38%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by Long Con »

Scotty is town. Oozing when you read his ISO. Helpful, redundantly helpful, which looks honest.

HA HA HA H AHA AHAHSHAHAHSGSGHAGHAGH I'm not repeating this from that other game though. "Scotty good, S~V~S bad!" I was half-right. But I'll have nightmares if I do it again. I'm flipping all my reads on Day 4, and I'm literally not joking.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
Perhaps so. I'm not entirely sure the role is that important since they retain their kill without it. It's just the early killer (if that interpretation is accurate). I just noted that town doesn't seem to have any night actions that would interact directly with a killing mafia member other than an even night role blocker (no tracker or watcher). We have protections, but they don't mean anything with respect to who is killing. It might not matter than much, and it appears that it means close to nothing on Night 1. I could be overlooking something.
What if Rebecca can stop him from killing? I don't know if Rebecca can drain Rupert's money before or after Rupert kills.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm I was wondering why Thunal had the votes, but then I went through his ISO...

Got'im!
But I wasn't invested in it because I'm a good townie in BG3 too. :biggrin:
Otherwise, why the votes? Play Devil's Advocate. Judge your posts with a negative prejudice, and tell us why they voted you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hey there, folks. I’ll be your co-host in cahoots with fingersplints. Remember we’re playing football, not football, so no rough stuff, okay?

Good luck and have fun, y’all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm I was wondering why Thunal had the votes, but then I went through his ISO...

Got'im!
But I wasn't invested in it because I'm a good townie in BG3 too. :biggrin:
Otherwise, why the votes? Play Devil's Advocate. Judge your posts with a negative prejudice, and tell us why they voted you.
Could be because I had barely any game related content. Or maybe they don't like Baldur's Gate.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:10 pm @robyn @Bereft why are you voting me?

Also which one of you voted first?
because he voted you, second
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia

Post by LoRab »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:33 pm Rules:

No fouls and misconduct. (Treat your other players with respect.)
No offsides. (No role claiming or info dumping.) This means NO posting your role. NO hinting. NO f***ing false claiming. (£1 to Phoebe) Not even the most subtle of f***ing hints (£2). NO dropping of your info in the thread; Make a f***ing case. (£3)
It ain't easy to explain, but you know when you see it.

Breaking these rules or disrespecting your referees (hosts) may result in a RED CARD (elimination).

(Phoebe’s swear jar: £3 total)
Can someone say more about the swear jar? Or speculate, if the hosts won't tell us?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Phoebe isn't a listed role-character... is she a character in the show? I thought this was something fingersplints was doing personally, something I didn't understand. Game-related? Well, let's do a test:

Shit.
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

why exactly do you seem concerned with an RVS vote here? Especially since JJJ literally called you out in a post and it seems he is assuming the role of town leader
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Great to have you back in the fold, LoRab. :lorab:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:39 am Great to have you back in the fold, LoRab. :lorab:
Thrilled to be here. Even if I can't actually include my smiley correctly in a post. :lorab: (ah, there we go)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
Heyyyy, LoRab! This is a person I love. I was literally JUST talking to Black Rock about the terms "town" and "wolf"... she finds them distasteful, preferring the colloquial classics, 'civvie' and 'baddie'. Then you come in, all 'civ' and it's great. :hug:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Left to my own devices, they're civilians and mafia. :mafia:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:53 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am

Heyyyy, LoRab! This is a person I love. I was literally JUST talking to Black Rock about the terms "town" and "wolf"... she finds them distasteful, preferring the colloquial classics, 'civvie' and 'baddie'. Then you come in, all 'civ' and it's great. :hug:
Love and miss you both!!!! Glad to be here. <3
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Rabbi is beautiful—beautiful, but not very beautiful—not very beautiful, the story is like a centipede, as soon as it has been fixed by wit it is paralyzed, no longer able to move, not even backwards, and all the freedom and movement of the first half is lost. But apart from that it reads like a letter of JJJ—and if it is a letter then I will answer it.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Knowing SVS, do you still think she's sucking up to Jay?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:58 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Knowing SVS, do you still think she's sucking up to Jay?
Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am

why exactly do you seem concerned with an RVS vote here? Especially since JJJ literally called you out in a post and it seems he is assuming the role of town leader
I'm not concerned in the sense that I'm defensive about any sus on me, I think it'll disappear when I do more involved solving. I did want to know when/why people voted me to get readable info on them.

I don't see why you think me asking people about their votes means I'm concerned.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con gets a townlean. He seems more relaxed and free flowing than our last game together when he was mafia.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Having nothing to do with game, I'm shaving my head on Saturday, to help raise money to battle childhood cancer, through the St Baldricks foundations. The money goes directly to fund research. If you are willing to help out (no donation is too small), visit here: https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/Rabbiisa

I very much appreciate it!!

<iframe src="" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Anyways, I'm being silly, it's time to go to bed. I CAN read the S~V~S ISO that way. I can also read it as some generally friendly starter posts that are in-character and normal and not-alignment-indicative. I sent it out there in the more spicy way. Good night!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My tentative impression of Long Con is that he's less likely to poke the bear (S~V~S) right out of the gate, especially when prompted for any read at all, if he is mafia. Perhaps they could be teammates, but I have no reason to care about that theory.

So the net is a nice start for LC.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

You're the individual with purple hair, in the bottom left?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 am My tentative impression of Long Con is that he's less likely to poke the bear (S~V~S) right out of the gate, especially when prompted for any read at all, if he is mafia. Perhaps they could be teammates, but I have no reason to care about that theory.

Hard agree.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

game theory suggests that i should accept jjj as town leader on day one here, which i will do. rabbi seems town just by posting without any hesitation after returning to mafia and posting with familiar and unfamiliar players. everyone else is comfortably null even if i'm tempted to townread long con for being identical to past games, he has yet to rand wolf after bequeathing his presence back to syndicate games
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 am You're the individual with purple hair, in the bottom left?
Indeed...I'm actually in all of the photos. Before and afters from previous shaves. And then the one from this past Sunday when I was reading a book to kindergarten/first grade students.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:17 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 am You're the individual with purple hair, in the bottom left?
Indeed...I'm actually in all of the photos. Before and afters from previous shaves. And then the one from this past Sunday when I was reading a book to kindergarten/first grade students.
should read them the book of job while you're at it
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

You're not going to contribute to "threadspewing" Darling Monroe?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:19 am You're not going to contribute to "threadspewing" Darling Monroe?
i didn't wanna be that redundant
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 am
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am

I'm not concerned in the sense that I'm defensive about any sus on me, I think it'll disappear when I do more involved solving. I did want to know when/why people voted me to get readable info on them.

I don't see why you think me asking people about their votes means I'm concerned.
i honestly didn't notice it until it was pointed out by you I know robyn said they just voted there because Bereft was on it but I ain't too sure that you would get "readable info" off of wondering about an RVS vote, especially with robyn's NAI sheeping of Bereft, like that's just a dynamic thing they have :p
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 am My tentative impression of Long Con is that he's less likely to poke the bear (S~V~S) right out of the gate, especially when prompted for any read at all, if he is mafia. Perhaps they could be teammates, but I have no reason to care about that theory.

sounds like you are more of an chronic overthinker then me
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:19 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:17 am
should read them the book of job while you're at it
LOL. So not my favorite biblical book. Like, at all. Although Serious Man is one of my favorite movies.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

thinking Long Con is town for now

I like their Scotty read
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I don't find that logic overwrought from J^3.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m reasonably okay with robyn. That’s not a strong impression, but in POE terms the arrow is up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 am I’m reasonably okay with robyn. That’s not a strong impression, but in POE terms the arrow is up.
that's interesting, i was trying to prevent you from reading me
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

okay i said that previous thing without reading this and now the thought JJJ had makes sense
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I'm too lazy to check, but does anyone have an actual take on J^3?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 am I’m reasonably okay with robyn. That’s not a strong impression, but in POE terms the arrow is up.
I am JaggedJimmyJay. You might as well try to convince the Sun to stop burning.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am I'm too lazy to check, but does anyone have an actual take on J^3?
I like him for getting the ball rolling and gathering followable early town reads
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm Sure. I hope people share all of their takes on me, whatever they may be. We need something to talk about after all. :noble:
I just woke up from an impromptu nap and dreamt I was high up in a hot air balloon with a bear but then we both realized suddenly that he weighed too much and we plummeted down as gravity also realized at the same time as us. I’m pretty sure that bear led us to our deaths.

I therefore conclude you’re bad. Or ate too many berries. Though that’s not mutually exclusive
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:43 pmThe conclusion of this line of thought was to say that I think I do better, involvement-wise, if you ask me questions. I'm naturally more of a listener than a talker. This goes for anyone, but Sir JJJ is Mr Engagement, so I figured it's right up his alley.
Questions for Long Con:

Do you have any initial impressions of the folks you know best (e.g., S~V~S or Scotty)?

How do you feel about the two votes currently in the poll?
Damn, you ask me about THOSE two? :haha: Jesus. Ok, lemme go and see. And those votes!
:feb:
Just remember Long Con, I’m always town.

No, but this time I really am, you just gotta trust me
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am
I am JaggedJimmyJay. You might as well try to convince the Sun to stop burning.
i will have to try harder
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 am I just woke up from an impromptu nap and dreamt I was high up in a hot air balloon with a bear but then we both realized suddenly that he weighed too much and we plummeted down as gravity also realized at the same time as us. I’m pretty sure that bear led us to our deaths.

I therefore conclude you’re bad. Or ate too many berries. Though that’s not mutually exclusive
I see you when you’re sleeping. I know when you’re awake. I know if you’ve been bad or good.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Bereft i know whether you've been naughty or nice, and i hope you've been naughty
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

@Robyn How's the weather been?

Return to “Previous Heists”