Total votes: 8
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 am
Delta wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:15 pm Working through today with a core of Epi/Pyxxy/Cait and hoping it does not burn me later :,)
Why is pyxxy in that list?
why are you on that list :P
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con just trying to get a wagon to stick does kinda remind me of Beans but lemme check
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

alright upon ISO skim search.php?author_id=271&t=2566

dang all LC did really was talk about me and nook, his partners. lmao

the voting pattern doesn't quite line up
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

maybe I'm wrong to give SVS a break but like it just paid off in BotB with TSP and I've always had success with the perspective

sitting here eyeing LC tinfoiling Delta and wondering why I'm not on the same page as everyone else about Epi
pyxxy
Racketeer

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:12 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:22 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm DM might be mafia for going after LHF-LC, but the mild reasoning was there, unless I remember incorrectly.

We did animal Kingdom today. So I'm back earlier and my legs and back are loving it.
can't rule out an LC/Epi world with you two posting like this :/
Posting like what?? How is my posting anything like epi's?
it's not about similar style it's about substance

hmmmmm this reaction makes me feel more like "1 in" though

although

LC what do you think my Epi read is rn? I know time is short
You have no read on Epi. You had a TMI read on DM. You cashed in vhips to get me to vote Delta, and I'm not convinced that was right.

[VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine
so like I was going through your ISO, LC, and I know you questioned this so to clarify

it was because of this post from Epi (quoted by DM for more context)
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:14 pm DM can't articulate why LC is bad. Ergo, DM is mafia.
And you can articulate why Caitlyn is bad? Ergo, Epi is mafia,
which made me realize that DM was going after you (LC), but Epi was here defending you and wanting Caitlin chopped

and if we see from Wilgy's color VCA post of mid-EOD
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:16 pm Epi's snapshot of the votes before EoD, we'll call this one a mid
Caitlin
Voters: Epignosis, Long Con

DarlingMonroe
Voters: Delta, DrWilgy

Long Con
Voters: DarlingMonroe, falcon45ca
y'all looked stacked to save you (LC)

so I wanted to know if you would react strongly to me if I asked about Epi. by not giving my read I wanted to provoke the most out of you. right now it's kinda making me reconsider Epi, actually
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epi/Caitlin, or at least not Epi + Long Con
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

alright I'm fading and I think there's value in having a vote up while I'm asleep so [VOTE: Epi] aubergine even though it feels like I'm being dumb
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:58 am
Delta wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:06 pm Hm

If I take my 3 main townreads and set them into a safe lil corner, it leaves me with 2 in Wilgy/SVS/LC

Wilgy/SVS dont work because of how SVS reacted to pressure from Wilgy - felt very reactive, compared to how I expect a wolf would view pressure from a partner which wouldn't be as worried

LC/SVS you talked about earlier, feels vaguely unlikely but nothing solid considering I spent the past few days thinking one of Epi's posts was said by LC x_x

And LC/Wilgy I havent really looked into at all, though I would like to mention that the Falcon NK is probably favorable to them due to Falcon's vote on LC & it means Wilgy wouldnt then need to shield a townie that potentially votes his buddy today. Aside from that I honestly couldnt tell you if these work or not off the top of my head ;_;
do you read falcon's death as more the LC side of things or the Wilgy side of things?
LC, I dont think Wilgy in a different wolf team kills Falcon there? Since they were towning each other, it's not much use to Wilgy to kill him there unless it's for a partner
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 am
Delta wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:15 pm Working through today with a core of Epi/Pyxxy/Cait and hoping it does not burn me later :,)
Why is pyxxy in that list?
Covered it yesterday but if he's mafia, he's adding so many extra steps to how he's approaching things to the point it feels unnecessary. Like the vote on me being because he found I blanked him over just saying he's shielding DM; as mafia I'd assume the latter would be the explanation given. Backreading EOD1 his defence does feel genuine so shrug
I have also liked his d2 and how he's approached things.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

man

I dunno I'm rereading my stuff from my 3 person POE last night and I dont know if things fit?

;_;
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 26

Post by S~V~S »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:20 pm ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*・:*:・゚’☆ @S~V~S I summon thee╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*・:*:・゚’☆
I’m sorry. I got a bit frustrated and walked away then kinda forgot about this. Again, so sorry. I’m on my way out the door to work, but will def try to read today and will be back this evening 6 ish US Eastern.

Again so sorry to players and host. This was rude even if unintentional.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:09 am Long Con, why are you passing the buck so much with your vote?
I don't know what you mean by that. Like, avoiding responsibility for my vote? I don't think I'm doing that.
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:04 am Long Con just trying to get a wagon to stick does kinda remind me of Beans but lemme check
"Trying to get a wagon to stick"? Is that what we're calling casting a vote these days?
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:10 am maybe I'm wrong to give SVS a break but like it just paid off in BotB with TSP and I've always had success with the perspective

sitting here eyeing LC tinfoiling Delta and wondering why I'm not on the same page as everyone else about Epi
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just forgot a comma there. I don't think I'm tinfoiling Delta. Delta could be mafia though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Caitlin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm Also having ISO'd Falcon it feels like such a weird nightkill

Based on NKA I kinda think there's a wolf in Epi/Pyxxy/Wilgy since those would be the more normal night kills

At least if I was in a team on the less influencial side I'd put a bullet in one of them
This is feeling right, with all three trying to angle the vote my way. I would put money on the whole wolf team being un that group right now.
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Aka: 0Ix, Phone0Ix

Post by Caitlin »

Ummm kinda busy today

But I'll be here l8r
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I've been playing mafia since 2018 and I mostly like setups that have 13-17 players and don't have that much power roles. I live in the Netherlands and I study economics & business economics :)

Also on MU my name is 0Ix, if you have seen me there
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I haven’t started reading back yet, but it looks so-able with only 9 pages.

I see we yeeted Darling; can someone give me the tl;dr on that? Was it just that they were quiet, or was it more than that?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*do-able
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epi moved to DM to save Delta. That's 1/ 3 of it that I recall without looking.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:22 pm]

- park facts pls

- mmmm waffle

- sure but D1 activity reads can have results I feel like?
Oh sure I’m not saying day one reads aren’t valuable, I was saying it’s not something I do much (which is prolly why I get sussed early most games; I tend not to make reads early). I was speaking more to people trying to read into entry posts or OT comments super early.

That tends to read as trying too hard to me, which never seems towny you me. Inorganic, if you will.

National Park Factpinions:

*Glacier National Park is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. I used to live near there and I was there most weekends, even in winter.

*Yellowstone is overdeveloped and overly touristy. Old Faithful is surrounded by concrete and a ring of benches. There could be a guy down there opening a vent every hour or so for all we know.

Waffles with cherries and cream, double Yum.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:11 pm Epi moved to DM to save Delta. That's 1/ 3 of it that I recall without looking.
I was just starting to catch up and saw that Epi had voted DM fairly early, so he switched on and off?

He said something about not letting low posters get away with it? (Paraphrasing, on phone).

I’ll have to catch up from the start rather than from my last post to get the timing straight.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 80

Post by DrWilgy »

The kids keep spitting up on themselves at night and I think I'm going insane. I just wanna sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:29 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 pm Only real immediate thoughts without context is that there is a world where LC OR Delta was saved here, but this would need to be checked against when Epi moved their vote.
i.e. Delta/Epi becomes real if Epi moved to DM after LC/Pyx voted Delta.
I moved precisely to save Delta. Delta is the one individual I trusted Day 1.
Do you still feel this way?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:58 am
Delta wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:06 pm Hm

If I take my 3 main townreads and set them into a safe lil corner, it leaves me with 2 in Wilgy/SVS/LC

Wilgy/SVS dont work because of how SVS reacted to pressure from Wilgy - felt very reactive, compared to how I expect a wolf would view pressure from a partner which wouldn't be as worried

LC/SVS you talked about earlier, feels vaguely unlikely but nothing solid considering I spent the past few days thinking one of Epi's posts was said by LC x_x

And LC/Wilgy I havent really looked into at all, though I would like to mention that the Falcon NK is probably favorable to them due to Falcon's vote on LC & it means Wilgy wouldnt then need to shield a townie that potentially votes his buddy today. Aside from that I honestly couldnt tell you if these work or not off the top of my head ;_;
do you read falcon's death as more the LC side of things or the Wilgy side of things?
What is the Wilgy side of things re Falcon's death?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:00 am *scrolls down*
oh, that's a no

hm
Why would I think they are town? They reentered thread and seemed to be evaluating in a way that made sense from a town perspective, but then decided to throw that all out the window for a nka that indicated their town reads were w.

Trying to set omgus aside, they also decided to vote in line with LC's suspicion of me and that feels opportunistic in terms of momentum. I.e. 1 player did it so another has to be willing to vote there w mental

I suppose my larger concern is that I don't know who does/doesn't fall out of their PoE and after the posting I remember, I should be able to know that.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:42 am
Caitlin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm Also having ISO'd Falcon it feels like such a weird nightkill

Based on NKA I kinda think there's a wolf in Epi/Pyxxy/Wilgy since those would be the more normal night kills

At least if I was in a team on the less influencial side I'd put a bullet in one of them
This is feeling right, with all three trying to angle the vote my way. I would put money on the whole wolf team being un that group right now.
I mean, declaring that I'm the falcons killer with not much else felt SUPER WIFOMy, two dead town voted you, and now you are yelling no u.

Like, outside of our suspicion on you, why are we w? Do we work with Delta? Is your wider PoE Epi/Pyx/Me/Delta?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:54 am I haven’t started reading back yet, but it looks so-able with only 9 pages.

I see we yeeted Darling; can someone give me the tl;dr on that? Was it just that they were quiet, or was it more than that?
Epi saved Delta, Delta who pressure voted DM early and then the two wagons became a wet noodle fight, and I voted DM early for pressure and wasn't around to change vote when they showed up.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:04 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:03 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm Wilgy can be town
what have I done that's out of my wolf range?

Your wolf range and town range are nearly identical, it's a gut feel ATM
Wilgy killed him. Misdirection. [VOTE: drwilgy] aubergine
And I suppose going back to this while I'm finking on it. It feels really weird to me that my first thoughts when seeing this are "did LC yeet Falc just to yell this?"
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Reskimmed to see if the feelings on Cait are valid or not and they kinda are? And I quoted this post because this is where it feels like a townie progression just kinda takes a turn that doesn't make sense to me.

The questions towards me and the conclusion they come to seems to be fair in terms of putting in an effort to solve my slot prior to this and I'd say before this Caits PoE was presented as LC/Delta/SVS. To then go "Falc is a weird kill, guess I'm just wrong" feels unnatural.

And I suppose I should clarify I was incorrect on this being a traction play, as LC had moved off me at this point, so there's at least something in that.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:57 pm

And I suppose going back to this while I'm finking on it. It feels really weird to me that my first thoughts when seeing this are "did LC yeet Falc just to yell this?"
No, I wouldn't do something that lame.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: lc] aubergine

Can see Pyx, SVS, or Cait as valid teammates.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:16 pm [VOTE: lc] aubergine

As I predicted.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:14 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:57 pm

No, I wouldn't do something that lame.
Ah, I see, alright folks, LC is out of PoE.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:16 pm

As I predicted.
Would this surprise anyone? I quite literally said you look bad from vote record and you've been PoE the entire game?

Why should I think differently?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Like, my one hangup here is that I've been wrong on you 3 games in a row.

But other dead town have advised I'm not wrong this time, so :shrug:
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I suppose if like, someone puts out an LC god read out there that indicates different, then I'll have more reason to assume I'm incorrect, but no one has done that. Even the player who agreed with your nka vibes was previously like "Longus Congus bad"
Image Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

ehh

I dunno. Distancing maybe but I kinda dont think LC/Wilgy work as w/w off this ?_?

man
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Can you run me through these? SVS in particular but \o/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:16 pm

As I predicted.
Would this surprise anyone? I quite literally said you look bad from vote record and you've been PoE the entire game?

Why should I think differently?
I don't care about what you say "PoE" is. Stop catchphrasing me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:19 pm Like, my one hangup here is that I've been wrong on you 3 games in a row.

This time, you are mafia. LOL you even admit I'm acting like I did as town for all games in recent memory.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 pm I suppose if like, someone puts out an LC god read out there that indicates different, then I'll have more reason to assume I'm incorrect, but no one has done that. Even the player who agreed with your nka vibes was previously like "Longus Congus bad"
I don't see why I should consider any of that relevant.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 pm

Pyx's vote for a preexisting wagon when LC was at two previously, and Pyx voting for one of the previous LC voters forcing DM to stick to the cw seemed like very heavy positive momentum for LC.

SVS's null slot makes it viable and not much more than that. I don't think I've seen much from anyone that'd make SVS not a good partner with anyone else.

Caits recent vote and then revoked to agree with LC's nka is just kinda ew to me as I put previous. This is the pairing that I'm most flimsy on.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 pm

He's a wolf. He's just trying to line up town yeets.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:31 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 pm I suppose if like, someone puts out an LC god read out there that indicates different, then I'll have more reason to assume I'm incorrect, but no one has done that. Even the player who agreed with your nka vibes was previously like "Longus Congus bad"
I don't see why I should consider any of that relevant.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:19 pm Like, my one hangup here is that I've been wrong on you 3 games in a row.

This time, you are mafia. LOL you even admit I'm acting like I did as town for all games in recent memory.
I think quantifying my inability to read you is decently important here. It's the difference between is this happening because of the players being you and I or because there's actual merit to it.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't think that I'd know the difference unless an unbiased 3p tells me, to which hasn't happened this game.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No, you don't know the difference, no one knows the difference, and so it's always "yeet LC". Pardon me for finding it annoying to constantly be LHF and suspecting those who scramble to pluck it.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bleh, I get that.

Can you iterates your read of Pyxxy to me? Where Pyx advised they townread DM I thought the same thing and DM being polarized is decently true.

What regarding Pyx's vote was wrong? As I put previously, Pyxxys vote for Delt looked like it was very good for you.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Further LC, what are your reads of Cait and SVS so far?
Image Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

bleh

I'm struggling a lot with this, I need to revise why I'm reading people a certain way I think ;_;

I think LC looks fine on this page, his reaction to things feel genuine. I'm not huge on reading into more emotive reactions but I dont think is faked

Be back in a bit, but @DrWilgy assuming LC is town, where do you go from there?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Likewise @Long Con assuming Wilgy is town, where do you go from there?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:12 pm Bleh, I get that.

Can you iterates your read of Pyxxy to me? Where Pyx advised they townread DM I thought the same thing and DM being polarized is decently true.

What regarding Pyx's vote was wrong? As I put previously, Pyxxys vote for Delt looked like it was very good for you.
First, can you tell me what "polarized" means in this context? I have not understood it so it seems like a buzzword and therefore suspicious.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:14 pm Further LC, what are your reads of Cait and SVS so far?
I think Cait is town, but who knows? SVS is a non read right now to me.

Return to “Previous Hustles”