Re: Severance [Workday One]

Post by tutuu »

Blindsided*
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by DarlingMonroe »

tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:21 pm I think that DarlingMonroe is hiding their identity or their original account name, which is fine, I'm not interested in prying into their life. I'm just mentioning this because I find it game relevant to bring up my concern that there's a world where they're mafia and get townread off of the assumption they're a beginner. They're definitely not a beginner, and them lying about it, if they are, isn't necessarily scummy, as in that world they have the objective to hide themselves regardless of alignment. But please be wary to not get blinded by them, I would find it helpful to perceive them as a non-newbie player and be careful.
Define newbie? I've played mafia before. Not here. What's missing to click? The first few pages were all about each other's history, which I know nothing about. I know, that wolves, are eager in lynching town. You seemed eager to lynch me and casted a vote against me based on the most innocuous of reasons... that to me is wolf play, not town.
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:52 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:05 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:33 pm My read accuracy and winrate is quite low on the Syndicate, I'm afraid that there is just a big vibe mismatch. I struggle to understand a lot of people and a lot of people struggle to understand me.
Your verity of exasperation is striking me as, perhaps, forced this game. Is that fair of me? It’s like you want us to underestimate your gameplay so you can muddle to the end.

I believe in you- if you
This feels correct.
This is just how I've chosen to talk. You can verify this by isoing me here, I was town: viewtopic.php?t=2545

You are comparing me to a younger me from years ago who used to talk differently. The difference might be there but it's not forced, you just didn't see the gradual journey. @Scotty
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:19 pm tutuu was a nice girl that suggested we take walk through a local state park. She was a rare case in which she looked even better than the photos on the dating app suggested she might. I had had a very long week, including a lot of graduate school work and a couple other dates as well. My brain was a scramble, but I still tried to keep my enthusiasm elevated so that it could be engaging and minimally awkward for her. I arrived first, and soon after she pulled up in her own car. I waved excitedly and said "hey Sarah!"

Her name was Samantha. Sarah was a previous date. I mixed the names up in a momentary miserable blunder. She corrected me immediately, and then we spent 90 minutes walking around trying to pretend that didn't happen. Miraculously, there was a second date here... but not a third.

(name is changed for privacy)
lmao
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Cape90 was killed. He was a bad date, and

it was my fault. Town.

Cape90 was was another member of the graduate program that I had met a few times at board game nights hosted by mutual friends. She was cute, and I was feeling bold, so I asked her out. She was bashful in response, but still agreed. We got lunch a few days later. I don't really remember much about that lunch; I think I blacked out. It's all blank to me. All I can remember is that somehow, at some point in our awkward chatter, I found myself talking about something dramatically un-date-like.

9/11.

I avoided her in the hallways after that.
@JaggedJimmyJay I can't breathe. :haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:09 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:33 pm My read accuracy and winrate is quite low on the Syndicate, I'm afraid that there is just a big vibe mismatch. I struggle to understand a lot of people and a lot of people struggle to understand me.
Your verity of exasperation is striking me as, perhaps, forced this game. Is that fair of me? It’s like you want us to underestimate your gameplay so you can muddle to the end.

I believe in you- if you
This feels correct.
This is just how I've chosen to talk. You can verify this by isoing me here, I was town: viewtopic.php?t=2545

You are comparing me to a younger me from years ago who used to talk differently. The difference might be there but it's not forced, you just didn't see the gradual journey. @Scotty
Actually my bad I misread the post a little. You were talking about "verity of desperation". I wasn't familiar with that word verity so I understood it as reading me to tonally. Not quite the same. So sure maybe linking my game still somewhat relevant. You posted a reaction gif of being puzzled at one of my posts earlier which was a normal me post.
That was a gif of judgement and condemnation. :biggrin:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I found myself talking about something dramatically un-date-like.

9/11.
Idk man that's most definitely a date :ninja:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Womp womp, Nutella.
Epignosis was the first person I asked out when I arrived at a new home in Ohio after the I finished my time in the military. I still had a mind for fitness and action, and she had spoken of her affinity for the local hill hikes. So we hiked. I sorely underestimated the strenuousness of the hike and overestimated the firmness of the dirt under my feet. I wore ordinary shoes, a t-shirt, and shorts with nothing else on my person save maybe a bottled water in my pocket. She had a whole-ass backpack, hiking boots, a stick, and various other "we're fucking hiking, bitch" gear. I could tell immediately when she got a look at me that 1) this would not go well, and 2) she felt the same way. But we trudged on anyway, and I barely managed to maintain any kind of conversation amid my heavy breathing and slow progress through the mud. I think I might have ruined my shoes in the woods.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon was the first date that I didn't even realize was a date.
skull.png
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

How many times did that happen?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm sorry for derailing the thread this is just too funny.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Okay now to actually look at Tutuu's behavior in that game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

192 posts for a day 1 misyeet? I don't wanna read all that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:17 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:12 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:03 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:44 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:39 am of course kate solves the game and of course she loses because its out of her control

games are near unwinnable for town at the current climate. i dont know how u guys can say gg and move on to the next game when u know u will experience the same story as here. but if ur cool with it, power to u
I have to take a bit of a mafia break for the first half of august but I will return and we will tag team town and prove this wrong 🦾
i know that most of us are capable town players, and the wolves here played really well. i'd like to think that the elephant in the room that i'm not directly addressing is obvious
pekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopekopeko

be quiet
Honestly, I don't think Tutuu's play in this game and that game are at all comparable.
This is a joke
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

but for realzies? I don't see what DarlingMonroe saying is happening here in any way applying to the first two pages of Tutuu's iso in Jay's First Dates.

On the other hand, it would be super weird for wolf Tutuu to point to a prior towngame where she didn't act the same as she's acting now and be like "compare these games" and it makes more sense for town Tutuu to self consciously or internal monologuely think her play is the same in both games and she's got this bad meta issue.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: PSV] aubergine
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 283

Post by tutuu »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:02 pm but for realzies? I don't see what DarlingMonroe saying is happening here in any way applying to the first two pages of Tutuu's iso in Jay's First Dates.

On the other hand, it would be super weird for wolf Tutuu to point to a prior towngame where she didn't act the same as she's acting now and be like "compare these games" and it makes more sense for town Tutuu to self consciously or internal monologuely think her play is the same in both games and she's got this bad meta issue.
The misunderstand was due to Scotty's posh word choice. But other than that - good post, you have a good reason to townread me, and I have a good reason to townread you too. (I'm hoping that anyone reading along will agree)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Jack

Scotty
Nutella

LC Senior
LC Junior

Cape

Rest (unordered rest, I don't have strong feelings there. I don't feel too strongly about DM too. I'll be going to bed soon so I'll have to decide what to do with my vote to account for missing out 4 hours of EoD)

(The names above are townreads)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I could vote PSV but that might make me look scummy in the eyes of some if she flips town. I could stay on DM, it's the closest I've got to a scumread.

I'll stay on DM.

I forgot to add Wilgy im the Cape tier, it's only due to him not being here, not exactly a read I'd frame on a wall.
Alexy
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alexy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:22 pm @Alexy I'll make you an avatar. Do you want a pokemon one, a dog one or a wrestling one?
neither, I want this one :puppy:

Alexy

Post by Alexy »

I'll be honest, I've only gotten through the first 3 pages. Any reasoning I can give you will just sound like excuses. What's up with the PSV votes, if anyone cares to share?
Alexy

Post by Alexy »

tutuu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:11 am I don't find anything posted so far alignment indicative. I could try and give out some gut leans, but if I'm not sure, what's even the point? As they likely won't be all accurate. The only potential pro is to not get myself scumread as Giving Reads Early is considered Standard Etiquette for a Good Samaritan Townie ... but yet ... what do I do when I don't have reads and I don't care about manipulating people by being mafia?... Am I brave enough to go against the grain?... They bullied Galielo Galilei out of his right read that the Earth is round ... Peer pressure can be a powerful tool ... And yet ... Be brave?
tutuu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:20 pm Alright. Enough messing around from me. If we, the Town, want to win this game, we need to take it seriously. And that means throwing out reads in order to generate discussion. Anything short of that would be lazy. As such, my reads are as follows:

I forgot I had these quoted from earlier, I think my idea was that these sounded sus
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:22 pm @Alexy I'll make you an avatar. Do you want a pokemon one, a dog one or a wrestling one?

Fwiw (just in the future if this info might help you) - I believe syndicate demands 128x128 or 125x125 or 100x100 pixel size avatars max. It doesn't automatically resize it. So you could use Microsoft Paint or a website to resize and crop avatars for you. Phones can do it too.
Alexy

Post by Alexy »

Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:51 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 am Hi Alexa, we’ve never played before I don’t think.

What is your favorite part about working here? Are you
I'm guessing you mean me and I'm guessing the lack of sentence finishing is a game mechanic
Scotty is just screwing around. Nobody is forcing him to do that.
is this true or is it you screwing around?
Alexy

Post by Alexy »

tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:19 pm

Fwiw (just in the future if this info might help you) - I believe syndicate demands 128x128 or 125x125 or 100x100 pixel size avatars max. It doesn't automatically resize it. So you could use Microsoft Paint or a website to resize and crop avatars for you. Phones can do it too.

ya so I tried this and when I tried to upload the resized image, it told me it was unable to determine the size of it? so I just gave up
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:15 pm I forgot to add Wilgy im the Cape tier, it's only due to him not being here, not exactly a read I'd frame on a wall.
Wilgy has like week old newborn twin babies I wouldn't read into his lack of activity alignment wise either way at all
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:17 pm What's up with the PSV votes, if anyone cares to share?
she basically refuses to engage in the game or give reads and had a sort of awkward but still evasive reaction to being pressured on it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:21 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:15 pm I forgot to add Wilgy im the Cape tier, it's only due to him not being here, not exactly a read I'd frame on a wall.
Wilgy has like week old newborn twin babies I wouldn't read into his lack of activity alignment wise either way at all
Oh, I forgot about that. Congrats Wilgy, and poor wifey having to deal with three children now instead of one.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lmao rude
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 am Hi Alexa, we’ve never played before I don’t think.

I'm guessing you mean me and I'm guessing the lack of sentence finishing is a game mechanic
idk what you mean
Alexy

Post by Alexy »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:22 pm
Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:17 pm What's up with the PSV votes, if anyone cares to share?
she basically refuses to engage in the game or give reads and had a sort of awkward but still evasive reaction to being pressured on it
Doesn't sound that unusual but we haven't played together a ton
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway yeah I'm content staying on this now, it's on her now to choose to play the game if she doesn't want to be, uh, well. Severed from it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:26 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:22 pm
Doesn't sound that unusual but we haven't played together a ton
Perhaps but I've got nothing better at this point
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WAIT LMAO JACK NOW IM CONFUSED
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:26 pm
Alexy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:20 pm

idk what you mean
I don't know if you just put this cat avatar on you to test it but my headcanon is that you're keeping it and that's so funny. Even funnier if you didn't share it with Alexy at all and just wore it in front of them.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I said I wanted a new avatar
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funny thing is it looks pretty similar to one of Jack's cats
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:26 pm Anyway yeah I'm content staying on this now, it's on her now to choose to play the game if she doesn't want to be, uh, well. Severed from it
The moment I posted this I swung around again to feeling bad about it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

There's probably one in cape/ilario honestly ugh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Townlist: Nutella, Delta, Monroe, Lime
Townleanlist: Tutuu, Wilgy, Cape
Idklist: Alexy, Illario, Porscha
Scumleanlist: LC, PSV

That's where I'm at
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:33 pm Townlist: Nutella, Delta, Monroe, Lime
Townleanlist: Tutuu, Wilgy, Cape
Idklist: Alexy, Illario, Porscha
Scumleanlist: LC, PSV

That's where I'm at
Not bad

I could actually go for LC too I guess, page one snapreads goated
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alexy

Post by Alexy »

this is my late kitty
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:32 pm There's probably one in cape/ilario honestly ugh
;_;

Can kinda see this but also I townread both for different reasons so I dont really want to pursue that all too strongly right now x_x
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

I say that as if there's time but there's not really, EOD is in a few hours right ?_?
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:28 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:06 pm Nutella what do you think of ilario? I think he's been wording things really strangely
like what? nothing has stuck out to me
this post felt ??? specifically
ilario wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:27 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 pm [VOTE: Dr.Wilgy] aubergine

I thought there was someone that broke a tell but there wasn't apparently. So I'm just gonna throw a vote here for now and wait.
nice, i was getting worried most my friends were scummy but this feels somewhat towny
with the whole post starting out as "nice, I was worried..." thing, who starts out a post like that?

and then there was obviously my other argument with his 2nd post read thing on scotty/tutuu, moreso tutuu, but it felt forced out ig.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Delta wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:02 pm I say that as if there's time but there's not really, EOD is in a few hours right ?_?
2 and 1/2 hours i think considering when SOD was
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:28 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:00 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:28 am agree with illario that cape's tone has been off. but sometimes the way he gives reads d1 feels weird idk. something something give him a day
Ilario hasn't even directly said my tone has been off.
He said he didn't like my opening and thought I was redirecting sus onto him.
im thinking of the post where he says everything you say sounds ridiculous
not sure that's what that meant in context of ilario's logs, but sure
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:49 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:00 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:28 am agree with illario that cape's tone has been off. but sometimes the way he gives reads d1 feels weird idk. something something give him a day
Ilario hasn't even directly said my tone has been off.
He said he didn't like my opening and thought I was redirecting sus onto him.
Seems like you're splitting hairs there.
what do you mean by that?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:48 pm Cause those are like my two strongest wolfreads, weak though they are.
I don't blame you for not townreading me, but where does the strength in that wolfread come from?
Delta wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:07 pm @Long Con why'd you go send me to read a town game ?_? I thought I was about to be hit with some massive shift in meta or something that debunked my post ;_;

My theory does kinda work even reading that game because while you were kinda avoidant of giving reads & instead just joked around in Beans, in Guitar you were fine engaging with the playerlist & getting some reads on the board even while just enjoying usual conversation
Oh, no it was just my last game, where I was town and was pretty lackadaisical jokey for the first day.

I believe in you- if you
This feels correct.

Ha! Who's old now? :noble:
tutuu wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:21 pm I think that DarlingMonroe is hiding their identity or their original account name, which is fine, I'm not interested in prying into their life. I'm just mentioning this because I find it game relevant to bring up my concern that there's a world where they're mafia and get townread off of the assumption they're a beginner. They're definitely not a beginner, and them lying about it, if they are, isn't necessarily scummy, as in that world they have the objective to hide themselves regardless of alignment. But please be wary to not get blinded by them, I would find it helpful to perceive them as a non-newbie player and be careful.
LOL, could be, could be...
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:46 pm If you take the first letter of each of my posts, it spells out the number of times I've slept with Jay's mum.
GIIWWWIETPHTLAAFTIILIZIIIIIRHMMD

Yeah I think ur bluffing there Jack ;)

Having said that, it gave me an excuse to look at ur logs and i think ur town
I think #414 is towny for you both meta wise, and it's just a towny post, esp given JOH was looking into meta stuffs.

Return to “Previous Jobs”