Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 3

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:20 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:15 pm So iterate to me Delta, why SVS?
SVS was EOD jitters from me because I had been dead set on LC for pretty much all of yesterday, and the pushback around that had been pretty consistent & my push seeming not too solid? So I got scared :wowee: I dont like to be stubborn about things and was worried I was tunnelled for no reason. Went to SVS for a bit since that was the other counterwagon & didn't want Jack to die there.

Except that really didnt feel right since I said before that I didnt think SVS/LC worked together, it was tied so I went back to LC to break tie & to actually follow my own reads
I can believe this coming from you.

Now how do you feel about Jack following?
I think Jack's town, I dont think 2 wolves would stack on Pyxxy EOD1 with v/v wagons as is? It's a weird VC if so, it's not really clearing for either of Jack/Pyxxy but I feel comfortable with that read. I think the latter half of D2 he got a lot townier & I think LC's comment about how he didn't understand the Jack wagon is genuine.

And yeah my EOD's are always rough, since a lot of the game is played like. Last 10 minutes most of the time. It's scary x_x So I'm either always way too stiff or way too jittery when it comes to how I go about EOD. I think EOD1/EOD2 actually show both of those if you contrast them :,D
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 248
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:30 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:06 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:08 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 pm Leetic nk also means lc wagon >rand clean btw. Maybe one maf at most but I want to assume easy game where it's clean.
Mmm what do you make of what I'm saying about LC not voting his bigger CW and Jack not voting LC.
Quote it and tag me lol
That sounds like a lot of work I'm not gonna do tbh
Reasonable tbh that's why I didn't just look it up myself
This is why I love you lol
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 2

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Roxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:48 pm [VOTE: SVS] aubergine

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:50 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:49 pm
Is this in any way influenced by Roxy's vote on SVS?
Yes in that 2 votes are better than 1. Roxy didn’t like convince me to suspect SVS.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm That is kinda a townie post from SVS, isn’t it?

I did not sway your vote with mine yet-----2 votes are better than one? How is this townie? Your thought process over SVS did not feel genuine and felt instead like you trying to save LongCon's ass. You went in with a couple of pulled quotes from SVS and when Thunal showed you how it was so very townie you even agreed it was townie posts.
Jack you are bad and I find that sad bc as a townie you can decimate people with their posts and show just how anti town or townie they are. You have done neither this game.
Delta wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:51 pm [VOTE: SVS] aubergine

I'll mull over the LC vote overnight since I'm more than a little worried about that

I'm also worried ab SVS being town because that means I went and locked them town then panicked when it mattered which is

rough but shrug

EOD is stressful ;_;
This is the perfect example of Delta's play this game. Not digging it at all. Flip Floppy. Goes anywhere but LongCon until it was obv he was getting elimmed.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm Phone check-in. Not caught up but voting SVS to self-pres.
The only SVS vote I understand bc it is coming from a baddie toward a townie.
Imagine you have votes and one of your light townreads has votes. None of your suspects have votes. You've put a vote on your suspects and nobody has followed you.

Then somebody out of nowhere puts a vote on one of your suspects and dips. Now, you can have a 2 vote wagon on a suspect.

That's what happened to me. That's all I meant by your vote convincing me to vote SVS or whatever. It made SVS a more viable suspect than Wilgy or you or Nanook (though I don't think I ever really expressed suspicion towards Nanook. He's more just POE).

When Thunal showed me townie posts from SVS and I agreed they were townie...I moved my vote. Like that post where I say it is townie is at 4:59 with a 5:00 deadline. That's not contradicting my voting record. It's supporting my voting record because it's the reason I changed my vote. I didn't even call my vote until right after the fact because I was worried I'd miss the deadline.

Honestly, I find your pushes on me and Delta right now to be the biggest reason to scumread you outside of POE.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:25 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:11 am I might legit self vote if it saves Wilgy at EoD
:kadaj:

LC and Wilgy refused to self preserve against each other yesterday. I think they may be partners.
Wilgy wasn't around these are false equivalents
No no.

You're supposed to say "Wilgy wasn't even a wagon. That's why he didn't self preserve" and then I'm supposed to say "And neither was I at EOD."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:36 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:11 am I might legit self vote if it saves Wilgy at EoD

LC and Wilgy refused to self preserve against each other yesterday. I think they may be partners.
Do you think I was around or aware that I was even a wagon?

Also if this is true, why wouldn't LC push me over? I'm quite literally the goon to be bussed if I am scum?
You weren't a wagon. That's the joke.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:36 pm

Do you think I was around or aware that I was even a wagon?

Also if this is true, why wouldn't LC push me over? I'm quite literally the goon to be bussed if I am scum?
You weren't a wagon. That's the joke.
I understand now, thank you, you are wonderful.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:47 pm @Jackofhearts2005 you said you knew you were condemning LC to die with your vote on Wilgy, but were you concerned about last minute switches? LC wasn’t in the lead by much and someone could have switched from LC to you or SVS before you could react.
I mean, I was a bit concerned, which is why I removed my vote. Plus not wanting to be voting a player I didn't want dead at all (SVS) at EOD.

My change, the last vote change, caused LC to be at 4 and SVS and myself to be at 2. The only way anybody but LC goes over is if 2 off wagon people vote SVS or Jack or if somebody switches off LC and onto SVS or Jack. With 1 min to go.

But like yes, you are right. The mechanically correct thing to do in that situation is to vote LC. Just as there's no ethical or strategic justification for voting third party in an election or refusing to vote instead of the main party candidate that you think is better if you dislike both candidates, there's no ethical or strategic justification for voting Wilgy over LC in that moment. But people vote third party or refuse to vote all the damn time. I did that in this game. I voted "my conscience" instead of the strategic best vote. In my defense, I had less than a minute to decide after changing my read on SVS and it ended up not mattering anyway.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I want the solve to be "It's Wilgy because his play yesterday wrt my slot and Leetic's was bad and it's Roxy because she is trying to open up the POE by pushing Delta and myself (and Abby? maybe not) and it's not Nanook because he's relatively comfortable with the gamestate compared to the other two players in the POE and it's not anybody else because you are very smart, Jack, and you correctly townread everyone else for smart boy reasons."
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:42 pm I want the solve to be "It's Wilgy because his play yesterday wrt my slot and Leetic's was bad and it's Roxy because she is trying to open up the POE by pushing Delta and myself (and Abby? maybe not) and it's not Nanook because he's relatively comfortable with the gamestate compared to the other two players in the POE and it's not anybody else because you are very smart, Jack, and you correctly townread everyone else for smart boy reasons."
Can you talk to me about these reasons? Even if it's just a brief thing for everyone, I'm at a somewhat similar point to what you are myself so I just want a sanity check if anything & a second voice to see where our thoughts differ \o/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 89

Post by S~V~S »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:07 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:23 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:54 pm The reaction to the claim, especially the meta analysis on Abi I just think SVS actually believed.
Well yeah, there's zero reason for her to do that bad. Is there an issue with that?

I don't want to vote Wilgy, and I would prefer not to vote Roxy until I hear she's back in the saddle. Even if the game mod hadn't announced her problem, i don't believe Roxy is one to lean on irl to get out of a bad spot in games. So Roxy is off the table for me.

I'll do a more in depth thing, but i still think Jack and LC could have been associated.

I am reading LC, and am a bit confused about his time line.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:16 pm Surprised to see three votes on Jack right now, making him the leading wagon. Didn't realize he had picked up that kind of steam, especially now when he's looking better than ever. :shrug:
"Better than ever?" that's an odd thing to say.

LC at 3:16, then he made a "busy bbl" later post like a minute later.

Next post is his vote post at 5:59:25, less than a minute to EOD. At that time, I had 2 votes, Roxy and Jack. Jack had two votes, Abigail and Wilgy. LC had 4 votes. So no vote he made could have been self pres. Had I not moved my vote from Jack, that might have been self pres.

At 5:59:36 Jack moved his vote from me to vanity. Not sure if moving to LC at that point would have been a good look since LC was already dead, basically, with 30 seconds left in day, and Thunal making a fairly big effort to point out how I likely wasn't bad, he didn't want to end up on me with the dead baddie when it was all over.

This feels a wee bit like a chatroom panic to me. I am not sure that that association I felt I saw with LC and Jack when I was reading Jack isn't actually there.

So imma reverse myself and [VOTE: Jack] aubergine again.

I'll read more tonight, and try to point out where I see the associations.
Can you like reword that first sentence about me
I'm not sure what you mean? I don't see any reason for a bad Abigail to do what you did. Do you mean "do that bad"? I meant that as "do that *if* bad".

Catching up to @'s then I'll read.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:19 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:54 pm The reaction to the claim, especially the meta analysis on Abi I just think SVS actually believed.
Well yeah, there's zero reason for her to do that bad. Is there an issue with that?

I don't want to vote Wilgy, and I would prefer not to vote Roxy until I hear she's back in the saddle. Even if the game mod hadn't announced her problem, i don't believe Roxy is one to lean on irl to get out of a bad spot in games. So Roxy is off the table for me.

I'll do a more in depth thing, but i still think Jack and LC could have been associated.

Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:16 pm Surprised to see three votes on Jack right now, making him the leading wagon. Didn't realize he had picked up that kind of steam, especially now when he's looking better than ever. :shrug:

Next post is his vote post at 5:59:25, less than a minute to EOD. At that time, I had 2 votes, Roxy and Jack. Jack had two votes, Abigail and Wilgy. LC had 4 votes. So no vote he made could have been self pres. Had I not moved my vote from Jack, that might have been self pres.

At 5:59:36 Jack moved his vote from me to vanity. Not sure if moving to LC at that point would have been a good look since LC was already dead, basically, with 30 seconds left in day, and Thunal making a fairly big effort to point out how I likely wasn't bad, he didn't want to end up on me with the dead baddie when it was all over.

This feels a wee bit like a chatroom panic to me. I am not sure that that association I felt I saw with LC and Jack when I was reading Jack isn't actually there.

Moving off you and onto Wilgy (or LC, if I had voted there) both prevent a buzzer vote on you from tying with the LC wagon.

If you wanna be like “Jack bussed his wolf partner, LC, in the end” fine. But like you said, LC didn’t have a real opportunity to self preserve onto me because you were the counterwagon, not me, and while I didn’t technically “self preserve” against LC (cause I wasn’t the counterwagon), my vote was against LC at eod.
You *were* the buzzer vote; you voted with less than 20 seconds, 10 seconds after LC voted for me. As I said, it looks to me like you just didn't want to end up on the same wagon as bad LC, and voting for LC after he was basically yeeted is never a good look, it's a civ cred move. So you moved to a vote that wouldn't have any bearing on the results, and would be ostensibly more defensible than a vote for me or LC. Since I didn't post it, it's possible LC didn't realize I moved my vote off of you.

You can spin it anyhow you like, but a vote for Wilgy is not a vote for LC. I kinda do think he was your partner. Imma read back after finishing my @'s.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:17 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:14 am
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:32 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:56 am This is apparently where I'm at right now. Feels weird, but it is what it is.

Epignosis
leetic

Dyslexicon

Jackofhearts2005
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Delta
Roxy

S~V~S
Thunal33
pyxxy
DrWilgy

Long Con

LinearPoint
Scotty
I also think continuing to sheep Seanzie is correct lol.
You keep saying this, but LP and Scotty were both town. I just skimmed you, but can you tl;dr me why you voted Wilgy? A Wilgy who floats and doesn't add much the first few days is generally town Wilgy in my experience. Plus he's said a few things that I tend to see as town Wilgy recently.
LP and Scotty being town is part of why I think it holds more weight. If Seanzie had 2 mafia in his townreads and only kind of scumread Long Con, mafia wouldn't have a lot of reason to kill him overnight. If he had 2 mafia PoEd (LC and someone else), mafia would have a lot more reason. I don't think every NK was killed for good reads but I think Seanzie probably was at least in part and sheeping him worked with Long Con.
Ok, that's understandable. If I were bad and low on this list, on Day One, I doubt i would NK Sean since he was the only list iirc. But that's me.

Is that why you voted Wilgy?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:29 am

I'm a little confused by your first sentence. I just had the thought you seemed genuine in your Abi analysis and grabbed a post I read as towny.

I feel like this is an easier game, not a harder game. Jack knew LC was dying when he voted Wilgy, so the play as a wolf would just be to bus LC and ride the cred. Him making a big deal about not wanting to self pres on a townie as town makes him look so level 1 bad that I don't think it's a strategy for scum to win the game. I do have some tinfoil on him but I don't want to vote him today.
I worded it badly. It would read better as "Well yeah, there's zero reason for her to do that if she were bad". And it has been my experience that people who look too wolfy to be a wolf usually are wolves lol. Plus bussing LC after he clearly became the lynch leader looks performative and bad, I think voting LC would have been the worst vote he could have made with 20 seconds left in the poll.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This ^^
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:43 pm You *were* the buzzer vote; you voted with less than 20 seconds, 10 seconds after LC voted for me. As I said, it looks to me like you just didn't want to end up on the same wagon as bad LC, and voting for LC after he was basically yeeted is never a good look, it's a civ cred move. So you moved to a vote that wouldn't have any bearing on the results, and would be ostensibly more defensible than a vote for me or LC. Since I didn't post it, it's possible LC didn't realize I moved my vote off of you.

You can spin it anyhow you like, but a vote for Wilgy is not a vote for LC. I kinda do think he was your partner. Imma read back after finishing my @'s.
Voting Wilgy is not as good as voting for LC, which would have been "never a good look."

I'm not sure what you would have had me do. You seem tunneled. But it's okay. We're gonna win anyhow.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Right now I'm currently at:
- Thunal town
- Epi town
- Pyxxy town
- Jack town
- SVS probably town
- Abi probably town

I'm very lost on Roxy's push on me but I dont think it's inherently scummy? & I do think Nanook/Wilgy both feel kinda eh here but I worry it's more of a presence thing than a genuine scum thing so if I could get a sanity check from someone on that I'd appreciate it \o/

If anyone disagrees w these, let's talk, I can explain all of these so I'm fine to run through why I'm reading people a certain way
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:14 pm Please save me.

The Astros are down 2 games and I've had Gwen Stefani stuck in my head for the past 48 hours 😭
are you actually asking us to feel bad for the astros
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:25 pm

The Astros are down 2 games and I've had Gwen Stefani stuck in my head for the past 48 hours 😭
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:03 pm If anyone's around actually just ping me because I wanna get some sort of back and forth going over just shouting to the void ;_; it's how I work best
am I too late
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:36 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:25 pm

legally speaking I need advice

how long do I have to put my tinfoil aside

mostly because it's making solving outside that impossible for me because I keep looking for associations so really I'm asking for like a hypnosis snap in post form
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I caught up fully before writing that to make sure I didn't miss anything

but I think Roxy's catchup shows a serious level of caring. I guess for OOG reasons if she literally just has more time to kill. but then Abigail is just continuing to lean on the post she made post-rescind. like idek what the flip changed in her world view. jack still scum, roxy still scum, willing to die to defend Wilgy (that post is 99% likely a joke and I think I'm just too mindfucked to laugh)

so like. someone slap me
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

oh and I'm also still scum, I figured that was implied but better to spell things out
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I guess maybe Roxy's just picking up it post-getting sussed

but my original sus on roxy was wrong since check rescinded (+ leetic flipped town)

I don't think the scum motivation makes sense to draw out a fight with leetic there and roxy tends to speak from the heart ime but I guess I haven't seen scum roxy (insert request for SVS or someone not concussed to link me a game)
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:37 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:03 pm If anyone's around actually just ping me because I wanna get some sort of back and forth going over just shouting to the void ;_; it's how I work best
am I too late
A little x_x though if you have any thoughts you want a second opinion on then post them & I'll get back to you tomorrow \o/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:42 pm I want the solve to be "It's Wilgy because his play yesterday wrt my slot and Leetic's was bad and it's Roxy because she is trying to open up the POE by pushing Delta and myself (and Abby? maybe not) and it's not Nanook because he's relatively comfortable with the gamestate compared to the other two players in the POE and it's not anybody else because you are very smart, Jack, and you correctly townread everyone else for smart boy reasons."
Can you talk to me about these reasons? Even if it's just a brief thing for everyone, I'm at a somewhat similar point to what you are myself so I just want a sanity check if anything & a second voice to see where our thoughts differ \o/
Almost forgot to respond to this.

Abby - Town for the red peek thing that ultimately resulted in Long Con's death. Just generally you don't see wolves do crazy fancy pants plays to get their teammate killed. I disagree with Abby's worldview today but she's town.

Thunal - Early LC detractor. Her solving around my slot feels very honest. (I'm biased, here.) Went out of her way to get me to see SVS as town, ensuring LC was yeeted. Generally agree with most everything she's said, some before she says them and some by being convinced. Surely town.

SVS - This post is particularly townie https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 7#p1078007 but she's also just got some town mindset interactions with Leetic and Abby. She's tunneled on me but her push on me doesn't feel agenday. If Roxy is a wolf (likely through POE alone), Roxy and LC both voting SVS is a super good look.

Pyxxy - LC voting his teammate D1 in the way he did would be kinda weird. The case was actually bad, though. It made sense in a vacuum but after thinking about it for two seconds, it was just bad. Wolves don't tend to make up bad arguments against teammates. They just use real ones. In general, Pyxxy's solving around Abby has felt honest if misguided. I don't detect anything else that could even be construed as a wolf attempting to open the POE. Like he's flat defending me. Town.

Delta - You've seemed honest throughout the game. Your tone and mindset just look incredibly townie. You bounce votes and are sometimes like "wait no that's not where I should be voting actually" and it feels like an actual change in opinion, not some wolfy gear shifting. Being shaded by Roxy is a potential good look.

Epi - This is hard to explain. Sometimes both alignments Epi feels like he's treading water. This tends to be because of real life stuff so sometimes, I get suspicious of town Epi. I can't always read him. However, there's a thing he only does as town and that's when he looks like he's hunting for wolves. It's not about activity level or antagonism but a hunting attitude. You can see it in his posts about Long Con this morning like here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 8#p1078548. There's a bit of it D1 as well like here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 5#p1077815 where it feels like his investment is from a town mindset. And this post here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 2#p1078262 reads as an honest town though. It's not impossible for Epi to be a wolf but I'd be super surprised if he was.

Jack - Shoes of a townie. YEAH!

So that's where I get to my pretty confident 3 player POE of Wilgy, Roxy and Nanook.

From there, Wilgy's play yesterday was pretty gross. His continuing to push me reads as a wolf who doesn't know what to do so is just hammering on the same points. Roxy looks like she's attempting to open the POE with dishonest pushes. Nanook is just like weeee whatever. So of my 3 player POE, I think 2 of them are doing scummy things and one is like existing.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:59 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:37 pm
am I too late
A little x_x though if you have any thoughts you want a second opinion on then post them & I'll get back to you tomorrow \o/
*gestures at my posts*

I'll just take (tomorrow) your digestion of what Jack just posted, I don't have anything more interesting
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Roxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:50 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:49 pm
Is this in any way influenced by Roxy's vote on SVS?
Yes in that 2 votes are better than 1. Roxy didn’t like convince me to suspect SVS.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm That is kinda a townie post from SVS, isn’t it?

I did not sway your vote with mine yet-----2 votes are better than one? How is this townie? Your thought process over SVS did not feel genuine and felt instead like you trying to save LongCon's ass. You went in with a couple of pulled quotes from SVS and when Thunal showed you how it was so very townie you even agreed it was townie posts.
Jack you are bad and I find that sad bc as a townie you can decimate people with their posts and show just how anti town or townie they are. You have done neither this game.
Delta wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:51 pm [VOTE: SVS] aubergine

I'll mull over the LC vote overnight since I'm more than a little worried about that

I'm also worried ab SVS being town because that means I went and locked them town then panicked when it mattered which is

rough but shrug

EOD is stressful ;_;
This is the perfect example of Delta's play this game. Not digging it at all. Flip Floppy. Goes anywhere but LongCon until it was obv he was getting elimmed.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm Phone check-in. Not caught up but voting SVS to self-pres.
The only SVS vote I understand bc it is coming from a baddie toward a townie.
Afaik, Delta is more pro CFD than me and some other people in this list and I saw him get cold feet at EoD in his qualifier. He went back on LC when he didn't have to, he still pushed LC, and his thoughts for a lot of the game have been the same as mine even when I hadn't voiced the thoughts yet. I'm pretty comfortable calling him town.

Jack is in tinfoil territory for me. I don't think most wolves, under the pressure of EoD, continually resist either bussing LC or taking a hard stand defending him. I also don't think most wolves make the vanity vote he did for Wilgy. However, I agree there's not as much clearing for him as there is for the people in my towncore.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I also like that Jack is sussing Wilgy today. I think he's the most likely wolf by a decent amount and should be the elim today. If he flips town, then I'd be more swayed to think the game isn't easy.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 pm Thunal stop having more posts than me by like 5
Done, now it's 7.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:51 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:29 am

I'm a little confused by your first sentence. I just had the thought you seemed genuine in your Abi analysis and grabbed a post I read as towny.

I feel like this is an easier game, not a harder game. Jack knew LC was dying when he voted Wilgy, so the play as a wolf would just be to bus LC and ride the cred. Him making a big deal about not wanting to self pres on a townie as town makes him look so level 1 bad that I don't think it's a strategy for scum to win the game. I do have some tinfoil on him but I don't want to vote him today.
I worded it badly. It would read better as "Well yeah, there's zero reason for her to do that if she were bad". And it has been my experience that people who look too wolfy to be a wolf usually are wolves lol. Plus bussing LC after he clearly became the lynch leader looks performative and bad, I think voting LC would have been the worst vote he could have made with 20 seconds left in the poll.
I don't get why voting LC would look performative and bad. When there are a lot of votes, I'd think voting your partner at the last second would look a lot less conspicuous and a lot less bad than vanity voting.

Is it some Syndicate meta I don't know that jumping on late to a partner's wagon looks bad?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Night 1

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:32 pm
Roxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:58 am I want to pull Delta quotes and Thunal quotes but I'd also like to ask LongCon why he ignored my responses to his posts.
I didn't ignore them, I read them. I just didn't have any follow-up, your answers were acceptable. :shrug: I just looked back at them again and I don't have a follow-up for it, thank you for answering and I'm sorry you felt ignored. :hugs: Abi's reveal kind of took over the mindscape a little probably.
I think this is a slight good look for Roxy btw. Her catchup looks fine, but I don't like her SVS vote or her "I'm bad, bye" post so she's in my PoE.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I feel very comfortable calling Abi, pyxxy, and Delta town. Epi and Jack are probably town but are my "hard game" tinfoils. SVS I almost feel comfortable townlocking and her being maf would take more tinfoil than Epi or Jack but I don't quite have the same confidence as with Abi, pyxxy, or Delta.

I have the same immediate PoE of Wilgy, Roxy, and Nanook.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Actually I might look into my tinfoils before Nanook if the game turns out to be hard. Nanook has some small tonal things that I think make him more likely town like his reaction to the redcheck and I think him sheeping me is a good look. Me giving my scum game link was a sort of reaction test to see if he hedged on me and he didn't which I think is slightly good.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:21 pm Thems all my notifications...

I was going to vote Thunal and put a sleepy emoji indicative of me going back to sleep.

But then I thought "wouldn't it be funny if Thunal actually was W again" then I thought "I don't think Thun wants to be wolf, I shouldnt laugh at their potential misfortune" and now I feel bad. Thunal you have my support!

I may be back later. I may not. Who knows. I don't know. Someone please inform me.
I reread some of Wilgy's ISO and this one post is a decent look for him. Having this thought sequence about me being a wolf is easier than pretending to have this thought sequence.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:16 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 pm Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
Nice wagon you're joining. What will you do when I flip town?
Probably cry a little.

Maybe eat dinner. EoD is around that time.

Then look at your reads and see if they take me somewhere.

Oh also figure out who started the wagon on you.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:27 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
Oh.

Okie dokie. Let's yeet Jack

[VOTE: Jackoftarts] aubergine
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:45 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:32 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
Oh.

I'll join you, better wagon than the current biggest one [VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Hell yeah, let's goooooo
If Jack is town, which I'm leaning that he is, this jump on looks terrible. Wilgy also took some time to say what would happen if leetic flipped town in response to their question isntead of something like "well you were red checked". He knew about the check, but if he didn't catch up a lot why would he know there was a real chance leetic would flip town?

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Why would my response to "what if I'm town" be "well your not"? That undermines the entire point of Lwetic asking me that.

Gross reason to vote me.
I don't like him jumping to saying this was a gross reason to vote me. When I showed my town entitlement in the thread he backed off pretty quick and I easily see him thinking I was unpushable.

About that post about me actually randing wolf, I feel like his thought would be stronger than "what if she randed wolf again" and that wasn't even his first thought.

I hope I don't switch between tunneling and cold feet on Wilgy all day tomorrow.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I feel like if Wilgy is mafia, it's with a low activity partner. I don't think he OMGUSes me if he has inside info that I'm not pushable from someone who's caught up on everything.
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 pm Leetic nk also means lc wagon >rand clean btw. Maybe one maf at most but I want to assume easy game where it's clean.
Mmm what do you make of what I'm saying about LC not voting his bigger CW and Jack not voting LC.
Quote it and tag me lol
You have terrible taste then xD
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:30 pm

No no.

You're supposed to say "Wilgy wasn't even a wagon. That's why he didn't self preserve" and then I'm supposed to say "And neither was I at EOD."
Except you were so these are still false equivalency

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:07 am

Can you like reword that first sentence about me
I'm not sure what you mean? I don't see any reason for a bad Abigail to do what you did. Do you mean "do that bad"? I meant that as "do that *if* bad".

Catching up to @'s then I'll read.
Yes thank you that's what I needed

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 pm I caught up fully before writing that to make sure I didn't miss anything

but I think Roxy's catchup shows a serious level of caring. I guess for OOG reasons if she literally just has more time to kill. but then Abigail is just continuing to lean on the post she made post-rescind. like idek what the flip changed in her world view. jack still scum, roxy still scum, willing to die to defend Wilgy (that post is 99% likely a joke and I think I'm just too mindfucked to laugh)

so like. someone slap me
Explain to me why my worldview needs to change when I'm right?

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

pyxxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 pm oh and I'm also still scum, I figured that was implied but better to spell things out
Meh I'm clearly not on you anymore

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:13 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 pm Thunal stop having more posts than me by like 5
Done, now it's 7.
That's the opposite of what I want

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:16 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:27 pm
Quote it and tag me lol
You have terrible taste then xD
Nah I'm the goat

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Wilgy are you town?

This is important

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:11 pm

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
Probably cry a little.

Oh.

Oh.

Hell yeah, let's goooooo
If Jack is town, which I'm leaning that he is, this jump on looks terrible. Wilgy also took some time to say what would happen if leetic flipped town in response to their question isntead of something like "well you were red checked". He knew about the check, but if he didn't catch up a lot why would he know there was a real chance leetic would flip town?

Why would my response to "what if I'm town" be "well your not"? That undermines the entire point of Lwetic asking me that.

Gross reason to vote me.
I don't like him jumping to saying this was a gross reason to vote me. When I showed my town entitlement in the thread he backed off pretty quick and I easily see him thinking I was unpushable.

About that post about me actually randing wolf, I feel like his thought would be stronger than "what if she randed wolf again" and that wasn't even his first thought.

I hope I don't switch between tunneling and cold feet on Wilgy all day tomorrow.
It's posts like this that kinda make me think he is town. He'll be licking people or only posting the words yes/no, and someone votes him for what he considers an invalid reason (and when you're town, is there ever a valid reason?) and he comes in and :meany: at them in this way.

Wilgy and LC had almost no interaction. LC asked him if he was gonna play and Wilgy kinda Wilgied it off. Normally this would be kinda red flaggish for me, but Wilgy actively interacts with teammates in thread, he's the best at that kind of distancing. I don't see LC/Wilgy as viable, even without the :meany: tell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:15 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:14 pm
Almost forgot to respond to this.

Abby - Town for the red peek thing that ultimately resulted in Long Con's death. Just generally you don't see wolves do crazy fancy pants plays to get their teammate killed. I disagree with Abby's worldview today but she's town.

Thunal - Early LC detractor. Her solving around my slot feels very honest. (I'm biased, here.) Went out of her way to get me to see SVS as town, ensuring LC was yeeted. Generally agree with most everything she's said, some before she says them and some by being convinced. Surely town.

SVS - This post is particularly townie https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 7#p1078007 but she's also just got some town mindset interactions with Leetic and Abby. She's tunneled on me but her push on me doesn't feel agenday. If Roxy is a wolf (likely through POE alone), Roxy and LC both voting SVS is a super good look.

Pyxxy - LC voting his teammate D1 in the way he did would be kinda weird. The case was actually bad, though. It made sense in a vacuum but after thinking about it for two seconds, it was just bad. Wolves don't tend to make up bad arguments against teammates. They just use real ones. In general, Pyxxy's solving around Abby has felt honest if misguided. I don't detect anything else that could even be construed as a wolf attempting to open the POE. Like he's flat defending me. Town.

Delta - You've seemed honest throughout the game. Your tone and mindset just look incredibly townie. You bounce votes and are sometimes like "wait no that's not where I should be voting actually" and it feels like an actual change in opinion, not some wolfy gear shifting. Being shaded by Roxy is a potential good look.

Epi - This is hard to explain. Sometimes both alignments Epi feels like he's treading water. This tends to be because of real life stuff so sometimes, I get suspicious of town Epi. I can't always read him. However, there's a thing he only does as town and that's when he looks like he's hunting for wolves. It's not about activity level or antagonism but a hunting attitude. You can see it in his posts about Long Con this morning like here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 8#p1078548. There's a bit of it D1 as well like here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 5#p1077815 where it feels like his investment is from a town mindset. And this post here https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 2#p1078262 reads as an honest town though. It's not impossible for Epi to be a wolf but I'd be super surprised if he was.

Jack - Shoes of a townie. YEAH!

So that's where I get to my pretty confident 3 player POE of Wilgy, Roxy and Nanook.

From there, Wilgy's play yesterday was pretty gross. His continuing to push me reads as a wolf who doesn't know what to do so is just hammering on the same points. Roxy looks like she's attempting to open the POE with dishonest pushes. Nanook is just like weeee whatever. So of my 3 player POE, I think 2 of them are doing scummy things and one is like existing.
That particularly towny post is also spectacularly wrong :haha: and kinda embarrassing. And yeah, bad SVS tries not to say pedantic lecturey things like that when she knows its wrong.

Roxy was in the hospital and she voted me becasue she knew I could deal with that. I 100000% think she would not do that if she were bad (I originally wrote "do that bad", I have to get that wording out of my head), use our irl friendship as a chip or ploy in a game. Nuh uh.

For reasons as stated in my last post, I also think Wilgy is not bad. I can't ever read nanook, he always comes across as kind and vaguely disinterested regardless of alignment, so I'll sheep Abigail on this.

And yeah, I guess i am tunnelling you. But lots of tunnels have a baddie at the end, and tunnelling by itself is not automatically wrong.

Also re pyxxys day one vote, if I don't want to end up on the townie, I vote a teammate when it's feasible to do so. Makes for excellent distancing on Day 3 when someone says, "LC voting his teammate D1 in the way he did would be kinda weird". Pyxxy isn't on my active radar, but that's a naive reason to exclude someone from suspish imo, kinda wifomy.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:19 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
oh nice, I was about to attempt to tag-summon you with a meh question, but you're naturally here

but while I have you

what's your experience with Long Con?
We used to date but are still good friends.
This stuff. Jack slanked the answer and pyxxy didn't respond to it in any way, like they didn't really care what the response was, but rather was just trying to generate thread content.
I'm quoting this to remember to get back to it tonight. There is something about this ... it just got my attention.

bbl, gotta get ready for work.
☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:27 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:11 pm

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
Probably cry a little.

Oh.

Oh.

Hell yeah, let's goooooo

Gross reason to vote me.

It's posts like this that kinda make me think he is town. He'll be licking people or only posting the words yes/no, and someone votes him for what he considers an invalid reason (and when you're town, is there ever a valid reason?) and he comes in and :meany: at them in this way.

Wilgy and LC had almost no interaction. LC asked him if he was gonna play and Wilgy kinda Wilgied it off. Normally this would be kinda red flaggish for me, but Wilgy actively interacts with teammates in thread, he's the best at that kind of distancing. I don't see LC/Wilgy as viable, even without the :meany: tell.
See SVS gets it svs is the real goat

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You’re freaking me out a bit Abigail.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:01 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:15 am thoughts:

@☆Princess Abigail☆ I wish you would get rid of the stars so it would be easier to mention you it's a pita to first find one of your posts then copy/paste a star so I can get your mention to pop up. Is there an easier way? Please tell me if there is.

Your "red check" gambit read like one of your self called Woof God style of play. I did not like it and never once thought it was legit. Can't believe how many people suckered into it lol obv gambit is obv. I should have voted you last day but delaudid kept me from thinking clearly, right now in between pain killers I am going to try and post thoughts on everyone.
I still think you could be woof you'll have to show me you are not with your posts and votes which so far have not changed my mind.

Wish I would have been more involved but leetic's style was off putting to me so i paid little attention and didn't give one fuck about the game. I am trying to do better.
Everyone thinks I'm a wolf only after I accuse them I'm noticing lol

Anyways I dunno the stars are built in to my mobile keyboard so I can access them easily. I was given the option to use them on site when I changed my name and they are a part of my identity online really so I took them. It's a pain but they are also important to me. I read every post so honestly I'll see anything directed at me anyways

This isn't how I wolf. I'm a good wolf I don't make gambits as wolf I hunker down get town read and live. This is town me. I have never fpsed as wolf but i've done it several times as town including in a game on web dip when i subbed in and didn't want to read. In that game I fake claimed doc and held the claim for 3 days until the real one died. Than I was swiftly executed. Even though it was pretty obvious I had done it to provide doc cover.

Anyways. No I don't wolf like this. You know I don't wolf like this. I'll kill myself if town will listen to me when I die but this isn't it and it's weird that you didn't sus me for my obvious wolf gambit till I called you a wolf

LOL
Probs bc I did not care about your read of me as you have yet to ever call me town when I'm town you only call me town when I've been bad. :p

I do not let other people sus affect my reads, bc my reads just are what they are - same as yours only yours is wrong.
;)

Return to “Previous Heists”