Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:17 pm So your chop is DM > Pyxxy > Robyn/Porscha (LC checks them by now) > Tutuu/Leetic (LC checked one of them if still alive) if the game is still going?
I was thinking until now Pyxxy has to go first but I kind of was just getting to a thought where DM is mafia regardless of Pyxxy's alignment.

I still think Pyxxy probably needs resolved first though because it resolves more of the other slots as a hedge bet than a DM flip does.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Pyxxy flip for instance does more to resolve me and Tutuu whereas a DM flip kind of sorts nothing but Pyxxy?
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:19 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:17 pm So your chop is DM > Pyxxy > Robyn/Porscha (LC checks them by now) > Tutuu/Leetic (LC checked one of them if still alive) if the game is still going?
I was thinking until now Pyxxy has to go first but I kind of was just getting to a thought where DM is mafia regardless of Pyxxy's alignment.

I still think Pyxxy probably needs resolved first though because it resolves more of the other slots as a hedge bet than a DM flip does.
if I survive the night then pyxxy Dm wagon with me on pyxxy
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 167

Post by DarlingMonroe »

it just feels like a lot of echo-chambering in here
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

leetic/pyxxy/P.A./tutuu

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

You doubt my claim?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:33 pm You doubt my claim?
what's your claim again?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

theres 10 players left, having you ranked 7th is basically town lean
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:30 pm it just feels like a lot of echo-chambering in here
arriving to a consensus sounds like that and is a good thing given town have a numbers advantage and communicating our thoughts is the only way to uncover commonality and see whose thoughts aren't lining up with the towns.

griping about a town sorting through the game to find commonality and calling it echo chambering comes across like a discouraged wolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:32 pm leetic/pyxxy/P.A./tutuu

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next
why is Robyn on the outside looking in here?

and if Pyxxy is among your sharpest suspicions, why did you vote Serhal over them? Serhal being the definition of a shrug at best?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:43 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:30 pm it just feels like a lot of echo-chambering in here
arriving to a consensus sounds like that and is a good thing given town have a numbers advantage and communicating our thoughts is the only way to uncover commonality and see whose thoughts aren't lining up with the towns.

griping about a town sorting through the game to find commonality and calling it echo chambering comes across like a discouraged wolf.
then thats your lack of imagination if you cant see it as tired town fed up of being misread
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:44 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

and if Pyxxy is among your sharpest suspicions, why did you vote Serhal over them? Serhal being the definition of a shrug at best?
why would I list serhal when they already flipped town? obviously i felt serhal was wolfier then pyxxy, once i saw i was wrong, i changed my read... ?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

confused why long con stayed w/ serhal vote and tying w/ rondo instead of switching to scotty?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:46 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

why would I list serhal when they already flipped town? obviously i felt serhal was wolfier then pyxxy, once i saw i was wrong, i changed my read... ?
I am asking once again why you chose Serhal over Pyxxy? You said you found them more suspicious than Pyxxy and I am asking why.

And why do you townread Robyn?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:43 pm

then thats your lack of imagination if you cant see it as tired town fed up of being misread
Maybe but I'm giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt in asking your opinion on things so it's not like I'm being unfair.

So far I've asked for you to give me your thoughts on the list of players townreading me, you didn't.

Then I asked why you suspected Serhal over Pyxxy. You haven't yet explained that yet either.

Now I've asked why you're townreading Robyn. Which you ignored in favour of misinterpretation (that's the good faith explanation) the other paragraph instead.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:51 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

I am asking once again why you chose Serhal over Pyxxy? You said you found them more suspicious than Pyxxy and I am asking why.

And why do you townread Robyn?
because all of serhal post have seemed filler to me and not really town-like... and re: robyn, they just seem like the town robyn i've seen play the past few times... im kinda used to their messy reads xD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Someone (not DM) explain to me how DM could have misunderstood my question in a way that results in them implying I asked them to list Serhal?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:55 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Someone (not DM) explain to me how DM could have misunderstood my question in a way that results in them implying I asked them to list Serhal?
for all i know, both pyxxy and serhal are town so idk what youre trying to find here... and when previous to Serhal's lynch, did i say pyxxy was one of my sharpest suspicions? what?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

why didnt you vote pyxxy over rondo then ? @MacDougall
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:48 pm confused why long con stayed w/ serhal vote and tying w/ rondo instead of switching to scotty?
It was kind of a frantic time, posting on my phone from the jobsite. I can't claim I was acting optimally at the time.

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Perhaps they misread "vote" as "list"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:59 pm why didnt you vote pyxxy over rondo then ? @MacDougall
Once again I was asleep. The day ends at 3am my time and I fell asleep after a 40 degree day of moving prior to Rondo claiming or LC green checking and had voted him at the height of his curmudgeonliness.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:58 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

for all i know, both pyxxy and serhal are town so idk what youre trying to find here... and when previous to Serhal's lynch, did i say pyxxy was one of my sharpest suspicions? what?
So you haven't felt Pyxxy was suspicious on day 1 or day 2?

You'd be alone in that. I guess I need to understand what it is that Serhal did that Pyxxy didn't do or vice versa that separated them so much that you were content with "Serhal and someone else" being the tie and not Pyxxy.

Rereading your ISO you off handedly mentioned Serhal very infrequently. One time you called them out to post and did state that if they didn't it wasn't very towny. Early on in the game they called you scummy and you said yikes. So it's not like there's an overwhelming preponderance of evidence to display you had a genuine scumread on them. At best I can see you didn't townread them.

To me you just looked like a wolf pushing the weakest easiest miselim in the game when your partner Pyxxy was on the table, viable and less of a shrug.

You said Serhal and someone else, why not Serhal and Pyxxy? Why were you content with Serhal and Rondo or anyone else? What kept Pyxxy out of your cross hairs?

Like the gap here is you have to be actually townreading Pyxxy prior to today. I want to understand what Pyxxy did to gain that read out of you. What posts they made or what your thinking was that was "I want Serhal and I don't want Pyxxy".
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:59 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:48 pm confused why long con stayed w/ serhal vote and tying w/ rondo instead of switching to scotty?
It was kind of a frantic time, posting on my phone from the jobsite. I can't claim I was acting optimally at the time.

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

I also really wanted to get my green on scotty and would have been upset if you had voted him out of a tie
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yes, it might have been Rondo-trust that kept me on Serhal, now that he mentions it.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

You'd be alone in that. I guess I need to understand what it is that Serhal did that Pyxxy didn't do or vice versa that separated them so much that you were content with "Serhal and someone else" being the tie and not Pyxxy.

Rereading your ISO you off handedly mentioned Serhal very infrequently. One time you called them out to post and did state that if they didn't it wasn't very towny. Early on in the game they called you scummy and you said yikes. So it's not like there's an overwhelming preponderance of evidence to display you had a genuine scumread on them. At best I can see you didn't townread them.

To me you just looked like a wolf pushing the weakest easiest miselim in the game when your partner Pyxxy was on the table, viable and less of a shrug.

You said Serhal and someone else, why not Serhal and Pyxxy? Why were you content with Serhal and Rondo or anyone else? What kept Pyxxy out of your cross hairs?

Like the gap here is you have to be actually townreading Pyxxy prior to today. I want to understand what Pyxxy did to gain that read out of you. What posts they made or what your thinking was that was "I want Serhal and I don't want Pyxxy".
why are u so hung up on pyxxy? is not that deep; vote them out if you want; as far as i know, it is not a guarantee theyre wolf, so for all i know pyxxy could have been the one lynched, flipped town and this convo would be the same except why did u vote pyxxy over serhal had i not voted like i did; i dont know what you want, nothing seems enough for u
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Is this the case DM?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:09 pm Yes, it might have been Rondo-trust that kept me on Serhal, now that he mentions it.
its fine for you to vote serhal over pyxxy, but I do it, and its like i was caught red-handed
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Is this the case DM?
i missed the post pre EoD were serhal was confirmed town and pyxxy the only other option who was apparently confirmed wolf

wheres the scrutinity for everyone else for not voting pyxxy
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:09 pm Yes, it might have been Rondo-trust that kept me on Serhal, now that he mentions it.
its fine for you to vote serhal over pyxxy, but I do it, and its like i was caught red-handed
mischaracterisation. LC was trying to save me and I asked for Serhal and was going to switch to just end the tie but it randed instead because we run out of time
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, really, my intentions were pretty clear at the time. There aren't too many questions. Plus, I'm outed Town, so why waste time with it?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:17 pm
mischaracterisation. LC was trying to save me and I asked for Serhal and was going to switch to just end the tie but it randed instead because we run out of time
and i wasnt trying to save you? hmm, if that were the case, i would have voted you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

why are u so hung up on pyxxy? is not that deep; vote them out if you want; as far as i know, it is not a guarantee theyre wolf, so for all i know pyxxy could have been the one lynched, flipped town and this convo would be the same except why did u vote pyxxy over serhal had i not voted like i did; i dont know what you want, nothing seems enough for u
I mean you could just start with an answering of questions. I'm trying my best to find your alignment.

"I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!"

I read your ISO and you specifically progressed as such.

Rondo is scummy.
(Rondo gets checked green)
Rondo now checked and he's being a good boy now anyway so I'm happy to move.
I don't know where to go though I shall figure that out.
I'm happy to go to Serhal.
I'm happy with Serhal and Rondo being a tie.
I don't care who is tied with him, but Serhal must die.

The absence of a Pyxxy push from you bothers me because...

a) Neon signs point at Pyxxy being mafia for a range of reasons.
b) Pyxxy was a very viable chop to push for townies (and if town, for mafia)
c) If a is true your avoidance of pushing Pyxxy makes you an obvious choice for a teammate.
d) If a is false then the POE gets even narrower and you're still in it anyway (LC/Scotty/Rondo green).

Then on top of that I track.

a) You loved my push on sig... town
b) You loved my vote on Scotty... town
c) You encouraged my vote on Rondo... town

My only consistent push you've not chimed in on and signal boosted has been my Pyxxy push.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

so youre waiting for pyxxy to flip town so ?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:15 pm

are my biggest pings

porscha/scotty/long con

are next

Is this the case DM?
i missed the post pre EoD were serhal was confirmed town and pyxxy the only other option who was apparently confirmed wolf

That's not my question. Did you misread my post?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

literally u said it yourself, i mistakenly encouraged all of your wrong reads, if i saw how that was turning out, why would i keep doing it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:05 pm I can live with a serhal/rondo tie
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:21 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Is this the case DM?

That's not my question. Did you misread my post?
sure
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:19 pm
and i wasnt trying to save you? hmm, if that were the case, i would have voted you
I didnt feel like you were trying to save me, there was no communication as such. Just movement.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:23 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:05 pm I can live with a serhal/rondo tie
how did i know serhal was not civ? where exactly did he scream town? how can u be so obtuse
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:22 pm literally u said it yourself, i mistakenly encouraged all of your wrong reads, if i saw how that was turning out, why would i keep doing it
Okay so to be clear.

You didn't townread Pyxxy. You just thought Serhal was a better vote. You don't think Pyxxy is a guaranteed flip anyway and don't understand why I'm making such a fuss about it? That summarises your present thoughts?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:23 pm
I didnt feel like you were trying to save me, there was no communication as such. Just movement.
movement is communication

?

if i wasnt trying to, i would have kept my vote on you; easy as that
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 pm
how did i know serhal was not civ? where exactly did he scream town? how can u be so obtuse
I am pointing out that you clearly didn't have the agenda to save Rondo. You didn't give a crap whether he died so trying to pass off your behaviour as having saved him is pretty wild.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:22 pm literally u said it yourself, i mistakenly encouraged all of your wrong reads, if i saw how that was turning out, why would i keep doing it
Okay so to be clear.

You didn't townread Pyxxy. You just thought Serhal was a better vote. You don't think Pyxxy is a guaranteed flip anyway and don't understand why I'm making such a fuss about it? That summarises your present thoughts?
yes
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:25 pm
I am pointing out that you clearly didn't have the agenda to save Rondo. You didn't give a crap whether he died so trying to pass off your behaviour as having saved him is pretty wild.
rondo literally said he was fine with a tie, and if didnt give a crap, i would have voted rondo and gotten him eliminated so
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

its so clear how if i wanted rondo gone, i wouldve done so

lmao anyone trying to spin it otherwise
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:25 pm
if my agenda wasnt to save rondo, i would have voted them out. easy like 1+1 = 2
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 pm
Okay so to be clear.

yes
There are fmpov 4 players on the poll who are confirmed town. 3 of them should probably be confirmed to the whole game and the other is me because I know my alignment. This means I have a fairly small POE.

Through deduction I've ascertained that Pyxxy would near certainly have been in the tie if he was town because he was:

a) Holding an unclear PR claim the mafia would have wanted to push for info
b) Isn't towny therefore the safest place for mafia to vote (even safer than Serhal imo).
c) Is an easy miselim.

I am presently solving into the world where Pyxxy is definitively not town.

I am trying to ascertain Pyxxy teammates because I am that convinced Pyxxy is mafia.

I am so convinced Pyxxy is mafia that I am also pseudo clearing Tutuu from it.

Therefore my POE is small, Pyxxy is red in it and you are also in it simply because you are. So your opinions about Pyxxy and your explanations about your opinions are extraordinarily relevant to me because of this.

Help?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:28 pm its so clear how if i wanted rondo gone, i wouldve done so

lmao anyone trying to spin it otherwise
Not wanting him gone isnt the same as saving him.

And once he was green checked you can't vote him cmon. You observed the check. Voting him past that point is outing. The only way to conceivably get him out is to keep him tied up. Which I'm not saying you did. I'm saying you certainly didn't save him by voting Serhal.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DM are you like a high quality wolf?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:23 pm
movement is communication

?

if i wasnt trying to, i would have kept my vote on you; easy as that
:haha: :haha: :haha: Easy way to be the next eliminated.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”