[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 118

Re: [D3] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

To answer Michelle's question, I don't have a "solve" that isn't "Not me."

I'll be back to reassess after I have fucked or fed or ate the queen or whatever my critter does. Although I think I give her presents and then let her cheat on me. :sigh:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:21 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:10 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:58 pm Please don't quickhammer overnight, going to try to put some time aside to deep dive stuff today.
Why did you push for the hammer yday?

I have no intention to vote, nor do I know who I suspect more.

and I have no mental possibility to think much at mafia in the next 24 hours
On a personal level: I was too busy to do much more in depth solving + had low WIM due to threadstate (top scumread inactive is bleh) + thought the game was reasonably likely to end with Quin.

On a group level: basically everyone had supported the hammer and in stagnant situations like this not hammering often has a long term impact on thread WIM. (Technically you can argue that hammering early deprives solving time and is bad but in practice people lose energy and often don't regain that energy at critical moments later so better to trim time that isn't being used and us just draining morale).

I was also an advocate of not hammering for as long as I felt that people were going to use the time effectively but since people didn't seem to be needing that time I considered ~24 hours to be long enough and stated that I was happy to hammer if others were.
At pesonal level I said I can play in the next day.
You ignored the fact I implyed I need time and hammered when I still had time to post.

The rest of what you said is not helpful for town and you didn't even care to answer at my what if Quin is town idea because you brushed it off with generalities like you said above about momentum, WIM, draining morale and all.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:22 pm I think hammering or not is completely NAI.

We'd pretty much agreed on it like 2 hours into the day phase lol.
Too bad, I think is AI. You agreed too fast on that and you were so happy to end rhe day and not let me talk with Jay at all.

My vote is on you in this moment.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:24 pm To answer Michelle's question, I don't have a "solve" that isn't "Not me."

I'll be back to reassess after I have fucked or fed or ate the queen or whatever my critter does. Although I think I give her presents and then let her cheat on me. :sigh:
Tyt sir, I thought a lot at the game.

Falcon died because Brad's mate was universally town read and it would be weird to have Jay killed N1 when he TR mafia.
In between, D2, Jay still most probably didn't suspect mafia and left a legacy not including them, but the last mafia was affraid of a teamwork with Jay who could make a better Poe.

I think Wiml fits perfectly in being Brad's mate.

Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:32 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:58 pm Please don't quickhammer overnight, going to try to put some time aside to deep dive stuff today.

On a personal level: I was too busy to do much more in depth solving + had low WIM due to threadstate (top scumread inactive is bleh) + thought the game was reasonably likely to end with Quin.

On a group level: basically everyone had supported the hammer and in stagnant situations like this not hammering often has a long term impact on thread WIM. (Technically you can argue that hammering early deprives solving time and is bad but in practice people lose energy and often don't regain that energy at critical moments later so better to trim time that isn't being used and us just draining morale).

I was also an advocate of not hammering for as long as I felt that people were going to use the time effectively but since people didn't seem to be needing that time I considered ~24 hours to be long enough and stated that I was happy to hammer if others were.
You ignored the fact I implyed I need time and hammered when I still had time to post.

The rest of what you said is not helpful for town and you didn't even care to answer at my what if Quin is town idea because you brushed it off with generalities like you said above about momentum, WIM, draining morale and all.
If you had explicitly said you needed time I'd have gone with it. The fact that you didn't say something outright about not wanting it when the thread had overwhelmingly been pro-hammer all day phase is something I would consider implicit confirmation you were fine with it. Sorry if a hammer wasn't the best for you on a personal level but that's not on me when you had a lot of chance to ask for us to delay and didn't.

And I mean if there's things you want me to answer then I'm happy to answer them. I considered your argument and disagreed that it was something strongly in Quin's favour and tbf I still don't think it's something that was strongly in his favour even after the flip.

I'm happy to answer any specifics but I don't know you well and it's hard to address everything you want me to address if I don't actually know that you want me to address it.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

And I fully fail to see what positives this discussion brings to the thread tbqh.

If you want to vent your frustration on things, save it for the postgamr.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:34 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:22 pm I think hammering or not is completely NAI.

Too bad, I think is AI. You agreed too fast on that and you were so happy to end rhe day and not let me talk with Jay at all.

In the nicest way possible Michelle I'm probably not going to engage with you on this further.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I thunk this push is pretty strong evidence for Michelle being town but I'm not going to discuss the reasons for why that's the case in length in the thread.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

(This was a response to your questioning of Roxy, not of me)

Pretty sure her behaviour there was completely NAI.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'll have to double check that Michelle isn't secretly a much better powerwolf than I've given her credit for but the thing she's pushing me for rn is veeeeeeery likely to come from town if you take a close look at her underlying mindset.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:50 pm

It's not NAI.
Impatiently hammering is very towny, asking left and right why people didn't vote until then.
Roxy is in my townies for that.

I remember I said I am out of town and can play the next day. Otoh I was Iso-ing for writing a post when you pushed for hammer and Roxy voted pretty fast after and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think you wanted the hammer to not lose the easy chop who was so close.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:56 pm I'll have to double check that Michelle isn't secretly a much better powerwolf than I've given her credit for but the thing she's pushing me for rn is veeeeeeery likely to come from town if you take a close look at her underlying mindset.
The question is not how good of a wolf I am now, it is how good of a town I am to prove you are a wolf

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:58 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:50 pm

It's not NAI.
Impatiently hammering is very towny, asking left and right why people didn't vote until then.
Roxy is in my townies for that.

I remember I said I am out of town and can play the next day. Otoh I was Iso-ing for writing a post when you pushed for hammer and Roxy voted pretty fast after and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think you wanted the hammer to not lose the easy chop who was so close.
Quin was never not the chop yesterday, hammer or not, nor was I the most vocal advocate for the hammer.

The timing was solely because it was close to the 24 hour mark + was waiting for Kate and was discussed a lot previously.

And even if Quin wasn't to flip that day, wouldn't shifting off of Quin and onto a person less easy to miselim have been a benefit for me as a wolf? Since Quin would never not have been elimned before me in that world anyway whereas even somebody low in the PoE like Kate if town might come back today and really town it up.

You had 24 hours to explicitly ask to hold off a hammer. I'm sorry but that simply isn't my responsibility. It was VERY clear that a hammer was happening well before that point and I gave several advance warnings before I posted.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

That's probably the last I'm willing to engage with you on this.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Because we both know that this conversation will lead absolutely nowhere constructive.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Both from a solving PoV and a threadstate / toxicity one.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I suggest if you're that confident that I'm a wolf then you just treat me as dead and flipping villager and work on the rest of your PoE for that scenario.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ - possible TMIed villager by Brad, but also my first suspicion itg. I am not sure how her town play evolved because I missed a lot of games but a sense of pride on her solve feels genuine in her posts. Not clearing because she almost won the Champs qualifier because of good tone, so she is close to my Poe

DrWilgy - I said why I think he is a villager. Probably I didn't see him wolfing more than once, but his posts reminds me of villa Wilgy. Not enough to be 100% but I will reread the Iso. He accepted fast the Quin solve, that's a minus because he should know Quin better.

Epignosis - being the interaction with Falcon, I think Epi is also spewed villager. He also should know Quin.

Kate - I will trust Roxy and Jay's sixth sense on that. Not far from Poe because not active enough but also not in the Poe for me

Michelle - town

Roxy - like I said above, a wolf of old school rarely jumps to hammer. It's maybe the most villagery thing I saw in mafia.

Wiml - failed the vibe test, pushed for hammer at the middle of the day, has a bussing attitude towards Brad - the kind of thing I expect happening if the team is formed by both of them, Brad distanced from him very active.

These are my thoughts in this moment.
Honestly we are 6 townies. It doesn't matter if I am right or wrong, if we put our brains together we can solve the game

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:06 pm Both from a solving PoV and a threadstate / toxicity one.
Are you sure you want to complain
for toxicity because I suspect you?

What's exactly toxic in what I said?

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Once again:

DO NOT HAMMER ANYONE WHILE I'M AWAY PLEASE.

There's stuff I want to do tomorrow.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:06 pm Both from a solving PoV and a threadstate / toxicity one.

No, I'm saying that if we continue this line of discussion then it's probably going to end up being toxic (I meant more "unpleasant" than outright toxic but you get the idea) as well as being useless.

That's in part because on my end I'm annoyed with some stuff and don't want to argue with you. I'm not calling you toxic.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I didn't realise you were calling Roxy's hammer villagery tbh.

I disagree but I think that Roxy is likely to be town for other reasons so, sure.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [D2] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Wiml wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:19 pm My PoE is still Quin/Epi/Kate (with Wilgy if I had to add a 4th).
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:24 pm Fwuw Epi I also don't think you're wolfing.

But I need to think over things some more.
What changed?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Let's assume that Abigail is a wolf for a moment.

What would her overall gameplan be on D1? What was she trying to accomplish? Abigail was very active on D1 so surely she had some sort of path to victory in mind, right?

Bus Brad? I think she did a relatively poor job selling it if if so with barely any real bussing at all and she even self-acknowleged that it looked partnered from her at SoD2 so I'm kind of doubtful.

Try to start a counterwagon to the w/w wagons? But that would really only seem to leave Michelle as the counterwagon and I'm struggling to see Abigail seeing her as a viable alternative to get flipped over herself and Brad.

Having no plan, sitting there and just allowing the thread to stagnate on w/w wagons and doing nothing and happily going along looking kind of surface-level partnered doesn't really seem like a winning strategy to me.

I guess you could argue at a stretch that she could he willing to gamble and hope things move away by themselves but that doesn't seem like a very Abigail thing to do tbh and there were definitely better options for somebody in her position to have gone for.

So I'm struggling to see an overarching strategy that makes sense for wolf-Abigail at all. So in a world where she's wolfing, what was she even trying to accomplish? (The answer can just be "she's not wolfing").
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:17 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 pm

No, I'm saying that if we continue this line of discussion then it's probably going to end up being toxic (I meant more "unpleasant" than outright toxic but you get the idea) as well as being useless.

That's in part because on my end I'm annoyed with some stuff and don't want to argue with you. I'm not calling you toxic.
I will wait for you to have time to play tomorrow.
I don't let you evade my questions because you can be annoyed at what I say because nothing in my push is personal and it's all in game things
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:56 pm I'll have to double check that Michelle isn't secretly a much better powerwolf than I've given her credit for but the thing she's pushing me for rn is veeeeeeery likely to come from town if you take a close look at her underlying mindset.
I am. What now?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Abigail indirect town case is noted.

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:36 pm
Wiml wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:19 pm My PoE is still Quin/Epi/Kate (with Wilgy if I had to add a 4th).
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:24 pm Fwuw Epi I also don't think you're wolfing.

What changed?
I think you're pretty villagery and Kate is individually a lot more likely to be a wolf than you rn. I also think that there's a reasonable chance that the wolf could be above you in my PoE and so want to check people out more thoroughly this day phase.

The latter point is why I very adamantly don't want a hammer.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:40 pm
I am. What now?
Would require a long time sink from me to decide how much that would affect my read and it would depend on how much better you were than I thought and if I thought you had the confidence to play like this as a wolf.

I'd probably still find this push towny in most cases though because I think the underlying logic is towny.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:44 pm

What changed?
I think you're pretty villagery and Kate is individually a lot more likely to be a wolf than you rn. I also think that there's a reasonable chance that the wolf could be above you in my PoE and so want to check people out more thoroughly this day phase.

When you have time, quote what was villagery in Epi's posts of today please

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:13 pm @DrWilgy I know you previously mentioned that you thought that Roxy wouldn't treat a wolf teammate like she treated Lime Coke. What's your confidence level on that? Is it something that you'd bet the game on?

@Kate I know you're busy but I'd still appreciate your up to date takes on Roxy / Abigail if you're free this day phase since they're people I expect you to have a lot of useful insight on if you're town (and anybody else you have a good read on).
Yeah sure. I'd lose to them if Roxy hard broke meta and then did it in a way that seems even difficult to be seen as a bus.

I think Roxy explained this already, but Roxy comes from a time where the dead don't win, thus bussing is generally frowned upon by the players of this mindset.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What changed?

I don't see how that answered my question.

"I think you're pretty villagery" is not an answer to "What changed?" between 4:19pm ET on the Day 2 lynch and 5:24pm ET on the next Day.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Hmm. Vote: Michelle
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:22 pm Quin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Epi / Kate / Wilgy

I suppose that’ll do as a “full” POE pool.
Second in the queue.

What fun to spend Day 3 convincing these dung beetles that I'm not it.

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:18 pm You are bad with Lime Coke. What do you do?

1. Create chaos in thread
2. Have Lime Coke lynch you over clever "slip up"
3. Protect Lime Coke to get through Day 1 whole
4. Try to get JJJ lynched for fun
5. Any or all of the above
6. Squander first time being bad with Lime Coke

These posts (the former in particular) gave me good vibes @Michelle

But it wasn't as much that Epi trended up (since I always had him as reasonably towny and he was just in my PoE because others were townier with better evidence backing them up and he hasn't had that) and more that I'm now putting a less weight onto Kate's one post that I was semi-clearing her on so she's no longer on a similar level of towniness as Epi for me.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:56 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:13 pm @DrWilgy I know you previously mentioned that you thought that Roxy wouldn't treat a wolf teammate like she treated Lime Coke. What's your confidence level on that? Is it something that you'd bet the game on?

@Kate I know you're busy but I'd still appreciate your up to date takes on Roxy / Abigail if you're free this day phase since they're people I expect you to have a lot of useful insight on if you're town (and anybody else you have a good read on).
Yeah sure. I'd lose to them if Roxy hard broke meta and then did it in a way that seems even difficult to be seen as a bus.

I think Roxy explained this already, but Roxy comes from a time where the dead don't win, thus bussing is generally frowned upon by the players of this mindset.
Alright, ty.

Don't suppose that you'd be willing to link me the games you're basing this off of just so I can double check for peace of mind?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That would be a significant amount of energy that I'm not willing to put forth at the moment, but maybe later.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Either way, stop hammering. It's foolish.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to try to timeline something as best as I can but work keeps calling my ass.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:08 pm

What changed?

I don't see how that answered my question.

"I think you're pretty villagery" is not an answer to "What changed?" between 4:19pm ET on the Day 2 lynch and 5:24pm ET on the next Day.
That's because I'm trying to say that there wasn't much of a change.

The only major changes in my reads overnight were that my read on Kate fell down a fair amount since I slowly stopped really believing in the EoD1 post of hers being semi-clearing and that my confidence levels on having a correct solve within my PoE decreased with Quin flipping town.

Both of those increased the individual likelihood that you are town to a still-reasonable level. My overall read on you is mostly the same as it was yesterday (minus Quin existing).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:11 pm

I'm pretty doubtful that Michelle's a hit here.

Do you have much experience playing with her?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 pm Either way, stop hammering. It's foolish.
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm going to sleep for real this time.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:12 pm ☆Princess Abigail☆ - possible TMIed villager by Brad, but also my first suspicion itg. I am not sure how her town play evolved because I missed a lot of games but a sense of pride on her solve feels genuine in her posts. Not clearing because she almost won the Champs qualifier because of good tone, so she is close to my Poe

DrWilgy - I said why I think he is a villager. Probably I didn't see him wolfing more than once, but his posts reminds me of villa Wilgy. Not enough to be 100% but I will reread the Iso. He accepted fast the Quin solve, that's a minus because he should know Quin better.

Epignosis - being the interaction with Falcon, I think Epi is also spewed villager. He also should know Quin.

Kate - I will trust Roxy and Jay's sixth sense on that. Not far from Poe because not active enough but also not in the Poe for me

Michelle - town

Roxy - like I said above, a wolf of old school rarely jumps to hammer. It's maybe the most villagery thing I saw in mafia.

Wiml - failed the vibe test, pushed for hammer at the middle of the day, has a bussing attitude towards Brad - the kind of thing I expect happening if the team is formed by both of them, Brad distanced from him very active.

These are my thoughts in this moment.
Honestly we are 6 townies. It doesn't matter if I am right or wrong, if we put our brains together we can solve the game
Wait I was town in my champs qual though

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 pm Either way, stop hammering. It's foolish.
Hammer all hammers

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Some. Not a big fan of the shade I'm seeing since SoD.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:41 pm
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
This Wilgy gets it

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:49 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Some. Not a big fan of the shade I'm seeing since SoD.
So it's not true he pushed for hammer when I said I can play next day?
What's the shade here? I am accusing him of wolfing pretty clear.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

[VOTE: Wiml] aubergine

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I said I will not vote but taking that as a shade is not corect.
It's a wolf read so I support it with my vote.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

What games we played @☆Princess Abigail☆?
The Champs game, sure, and how many other games?

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:16 pm What games we played @☆Princess Abigail☆?
The Champs game, sure, and how many other games?
A few I'm pretty sure but I don't remember specifics

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”