The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 9]

Post by S~V~S »

I self outed by accident, and someone else dropped the message on the thread. Don't go all self righteous on me, OK? :)

And glad you think I should A) Trust YOU

I don't. But whatever, I changed my vote. And sometimes a wink, a subtle one, is all that's needed to keep someone in your court.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

This is too intense for me. Off to work voting goosey of the propel I felt question marky about she has most flown underthe radar IMO.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

I didn't know you were talking about what happened to me. It didn't seem like a Snape thing at all, not even remotely.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

This just gets more and more confusing as the talk goes on. I get that SVS's target was switched and then zeek was the recipient of something which changed him but not for the worse and I think SVS is saying that was meant for bea (but I could be wrong about that last part). Somehow this makes zeek seem guilty of being a Sorcerer but timmer is adamant that zeek is civ. I'm personally going to go ahead and vote blooper and if I am clearer about why this reception of the potion makes zeek bad I might reconsider. Else I'll let it sift out over the next day and see how I feel about zeek then.

blooper I hate to say this but I have a hunch you are bad more than anything else. You seem to post enough but just enough. Your posts are very well constructed/articulated (if that word applies to writing) but it doesn't seem like you are relaxed. And I got to your name by process of elimination though you are not the only one I think is bad (iirc there are two baddies left). I know that doesn't give you anything to defend against and for that I'm sorry.

To others who have asked, I did not receive any messages from the host about the hat or anything else we've done in the night polls. I have received one message from the hatter (or someone pretending to be the hatter though I doubt that) and then my one curse. In case Boe wants to check me I have not had bts with anyone this entire game.

It seems like there was something else that I was supposed to address that someone was asking but I can't remember it now.

a bunch of linki

I'm voting blooper.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, what an interesting day period indeed. Only gets more interesting by the minute.

Did no one else get a PM from the host about the hat poll? Why was Blooper the only one?

I got around to re-skimming the sign-up thread (and more intently reading Epig's posts) and I have no idea what S~V~S is talking about either. Has anyone figured this out? I don't doubt Elo and bea necessarily, but I just don't get this.

I agree with DH. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that someone is lying about their vouching. Boomslang vouched for Daisy and LC; timmer and zeek vouch for each other; bea and Elo vouch for each other; S~V~S and juliets vouch for bea and Elo's vouching. What do people think of these? Did I forget any? I personally am most unsure of bea and Elo, but S~V~S and juliets both have vouched for it, and S~V~S seems really confident in it.

Elo, I'm confused. What are you saying? The only possibility I see for both of you to be civilian is the Doctor and his companion. So... why would you say that no one knows who you are? This just makes your vouch look strange. :huh: S~V~S, what do you make of this?

bea, what you are saying about me seems to contradict what you said before. You said you really want to trust me in your post but that you keep doubting me, but weren't you one of the few who told me to not give up and that you would listen to me after I outed myself? Can you clarify?

Regarding the Hatter's "recruiting" (to answer bea and Elo), it's all speculation from me here. I just have doubts that his role works exactly as mine, but I bet you he is recruiting or giving people hats every night or every other night. I'm not sure it has to do with voting people to vote a certain way... somehow I doubt it. I think he has complete control over his messages, considering he switched it from fucking with Made and zeek and telling them to vote a certain way, to Alice and Wonderland curse to juliets, to the threat to me, to... what I think was a troll to Daisy, and now this troll or legitimate attempt to gain LC's trust recently. If he does recruit, I bet his recruits are unaware, and that he merely "gives them hats" somehow. Maybe he can give people hats every other night and send a message every night? That's my best guess. And that he has an incentive to give people hats; similar to my condition, maybe if hats outlive hatless then he wins? And if he recruits every other night, then maybe he has other tricks up his sleeve to ensure his win. That's just my guesses on the matter.

S~V~S, is it just possible then that your potion got redirected by the Sorcerers to a civilian?

What gives me incredible pause about zeek being a Sorcerer with the potion that S~V~S gave to him:
1) The unbelievability that a Sorcerer would send a message so stupid with you alive. I just can't believe a Sorcerer would do something like this that would so easily get caught, and with no apparent motivation. We don't even know if S~V~S's potion allows message sending; if it did, why the fuck would someone do this? It makes no sense. I think this is the work of the Hatter and that S~V~S's potion obviously did something else, like give zeek BTSC with timmer. Especially since message sending is a very weak power for S~V~S's "best" power to give somebody.
2) zeek clearly pushed the Snow Dog suspicion HARD... even I may not have thrown Snow Dog under the bus like he did if I were in his position. If the Sorcerers had 3 alive instead of 2 right now, it could be a game changer.
3) Apparently, zeek had some transformation, and if he had no idea that a potion got redirected to him, then his "game event" explanation makes complete sense, and this explains why S~V~S has never gotten a wink or anything from him. It's a plausible explanation to this train of events and it actually makes more sense than a baddie redirecting S~V~S to his/her teammate (because that is risky, even if I could see someone doing that).

I believe zeek and timmer. I think zeek got the potion/role redirected to him and he is a civilian. I could be wrong, of course, but it just seems so unlikely that a baddie team would redirect the power to themselves, gain a message sending power, and then use that power to send a message that could easily be discredited and cause the lynch of the player who has the power. No incentive to do that. Considering the Hatter's message is unaccounted for (I believe, unless anyone says otherwise) other than LC's message, I firmly believe the Hatter gave LC that message.

The only way for this to be true is that zeek and timmer are pulling the most insane baddie gambit of all time. Possible, I suppose, and it would be awesome, but I just don't think it's the case at the moment. Nonetheless, I think we have bigger fish (a blooper kraken in fact) to fry today.

NOW voting and leaving because I really need to get homework done instead of pausing every 20 minutes to look at the thread. XD

I am voting Blooper.

See you folks after the results. Fingers crossed!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Mp it is possible hence my vote for Blooper.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

About vouching, the reason I vouched for bea and elochin is that elo i think it was said she knew who bea was as soon as she got her role pm. On the basis of that I determined that they were the doctor and the companion (also there is a secret role and it made sense to me it would be the companion). If elo or bea is now saying, after hearing several of us went through the same deduction process, that we do not know who they are then i withdraw my vouch.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Let's all vouch for one another and then just sit here until every wins like in Logan's Obtuse Strategems game.

And I totally deserve a vote for flying UTR but thats not been intentional -- hosting your own game concurrently and having mafia cut off at work is problematic (and freakin sad! Remember how much I was on here when I worked at the library?) but I've definitely been way more participatory over the last few days and intend to keep that up. woo!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 0]

Post by Elohcin »

Just to confirm that I am not doing anything against the rules...
Epignosis wrote:A Champion abides by these...

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners. BTSC takes place in a specific assigned chatzy. If I say your BTSC is interrupted or over, don't access it until I inform you otherwise.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. Be respectful and remember that this is a game.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is your host's color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!

Additionally:

10. No team PMs are permitted. This is the Game of Champions. Killers will need to include in their PMs that they are the ones conducting the kill. If I receive a subsequent PM from a teammate saying he or she is conducting the kill, I will accept that as the latest of the team's wishes. Communicate with your team.
11. As this is the Game of Champions, and our moderating staff are all winners participating in this event, I will also be functioning as the "Mod on Duty." If you have a question, concern, need to report unsportsmanlike behavior, or just need to vent, I'm here. Aside from seeing people have fun, I have no vested interest here.
12. All votes may be changed before the deadline (any exceptions will be made clear).
13. Without a doctor's note (i.e., a valid reason), there will be no replacements. You signed up. Now dance! :feb:
14. No posting the contents of PMs.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Question for Epig: There are still only 30 roles listed but there are 31 players. Will a 31st role be revealed?
Abby and Brittany! :biggrin: XD
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

@S~V~S, :hug: sorry for flipping out earlier, you know I know you're awesome :hug:
My siggie.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I voted niju.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

:rolleyes: Y'all ain't gonna be happy (well, some of you will :evileye: ). I'll vote Mongoose for now for the slim possibility of saving myself, and because I could see her as bad due for non-committal posts, etc. (not strong, but shit, life saving and whatnot)

You will never catch me bad. Ever. :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Fwiw - I am slow but.see.what.Timmer and seek.are.talking.g.about.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm what do you guys think? I could swItch to mongoose if we think it's a better option? i honestly am not sure.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Elohcin wrote:
I have no idea what this means, but it's all good, I'm done suspecting you two. :noble:
My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Voting blooper to help save myself (a little early since I'll be tied up when the lynch ends).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

timmer wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
I have no idea what this means, but it's all good, I'm done suspecting you two. :noble:
google is your friend
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Pfft, even I know who the twins are who are conjoined by the head.

S~V~S, I can see how frustrated you've been this game and how hard you're working to do the best with you're role. Honestly, I can see your perspective in this but you must see mine. I saw what you were saying but I didn't put it together. If you know what happened to me you should know why I did not connect it to you. It is very much connected to another role, nothing magical about it. At least none implied in the PM I got. You don't have to trust me, you don't have to trust timmer, but look at what you did to me and think about why you should.

As for the vote, I am more confident in Mongoose. When Blooper voted Snow Dog it was 6-6 with DH. She may be sorcerer and threw him under the bus, but she was second to last to vote and didn't have to. Mongoose, however, was the one who made it 6-6 and I think is a better fit for Snowy's teammate.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Re: GoC 2014 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who cast a spell on Russtifinko's tea?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:12 pm

bea
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

DharmaHelper
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

juliets
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Long Con
No votes

Lorab
No votes

Mongoose
zeek (6), bea (12), nijuukyugou (16), Boomslang (17)
22%

MovingPictures07
No votes

nijuukyugou
DharmaHelper (8), timmer (10), S~V~S (11), juliets (13), MovingPictures07 (14), Elohcin (15), Mongoose (18)
39%

reywaS
No votes

sabie12
No votes

spacedaisy
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

timmer
No votes

zeek
Long Con (9)
6%

A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Roxy (2), Dom (3), Metalmarsh89 (4), Black Rock (5), Snow Dog (7)
33%

Total votes : 18
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Hatter’s Honeymoon in Hyrule
“It disappoints me that you would string me up on my wedding day, especially when this lovely kingdom known as Hyrule is where we meant to honeymoon. What a pity. But that’s okay. I’ll still be around in my own way.”

The face under the hat grinned.

“I leave you with a riddle:

‘Why is a raven like an eagle?
Their feathers, beaks, and wings matter not.
Rice on the lift may not be legal,
But even against nationalists, they had a real shot.’

“Ah well. Good luck...champions.”

nijuukyogou has been lynched. She was The Hatter. It is now Night 9. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Haha, nice one.
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 9]

Post by Elohcin »

well...I guess that is second best to getting a baddie, eh?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I thoroughly enjoyed playing with you all. Oh wait...I am enjoying it :feb:

Go...well, that's a *secret*...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

quiet this evening. :offtobed:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well that is certainly something.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Take that, Hatter. That's what you get for threatening me.

No one fucks with Tyler Durden. :feb:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh man, I can't wait to find out what that role's secrets were.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Did anyone get results from the Fight? Did anyone besides Ninju get a Hatter result? Or maybe only the Hatter got one lol?
lol, this turned out to be true! :haha:

I would have rather gotten one of the baddies but I'll take the Hatter. Hopefully no more hatter madness in the thread though I'm not sure what blooper's crack about still playing means. RIP blooper it was good to play with you again. And DH you made me laugh! :biggrin:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:Pfft, even I know who the twins are who are conjoined by the head.
I don't know if that makes you feel superior, knowing something like this that some of us didn't know. I frankly could not give a toss that I was ignorant of this.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Snow Dog wrote:
I don't know if that makes you feel superior, knowing something like this that some of us didn't know. I frankly could not give a toss that I was ignorant of this.
Unnecessary, I was just messing about.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Unnecessary, I was just messing about.
I should have known! :P
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Turns out I was wrong anyway, they're two heads on one body. I was thinking of another episode of Maury Povich.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:Turns out I was wrong anyway, they're two heads on one body. I was thinking of another episode of Maury Povich.
I don't know what that is either. :shrug:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Snow Dog wrote:
not at the head...that was part of my point :p. Bea and I haven't always voted together. We have our own brains.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I think I get what you are saying finally, haha.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Tomorrow I'll be looking at Mongoose, Boomslang and Spacedaisy.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Some of yall are about as subtle as a brick to the face.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, I actually want to lynch one of them now. I want to see what happens.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:Some of yall are about as subtle as a brick to the face.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I wish I had a brick in my face.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 9: The Triforce of Non-Participation
Hyrule was a beautiful land of wonderful fields and fantastic castles.

A killer's voice rang cold on the air: "Fuck off with your sword units and Triforce green stripe patterns: I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... Let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

sabie12 has been killed by Tyler Durden. It is now Day 10. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 10]

Post by Tangrowth »

Now let me start off this day cycle by saying the following:

I know I've started killing now, in place of the Suits, but I assure you that it is the *Secret* part of my role and that it is only a mechanism by which I can rid the game of non-recruits. I assume that's how Epig intended it.

Because I want to see through my promise to play my game as pro-civilian as I can, and especially because I think the civilians are close to winning, and so am I, I made my kill based on the best possible way I could ensure that. The only reason I used the kill was because I needed that one kill to ensure the math for me to win. I should now be able to win. Sabie was not participating or voting, and we are nowhere near the point where the baddies can think about outnumbering us just because I killed one inactive. Because the Suits have been eliminated, that means there are only 2 baddies maximum remaining, out of 15 players, and I think we definitely have this game.

If anyone has doubts on me regarding this, I understand the gut instinct to react to me killing. I can assure you that you have my word, however. :noble:

I understand.

In death, an inactive player has a name. Her name is Sabie Twelve. Her name is Sabie Twelve. :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good job MP. Hats off. Well done.

Anyway, voting for Boom since I believe he is a Sorcerer and I think I've made that clear.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Ermm... :|

Guess that means Roxy, Russ or INH was a Suit.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

zeek wrote:Ermm... :|

Guess that means Roxy, Russ or INH was a Suit.
How do you figure?

@MP...does this mean we will see no more "so-and-so was killed by Tyler"
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anyway, voting for Boom since I believe he is a Sorcerer and I think I've made that clear.
When?

linki - because they were the only Sorcerer kills and it appears the Suit team is gone.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Anyway, voting for Boom since I believe he is a Sorcerer and I think I've made that clear.
When?

linki - because they were the only Sorcerer kills and it appears the Suit team is gone.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 06#p109406

Add to that Boomslang did not vote for SnowDog.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Ah, I remember now I was confused because you gave Blooper her first vote.

What are your thoughts on Mongoose? I'm probably voting that way again.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:Ah, I remember now I was confused because you gave Blooper her first vote.

What are your thoughts on Mongoose? I'm probably voting that way again.
The thing that gets me about Goose is her flowery sort of language regarding the Voldemort thing but that could just be personal preference. Other than that I think the stronger case is with Boom.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”