Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: Severance [Phase Zero]

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:35 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:31 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:26 pm I mean those were NOT reads. If you want to argue that you were doing it for a reaction test, maybe I'd buy that explanation, but there's no way those reads were serious.
What about them makes them not reads? GTH reads, sure, but still reads
Doesn't matter if GTH or not. You can't seriously get reads out of two fluffposts unless the players in question are severely polarized in terms of when and how they fluffpost. I don't believe Gira is, and I would default to assuming the same for Ranmilia. There are very few players I could name who are polarized enough to mostly fluffpost as a specific alignment, and even still, they will probably make an entry fluffpost in every game, meaning their first post doesn't indicate anything.
These players presumably know their alignments, and that will be reflected in their posts. Do you not have to start from somewhere? What exactly are you accomplishing right now?
Everyone knows their own alignment, that's just how mafia games work. I am sparking a discussion so that I have actual material to solve from. I don't care if it's a controversial take or not, because it will yield useful information regardless of whether I reach the right conclusion or not. If I draw the wrong conclusion in the end, at least someone else reading the discussion will have the chance to draw the correct one.
Alright, so you agree that everyone knows their alignment, thus that knowledge is reflected in their posts, so what is your issue with me? Also, if you want to start a discussion, then why oppose the only other person starting a discussion? This feels a bit like backtracking to me
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:34 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:29 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:26 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:25 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:24 pm

Your argument fails, for I am the only one trying to do any sort of solving here
I don't believe you
I don't believe those whose only activity is disparaging the activity of others.
Then stick to your opinions and be wrong. Youre not solving me, either. You're just telling me I'm wolfy because I pointed out that your post was not giving real reads, and I'm pretty sure that means I'm correct.
Did I ever insinuate that I would stick to these reads throughout the game? You do know what "GTH" means right? This feels quite a bit jumpy to me
No, but I said earlier that I would keep an eye on how your reads evolve over the next few days and yet you're completely ignoring that. You're entirely focused on pushing me because I didn't like your "GTH reads" on a pair of fluffposts. It's like you've already been caught for the wrong reasons because it wasn't necessarily wolfy that you posted that, but your overdefensiveness by way of OMGUSing me is not towny.
So basically, your only "contribution" is disparaging the contributions of others. Town would at least want to push the game forward, would they not? You give me the impression of someone who wants to keep the thread static with nothing but fluffposts
You think I'm fluffposting and wasting your time? Making up a push on you for... what reason? I couldve come up with plenty of better reasons to fabricate a push on you but I legitimately think that YOU are overreacting to what I said about making reads based on fluff. At least I'm not the one making reads based on fluffposts!
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

I'm fake. ~ signed, Bereft
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:36 pm
Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:33 pm wind you're doing the thing where you reactively omgus the first person to look at you funny again, just step off it because i don't need a massive slapfight immediately on day 1
No, I reactively commented that leetic's GTH reads are fake.
What do you think is "fake" about them? Did I list someone as GTH town when I actually saw them as GTH wolf?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:37 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:35 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:31 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:26 pm I mean those were NOT reads. If you want to argue that you were doing it for a reaction test, maybe I'd buy that explanation, but there's no way those reads were serious.
What about them makes them not reads? GTH reads, sure, but still reads
Doesn't matter if GTH or not. You can't seriously get reads out of two fluffposts unless the players in question are severely polarized in terms of when and how they fluffpost. I don't believe Gira is, and I would default to assuming the same for Ranmilia. There are very few players I could name who are polarized enough to mostly fluffpost as a specific alignment, and even still, they will probably make an entry fluffpost in every game, meaning their first post doesn't indicate anything.
These players presumably know their alignments, and that will be reflected in their posts. Do you not have to start from somewhere? What exactly are you accomplishing right now?
Everyone knows their own alignment, that's just how mafia games work. I am sparking a discussion so that I have actual material to solve from. I don't care if it's a controversial take or not, because it will yield useful information regardless of whether I reach the right conclusion or not. If I draw the wrong conclusion in the end, at least someone else reading the discussion will have the chance to draw the correct one.
Alright, so you agree that everyone knows their alignment, thus that knowledge is reflected in their posts, so what is your issue with me? Also, if you want to start a discussion, then why oppose the only other person starting a discussion? This feels a bit like backtracking to me
Because you're just going straight into wanting to vote me. You didn't engage me on why I thought your reads were made in bad faith. You just said you thought I was giving too many thoughts and that it was wolfy. That ain't gonna cut it. Give a better reason to wolfread me, or I'm just going to continue to assume it's an OMGUS.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:38 pm
I don't believe you
I don't believe those whose only activity is disparaging the activity of others.
Then stick to your opinions and be wrong. Youre not solving me, either. You're just telling me I'm wolfy because I pointed out that your post was not giving real reads, and I'm pretty sure that means I'm correct.
Did I ever insinuate that I would stick to these reads throughout the game? You do know what "GTH" means right? This feels quite a bit jumpy to me
No, but I said earlier that I would keep an eye on how your reads evolve over the next few days and yet you're completely ignoring that. You're entirely focused on pushing me because I didn't like your "GTH reads" on a pair of fluffposts. It's like you've already been caught for the wrong reasons because it wasn't necessarily wolfy that you posted that, but your overdefensiveness by way of OMGUSing me is not towny.
So basically, your only "contribution" is disparaging the contributions of others. Town would at least want to push the game forward, would they not? You give me the impression of someone who wants to keep the thread static with nothing but fluffposts
You think I'm fluffposting and wasting your time? Making up a push on you for... what reason? I couldve come up with plenty of better reasons to fabricate a push on you but I legitimately think that YOU are overreacting to what I said about making reads based on fluff. At least I'm not the one making reads based on fluffposts!
If you think my GTH reads are meaningless, aren't you overreacting to fluff and making reads from fluffposts from your perspective? Yes, tu quoque, I know, but this still feels contrived
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:35 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm There's plenty of solving going on, just have patience.
Such as?
Gira probably town for caring about thread health. [redacted] and [redacted] tentative good look for not knowing [redacted.]
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:38 pm
Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:33 pm wind you're doing the thing where you reactively omgus the first person to look at you funny again, just step off it because i don't need a massive slapfight immediately on day 1
What do you think is "fake" about them? Did I list someone as GTH town when I actually saw them as GTH wolf?
Because neither of those two posts are even talking about the game. How can you make serious reads off of posts that aren't game-related? Am I missing something?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 pm You just said you thought I was giving too many thoughts and that it was wolfy.
That's not even remotely what I said. Are you even reading my posts?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

leetic is right, we must solve the game as fast as possible, once dyslexicon starts posting nobody will be able to focus on solving, guys and girls and others alike
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:38 pm

If you think my GTH reads are meaningless, aren't you overreacting to fluff and making reads from fluffposts from your perspective? Yes, tu quoque, I know, but this still feels contrived
Maybe, but if I see something that I think is a lie in a social deduction game, I sure as hell am going to call it out.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:40 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:38 pm
Because neither of those two posts are even talking about the game. How can you make serious reads off of posts that aren't game-related? Am I missing something?
If they aren't game-related, then why are they in the game? Clearly, they must have had some reason to post them
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:40 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 pm You just said you thought I was giving too many thoughts and that it was wolfy.
That's not even remotely what I said. Are you even reading my posts?
Yes, and I'm going to quote it again for you.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:42 pm leetic is right, we must solve the game as fast as possible, once dyslexicon starts posting nobody will be able to focus on solving, guys and girls and others alike
True. You gonna have some free time tonight?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:17 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:08 pm
Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:14 am Game rules and guidelines (note especially voting rules #2, #5, and #8, but all rules apply)

Spoiler: show
Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be eliminated. There is no majority hammer.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the eliminated player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.
8.) YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT IN THE INTENDED SPIRIT OF MY GAME, AND IT RELATES TO RULES AGAINST EXCESSIVE APPEAL TO EMOTION.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting, excessive appeal to emotion, and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Examples of things that suck:
- Relying on volatile emotionality as a strategy to progress the game for yourself (or posting the same material non-strategically). Utilize the moderators on duty.
- Referencing out-of-game personal information to progress yourself in the game (regardless of alignment) -- you can mention things about life, just don't expect it to necessarily be worth added grace in the game.
- Trying to use specific wording in your role card to glean information in the thread
- Making reads or judgments about the game based upon who you see in the "Who is online" section under the thread
- Openly calling for or talking about the mafia team conceding
- Discussing anything outside the game thread that should have no bearing on it (e.g., technical quirks you observe on Discord) other than ordinary metagaming
- Plenty of other things; there are too many to list. Contact me if you're tempted but unsure or if you believe someone else has engaged in an angleshooting or appeal to emotion violation.
A good person will follow the rules. A great person will follow himself.
GTH town, looks like the words of someone who doesn't care how they appear
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:05 pm Hello friends. I love you all, and I love everything about you... equally.
GTH wolf, opener that says nothing but is an attempt to appear friendly
Too soon for these reads imo
First thought is that we shouldn't be making thoughts. GTH wolf.
^ that sure looks to me like you're saying that people shouldn't have thoughts about the game, and that I'm wolfy for having thoughts.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:42 pm leetic is right, we must solve the game as fast as possible, once dyslexicon starts posting nobody will be able to focus on solving, guys and girls and others alike
GTH town, I like the spunk. Still, what are you gonna do to help solve the game?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:40 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm There's plenty of solving going on, just have patience.
Such as?
Gira probably town for caring about thread health. [redacted] and [redacted] tentative good look for not knowing [redacted.]
I don't like these kinds of reads, either. But I don't think my opinion really matters.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:14 am Game rules and guidelines (note especially voting rules #2, #5, and #8, but all rules apply)

2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be eliminated. There is no majority hammer.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the eliminated player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.
8.) YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT IN THE INTENDED SPIRIT OF MY GAME, AND IT RELATES TO RULES AGAINST EXCESSIVE APPEAL TO EMOTION.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

- Relying on volatile emotionality as a strategy to progress the game for yourself (or posting the same material non-strategically). Utilize the moderators on duty.
- Referencing out-of-game personal information to progress yourself in the game (regardless of alignment) -- you can mention things about life, just don't expect it to necessarily be worth added grace in the game.
- Trying to use specific wording in your role card to glean information in the thread
- Making reads or judgments about the game based upon who you see in the "Who is online" section under the thread
- Discussing anything outside the game thread that should have no bearing on it (e.g., technical quirks you observe on Discord) other than ordinary metagaming
- Plenty of other things; there are too many to list. Contact me if you're tempted but unsure or if you believe someone else has engaged in an angleshooting or appeal to emotion violation.
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:05 pm Hello friends. I love you all, and I love everything about you... equally.
^ that sure looks to me like you're saying that people shouldn't have thoughts about the game, and that I'm wolfy for having thoughts.
No, that quote was referring to your post. Your first post was basically stating that we shouldn't have reads at this point of the game, which is basically saying we shouldn't have thoughts on players.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 pm

Participation Standard

Other

Don't.

No, that quote was referring to your post. Your first post was basically stating that we shouldn't have reads at this point of the game, which is basically saying we shouldn't have thoughts on players.
Ohhh. Ok, then that was my misunderstanding.
Yeah, I did say we shouldn't have thoughts on players, specifically who have only fluffposted. I didn't say we shouldn't have any thoughts at all.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:42 pm
work at 6:55am tomorrow, so i’ll be posting here for a couple more hours tonight
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:45 pm

Yeah, I did say we shouldn't have thoughts on players, specifically who have only fluffposted. I didn't say we shouldn't have any thoughts at all.
But those were the only thoughts that were posted at that point. What thoughts do you think are acceptable to have?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:43 pm
GTH town, I like the spunk. Still, what are you gonna do to help solve the game?
i have to ask you one thing first, are u comfortable with being called a twink?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 pm
work at 6:55am tomorrow, so i’ll be posting here for a couple more hours tonight
Off the top of your head, please walk me through an overview of your SCI game.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:47 pm
How about I'll answer that question if you can give me a GTH read on at least three people.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 pm
Such as?
I don't like these kinds of reads, either. But I don't think my opinion really matters.
What don't you like and why do you not think your opinion matters?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:47 pm
post like shit because i’m not home and hungover, get home and do some iso’s and figure out where important peoples heads are for solving sake, start posting better, become ultra towny and vote violet which is outing. d2 was a slog where prince decided to uh do something else with his life and nothing really happened except disq had a dangerous post. d3 occurs where i fake claim joat and out myself by being impaired and mac subs in which pisses me off and i kinda just have forced myself to get chopped d4 there, vik still won over the evil @Bereft

i also want to play sci next year for the hat trick
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:45 pm

But those were the only thoughts that were posted at that point. What thoughts do you think are acceptable to have?
Thoughts on game-related posts, like when people actually start posting about the game?
Idk, joke posting phase usually goes for a while, especially when there's a dedicated pregame for talking, and usually none of what's said in the opening posts matters in the end. But maybe that's just my personal experience. I rarely ever have an opinion on fluffposts so I generally skip the whole thing.
I'll admit you're right, though, in that someone actually has to start the game-related talk in order for everyone else to have things to discuss. Maybe I'm being too hard on you. I still don't really get how you can have any sort of read, however light, from those posts from Gira and Ranmilia but I guess you're just more perceptive than I am.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Overall, the contrivances in Windward's "case" are probably the biggest red flag of anyone so far. Sure, part of it may have been a misunderstanding, but the bizarre insistence on me keeping the reads for the entire game just doesn't feel natural to me, not to mention some quick backtracking. If Windward was contributing in other ways, sure, but they don't really have any significant interactions with anyone other than me.

If I had to pick a biggest townread right now, I guess it would be Gira? 45 comes from a towny place, plus I feel they've been the most open out of any player thus far.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:48 pm
robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:47 pm
How about I'll answer that question if you can give me a GTH read on at least three people.
can’t accurately read anyone here just yet, i can say that schweppes isn’t town for me yet though, but this read is meaningless because he’s weird and it might matter in 48h from now, and if i have the same read in 48h i’m tunneling my free pelt
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:49 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 pm
Such as?
What don't you like and why do you not think your opinion matters?
I don't like calling people towny for caring about thread health because I've seen wolves get away with it straight up to the endgame because they were much calmer than town in those cases. I don't think my opinion matters because I very clearly remember saying exactly that in a game, and getting tunnelled by a bunch of townies when I was town and the player in question was someone I correctly said could be a wolf.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:53 pm Overall, the contrivances in Windward's "case" are probably the biggest red flag of anyone so far. Sure, part of it may have been a misunderstanding, but the bizarre insistence on me keeping the reads for the entire game just doesn't feel natural to me, not to mention some quick backtracking. If Windward was contributing in other ways, sure, but they don't really have any significant interactions with anyone other than me.

If I had to pick a biggest townread right now, I guess it would be Gira? 45 comes from a towny place, plus I feel they've been the most open out of any player thus far.
No, I didn't say that I assumed you'd keep the same reads for the whole game. I said I wanted to see how your reads would hold up in the next few days. Meaning, both how your reads on Gira and Ranmilia would evolve or stagnate, and how your reads on others would be formed. I'm not sure if you're completely misunderstanding me or if you're intentionally putting words in my mouth.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:53 pm can’t accurately read anyone here just yet
You do know what GTH means right?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Also, why would I have significant interactions with other people? Nobody else besides Ranmilia has given a read that I've expressed a disagreement with so there's nothing else worth commenting on.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:55 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:53 pm Overall, the contrivances in Windward's "case" are probably the biggest red flag of anyone so far. Sure, part of it may have been a misunderstanding, but the bizarre insistence on me keeping the reads for the entire game just doesn't feel natural to me, not to mention some quick backtracking. If Windward was contributing in other ways, sure, but they don't really have any significant interactions with anyone other than me.

No, I didn't say that I assumed you'd keep the same reads for the whole game. I said I wanted to see how your reads would hold up in the next few days. Meaning, both how your reads on Gira and Ranmilia would evolve or stagnate, and how your reads on others would be formed. I'm not sure if you're completely misunderstanding me or if you're intentionally putting words in my mouth.
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:23 pm
Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:17 pm Too soon for these reads imo
sure but does it actually say anything about their alignment to you?
Meta-wise, idk, I've played with leetic before but don't remember if they make reads as early as in pregame.

In general, no, I don't just immediately wolfread people for doing that, but it raises some suspicion because I think wolves are more likely to find reasons to form a narrative and stick with it because they're NOT actually reading to solve.
Your argument fails, for I am the only one trying to do any sort of solving here
I don't believe you
What the hell was with this then?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:55 pm

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:23 pm
Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 pm sure but does it actually say anything about their alignment to you?
Meta-wise, idk, I've played with leetic before but don't remember if they make reads as early as in pregame.

In general, no, I don't just immediately wolfread people for doing that, but it raises some suspicion because I think wolves are more likely to find reasons to form a narrative and stick with it because they're NOT actually reading to solve.
I don't believe you
What the hell was with this then?
Because I'm not a wolf, but you don't seem to have considered any world so far in which I'm town. So you're just going to be wrong the whole game.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:56 pm Also, why would I have significant interactions with other people? Nobody else besides Ranmilia has given a read that I've expressed a disagreement with so there's nothing else worth commenting on.
I don't know, because you might actually want to push the game forward or something. People who's only activity is complaining about inactivity are basically always wolves, and while it's too early in the game to indict you for that it will happen if you keep this up
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 pmwho's
Whose. I should be above such mistakes
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Post by Gira »

Such as?
if redacted is referring to what i think it is, that's a very good thought
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:55 pm
robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:53 pm can’t accurately read anyone here just yet
i do but i’ll give u the same answer, i don’t wanna prematurely make reads, i’m not even on laptop and i’ve not read you and windwards thing except like one or two random posts

i play primarily by intuition and i won’t forcefully move the needle, especially when we have a 3 day d1 essentially

if i had to guess

i can accurately read ran/wwa/bereft within 24-48h if not sooner

you can be town by aggressive play and generating discussion but like, what the hell do you expect, i’m not particularly entertained by your play and i’m almost certainly more aggressive, so you just exist and i’ll punish a drop off or punish bad reads but generally reward you being solvey

mac and dizzy i’m not chopping d1 here

blah blah idk who else has posted off the top of my head
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:56 pm Also, why would I have significant interactions with other people? Nobody else besides Ranmilia has given a read that I've expressed a disagreement with so there's nothing else worth commenting on.
I don't know, because you might actually want to push the game forward or something. People who's only activity is complaining about inactivity are basically always wolves, and while it's too early in the game to indict you for that it will happen if you keep this up
I don't feel like starting new conversations, I feel like going to sleep, but I'm stuck having a completely stupid argument that I started so I have to actually see it out. I'm not going to prod people for reads on D0 when they've only posted fluff, but I am going to poke them on D1.
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Post by Gira »

robyn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:00 pm
i do but i’ll give u the same answer, i don’t wanna prematurely make reads, i’m not even on laptop and i’ve not read you and windwards thing except like one or two random posts

i play primarily by intuition and i won’t forcefully move the needle, especially when we have a 3 day d1 essentially

if i had to guess

you can be town by aggressive play and generating discussion but like, what the hell do you expect, i’m not particularly entertained by your play and i’m almost certainly more aggressive, so you just exist and i’ll punish a drop off or punish bad reads but generally reward you being solvey

if you don't have wind as town already lmao
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I guess Ranmilla has the next most substantive ISO after me, Wind, and Gira? But their posts have been so lukewarm so far, being mostly just simple questions that don't seem to really dive into people's alignments. It's another playstyle that if they keep it up I'll be forced to find wolfy.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Also, I'm pretty sure I've done more than just complain about inactivity. It's like an hour into the pregame phase, I'm not going to whine about people fluffposting, but neither will I make reads on it.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Gira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:02 pm

if i had to guess

if you don't have wind as town already lmao
i’ve not read her posts
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:03 pm Also, I'm pretty sure I've done more than just complain about inactivity. It's like an hour into the pregame phase, I'm not going to whine about people fluffposting, but neither will I make reads on it.
*is complaining about other people's activity. You can tell by my use of the wrong whose that that post wasn't entirely thought out
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

if i had to guess

Why is the only thing that is even remotely a read just "you can be town"? Saying you can read people in the future or that you're "not chopping" people isn't a read
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:05 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:03 pm Also, I'm pretty sure I've done more than just complain about inactivity. It's like an hour into the pregame phase, I'm not going to whine about people fluffposting, but neither will I make reads on it.
*is complaining about other people's activity. You can tell by my use of the wrong whose that that post wasn't entirely thought out
Ok ok
I'll save my complaints for D1 I guess but I'm sure I'll find something to complain about
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:47 pm
Can Ranmilla please entertain me by answering why exactly they felt the need to make this request?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:07 pm

if i had to guess

Why is the only thing that is even remotely a read just "you can be town"? Saying you can read people in the future or that you're "not chopping" people isn't a read
I would qualify a no-chop list as some sort of a readlist, personally, but that's because I would only put reads above null for the day as no-chop.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

leetic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:02 pm I guess Ranmilla has the next most substantive ISO after me, Wind, and Gira? But their posts have been so lukewarm so far, being mostly just simple questions that don't seem to really dive into people's alignments. It's another playstyle that if they keep it up I'll be forced to find wolfy.
she’s logical, intelligent, and just good in general, and reserved, and she won’t play like me where i shovel shit into thread and somehow make reads

expect subtlety and good and insightful posts to come

i’ve only played one game with her but she played gr8, i played better but still she was great

(something something i respect her play and know her a bit, and i know that this is ultra complimentary but i also know that this is a far from a rational way to pocket her)

Return to “Previous Jobs”