Total votes: 12
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 49

Re: Wolfwalkers Lá a Dó (D2)

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am though unless DM tries to pivot off or unvote, ill assume there's only 1 wolf between baker and DM
[VOTE: DM] aubergine

Feeling wild
Aha, they did pivot off. called it lmao

[VOTE: Darling Monroe] aubergine
pivot off where? are we playing the same game?
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:06 pm I think DM has shown some signs of their town range.

Guess I'm at Baker > DM but will stay in Stick for shits and giggles
youre being good at this game again, i like you :)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 202

Re: Wolfwalkers Oíche Nialais (N0)

Post by DrWilgy »

Stick review d1
Stick wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:01 am 1. I’m choosing to believe falcon’s townclaim until further notice

2. Scotty is probably a villager for attempting to make reads right out of the gate
Potential tmi on Falc
Stick wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:36 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:32 pm
Stick wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:26 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:08 pm
Garebare2468 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:18 pm This is my first game.
what's your motivation in mafia? Like what attracts you to the game or what brings you to this site or etc?

I don't feel much excitement from this, which is fine as everyone plays and treats forum mafia differently, but it gets me concerned I will understand so little of you that I won't be able to tell if you're town or not just because you could be different from me.
this felt a little too phoned in, forgor to comment on it earlier

[VOTE: MartinGG99] aubergine
phoned in? O.o

and generally yes poll votes are official vote, just vote tags help track history
it's like youre trying to show us that youre thinking about the game very hard? but in like a lowkey performative way? i could just be misreading your playstyle - sorry if that's the case xd. still early in the phase tho we got time, this isnt a strong read at all
Further support of the no Martin/Stick team. Upon review, this one comes across as pretty hedgey.
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:26 am martin's made some redeeming posts and im happy to join them on [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

:beer:
flips boat on Martin
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:59 pm honestly, wilgy's scumgame (going off the one game ive played with them) was a lot more centered on posting busy work and, well, showing some kind of process even if it was not the most intuitive way one would solve

not to say people cant have different playstyles as scum varying from game to game, but something to note because i dont really see that kinda play from wilgy here
Second conclusion drawn from Stick that at least has depth to it is on me.
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:06 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:18 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:16 am Abbi is gonna reread this from the start this time hopefully with like... the ability to retain info
No, impossible, I've tried 3 times already.
like i am probably unironically just going to townread this even tho it's the easiest post in the world to fake
weird as the meta call on me was already made. Feels extra.

Towards EoD there's some suspicion thrown at LC and Baker and then ending ultimately on Falc who had the loos rvs town read earlier.

Eh, Sticks d1 was very meh. Much of d1 was very meh, so I don't know how to quantify against that. I'll say the hedgey behavior towards Martin, the extra flashiness and statements about ending on LC without context towards LC make me feel worse about the slot than I had previously.

Martin and Stick not W/W
MR and Stick not W/W
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

@Scotty are upset at me for saying you and baker could be wolves? xD awwe
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:01 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:44 pm
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:49 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:47 am DM has now done two things I actually noticed that I think are a bit towny. So no, Stick, we shall not team up at this juncture. Soz.
pls share
There was this sequence:
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:53 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 am
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:51 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:47 am
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:21 am actually no, i want this more today:

:popcorn:

@Master Radishes let's join forces and vote DM
I've paid no attention to DM's posts tbh so no opinion.
most of their posts have words that amount to nothing, pretty much
Probably why I don't consciously remember a single post of theirs.
wow, so kind individuals
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am

why are so many of your recent votes related to bashing me?

im not even one of your 3 votes; im on baker, but i could be petty and make it 4 on you

i wont, since i think baker is scummier, but after your recent posts i think i might feel differently
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:56 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 am
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:51 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:47 am

I've paid no attention to DM's posts tbh so no opinion.
most of their posts have words that amount to nothing, pretty much
Probably why I don't consciously remember a single post of theirs.
not even the ones that were quoted multiple times? so much for paying attention and playing the game
I like how they roll their eyes at my post (which does come across as a bit 'wow rude' though it wasn't my intention), go bring up something else, then come back to roll their eyes even harder at me.

It felt like genuine mild annoyance at what I'd said, and now reading it in slow mo I remember scum can be genuinely annoyed too, but in the moment my initial instinct was a towny annoyance.

I don't remember what the second thing was, now.
That certainly doesn’t change the diaper for me
NO NO NO NO WAIT WAIT WAIT NOT HERE TOO
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:03 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:06 pm I think DM has shown some signs of their town range.

Your omgus tendencies, while consistent through your alignment, doesn't fail to entertain me.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Holy shit ow. My jaw just locked/cramped on one side and it was like super painful. Never happened before. Ow.

I need more water and less coffee.
Image Image Image
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:06 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Your omgus tendencies, while consistent through your alignment, doesn't fail to entertain me.
better to be ridiculous and entertaining than boring and forgetful

;)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 230
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:03 pm @Scotty are upset at me for saying you and baker could be wolves? xD awwe
I actually forgot you said that.

Not a bizarre take because I probably could distance like that. But this isn’t how to get me to not vote you.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:16 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:03 pm @Scotty are upset at me for saying you and baker could be wolves? xD awwe

Not a bizarre take because I probably could distance like that. But this isn’t how to get me to not vote you.
I was just wanna know because I am town, and that's not coming across to you, it seems; so i am trying to improve
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:21 pm

I was just wanna know because I am town, and that's not coming across to you, it seems; so i am trying to improve
I see you’re still voting stick though.

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:26 pm

you wanna do baker?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Stick d2 review
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:58 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:01 pm also, like

re "crazy"

I guess I could be crazy but honestly fuck that the opinion / not you, we have 250ish posts, several very low posting/contributing players, and I'm not consistently superb at playing mafia

right now I'm just trying, saying things, dumping whatever thoughts I have that might even be 10% relevant

contributing somehow in the hopes we all figure something out

maybe that constitutes crazy but like its not as if I can avoid being that if the circumstances promote it or whatever
ok i know i just said i had a townlean on you but this is giving performative wolf vibes again im sorry flsdfl
More hedging on the Martin alot lol
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:01 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:02 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:52 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

party at my place tonight if I'm indeed obvious villager!
I give this vote a B-
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:53 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine i wont stop a falcon wagon tho
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:54 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

ok ill consolidate here lol
I give this vote a C-, borderline F.

Voting a wagon while hedging a town? Makes me just want to townread LC by association with this vote.
baker wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:54 pm

[VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

please don't die martin

these wolves will rip me apart!!!
I give this vote a C- as well.
I don’t know baker as a player, but this screams performative, and not in the one winning any awards

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:12 pm [VOTE: Falc] aubergine I've missed you buddy
I give this vote a B+
Being that it was the initial vote and stayed there for the last 2 hours of the day, while Wilgy was involved and present, is not incredibly suspicious.

Gotta be honest, I came into today based on backreading comments at end of day wanting Wilgy’s head, but I don’t think his vote on that wagon is the most suspicious after looking at the votes in iso.

Baker had seemingly no reason to vote falcon based on what’s shown. It could be said Stick was just looking to ‘consolidate their vote’ which is a towny quality in binary terms, but the post voting for LC while shrugging about the falcon vote was super weird to me.
this is...a pretty ok analysis of those votes, ill say. mostly because i think your assessment of what my vote there looks reasonable and id have agreed with it if those posts werent made my me LOL
agreement with Scotty's review
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:03 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:47 pm Something funky with that end of day vote pile on falcon.
I’m looking at you, Martin/wilgy/stick/baker.

Not all of those are bad, but I find it hard to believe that was all town. Nothing about falcon seemed particularly suspicious to me.

My initial perception is it was a save on Abbi based on votes, but that’s if there were 3+ mafia. Abbi didn’t even save herself which is…uhhh…sure something.

Anyway 9v3 seems overpowered. Could be 9 v 2 v 1 I guess.
But I dunno what the 3p would be. SK seems almost impossible with no kill last night.

Probably operating under 10v2 with some powerful scum PRs until we see a reason to believe otherwise.
Weird implying I was part of the pile on.

10 v 2 is a 4 misyeeter
9 v 3 is a 3 misyeeter

Both theoretically within a realm of balance, the latter being slightly scum favored. Probably try to play for the first and hope?
You weren’t. You started it- I clarified in my next post.

I think you came out of that looking townier, which is annoying because I really thought I had you
okay this is a pretty townie development of thought ngl
into townie process actually seems like reasonable progression
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:19 am
DarlingMonroe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:35 am @Stick what happened with the first point? so much for believing falcon was town then being a part of the vote to lynch them at end of day 1....
nah i only said that to see how falcon would react to it lol. i wouldve townread them if theyd just accepted that garbage read but instead they went on to explain their meta and how they do this every game which was a response i'd chalked up to NAI. my thought was: wolves would feel bound to correct someone reading them on those grounds so as to not come off as opportunistic about accepting naked townreads on them, whereas villagers generally dont actually care about these things that early in the game and ignore it/accept the read in a nonserious way. i thought their response was ultimately just nai though cuz town can point out inaccurate rationales just as well. falcon reacting to my read in the alternative way wouldve been more telling. /shrug
Checks out

After this there's a bunch of back and forth with dm that seems decently akin to my own thoughts prior to DM joining the game fully.

Thoughts: Stick looks much better D2 but a lot of the game also does. There's a few things in there that I can see coming from a townie mindset that aren't as preformatory such as the Scotty progression. Hedgey behavior towards Martin is still bad though.
The DM interactions of recent can be seen 2 ways.
1. Town spotted the same omgus behavior that DM tends to do as any alignment and reads it as scummy (easy to do I think as I'm still borderline on the slot with only slight townie pings from other solving behavior I see from DM)
2. Wolf with pressure saw that DM could be a pivotable CW and is in effort to take it.

Conclusion.

I'd put Stick at like the bottom of yellow. Above null but below town leans. Stick can be a wolf, there's some merit to it in interactions with DM, LC, and Martin. Stick can be T, there's some to merit to it in interactions with Abi, DM, Scotty. I'd not flip right now, but also wouldn't cry about it. I think other wolf reads take priority than the hedgey Stick slot.
Image Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Master Radishes »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:01 pm That certainly doesn’t change the diaper for me
I mean I wasn't trying to change your diaper. I was asked a question by someone else and I answered it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:31 pm

you wanna do baker?
If you had a choice between baker and stick, which is more of a home run to you?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I guess something else of note. There seems to be a lot of unoriginal ideas from Stick in spite of them having 85 posts.

I don't think it changes where I'd put them on the rainbow though. Carry on.
Image Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 pm Thoughts: Stick looks much better D2 but a lot of the game also does. There's a few things in there that I can see coming from a townie mindset that aren't as preformatory such as the Scotty progression. Hedgey behavior towards Martin is still bad though.
Why is Stick hedging on Martin bad? Like I'm internally hedging the fuck out of Martin because his style is one that is easy to find scummy imo.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:37 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 pm Thoughts: Stick looks much better D2 but a lot of the game also does. There's a few things in there that I can see coming from a townie mindset that aren't as preformatory such as the Scotty progression. Hedgey behavior towards Martin is still bad though.
Why is Stick hedging on Martin bad? Like I'm internally hedging the fuck out of Martin because his style is one that is easy to find scummy imo.
With Stick it feels more like "In keeping my options open on you" rather than I'm changing my conclusions on you. For whatever that's worth.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:36 pm I guess something else of note. There seems to be a lot of unoriginal ideas from Stick in spite of them having 85 posts.

I don't think it changes where I'd put them on the rainbow though. Carry on.
I think I’m just gonna sheep whatever you decide today Wilgy

Because as much as I feel like stick is town, a lot of that has to do with the involvement and not necessarily the content. It could very well be that stick is progressing through reads that aren’t wholly original as a wolf tactic to appear tryhardy. I think I’m in the same boat that I wouldn’t cry if stick were the choice today but I think there are better options at the moment with middling people that are definitely more blendy.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Abd I guess I get it because Martin I feel like is someone I could put back on PoE and be fine with that, but I don't think that's correct as it stands.
Image Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

I don't have much to say to argue /against/ a Baker or DM yeet here.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also @baker I should note that your posts as a whole on D1 weren’t performative- it was that one post voting for falcon that seemed like a fake, perform-y justification

Master Radishes
Hitman

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:39 pm
With Stick it feels more like "In keeping my options open on you" rather than I'm changing my conclusions on you. For whatever that's worth.
Gotcha.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:40 pm I don't have much to say to argue /against/ a Baker or DM yeet here.
I'm at the point where DM has earned the "let them cook" slot.

LC and Stick have fallen out of that domain.

My preferred yeet RN is Baker for reasons I've explained previously. Also the lack of response to me in spite of voicing that feels like they are choosing to not be forthcoming at this point
Image Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:41 pm Also @baker I should note that your posts as a whole on D1 weren’t performative- it was that one post voting for falcon that seemed like a fake, perform-y justification
I felt that post (not gonna go check it now but I know which one you mean) was too over the top to be a wolf genuinely trying to be performative. It felt like a town being overdramatic for funsies to me.

Baker's reaction to your wagon analysis was the bit I could see being performative. Not saying it definitely is, but it felt like an overreaction to what was fairly standard thoughts.
Stick
The Mark
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Stick »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:02 pm
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Stick wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am though unless DM tries to pivot off or unvote, ill assume there's only 1 wolf between baker and DM
[VOTE: DM] aubergine

Feeling wild
Aha, they did pivot off. called it lmao

pivot off where? are we playing the same game?
off baker :p
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 pm
Stick d2 review
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:58 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:01 pm also, like

re "crazy"

I guess I could be crazy but honestly fuck that the opinion / not you, we have 250ish posts, several very low posting/contributing players, and I'm not consistently superb at playing mafia

right now I'm just trying, saying things, dumping whatever thoughts I have that might even be 10% relevant

contributing somehow in the hopes we all figure something out

maybe that constitutes crazy but like its not as if I can avoid being that if the circumstances promote it or whatever
ok i know i just said i had a townlean on you but this is giving performative wolf vibes again im sorry flsdfl
More hedging on the Martin alot lol
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:01 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:02 pm

I give this vote a B-
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:53 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine i wont stop a falcon wagon tho
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:54 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

ok ill consolidate here lol
I give this vote a C-, borderline F.

Voting a wagon while hedging a town? Makes me just want to townread LC by association with this vote.

please don't die martin

I give this vote a C- as well.
I don’t know baker as a player, but this screams performative, and not in the one winning any awards

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:12 pm [VOTE: Falc] aubergine I've missed you buddy
I give this vote a B+
Being that it was the initial vote and stayed there for the last 2 hours of the day, while Wilgy was involved and present, is not incredibly suspicious.

Gotta be honest, I came into today based on backreading comments at end of day wanting Wilgy’s head, but I don’t think his vote on that wagon is the most suspicious after looking at the votes in iso.

Baker had seemingly no reason to vote falcon based on what’s shown. It could be said Stick was just looking to ‘consolidate their vote’ which is a towny quality in binary terms, but the post voting for LC while shrugging about the falcon vote was super weird to me.
this is...a pretty ok analysis of those votes, ill say. mostly because i think your assessment of what my vote there looks reasonable and id have agreed with it if those posts werent made my me LOL
agreement with Scotty's review
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:03 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:47 pm Something funky with that end of day vote pile on falcon.
I’m looking at you, Martin/wilgy/stick/baker.

Not all of those are bad, but I find it hard to believe that was all town. Nothing about falcon seemed particularly suspicious to me.

My initial perception is it was a save on Abbi based on votes, but that’s if there were 3+ mafia. Abbi didn’t even save herself which is…uhhh…sure something.

Anyway 9v3 seems overpowered. Could be 9 v 2 v 1 I guess.
But I dunno what the 3p would be. SK seems almost impossible with no kill last night.

Probably operating under 10v2 with some powerful scum PRs until we see a reason to believe otherwise.
Weird implying I was part of the pile on.

10 v 2 is a 4 misyeeter
9 v 3 is a 3 misyeeter

Both theoretically within a realm of balance, the latter being slightly scum favored. Probably try to play for the first and hope?
You weren’t. You started it- I clarified in my next post.

I think you came out of that looking townier, which is annoying because I really thought I had you
okay this is a pretty townie development of thought ngl
into townie process actually seems like reasonable progression
Stick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:19 am
DarlingMonroe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:35 am @Stick what happened with the first point? so much for believing falcon was town then being a part of the vote to lynch them at end of day 1....
nah i only said that to see how falcon would react to it lol. i wouldve townread them if theyd just accepted that garbage read but instead they went on to explain their meta and how they do this every game which was a response i'd chalked up to NAI. my thought was: wolves would feel bound to correct someone reading them on those grounds so as to not come off as opportunistic about accepting naked townreads on them, whereas villagers generally dont actually care about these things that early in the game and ignore it/accept the read in a nonserious way. i thought their response was ultimately just nai though cuz town can point out inaccurate rationales just as well. falcon reacting to my read in the alternative way wouldve been more telling. /shrug
Checks out

After this there's a bunch of back and forth with dm that seems decently akin to my own thoughts prior to DM joining the game fully.

Thoughts: Stick looks much better D2 but a lot of the game also does. There's a few things in there that I can see coming from a townie mindset that aren't as preformatory such as the Scotty progression. Hedgey behavior towards Martin is still bad though.
The DM interactions of recent can be seen 2 ways.
1. Town spotted the same omgus behavior that DM tends to do as any alignment and reads it as scummy (easy to do I think as I'm still borderline on the slot with only slight townie pings from other solving behavior I see from DM)
2. Wolf with pressure saw that DM could be a pivotable CW and is in effort to take it.

Conclusion.

I'd put Stick at like the bottom of yellow. Above null but below town leans. Stick can be a wolf, there's some merit to it in interactions with DM, LC, and Martin. Stick can be T, there's some to merit to it in interactions with Abi, DM, Scotty. I'd not flip right now, but also wouldn't cry about it. I think other wolf reads take priority than the hedgey Stick slot.
i think this is fair and that wilgy is a villager :beer:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Just will throw it out there to the wind that I like that Wilgy gave a review of Stick that seemed a bit lazy on the surface, but he clearly had thought about his conclusions a little bit (in his follow up post 566 and his response to me about Stick being hedgey).

Anyway, carry on.
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:39 pm
definitely true, havent changed my conclusion on martin but i wouldnt call it 'keeping my options open' bc that's the wolf motivation for what im doing - id call it 'constantly re-evaluating and not blindly trusting my read from d1' (that's the village motivation for this, and i am a villager you can trust me :) )
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 174
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:38 pmI didn’t see it as willfully outing you as town at all. He mentioned me appealing to your authority, which doesn’t towntell you??
oh please enlighten me as to why wolves (assuming baker wolf) would make around-the-bout and indirect comments to each other about the other being manipulated by an appeal to authority or whatever

because an appeal to authority is just meaningless to wolves and wolves can't really be manipulated since they know everything -- only way this could remotely (and only remotely at that) make sense is if he was telling a wolf buddy about a way to flip a read on someone else but if that's the case why do it publicly or even just discuss it with them on the idea of pressuring scotty lol

if you think that's w/w then that's just your sucky opinion, because you would be supposing the wolves are playing bad or pointlessly in order to probably satisfy whatever bias you have
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
baker
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 88

Post by baker »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:41 pm Also @baker I should note that your posts as a whole on D1 weren’t performative- it was that one post voting for falcon that seemed like a fake, perform-y justification
thats fair

but honestly, i didnt read a single falcon post when i was voting falcon and when i saw the flip i was laughing at how we messed up massively
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:51 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:38 pmI didn’t see it as willfully outing you as town at all. He mentioned me appealing to your authority, which doesn’t towntell you??
oh please enlighten me as to why wolves (assuming baker wolf) would make around-the-bout and indirect comments to each other about the other being manipulated by an appeal to authority or whatever

because an appeal to authority is just meaningless to wolves and wolves can't really be manipulated since they know everything -- only way this could remotely (and only remotely at that) make sense is if he was telling a wolf buddy about a way to flip a read on someone else but if that's the case why do it publicly or even just discuss it with them on the idea of pressuring scotty lol

if you think that's w/w then that's just your sucky opinion, because you would be supposing the wolves are playing bad or pointlessly in order to probably satisfy whatever bias you have
I…don’t think this is w/w? Maybe I don’t know what we’re actually talking about

baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm
I felt that post (not gonna go check it now but I know which one you mean) was too over the top to be a wolf genuinely trying to be performative. It felt like a town being overdramatic for funsies to me.

Baker's reaction to your wagon analysis was the bit I could see being performative. Not saying it definitely is, but it felt like an overreaction to what was fairly standard thoughts.
yeah i did overreact to scotty as a response to what i thought was an overreaction to the eod1 cw. while this doesn't clear scotty, it does raise the question if they were opportunistic in pushing the people from previous wagon or they are using deductive processes in favor of generating discussion for rest of us. i am not the judge of that difference check so i placed my vote there and assumed the worst since i don't know what kind of a player they are. it is up to you guys to decide if this is a legit strat for a wolf or town, i can say this would never be my approach as a wolf but feel free to burn me if you must
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think the talking and progression in the past 24 hours from MR is a good look.

Time for a rainbow list

Wilgy
MR

Martin
Stick

PA
Long Con
Robyn

baker
Garebear

DM

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:01 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:51 pm

I…don’t think this is w/w? Maybe I don’t know what we’re actually talking about
Oh.

Well I think I just misinterpreted you. Sorry I was just grouchy from waking up to the thought of someone trying to connect me to baker and completely contradict my thoughts lol.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

also sorry again for not gaming, i have school stuff -_-

feel free to chop me if you must
DrWilgy

Re: Wolfwalkers Lá a hAon (D1)

Post by DrWilgy »

Baker d1
baker wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:15 pm i think i am gonna sheep chibi fami on d1
Arbitrary
baker wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:46 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:38 pm
baker wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:37 pm When is the EoD anyway
22 minutes

fami senpai is still drinking probably.

i am a sucker for early one-tailed directions and saving my energy for later

you mentioned i am less likely to be a wolf & more likely to be a villager

ig i can sheep you instead

please don't die martin

Arbitrary and overly buddy buddy

Baker's d1 was as poor as I remember. They were in and out for most of the day and not one conclusion or rhyme to their reason was provided.

Martin Baker not W/W

Oddly enough, Martin is becoming a much firmer town read as the people I see are unlikely partners to them.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:09 pm also sorry again for not gaming, i have school stuff -_-

I hope your school stuff is going well for you.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:04 pm

yeah i did overreact to scotty as a response to what i thought was an overreaction to the eod1 cw. while this doesn't clear scotty, it does raise the question if they were opportunistic in pushing the people from previous wagon or they are using deductive processes in favor of generating discussion for rest of us. i am not the judge of that difference check so i placed my vote there and assumed the worst since i don't know what kind of a player they are. it is up to you guys to decide if this is a legit strat for a wolf or town, i can say this would never be my approach as a wolf but feel free to burn me if you must
We haven’t played together before, but my strength lies in finding flip associations. Since we only have a flip on a D1 elim, it’s a lot less to go on, so I turn into a bit of a cracked our conspiracy nut in these cases

Not that I think my ideas are all that cracked out, mind you.

I don’t know how you operate as a wolf, and I infer that you have experience playing as a wolf, and your reaction to me entering D2 is I think not as wolfy as it could have been if you were, say, new.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:06 pm I think the talking and progression in the past 24 hours from MR is a good look.

Time for a rainbow list

Wilgy
MR

Martin
Stick

PA
Long Con
Robyn

baker
Garebear

DM
Acrually, drop PA down to the LC/robyn tier because I realize I townread her for reasons of non association: with only 2 wolves, she wasn’t being saved and if there are 3, and at least 1 was on the falcon wagon (which at this point would be exactly baker)

baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:10 pm
baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:09 pm also sorry again for not gaming, i have school stuff -_-

I hope your school stuff is going well for you.
thank you

ive passed my tests on Monday and Wednesday. I have a presentation to finish for tomorrow and a final test on Saturday so it is all going ok ig

I will play better on later days but if there is trouble reading into my alignment feel free to chop me out. i am vanilla
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

has garebare posted at all today?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:35 pm

you wanna do baker?
If you had a choice between baker and stick, which is more of a home run to you?
stick bc all of their reasonings are nonsensical and baker is enjoyable
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:06 pm I think the talking and progression in the past 24 hours from MR is a good look.

Time for a rainbow list

Wilgy
MR

Martin
Stick

PA
Long Con
Robyn

baker
Garebear

DM
i dont think theres ever been a time/game where you havent listed me as non-town so it is what it is
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:35 pm

you wanna do baker?
stick bc all of their reasonings are nonsensical and baker is enjoyable

Time for a rainbow list

Wilgy
MR

Martin
Stick

PA
Long Con
Robyn

baker
Garebear

DM
i dont think theres ever been a time/game where you havent listed me as non-town so it is what it is
I’m bound to be right one of these days :biggrin:

DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

if u say so, scotty
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:10 pm
baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:04 pm

We haven’t played together before, but my strength lies in finding flip associations. Since we only have a flip on a D1 elim, it’s a lot less to go on, so I turn into a bit of a cracked our conspiracy nut in these cases

Not that I think my ideas are all that cracked out, mind you.

I don’t know how you operate as a wolf, and I infer that you have experience playing as a wolf, and your reaction to me entering D2 is I think not as wolfy as it could have been if you were, say, new.

here is a little homework for you guys on my wolf/town games

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ia-Victory

my latest completed wolfgame

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/splatf ... ory/6608/1

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthre ... rd-Roles-3

my latest town games
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Baker's starting to lean into the same behaviors he had when he was mischopped d1 as a town once.

I am biased to believe it, but thought I would mention for the sake of others.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:25 pm Baker's starting to lean into the same behaviors he had when he was mischopped d1 as a town once.

I am biased to believe it, but thought I would mention for the sake of others.
i do often score 2 out of 3 wolves on every game regardless of alignment so there is -ev in chopping me

but also there is +ev in chopping me because you know there is a good chance a wolf was pushing for my chop lol
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

baker has 1 vote rn, idk how realistic it is he gets chopped today
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

this game, i still have no clear thoughts on who is what in general. i do feel like MR is town on initial readings

Return to “Previous Rackets”