The Emperor's Soul [D5]

Moderator: Community Team

Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 191

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D1]

Post by Syn »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:26 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:49 am Well that was a fun catch up read.

We have 4 votes in non consensus places (including Falcons). That leaves 8 of us left to vote(and Rico has been AFK) .

For me, the three people that have votes already are off the table. Dizzy and Thunal are off the table for me since I’m townreading them both in addition to agreeing with LC.

I also town read Scotty and Syn.

That leaves my personal voting pool at Epi, Falcon, Marmot, Nutella and Rico.

I think Falcons belief that making more emotionally accurate posts by using qualifying words (for a tone reader like me) is wolfy is a bit old fashioned, but I don’t shade him for suspecting me for it. I’d rather not vote for him and I’d rather not vote for Rico since the only rationale for that would be low poster.

I think Nutella’s reaction was more frustrated than Wolfy. I also think Marmots bad and don’t see them and Nutella bad together.

That leaves, for me, Marmot and Epi. I’d prefer Marmot, but I really don’t want to spread votes too much do will consider others. I will have to vote half hour or so before EOD as I’ll be driving home when the poll ends.

I am in my late 60's

Is your SR of Epi more just a process of who's more towny, or is there something specifically wolfy you're seeing?

He has an activity litmus, and I'm not seeing him as wolf here.

Talk to me about Marmot, & Syn plz
from D1

:ponder:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D3]

Post by Scotty »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:10 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:06 pm if everyone is set on the syn/scotty/falcon POE, my interest is in picking who gets flipped after me

falcon looks more blatant than scotty, which makes me hesitate

but I felt similarly with epi and very obviously got burned on that

I am town dude, I don't have the energy level of Maf falcon
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:23 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:21 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:06 pm if everyone is set on the syn/scotty/falcon POE, my interest is in picking who gets flipped after me

is there a noticeable activity difference between alignments for you? does not seem like a tell that would work on you

Like, it's not always? But it's way more common for me to really slank as Maf
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:11 am Syn
SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

I feel pretty solid about the upper half of this list. Nutella I could still see being wrong on, but I'm very content with a townread there for now.

Solve is prolly in Rico, Thunal & I

Or is that too obvious?
S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 pm Linki town Falcon seems more spirited, for lack of a better word lol.

He's happier
are these the hallmarks of a happier, more spirited falcon? would we describe falcon as an active player that gets into the thick of it, or someone who has only placed two vanity votes thus far this game? in 3 days, he's posted less than N1-kill dizzy. he seems to fit his self-described wolf meta
I do agree with this- this sure feels like a slank falcon. He’s maybe a tad more engaged than he was in Warbreaker where he was bad, but I found that pretty weird to describe this game as not-slanky
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:51 am
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:36 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:04 am Syn, you can try and ignore me, which is your right, but I am trying to look at other options. If you’re town, I *want* to find you so we don’t have to waste a yeet
the wolf wants to "find me" too tbh

obviously the prospect of surviving and chopping the wolf today is a nice one, and it'd be cool if that happened, but I don't have nearly enough confidence in who the last wolf is to balance that against the impact my slot has on town's chances of finding that last wolf, if that makes sense. I genuinely do not see me reversing the impact of my EOD and my interactions with Epi, and the wolf understands the value of a hotly contested villager slot in the lead-up to endgame. If I don't go over today, then tomorrow will have hours spent on the exact sentiment you expressed, "it is probably just syn," and then that mischop leads straight to F3, or, god forbid, someone again goes "I'm gonna vote elsewhere" and then it's my slot in a F3. what are the chances of that going well for town? I am not associated with a minds-winning WIM in the final stretch. it's simply not my strength. my best value is in limiting what the wolf can do with the options available at the moment
So I’m just the wolf, eh?

But you’re not sure I’m the last wolf

I just…I’m trying my man. Obviously you’re putting up a wall with me and so all I can do is shrug. It’s frustrating. Im not trying to convince you I’m not bad, I’m trying to convince myself that you’re not bad, and this little charade isn’t helping.

I’ll let others talk to you and try to form a better picture looking through that window then
stop that lol

re: your color coding, that's not what the red part means. it means that the wolf has a vested interest in keeping me around, so someone town "finding me" is likely more of a help to them than it is to town. if you're the wolf, then yeah, that's what you're doing. if you're not the wolf, then you might be inadvertently helping them

ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:54 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:51 am
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:36 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:04 am Syn, you can try and ignore me, which is your right, but I am trying to look at other options. If you’re town, I *want* to find you so we don’t have to waste a yeet
the wolf wants to "find me" too tbh

obviously the prospect of surviving and chopping the wolf today is a nice one, and it'd be cool if that happened, but I don't have nearly enough confidence in who the last wolf is to balance that against the impact my slot has on town's chances of finding that last wolf, if that makes sense. I genuinely do not see me reversing the impact of my EOD and my interactions with Epi, and the wolf understands the value of a hotly contested villager slot in the lead-up to endgame. If I don't go over today, then tomorrow will have hours spent on the exact sentiment you expressed, "it is probably just syn," and then that mischop leads straight to F3, or, god forbid, someone again goes "I'm gonna vote elsewhere" and then it's my slot in a F3. what are the chances of that going well for town? I am not associated with a minds-winning WIM in the final stretch. it's simply not my strength. my best value is in limiting what the wolf can do with the options available at the moment
So I’m just the wolf, eh?

But you’re not sure I’m the last wolf

I just…I’m trying my man. Obviously you’re putting up a wall with me and so all I can do is shrug. It’s frustrating. Im not trying to convince you I’m not bad, I’m trying to convince myself that you’re not bad, and this little charade isn’t helping.

I’ll let others talk to you and try to form a better picture looking through that window then
stop that lol

re: your color coding, that's not what the red part means. it means that the wolf has a vested interest in keeping me around, so someone town "finding me" is likely more of a help to them than it is to town. if you're the wolf, then yeah, that's what you're doing. if you're not the wolf, then you might be inadvertently helping them
….how would a wolf trying to find and clear a town help their game

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

because it's mountainous, so it's not a real clear, and there's several other warm bodies that continue to harbor suspicion

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

again, the purpose would be to drag my slot along to continue being mischop bait up until the very end

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:13 am Epi iso perusing notes:
-nutella looks really good. Epi calls her mafia D1, and follows through with it on D2 by saying ‘nutella is my top pick to go today’ and then spends time on an actual case on her. You wanna talk about too on the nose, I doubt Epi spends his entire suspicion capacity pushing nutella.
nutella does look good. where i tinfoil her is that EOD really could have been designed in a lab to be a perfect townie turnabout, in a way that feels less emotionally real than SVS's approach

but this is tinfoil. it's "wow that was really good" suspicion. all the hallmarks of a successful flash wagon with a voting method that's anti flash wagon. it's Progression™ and Townie Thought Process™ dialed to 11

one minor nitpick on my end is that epi didn't really make a actual case on her. I mean. he lobbed a few one-liners at a couple quotes of hers. and that was it. "underwhelming tbh" was a very real reaction in the moment, especially since he hyped it up beforehand lol

you are indirectly on to something though with the point about epi's capacity: what was epi's goal with his play? was he just inactive and doing his best under the circumstances, or was there a specific intended result in mind?

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D2]

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:08 pm you are indirectly on to something though with the point about epi's capacity: what was epi's goal with his play? was he just inactive and doing his best under the circumstances, or was there a specific intended result in mind?
and with that in mind, and another read of his ISO, I come to the conclusion that...

there doesn't really seem to be a discernible agenda unless the intent was to WIFOM scotty

most of his posting revolved around nutella and scotty, and then banter

multiple, MULTIPLE instances of epi insisting that scotty isn't mafia though

spoilered quotes below
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:19 pm Sorry about the condescension- I’m just kinda disappointed we just lost our PRs with no real trade off and dealing with the fact that there’s nothing to solve any more and I’ve now been tricked into playing a mountainous game. I hate mountainous
Scotty isn't mafia.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:24 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:10 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:37 pm I'll focus on clearing as many people as I can and coming to a consensus vote pool.
How’s that ‘clearing’ coming?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:41 pm
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:55 pm i am back to thunal/scotty

by the lord ruler the game is solved
Why did you suspect Scotty here?
One of thunal’s random questions. Syn answered but Thunal didn’t seem to do anything with his answer.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:45 pm I'm not feeling Epi mafia anymore. I caught him from spec in that game where he was wolf with Delta and he felt different there. Here it feels like he's throwing out takes while there it felt like he had a clear agenda.
Hmmmm
Yo, check this progression:
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:27 am Hmmmm

Yeah never mind it isn't scotty

Why don't you think I believe my reads scotty?
Slightly good look for Marmot imo.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:12 pm I don't have a scumread and it's frustrating. I feel like it would be a waste to just chop the 1 poster today. I definitely don't want to chop in Scotty, nutella, Syn, Seanzie, or SVS.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:38 pm In case there's any contention, I'd rather Seanzie die than Marmot. Let's hope this is right.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
That’s the progression of someone that casts a wide net and doesn’t actually care who goes.
Marmot slightly good look > will not vote 5 names including Seanzie > voting Seanzie over marmot.

I think she forgot who she actually suspected.
I absolutely loathe this post.

At this point we were trying to find a consensus since we had a lot of spread locked votes. If you read other peoples posts from this time frame, everyone in the thread (except Nutella who was kinda mocking us, lol) we ALL were doing this. The people trying to find someone we all could agree on vs the people who wanted to default to Rico.

I kinda pushed her to vote Sean after he had gotten a third vote. He was a null for me.

This is all about how EOD went and zero about progression. Thinal, along with Dizzy, we’re considering Rico.

This usage of what happened at EOD to somehow make a “poor progression” argument on the person least responsible for Sean’s yeet is disingenuous in the extreme to my POV.

I can’t even say how much I hate this.
Too bad that Scotty isn't mafia.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:37 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:59 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 am
Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:49 am alright it's cool

epignosis seems like a fine wagon

i would also like thunal to be one
K

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Scotty/Epi partners? He pays some lip service to a me/Epi team but as soon as Marmot votes Epi, he immediately votes me. I very easily could see this as trying to save Epi.
I'm not mafia. So have fun with that.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 pm I don't think falcon or Scotty is mafia.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:03 pm I'm finally off work and can put the nutella - Scotty thing in the Viewfinder.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:05 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:09 pm Scotty
Syn

Seanzie
Marmot
Thunal

Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Epignosis
Falcon
Ricochet
Lime Coke

Off the cuff tiers. Still plenty of shifting
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:52 pm Would not vote:
Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Somewhere in between / no firm stance:
Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico
nutella seems to like Scotty so far.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:26 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:08 pm Okay, on nutella's third page, there's a turn against Scotty.

I don't see it. Sorry nut.
See what?

I don't need you to agree with my thoughts. I just wanted you to see that I had them. Since you had such a shallow understanding of my play.
I mean I have Scotty as a civilian. That's all. I'm sorry I misunderstood.

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 144

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:27 pm
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:08 pm you are indirectly on to something though with the point about epi's capacity: what was epi's goal with his play? was he just inactive and doing his best under the circumstances, or was there a specific intended result in mind?
and with that in mind, and another read of his ISO, I come to the conclusion that...

there doesn't really seem to be a discernible agenda unless the intent was to WIFOM scotty

spoilered quotes below
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:19 pm Sorry about the condescension- I’m just kinda disappointed we just lost our PRs with no real trade off and dealing with the fact that there’s nothing to solve any more and I’ve now been tricked into playing a mountainous game. I hate mountainous
Scotty isn't mafia.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:37 pm I'll focus on clearing as many people as I can and coming to a consensus vote pool.

One of thunal’s random questions. Syn answered but Thunal didn’t seem to do anything with his answer.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:45 pm I'm not feeling Epi mafia anymore. I caught him from spec in that game where he was wolf with Delta and he felt different there. Here it feels like he's throwing out takes while there it felt like he had a clear agenda.
Hmmmm

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:12 pm I don't have a scumread and it's frustrating. I feel like it would be a waste to just chop the 1 poster today. I definitely don't want to chop in Scotty, nutella, Syn, Seanzie, or SVS.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:38 pm In case there's any contention, I'd rather Seanzie die than Marmot. Let's hope this is right.

That’s the progression of someone that casts a wide net and doesn’t actually care who goes.
Marmot slightly good look > will not vote 5 names including Seanzie > voting Seanzie over marmot.

At this point we were trying to find a consensus since we had a lot of spread locked votes. If you read other peoples posts from this time frame, everyone in the thread (except Nutella who was kinda mocking us, lol) we ALL were doing this. The people trying to find someone we all could agree on vs the people who wanted to default to Rico.

I kinda pushed her to vote Sean after he had gotten a third vote. He was a null for me.

This is all about how EOD went and zero about progression. Thinal, along with Dizzy, we’re considering Rico.

This usage of what happened at EOD to somehow make a “poor progression” argument on the person least responsible for Sean’s yeet is disingenuous in the extreme to my POV.

K

Scotty/Epi partners? He pays some lip service to a me/Epi team but as soon as Marmot votes Epi, he immediately votes me. I very easily could see this as trying to save Epi.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 pm I don't think falcon or Scotty is mafia.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:03 pm I'm finally off work and can put the nutella - Scotty thing in the Viewfinder.
Syn

Seanzie
Marmot
Thunal

Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Epignosis
Falcon
Ricochet
Lime Coke

Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:08 pm Okay, on nutella's third page, there's a turn against Scotty.

See what?

I don't need you to agree with my thoughts. I just wanted you to see that I had them. Since you had such a shallow understanding of my play.
That (combined with believing Thunal was town) was part of why I took the leap of faith and voted for him. The fact that his entire catchup seemed to be about Scotty bothered me, although what that means for/about Scotty I don't know anymore. It was SO overt, in my Scotty=town mindset, I was viewing it as a set up. I know Epi can be blunt, but Epi can also be subtle, and uses his bluntness as a mask at times.

But as I said, my Scotty reader is totes fucked up, so I'm going to stop arguing either way.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Clarification: Imma stop arguing either way re Scotty w v t.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:25 pm

spoilered quotes below
Scotty isn't mafia.

Hmmmm

K

Syn

Seanzie
Marmot
Thunal

Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Epignosis
Falcon
Ricochet
Lime Coke

Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico

See what?

That (combined with believing Thunal was town) was part of why I took the leap of faith and voted for him. The fact that his entire catchup seemed to be about Scotty bothered me, although what that means for/about Scotty I don't know anymore. It was SO overt, in my Scotty=town mindset, I was viewing it as a set up. I know Epi can be blunt, but Epi can also be subtle, and uses his bluntness as a mask at times.

But as I said, my Scotty reader is totes fucked up, so I'm going to stop arguing either way.
Yeah I can’t defend how Epi talked about me. It was pretty over the top at times with how much he wanted thread to know I was town. Obviously I know it’s a TMI read but can see how suspicious that looks in the most WIFOM-y way.

In my reread, what really stands out (since I know I’m town) was that one quote where he included ‘Scotty and falcon’ as town, since he hadn’t really talked about falcon prior to that. Why did he include falcon in there?

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:44 pm

spoilered quotes below
Scotty isn't mafia.

Hmmmm

K

Syn

Seanzie
Marmot
Thunal

Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Epignosis
Falcon
Ricochet
Lime Coke

Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico

See what?

Yeah I can’t defend how Epi talked about me. It was pretty over the top at times with how much he wanted thread to know I was town. Obviously I know it’s a TMI read but can see how suspicious that looks in the most WIFOM-y way.

In my reread, what really stands out (since I know I’m town) was that one quote where he included ‘Scotty and falcon’ as town, since he hadn’t really talked about falcon prior to that. Why did he include falcon in there?
looked at the page from that post and there's no mention of falcon anywhere, in either epi's posts or anyone else's

just that random inclusion

ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Gotta admit I wrote off falcon because what wolf team comes in with the same ‘I didn’t read the rules’ strategy…but in a vacuum, looking at falcon’s iso has a lot of team equity, especially in D1.

I rechecked the Warbreaker game where he was yeeted as mafia D1 and despite what he says, he has many similarities here. Those were a bit more one-liner off handed fluffy. His D1 here was maybe a tiny bit wordier? Not enough of a difference to see him making the post about maf falcon being less active

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah ok maybe
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:44 pm

spoilered quotes below
Scotty isn't mafia.

Hmmmm

K

Syn

Seanzie
Marmot
Thunal

Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Epignosis
Falcon
Ricochet
Lime Coke

Syn
Seanzie
Scotty
Marmot

Thunal
Dyslexicon
SVS
Epignosis

Would vote:
Lime Coke
Falcon
Rico

See what?

I reread ISOs for Epis reads and I can get with that.

Just because the way Falcon came in with the insta vote felt more organic than Epis(and tbh felt like a very Falcony thing in general) doesn’t mean it’s AI. Then when I poked him for that “I don’t wish wolves well” post and he poked back at me fairly hard. As soon as I dropped it, he dropped having me in his POE.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

4 posts left for tha win less gooo

i'm viewing the interactions under a fair assumpation that Epignosis would do the following (or prefer to do so, at least under a two-wolf setup)
1. not buss the teammate, if possible
2. not suss the teammate in excess or to a point of bringing the teammate in real danger
3. defend the teammate if needed, however subtle
4. variate tone, but within range of achieving points 1 to 3

Epignosis - Syn synergy (syn-ergy get it he he)

#147 banter talk (thanks Syn for approving of his thunal vote)
#446 pitches in to Syn talk with Marmot about teammate (D1) behaviour - honestly, not a point I fully grasp or can read into
#769 banter / slight berate on Syn's manner to question, instead of debating his nutella case
#774 follows up why asking Syn to hol on till he develops a full nutella case
#777 sighs when Syn dismisses his nutella case
#965 deflects when Syn states they'd be be fine with a wagon on him
#979 replies upon Syn's change of vibe on Epig wagon
#1006 rates / reads Epig "purple"

fairly underwhelming / below average level (or amount) of interactions on Epig's behalf. it would fit more of a "ignore teammate" angle, which they also semeed to ironically exchange thoughts on. #769 felts like a poke, it could be compatible with feigning some difference of wavelength. #1006 is stinky - can't really fathom why the need to make a joke read on Syn of all

------

Syn - Epignosis synergy (syn-ergy hehe get i- oh nvmd)

#133 points out to Epig in thread that votes are locked, then jokes further
#216 vibe checks Epig yellow (below null?)
#350 pokes Epig (and falcon) on having made "vanity votes" in sync with the ongoing topics at that time
#603 notices that Epig has avoided him "all day (1)", but also defends not having followed up
#768 asks (simply) Epig why nutella is his pick
#780-784 has a chain of reactions, from "grief" to "acceptance", when Marmot votes Epignosis
#1078 jacknicholson.gif reaction to nutella stating an epig/syn wolfery

----

wow, bit surprised interactions on this side are also thin. a lot of these looks (especially the wail on Epig being voted and the rather ill-timed banter towards nutella late EoD) fairly bad for a WolfSyn, but could also within reason amount to egg-on-face for a TownSyn. make me wanna rise to my feet and yell "your honor, this is proof of guilt!", yet also ponder for an extra sec "this is suboptimal wolfmate work, could it be that suboptimal coming from Syn"

the wolf-wolf main profile would be one in which Syn just about casts suss on Epig but not really, and Epig occasionally poked and bantered to create slight distance, but nowhere near a real growl. very in your face would be the banter, the "purple" vote and Syn's reactions to players who pushed Epig into serious wagon.

======
======

Epignosis - falcon

#450 banter / berate(?) for falcon to change his debut post shtick
#463 banter react
#987 reads falcon "not mafia"
#1006 reiterates civread on falcon

falcon - Epignosis

#419 sympathetic or banter post to epig locking himself with the D1 vote
#460 somewhat rebuttal to an Epig react (of his debut post shtick), but could also constitute banter
#466 appears to conflate Epig's banter react into a statement that he is not in danger to except the post cap

----

bleargh. this is peak ignore-lane from pretty much both sides. Epig went so far as to give a read on falcon, would be compatible with avoiding to cast any suss, don't recall any actual heat on falcon at that stage, also think this is a casual read from Epig - could serve purpose, could just be thrown out there, whilst focusing on wolfreading others. Two of falcon's three direct interactions are notable serios tone - not sure I get any real need from falcon (slank mode or not) to defend in such way.

vote-wise, WolfFalcon could have done his part to go off side (off-wagons vote), early on, and not need to take a stance on bussing Epignosis.

=====
=====

Epignosis - Scotty

#141 banter deflect (implying wolfmateship with Thunal) to Scotty criticising / casting doubt on his vote-derp and immediate oops-reaction
#443 deflect to Scotty questioning Epig's reaction to his vote-derp
#470 flat out refuses upon Scotty's inquiry to expand nutella read (possible lateness of hour for Epig to take into account)
#752 reads Scotty "not mafia"
#754 open talk with Scotty on reading me wolf (or getting any info on my partner, if wolf)
#967 short rebuttal to a full SVS case on Scotty, reiterating "not mafia"
#975 deflect to Thunal putting in question an Epig/Scot team
#987 reiterates "not mafia" read on Scotty
#1001 yet another nope to reading Scotty mafia (in regards to nutella's push)

this is plentiful and interesting to ponder. first half is quite antagonistic in tone, but without any visible bite marks, no questioning of Scotty's reads and intents. then things seem to calm and even steer into town-reading him repeatedly. compatible in theory with wolfmate not creating further shade on a hounded teammate. but also compatible with choosing Scotty as one of his townreads, a prey with which not to play.

----

#139 blasts full doubt on Epignosis's string of vote-derp and oops-reaction
#142 joke gif banter to Epig's claim that he is partnered with Thunal
#203 keeps questioning if Epignosis vote-derp is reasonable wolf move
#407 willing to give Epig a pass, but states possible of wolf move
#452 would join Epig on a nutella vote
#469 asks Epig to expand on nutella read
#751 still keeps in mind early take on Epignosis
#770 still questions Epig's nutella angle
#771 but then banters to Epig poking for a debate
#791 takes in Syn's choices for Epig & Thunal wagons, and votes thunal

somewhat a similar dinamic. even more antagonistic early on - in fact, the closest to a hounding I can interpret in questioning Epig's derp and posts afterwards. then settles for a "pass". then begins to sync with Epig (potential nutella wagon). still does most of the steps one would expect, in regards to questioning Epig's reads. this part is not something that can be fully set into townScot or wolfScot - it's within expectations, but it's also an easy chore, if something needed to be faked in-thread. rather null on this.
but then, one step further than Epig's established dynamic: #791 full stinky - fully interpretable as choosing the non-wolfmate route (complete with sheeping Syn, whilst at it)

=====
=====
=====

do I feel I can clear any of these players out of a POE? not really
i'm still ok with solving either of them.

if it's worth considering a traditional narrative (wolfmates bro'ing each other), then all points to Scotty
if it's a fractured or atypical narrative, then, even admitting an imperfect analysis, it's worth considering there was much banter, much ignore and whatnot with either Syn or Falcon
worst vote / possible save attempt award goes to Syn

@S~V~S, @nutella, @Thunal33 kindly pitch in

=====
=====
Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:55 am
[SNIP OF BIGGER POST}

The Rico vs Thunal clearing is specific in context to their games. I don’t see a path to the end for Rico if he is bad if he continues to slank along making weird disjointed votes and posts. He obviously woke up from his coma after Epi died. I think that’s notable. Thunal said he’s done something like this as town in a game she played with him, and I’d still like to see it.
Meanwhile, the vote was more inclined imo to go either thunal or Epi yesterday from what I read. I know Rico *could* have been a close call, but I think it was a longshot based on remaining voters.

Your Epi quote shading Rico is a good one, although I’ll need to look at it in context because that could just be lamenting. His partner could have been able to swing votes away. At the point he posted that, (thanks to Syn), nutella then voted Thunal, and we had:
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:47 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:41 pm Me neither. But I don’t want to vote Thunal or Syn, and don’t think the case on Epi is strong.

I thought you suspected Epi?
nutella's vote forces you into picking one of the three

even if you convince me, and epi, to stack on rico, rico can just tie his wagon with either epi or thunal

--

Epi (2) - Marmot, Thunal
Syn (1) - Falcon
Thunal (2) - Scotty, Nutella

Hasn't voted: Epi, Rico, SVS, Syn
So if rico is bad, we had nut, svs and syn that could all vote for a non-wagon in rico. Rico was holding, Epi was holding. At BEST, rico was never going over. Epi was the far more likely candidate to go over.

Rico should not be cleared for this
Couple of things about this.

The quote vote state is still early, Syn voted Thunal, SVS voted Epig, I voted last, Epig never did. So I dealt with a 3-3 tie.

Hence, the only world you can paint with your angle is that I deliberately chose to not save my teammate (as in not even offer his a change to win the tiebreak toss). Furthermore, I had arrived in thread at 2-2 or 3-2 lead for Thunal, so wolf me would have had direct shot at killing Thunal. So in essence, I hard bussed only to bank on winning solo three more Day phases. Can you explain further this world's plausibility?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm of the mindset that Epi was trying to drum up suspish on Scotty with his ISO fixation on him, as well as that remark about Rico only have two posts while he had 2 votes (or whatever the exact wording was, sitting in the yard not pulling quotes on phone).

Like I said, not voting Thunal or Rico, not voting Nutella.

I'm more inclined to look at Falcon or Syn than Scotty.

When Thunal went and looked at Dont Starve, she said she didn't think Scotty tunnelled me as hard as he did her here, and I disagree. I think alot of it is perspective; it looks alot worse to the person being chased down the tunnel. That said, I'd trust her judgment over mine re Scotty this game. I got so invested in getting people to see Thunal v Scotty as T/T, I'm having problems seeing past my own case, even if its flawed, if that makes sense. I have also not seen bad Scotty afaik, so I'm only comparing him to games I've seen him town.

So at this point, I'm Falcon> Syn> and Scotty if Thunal is sure.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:39 pm In case I go over, here you go:

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Nutella - Bad (Still owe a reread though)
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad
I mean, these are the only two times Epi typed out "Falcon". Any other mention of him in Epis ISO is a quote of someone else, mostly reads lists. And he doesn't weigh in on him at all in any of those posts.

It isn't like Scotty that he addressed at length.

These are the only two people Epi calls "good", and his treatment of them is very different. He says Falcon = Good, but no where does he say why :shrug:

So, imo, one of these is likely Epis partner, and I'm more inclined to think it's Falcon.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

im ok with a falcon vote from these analyses yeah

sorry im not doing work with the rest of yall today I have a headache and stuff and feel like the poe is at least solid
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I've been gone all day today and I'll only be able to give input in a few hours.
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 115

Post by falcon45ca »

Bonjour!

How are we all feeling today?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:22 pm

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad
I mean, these are the only two times Epi typed out "Falcon". Any other mention of him in Epis ISO is a quote of someone else, mostly reads lists. And he doesn't weigh in on him at all in any of those posts.

These are the only two people Epi calls "good", and his treatment of them is very different. He says Falcon = Good, but no where does he say why :shrug:

So, imo, one of these is likely Epis partner, and I'm more inclined to think it's Falcon.

It's not.

I'm not sure if scum Epi puts his teammate in his TRs actually...Nutella is an interesting read in his list

How does Epi treat that slot?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:53 am
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:23 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:21 pm

is there a noticeable activity difference between alignments for you? does not seem like a tell that would work on you

Like, it's not always? But it's way more common for me to really slank as Maf
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:11 am Syn
SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

I feel pretty solid about the upper half of this list. Nutella I could still see being wrong on, but I'm very content with a townread there for now.

Solve is prolly in Rico, Thunal & I

Or is that too obvious?
S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 pm Linki town Falcon seems more spirited, for lack of a better word lol.

He's happier
are these the hallmarks of a happier, more spirited falcon? would we describe falcon as an active player that gets into the thick of it, or someone who has only placed two vanity votes thus far this game? in 3 days, he's posted less than N1-kill dizzy. he seems to fit his self-described wolf meta
I do agree with this- this sure feels like a slank falcon. He’s maybe a tad more engaged than he was in Warbreaker where he was bad, but I found that pretty weird to describe this game as not-slanky

I don't feel slanky, tho it may appear so to others...I'm free and easy to engage, and that's something that I have more trouble duplicating as Maf
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

What kind of nugget Wolf team gives each other TRs in the way Epi and I did?

I do not do that as wolf
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:43 am I am probably going to vote for Scotty

@Thunal33 I think the seemingly too on the nose hard defense route is actually quite plausible for Epi to take.

On the other hand I also thought the "Syn - purple" was a bad look, not a good one.

It is between the two for sure. I think Scotty feels more like a wolf by play today (and find him overall easier to retrofit as wolf than syn). Plus there was the prior confidence I had on him d2 for... some other reason. And my prior confidence was right on Epi so might as well listen to it again.
It's certainly possible re: the hard defense. About the Syn being purple, it's a small thing that some wolves tend to have a hard time singling out their partner in a readslist but Epi might be willing to do that.

I'm currently leaning that Syn looks worse from recent interactions.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

@Scotty this is the game where Rico stepped up a lot d3.

viewtopic.php?t=2526

He put in more effort d1 and d2 than he did here, but it was still a huge effort difference once he decided to pick it up.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad

It's not.

I'm not sure if scum Epi puts his teammate in his TRs actually...Nutella is an interesting read in his list

Really bad. Like throughline has been advocating yeeting nutella all game

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:06 pm

@Thunal33 I think the seemingly too on the nose hard defense route is actually quite plausible for Epi to take.

On the other hand I also thought the "Syn - purple" was a bad look, not a good one.

It is between the two for sure. I think Scotty feels more like a wolf by play today (and find him overall easier to retrofit as wolf than syn). Plus there was the prior confidence I had on him d2 for... some other reason. And my prior confidence was right on Epi so might as well listen to it again.
It's certainly possible re: the hard defense. About the Syn being purple, it's a small thing that some wolves tend to have a hard time singling out their partner in a readslist but Epi might be willing to do that.

What about his interactions Ping you?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:11 pm @Scotty this is the game where Rico stepped up a lot d3.

viewtopic.php?t=2526

He put in more effort d1 and d2 than he did here, but it was still a huge effort difference once he decided to pick it up.
Lol I even modded that game. I truly don’t even remember it.

So I see the patented, well-formatted breakdowns he did in D1, but outside of that, it seems like a completely different rico. I wonder if he replicates that sort of deepdive thing as bad. I would assume he would just to keep up appearances.

Obviously the idea here is that he just hasn’t had time to devote to this game until just now, I just find the timing fishy.

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:12 pm

I read his posts about wanting to die as performative. He spent so much energy talking about that he's not a wolf but he still wants to die that my instinct was that he was doing reverse psychology. I'm not so confident about that now that I've caught up because this post read as genuine to me:
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:35 am
what is with this disingenuous rewriting of my behaviour today? first scotty, now you? I have poked at ISOs, mused on behaviours, but the only thing that gets brought up is "sacrificial lamb" when I have very clearly explained the logic of my approach and nobody has been able to actually argue against that logic except by throwing shade and mocking me. scotty makes sense why he'd do that, but I don't grok why you would hop on that train as well

"reverse psychology" when it's other people going "hmm maybe I will vote elsewhere actually :keys: " which just means if you end up picking someone else, and they flip green, we'll just be back here tomorrow doing this entire "oh maybe it's syn!!!!!" thing again and wasting time until F3. every minute spent being paranoid about me is a minute spent not actually hunting the wolf, and in a mountainous game and with these interactions, it's extremely unlikely that I talk my way back into a solid town read. and the effort required to do so, again, means it's effort not going into finding the wolf.

I have no idea how I can explain the logic better so that people understand it, and it is frankly baffling

stop tinfoiling me. remove "syn could be a wolf after all" from your mind. embrace that I am the pick for today, and solve for who is left with that in mind. it limits the maneuverability of the wolf and completely eliminates an entire avenue of WIFOM and chaos. we have the leeway to make this choice today, but we do not tomorrow. a wolf can do a lot for their own survival if the longevity of my slot is up for debate. remove the debate. force them into navigating a world they are likely uncomfortable with.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:16 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:11 pm @Scotty this is the game where Rico stepped up a lot d3.

viewtopic.php?t=2526

So I see the patented, well-formatted breakdowns he did in D1, but outside of that, it seems like a completely different rico. I wonder if he replicates that sort of deepdive thing as bad. I would assume he would just to keep up appearances.

Obviously the idea here is that he just hasn’t had time to devote to this game until just now, I just find the timing fishy.
He did say he went to a concert, but his uptick was in part game motivated regardless because he even said "now there's a shot i kinda wanna play". I think either he was energized by a mafia flip or he was making a last stand effort and I'm leaning the former. I still don't think wolf Rico believes voting Epi is a winning strategy. After doing nothing for 2 phases and being floated often as an elim option, I really doubt he believes he could deepwolf and get 3 mislims.
ImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

you should vote me then

do I have to start pretending to lolcat to make this happen or something. why is it so hard to reason with you all

any time I explain the thought process it just gets ignored until someone else inevitably chimes in with another case on me (cheers for that rico), proving the thought process correct repeatedly. time that could have been spent on doing something actually useful for town

you even quoted the explanation after this post! are the men in black cornering each and every one with you with a neuralyzer to make you forget my posts right after reading them. is agent j around. can i speak with him

ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:21 pm

I read his posts about wanting to die as performative. He spent so much energy talking about that he's not a wolf but he still wants to die that my instinct was that he was doing reverse psychology. I'm not so confident about that now that I've caught up because this post read as genuine to me:
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:35 am
what is with this disingenuous rewriting of my behaviour today? first scotty, now you? I have poked at ISOs, mused on behaviours, but the only thing that gets brought up is "sacrificial lamb" when I have very clearly explained the logic of my approach and nobody has been able to actually argue against that logic except by throwing shade and mocking me. scotty makes sense why he'd do that, but I don't grok why you would hop on that train as well

"reverse psychology" when it's other people going "hmm maybe I will vote elsewhere actually :keys: " which just means if you end up picking someone else, and they flip green, we'll just be back here tomorrow doing this entire "oh maybe it's syn!!!!!" thing again and wasting time until F3. every minute spent being paranoid about me is a minute spent not actually hunting the wolf, and in a mountainous game and with these interactions, it's extremely unlikely that I talk my way back into a solid town read. and the effort required to do so, again, means it's effort not going into finding the wolf.

I have no idea how I can explain the logic better so that people understand it, and it is frankly baffling

stop tinfoiling me. remove "syn could be a wolf after all" from your mind. embrace that I am the pick for today, and solve for who is left with that in mind. it limits the maneuverability of the wolf and completely eliminates an entire avenue of WIFOM and chaos. we have the leeway to make this choice today, but we do not tomorrow. a wolf can do a lot for their own survival if the longevity of my slot is up for debate. remove the debate. force them into navigating a world they are likely uncomfortable with.
I’m with you. I’ve actually been thinking he might just be town. Lol if he is actually using reverse psychology, because well done.

I can see his town perspective, even if he has been absolutely putting up a wall with me today

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:27 pm

viewtopic.php?t=2526

He did say he went to a concert, but his uptick was in part game motivated regardless because he even said "now there's a shot i kinda wanna play". I think either he was energized by a mafia flip or he was making a last stand effort and I'm leaning the former. I still don't think wolf Rico believes voting Epi is a winning strategy. After doing nothing for 2 phases and being floated often as an elim option, I really doubt he believes he could deepwolf and get 3 mislims.
he didn't do anything all of d1 tho, before any flips to consider

ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

How do you currently feel on Rico, Scotty? Because I have a concern that you're trying to expand the PoE by including him.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

viewtopic.php?t=2526

If wolf Rico doesn’t do that, what other strategy do you see him employing that he can feasibly get to the end?

Because all I see is fodder that has to eventually get eliminated

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Syn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:32 pm

you should vote me then

do I have to start pretending to lolcat to make this happen or something. why is it so hard to reason with you all

any time I explain the thought process it just gets ignored until someone else inevitably chimes in with another case on me (cheers for that rico), proving the thought process correct repeatedly. time that could have been spent on doing something actually useful for town

you even quoted the explanation after this post! are the men in black cornering each and every one with you with a neuralyzer to make you forget my posts right after reading them. is agent j around. can i speak with him
I'll decide who to vote later. I'd like to find the wolf and if I read someone as wolf with reasonable confidence, I want to vote them.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:37 pm How do you currently feel on Rico, Scotty? Because I have a concern that you're trying to expand the PoE by including him.
The thing about a POE is that it’s a process of elimination. In my reread I started feeling like something was off about Rico’s play.

My current POE I think is between Rico and falcon, and then Syn.

Is that too expansive of a POE?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

With a 3 person POE:
It’s 6v1. Misyeet today, 4v1 tomorrow. Misyeet, we’re in lylo at 2v1.

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:38 pm

viewtopic.php?t=2526

If wolf Rico doesn’t do that, what other strategy do you see him employing that he can feasibly get to the end?

Because all I see is fodder that has to eventually get eliminated
Assuming wolf Rico didn't play the game the first 2 phases, I think if he had voted me and then put in effort d3 he'd still have a shot at surviving longer. They'd only need to get 2 mislims and they would have 2 people to do it. Epi's only interaction with Rico was also a decent look for him. It gave me the tone of "why elim me when you could elim Rico".
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:42 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:37 pm How do you currently feel on Rico, Scotty? Because I have a concern that you're trying to expand the PoE by including him.
The thing about a POE is that it’s a process of elimination. In my reread I started feeling like something was off about Rico’s play.

No, a 3 person PoE is winning but the consensus PoE also includes you. If you're town and have a correct PoE of 2, you can afford to be in that PoE. However if you were a wolf and got Rico, Falcon, and Syn eliminated you would win.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:42 pm

No, a 3 person PoE is winning but the consensus PoE also includes you. If you're town and have a correct PoE of 2, you can afford to be in that PoE. However if you were a wolf and got Rico, Falcon, and Syn eliminated you would win.
That’s true

I mean I’m definitely deserving of being in the general POE based on our interactions. It’s just that I’m actually town and am looking to just end it.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad

It's not.

Really bad. Like throughline has been advocating yeeting nutella all game

How seriously has Nut actually been considered by the rest of the roster?

That just screams of partner distancing
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Scotty I have an exercise for you.

Let’s say Rico just fell off the edge of the earth.

GTH, Syn or Falcon?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:57 pm @Scotty I have an exercise for you.

GTH, Syn or Falcon?
Atm? Falcon

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:13 pm

GTH, Syn or Falcon?
Atm? Falcon
Also, if what you say is true, rico would have a lot in common with the creator of the segway

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I don't think Epi bussed or substantially distanced from his teammate. His main suspicion was Nutella, and the fact he seemed to be trying to convince Nutella here and appease her as well as push her makes me comfortable with Nutella as town.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:33 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:47 pm Y'all should have voted Epi. Perhaps we should do that today in honor of Dizzy.
I'm not mafia and I think you know that. But knock yourself out.
If it were Epi/Scotty Epi would have defended Scotty, while Scotty would have distanced with Epi. That in itself is a plausible dynamic, but Epi knew he was getting sus and might flip and hard defended Scotty anyway. If it is WIFOM it's suboptimal WIFOM because most people are more likely to suspect people that hard defend each other than to call it a good look. I think it looks slightly good for Scotty.

Anyone in the old school Syndicate crowd, might Epi/Scotty have a special dynamic with each other? Because I know I was burned making a similar read in the Art Upick game when all the SDNers randed wolf and hard defended each other, but I don't think there's the same dynamic here.

If Epi disconnected from his teammate then his teammate would be Syn, Falcon, or Rico. There's some pointless banter between Epi and Syn, like this:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:03 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:58 pm nutella is my top pick to go today. Discuss.
why
I said discuss. Not ask questions.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:38 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:37 pmunderwhelming tbh
:sigh:
I don't think it's a good look for Syn because it felt like Epi needed to interact with him and I think that's more frequent with a partner. Putting Syn as "purple" in his readslist I thought looked good at first glance, but I can see it as part of this need to banter with Syn.

Falcon is an almost pure disconnection. Epi said Falcon and Scotty weren't mafia once, and then put Falcon as good in his readslist. There's not the same need for banter as with Syn, the post almost felt like "oh I have to mention Falcon" which could go either way.

Epi/Rico would also have a disconnecting strategy, but this post gave me a vibe of "look, Rico only has 3 posts, don't elim me"
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:27 pm Ricochet has three fucking posts and I have two votes. Amazing.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

GTH, Syn or Falcon?
Now you:
GTH Syn or falcon?

Scotty
Jeff