@Zenon - posts

Deceased

@Lemonfairy - posts - Mars, town; Eliminated on Day 1
@RondoDimBuckle - posts - Jupiter, town; Killed on Night 1
@potentialsheltervet - posts - Venus, town, Eliminated on Day 2
@Epignosis - posts - Uranus, town; Killed on Night 2
@falcon45ca - posts - Earth, town, Eliminated on Day 3
@Ricochet - posts - Mercury, town; Killed on Night 3

Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long.

The game is mountainous. There are 9 members of the town faction and 2 members of the mafia faction. Everything is ordinary with respect to day eliminations and night kills.

Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Game rules and guidelines

Spoiler: show
Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything. This game has no roles.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be chopped. If a majority vote is reached (next integer above 50% the number of living players), the day phase will end immediately. There will be no majority vote in effect on Day 1.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the chopped player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Sample town role card:

You're town.

The game begins at 9:00 PM EDT tonight (Wednesday) the 24th of May. You may access the game thread here (click).
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Solar System Mafia [pre-game]

Post by Scotty »

Hello astronomers and celestial bodies!

I'll be your helpful mod for the game, and along with me is DrWilgy, who will be training on modding for this game. What does this mean for you? Well, it means you have two different people you can reach out to during the game if you need some help. What kind of things can we help with? I'm glad you asked! If you run into a situation where you find yourself getting really frustrated or upset, turn to us instead of venting in the thread. If another player is behaving disrespectfully in the thread toward you or another player, contact us instead of letting it become an argument in thread. Basically any interpersonal issue you might have with another player or the host, please reach out to us.

Here's how to do that:

Scotty
Discord ID: dustin#1927
Click Me
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4)

DrWilgy
Discord ID: DrWoogerZ#3638
Click Me
Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Please note that discord is changing their username system, so it might not be a bad idea to add one or more of us as friends or look for us in The Syndicate discord server if this contact changes mid-game. I'll try to let you know if a change happens, but I'm not sure how quickly I will know about it.

During the game we may reach out to you for a few different reasons.
- If we think you seem frustrated
- If someone else was behaving disrespectfully towards you
- If you break the rules or act disrespectfully with another player

Just remember that hearing from us doesn't necessarily mean you are in trouble. We use pro-active moderation here, which means we don't wait for someone to complain, we try and employ moderation and arbitration skills at the first sign of possible conflict. The goal is a fun experience for everyone.

JaggedJimmyJay has provided the important documents to understand the culture and expectations here at TS, I would ask you to review it and if you have any questions, please reach out to me.

One specific area that has been troublesome of late is surrounding the insulting of others' intelligence. We ask you to refrain from using language that insults the intelligence of another player. There are plenty of ways to tell someone you disagree with their case or their logic without telling them they are dumb, stupid, asinine, etc. Insulting another player's intelligence is the kind of thing that exacerbates an already frustrated situation, so this won't be allowed.

That's all I've got for you so have fun and good luck!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Solar System Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Game will open shortly. Bear with me while I struggle on my phone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Epignosis
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@Lemonfairy
@Porscha
@potentialsheltervet
@Ricochet
@RondoDimBuckle
@Roxy
@Thunal33
@Zenon

Day 1 begins immediately, and you may begin posting. I will provide some actual flavor when I am able to use my computer. Have fun and play respectfully!

Be aware that the day ends in 48 hours a few minutes after 9 pm EDT. This ends with an exclamation mark because I can’t effing get it off without deleting code!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please be sure to call your votes in the thread when you place them in the poll. This is a rule in my games. No sneaky ninja voting please and thank you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Hi everyone! This is my first forum game in a year and a half, I'm excited to be back!
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Looks like I'm the only one here. There's a lot of new faces for me so if everyone I don't know could tell me a brief description of who they are as a player and their playstyle that would be great.
ImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

No, you're a wolf
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: Thunal33] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:09 pm No, you're a wolf
Thanks for giving me info about how you play.
ImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

Well, howdy, y'all. I seem to stumbled into this here... what do you call it? A "mafia game." The cattle won't need movin' for 'nother coupla months or so, and the crops ain't ripe for pickin'. 'Spose I have some time on my hands.
Bear with me, folks. I cain't hardly write my own name but by golly, let's have us a lil round of fun. Just like spittin' in the crick with my friends growing up while the bullfrogs sang 'fore they all died of cholera.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Howdy wolf [VOTE: PS] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Thunal33 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:39 pm Looks like I'm the only one here. There's a lot of new faces for me so if everyone I don't know could tell me a brief description of who they are as a player and their playstyle that would be great.
I migrated from SDN for the crossover game and they haven't found a pesticide that works to get rid of me yet.
My playstyle is best described as inconsistent and unpredictable. Sometimes I am really good at this game and sometimes it hurt itself in its confusion
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:26 pm Howdy wolf [VOTE: PS] aubergine
[VOTE:

Wolf? If there's a wolf 'round these parts, you'll know. I heard one's ghostly howl the night it lurked outside my cabin door. Snatched my mother the next morning. Bit her right on the hand. My pa scared it off with a broom and saved her life. Til she caught the hydrophobia n ran off screaming into the woods.]
aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 111

Post by Epignosis »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:39 pm Looks like I'm the only one here. There's a lot of new faces for me so if everyone I don't know could tell me a brief description of who they are as a player and their playstyle that would be great.
I'd rather tell you how I would prefer other people play.

Since I am a civilian, I would like civilians to engage early and often, even if you are wrong. The quickest way to a civilian loss is silence.

As of now I have Thunal also as a civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:26 pm Howdy wolf [VOTE: PS] aubergine
[VOTE:

Agreed. [VOTE: Post Script] aubergine]
aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Vote tag colors the entire post. That's a minor problem. @Marmot
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

*towny lemon noises*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Test:

I am voting for bacon.

[VOTE: I am voting for JJJ.] aubergine

I am not voting.
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

very nice
I have stylishly entered thread
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Busted tag in quoted post. Disregard @Marmot

Sorry to tag you twice.
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

bye
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:50 pmbye
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:45 pm
I'd rather tell you how I would prefer other people play.

Since I am a civilian, I would like civilians to engage early and often, even if you are wrong. The quickest way to a civilian loss is silence.

As of now I have Thunal also as a civilian.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Trying to look busy doing nothing [VOTE: Epig] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:59 pm Trying to look busy doing nothing [VOTE: Epig] aubergine
[VOTE:

Doing nothing? I'll help you out.

If anything, please use the vote tag correctly.

There should be a closed vote tag at the end of your vote. Otherwise the post looks ghastly, like this.]
aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

Like so.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I really dont like how [VOTE: Lemon] aubergine joined, said nothing and left [VOTE: ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

gn everyone, see you tomorrow!
ImageImage
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 165

Post by Porscha »

this is kind of an insanely poggers player list tbh
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

not really, how?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:39 am not really, how?
? are you responding to my comment about the player list? I like it, that's how
ricochet and epi are awesome, i'm glad I get to play another game with them
I love lemon and zenon and falcon
newer player on ts in psv and welcome backomer to thunal

and then there's that guy, "rondodimbuttckle" *squints*
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lest I leave out roxy and fs, I haven't played with fs in a long time so that's nice, and I get to play with roxy some more since my last event was cut short :)
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

yeah I dont buy this entrance from [VOTE: porscha] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Ricochet »

Oh sun, of this great world both eye and soul!
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 pm Hi everyone! This is my first forum game in a year and a half, I'm excited to be back!
I'm so excited to play with you ^^
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Interesting that Zenon hasnt answered Thunals meta question despite being "bored" in almost every game I have played with them [VOTE: Zenon] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:37 am this is kind of an insanely poggers player list tbh
You are insanely poggers

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:39 am not really, how?
? are you responding to my comment about the player list? I like it, that's how
ricochet and epi are awesome, i'm glad I get to play another game with them
I love lemon and zenon and falcon
newer player on ts in psv and welcome backomer to thunal

and then there's that guy, "rondodimbuttckle" *squints*
I love you more. Wanna pocket me.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:20 am Interesting that Zenon hasnt answered Thunals meta question despite being "bored" in almost every game I have played with them [VOTE: Zenon] aubergine
[VOTE:

I'm not bored right now ^^]
aubergine

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

What the fuck

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:38 amWhat the fuck
LMAO
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

rondo just saw me get [redacted] in [redacted] and thinks i'm being too nice to be town
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

my meta is that i'm polarized
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha town ^^

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

zenon are you trying to pocket me by saying i'm pocketing you and then implying you are being pocketed by me b/c now i'm town for nothing
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

good luck figuring out what that means, doesnt make sense to me when I read it
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Ricochet »

As I gaze through the belt of rocks and vote post debris, I wonder why Rondo skipped me in their vote-poke reactions.

Phony much?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

he doesn't appreciate your poetic way of speaking
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:13 am zenon are you trying to pocket me by saying i'm pocketing you and then implying you are being pocketed by me b/c now i'm town for nothing
Yes but it's okay cause I am town this game

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

If this vote is boiled down to omgus i will lose my mind

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”