The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 8]

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Not to sound harsh, but the Dom/Bass lynch was really close. It was not at all a one-sided affair.
his geeza knows wot 'e is talkin' abaht.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

^THIS geeza
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I've done some re-reading and have come away with the belief that Made is bad. His lack of vote for the Dom/Bass lynch and his defending of Snowy are two of the reasons I think a vote for him is the right thing to do.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

You know what? Screw it. Time to put my money where my mouth is on Made. Depending on how he flips, SD will look better or worse, so its a reasonable vote.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Dom was a Sorcerer, Bass was a Suit, they were the only two options on the board. It stands to reason that the teams did everything in their power to save their teammates by voting the other baddie. I have to assume that Snow Dog's Dom vote means that he was somehow forced to vote for Dom for whatever reason.
You don't believe that. Baddies aren't one-dimensional logic circuits. "It stands to reason" that a baddie would vote their teammate as distancing when they see that their teammate is already going down.
Not to sound harsh, but the Dom/Bass lynch was really close. It was not at all a one-sided affair. So, since neither of them were at any major disadvantage, again it seems logical to me that Suits voted Dom and Sorcerers (with the exception of a forced Snow Dog) voted Bass.
Who did you vote for?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Dom was a Sorcerer, Bass was a Suit, they were the only two options on the board. It stands to reason that the teams did everything in their power to save their teammates by voting the other baddie. I have to assume that Snow Dog's Dom vote means that he was somehow forced to vote for Dom for whatever reason.
You don't believe that. Baddies aren't one-dimensional logic circuits. "It stands to reason" that a baddie would vote their teammate as distancing when they see that their teammate is already going down.
Not to sound harsh, but the Dom/Bass lynch was really close. It was not at all a one-sided affair. So, since neither of them were at any major disadvantage, again it seems logical to me that Suits voted Dom and Sorcerers (with the exception of a forced Snow Dog) voted Bass.
Who did you vote for?
Check the voting record.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Switched my vote to Made. I should have been listening to my gut that Boomslang has sounded genuine all game, instead of doubting it recently. Sorry man. I do believe you sounded genuine in your most recent post, and that's enough for me to move to Made.

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Elohcin wrote:First off, Daisy's attitude of giving up is surprising to me. Daisy, can you go through Juliets case on you that you say is taken out of context and give us the specifics?
timmer wrote:For wot it is worf, I loike me case against made better. I put the case against ya equal ter the wahn against blooper. bof a step daahhhn wot I clock against made.

I can clock why people 're votin' ya, and I would not House To Let against ya bein' Sorry and Sad. but I won't be votin' ya today, I loike me Jack Jones stuff better.

:offtobed:
I agree with MP in that there are several suspects on my list....more than the number of baddies left. Then, there are those I eel I can fully trust as well. Daisy could be right that there is one among the "trustworthy" that is fooling the rest of us. But even if she is, I think we need to focus on those we feel have played a baddie game first. I mean, if we just forget about those we suspect and begin going after those we trust just to see if we can find the one who is fooling the rest of us....now THAT would be foolish. In fact, maybe Daisy is saying that to throw us off our tracks. Maybe she wants us to begin suspecting one another instead of all the others we suspect.

Boom, Daisy, Made, Blooper.....I'm okay with lynching any of those. I still suspect DH as well, but the fact that LC trusts him so much makes me want to try to trust him too.
Elo, I didn't post a case on Daisy. She originally voted me and I was trying to get her to explain her case but she didn't. She changed her vote to herself because she now wants to be lynched which I'm guessing is a civ move.
Why?
She sounded sincerely frustrated and genuine about wanting to go ahead and show people who she is so everything else will make sense. As a civ you only have yourself and the rest of the civs to worry about but when you're a baddie you've got a team dependent on your vote. I just don't think she would give up as a baddie.
I agree. I just was curious if you had a different read of it than I did, even though we came to the same conclusion.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Who did you vote for?
Check the voting record.
You voted Dom. Which makes you a Suit, right? ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Who did you vote for?
Check the voting record.
What does that make you?

Not *all* the voters were bad, thats just common sense. Please LC. This whole thing you've got going with splitting hairs is starting to drive me up a wall. Ignore facts all you want, but please tone back on the hair splitting semantics and circular logic. Its not becoming :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Who did you vote for?
Check the voting record.
What does that make you?

Not *all* the voters were bad, thats just common sense. Please LC. This whole thing you've got going with splitting hairs is starting to drive me up a wall. Ignore facts all you want, but please tone back on the hair splitting semantics and circular logic. Its not becoming :P
Okay, I was just playing with you that time, it's true. I'm just doing what I can, you know? You're doing awesomely, if I get a recruiting role in some game in the future, I will probably make you first pick. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:...if I get a recruiting role in some game in the future, I will probably make you first pick. :noble:
LOL Remember that one, kiddies!

I should make it a point to plant seeds in games for when I'm bad in the future, so that I can take advantage of people who go back and reread past games for clues. "DH wasn't recruited at al! That makes Long Con pretty unlikely to be the recruiter! :feb: :feb: :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good to have you admit you're throwing logic and facts out the window in favor of "messing with" me :D

I hope people remember *that* one as well, kiddies.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang, who are the players you suspect right now?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Good to have you admit you're throwing logic and facts out the window in favor of "messing with" me :D

I hope people remember *that* one as well, kiddies.
Hey, don't abuse my good nature! Image I never said anything like THAT!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Ain't got any time. Long hours in work and such.

I'm voting Made too, see previous posts for reasons.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Btw if he flips Sorceror, Mongoose is totally the other one.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Hey, votes...Catching up...
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ok, I have like no time beside right now and I'm on a phone so this is going to be fun. My vote for Dom for the wand was me arbitrarily Throwing it at him. Check my post history... Hold on....
Made
Hitman

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 3]

Post by Made »

Made wrote:Don't have time to catch up atm, but just want to get this out there:
zeek wrote:It's different. My vote isn't forced.
Well that throws a giant monkey wrench in what I was thinking... are you allowed to say more?

Also, here was my thought before you said that (and the reason I voted dom on the wand poll...kinda confused on why people followed me on that but, w/e)
I think Dom is Indy, specifically Hatter. My guess is that there's a caveat in the hatter's role saying that if he forces someone to vote, he must also vote that way. I guess this could translate further and say that now has to do w/e action zeek has to?

This idea would be supported by the idea that Dom's Case on Boomslang was a weak one, something i haven't had time to look into yet.
Thoughts? I'm not sure how this theory would be affected by what Zeek must do.

Dinner, back either tomorrow or late tonight.
This ^^^^ didn't trust him. Given for the wrong reason, but yeah. Going to have to recheck the timmer post for more things to reply to, stand by....
Made
Hitman

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 5]

Post by Made »

Made wrote:Holy fuck that was a lot to digest. Caught up, and don't have much coming up till next weekend, so i'm around for a while.

Going to start RE:SVS I love her curse, but someone said she outed herself. Was that a joke? Also, SVS, do you know who cursed you?

And as a General read on SVS, she seems more involved in this game than she is in games where she's good. In Misfits and Monty Python, I found myself able to bounce of her easily, later learning that in Misfits she was bad and Monty, she was attempting to get actions drawn to her.

Lilly is interesting... Having not read the harry potter series, I'm pretty sure that re:voldies' bio that if Lilly is a Horcrux, she will disappear by tomorrow. If she's still here, it would more likely be Snapes.
Lilly claim to be killed by Voldie would make her INH which I very much doubt considering 727 isn't currently a thing....unless It's a player that voldie voted for, which i'd call less likely.

I think the claims against TH is pretty weak, as if he were bad and had knowledge of Bass's role, he wouldn't of had any knowledge of Doms. While this could be called a weak theory/attempt to set Dom up for a lynch on today at its most vindictive , I wouldn't call it a slip.

I read over everything carefully, but I feel like i need to read it over again. I think vote analysis of Bass and DF would be the best use of our time for now, as anything Dom is Wifom city.

linki- Can someone explain Potter v SVS? I am so lost.
Taking completely out of context. Dom (and bass) are wifom city because we have to decide if a baddie would vote for their teammate or the alternative. Before I posted this, DH said "a baddie would vote for their own team presumably" or ssomething to that effect. So I said this as a counter point.

Simplifying my point.
There are three possible things a person Could of done during that lynch:

1. vote Dom
2. Vote bass
3. Vote both.

All three are (were? I've only skimmed since my last read)currently being used to say someone is bad

Obviously a baddie did, because those are the only three options!

I think I actually attacked of timmers post with this one so gonna look for a person go vote for now..... I think I know where I'm going....
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote: At this point, I'm finding the focus on the Dom/Bass lynch and the DF lynch to be too confining. I don't think that's the way we should be approaching this. I'm not saying we shouldn't consider the information, but to have it be the sole evidence may lead to a couple of civilian lynches.
this is exactly what I was saying previos. Acorrding to the Post from Timmer, you're obviously a suit because you want to look beyond a lynch involving DF and find underlying patterns. Sadly I'm gonna have to vote you.
;airguitar:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Caught up

I'm very much ok with a DH vote. If you're voting for me for information, then a Dh lynch makes even more sense

I think i wrote a lead I wanted to take, looking at those who voted snow (analysis that seemed to be ignored today?) and comparing that to other existing info, but I think a DH lynch needs to happen first.

Made is out pppeeeeaaaaccccceeeee
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
Made wrote:Holy fuck that was a lot to digest. Caught up, and don't have much coming up till next weekend, so i'm around for a while.

Going to start RE:SVS I love her curse, but someone said she outed herself. Was that a joke? Also, SVS, do you know who cursed you?

And as a General read on SVS, she seems more involved in this game than she is in games where she's good. In Misfits and Monty Python, I found myself able to bounce of her easily, later learning that in Misfits she was bad and Monty, she was attempting to get actions drawn to her.

Lilly is interesting... Having not read the harry potter series, I'm pretty sure that re:voldies' bio that if Lilly is a Horcrux, she will disappear by tomorrow. If she's still here, it would more likely be Snapes.
Lilly claim to be killed by Voldie would make her INH which I very much doubt considering 727 isn't currently a thing....unless It's a player that voldie voted for, which i'd call less likely.

I think the claims against TH is pretty weak, as if he were bad and had knowledge of Bass's role, he wouldn't of had any knowledge of Doms. While this could be called a weak theory/attempt to set Dom up for a lynch on today at its most vindictive , I wouldn't call it a slip.

I read over everything carefully, but I feel like i need to read it over again. I think vote analysis of Bass and DF would be the best use of our time for now, as anything Dom is Wifom city.

Taking completely out of context. Dom (and bass) are wifom city because we have to decide if a baddie would vote for their teammate or the alternative. Before I posted this, DH said "a baddie would vote for their own team presumably" or ssomething to that effect. So I said this as a counter point.

Simplifying my point.

1. vote Dom
2. Vote bass
3. Vote both.

All three are (were? I've only skimmed since my last read)currently being used to say someone is bad

I think I actually attacked of timmers post with this one so gonna look for a person go vote for now..... I think I know where I'm going....
When did I say a baddie would vote for their own teammate? What.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Boomslang, who are the players you suspect right now?
Based on my thoughts about the innocence of Spacedaisy, DH and SVS have attracted my attention due to their cases earlier in the day. I also noticed a bit of agreement/coordinated discussion between these two, possibly propelled by BTSC. I'm not too hyped about the Made push; I'm not reading anything crazily baddie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:
Based on my thoughts about the innocence of Spacedaisy, DH and SVS have attracted my attention due to their cases earlier in the day. I also noticed a bit of agreement/coordinated discussion between these two, possibly propelled by BTSC. I'm not too hyped about the Made push; I'm not reading anything crazily baddie.

SVS is literally confirmed civ.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

'ow's tha?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

'ow's tha?
Are you being serious or did you miss the Lily Potter incident?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Made wrote:

Simplifying my point.

1. vote Dom
2. Vote bass
3. Vote both.

When did I say a baddie would vote for their own teammate? What.
Sorry, you said the opposite, then snowy show up to have voted for his own teammate, dom. I really gotta go. If i'm online, yell at me.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

It is a Pin' Pong assumption, and wahn I agree wif, but it is Beechams Pill only an assumption.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Does the Cockney translator turn "trouble" into "Barney", like in Ocean's Eleven?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:Does the Cockney translator turn "trouble" into "Barney", like in Ocean's Eleven?
Barney Rubble! :srsnod:
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:slick: Nice!
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

http://www.phespirit.info/cockney/slang_to_english.htm

I get you, timmer, but I'm British :P
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I am gonna vote made now. I will try to check back later to see if we change our minds and decide to go with dh. Dunnno if I will be able to make it back or not.

Tinker's curse is finally starting to help me understand Cockney rhyme a bit. So there's that..
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Tinker, eh? Sometimes my phone corrects it to "Tinker", but sometimes to "Rimmer", I am always careful to proof more carefully when i am talking about Timmer, lol.

I am happy with my vote. Is

And lol Boomslang.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

LOL yea - my phone.is.bad in the first place. Tack on my extreeme.tired and yea....enjoy my typos all :)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

<----- this Marmot would like a rezz.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

I tried, l'il Marmot. I could find no way to bring you back.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Personal Foul, on the Defense! Talking to Dead Players

15 yards, automatic first down.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow the posting.

I think Made seems like a good choice at this point. He voted for Dom to get the wand Night 2, and he missed the infamous Bass-Dom lynch. He also voted DH when both Snowy and DF were lynched. His vote record is shoddy, but I'd especially expect sorcerer out of him because of the Dom wand thing.

Post-wise, he's so zany that I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary from him, but I think he does that on purpose all the time.

Still don't totally trust Boom, but I it helps my opinion of him to see he's back and contributing.

Also, my phone always autocorrects timmer to "timer".
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Elohcin wrote:If any of yall say you never dream about mafia....I will tell you you are lying :) haha....sometimes I will try to roll epi over cause he is snoring and he will tell me who to lynch.
:haha: This is creepy, but funny.
zeek wrote:Btw if he flips Sorceror, Mongoose is totally the other one.
Why's that?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:Personal Foul, on the Defense! Talking to Dead Players

Also, the bloomin' cobbler's awls were deflated, so that's anovver penalty.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Does this mean I am benched :( ?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Personal Foul, on the Defense! Talking to Dead Players

Also, the bloomin' cobbler's awls were deflated, so that's anovver penalty.
:haha:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Does this mean I am benched :( ?
You're lucky you weren't ejected from the game!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Well, it was between Made and Boomslang for my vote today. I stated my reasons and my case for Made, so I'll go with that. I am a bit surprised that there are so many votes for him given the tone/direction of last night, and I'll admit it's slightly unnerving, but not enough to dispel my suspicion of him.

Should I make fudge or chocolate cake? I feel like stress baking/cooking, and apparently yesterday was National Chocolate Cake Day and I baked not a damned thing :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

I vote fudge :)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

S~V~S wrote:I vote fudge :)
Fudge it is!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Holy bandwagon. I don't think I want to get on that thing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm willing to listen to suggestions. I still like a dh vote but me n lc seem to be the only ones giving that way.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”