i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:40 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
Who are those 4 people? :popcorn:
Dizzy, jack, epi maybe, Roxy maybe, wilgy maybe, svs maybe. I used to be good at reading thunal but that was like a decade ago.
Dizzy is an easy read?
I mean

Kinda?

Maybe easy isn't the right word but I have a strong track record of getting them right so 🤷‍♀️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Let's take another look at LP's opener for a minute:
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.
This is the post from Thunal that I believe LP is referring to:
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:11 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:47 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal33] aubergine for continuing to lurk, what are you even doing?
Waiting until I had time to actually get into the game. I'm actually trying a new strategy where I don't do as many snap reads until I have some level of confidence in them.
GTH on Scotty, Delta, SVS, Jack, Seanzie?
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

People are more likely town than scum by default and nobody's dipped below the 50% likely to be town threshold for me. You and Seanzie are slightly >rand town.
Looking at it in context, LP's post is even more weird. Thunal's post isn't even a read, it's a simple statistical statement, and accusing that of "TMI" feels really artificial, not to mention that even if true someone having a lot of townreads is a weird reason to wolfread them. LP's post gets worse the more I look into it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:48 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:44 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm

Dizzy, jack, epi maybe, Roxy maybe, wilgy maybe, svs maybe. I used to be good at reading thunal but that was like a decade ago.
What are your actual reads of them?
Dunno, don't have them yet
If you are truly strapped for time, why not just choose one of them, look at their ISO, and tell me how you feel about it?
There isn't enough for me to make a confident read on any of them yet
Then make an unconfident read, I don't care
I don't do those lol
Then just tell me how you feel about them, it doesn't have to be a read. Or at least do something, just posting about how you're going to be inactive is no better than actual inactivity.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm I can see two conclusions from this:

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

Both are believable at this point.
If Scotty is a wolf I don't see that being his angle. Most wolves, especially those who are strapped for time, tend to just focus on making themselves and possibly their partners look good rather than try to prevent a towncore.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 pm Let's take another look at LP's opener for a minute:
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal33] aubergine for continuing to lurk, what are you even doing?
Waiting until I had time to actually get into the game. I'm actually trying a new strategy where I don't do as many snap reads until I have some level of confidence in them.
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

People are more likely town than scum by default and nobody's dipped below the 50% likely to be town threshold for me. You and Seanzie are slightly >rand town.
Looking at it in context, LP's post is even more weird. Thunal's post isn't even a read, it's a simple statistical statement, and accusing that of "TMI" feels really artificial, not to mention that even if true someone having a lot of townreads is a weird reason to wolfread them. LP's post gets worse the more I look into it
Tbf, I made a couple actual townleans after that post and that could be what LP is talking about.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:57 pm

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

If Scotty is a wolf I don't see that being his angle. Most wolves, especially those who are strapped for time, tend to just focus on making themselves and possibly their partners look good rather than try to prevent a towncore.
Jumping on a post an insinuating others should scumread it is probably the lowest-effort wolf activity. But I'm starting to see that Scotty's probably town. Going after all three "active" players, and not trying to jump on at least one easy slanker target, etc.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:58 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 pm Let's take another look at LP's opener for a minute:
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

Tbf, I made a couple actual townleans after that post and that could be what LP is talking about.
That still makes no sense, every town player worth their salt has "a couple actual townleans", how is that worth jumping on?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:48 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:44 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm

What are your actual reads of them?
Dunno, don't have them yet
If you are truly strapped for time, why not just choose one of them, look at their ISO, and tell me how you feel about it?
There isn't enough for me to make a confident read on any of them yet
Then make an unconfident read, I don't care
I don't do those lol
Then just tell me how you feel about them, it doesn't have to be a read. Or at least do something, just posting about how you're going to be inactive is no better than actual inactivity.
I feel that I might take a nap. A power nap.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

[VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

I do have a feeling of what NANOOK is getting at, and if not, there's always D2 (although I am holding you to your word that you'll actually show then). But LP is always a good use of my vote in this game.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:00 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:58 pm
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

That still makes no sense, every town player worth their salt has "a couple actual townleans", how is that worth jumping on?
It's not good reasoning, but I'll wait a bit to see if LP is actually wolfy.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:59 pm

Jumping on a post an insinuating others should scumread it is probably the lowest-effort wolf activity. But I'm starting to see that Scotty's probably town. Going after all three "active" players, and not trying to jump on at least one easy slanker target, etc.
I'll probably defer my Scotty read today to people who have played with him a lot longer than I have.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:01 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:59 pm

I'll probably defer my Scotty read today to people who have played with him a lot longer than I have.
Lame, I don't have a lot of experience with him or most people in the thread. But you should be able to read something from his progression
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:45 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:47 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:34 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:29 pm Delta is mafia.
Why?
Because the host said so.

Try to keep up.
Sorry, apparently I'm behind. Can you walk me through the hosts rationale for randing Delta scum?
Let me know how you have a rationale for randomizing this or that.
@leetic , Imma make a GTH/cold read :omg:

I think Epi is town. I don't know that I agree with him, but his tone is "IDGAF" and he thinks more about how he sounds when he's bad, imo.
It amazes me that you can make this call on three posts. I'm getting soft I tells ya.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My take on Delta was real, but I can't find the evidence to back it up.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:41 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

although. I hate canada geese
I would like to amend this leetic opinion

leetic reminds me heavily of psypsypsypsypsythe from MU

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them
Are you saying leetic IS psypsypsypsypsypsypsythe?
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Slight suspicion here. He seemed too concerned with making sure people didn't think he got the info that he was last from wolfchat and responding to leetic without doing much else.
Too concerned? I'm not the one that brought it up. The last part is true I guess, I know I haven't done much yet. I just got here.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:52 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
Who are those 4 people? :popcorn:
Dizzy is an easy read?
I mean

Kinda?

Maybe easy isn't the right word but I have a strong track record of getting them right so 🤷‍♀️
I have never found Dizzy to be an easy read, if I recall correctly. What does their scum game look like?
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

I strongly agree with this: "accusing that of "TMI" feels really artificial". Although it goes so far into 'dubious' territory that it starts to confuse me. I don't see how anyone could genuinely think that's what your post revealed, so why would a mafioso try that as a ploy... you know? It must be a prod. He's looking for reactions?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:56 pm My take on Delta was real, but I can't find the evidence to back it up.
Do you have any actual thoughts?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:01 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:57 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them because iirc Psy only randed town when I played with him so I want to see the chaotic nature applied with a scum mindset
EBWOP
What are your thoughts on LP?
only upon reading this question did I in any conscious manner be aware that I was quoting LP

is my thought on LP
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:29 pm Delta is mafia.
Why?

Try to keep up.
Sorry, apparently I'm behind. Can you walk me through the hosts rationale for randing Delta scum?

I think Epi is town. I don't know that I agree with him, but his tone is "IDGAF" and he thinks more about how he sounds when he's bad, imo.
It amazes me that you can make this call on three posts. I'm getting soft I tells ya.
Yeah, you should be getting solid suspicion from the get-go until at least Day 3 when you are... majority voted. :biggrin: What do we call that these days?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:01 pm

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them because iirc Psy only randed town when I played with him so I want to see the chaotic nature applied with a scum mindset
EBWOP
only upon reading this question did I in any conscious manner be aware that I was quoting LP

is my thought on LP
What do you think of their mention of you?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:56 pm My take on Delta was real, but I can't find the evidence to back it up.
Are you kidding me, setting this up for Epi like that? XD XD XD
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:02 pm

EBWOP

is my thought on LP
at the time, nothing

I can produce a reaction for you now if that's what you're asking for
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm Good night, friends.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You probably do need to try this game.

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
hmmmm
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

how weird to heist games get
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:44 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:38 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:35 pm Which means

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
Hell of a lot better than a self-vote, but any reasons?
I have seen Epig lean forward and try as town. I have seen Epig lean backwards and not do anything as mafia.

I think it's too early to make any judgement about him here, really. But I might as well move my vote there.
This is a big fat nothing burger (which is what bean burgers are).
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:03 pm

EBWOP

is my thought on LP
at the time, nothing

So far, the closest thing you have to a read is that I have "ironic performativity". Is that really all you have to say?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

oh eh no I had a brain fart about poes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bourbon > Canadians
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:05 pm

EBWOP

is my thought on LP
at the time, nothing

So far, the closest thing you have to a read is that I have "ironic performativity". Is that really all you have to say?
yep
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
hmmmm
Hmmmm?

Is there any reason why you felt the need to quote that post?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:02 pm
Why?

Try to keep up.

Yeah, you should be getting solid suspicion from the get-go until at least Day 3 when you are... majority voted. :biggrin: What do we call that these days?
Long Conned.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:05 pm
Bourbon > Canadians
[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:04 pm

I have seen Epig lean forward and try as town. I have seen Epig lean backwards and not do anything as mafia.

I think it's too early to make any judgement about him here, really. But I might as well move my vote there.

Your play this game has been a big fat nothing burger.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

There's the "I'm going to be different this time around" coupled with "I'm going to say nothing about Epignosis, vote him, not vote him, etc."

Dyslexicon isn't a civilian this time around I'm sorry to say.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:06 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:02 pm

Try to keep up.

Long Conned.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:05 pm
Bourbon > Canadians
[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:04 pm

Your play this game has been a big fat nothing burger.
Fun.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How's it going, brother? Just like old times! :noble:
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:06 pm

@Thunal33 Wink wink
hmmmm
Hmmmm?

yep
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:09 pm How's it going, brother? Just like old times! :noble:
I wish! I stay busy but work weekends and evenings now. No longer a teacher (I think I told you that already). I'm a professional writer!

Do miss the old days of double fisting The Syndicate AND Mafia Revolution. Those were good times
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:10 pm

@Thunal33 Wink wink
hmmmm
Hmmmm?

yep
Care to reveal it and not respond with a one-liner?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:11 pm

@Thunal33 Wink wink
hmmmm
Hmmmm?

yep
scroll up
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm

@Thunal33 Wink wink
hmmmm
Hmmmm?

yep
scroll up
One-liner.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm

hmmmm
Hmmmm?

yep
scroll up
One-liner.
yep
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Anyway, in case you don't know, I only really play at night anymore.

Tomorrow I'm not even going to be home.

I'll be available a few hours before the deadline.

My current biggest suspect is Dyslexicon.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 pm Anyway, in case you don't know, I only really play at night anymore.

What's your read on Long Con?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What up Epi?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, other current opinions:

S~V~S is fine.
Seanzie is fine.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm What up Epi?
Shit in the middle east.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 pm Anyway, in case you don't know, I only really play at night anymore.

What's your read on Long Con?
No take yet. Good guy. Probably excellent sandwiches.

Return to “Previous Heists”