Moderator: Community Team

☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I'm too lazy to explain why
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Interested in hearing from anybody who has a strong read on Wilgy / Epi / Quin, particularly if you think that they're villagers.

They're players who I don't know very well and all tend to fall into the category of "has towny moments but nothing conclusive".
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 272
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:40 pm I'm too lazy to explain why
Remember your training.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:40 pm Interested in hearing from anybody who has a strong read on Wilgy / Epi / Quin, particularly if you think that they're villagers.

They're players who I don't know very well and all tend to fall into the category of "has towny moments but nothing conclusive".
I think that’s a fair read. Wilgy is probably the best of the three with respect to the proportion of his posts that seem town without raising questions. Epignosis seems town too, just with more room for a nefarious agenda in his decisions. Quin has a “good vibe” but nothing more.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

That's exactly what a wolf would say.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Worried that a lot of the PoE isn't really interactable with in the ways that I'd like them to be due to a lot of players being so far behind the thread.

I don't hold it against people for being unable to keep up for whatever reason but I'm finding it hard to gauge confidence in this threadstate and it's very easy for villagers to get perma-stuck in the PoE because of it.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:22 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:42 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆ would you be able to put together a full list of reads? Rainbow or tiers or something like that would be super. Explanations only if you feel like it.
I mean my list is just what I've posted

Your town or your not in my eyes

You and falcon are town and I'm like at least gonna fake confidence until exelo on both those reads.

I literally have not found anyone else this game. Wiml is probably the closest thing I have to another town lock at this point in catch up his posts are inquisitive and insightful in a way that's towny in mindset in my opinion. Their questions seem to come from a place of genuine solving and not from a place of pushing a scum agenda.

Now I do need to disclose that my dyslexia is particularly awful this game so I'm struggling to read and retain a lot of Wimls posts because they are often wordy but what I do manage to understand feels pure as snow to me...

Actually writing this post has made me pretty confident

TOWN CORE

JJJ
Wiml
Falc
+3

Falcon is like exclusively just based off the fact that there's a large consensus on him being town I am in agreement though less hoorah on it but others confidence is just kinda influencing my choice since it gels with my general read direction on falc
Adding Wilgy to this

JJJ
Wiml
Falc
Wilgy
+2

Game so ez let's go
I figured you'd not give me a tr so definitively and quickly following Sesame Seed?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:49 pm Worried that a lot of the PoE isn't really interactable with in the ways that I'd like them to be due to a lot of players being so far behind the thread.

I don't hold it against people for being unable to keep up for whatever reason but I'm finding it hard to gauge confidence in this threadstate and it's very easy for villagers to get perma-stuck in the PoE because of it.
Define interactable?

Is it the fact that Me/LC/Epi/Quin have low post numbers resulting in not very many 50/50s?
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:09 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:12 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:06 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am Jay, I think the way she is self content for posting town reads and tries to present herself as solvy is not towny

It was implied when i said mafia prefer to post town reads to not argue with the townies they are pushing that she is mafia for doing that.

If you noticed she didn't say I am a wolf for suspecting her, she said I played wolfy or something.
Again I can prove that this is how I play the game AS TOWN if you would like
Look, the way you tell me I saw you playing has the reverse. You saw me playing as well. You saw me being right and also wrong.
You know my play is unusual and my suspicions are often poor explained (coming from weak english skills), but also I always push what I consider wolfy behaviour. You can't just say I have bad faith in my push when I talk about it since so long.

I asked you questions. I waited for answers but I didn't receive things who could show me you have genuine thoughts regarding your suspicion on me. The fact you don't make scum cases in general has little importance for me.

You want me to believe you because you say so.
Sorry, I can't.
Yes, my vote is on you regardless the fact you posted because you don't gave me a reason to change my mind and I explained why.

We seem to talk past each other but I am sure I answered at your posts while you mostly AtEd and provided self meta.

If you are town, you have to show it in other way than self voting when the wagons are tied.

Self voting is bad regardless alignament.

The first condition for town is to find scum, not to suicide to prove wrong some people.
The second is to show themselves towny in thoughts and behaviour.
If a townie fails in these both aspects that doesn't mean their life is meaningless and they should die.
A game is won by town by teamwork more than by individual performance. And another force of town is in numbers. Keep town number respecting your own TMI on your alignment even if no one believes you and self press because you never know for sure the alignment of your cw.

If you are town, make me see it.
I disagree with a lot of your method.

The first priority for me as town is to find town
Than I want to get the rest of town to see what I see so that my town reads are safe
Than I want town to find me if they can.
If they can't I will willingly sacrifice myself if I have provided town with a winning town core than I've still done my job
Often town performance is better when I commit die.
You didn't answer, you accused me saying we played before so I should town read you. I can say the same.

The playstyle difference is not AI and about self voting you can't convince me is useful.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A lot of silliness is resolved if voting for oneself is just against the rules.

I always forget to add that when I host. Next time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:47 pm
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:40 pm Interested in hearing from anybody who has a strong read on Wilgy / Epi / Quin, particularly if you think that they're villagers.

I think that’s a fair read. Wilgy is probably the best of the three with respect to the proportion of his posts that seem town without raising questions. Epignosis seems town too, just with more room for a nefarious agenda in his decisions. Quin has a “good vibe” but nothing more.
Would you mind talking a bit more about Wilgy?

On a micro level, I think he's got some individual posts that are villagery and appreciate his attitude and enthusiasm, especially coming from a triple wolf streak while also being ill. His solving seems much more natural and less linear than I remember him being in the wolf games of his I specced as well. I'm interested in what you've got on him though.

(Writing it down I probably have more there to justify calling him town than I initially realised tbh.)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:59 pm Would you mind talking a bit more about Wilgy?

On a micro level, I think he's got some individual posts that are villagery and appreciate his attitude and enthusiasm, especially coming from a triple wolf streak while also being ill. His solving seems much more natural and less linear than I remember him being in the wolf games of his I specced as well. I'm interested in what you've got on him though.

(Writing it down I probably have more there to justify calling him town than I initially realised tbh.)
I'll throw together a quick ISO review.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One initial note to consider: I think sometimes that when players take a bit longer to get involved (as DrWilgy did this time), we get into a state of mental inertia that locks them into a "low involvement" perception without it necessarily being true. Wilgy has 46 posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

careful to give me too much credit there Jay. Half my posts are about fettuccini.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:52 pm
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:49 pm Worried that a lot of the PoE isn't really interactable with in the ways that I'd like them to be due to a lot of players being so far behind the thread.

Define interactable?

Is it the fact that Me/LC/Epi/Quin have low post numbers resulting in not very many 50/50s?
Oftentimes with PoE slots I like to dig into them by having them talk about their solving and give thought processes and the like since I think those sort of things are by far the hardest for most wolves to fake.

That's a lot rougher to do when the people I want to dig into are sort of in perpetual catch-up or inactive whilst I'm awake. I don't hold it against anyone (I was in that position myself the last game I played due to illness, obviously you're ill and the others seem busy and that's just unavoidable) but it's kinda rough for me to gauge my accuracy on things as a result and I'm worried that if I happened to be wrong about things then I wouldn't easily be able to reevaluate that in this thread climate.

In many ways that post is kind of a note to self to try to put more effort into re-evaluating my PoE in other ways.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I think Epi is town. It's not like he is out of his scum range or I have a big experience playing with him, but I liked his tone and solve.

Wilgy is relaxed and his jokes are funny - I tend to give town reads for players with good sense of humor. Also I liked his focus on Quin's vote and the way he talked about it

Quin is fluid in votes and reads, things I consider to be villagery. I don't remember meta, last time we were wolves together and I remember he was more stiff.

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:06 pm One initial note to consider: I think sometimes that when players take a bit longer to get involved (as DrWilgy did this time), we get into a state of mental inertia that locks them into a "low involvement" perception without it necessarily being true. Wilgy has 46 posts.
Yeah, that's very true.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml your talkative mood is contagious, I forgot I promised to myself to be low poster

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:07 pm careful to give me too much credit there Jay. Half my posts are about fettuccini.
That's true. I just saw in your ISO that ten posts are about how much I am steak.

:srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:08 pm

I think Epi is town. It's not like he is out of his scum range or I have a big experience playing with him, but I liked his tone and solve.

Wilgy is relaxed and his jokes are funny - I tend to give town reads for players with good sense of humor. Also I liked his focus on Quin's vote and the way he talked about it

Quin is fluid in votes and reads, things I consider to be villagery. I don't remember meta, last time we were wolves together and I remember he was more stiff.
Alright, thank you. For reference, how would you order those reads in terms of confidence?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quick Wilgy ISO review

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:03 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:55 pm @DrWilgy I know it sucks playing while ill, prioritise taking care of yourself first!!!

I'm happy just assuming you're a villager and giving you space for now tbh.
Aye, I'd just assume I'm an unknown though because I am.

I skimmed Falc and I agree this is T Falcon quite confidently. While I haven't seen LC's posts, I can believe T fal believes what he saw there and would be willing to sheep that so far.

Will nap and do some other thinking later.

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
This is fine. It's not wonderful, but it's fine. I have also town read falcon the whole game, so for Wilgy to snap to the same judgment and follow falcon's lead against a player I also have my vote on is fine.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:10 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:54 pm I do think being uninformed is a completely different beast. It's a lot easier to post when you have no clue.

Anyway, it's not worth dwelling on at this point. Kate is in my POE regardless of volume. I am considering Kate/Abigail as a difference check now (insert obligatory "or some softer version of that term").
I'd be interested in hearing your difference check read if you're up for explaining it?
The Kate/Abigail dif check is real. I remember thinking there was one but couldn't tell you for the life of me as to why I thought it.

Wild that it was observed by someone else though, I'd never had said anything and just let it amount to fuzzy sick brain.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:45 pm This is extremely coherent for a tzenon.

Gonna put my vote here for now.

[VOTE: PA] aubergine
It was when I read this that I thought that implied a dif. Not sure why exactly.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:32 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:29 pm You know I'm very tempted to have you guys lynch me just so I could prove definitively that intuition is better than stats. :pout:
Homie, I trust your intuition. Your intuition stat is like 99 compared to my 92.

You like dumped all your stats into intuition.

It's because I trust your intuition Abigail and you are on these lists.

It's also because I trust your intuition it'd be really weird for the Abigail read to be wrong without good reason.
Perhaps this is too mindmeld, and I won't shower Wilgy with praise for agreeing with my specific viewpoint. I will say though that Wilgy tends to solve games with complex layers of micro-structures (e.g., difference checks and wagon dynamics), so this is on-brand.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:10 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:54 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:39 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:27 pm I've become enlightened.

Team is:
Epi, Abigail
Epi, Kate
Wiml, Abigail
Wiml, Kate
Wilgy, Kate

Miss me wit dem @s
Are you townreading Lime Coke?
Nope.

I'm not reading LC rn. I haven't seen anything of them. My vote is only because Falcon town and Falcon probs goat.
What's specific about those teams you listed, then?

I assumed you meant that they were the only teams that you thought seemed likely.
Idk, they carried who I thought was the correct answer by quantity, by dif check and by gut reaction. I really wasn't thinking about other people in the moment.

If I were to update this actually thinking about it and the players involved this game it'd be like an evolving PoE that should be solved like: Kate/Abigail, LC/Wiml, Quin, Epi, Roxy? I think that's the greater PoE till other evolutions or events are seen.

However, I've only read what I've been around for still and Falc's ISO. Catching up continues to be difficult, so it's a matter of gauging in the moment for me so far.
This kind of follows from what I just said. Wilgy is definitely the type to work through a game solution by toying with pairs like the ones in this exchange. Including himself was dopey.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:47 pm I'd like to offer a 3rd wagon. [VOTE: Quin] aubergine

Homie was like,
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am A lynch between Abigail and LC could tell me a lot.
Then was like,
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 am Abigail has earned a Day 2 and I Do Not See It for LC.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

I'll try put it into words if I have time. It's just a suspicion that is There.
and I tried to poke the suspicion out,

and I got nothing.

Dude don't even mention me before dis.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:52 pm Aye, and I'm still good with either Brad or Abigail rn. Will put in some time now to deliberate between the two.

I offered Quin in thinking they were the most eager to grab the lowest hanging fruit, and am curious as to if anyone agrees.
I don’t really see it that way. He should reply though, if it’s possible in his time zone before day ends in three hours.
what way do you see it then? Did you see insight as to where Quin found the low poster wolf in me?
I don’t know why he suspects you, no, and that is something he needs to clear up. So your beef is understandable.

It doesn’t strike me as a generic “LHF” move though. If Quin is mafia then at least one of the bigger wagons is town. They could be called LHF in their own right. I don’t care for vanity votes in general, so regardless of whether his vote for you qualifies as LHF, I’d say it’s less than his best moment.

Gun to my head he felt a bit contrarian.
Aye contrarian feels correct, but the vote on me feels very no consequence in nature based on who it was on.

I don't see what is LHF as wagon deterministic. Like, if this is town Abigail, I'd not say that it's an LHF wagon (maybe Brad would be).

LHF results in no consequence for the voter because of the perception of no net T loss in effort/energy as a result of that vote.
Wilgy's gripes with Quin may be a bit petty, but I think they're technically valid. For a contrary view, one could argue that Wilgy is griping about a Quin vanity vote (on Wilgy) and placing a vanity vote of his own (on Quin). I don't think I care though. Quilgy quibbles.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:29 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:47 pm Michelle
Voters: ☆Princess Abigail☆, falcon45ca, Wiml

One of these 4 names is a wolf. Spoiler. It's not me.
I’m considering a Michelle/Wiml “difference check”. That term is too strong for where I stand, but some softer version of that.
I think it could be. I know I'm town.

I don't agree with locking falcon town for such weak reasons but I am town leaning falcon.

So to me it's always Michelle or Wiml
This exchange is fascinating.

Is the dif between Wiml/Michelle solely because we hit a 4 player involved wagon early? I love these observations and calls, but have also found that being on them while making said call allows me to manipulate them as wolf.
I suggested earlier in the thread that I thought Abigail's "one in four names" approach was Wilgy-esque, so it makes sense for Wilgy to take interest.

This may give some sense of the good things for Wilgy. More broadly, I am not sure I see any bad things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:11 pm Wiml your talkative mood is contagious, I forgot I promised to myself to be low poster
I... also forgot that I promised to myself to be a low poster
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:18 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:08 pm

Alright, thank you. For reference, how would you order those reads in terms of confidence?
Epi>Wilgy>Quin

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We can celebrate our desire to play hard and make many posts when the game thread is a nice place to be. If we're in here putting out 200 posts on Day 1 and it's a toxic hellhole, that is when we must soul-search.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It seems Lime Coke's return was to be lost, to grant Wiml a town read, and then to vote for Wiml.

I am not inclined to move my vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

If this game wouldn't have just 2 mafia I would say the current wagons are too frozen to be a hit and that the wolves are happy with the gamestate.
But as long as both top wagons are in a consensus Poe I don't think that idea is valid

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lime Coke's probably not coming back, is he?

(Appreciate the responses, taking my time going through them).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:27 pm It seems Lime Coke's return was to be lost, to grant Wiml a town read, and then to vote for Wiml.

Nice timing lmao.
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:28 pm If this game wouldn't have just 2 mafia I would say the current wagons are too frozen to be a hit and that the wolves are happy with the gamestate.
But as long as both top wagons are in a consensus Poe I don't think that idea is valid
Yeah, I would be concerned with this sort of threadstate in a 12v3 for example but a 9v2 is going to be dominated by villagers even before you factor in townreads on the higher posters.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:44 pm
Remember your training.
Let me rephrase I haven't slept in 36 hours because I've done a dumb thing for somewhat good reasons

So I'm tired

But I will try

The concept. The idea. Is that very very early on wolfs won't jump on a wolf wagon that is taking off if they are on it and it gains traction maybe they stay there but largely there's a self conscious innate desire to avoid pushing teammates into the line of fire early even as a busser so if the wagon is on a wolf is >rand that the entire wagon is clear.

This may seem unlikely but it is provably correct. Through result.

The concept on the other hand is that wolfs have an innate desire to blend in early on. Weather they start the wagon or it gains traction if it's on a town they will either stay on the wagon they started or jump into it as it gains traction be cause they blend in to a crowd giving them cover and options if the wagon does end up going over and flips town.

This may seem unlikely but it is provably correct.

Now 2 things. I undermined the sanctity of the read by forcing it. I did that cause I thought it would help get the game started.

The other thing the answer to Wilgys question. It only applies to the very very first wagon to reach 3 votes because that's when people are trying to find their footing. This read only works when people are not comfortable and dug in.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I don't TR the highest posters because they post a lot, btw

☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:51 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:22 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:42 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆ would you be able to put together a full list of reads? Rainbow or tiers or something like that would be super. Explanations only if you feel like it.
I mean my list is just what I've posted

Your town or your not in my eyes

You and falcon are town and I'm like at least gonna fake confidence until exelo on both those reads.

I literally have not found anyone else this game. Wiml is probably the closest thing I have to another town lock at this point in catch up his posts are inquisitive and insightful in a way that's towny in mindset in my opinion. Their questions seem to come from a place of genuine solving and not from a place of pushing a scum agenda.

Now I do need to disclose that my dyslexia is particularly awful this game so I'm struggling to read and retain a lot of Wimls posts because they are often wordy but what I do manage to understand feels pure as snow to me...

Actually writing this post has made me pretty confident

TOWN CORE

JJJ
Wiml
Falc
+3

Falcon is like exclusively just based off the fact that there's a large consensus on him being town I am in agreement though less hoorah on it but others confidence is just kinda influencing my choice since it gels with my general read direction on falc
Adding Wilgy to this

JJJ
Wiml
Falc
Wilgy
+2

Game so ez let's go
I figured you'd not give me a tr so definitively and quickly following Sesame Seed?
Than you do not know me well

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I was mafia I would have zero posts. You can trust me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:56 pm A lot of silliness is resolved if voting for oneself is just against the rules.

I always forget to add that when I host. Next time.
Self voting is a sacred and valuable tradition

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:37 pm If I was mafia I would have zero posts. You can trust me.
:beer:

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 pm I don't TR the highest posters because they post a lot, btw
I do but people don't like my statistics

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

It's late for me and I have to sleep.
If I can wake up in one hour I will be here

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:11 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:07 pm careful to give me too much credit there Jay. Half my posts are about fettuccini.
That's true. I just saw in your ISO that ten posts are about how much I am steak.

:srsnod:
Oi! better than being somethin smelly.
Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

have had an wild afternoon and need to get Ariya fast. So I have to vote now vote limey
I cannot read him one way or the other except the disappearing act is never a good sign. I'll thank Wiml for this if we get a hit but will not blame them if we don't. I do like their case and felt they have the knowledge of Limey that I just don't.
;)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:27 pm It seems Lime Coke's return was to be lost, to grant Wiml a town read, and then to vote for Wiml.

Great sadness was had. I even popcorn gif'd.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:35 pm The other thing the answer to Wilgys question. It only applies to the very very first wagon to reach 3 votes because that's when people are trying to find their footing. This read only works when people are not comfortable and dug in.
Unknown if I agree with this part chief. I don't think players really even get dug in until a flip happens, but I can at least understand your perspective.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm Quick Wilgy ISO review

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:03 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:55 pm @DrWilgy I know it sucks playing while ill, prioritise taking care of yourself first!!!

I'm happy just assuming you're a villager and giving you space for now tbh.
Aye, I'd just assume I'm an unknown though because I am.

I skimmed Falc and I agree this is T Falcon quite confidently. While I haven't seen LC's posts, I can believe T fal believes what he saw there and would be willing to sheep that so far.

Will nap and do some other thinking later.

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
This is fine. It's not wonderful, but it's fine. I have also town read falcon the whole game, so for Wilgy to snap to the same judgment and follow falcon's lead against a player I also have my vote on is fine.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:10 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:54 pm I do think being uninformed is a completely different beast. It's a lot easier to post when you have no clue.

Anyway, it's not worth dwelling on at this point. Kate is in my POE regardless of volume. I am considering Kate/Abigail as a difference check now (insert obligatory "or some softer version of that term").
I'd be interested in hearing your difference check read if you're up for explaining it?
The Kate/Abigail dif check is real. I remember thinking there was one but couldn't tell you for the life of me as to why I thought it.

Wild that it was observed by someone else though, I'd never had said anything and just let it amount to fuzzy sick brain.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:45 pm This is extremely coherent for a tzenon.

Gonna put my vote here for now.

[VOTE: PA] aubergine
It was when I read this that I thought that implied a dif. Not sure why exactly.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:32 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:29 pm You know I'm very tempted to have you guys lynch me just so I could prove definitively that intuition is better than stats. :pout:
Homie, I trust your intuition. Your intuition stat is like 99 compared to my 92.

You like dumped all your stats into intuition.

It's because I trust your intuition Abigail and you are on these lists.

It's also because I trust your intuition it'd be really weird for the Abigail read to be wrong without good reason.
Perhaps this is too mindmeld, and I won't shower Wilgy with praise for agreeing with my specific viewpoint. I will say though that Wilgy tends to solve games with complex layers of micro-structures (e.g., difference checks and wagon dynamics), so this is on-brand.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:10 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:54 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:39 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:27 pm I've become enlightened.

Team is:
Epi, Abigail
Epi, Kate
Wiml, Abigail
Wiml, Kate
Wilgy, Kate

Miss me wit dem @s
Are you townreading Lime Coke?
Nope.

I'm not reading LC rn. I haven't seen anything of them. My vote is only because Falcon town and Falcon probs goat.
What's specific about those teams you listed, then?

I assumed you meant that they were the only teams that you thought seemed likely.
Idk, they carried who I thought was the correct answer by quantity, by dif check and by gut reaction. I really wasn't thinking about other people in the moment.

If I were to update this actually thinking about it and the players involved this game it'd be like an evolving PoE that should be solved like: Kate/Abigail, LC/Wiml, Quin, Epi, Roxy? I think that's the greater PoE till other evolutions or events are seen.

However, I've only read what I've been around for still and Falc's ISO. Catching up continues to be difficult, so it's a matter of gauging in the moment for me so far.
This kind of follows from what I just said. Wilgy is definitely the type to work through a game solution by toying with pairs like the ones in this exchange. Including himself was dopey.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:47 pm I'd like to offer a 3rd wagon. [VOTE: Quin] aubergine

Homie was like,
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am A lynch between Abigail and LC could tell me a lot.
Then was like,
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 am Abigail has earned a Day 2 and I Do Not See It for LC.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

I'll try put it into words if I have time. It's just a suspicion that is There.
and I tried to poke the suspicion out,

and I got nothing.

Dude don't even mention me before dis.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:52 pm Aye, and I'm still good with either Brad or Abigail rn. Will put in some time now to deliberate between the two.

I offered Quin in thinking they were the most eager to grab the lowest hanging fruit, and am curious as to if anyone agrees.
I don’t really see it that way. He should reply though, if it’s possible in his time zone before day ends in three hours.
what way do you see it then? Did you see insight as to where Quin found the low poster wolf in me?
I don’t know why he suspects you, no, and that is something he needs to clear up. So your beef is understandable.

It doesn’t strike me as a generic “LHF” move though. If Quin is mafia then at least one of the bigger wagons is town. They could be called LHF in their own right. I don’t care for vanity votes in general, so regardless of whether his vote for you qualifies as LHF, I’d say it’s less than his best moment.

Gun to my head he felt a bit contrarian.
Aye contrarian feels correct, but the vote on me feels very no consequence in nature based on who it was on.

I don't see what is LHF as wagon deterministic. Like, if this is town Abigail, I'd not say that it's an LHF wagon (maybe Brad would be).

LHF results in no consequence for the voter because of the perception of no net T loss in effort/energy as a result of that vote.
Wilgy's gripes with Quin may be a bit petty, but I think they're technically valid. For a contrary view, one could argue that Wilgy is griping about a Quin vanity vote (on Wilgy) and placing a vanity vote of his own (on Quin). I don't think I care though. Quilgy quibbles.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:29 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:47 pm Michelle
Voters: ☆Princess Abigail☆, falcon45ca, Wiml

One of these 4 names is a wolf. Spoiler. It's not me.
I’m considering a Michelle/Wiml “difference check”. That term is too strong for where I stand, but some softer version of that.
I think it could be. I know I'm town.

I don't agree with locking falcon town for such weak reasons but I am town leaning falcon.

So to me it's always Michelle or Wiml
This exchange is fascinating.

Is the dif between Wiml/Michelle solely because we hit a 4 player involved wagon early? I love these observations and calls, but have also found that being on them while making said call allows me to manipulate them as wolf.
I suggested earlier in the thread that I thought Abigail's "one in four names" approach was Wilgy-esque, so it makes sense for Wilgy to take interest.

This may give some sense of the good things for Wilgy. More broadly, I am not sure I see any bad things.
Thanks for this.

I think the most important town pings for me in the posts you quoted come from his solving posts. I like that his solving this game often doesn't seem linear and that he often seems to toy around with more out-of-the-box methods instead of jumping to a conclusion.

(I'd go more in depth but I've noticed the time and I've got stuff I need to do offline before EoD).
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 pm Than you do not know me well
Aye, not a challenge to your patterns, but a challenge to generalized town patterns. Don't know how T Abigail would respond, but I don know how 70% of everyone else as T would.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:53 pm have had an wild afternoon and need to get Ariya fast. So I have to vote now vote limey
I cannot read him one way or the other except the disappearing act is never a good sign. I'll thank Wiml for this if we get a hit but will not blame them if we don't. I do like their case and felt they have the knowledge of Limey that I just don't.
Hmmm...

If Brad is town, does W Roxy have the need to stack here sheeping the Wiml?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:14 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:11 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

I'm back and forth on the read itself I'll have to see him a second go around.

What're your thoughts on D1 now?

This might be the last post that actually had any content that we could call solving.
falcon thank you bc this really is the only thing I can point to and say maybe falc is right coupled with Wiml read of them makes me think you and others are indeed right about them.
Actually looks like Roxy was pointed this direction earlier.

Hmmmmmm...

Roxy I think remains firmly in PoE but wouldn't vote for this cycle.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:53 pm have had an wild afternoon and need to get Ariya fast. So I have to vote now vote limey
Hmmm...

My first guess would be no, though it'd be less about need and more about character. I think mafia Roxy would probably be less inclined to forgive Wiml for being wrong in advance if LC is town. It's just a small hunch though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 pm So it must be Quin, diet Pepsi and poor poor Dr wolfy.

*solved*
How dare you.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:04 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Hmmm...

My first guess would be no, though it'd be less about need and more about character. I think mafia Roxy would probably be less inclined to forgive Wiml for being wrong in advance if LC is town. It's just a small hunch though.
Aye, unless it's a team assoc. I know W Roxy is very pro teammate. Wiml/Roxy has some merit there.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Kate you make good rainbows. Where's the pretty rainbow today?

Half inclined to say you were content with dropping the Abigail read and coasting.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Skimmed Epi.

Meh, I think Epi's town but I always think Epi's town.

I think Epi/Abigail is still a perfectly viable team though and it's something to be mindful of.

Epi/Abigail doesn't work if W Kate though, so that's at least one approach we can take towards solving.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't believe I have ever seen Epignosis solely pile on his own teammate once since I joined this website. There's a first time for everything, but I doubt he's teamed with Abigail.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”