The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 4]

Post by Snow Dog »

You don't know?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sorry for being mostly absent this Day - I went to bed super early last night and nearly forgot to check this evening after a mind-numbing day of administering exams and dealing with the aftermath (House of Proctoring...not where you want to be Sorted, I'll tell ya... :rolleyes: )

About this poll...I haven't had strong feelings about either contender, as many others have expressed, as well. I haven't really played with Bass much to differentiate his games. Dom to me seems pretty...Dom. Not much out of the ordinary. I definitely thought it was weird of him to say that Bass was Civ in light of this poll, but I suppose I can understand it? Maybe? I wouldn't do it in his situation. And it puts the voter in a conundrum - if you trust Dom, and Dom says Bass is good, then who do you vote for? That being said, I don't necessarily trust either of them. My gut says vote Bass. Sorry, absentee.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

I voted Dom to maintain the tie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:I voted Dom to maintain the tie.
Wat.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Lol @ juliets' post.

As far as I can see, nothin had changed. I'm on a bus and will be going thru some pretty rural areas, so voting now but hopefully I'll be around.

For me it comes down to this: Dom has been hunting baddies super hard all game. Bass hasn't. I figure Dom is potentially of more value if he is civ, so I'm voting Bass. Also I REALLY hate toes.

And timmer, on the last page you said you were voting Dom because he had posted more and would give more info. Are you seriously suggesting we lynch a very active player because he's active? I mean, I get the train of thought, but...that's messed up, man. I'm not into the idea of intentionally lynching actives just because, and I hope others aren't either.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

Someone (two someones) does not want to be held accountable for lynching a civvie...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
Someone (two someones) does not want to be held accountable for lynching a civvie...
No, I can't make up my mind :(

TBH, I was pinged by you more than Bass, but not really for anything you did. I won't miss a vote on purpose, but I can't make a decision here.

Also what happened to YOU thinking Bass is a civvie? Had Bloop voted for you, I would have voted for him tbh.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
No, I can't make up my mind :(

TBH, I was pinged by you more than Bass, but not really for anything you did. I won't miss a vote on purpose, but I can't make a decision here.

Also what happened to YOU thinking Bass is a civvie? Had Bloop voted for you, I would have voted for him tbh.
I do... I think that you and TH would just rather blame whatever happens on Stanley. And I think both bass and I are civvies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom I am a civvie myself. I HATE this lynch, don't blame me for being unable to decide~

linki, read what i said. Read what I have said since this stupid lynch started. And if you think you both are civvies what would you have me do?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:Dom I am a civvie myself. I HATE this lynch, don't blame me for being unable to decide~

linki, read what i said. Read what I have said since this stupid lynch started. And if you think you both are civvies what would you have me do?
Let me reread a bit, SVS-- I think I might understand.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

rip llama.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And Stanley is unlikely to decide, there are 2 manip roles, potentially 3 if you count Simon. If he self protected last night, his vote does not count.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Is juliets ok? :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I hope so :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Dom I am a civvie myself. I HATE this lynch, don't blame me for being unable to decide~

I am not hinting or anything. I just meant read that I have not wanted to vote for either of you for 2 days. The point about Bass re his Moms opinion was interesting, and I have hated the way since Day One bea has been on the Dom mega trust wagon. TBH, that was the minor ping I had. She is not being frank, is imo being intentionally evasive, and she has been trusting you for no real reason that I can see since Day One. I don't see civ BTS.

It's minor though, and not your fault per se. I only bring it up to balance the mild Bass ping. I can't decide, and don't really want to. But I also do not want to intentionally miss a vote. In any case others took it out of the tie, and I do not plan to move to reinstate it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:

I am not hinting or anything. I just meant read that I have not wanted to vote for either of you for 2 days. The point about Bass re his Moms opinion was interesting, and I have hated the way since Day One bea has been on the Dom mega trust wagon. TBH, that was the minor ping I had. She is not being frank, is imo being intentionally evasive, and she has been trusting you for no real reason that I can see since Day One. I don't see civ BTS.

It's minor though, and not your fault per se. I only bring it up to balance the mild Bass ping. I can't decide, and don't really want to. But I also do not want to intentionally miss a vote. In any case others took it out of the tie, and I do not plan to move to reinstate it.
Why are you using Bea's actions against me? I'm confused why this makes you suspect me rather than bea
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Who is Stanley?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bea has only put major trust in elo since the beginning of the game. I don't find Don particularly suspicious. I'm not being evassive. I'm not hiding anything. I have the potential to be as wrong about bass as I could be about dom. I'm totally open to being shown how it would benifit my fellow civs to change my vote. I'm here at work for just that reason
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Russtifinko wrote:Lol @ juliets' post.

As far as I can see, nothin had changed. I'm on a bus and will be going thru some pretty rural areas, so voting now but hopefully I'll be around.

For me it comes down to this: Dom has been hunting baddies super hard all game. Bass hasn't. I figure Dom is potentially of more value if he is civ, so I'm voting Bass. Also I REALLY hate toes.

And timmer, on the last page you said you were voting Dom because he had posted more and would give more info. Are you seriously suggesting we lynch a very active player because he's active? I mean, I get the train of thought, but...that's messed up, man. I'm not into the idea of intentionally lynching actives just because, and I hope others aren't either.
This whole lynch is messed up, tbh. And I have no pings on either player, if this were a normal day I'd have never voted for either one. So if I cannot decide who is civ or who is bad between the two, I'll take Dom, yes. Because at least IF he flips bad, there is way more content to pick over and find teammates with. If Bass flips bad, there is so little of his content that I feel like we wouldn't glean anything from it. It's horrid logic, but this is a horrid lynch, so what can we do?

Unless you think Bass being quiet is a sign of his baddieness? Is he normally quiet when bad/active when good? Something like that would make me change my vote, tbh.
My siggie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Will i vote bass?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Or will i vote Dom?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:

Why are you using Bea's actions against me? I'm confused why this makes you suspect me rather than bea
See? You don't read. When I voted I said i had one minor ping, and it wasn't really your fault.

You never answered me; since you both are civ in your opinion, what would you have me do? This lynch was a horrible situation to be in for all of us, not just you & Bass. I had to vote, I voted. Had Blooper voted for You, I would have voted for Bass. You both had tiny pings, and that was it. FWIW, I thought all of that "you should have made a case to save yourself against the person you think is a civ" stuff today was off base. You have to do what your conscience tells you to do when you are a civ, IMO. I did not think either of you were bad, so I did not want to put either of you ahead of the other.

And Stanley is the vote decider, Snowy.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Bea has only put major trust in elo since the beginning of the game. I don't find Don particularly suspicious. I'm not being evassive. I'm not hiding anything. I have the potential to be as wrong about bass as I could be about dom. I'm totally open to being shown how it would benifit my fellow civs to change my vote. I'm here at work for just that reason
I thought the three of you were in the circle of trust, tbh. And I don't want you to change your vote, I want this horrible lynch to go away. Lynching Bass makes more sense if both seem equally innocent since Dom is more active.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

juliets wrote:Then when you made you comment about Mongoose really lying it furthered my bad feeling I forgot I also wanted to ask Elo what she finds suspicious about zeek? I was thinking about voting SVS or TH but then I noticed SVS only had one vote and TH none. I think my vote would be wasted if I voted for them.
The bolded part is a repeat of something juliets said yesterday. Is this all snippets of yesterday's posts? I don't have time to check but it seems maybe?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

juliets wrote: Tyler wins by having more recruits than non-recruits in the game.
And she previously said this on Night 2.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Re: GoC 2014 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who clawed FZ.?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Bass_the_Clever
Elohcin (3), Dom (4), Boomslang (10), zeek (11), bea (12), nijuukyugou (14), Russtifinko (16), juliets (17), Roxy (19)
47%

Dom
Long Con (5), Spacedaisy (6), DharmaHelper (8), timmer (9), Turnip Head (13), S~V~S (15), Snow Dog (18)
37%

Vompatti (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Metalmarsh89 (2), Black Rock (7)
16%

Total votes : 19
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the English Way
The Danger Room computer spoke. “It is time to move your training to a more dangerous environment: Great Britain.”

Flat metallic surfaces became High Street, while advance technology became...prams or whatever. Words gained gratuitous vowels.

“Greetings,” said a well-dressed eccentric fellow. “I am The Doctour. Well, one of them. I am a Time Lourd. I move through time and space in the TARDIS. Sadly, London is under attack by Cybermen, Daleks, and flatulent aliens, isn’t it? I can get us to safety. And wouldn’t you know it- one of you happens to be my successour! I know this because I travel through time and space in the TARDIS. Did I mention that? If you can courrectly wourk out whom, I’ll arrange a private chat with the bloke!"

The telephone rang. "Hello. A message from a Mr. Boddy, you say? You say
Long Con doesn't have a hat? Well, he's not much of gentleman, is he? Ta-ta."

He hung up the phone and turned back to his guests.

“Unfourtunately, your party has one mour than the TARDIS can accommodate. I’m pleased that you’ve had the fouresite to already kick someone out of the dour. I say, well-dressed chap.”

Bass_the_Clever has been lynched. He was Warden Samuel Norton. It is now Night 4. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 4]

Post by S~V~S »

YAY!!!!!!

Holy Shit, Bass.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Woot!!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well done.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:

See? You don't read. When I voted I said i had one minor ping, and it wasn't really your fault.

You never answered me; since you both are civ in your opinion, what would you have me do? This lynch was a horrible situation to be in for all of us, not just you & Bass. I had to vote, I voted. Had Blooper voted for You, I would have voted for Bass. You both had tiny pings, and that was it. FWIW, I thought all of that "you should have made a case to save yourself against the person you think is a civ" stuff today was off base. You have to do what your conscience tells you to do when you are a civ, IMO. I did not think either of you were bad, so I did not want to put either of you ahead of the other.

And Stanley is the vote decider, Snowy.
I think I was misunderstanding you-- I don't think we were on the same page. I understand now.

I thought you were suspecting me for what Bea had done. I see that you're not.

LINKI:

HOLY SHIT!!!!
WOW

I was so so so so so wrong.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

wow! I am surprised at this one.

Give me a few minutes to write up a post and see about dinner and I'll explain what I can about yesterday.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

Awesome! :biggrin:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sweet!
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What do you guys make of the poll?
Are we voting for who we think the Doctor is?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

It sounds like someone gets btsc with the doctor top me, not that we find out who they are.
My siggie.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Woohoo! So the horrible lunch wasn't so horrible after all :-D

And timmer, mu impression from the post was that we somehow help that person get BTSC. Could be the night poll or a puzzle
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So... whodo we want the Doctor to get BTSC with ?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

First, I don't know anything about the Bass/Dom lynch. I went through all the same feelings as you guys on who to vote. I finally decided that if they were both civ it would be better to keep Dom because as a civ (if he was one) he adds value to us as a whole.

As for me, last night I got targeted twice. It wasn't Bavmorda or the Warden or Boddy or the guy who sends you to jail. I could tell by the meat of the two messages that these two messengers were not on the same team because what they asked me to do when you put them both together were in conflict with one another. I of course asked Epi several times what I could and could not tell you guys and his answer is nothing about the message other than I got a message. And nothing about the other targeting communication other than I was double targeted.

I have wracked my brain trying to figure out which two entities to attribute these actions to. One could be Snape. And I can't remember what a horcrux is or does so it's difficult to assess the probability that one of these things was due to a horcrux. Also the mad hatter or gollum or the rogue (she is the one who steals powers right?) could be involved.

I am happy for you to ask questions and will tell you if I can answer them. If I'm not sure I'll ask Epi.

I don't know how much this matters in the context of the game but at least it was something different.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Bye Son! <3 had a feeling!

Got some things I need to read before I give my 2-cents (which could wind up being tomorrow)

I do not understand the poll. Are we looking for who we think the Dr is or who they gets btsc with?
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I mean the poll is asking us "who is your doctor?" so confused
;)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay!! Bye, Warden!

I love everything about the lynch post with my everything :D Except the ambiguity of what we're voting for exactly. I'd agree that it could be just picking someone to chat with the Doctor, except that the post Doctor is saying we need to "correctly work out whom," like a puzzle. Hmm...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Excellent result :D
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Black Rock »

I could be a doctor, all I need is a rez. :(
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the English Way
The Danger Room computer spoke. “It is time to move your training to a more dangerous environment: Great Britain.”

Flat metallic surfaces became High Street, while advance technology became...prams or whatever. Words gained gratuitous vowels.

“Greetings,” said a well-dressed eccentric fellow. “I am The Doctour. Well, one of them. I am a Time Lourd. I move through time and space in the TARDIS. Sadly, London is under attack by Cybermen, Daleks, and flatulent aliens, isn’t it? I can get us to safety. And wouldn’t you know it- one of you happens to be my successour! I know this because I travel through time and space in the TARDIS. Did I mention that? If you can courrectly wourk out whom, I’ll arrange a private chat with the bloke!

“Unfourtunately, your party has one mour than the TARDIS can accommodate. I’m pleased that you’ve had the fouresite to already kick someone out of the dour. I say, well-dressed chap.”

Bass_the_Clever has been lynched. He was Warden Samuel Norton. It is now Night 4. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Dearest HOST....
Are we looking for a specific person? Or do we vote the person we want to have BTS with The Doctor?
If it's a specific person, does the Doctor already know who needs to win the poll?
Will we be given any more clues?
Am I being annoying with questions? Because I feel like I am.

How bout now?

For everyone else- Tomorrow through the end of Monday are going to be particularly difficult as work + other obligations have me *quite literally* wondering when I will sleep. (I think I'll get 2 whole hours tonight.) I'll do the best I can to keep up. I know at some point tomorrow I'll be able to get on, catch up and vote. Just wanted to let you know, for the next few days - it might feel like I'm flying under the radar. Cuz. work and stuff. :(

How bout now? :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Doctor can choose one person who voted for him to have temporary BTSC with, and I should add that The Doctor may choose to not establish this BTSC at all.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ahhhhh ok. Thanks.Epi!!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

So it's a big shot in the dark. Who do you think the Doctor is guys?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't particularly like the idea of speculating and discussing who the Doctor is, tbh. I am going to vote for one of the two people I think most would LIKE to be the Doctor, namely Snow Dog or Zeek.

I think if we all spread out out votes a lot, hopefully one of us will hit it.

Since Snowy made me laugh yesterday, I will vote for him, I think.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So am I understanding this correctly? We all vote for who we think the doctor is and the person who really is the doctor gets to have bts with one of the people who voted for him/her? To decide this we have to have conversation about who the doctor is which in turn puts a potential target on one or maybe more players? There is something I must not understand about what we are doing here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”