Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 2]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:14 am
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:08 pm Alright so here's how we do this.

Town:
Tutuu
Jayjayy
WhopWhoop (Porscha)
Sean...Seanzie
Ze...non
Die_diee
Martin

Part of me wants to try to culminate and try to sponge townreads from part of my towncore, so hopefully I can get those from certain people?
This but added Martin to it just now.
I am gonna post reaper every single time I see die die lol

Here's a reaper

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:09 am Like this is just the emotionally correct way to respond to someone being upset *shrugs*

Ownership of how your actions make other people feel is important.
you should have some kind of judgement about what crosses the line and what doesnt. some kind of boundary line. if you just base your view of what is disrespectful based off only of how upset the person looks - that doesnt sound like a smart idea to me. ur just hurting urself. because ud also apply it to urself. "if im upset, im upset for a reason. this sucks. this is horrible. i hate <insert X>". ud probably get upset every day. sounds much more pragmatic to challenge yourself and halt yourself from being upset in the first place. if i didnt challenge myself id have been cussing you out on day 1. would that have been better for me? or was it better that i challenged myself?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:16 am Oh you have Belzy as your top town.

I'll leave them alone as well then.
Yeah basically Belzy is my only lock town never rescind right now

For me that effectively means I will never reeval until FX

I'm trying to be more picky on placing people in that tier and it's been effective lately in that I've got an 80% read accuracy with that tier and have never gotten more than 1 wrong in any game for the last like month or so

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Throws hands up.

JJJ had him as a suspect.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm going to bed then I'll talk to y'all tomorrow
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:17 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:05 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:56 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:38 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:35 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:33 am i'm sorry? what makes you think there is a post restriction ability?
all of rico's posts
I guess it's possible. but the confidence of which it was said threw me, cuz I was just reading rico as joking around

it didn't occur to me that he *couldnt* post normally
I mean why would someone make the cocos decision to continue to post in that manner while being PoE.

I feel like Rico cares more than to get themself killed for a meme.
I also don't think anyone in their right mind is going to wolf read him because of it, just like you aren't. so he clearly isn't in danger from it
Sure but my point is that in most cases a post restriction is wolf sided so thusly Rico having it is >rand townie

Therefore Rico being a lead wagon is not beneficial and in fact actively a problem.
okay then push someone else?

sidenote, you literally played a game with post restrictions that wolves applied to themselves too...
You should be acutely aware that I'm not a fan of pushing players and that my general play style is too attempt to get others to see what I'm seeing.

And yes I openly acknowledged this it's in the post where I asserted this feeling

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:18 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:09 am Like this is just the emotionally correct way to respond to someone being upset *shrugs*

Ownership of how your actions make other people feel is important.
you should have some kind of judgement about what crosses the line and what doesnt. some kind of boundary line. if you just base your view of what is disrespectful based off only of how upset the person looks - that doesnt sound like a smart idea to me. ur just hurting urself. because ud also apply it to urself. "if im upset, im upset for a reason. this sucks. this is horrible. i hate <insert X>". ud probably get upset every day. sounds much more pragmatic to challenge yourself and halt yourself from being upset in the first place. if i didnt challenge myself id have been cussing you out on day 1. would that have been better for me? or was it better that i challenged myself?
Well no. If im upset I am quite literally upset for a reason. Feelings are valid and intent matters in effect but it's still important and necessary to understand and approach the person with said feelings in a way to understand acknowledge and validate their feelings.

I get upset a lot yes but I

Do not get upset every day

I get upset a lot but I

Do not hate anyone who's upset me.

It is unfair to expect me to simply stop being upset. It is unfair to say that effectively my emotions are my fault and I need to challenge myself to stop having feelings

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:20 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Throws hands up.

JJJ had him as a suspect.
Vote Wilgz

Why not

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:20 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:35 am all of rico's posts
I guess it's possible. but the confidence of which it was said threw me, cuz I was just reading rico as joking around

I mean why would someone make the cocos decision to continue to post in that manner while being PoE.

I also don't think anyone in their right mind is going to wolf read him because of it, just like you aren't. so he clearly isn't in danger from it
Sure but my point is that in most cases a post restriction is wolf sided so thusly Rico having it is >rand townie

Therefore Rico being a lead wagon is not beneficial and in fact actively a problem.

sidenote, you literally played a game with post restrictions that wolves applied to themselves too...
You should be acutely aware that I'm not a fan of pushing players and that my general play style is too attempt to get others to see what I'm seeing.

And yes I openly acknowledged this it's in the post where I asserted this feeling
Defend rico all you want, but everyone including you will be aimlessly ditzing around if we don't find some scumreads to push and wagons to consolidate on. like that's the perfect gamestate for wolves. all talk no pressure
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

You didn't vote in the poll bread

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

sometimes feelings are wrong, stupid, pointless, harmful to ourselves, etc. if you don't have a boundary to determine what was actually hurtful instead of it just happening to hurt your feelings then everybody is responsible for someone else's emotions and that's frequently untrue. can we move on and talk about the game
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am It is unfair to expect me to simply stop being upset. It is unfair to say that effectively my emotions are my fault and I need to challenge myself to stop having feelings
it sounds unfair but its good for u. i went through that too, it was really helpful to me. i will send you the book later. if you want you can check it out. if you have another strategy of improving, that is fine too. all is calm
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am You didn't vote in the poll bread

☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am

Defend rico all you want, but everyone including you will be aimlessly ditzing around if we don't find some scumreads to push and wagons to consolidate on. like that's the perfect gamestate for wolves. all talk no pressure
In effect isn't finding town going to place pressure somewhere anyways?

Like yes I think players who have a play style around pushing and applying pressure should do such but I do not think that negates how I play the game and I think the system works most effectively when players who apply pressure apply said pressure while listening to players like me who's style is too find and defend town reads.

It's effectively a checks and balances system in effect

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I need to actually go do my work before I get fired I haven't slacked off on my job this much since me and my waifu first started talking and I wanted to spend all day with her...I miss that

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:30 am

Like yes I think players who have a play style around pushing and applying pressure should do such but I do not think that negates how I play the game and I think the system works most effectively when players who apply pressure apply said pressure while listening to players like me who's style is too find and defend town reads.

okay well you're the one complaining about gamestate so idk why you're defending yourself to me when I make a suggestion to do something different
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

like fuck me I guess. whatever
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:26 am sometimes feelings are wrong, stupid, pointless, harmful to ourselves, etc. if you don't have a boundary to determine what was actually hurtful instead of it just happening to hurt your feelings then everybody is responsible for someone else's emotions and that's frequently untrue. can we move on and talk about the game
I disagree with the insinuation that feelings are at any point stupid.

Yes I'm aware I'm overly emotional. No I do not think that invalidates my feelings or makes them stupid and yes I do think that means that people should try to understand where and why I feel hurt by certain actions. I am not hurt by every action in hurt by more than most people sure but not everything makes me cry.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:28 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am It is unfair to expect me to simply stop being upset. It is unfair to say that effectively my emotions are my fault and I need to challenge myself to stop having feelings
it sounds unfair but its good for u. i went through that too, it was really helpful to me. i will send you the book later. if you want you can check it out. if you have another strategy of improving, that is fine too. all is calm
I don't think what you are in effect taking me to do is beneficial to me in any way. I in effect spent the first half of my life acting the way you think I should act now. It was supremely harmful to me in numerous ways.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:28 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am You didn't vote in the poll bread

I like bread way less than donuts

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I donut know why I said effectively in effect but I hate myself for it

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 am I need to actually go do my work before I get fired I haven't slacked off on my job this much since me and my waifu first started talking and I wanted to spend all day with her...I miss that
I am not doing this and it's bad

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Hooray I found my WiM

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:40 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:26 am sometimes feelings are wrong, stupid, pointless, harmful to ourselves, etc. if you don't have a boundary to determine what was actually hurtful instead of it just happening to hurt your feelings then everybody is responsible for someone else's emotions and that's frequently untrue. can we move on and talk about the game

Yes I'm aware I'm overly emotional. No I do not think that invalidates my feelings or makes them stupid and yes I do think that means that people should try to understand where and why I feel hurt by certain actions. I am not hurt by every action in hurt by more than most people sure but not everything makes me cry.
so is that a no
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 am

okay well you're the one complaining about gamestate so idk why you're defending yourself to me when I make a suggestion to do something different
I'm sorry I'm upsetting you my point mainly is that the game state has stagnated I am attempting to show the thread that by explaining my concerns and my reads on the players currently being pushed I am trying to pull pressure away from players.

I'm not trying to upset you but I think that you want me to play in a way I'm uncomfortable playing and I do not think that my approach is any less effective than if I were pushing someone and making cases.

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ok i want to respect porscha's wishes to get back into the game

so, lets get back to being serious, guys

question for you two:

has JJJ done isos as town before?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:45 am

so is that a no
I mean it's not a no but it's not a yes either.

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:49 am ok i want to respect porscha's wishes to get back into the game

question for you two:

lmaoooooo
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:49 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:45 am

so is that a no
I mean it's not a no but it's not a yes either.
do what you want I'm moving on though
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:49 am ok i want to respect porscha's wishes to get back into the game

question for you two:

I don't think talking about this is non game related because in mafia emotions often run high and are readable and AI so talking about emotions and the validity of them is useful.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:50 am

question for you two:

lmaoooooo
*sigh*

... just actually wow

ImageImage

MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:41 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:28 am
I don't think what you are in effect taking me to do is beneficial to me in any way. I in effect spent the first half of my life acting the way you think I should act now. It was supremely harmful to me in numerous ways.
Truth be told, I think this conversation should end because I think Tutuu's argument is perhaps more developed in the book and so trying to talk about it more here just won't generate any new stuff to it. The book may offer better insights, I don't know, but I would be interested in hearing about it so if you tell me the name of it @tutuu that would be appreciated. This has gone on for awhile, and while I've not thoroughly read everything it seems for the past 50 posts or so things have been largely repeated.

For the sake of Porscha I'm going to spoiler this last bit down below.
spoiler spacer
I do have this small tibdit to add though: If I understand correctly one of the ideas discussed in this conversation is the ability to numb one's feelings and attempt to limit or ignore them or other people. In my life experiences, especially during middle school, numbing my feelings and reactions never seem to really work and all it did was hide or distract from the harm I was feeling. In fact, it contributed to an early-life crisis where I ended up harming others for a time simply because I was socially underdeveloped from all the harm I had suffered. In addition to that, my (limited) studies into psychology while in college have told me that we can't really selectively numb stuff. If we do manage to numb things, it tends to become a cognitive habit that ends up numbing a lot more than our emotions and in areas of our lives where we didn't want to numb our emotions. Which frankly does not work well for humans, since human beings are fundamentally social creatures.

I should really emphasize though that I have only an associate's in psychology, and I no longer study it in my Major, so my information may be partially wrong or outdated. I'm not an expert in the field. But to the best of my ability/memory it is true.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

look belzy is a grown woman and she's allowed to tell us to fuck off for joking with her if she wants, you dont need to white knight her to pocket her
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Porscha why don't you engage with me about anything

you wanted to get the game back on track or something right?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Not like I've sought to engage with you, but I'm letting you know I'm here. I'm currently working on something, but if you're looking to kick things into high gear you could literally just ask me anything. I'm not a stone statue forever doing one thing and eternally inflexible.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@MartinGG99 Your Erroneous Zones by Wayne Dyer
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:02 am @MartinGG99 Your Erroneous Zones by Wayne Dyer
thanks

I'm disappointed to admit I laughed at the title a tad bit.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 47

Post by falcon45ca »

Porscha did not insinuate that sometimes feelings are stupid, she flat out said it directly.

And she's right. Sometimes feelings are stupid, wrong, incorrect, harmful, etc.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

nobody said to numb your feelings, I am saying you don't need to tell someone what to do just because you had an emotion about it because that can be just as emotionally shitty and abusive to someone else. if what they said isn't offensive but you were offended then it isn't on the person who said it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:02 am @MartinGG99 Your Erroneous Zones by Wayne Dyer
thanks

I'm disappointed to admit I laughed at the title a tad bit.
OH WAIT WRONG BOOK-
☆Princess Abigail☆

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:54 am

question for you two:

I don't think talking about this is non game related because in mafia emotions often run high and are readable and AI so talking about emotions and the validity of them is useful.
Even though I think this I also acknowledge I should respect your wishes and stop talking about it but I have nothing else to say about the game other than what I said in my big post with my summed up thoughts so

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

and unless someone has a specific relationship with you that begets them having more responsibility for your emotions than the average person (a parent, lover, child, etc) then nobody is really obligated to walk on egg shells just because you blame your emotions on other people even when it isn't necessary
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

question for you two:

Perhaps...I can't recall tbh.

I'll say this tho...there are some players who, if they've not been NKd or elimmed some other way, and are still alive & kicking after D2,3, etc?

They be Maf
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:59 am look belzy is a grown woman and she's allowed to tell us to fuck off for joking with her if she wants, you dont need to white knight her to pocket her
This is about how I feel. I mean it started as a read about how I think Belzys emotion was AI but long ago I stated that I could not speak for Belzy past that and I do not wish to put words in her mouth

But this is also just a disingenuous and kinda demeaning take on what I'm trying to do.

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

like feel free to feel whatever you feel. dont numb yourself.

but don't tell me what to do or say because it caused an emotion when you yourself lack the boundary to determine what is actually hurtful and what just so happened to hurt you. ultimately i'm just a person on the internet who plays games with you guys. i'm not your significant other and i'm just going to do what i'm going to do like you say we should all do
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:07 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:59 am look belzy is a grown woman and she's allowed to tell us to fuck off for joking with her if she wants, you dont need to white knight her to pocket her
This is about how I feel. I mean it started as a read about how I think Belzys emotion was AI but long ago I stated that I could not speak for Belzy past that and I do not wish to put words in her mouth

But this is also just a disingenuous and kinda demeaning take on what I'm trying to do.
it's what I believe and since i'm playing your emotional game now, it hurts me that you would call me disingenuous when i'm just making a read in a game where reads are to be made
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:06 am Perhaps...I can't recall tbh.

I'll say this tho...there are some players who, if they've not been NKd or elimmed some other way, and are still alive & kicking after D2,3, etc?

They be Maf
hahahh ur so wholesome falcy

dw. we just do a lil trolling

but yeah ur right ofc. jay was protected n1. we see how he holds up
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:54 am

question for you two:

You're addressing part of what tutuu said, but not (imo) the meat of the meal so to speak.

How do you feel about JJJ and his ISO dive?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:08 am

They be Maf

is that part of why you picked him for the ability
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:08 am

They be Maf

Wholesome?

Huh. I've been called many things in my life, but that's a first. I'm not sure if I like, love or loathe it...

How do you feel J holds up this RD?

Return to “Previous Jobs”