Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 158

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Porscha »

I did really agree with spf that nutella has the capacity to be insanely obvious town very quickly and it's worrisome if she isnt. so individually I found LC and nutella both wolfy and I do heed pyxxy's argument of "but why would 2 wolf stack a town" but like . idk look at those wagons. look at them all day. so little movement and no guarantee robyn doesnt die, right? if it's t/t wagons then like idk. there were people on 1 man wagons we'd need to lewk at that again. cuz like yeah... idk I cant think of a GOOD reason for 2 wolves to be the only 2 votes on there and if I have to pick I'd say LC is the wolf and nutella isnt but idk
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

my brain isnt really functioning but i'll be in thread for a while tonight
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

but I always kinda tr spf so I'm wary of my feelings but i'm not tryna tinfoil atm
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:26 pm God, it's like my brain's that tree,
and spf are those little cookie elves.
Lmao this reminds me of the goofy read I made on Cape in severance lemme find it
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:24 pm idk cape my read on you is like one of those tiktoks where every time the square hits the edge of the screen it doubles and eventually theres a zillion squares of different colors bouncing around in every direction
This masterpiece
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Where has cape been anyway
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:47 pm
Lmao this reminds me of the goofy read I made on Cape in severance lemme find it
its a quote from archer in <redacted situation> where I just replaced spf's name lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:24 pm idk cape my read on you is like one of those tiktoks where every time the square hits the edge of the screen it doubles and eventually theres a zillion squares of different colors bouncing around in every direction
This masterpiece
I dont think i know what youre referring to here but I appreciate it anyway lol
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:24 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:35 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:24 pm @nutella nothing from you either? Just a pop-in?

maybe Long Con is right about you...

I popped in and dropped a vote on Wilgy w/ no explanation, and I've been absent most of this RD

Why doesn't that bother you?
1) it's your meta

2) it's your meta

3) it's your meta

4) and also it was at least a contribution

See, that's the thing tho...big absences during a RD, especially after being previosly active, is my meta yes.

But it's not my town meta
:keys:
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:17 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:47 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:34 am can you tell me why u think nutella and long con are town?
yes and ty for letting me sleep I got a wonderful 9 hours

Nutella is acting strange and so I might be overthinking it. I'm even willing to call you two a personal difference check for how I'm reading the game. I think of Nutella as more active, more "towny" although that's not super helpful, and often getting N1'd for being obv town from the wolves' perspective. I don't see that here.

However, the general willingness from the thread to scumread Nutella feels less like town being correct and more conf bias + wolves being fine with chopping town Nutella. Enough that I'm think I'm willing to try to yank the wagons off Nutella and.....

Long Con! LC is just scumreading townies again. Doesn't feel like when I wolfed with him and he had awkward TMI problems.

This + the entire thread being happy with these two wagons tells me they are both town wagons.
yeah if you're town then you are overthinking it because your description of the threadstate doesn't align with reality

you say that there's a "general willingness from the thread:" to scumread nutella, but is that actually true? the only person who was pushing for nutella to be eliminated prior to me coming into this game was long con, and everyone else has been content to focus primarily on other targets

the narrative that the wolves are sitting back and vibing as everyone piles on to nutella doesn't align with how the day has played out so far - seems obvious to me that the designated elimination for today is long con

which fits with the world i currently live in, which is a world where long con is town and nutella is mafia who has been trying to stack a robyn and long con ML back to back
acknowledged
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:23 pm to be clear im not ~that confident about nutella/LC being unaligned but the way nutella has kinda anchored herself into the game by constantly pushing on LC and calling him wolfy kinda reads to me as a wolf who is trying to get him miseliminated more than partners doing a distancing play
but see like

I don't like you hedging here

your world view is Nutella scum, Long Con town. own it

hedging like this just feels like what you're arguing Nutella is doing, setting up a Long Con mischop, except in your case it's after a Nutella mischop

I do agree that Nutella and Long Con seem weirdly committed to being the two wagons of the day, I would even interpret it in your world view, if I didn't think that you're helping create TvT wagons

I also never said "wolves are sitting back" and that whole bit, I explicitly said that you feel like you're setting up TvT wagons...and look, here are you hedging on TvT wagons
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:01 pm bleh i don't know sometimes LC is just inscrutable as town
this. this times a thousand, folks
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 pm lorab is town
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:18 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:57 pm i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
no lol
let me re-post:
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:25 am I'm looking at spf sheep +1, maybe LoRab?

[VOTE: spf] aubergine

come tell me why you're not just showing up to push LC nutella TvT wagons today, the appetizer being easy townreads on falcon and cape (the latter being a pocket), and dessert being hiding your teammate sheep in your conveniently large POE banana split sundae
"maybe LoRab?" has both the word maybe and a question mark
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:51 pm
its a quote from archer in <redacted situation> where I just replaced spf's name lol
😳
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:25 am
Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:51 pm
😳
well I didn't tell you to look it up xd
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

@Porscha I agree that there are two worlds here

game "easy", weird Nutella is scum, Long Con is town, you're town, SPF town, more solving to come

game "overthinking", weird Nutella is truly suffering from lack of content (note: who is Nutella using this argument with the most? need to re-read), Long Con is town, you're town, SPF is scum, and I want to kill Sheep just cuz
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I really like the eevee gif

reading thread rewarded with cute, v nice
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:23 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:57 pm i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
no lol
let me re-post:

come tell me why you're not just showing up to push LC nutella TvT wagons today, the appetizer being easy townreads on falcon and cape (the latter being a pocket), and dessert being hiding your teammate sheep in your conveniently large POE banana split sundae
You are describing, perfectly, the tell known as Player Salad. It is specifically, "I suspect A, B, C, and maybe D?" It's a classic, and I'm really interested to see if you turn up as a Wolf, just in the interest of a data point.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Pyxxy: You seem super convince that LC is civ. You’ve said it many times. You said it was mainly because you suspect Nutella? But that doesn’t really make sense to me as why you therefore assume civ LC.

Do you have anything about his posting that indicates civvieness to you? Because, to me, he seems so blatantly bad, that I really want to comprehend how others aren’t seeing that. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong (although, obviously, I believe you to be), but more that I want to understand the other side to see if maybe I’m missing something?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:42 am Pyxxy: You seem super convince that LC is civ. You’ve said it many times. You said it was mainly because you suspect Nutella? But that doesn’t really make sense to me as why you therefore assume civ LC.

Do you have anything about his posting that indicates civvieness to you? Because, to me, he seems so blatantly bad, that I really want to comprehend how others aren’t seeing that. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong (although, obviously, I believe you to be), but more that I want to understand the other side to see if maybe I’m missing something?
Your resolute confidence that I'm bad is fascinating. I love it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And pyxxy's confidence that I'm civ... is pyxxy the only one with that perspective? I thought there might have been one more player that at least gave me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not.

Anyway, I'm saying that could be TMI from Wolf pyxxy. And it makes me a little sad to say it, because I love the things pyxxy says about me.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:01 pm bleh i don't know sometimes LC is just inscrutable as town
Think back to literally every game you’ve played with LC. Like, all of them. He may be inscrutable as town, but he’s extremely scrutable when he’s bad.

Can you really imagine civvie LC pushing so much chaos into the thread in the way he’s doing? To be spewing ridiculous accusations against everyone left and right? This isn’t at all civ LC. His tone is entirely FEB LC

Also, you voted for him. Stick with your instinct that he is baddie mcbaderson.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:33 am @Porscha I agree that there are two worlds here

game "easy", weird Nutella is scum, Long Con is town, you're town, SPF town, more solving to come

game "overthinking", weird Nutella is truly suffering from lack of content (note: who is Nutella using this argument with the most? need to re-read), Long Con is town, you're town, SPF is scum, and I want to kill Sheep just cuz
well I have not put forth such 2 worlds so I'm not sure who you're agreeing with here xd I'm still willing to see a long con and nutella wolf / wolf world

I dont think long con has been towny and if he is then he also isnt' really working with anybody but not in the way I expect town long con to kinda like. be stubborn. it's like he is trying to act like himself in some of his posts, I think some of them are specifically putting on a front tbh
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:46 am And pyxxy's confidence that I'm civ... is pyxxy the only one with that perspective? I thought there might have been one more player that at least gave me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not.

Anyway, I'm saying that could be TMI from Wolf pyxxy. And it makes me a little sad to say it, because I love the things pyxxy says about me.
what about his read on you specifically makes you think it's tmi
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:46 am And pyxxy's confidence that I'm civ... is pyxxy the only one with that perspective? I thought there might have been one more player that at least gave me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe not.

Thanks for your input on putting out the seed that you have 2 teammates. I hope I’m not alone in recognizing that this may or may not be true.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

13 player game... hard to say if 2 or 3 wolves
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:49 am

The fact that he's right.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:49 am

Thanks for your input on putting out the seed that you have 2 teammates. I hope I’m not alone in recognizing that this may or may not be true.
Man you double down every time you POST!

I feel like some emotional vampire at this point.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:52 am

so you think you've been really wolfy in so that everybody should be scum reading you? lol
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:53 am

so you think you've been really wolfy in so that everybody should be scum reading you? lol
I don't think so. That's what's coming from most everyone else, though, so :shrug2:
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:42 am
no lol
let me re-post:

You are describing, perfectly, the tell known as Player Salad. It is specifically, "I suspect A, B, C, and maybe D?" It's a classic, and I'm really interested to see if you turn up as a Wolf, just in the interest of a data point.
my name

not in your posts

until pelt
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:42 am Pyxxy: You seem super convince that LC is civ. You’ve said it many times. You said it was mainly because you suspect Nutella? But that doesn’t really make sense to me as why you therefore assume civ LC.
I have been casing and voting SPF for like a day now
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:49 am

Man you double down every time you POST!

I feel like some emotional vampire at this point.
What can I say. I miss you. :lorab:
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:48 am
pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:33 am @Porscha I agree that there are two worlds here

well I have not put forth such 2 worlds so I'm not sure who you're agreeing with here xd I'm still willing to see a long con and nutella wolf / wolf world

I dont think long con has been towny and if he is then he also isnt' really working with anybody but not in the way I expect town long con to kinda like. be stubborn. it's like he is trying to act like himself in some of his posts, I think some of them are specifically putting on a front tbh
oh weird for some reason I didn't think you thought Nutella/LC could be w/w theater

maybe I misread
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:42 am
no lol
let me re-post:

my name

not in your posts

until pelt
I performed well in Christmas Vacation, and in fact Rondo submitted my name as game MVP. When the Wolf team conceded, they were choked out my mech clearing, and I was already voting for them.

Take your pick, I got you all the pelts. You're welcome.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:54 am

I don't think so. That's what's coming from most everyone else, though, so :shrug2:
okay so like... if you think you've been towny enough to be found as town then ... you should have a reason to explain why it's scummy of pyxxy to have found you as town
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*by mech clearing

I like "by my mech clearing", but I wasn't alone in that fiasco.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:57 am

oh weird for some reason I didn't think you thought Nutella/LC could be w/w theater

maybe I misread
I said you and lc are not likely theater
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

"people townreading me are sus, because I know I'm town, which if you follow the logic means that anyone who thinks I'm scum are not sus, and thus town, because they are trying to chop a town"
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:58 am

okay so like... if you think you've been towny enough to be found as town then ... you should have a reason to explain why it's scummy of pyxxy to have found you as town
That's honestly silly. I was just bringing up the possibility because I find it unusual that one player would go against the prevailing, and unrelenting, opinion that I'm bad. pyxxy might be Town, I don't know, sorry for bringing up something so ridiculous that you had to get to the bottom of it where I'm a Wolf for saying it due to twisted logic I can't even follow.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:59 am
pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:57 am

maybe I misread
I said you and lc are not likely theater
ty
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:01 am

"people townreading me are sus, because I know I'm town, which if you follow the logic means that anyone who thinks I'm scum are not sus, and thus town, because they are trying to chop a town"
Jesus Christ, all I said was it could be TMI. I don't understand why that's so wrong to say.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I truly think people are just doing the "I think you're being weird so you must be sus" thing to Long Con

it is simply Long Con

please do not be afraid of the protracted deception
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:04 am I truly think people are just doing the "I think you're being weird so you must be sus" thing to Long Con

it is simply Long Con

I'm sorry I said that about you now.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:05 am
pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:04 am I truly think people are just doing the "I think you're being weird so you must be sus" thing to Long Con

it is simply Long Con

I'm sorry I said that about you now.
I was a little mean earlier sorry for that

sometimes I just get going :omg:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:01 am

That's honestly silly. I was just bringing up the possibility because I find it unusual that one player would go against the prevailing, and unrelenting, opinion that I'm bad. pyxxy might be Town, I don't know, sorry for bringing up something so ridiculous that you had to get to the bottom of it where I'm a Wolf for saying it due to twisted logic I can't even follow.
I can work with this

this is that performative front I was talking about earlier lol
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:07 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:01 am

I can work with this

this is that performative front I was talking about earlier lol
Well I guess I'm just a Diva.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Full disclosure, I have had several drinks and also a THC gummy.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Because it's the start of my weekend, I work Tues-Sat so I am having some damn fun! At home though. It's cold outside.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

oh god LC going brazy wid it

Return to “Previous Jobs”