The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 8]

Post by timmer »

Since the idea of DH/SVS being bad is still floating out there, I just did a complete reread of SVS. I really do not see how she could be bad.

The ONLY way she could be bad is if when Epig designed the Voldemort role, specifically the horcruxes, he messed with them. As in, Epig would have had to give Voldemort an entirely different set of Horcruxes then those of the books, and one of those would have to be a Lily Potter horcrux, which would be a bastard mod thing to do, because it directly conflicts with Snape's actual story.

I do agree that in her actual posts, SVS certainly has suspected more suits than sorcerers, but I feel like that is just how it happened for her, and so unless someone can come up with a decent case and present it, I'm frankly putting this issue to bed.

I have separate feelings about DH, but again, I don't plan on voting him. If he isn't civ, I think at worst he is indy and thus not my problem in terms of winning the game.
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Sick of this doubt over S~V~S. Pick on someone else, she's practically confirmed.

Lot of question marks over a lot players. Most of you are getting re-reads :eye:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Still hoping that Snape will somehow message me tonight and confirm some of the speculation. Nevertheless, after tonight I should have some important uncertainty cleared up.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I reckon the last Suit is either Blooper or Daisy. Less clear on the Sorcerers right now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Or Mongoose. Her voting is interesting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here for a minute or so, but it appears something is going on with S~V~S because I'm still confused why so many think she's Snape. Is Snape sending messages or something and I just haven't gotten any love?

Nonetheless, I'm willing to consider my thoughts on S~V~S and DH are misguided. I think Blooper and Russ are both worth looking into... and now that we have had more time pass and more time for discussion, I'm curious what people are thinking about Russ in particular.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There was some messaging going on, as I recall. I didn't get one yet, but I'm hoping to.

Message or not, I should have something juicy on the line after tonight is done. I really think that the Civilians will be winning the Game of Champions, and I hope I'm there to enjoy it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

As for Blooper and Russ, they're both on my 'moderately suspicious' list. Russ feels more Civ than Blooper to me, but my opinion could be tainted by the way Bloop was really after me from the start for the Reywas vote.

And speaking of that, I would choose Rey over the other three inactives because of that early suspicion... I don't have that kernel of suspicion on the other three. But I'm not going to fight anyone over it.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Aren't you worried you've put a target on your back saying that?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh boy, there's nothing I like more than the prospect of a gigantic infodumpuru. I'm sure this plan of LC's can in no way backfire
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In all seriousness, the saga of LC has been nothing if not interesting, so I will be more than happy to hear him out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

DharmaHelper wrote:In all seriousness, the saga of LC has been nothing if not interesting, so I will be more than happy to hear him out.
$10 you get lynched tomorrow
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

zeek wrote:What is with all these baddies flipping the opposite to what we expect??
I freakin know right. I'm in utter shock about Made, but maybe I shouldn't have been.

And thanks! I try to keep it interesting.

As an aside, mafia has been hard because work is now blocking all message-boardy sites. I can't even get on IMDb or PA anymore. Pity me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

MP, you've been so wishy washy on DH. I don't trust you.

My top suspects are bloop, boom, mongoose, and daisy atm. Sorry, that's all I have time to say right now, but I don't think there needs to be much explanation. I do think the last suit could be an inactive player as MP has said, but then again, as I read his post about that, it makes me wonder if Daisy is the last suit and he is just indirectly defending her.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and I pick cowboy had...the one one I look half-way decent in. :)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:Oh, and I pick cowboy had...the one one I look half-way decent in. :)
I bet you look super cute in a cowboy hat
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote: it makes me wonder if Daisy is the last suit and he is just indirectly defending her.
Hmm, that's a good point and something to ponder. :ponder:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 8]

Post by Mongoose »

zeek wrote:Btw if he flips Sorceror, Mongoose is totally the other one.
I wish. But I was not blessed to be born with a wand.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I think this means that the last Suit is inactive. We'll find out when they fail to kill again though, I'd imagine. Since Made hasn't been around, but clearly was active earlier, that also explains why Mr. Boddy has failed to blackmail recently.

The fact that there was NO MENTION of their target during N7 and that Made was the "relatively active" Suit pretty much convinces me that I was right about that completely inactive Suit being the 4th one.
I'm still stumped by the night 7 result. That really took me by surprise. It does seem like someone who has been semi-active but a bit intermittently. However, deducing that person isn't easy since so many of us have had to go AWOL for a day here or there (including me!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Woo hoo! Bye bye, Made! Always fun playing with ya :biggrin:

I'm going with the floppy hat - keeps the sun off my tentacles most effectively.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

zeek wrote:I reckon the last Suit is either Blooper or Daisy. Less clear on the Sorcerers right now.
That wouldn't make logical sense on my part. I stated suspicion of Made long before any votes were cast, multiple times. Why on earth would I draw up suspicion on the only teammate left? And for the record, I may be relatively quiet in-thread, but I am far from an inactive player. I don't miss my night actions, and I don't see a good, sound reason (especially still in the middle of this game) to miss a kill purposely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

nijuukyugou wrote:
zeek wrote:I reckon the last Suit is either Blooper or Daisy. Less clear on the Sorcerers right now.
That wouldn't make logical sense on my part. I stated suspicion of Made long before any votes were cast, multiple times. Why on earth would I draw up suspicion on the only teammate left? And for the record, I may be relatively quiet in-thread, but I am far from an inactive player. I don't miss my night actions, and I don't see a good, sound reason (especially still in the middle of this game) to miss a kill purposely.
True, I'd believe the suit to be dear daisy over blooperbunny.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think this means that the last Suit is inactive. We'll find out when they fail to kill again though, I'd imagine. Since Made hasn't been around, but clearly was active earlier, that also explains why Mr. Boddy has failed to blackmail recently.

The fact that there was NO MENTION of their target during N7 and that Made was the "relatively active" Suit pretty much convinces me that I was right about that completely inactive Suit being the 4th one.
I'm still stumped by the night 7 result. That really took me by surprise. It does seem like someone who has been semi-active but a bit intermittently. However, deducing that person isn't easy since so many of us have had to go AWOL for a day here or there (including me!)
It could also be someone who intentionally dropped a kill to give just this impression. I did just that myslef...in a game Daisy hosted.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sigh. If you guys think Daisy is bad, by all means, but I just can't believe there is anyone still in this thread actually suspecting her, let alone multiple people.

And I already addressed why that argument makes little sense, S~V~S. At the time of that kill, Mr. Boddy and his teammate were both alive. Mr. Boddy has showed signs of being active all game, even up until not long before that, so it makes ZERO sense for both teammates to drop the kill. The only explanation that actually makes sense is an inactive Suit.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sigh. If you guys think Daisy is bad, by all means, but I just can't believe there is anyone still in this thread actually suspecting her, let alone multiple people.

And I already addressed why that argument makes little sense, S~V~S. At the time of that kill, Mr. Boddy and his teammate were both alive. Mr. Boddy has showed signs of being active all game, even up until not long before that, so it makes ZERO sense for both teammates to drop the kill. The only explanation that actually makes sense is an inactive Suit.
If there were only two members left, Mr. Boddy and an inactive player, I'm sure that Made, as Boddy, would have submitted a kill on his own. He'd done all of the other kills anyway. So my guess is that the other member is NOT inactive, but rather that they are trying to make it seem like they are.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sigh. If you guys think Daisy is bad, by all means, but I just can't believe there is anyone still in this thread actually suspecting her, let alone multiple people.

If there were only two members left, Mr. Boddy and an inactive player, I'm sure that Made, as Boddy, would have submitted a kill on his own. He'd done all of the other kills anyway. So my guess is that the other member is NOT inactive, but rather that they are trying to make it seem like they are.
That would make complete sense if it weren't for the fact that Made's participation in the last couple of cycles has been spotty at best.

That said, he was actually around on N7, so it's possible my theory is flawed. I just don't see it making any sense -- why would a team of two stop killing when clearly one of them was active up until recently, and there are no players who recently have dropped off the game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And ESPECIALLY when there has been such an anti-lynching no shows movement.

If that was a plan by both of the two members, I think it was really stupid.

I'm still sticking with my somewhat inactive (Made) and completely inactive (???) theory until proven otherwise, but recognize that I'm not 100% sure.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Or a Tyler with a Narrator. I have intentionally dropped kills, or missed targets. There are several possibilities; what you say is one of them. I am not sure I believe it, and TBH, the more you defend her, the more I distrust her. She should be in here saying this stuff. Saying who she suspects if not me & Bea. I gave her a chance last time, and all she could say was me, Bea & low posters.

I am nothing if not stubborn, you know this.

Linki, yeah, what he said :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Or a Tyler with a Narrator. I have intentionally dropped kills, or missed targets. There are several possibilities; what you say is one of them. I am not sure I believe it, and TBH, the more you defend her, the more I distrust her. She should be in here saying this stuff. Saying who she suspects if not me & Bea. I gave her a chance last time, and all she could say was me, Bea & low posters.

I am nothing if not stubborn, you know this.

Linki, yeah, what he said :D
Sure, but I don't think Daisy and Made would have intentionally dropped a kill. There was just no motivation to do so, since they can't frame anyone for it -- rey, Lorab, Sabie, and Lizzy have been inactive for eons. That said, Daisy was pushing low posters, but I do agree with her so that necessarily doesn't mean much. Rather, I see both sides of the coin -- yes, when there are active baddies, clearly voting low/no shows is somewhat of a cop out. But at the same time, they clearly aren't voting or sending in powers, so the worst you could do by lynching them is lynch an unhelpful civilian, and it's possible that any of them could be bad (probably up to 2 max out of 3, right? 1 per team, if my theory about last Suit being inactive makes sense).

Fair enough. I look forward to her content as well. I will admit I am appreciating the increased activity from her this game over her usual much more quieter self. You just can't blame me for defending her; I'd defend anyone I thought was civilian to the degree I do with her if I felt that confident about them.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

timmer wrote:

Precisely, I think we even discussed this a week or so ago.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

[quote="MovingPictures07"]And ESPECIALLY when there has been such an anti-lynching no shows movement.

If that was a plan by both of the two members, I think it was really stupid.
/quote]

It's a bit (too) brazen, yes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, you guys can come to whatever conclusion you want, but if the two remaining Suits at the time of N7 thought it was a good idea to waste a kill with this many players still alive so they could frame absolutely no two players who fit the criteria of the correct activity (here, then a drop off), especially when so many players are so vocally against lynching these inactive players, then I think it was perhaps the worst baddie plan ever. :P

Linki: Glad you agree. :feb:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The motivation would be to be able to come in here and say just what you are saying.

Plus she is implying she is an info role. I just don't believe that.

I gotta go eat my pizza, get thee behind me Mafia.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I just don't think I can be convinced that Suits intentionally withheld a kill on Night 7. And that's okay, the world won't end. I get intentionally and strategically waiving your power (Homestar Runner comes to mind), but this just doesn't seem the right context.

linki - I too think it's a feint. I'd wanna try something like that if I was in those shoes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:The motivation would be to be able to come in here and say just what you are saying.

Where did she imply an info role? I didn't see that.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:

That would make complete sense if it weren't for the fact that Made's participation in the last couple of cycles has been spotty at best.

That said, he was actually around on N7, so it's possible my theory is flawed. I just don't see it making any sense -- why would a team of two stop killing when clearly one of them was active up until recently, and there are no players who recently have dropped off the game?
Another sound argument from timmer. MP, I believe Made's "spotty at best" participation was most likely b/c he was under suspicion with no real defense to give.
S~V~S wrote:Or a Tyler with a Narrator. I have intentionally dropped kills, or missed targets. There are several possibilities; what you say is one of them. I am not sure I believe it, and TBH, the more you defend her, the more I distrust her. She should be in here saying this stuff. Saying who she suspects if not me & Bea. I gave her a chance last time, and all she could say was me, Bea & low posters.
^^ What she said. ^^
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Re: GoC 2014 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Which hat would you like to wear?

You may select 1 option

Fedora
bea (9), Spacedaisy (13), zeek (14)
16%

Trilby
Mongoose (3), DharmaHelper (8), S~V~S (15)
16%

Cowboy
Long Con (2), juliets (6), Boomslang (16), Elohcin (17)
21%

Floppy
MovingPictures07 (4), timmer (12), nijuukyugou (18)
16%

Vompatti (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Dom (5), Made (7), thellama73 (10), Metalmarsh89 (11), Black Rock (19)
32%

Total votes : 19
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:

Another sound argument from timmer. MP, I believe Made's "spotty at best" participation was most likely b/c he was under suspicion with no real defense to give.
That could be, but Made said multiple times when he'd pop in saying he was busy with school stuff and other similar RL-related things, so who knows?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Again, I'm willing to admit my theory is wrong; it's just a theory. I actually kind of hope it is wrong, since lynching one of the four (that's right, it's 4, not 3 -- to correct myself from earlier) would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Night 8: The Reception

The fiancé never came, even when it was time for the reception.

The Champions gathered around the table, covered in a fine felt tablecloth.

Tea was served.

As though by some occult power, what Russtifinko sipped was not tea, but something lethal.

Russtifinko has been killed by Aleister Crowley.
It is now Day 9. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, interesting kill, since I personally thought he could be bad. But I suppose this doesn't bode well for that case.

RIPIYWG Russ, sad to see you go from a personal standpoint either way.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIPIYWG Russ.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think I'm most wary of Blooper at this point, but considering my instincts may be totally off (DH and S~V~S), I'm totally willing to consider other avenues that players are throwing out today. Interested to see what everyone is thinking.

And I believe I've said way more than enough about Daisy, so I won't repeat anything on that matter at all (I promise), lest I waste precious discussion time.
Mongoose

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 9]

Post by Mongoose »

"A fine felt tablecloth"

:D

Sad to see you go from the game, Russti.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I think I'm most wary of Blooper at this point, but considering my instincts may be totally off (DH and S~V~S), I'm totally willing to consider other avenues that players are throwing out today. Interested to see what everyone is thinking.

And I believe I've said way more than enough about Daisy, so I won't repeat anything on that matter at all (I promise), lest I waste precious discussion time.
Thank god. Blowhard. :p

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think I'm most wary of Blooper at this point, but considering my instincts may be totally off (DH and S~V~S), I'm totally willing to consider other avenues that players are throwing out today. Interested to see what everyone is thinking.

Thank god. Blowhard. :p
Hey, you can at least admit I've taken Funny or Die to the appropriate level this game. :noble:

Jerk. :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:The motivation would be to be able to come in here and say just what you are saying.

Where did she imply an info role? I didn't see that.
Spacedaisy wrote:This is all I have to say. Someone is being trusted that should not be trusted. I guarantee this. All the people vouching for each other better stop and really consider what my lynch reveal means. I am not upset, I am not doing this to throw a tantrum I am doing this because I honestly think a little solid information is what the civs need right now and until I am out of the game and my role is revealed, it is only going to obscure truth. All I ask is you realize someone is pulling the wool over people's eyes because there is certainly an active baddie in this bunch given the stuff that is happening.
This sounds like the implication of info. She has denied it, but not sure how else to read this. And she has said similar things, this was just the first that I found.

I am not sure what this bolded part could mean other than info. I have gone over & over the roles. This can only mean info, or a baddie scare tactic. Not sure what other role reveal would put the fear of God into liars.

I could be wrong, and like I said, if i am I owe Daisy a huge apology.
Spacedaisy wrote:At some point inactive players are going to have to start getting lynched. They are not actively voting so they are only helping the baddies anyway, lynching them will not hurt you anymore than you already are. Stop being afraid of lynching inactive players, and stop making it out like people who suggest it are bad.
This ^^ is totally wrong. If they are civvies, we do not have to lynch them. They are not actively helping the baddies becasue if even a few of them are civvies, the baddies need them dead to win. The baddies need to spend kills on them. Lynching them for no reason other than they are low posters helps the baddies by saving them a few kills they can use on more active players.

It's stuff like this that makes me think she is bad.

"Let's lynch low posters, c'mon it';s the civvie thing to do"
ONE kill gets missed
"OMG OMG OMG it must be the low posters!!!!"

:|
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mathmatically, given the number of mafia and the amount of trust I have for players, there has to be at least one mafia within the pool of inactives (Lizzy, LoRab, Rey, Sabie) So in order of the cases I would MOST like to see pursued:

1. Blooper
2. Boomslang
3. Spacedaisy
4. Inactives

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:ponder:

Well, I didn't read it that way, but I suppose I didn't really catch that upon first read. I'm not sure what she means there; perhaps she can clarify?

And I disagree with you somewhat on low posters, S~V~S, but maybe that's just me. I do see your argument, however, but I think there's also the flipside that even though they are bodies the baddies must kill, they're not voting and they aren't doing the civilians any favors either. If it gets down to endgame and there are 5 civilians and 2 baddies, and 4 of those civilians are inactive, then that would be a problem.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Mathmatically, given the number of mafia and the amount of trust I have for players, there has to be at least one mafia within the pool of inactives (Lizzy, LoRab, Rey, Sabie) So in order of the cases I would MOST like to see pursued:

1. Blooper
2. Boomslang
3. Spacedaisy
4. Inactives
You feel most strongly about Blooper OR you want to discuss cases against her the most (which may not imply that you feel most strongly about her; it could mean you don't feel she has had enough discussion)?

Wasn't sure which you meant.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”