Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 2]

Post by tutuu »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:11 am is that part of why you picked him for the ability
i just picked him coz he's jay yk. if there's anyone worth protecting n1 in this list its jay. i aint care if any yall die :joy:
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 47

Post by falcon45ca »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:11 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:08 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:06 am Perhaps...I can't recall tbh.

I'll say this tho...there are some players who, if they've not been NKd or elimmed some other way, and are still alive & kicking after D2,3, etc?

They be Maf
hahahh ur so wholesome falcy

dw. we just do a lil trolling

but yeah ur right ofc. jay was protected n1. we see how he holds up
is that part of why you picked him for the ability
I was picked for an ability?

News to me
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 47

Post by falcon45ca »

Oh, nvm, it was J.

JJJ is redundant. I shall refer to him as J, for brevity sake, for the rest of my life
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:10 am You're addressing part of what tutuu said, but not (imo) the meat of the meal so to speak.

How do you feel about JJJ and his ISO dive?
LOOOOOOOOOL

aah im sorry

FUCK HAHAHHAHA

so sorry falcon. this whole thing is like ... a joke. like ... too awkward to explain probably. but yeah this is so funny lmaooo. i love u
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:12 am How do you feel J holds up this RD?
not sure what RD means

i think he's cool, he's chilling. he's solving a lot. he isod almost everyone. he eithers kills us a wolf or we kill him
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:13 am I was picked for an ability?

News to me
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am nobody said to numb your feelings, I am saying you don't need to tell someone what to do just because you had an emotion about it because that can be just as emotionally shitty and abusive to someone else. if what they said isn't offensive but you were offended then it isn't on the person who said it
Gotta disagree with that one underlined, there is no single authority that defines whether or not something is offensive since communication is necessarily a two-entity mechanism (for those who have studied it technically, terms like encoding and decoding are often used to recognize that fact).

As a result its generally not on anybody once an initial offense has occurred and that's been clarified. What happens after is what's important, and meaningful nuances can be drawn from it. One example being the one you describe prior to the underline. I could talk about all sorts of examples, including ones which would seem opposed to what you describe there, but to do so it would reeeeaaallllyyyy draw out this conversation a lot more than you seem willing to let it drag out. Also there are some really messy situations in which both people who make it worse for the other, both have some level of right and wrong, which really complicate things and would further complicate any essay I try to make about it.

So unfortunately I'm not going to give as full of a response to that as much as I would like.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Sheesh its already 3:23 in the morning already for me.

I should continue working on the ISOs if I can. Will probably dump what I have whenever I go to sleep.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:16 am Gotta disagree with that one underlined, there is no single authority that defines whether or not something is offensive
Gotta disagree with that one underlined, i am the singular authority that defines whether or not something is offensive. if someone makes a joke at my expense - they are being rude and toxic. if i make a joke at someone else's expense - they should stop being a whiny baby

my evidence for this parallels how things work in mafia. if people mischop me its usually coz they're bad. if i mischop people its usually coz they're bad.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

maybe that would have been funnier without the second paragraph. im re-reading it and laughing at my own wit (as i always do) and im laughing more at "whiny baby". thats a much better punchline. i shouldnt have written the second paragraph
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ayyy ayyy my bad

MOTOBOT IS OUTED MAFIA

I HAVE A GODREAD ON HIM

VOTE MOTOBOT
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:35 am Image
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:58 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:41 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:28 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:24 am It is unfair to expect me to simply stop being upset. It is unfair to say that effectively my emotions are my fault and I need to challenge myself to stop having feelings
it sounds unfair but its good for u. i went through that too, it was really helpful to me. i will send you the book later. if you want you can check it out. if you have another strategy of improving, that is fine too. all is calm
I don't think what you are in effect taking me to do is beneficial to me in any way. I in effect spent the first half of my life acting the way you think I should act now. It was supremely harmful to me in numerous ways.
Truth be told, I think this conversation should end because I think Tutuu's argument is perhaps more developed in the book and so trying to talk about it more here just won't generate any new stuff to it. The book may offer better insights, I don't know, but I would be interested in hearing about it so if you tell me the name of it @tutuu that would be appreciated. This has gone on for awhile, and while I've not thoroughly read everything it seems for the past 50 posts or so things have been largely repeated.

For the sake of Porscha I'm going to spoiler this last bit down below.
spoiler spacer
I do have this small tibdit to add though: If I understand correctly one of the ideas discussed in this conversation is the ability to numb one's feelings and attempt to limit or ignore them or other people. In my life experiences, especially during middle school, numbing my feelings and reactions never seem to really work and all it did was hide or distract from the harm I was feeling. In fact, it contributed to an early-life crisis where I ended up harming others for a time simply because I was socially underdeveloped from all the harm I had suffered. In addition to that, my (limited) studies into psychology while in college have told me that we can't really selectively numb stuff. If we do manage to numb things, it tends to become a cognitive habit that ends up numbing a lot more than our emotions and in areas of our lives where we didn't want to numb our emotions. Which frankly does not work well for humans, since human beings are fundamentally social creatures.

I should really emphasize though that I have only an associate's in psychology, and I no longer study it in my Major, so my information may be partially wrong or outdated. I'm not an expert in the field. But to the best of my ability/memory it is true.
I will spoiler this as well
This is a big part of my problem I numbed my emotions for half my life. It stunted my emotional growth amongst other things such that I've been clinically diagnosed with the development of a 15 year old.

I was raised in a household where amongst other things I was emotionally manipulated into not being able to have emotions by a father who would literally yell at me if I displayedthem and a mother who enabled that behavior because "you are a boy"
Jokes on them huh.

I literally did not learn to allow myself to display outward emotions until I was an adult. It is harmful to me to go back to trying to be in the mindset I was in for the first half of my life.

It kinda sucks that people I consider friends like close friends even are effectively telling me that my emotions are stupid and I must learn to ignore them like that's not a healthy attitude.

I don't have a psych degree or education but i am a huge proponent of mental health and its destigmatization. I have a therapist I see regularly and I do think it's possible to weaponize therapy and I hope I'm not doing that but one thing I'm trying to work on is allowing myself to have emotions and here I'mbeing told that I can't have emotions.

Validating emotions is important. All emotions are valid.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:40 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:26 am sometimes feelings are wrong, stupid, pointless, harmful to ourselves, etc. if you don't have a boundary to determine what was actually hurtful instead of it just happening to hurt your feelings then everybody is responsible for someone else's emotions and that's frequently untrue. can we move on and talk about the game
I disagree with the insinuation that feelings are at any point stupid.

Yes I'm aware I'm overly emotional. No I do not think that invalidates my feelings or makes them stupid and yes I do think that means that people should try to understand where and why I feel hurt by certain actions. I am not hurt by every action in hurt by more than most people sure but not everything makes me cry.

Porscha did not insinuate that sometimes feelings are stupid, she flat out said it directly.

And she's right. Sometimes feelings are stupid, wrong, incorrect, harmful, etc.
They aren't though

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

lol holy fuck we can't agree so can we just play the game please

i'm just not gonna come back to thread if this keeps up
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am nobody said to numb your feelings, I am saying you don't need to tell someone what to do just because you had an emotion about it because that can be just as emotionally shitty and abusive to someone else. if what they said isn't offensive but you were offended then it isn't on the person who said it
It is on the person who said it to try to fucking understand why they have hurt you.

I'm not telling anyone how to act I'm telling them to validate someone's feelings and understand them.

You can do that and keep being troll jokey mcjokerson haha funny.

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

belzy town we all agree

porscha obv town

zenon obv town
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:10 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:54 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:49 am ok i want to respect porscha's wishes to get back into the game

so, lets get back to being serious, guys

question for you two:

has JJJ done isos as town before?
I don't think talking about this is non game related because in mafia emotions often run high and are readable and AI so talking about emotions and the validity of them is useful.

You're addressing part of what tutuu said, but not (imo) the meat of the meal so to speak.

How do you feel about JJJ and his ISO dive?
I feel nothing about it. I don't think it's particularly towny it is however helping me immensely to understand the game better and I hope he continues them

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

rico town he's like a video game character he dont speak much he just sits there looks pretty. good enough for me. rico town. trust me
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i'm not being troll jokey mcjokerson haha funny when I say you dont need to go on a tirade about yourself just because belzy was mildly annoyed by a joke. she can tell us to fuck off and we'll fuck off but stop making eveyrthing about you and play teh game or go to work or something
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:43 am rico town he's like a video game character he dont speak much he just sits there looks pretty. good enough for me. rico town. trust me
+1
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

wilgy falcon motobot is my immediate poe

i personally found some towny pings in wilgy. some found towny pings in falcon. i dont think anyone townreads motobot
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

vivax's girlfriend should be town. i hope i dont gotta say it. but we all townreading her? anyone doubting her being town?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:45 am vivax's girlfriend should be town. i hope i dont gotta say it. but we all townreading her? anyone doubting her being town?
gotta say why*
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:42 am lol holy fuck we can't agree so can we just play the game please

i'm just not gonna come back to thread if this keeps up
I mean I literally said I would and proceeded to spoiler a response to Martin than had to read 10 more posts telling me I'm wrong

So like why is it okay to continue this pile on me but not okay for me to respond to it

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

creature and sean are townish for me but i can see them being mafia. i wouldnt wince or cry or nothing if they're mafia. wouldnt be shocked
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

lime coke - i wanna trust my townreads jay on martin on townreading him. im personally not townreading lime. then porscha had concerns with him too. so lime might be a bit sussy wussy. ive gotta decide which townread do i trust here
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

jjj should self resolve. he kills wolves or he dies
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:43 am belzy town we all agree

porscha obv town

zenon obv town
Yes

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:44 am wilgy falcon motobot is my immediate poe

i personally found some towny pings in wilgy. some found towny pings in falcon. i dont think anyone townreads motobot
I feel like falcon has been pretty darn towny
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:43 am rico town he's like a video game character he dont speak much he just sits there looks pretty. good enough for me. rico town. trust me
Yes

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:43 am i'm not being troll jokey mcjokerson haha funny when I say you dont need to go on a tirade about yourself just because belzy was mildly annoyed by a joke. she can tell us to fuck off and we'll fuck off but stop making eveyrthing about you and play teh game or go to work or something
She literally didthough

She literally said she was going to leave the thread and your response was not fuckimg off it was doubling down and effectively saying get over it...

ImageImage

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

porscha obv town

zenon obv town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think thats all the players. i forgot martin - i kinda tired of repeating the read. same old. i can copy paste if anyone asks. and rondo too. they werent in poll thats why i forgor. rondo cool. he can be townish. who knows maybe he even caught jayjay

die_meatbaby
zenon
porscha
belzy
rico
martin

jjj

creature
sean
rondo

limecoke

wilgy
falcon

motobot
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:44 am
+1
Weren't you arguing with me about Ricos general towniness though?

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:48 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:44 am wilgy falcon motobot is my immediate poe

I feel like falcon has been pretty darn towny
gotcha babe
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:45 am vivax's girlfriend should be town. i hope i dont gotta say it. but we all townreading her? anyone doubting her being town?
who?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:52 am
+1
not that i recall
☆Princess Abigail☆

I think if this was he approach to the game as a wolf I'd be kinda genuinely upset but I'm not sure that's good enough to town read

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:50 am

porscha obv town

zenon obv town
ara ara

belzy just ... uh. they just obv. like. they're just being real. u know what i mean? they pure. they real

porscha claimed god read town by sean and same as above

zenon same as above (the first one)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:51 am
motobot

☆Princess Abigail☆

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:50 am

porscha obv town

zenon obv town
Imspect

Genuine emotion is towny

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:55 am
motobot

omg he really came for your throat with this one
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:53 am
who?
die_meatbaby
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:54 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:52 am
+1
not that i recall
I suppose I misunderstood our whole discussion about my read on him than

Huh

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:51 am die_meatbaby
zenon
porscha
belzy
rico
martin

jjj

creature
sean
rondo

limecoke

wilgy
falcon

motobot
does anyone have any qualms with this

keep in mind we're looking at 3 to 4 wolves

if u wanna take away some of my wolfreads - please offer replacements names
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:55 am ara ara

belzy just ... uh. they just obv. like. they're just being real. u know what i mean? they pure. they real

porscha claimed god read town by sean and same as above

zenon same as above (the first one)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:55 am
motobot

everyone else is just being towny. we know someone has to be scum

Return to “Previous Jobs”