63%

Total votes: 8
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:06 pm Wilgy looks more like he's trying to work things out. Caitlin and pyxxy? I don't get that impression compared to him.
wild
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:49 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:45 pm [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine
so this is just because I'm in your solve, and not for any specific reason?
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:43 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:24 pm hmmm lemme see how this feels [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
:shrug:

How does it feel, pyxxy?
it felt good

it always feels good to vote Wilgy. that's my problem
Why can't you vote for someone else? Ask people questions? Form new opinions? You voted me for no reason then voted Wilgy for no reason. You have no reason to vote anybody. That's my issue with you.
tf are you talking about
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 216

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:42 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm:/
My other lean is to vote Caitlin.
Why? I think her trying to analyze a night kill is a good look. Especially in mountainous, when baddies don't have to think about things like, "I want to kill someone who will die, and not be protected etc". Like when I'm bad, I often will pick a somewhat townieish mid poster I doubt will be protected. But in a 9 player mountainous, you don't have the luxury of mystery kills. You have to make it count.

Or did I miss something else she may have done? My catch up has been spotty.
There's plenty of thought process in this format regarding a kill.

As I mentioned, Caitlin and pyxxy are both voting for Wilgy without any stated reasoning that I saw.

Come on. Speculating in WHY someone got killed Day 1 is elementary, and you know that.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine

here

I'm voting you because I think you've been pocketing Long Con and turning him against me since EOD D1

I felt something was off but you + Long Con didn't make sense as a team after the very end of EOD D1 (#notangleshootingbutyeah)

you saw me try to save DM because I solidly townread her and I thought Delta was sus and immediately were lining me up to be the chop today

how's that
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 80

Post by DrWilgy »

Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:09 pm Mild dilemma; I think Wilgy is more likely to be a hit than Pyxxy, but think the Pyxxy wagon is 100% pure. So it's like. Sheep more certain townreads or go with reads? ;_;
hmmm

Am I more likely wolf based strictly of Pyx's EoD? I do feel like you've not really had commentary on my slot and you keep putting me in this 'could be wolf' area without anything further.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

you kill falcon and then you're all for "huh, I wonder why the top posters are all still alive. must have a wolf! not be though, I'm town Epi, conveniently"

ez game
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:37 pm If it's Caitlin and Wilgy, how do we get past their cross-voting right now? There are so few players. If we get one wolf today, does that earn us two mistakes? Or is there just one no matter what? My brain is tired
My everything is tired
Last day at Disney.
we have 2 mislims remaining I think.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 26

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:01 pm I never see Long Con as low-hanging fruit. Ever. That's bullshit. BUT, I believe LC sees himself that way here. Probably not voting there today, and I'll admit I do have a bias against Long Con in Mafia.
As someone who is never in the townxore, I strongly disagree. Look what it took to get any consideration, I had to cry like a bitch.
I think that as someone who never gets into that list, it's a testament to how amazing your skills as mafia are.

Or...you know...

...you're just polarized. :nicenod:
That's like the latest cool slang, isn't it?

I do like that angle, I've been beleaguered town so often since my return... I just don't know.
I used to always, and I mean *always* read you as bad, as far back as the Piano and LP. After watching you in Severance, I realized what it was. You have almost a showman like quality; you always seem on the verge of pulling a rabbit out of a hat. And I picture Sawyer pulling out that rabbit (the name, and it's not an insult, he was always my favorite Lostie). But I did read it as bad, which is my problem, not yours. Now that I'm aware of it, I can see past it.

And for now, I might sheep you because you make the most sense to me at this point from what I have read, and I did not have as much reading time today as I would have liked.

Epi made that one post that felt a bit waffly to me, but I don't know he would have made it after the last game we played, I'm still a bit butthurt over that one lol. I think bad Epi would have kissed up to me more. So I would rather not vote for him, although I haven't seen what i view as town Epi, I haven't seen bad Epi, either. As for Caitlin, her day zero trying to make something out of very little can tend to read bad for me, but trying to start conversation is good, so I would rather not vote for her, either at this point.

So for now I'm considering a Pyxxy vote, I want to vote for someone that already has votes, but I have reason to not vote Caitlin or Epi. If the vote shifts to Wilgy, I could consider that too. I tend to read abrasive Wilgy as town Wilgy, and Wilgy knows that, and he was somewhat more abrasive than needed with me with that doody remark lol. But Pyxxys Wilgy vote actually inexplicably (look Epi, double adverb!) made me feel better about Wilgy. :huh:

I will try to pop in after dinner before eod, but can't guarantee it, so I'd rather vote now than not vote at all. So sheeping LC, and [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:08 pm And just to be clear, if Wilgy IS mafia, neither of those two get any credit from me for that reason.
dang I got to distracted from seeing you post in real time that I didn't even get to the part where I'm scum regardless
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:53 pm [VOTE: Epi] aubergine

here

I'm voting you because I think you've been pocketing Long Con and turning him against me since EOD D1

I felt something was off but you + Long Con didn't make sense as a team after the very end of EOD D1 (#notangleshootingbutyeah)

you saw me try to save DM because I solidly townread her and I thought Delta was sus and immediately were lining me up to be the chop today

how's that
That's fine. Busy weekend. Lynch me.

If I'm mafia, I don't save Delta.

How's that?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:08 pm And just to be clear, if Wilgy IS mafia, neither of those two get any credit from me for that reason.
dang I got to distracted from seeing you post in real time that I didn't even get to the part where I'm scum regardless
Stings, don't it?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:53 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:42 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm:/
My other lean is to vote Caitlin.
Why? I think her trying to analyze a night kill is a good look. Especially in mountainous, when baddies don't have to think about things like, "I want to kill someone who will die, and not be protected etc". Like when I'm bad, I often will pick a somewhat townieish mid poster I doubt will be protected. But in a 9 player mountainous, you don't have the luxury of mystery kills. You have to make it count.

Or did I miss something else she may have done? My catch up has been spotty.
There's plenty of thought process in this format regarding a kill.

As I mentioned, Caitlin and pyxxy are both voting for Wilgy without any stated reasoning that I saw.

Come on. Speculating in WHY someone got killed Day 1 is elementary, and you know that.
You're contradicting yourself a bit here; there is definitely plenty of thought process in this format regarding a kill, that was kinda my point. It matters more than in madness or semi madness. So speculating as to why is good process, imo. So this is why I would prefer not to vote there. I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions, but I don't fault for trying to think who might want to kill a person who was a somewhat (to Caitlin at least) baffling kill. Whether I agree of not, I think discussing it is a good look.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:57 pm

here

how's that

How's that?
*taps your own sign in front of you*
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:01 pm In that case, you're operating under the premise that anybody who lifts a finger at the end of the Day phase when it's unnecessary to secure a good lynch for the mafia is probably good. I get that idea, but would submit that it's not always right.
how's that
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I feel like Epi saw the same thing I did so that feels good.

I'm realizing that Delta's kinda been hedging me all game and that realization has given me a sinking feeling.

Pyxxy's yeet is fine.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jesus, SVS, I don't even know if I make sense to myself. I wish I had a rabbit.

Epi, you didn't answer when I asked about ...fuck hold on
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Aka: 0Ix, Phone0Ix

Post by Caitlin »

On a date but just saying I'll vote to save Pyxxy at EoD
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I've been playing mafia since 2018 and I mostly like setups that have 13-17 players and don't have that much power roles. I live in the Netherlands and I study economics & business economics :)

Also on MU my name is 0Ix, if you have seen me there
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Passing the buck! That, Epi.
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:53 pm
Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:09 pm Mild dilemma; I think Wilgy is more likely to be a hit than Pyxxy, but think the Pyxxy wagon is 100% pure. So it's like. Sheep more certain townreads or go with reads? ;_;
hmmm

Am I more likely wolf based strictly of Pyx's EoD? I do feel like you've not really had commentary on my slot and you keep putting me in this 'could be wolf' area without anything further.
It's more 'I'm trying to find people that fit the description of how I think wolves are playing right now' & there's a few scenarios that come to mind where you fit in

It's also a lot of 'I have nothing against Wilgy but I cant shake this feeling of paranoia' and annoyingly I felt something similar in wolkwalkers so I am conscious of that

It's not the best answer but the best I can give with my thoughts because there's nothing I can fully point at and go 'this is why I feel this way'
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:00 pm

here

how's that

How's that?
*taps your own sign in front of you*
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:01 pm In that case, you're operating under the premise that anybody who lifts a finger at the end of the Day phase when it's unnecessary to secure a good lynch for the mafia is probably good. I get that idea, but would submit that it's not always right.
how's that
Make your own sign. This one's mine.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by pyxxy »

Delta wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:39 pm Wilgy town, Epi town. Both are fairly comfortable reads.

I think Pyxxy is also town, got into that a little earlier on

I think there's some merit to what Epi's saying ab Cait, even if I dont agree? I dunno. Would like to see more from her but I could say that for a few people here so eh ;_;

GtH SvS could be town considering what she's said so far is in line with how she plays? Kinda sheeping that off someone earlier, forgot who but weh

I dunno. Idt DM/Falcon are w/w and dont think DM/Cait are w/w off her bouncing off them to push LC? I think LC could be town but for silly reasons

Kinda ranked like

Wilgy
Epi

Pyxxy

SvS
LC

Cait??

Falcon
DM

I'm definitely struggling but where I'm at roughly, dont think I've missed anyone
Delta had you as solid town D1, Epi

tell me why you don't save Delta and try to kill DM, who said such thrilling things as:
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:14 pm DM can't articulate why LC is bad. Ergo, DM is mafia.
And you can articulate why Caitlyn is bad? Ergo, Epi is mafia,
you're saying that you, as scum, wouldn't purposely try to get DM chopped, if there's a rand between Delta and DM
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

When I voted, it was to save Delta. I would have nuked any one of you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:00 pm Jesus, SVS, I don't even know if I make sense to myself. I wish I had a rabbit.

Epi, you didn't answer when I asked about ...fuck hold on
Look in your hat.

K bb before eod, gotta eat and walk doggo pre blizzard part trois.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

here

how's that

How's that?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:05 pm When I voted, it was to save Delta. I would have nuked any one of you.
Okay. And how does that make you town?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:09 pm

here

how's that

How's that?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:05 pm When I voted, it was to save Delta. I would have nuked any one of you.
I never said it did.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 pm

here

how's that

How's that?
I never said it did.
"If I'm mafia, I don't save Delta."

it's a binary statement, bruv
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 pm

here

how's that

How's that?
I never said it did.
"If I'm mafia, I don't save Delta."

it's a binary statement, bruv
If I'm mafia, I save Delta and lie about it.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

...............what are you even talking about
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy knows there's no proof in anything I'm saying. There can't be by the nature of this exercise.

Asking for proof is goofy. Proofy goofy.

pyxxy has no conviction on anything. Instead, pyxxy is trying to make fetch happen. It ain't happening.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let me be clearer- I am being a hypocrite on purpose. I know what I'm doing. I don't care about you calling me out on that because it's deliberate.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

ah

okay so I just die to your tunnel then
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

it's town epi
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

[VOTE: CAIT] aubergine

having an epiphany/losing the plot, Cait/SVS?

Rereading Beans for Pyxxy again and he just. feels very different to his wolfgame, I really dont think he's mafia. Nor do I really think Epi is mafia either, think his earlier approach is pretty different to what I remember of his thoughts about playing as a wolf. Our w/w game was a whiiiiile ago by now but vaguely remember him talking about wolf thread presence and such, think he doesnt kick things off the way he did if wolf.

Thinking on Falcon NK, the argument of 'oh the top posters have a wolf because a low poster died' doesnt fully work considering how small the playerlist is, can always just pick off the townie in that list, two if there's only one wolf there. It looks better for a top posting wolf to do that than kill a lower poster.

Also just thinking of viable worlds, I feel like if I rule out those two slots & LC who I think had some unfakeable moments, then it leaves me with Wilgy/Cait/SVS. I dont think Wilgy/SVS ever work due to SVS' reactions to Wilgy D1, and I dont think Wilgy/Cait ever work together because I dont think Cait focuses a lot of NKA around a partner that looks wolfier off it when that pair can outright kill Epi/Pyxxy to begin with

Cait/SVS can make sense off of it since in that pair, they do need to kill in a lower posting slot to generate paranoia about higher posting players to make up for a lack of thread control on their side. In this team it's.. arguably worked?

And a more selfish thing of 'if this is the solve then that explains why I feel like I'm losing the plot trying to solve this'

Question for anyone with more experience playing with SVS though; how do they tend to approach partners?

Maybe I'm losing it?? I dunno anymore. zzz
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I've seen him tunnel people plenty of times before

I'm good, thanks
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 pm ah

I've stated there are three people I will vote for today. You are one. A three-person tunnel is awfully wide.

Whom do you suspect and why? I have no bearing on that.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

I'm so tired I think I might just be losing it

I've been too lenient on awarding townpoints for progression in a game with 2 mafia = easier to fake progression

LC has had moments that dont seem faked, Epi has had moments that dont seem faked, Pyxxy has had moments that dont seem faked

Wilgy is the poor soul that has to take a blow because I cant make up my mind

Does this work?? Dont know. Someone give me a second thought ;O;
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Vote Caitlin] aubergine
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:22 pm

I've stated there are three people I will vote for today. You are one. A three-person tunnel is awfully wide.

no

thanks
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:21 pm I've seen him tunnel people plenty of times before

I'm good, thanks
Have some breathing room for a bit. I'm not a monster and my mind isn't made up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:26 pm

no

thanks
Okay.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: caitlin] aubergine
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

x_x

thats votes not thoughts uh

spooky
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Aka: 0Ix, Phone0Ix

Post by Caitlin »

Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 pm Cait/SVS can make sense off of it since in that pair, they do need to kill in a lower posting slot to generate paranoia about higher posting players to make up for a lack of thread control on their side. In this team it's.. arguably worked?
Why did I up my posts this phase then? That makes no sense
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I've been playing mafia since 2018 and I mostly like setups that have 13-17 players and don't have that much power roles. I live in the Netherlands and I study economics & business economics :)

Also on MU my name is 0Ix, if you have seen me there
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Caitlin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:31 pm
Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 pm Cait/SVS can make sense off of it since in that pair, they do need to kill in a lower posting slot to generate paranoia about higher posting players to make up for a lack of thread control on their side. In this team it's.. arguably worked?
Why did I up my posts this phase then? That makes no sense
Because if you have a bunch of townies that were high posting, being cleared etc, generating paranoia about them & maintaining thread presence go hand in hand for dealing with that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Back in half an hour or so.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

was gonna sleep but I'll hang around a lil longer since I had a few votes following what I said but no response on what was actually said so I'm kinda worried ;_;
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Delta wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 pm [VOTE: CAIT] aubergine

having an epiphany/losing the plot, Cait/SVS?

Rereading Beans for Pyxxy again and he just. feels very different to his wolfgame, I really dont think he's mafia. Nor do I really think Epi is mafia either, think his earlier approach is pretty different to what I remember of his thoughts about playing as a wolf. Our w/w game was a whiiiiile ago by now but vaguely remember him talking about wolf thread presence and such, think he doesnt kick things off the way he did if wolf.

Thinking on Falcon NK, the argument of 'oh the top posters have a wolf because a low poster died' doesnt fully work considering how small the playerlist is, can always just pick off the townie in that list, two if there's only one wolf there. It looks better for a top posting wolf to do that than kill a lower poster.

Also just thinking of viable worlds, I feel like if I rule out those two slots & LC who I think had some unfakeable moments, then it leaves me with Wilgy/Cait/SVS. I dont think Wilgy/SVS ever work due to SVS' reactions to Wilgy D1, and I dont think Wilgy/Cait ever work together because I dont think Cait focuses a lot of NKA around a partner that looks wolfier off it when that pair can outright kill Epi/Pyxxy to begin with

Cait/SVS can make sense off of it since in that pair, they do need to kill in a lower posting slot to generate paranoia about higher posting players to make up for a lack of thread control on their side. In this team it's.. arguably worked?

And a more selfish thing of 'if this is the solve then that explains why I feel like I'm losing the plot trying to solve this'

Question for anyone with more experience playing with SVS though; how do they tend to approach partners?

Maybe I'm losing it?? I dunno anymore. zzz
I think I am maybe the lowest poster? Killing low posters would be a bad plan for me.

And as a baddie, a perfect win, everyone comes out alive, is my preference. But sometimes people gotta take the bus, it’s the way things go.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What did Caitlin do while I was chopping veggies?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:26 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:21 pm I've seen him tunnel people plenty of times before

I'm good, thanks
Have some breathing room for a bit. I'm not a monster and my mind isn't made up.
ty

took a lap
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:26 pm
I'm not a monster
Have you looked at your avatar lately?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:28 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:26 pm

no

thanks
Okay.
at this point I think SVS for getting by and coming in just to vote me

but I'm struggling as evidenced by my vote movements and I understand if I get chopped for that

Return to “Previous Hustles”