Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Se7en Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Roxy »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:48 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:25 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:44 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:34 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:37 pm Target in Epi, Falcon, Roxy, Rondo imo.
but not dubz, wigly or mata....yah ok....
What? I still townlean Dubz, Wilgy is outer PoE and not an ideal cop check imo, and Mata isn't an ideal cop check either and I don't find her that suspicious now.

Like Mac said, you spent so much time defending Mata so why include Mata here?
this is so pingalicious I do not even know where to begin.

This is slippery posting. When players slippery post it is very pingy to peeps like me who play on vibe and tone and yours is not good. Are you Mac's puppet today? You can't even speak for yourself in thsi small little question post that you say "well Mac is..." blah blah blah. Slippery.

Why do you town lean dubz?

Wigly tho in the post above does not say anything about outer or inner poe, what does that even mean? Slippery! Again!

Mata suddenly you do not find suspicious and not worth a cop check similar to wigly - Slippery! Again!
I thought Dubz' early d1 posting was good and more relaxed than her scum game and I think her falling off was purely irl. I don't have anything to hide. When I say they're not worth a cop check in this case I mean that I'd rather have spent it on someone who contributes more to the game than those two. I feel a bit hesitant to push Wilgy because Kate did and afaik she wasn't trying to townside, so I wonder if she did have a townread on Wilgy. Mata feels like a reserved player that sometimes pops out with insights. I think her actual content is decent.

It feels like you're treating me with suspicious colored glasses so everything I say is suspicious to you. I'm not Mac's puppet, he happens to have a similar PoE to me and be very likely town so yes I want to work with him.
no I do wear glasses but they are not rose colored nor are they suspicious colored. But this post makes me feel better.
Are you saying what I want to hear idk I hope not so yeah we are better than where we were but not quite ready to town you yet, ok?
;)
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I get the feeling based on the way Roxy's push on me is made that she believes it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 154

Post by falcon45ca »

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what the fuck is happening
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@MacDougall last question then I am driving home to my bong - do you really, really want me to out my ability? I feel like it is stupid to do so but it is what it is where you are concerned.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:55 pm I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what the fuck is happening
then step the F up I've been waiting for your glorious-ness that is town falcon.
;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 456

Post by MacDougall »

Let's talk about how we can actually win this game.

Whether it's recruit or roleswap, we obviously can't win this game as a town while John Doe is alive.

Whether it's my theory and John Doe rotates, or whether John Doe recruits, we have to kill John Doe.

So far we have seen town die in the night twice, and the day once. There is a lot of anti town KP here.

At the speed we are losing town, chopping sins is not going to win us this game. However, of course, the sins have negative PR and probably need to die because if they become mafia they count towards parity, so leaving them alive is also not optimal. But the trick to games like this is to think outside the box. Scotty has designed a mystery thriller. We have to solve the setup. That's what he wants us to do.

If we flip Dennis here, and he's just a sin and flips sin which seems likely, we are likely to then lose another town and be back where we are tomorrow with another town and maybe two town dead.

We need to try to kill John Doe because either that literally will end the game, or it stops the mafia from multiplying. We have to find John Doe, that means we have to figure out what the fuck John Doe is and for that we need townies to share information with each other.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:55 pm @MacDougall last question then I am driving home to my bong - do you really, really want me to out my ability? I feel like it is stupid to do so but it is what it is where you are concerned.
Only if

a) it can completely clear you or
b) it helps solve the setup AND
c) the mafia or John Doe wouldn't be super grateful for it
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:49 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:36 pm Roxy here's the 411.

I am going to literally, literally, just tank my entire solve and towncore right now and start again with you as my towncore buddy. Let's rebuild from the ground up.
what? not one of your little buddies? I am a low poster no one pays attention to my posts lol
My towncore before contained

Seanzie - dead person who was tunneling me

Rondo - i hate the way he's posted ever since

Jack - i hate the way he's posted ever since

Thunal - I still kind of want to treat her as towncore just because she's got wim, isn't being toxic and I feel like she is helping not hindering me, but you are sus of her

SVS - My tinfoil flipped to sussing her, but I still think she might just be town for derpclear reasons

Nanook - He doesn't feel like he has an agenda

You are here, actively solving and towny. Having a go. I actively had you POE and iso analysed everyone in the POE and you were the member of that POE who looked towniest so I want to work with you.
thank you? really tho thank you

now I am driving
;)
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:05 am I'lll target Mac tomorrow.
As far as the Seanzie clear, I don't think it was Mac because of this. I don't think Sean post-clear claim was acting like someone who targeted Mac. I still think Mac is town for a lot of other reasons.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy in the thread at least has done nothing towny. Has demonstrated no paranoia. No wim to solve the game with anyone. Has no real reads.

Day 1 he lazily threw his vote on town Tutuu.
Day 2 he just lazily sheeped consensus on Kate.
Day 3 he just lazily sheeped consensus on Dennis.

He is not trying to help the town at least visibly. If Wilgy isn't doing some hectic coordination of solving behind the scenes he is just a must resolve.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:58 pm Let's talk about how we can actually win this game.

Whether it's recruit or roleswap, we obviously can't win this game as a town while John Doe is alive.

Whether it's my theory and John Doe rotates, or whether John Doe recruits, we have to kill John Doe.

So far we have seen town die in the night twice, and the day once. There is a lot of anti town KP here.

At the speed we are losing town, chopping sins is not going to win us this game. However, of course, the sins have negative PR and probably need to die because if they become mafia they count towards parity, so leaving them alive is also not optimal. But the trick to games like this is to think outside the box. Scotty has designed a mystery thriller. We have to solve the setup. That's what he wants us to do.

If we flip Dennis here, and he's just a sin and flips sin which seems likely, we are likely to then lose another town and be back where we are tomorrow with another town and maybe two town dead.

We need to try to kill John Doe because either that literally will end the game, or it stops the mafia from multiplying. We have to find John Doe, that means we have to figure out what the fuck John Doe is and for that we need townies to share information with each other.
I still think we should chop Dennis today since he's outed evil who could use a power tonight, but we should focus on finding John Doe. Tbh a good place to start would be trying to find someone who knew pyxxy's alignment d2.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:00 pm
As far as the Seanzie clear, I don't think it was Mac because of this. I don't think Sean post-clear claim was acting like someone who targeted Mac. I still think Mac is town for a lot of other reasons.
Seanzie being a desperado seems unlikely to me given he said he had clears but didn't die in the gathering of them. He was the "DA" and it was day 3, so he might have had a n1 and n2 alignment check. But he also said that he is the one who targeted Kate to get the neighbour chat with her so... He said he had two clears and outed a mafia. He outed Kate via mech so basically his role was like a neighbouriser who was also alignment checking or something of that nature. The way he was communicating with Rondo and vice versa makes it likely his night 2 was Rondo who he got a townfirm on. They probably both amped up the tinfoil on me together in a discord chat which is probably why it overwhelmed me.

I don't know how he would have got the second "clear" unless he had a n0? Maybe he had the n0 on Kate and got town clears on n1 and n2?

This is the kind of mech that probably should be surfaced now that he's dead. If you got targeted by Seanzie and had night chat with him that clears you there is probably not much reason to withhold that information from the thread because JD and co. probably have figured it out. When I am mafia in role madness games figuring out the mech of what the town have done/are doing is incredibly easy usually and the main counter to it is the town actually talking about it in the thread usually.

So @RondoDimBuckle am I warm here?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Did ya’ll know Chris Jericho thinks he was abducted by aliens?

I don’t have the worst takes fwiw.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I am going to literally, literally, just tank my entire solve and towncore right now and start again with you as my towncore buddy. Let's rebuild from the ground up.
what? not one of your little buddies? I am a low poster no one pays attention to my posts lol

Thunal - I still kind of want to treat her as towncore just because she's got wim, isn't being toxic and I feel like she is helping not hindering me, but you are sus of her

SVS - My tinfoil flipped to sussing her, but I still think she might just be town for derpclear reasons

You are here, actively solving and towny. Having a go. I actively had you POE and iso analysed everyone in the POE and you were the member of that POE who looked towniest so I want to work with you.
Am I being unfair to Nanook? Is he just not doing much cause nonstandard game, not cause wolf?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:58 pm Let's talk about how we can actually win this game.

I still think we should chop Dennis today since he's outed evil who could use a power tonight, but we should focus on finding John Doe. Tbh a good place to start would be trying to find someone who knew pyxxy's alignment d2.
Is it confirmed Pyxxy and JD knew each other, they just didn’t have btsc yet?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So far none of the three confirmed sins played with much self preservation.

Kate tried to powerwolf but as soon as it fell apart she just went belly up and ate the chop.

Dennis went belly up and literally is not even posting so he's not worried about dying and seems to want to be today's chop.

Pyxxy gave a very meh level effort to appear town.

I am not of the view that the sins consider themselves necessary to achieve the mafia wincon.

Which makes it quite likely that the other players who are just making a very limp effort to play this game are >rand sin. Namely the likes of Wilgy, Epi, Falcon, Dubz, Matahari... frankly a LOT of slots. I want to exclude SVS and Nanook from this list but I can't really cuz they're both kinda phoning it in as well.

If there are town playing like that it is kind of unhelpful. We need townies to separate themselves more.

I guess this is a longwinded way of saying I think that the sins are just sort of along for the ride and if there is a wolf that's really going hard to be deep it's probably only John Doe?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Cause I tend to think “no btsc” = “doesn’t know his teammates” but I could be totally wrong
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:12 pm So far none of the three confirmed sins played with much self preservation.

Kate tried to powerwolf but as soon as it fell apart she just went belly up and ate the chop.

Dennis went belly up and literally is not even posting so he's not worried about dying and seems to want to be today's chop.

I am not of the view that the sins consider themselves necessary to achieve the mafia wincon.

Which makes it quite likely that the other players who are just making a very limp effort to play this game are >rand sin. Namely the likes of Wilgy, Epi, Falcon, Dubz, Matahari... frankly a LOT of slots. I want to exclude SVS and Nanook from this list but I can't really cuz they're both kinda phoning it in as well.

If there are town playing like that it is kind of unhelpful. We need townies to separate themselves more.

I guess this is a longwinded way of saying I think that the sins are just sort of along for the ride and if there is a wolf that's really going hard to be deep it's probably only John Doe?
Yeh
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:09 pm
Seanzie being a desperado seems unlikely to me given he said he had clears but didn't die in the gathering of them. He was the "DA" and it was day 3, so he might have had a n1 and n2 alignment check. But he also said that he is the one who targeted Kate to get the neighbour chat with her so... He said he had two clears and outed a mafia. He outed Kate via mech so basically his role was like a neighbouriser who was also alignment checking or something of that nature. The way he was communicating with Rondo and vice versa makes it likely his night 2 was Rondo who he got a townfirm on. They probably both amped up the tinfoil on me together in a discord chat which is probably why it overwhelmed me.

I don't know how he would have got the second "clear" unless he had a n0? Maybe he had the n0 on Kate and got town clears on n1 and n2?

This is the kind of mech that probably should be surfaced now that he's dead. If you got targeted by Seanzie and had night chat with him that clears you there is probably not much reason to withhold that information from the thread because JD and co. probably have figured it out. When I am mafia in role madness games figuring out the mech of what the town have done/are doing is incredibly easy usually and the main counter to it is the town actually talking about it in the thread usually.

No, I never had chat with him. Desperado was my initial thought after he claimed a day action and died but then why didn't he shoot d2? After Kate and Dennis got outed it would be optimal for him to shoot. He could have had a day cop and then got shot by a baddie, or maybe the whole cop check was a gambit and he didn't have a clear. At the same time I can't shake the feeling that he expected to die today.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:10 am Im on a rampage; I already cleared one person and outd two others!
He said he cleared one person and outed two (Kate and Dennis). Did he ever claim to have a second clear elsewhere?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:13 pm Cause I tend to think “no btsc” = “doesn’t know his teammates” but I could be totally wrong
Is that how it usually is here?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:11 pm

Am I being unfair to Nanook? Is he just not doing much cause nonstandard game, not cause wolf?
Nanook doesn't do much in most games at least early in them. He just sorta coasts until the mid game and then tries harder as town if he's still alive or rides to an easy win. Like, if Nanook is mafia chopping him in this game is sort of a coin flip chop. But my instincts tell me I am looking at town Nanook just based on a couple of things like his choice to townread me and Thunal, say he's gonna sheep me then sheep Thunal instead, ping me out to give me his thoughts on my setup solve.

If you are sus, push him, do something about it. I'm not going to stop you. We need townies to be town here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:14 pm

No, I never had chat with him. Desperado was my initial thought after he claimed a day action and died but then why didn't he shoot d2? After Kate and Dennis got outed it would be optimal for him to shoot. He could have had a day cop and then got shot by a baddie, or maybe the whole cop check was a gambit and he didn't have a clear. At the same time I can't shake the feeling that he expected to die today.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:10 am Im on a rampage; I already cleared one person and outd two others!
He said he cleared one person and outed two (Kate and Dennis). Did he ever claim to have a second clear elsewhere?
Nope I misread that exact post as outed one person and cleared two others.

So basically he targeted Kate n1 and outed her and Dennis and then targeted someone n2 and cleared them. But its not desperado he just had a clear from his night 2 imo. I think his role basically was "if they're a bad guy you get a neighbourhood with them and if they aren't you don't".

Obviously it wasn't me, Thunal or Nanook. It might have been you. It'd be someone that he sussed day 2 that he townread or dropped sus of day 3.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:13 pm Cause I tend to think “no btsc” = “doesn’t know his teammates” but I could be totally wrong
Is that how it usually is here?
Idk I only rand town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:12 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:04 pm

Is it confirmed Pyxxy and JD knew each other, they just didn’t have btsc yet?
Not confirmed.

We know from Kate's role that KATE could become mafia via two people accepting her gift. That's why Kate didn't become mafia.

We don't know how Pyxxy became mafia, but we do know that Pyxxy's virtue counterpart died so Pyxxy might have become mafia due to that, which is what I think Rondo's theory is.

We know from the OP that John Doe can use the Sins powers each night in addition to killing and that when he does he can choose to do something hidden.

There is no reason to assume there aren't different ways for Sins to become mafia. There is probably a way John Doe can do it, and a way they themselves can do it.

My setup theory mostly revolves around the fact that Pyxxy made a post where they said this.
pyxxy wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:47 am alright now you're making me worry

specifically about the role swap
I don't know where the thought about role swapping came from because I said nothing of the sort nor is there an allusion to it in the OP. Which is why I theorise that the hidden part of the John Doe role is that when you use the power you can choose to swap with the sin and they become John Doe and you become them. I think it's possible Pyxxy did just that and infoslipped.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:12 pm So far none of the three confirmed sins played with much self preservation.

I'm honestly still not sure why Kate and especially Dennis gave up so easily. Afaik Kate wasn't mafia aligned since it didn't say so in her flip so she would have just 100% lost the game by being outed. Why take that risk giving info to Sean then? And Dennis wasn't even completely outed until he outed himself. I wonder if he's trying to shield John Doe and if so, who would it make sense for him to shield?

I do think John Doe is probably the most important wolf and he'd have more reason to try than a sin. It's plausible that the sin roles feel they have less to play for especially since they start without a team.

I somewhat trust Kate's SVS clear in her Sean BTSC and her posting is still quite different from when I saw her as a wolf in GoC. There she felt classically wolfy while here she's giving the tone of a reserved town who comes in with insights.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:33 pm [VOTE: s~v~s] aubergine

360 no scoping John Doe
What does this even mean? 360 no scoping? My tinfoil is that Dennis is Doe, if this means I'm not Doe hunting; I think Kate put on that show to distract us from him so he could get one more day of gathering baddies. Having had a similar role in BSG, I think it's possible that Doe's death means no more conversions. I also think no matter how much she trusted Sean, she wouldn't have told him if her son was the big bad.

OK, You asked up there about Roxy and Mata.

Every post I've made that I have mentioned Roxy, I have said I think she's town. She's straightforward, and doesn't seem to be tiptoeing around anyone. I would argue against yeeting Roxy.

Mata I am not as sure about. AI tend to think of tinfoil Mata as town, but I am sure she can tinfoil when she's bad too. I had hoped to read her today at work but it was busier than i expected (I got a raise! I also got a bonus! Both unexpected! I had to sit in a room with bosses and then eat lunch with them for a few hours :( ) so I'm doing that tonight.

So I need to read Mata, and also Epi. He confused me yesterday, with what he said vs how he voted. I should be around tonight reading back.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:47 pm
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:46 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:00 am Slay the outed one!

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine
do you have any reads to share with the class?
Nope. I'm just sheeping people that sound correct to sheep.
Wouldn't that by definition mean you're reading the people you're sheeping :ponder:
I suppose so, but I wouldn't be able to tell you why.

I'm sad Seanzie is gone, as they were who I sheeped last cycle and today.
Sean voted for Macdougall today, not Dennis. I am okey dokey with a Dennis vote, but think it's weird that you are saying you sheeped Sean when you did not. You're so sad that he's dead that you didn't even check his vote before sheeping him?
Yar, he said Dennis was outed.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 308
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm Catching up -

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:14 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:11 pm So we only need to watch out for the opposite of Diligence and Kindness at the moment. so its technically 3vX+Y
What do you mean? Does it spell that out somewhere and I missed it?
no my own personal theory that I had yesterday born out by the fact that pyxxy was mafia and not 3p

I would like to hear more about this theory and any other please.
Whats there to say?

Host cant just make it 8v13 we lose instantly, so its gotta be 1+7? and 13 town.

if the host then wants to make the 3p able to join the mafia faction because lets be honest 1v20 is a bit difficult for a wolf he cant just let them switch when they want

So you have to gate it behind an achievement or some such(game theory!) in this situation I believed that Scotty had gated it behind the opposing virtue.

When pyxxy flipped as mafia his virtue was already dead. Kates was not.

So if you follow my logic kate is 3p because Chastity wasnt dead but I forget what pyxxy was but his opposite was dead for a phase and he had joined the mafia faction (Note: this was an optional choice that pyxxy made because as host would you really want to force someone to become a mafia in the event the mafia faction is doomed or got hit day 1?)

If you want to know more ask questions? But I feel like ive explained this three times already
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:15 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:55 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:45 am Mother fuckers I knew that something was off. I check thread and one of you asses have killed Seanzie. If it was a hero shot you had better claim soon or I'm just going to murder you regardless of when you claim for such a bad shot. Otherwise if you're a sin you done fucked up
there's no way is a hero shot
I am very queefed by Rondo.
Mac I found your ATE fairly performative but that doesnt mean you're not town. I am currently toying with an "I know you know I know you know I know" situation with you shooting scotty but I am pretty sure I am just going to land on the "Mac was framed" square and just move on. seanzie could have been shot for all manner of reasons and his push on you was nowhere near real imho (from a seanzie tunnel pov)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Porscha - Eliminated Day 1- Det. Lt. William Somerset (Town) - posts
DaughterOfOmega - Killed Night 1 - Diligence (Town) - posts
Kate - Eliminated Day 2 - Lust (Deadly Sin) - posts
tutuu - Died Night 2 - Humility (Town) - posts
Zenon - Died Night 2 - Kindness (Town) - posts
pyxxy - Died Night 2 - Pride (Deadly Sin - Mafia-aligned) - posts
Seanzie - Shot Day 3 - Martin Talbot, DA (Town) - posts

If Rondo's theory is right, kindness has become mafia because of Zenon's death. Sloth has become mafia due to Doom's death. Pyxxy became mafia because of Tutuu's death. Presumably Kate dying has made "Chastity" more powerful somehow? There would be likely at least some boon both ways if the counterpart dies you would think?

All we know for sure though is that Kate could become mafia after 2 people opened her gift and then only gained BTSC the next night.

If that's how all the sins can become mafia then none of the sins could have BTSC with John Doe yet.

But Pyxxy was mafia already, so it's clear that's not the only way to become mafia.

Pyxxy's role information didn't flip, Kate's did. Is it because Pyxxy died in the night and was janitored while Kate was limmed, or was it because Kate was still an LMS and Pyxxy was mafia? Don't know yet. We need to figure this out though and Dennis's chop may get us a little closer.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:28 pm

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:11 pm So we only need to watch out for the opposite of Diligence and Kindness at the moment. so its technically 3vX+Y
no my own personal theory that I had yesterday born out by the fact that pyxxy was mafia and not 3p

Whats there to say?

Host cant just make it 8v13 we lose instantly, so its gotta be 1+7? and 13 town.

if the host then wants to make the 3p able to join the mafia faction because lets be honest 1v20 is a bit difficult for a wolf he cant just let them switch when they want

So you have to gate it behind an achievement or some such(game theory!) in this situation I believed that Scotty had gated it behind the opposing virtue.

So if you follow my logic kate is 3p because Chastity wasnt dead but I forget what pyxxy was but his opposite was dead for a phase and he had joined the mafia faction (Note: this was an optional choice that pyxxy made because as host would you really want to force someone to become a mafia in the event the mafia faction is doomed or got hit day 1?)

If you want to know more ask questions? But I feel like ive explained this three times already
Kate already had the condition that she converts to mafia if 2 people who open her gifts die, and that didn't seem connected to the virtue.
ImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:21 pm
After he claimed to have the clear, so I don't think he targeted Mac.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:09 am
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:04 am Is there a sort of...thread consensus POE so I can prioritize ISOs? I've only really looked at flips and where I was mentioned (will get to that shortly), and I skimmed end of D2 last night.
Dennis is outed. We are looking for more baddies. My eyes are on Nook. I am wary of Falcon and Roxy. People like Jack and Epi deserve more scrutiny IMO, but idk if this is consensus, but I am town KING, so what I say, goes.
I looked for the possible clear targets and I think Sean targeted me. He doesn't have me in his PoE when he did before and the only thing he said relating to me after he claimed the clear was asking Mac about me which I thought was a little odd since Mac said so many words on me at SoD.

I feel like he knew he was going to die, but didn't know exactly when. His whole "I'm on a rampage" makes sense if it's tongue in cheek and he knows he's going to die from the check/desperado.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:35 pm Also I think Rondo's recent posts are a decent look. Him going after Mac now by sheeping Seanzie would just be a bad play if he were. Same with tinfoiling Seanzie being a hero shot, if he's bad why attract that much attention on a far fetched theory that will not be received well?

Rn Nanook, Epi, Roxy, and Falcon are my immediate PoE other than Dennis.
I think these posts come from town Thunal and I agree Rondo looks like his townie self.
[VOTE: Jack ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:15 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:55 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:45 am Mother fuckers I knew that something was off. I check thread and one of you asses have killed Seanzie. If it was a hero shot you had better claim soon or I'm just going to murder you regardless of when you claim for such a bad shot. Otherwise if you're a sin you done fucked up
there's no way is a hero shot
I am very queefed by Rondo.
Mac I found your ATE fairly performative but that doesnt mean you're not town. I am currently toying with an "I know you know I know you know I know" situation with you shooting scotty but I am pretty sure I am just going to land on the "Mac was framed" square and just move on. seanzie could have been shot for all manner of reasons and his push on you was nowhere near real imho (from a seanzie tunnel pov)
Alright let me just make clear that I am a tracker. I tracked Kate to Dennis. I outed the information on day 2 before Seanzie outed his information. Seanzie essentailly corroborated my claim as accurate.

So by all means tinfoil around that fact, but ensure that you anchor all your analysis through the lens that I am verifiably a tracker who targeted Kate on night 1. The only world in which I faked this either that I straight up guessed Kate targeted Dennis, or I somehow knew Kate targeted Dennis via having BTSC with one of them and am advantageously fake claiming. Well I am going to fire again tonight so let's see how long I can carry a fake claim. Short answer is, I'd get outed mighty fast.

It's fairly obvious that I am a real tracker. So to further tinfoil me, you need to ask "is an odd-night tracker likely to be a power John Doe or a sin possess in this game". When you look at the flips so far, the types of PR the town have possessed and the types of PR Kate had... it is fairly evident which faction an odd night tracker belongs to thematically.

On a different subject, I got a gift at EOD yesterday. It's plausible that the gun that killed Seanzie was acquired via a gift. So if there's a town out there that gives vigi shots as gifts, consider that you might have given a sin or John Doe the gift.

Obviously we can only verify gift giving thus far as a sin power, but I am sure that there are town gifts and mafia gifts cuz otherwise there'd be nil incentive to open gifts if it became immediately obvious that all the gifts were traps.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Whats there to say?

Kate already had the condition that she converts to mafia if 2 people who open her gifts die, and that didn't seem connected to the virtue.
There is nothing to imply it's the only way Kate could have become mafia though.

But it is interesting that the track I saw was her "gifting" Dennis. So Dennis opened the gift and received a BTSC as the reward I guess. That's kind of messed up if you think about the roles.

Lust sends Dennis a gift, he's like sure, "Hi son, unwrap me I'm your present".

"Mother noooooo!"

No wonder Dennis has stopped posting. Poor kid probably has unreconcilable trauma.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

ever since?

Also nook?

SVS, Mac, Roxy, I guess I can accept Jack, Thunal is tough because they have been pushing me constantly but they can just be wrong town who dont know me :|

Who's left?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:52 pm

ever since?

Also nook?

SVS, Mac, Roxy, I guess I can accept Jack, Thunal is tough because they have been pushing me constantly but they can just be wrong town who dont know me :|

Who's left?
Ever since I towncored you.

What about Nook?

I am literally telling Roxy that I am dumping my towncore and starting again. I am not asking anyone to townread this list. I am responding to Roxy asking me why I don't just go back to "one of my little friends".
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

As much as I would like to take the free clear unfortunately I have to decline this theory. I was just backing Seanzie in what ever he did because I knew he was good for his actions. I have said as much yesterday and this morning. Kate is dead and that makes me happy. I was and am going to follow Seanzie and probably you to the grave. I have decided if you are a sin I lose to you. So Its ok you're just IC at this point for me. Seanzie wanted to rattle you and I wanted to help Seanzie. I didnt want you to wig out and implode tho. I dont know who Seanzies clears are but hey if I am one of them yay. But likely they know each other because of the background chat and they are just basically masons waiting to reveal. which is good for town
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

If you are right with your theory, killing Sins gives John doe less hops because if the sins die after he hops away, getting a sin before it gets to him traps him down to one last body and then it will be easier to locate him so killing off sins as 3p is just as good as getting a future mafia?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dubz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers

Post by Dubz »

Roxy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:42 pm
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:04 am Is there a sort of...thread consensus POE so I can prioritize ISOs? I've only really looked at flips and where I was mentioned (will get to that shortly), and I skimmed end of D2 last night.
ok sheep if ya like but maybe it might be better to come up with your *own* poe. Bc you are in mine so prioritize yourself please.
I'm not just sheeping, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering with the ISOs. It's going to be impossible for me to read everyone right now so I was asking for help prioritizing and I will make my own decisions on the people I have time to look at.

So thank you for the unhelpful post lol
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:32 pm Porscha - Eliminated Day 1- Det. Lt. William Somerset (Town) - posts
DaughterOfOmega - Killed Night 1 - Diligence (Town) - posts
Kate - Eliminated Day 2 - Lust (Deadly Sin) - posts
tutuu - Died Night 2 - Humility (Town) - posts
Zenon - Died Night 2 - Kindness (Town) - posts
pyxxy - Died Night 2 - Pride (Deadly Sin - Mafia-aligned) - posts
Seanzie - Shot Day 3 - Martin Talbot, DA (Town) - posts

If Rondo's theory is right, kindness has become mafia because of Zenon's death. Sloth has become mafia due to Doom's death. Pyxxy became mafia because of Tutuu's death. Presumably Kate dying has made "Chastity" more powerful somehow? There would be likely at least some boon both ways if the counterpart dies you would think?

All we know for sure though is that Kate could become mafia after 2 people opened her gift and then only gained BTSC the next night.

If that's how all the sins can become mafia then none of the sins could have BTSC with John Doe yet.

But Pyxxy was mafia already, so it's clear that's not the only way to become mafia.

Pyxxy's role information didn't flip, Kate's did. Is it because Pyxxy died in the night and was janitored while Kate was limmed, or was it because Kate was still an LMS and Pyxxy was mafia? Don't know yet. We need to figure this out though and Dennis's chop may get us a little closer.
You kow what. This has made me decide I am wrong and Mac is right.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Whats there to say?

Yeah I am wrong
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:58 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:52 pm

ever since?

Also nook?

Who's left?
Ever since I towncored you.

What about Nook?

I am literally telling Roxy that I am dumping my towncore and starting again. I am not asking anyone to townread this list. I am responding to Roxy asking me why I don't just go back to "one of my little friends".
Ah, I thought you were saying "this is the new list"
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Also kate knew dennis was sin (or at least highly bet on it) she definitely gave him one of her gifts and he used that gift to kills seanzie.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Epignosis »

I've tried to keep up here and there, but despite my efforts, I am four pages behind again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

This isnt me knowing it as a fact but its me catching up remembering kate's stuff and how dennis isnt posting and putting to gether a likely series of events that explain why seanzie is dead
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

S~V~S - Town
Macdougall - Town
DrWilgy -
falcon45ca -
Dennis - Sin
Epignosis -
RondoDimBuckle - Town
jackofhearts2005 -
Michelle -
Roxy - Town
Dubz -
Thunal33 - Town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME -
Matahari -

So 3 anti town are dead, 5 to go.

I neeed to sort this list to have 5 baddies so here is my anti trust fall

S~V~S - Town
Macdougall - Town
RondoDimBuckle - Town
Roxy - Town
Thunal33 - Town
---------------

Epignosis - Town
jackofhearts2005 - Town
Matahari - Town
Dubz - Town

Michelle - Sin
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Sin
DrWilgy - Sin
falcon45ca - Sin
--------------------
Dennis - Sin

=====
@MacDougall
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dubz
The Mark

Post by Dubz »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:22 pm who was towny on day 1

that was then suddenly not towny on day 2

who is now suddenly towny on day 3?

Dubz?

Pyxxy swapped with Dubz and then Dubz was like hell naw.

@Dubz who'd you swap with scoundrel?
Wat
Dubz
The Mark

Post by Dubz »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:19 pm
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:34 am Smh Roxy has posted even less than I have. At least it'll be a quick ISO.
uh that's weird shade lol...

there are others who've posted less than roxy?
Wasn't really shade, just a tongue in cheek observation because I was looking at her ISO

I think you and Roxy both read it with more meaning than was intended. I don't know how much the whole roster has posted.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I like your list let's combine tomorrow if these people will help and step it up in the hunt for jd then we are good. Especially if we combine lists. Force everyone to get a list going for jd and work it. See where it leads. I do not like the thought of just rolling over Dennis with nothing else being done. The JD role is bad from whichever theory you subscribe to it needs to be solved foremost in my mind.
;)
Dubz
The Mark

Post by Dubz »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 pm S~V~S - Town
Macdougall - Town
DrWilgy -
falcon45ca -
Dennis - Sin