcon is mafia here he can officially join the syndicate club of "be more towny as mafia than you are as town". about 70% of us syndicators are in this club, hence why mafia have won like 15 out of the 17 games played this year. but if it happens it happens. i think if u just go by simple logic - u townread falcon here
These two posts contradict each other. If mafia usually wins on this site, why would this site townreading falcon outweigh the sdn reads? Village wins very frequently there.
if falcon is mafia here he has put more effort into looking towny than his last 10 town games combined
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:50 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:45 pm Well I don't think Mayo and PSV are partnered, because now would be a weird time to call them out on it and put them under fire.
When deepwolves (especially lamist ones) get pressure they quite often start compulsively pushing weaker wolves to restore their credibility.
Are you calling me a deepwolf?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:49 pm if falcon is mafia here he has put more effort into looking towny than his last 10 town games combined
which is something that just happens as we have a lot of players who seem to put more effort as wolf than as town (even though they hate wolfing?)

but what can u do lol

u guys should seriously see town!falcon if this is scum!falcon lol
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:48 pm

What

Are you saying people without meta have more accurate reads than people with meta?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lawpy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:44 am
Neon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:34 am
Lawpy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:20 pm Hey everyone, I’m Lawpy and i’m currently in the midst of catching up

Also Neons did i play with you before elsewhere? I don’t know if you’re the same Neons i played with when i subbed into Fext’s game
Where was the game?
Over at zelda forums iirc
Yep that was me

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

also towny post by mayo, he's shooting up for me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:44 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:50 pm

Nahhhh. Zenge is lock town, or at least lock not AM's killer. He's never participating in that NK imo.
Why not
Because recently, NKing AM on SDN is... I don't want to phrase it poorly but it's being seen as something of a dick move. She gets killed early all the fucking time and she's expressed frustration with it.
Zenge wouldn't stand for being part of a team that kills her night one. No chance, no way. It's just not happening.

I see 3 people dead
I specifically stated Zenge is clear from being the faction that killed her, whoever that was.
IS that because you don't trust the logic that zenge would never accept an AM NK

or

The former.

Especially when killing AM might be optimal for the rest of your team.

If it advantages you why wouldn't you do it?

Imagine the entire wolf team wanted AM dead and Zenge is just there pouting like "nope not doing it I'm boss". Unlikely.

Moreover making reads predicated on "so and so would never" when the thing is canon literally gives that person 1 free win for doing that whenever they so please.

I don't think Zenge is mafia. I think it's a bogus reason to townread Zenge though.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:18 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:09 pm Okay, fine :(
[VOTE: creature ] aubergine
I'm beginning to confbias PSV as mafia.
I've noticed.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:51 pm
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Why not

I see 3 people dead

or

The former.

Especially when killing AM might be optimal for the rest of your team.

If it advantages you why wouldn't you do it?

Imagine the entire wolf team wanted AM dead and Zenge is just there pouting like "nope not doing it I'm boss". Unlikely.

Moreover making reads predicated on "so and so would never" when the thing is canon literally gives that person 1 free win for doing that whenever they so please.

I don't think Zenge is mafia. I think it's a bogus reason to townread Zenge though.
Again. Then don't use that as your reason. I already said his tunneling of falcon puts him way in his village meta, not his wolf meta. And the syndicats don't have background on this. But yes, it's considered rude. He wouldn't do it, and I'm very confident on that. So

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”