29%

Total votes: 14
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [Night 3]: Film Directors.

Post by Vompatti »

:wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

i've only seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas from the poll, and I am not voting for that.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm very sorry to have missed the last couple votes, I've been kind of swamped with stuff. I will do my best to catch up and stay in step from now on.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry, Vomps. :( But damn you, too! :p

So... what now?

I only liked Rush and Apollo 13 from what I've seen.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Re: [Day 3]: Film Directors.

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:It is interesting to me that SVS, Vompatti, sabie, lizzy, TH, and Spacedaisy didn't vote.
Personally, I don't find it all that interesting :)

I don't plan to discuss it at all.

Bye Vomps, sorry to see you go.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Another things I saw. Roxy asked SVS the same question 4 times before SVS finally answered.

1) Here
2) Here
3) Here
4) Here

SVS has never mentioned Roxy (game-related) outside of answering that question.

Also, SVS might possibly be silenced today? Along with being removed from the lynch poll.
SVS missed that question. And SVS had no reason to mention Roxy. She still does not outside of this question, having read your concerns on her. I don't like to discuss people I don't distrust.

Is that a problem for you?

Looking forward to the non-Vomp saving related case on me :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I can see SVS as having been the subject of a power, if not actually two concomitantly, but neither are confirmable.
thellama73 wrote:It is interesting to me that SVS, Vompatti, sabie, lizzy, TH, and Spacedaisy didn't vote.
Vompatti probably gave up or was blocked from voting (see below).
I don't know what to make of truly inactive players, but I've been reluctant so far to suspect them as intentionally inactive. :shrug: I officially have no idea if Sabie is participating in this game at all or not. Lizzy said she is having laptop problems and might need until this week to fix that or acquire a new one.
I'm still seeing the chance of two players having been unable to vote (due to Almodovar), especially since a couple of generally active players have missed the vote / not voted, but maybe I'm reading too much into this power being used.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Almodovar targets 2 people. I think there are various ways to interpret his direction. Although i would guess he targets based on who he suspects, I think that sometimes being removed from the fray can be a blessing :)

I agree re Lizzy & Sabie, I doubt that they were targeted by a vote supressor. Daisy has said she was afk, and Vomps, well, perhaps Vomps did not see the point, eh?

And I would like to Thank Ingmar Bergman for seeing which way the wind was blowing, and knowing it was an ill wind :)

Has anyone had to speak in Romantic Comedies? I might not notice it if they did.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I didn't notice anyone who might have been targeted. Is that the equivalent of insanification, in this game?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Insanification is supposed to make someone impossible/difficult to understand. Some posting effects are more of a challenge for the poster than the other players, this would be one of those, IMO. It's just a fun, flavor thing. But also a chance for a civ to get some ideas into the thread without the filter of how other players perceive him/her.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I had a feeling - bye Vomps.

I hope now people won't be so tunnel-vision-y.
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

I need to reevaluate like crazy today. My suspicions of SVS and Roxy were largely based on their vote timing, but with Vomps being civ that reasoning evaporates (although I still think Roxy is acting WEIRD.) The unfortunate thing is that this means we have had a series of civ on civ lynches, making vote records less meaningful than they would otherwise be.

Major reevaluation in progress...
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yes, time to re-assess what's going on here. Is Llama a baddie, leading us on a three-day wild goose chase on Vompatti? Or are the baddies just all sitting back and keeping relatively quiet, safe in the knowledge that no one has yet accused them?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't know that I think he is bad, but I would not be surprised to find that some of those who followed in his footsteps are.

I a looking forward to hearing Llama take on things after he rethinks things.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am also looking forward to learning how to type.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I don't know that I think he is bad, but I would not be surprised to find that some of those who followed in his footsteps are.

I'm still in the process of rethinking, but this is what I have so far:

We know that the Day 2 lynch was between two civs, with almost everyone piling on one bandwagon or another. The only way to avoid being tied to a civ lynch in that case, would be to cast a symbolic vote for a third party. Four people did that: DFaraday, Bass, TH, and Black Rock. I think they bear watching, although my gut tells me that DFaraday is on the level.

Also on my radar are Ricochet and Blooper, who went along with me and voted for Vomps. Ricochet took some convincing, but as someone else pointed out, his final reasoning left something to be desired. Blooper piled on from the beginning without giving too much of an explanation as to why. Those six players will all be getting rereads from me before the next vote.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Almodovar targets 2 people. I think there are various ways to interpret his direction. Although i would guess he targets based on who he suspects, I think that sometimes being removed from the fray can be a blessing :)

I agree re Lizzy & Sabie, I doubt that they were targeted by a vote supressor. Daisy has said she was afk, and Vomps, well, perhaps Vomps did not see the point, eh?

And I would like to Thank Ingmar Bergman for seeing which way the wind was blowing, and knowing it was an ill wind :)

Has anyone had to speak in Romantic Comedies? I might not notice it if they did.
I suspect Canucklehead had to yesterday because of this post.
Canucklehead wrote:I want Ninjajambalaya to post more. She is beautiful, and funny, and smells like mild ocean breezes. :noble:
Not that she would tell us though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

is it less interesting now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:Yes, time to re-assess what's going on here. Is Llama a baddie, leading us on a three-day wild goose chase on Vompatti? Or are the baddies just all sitting back and keeping relatively quiet, safe in the knowledge that no one has yet accused them?
If we strip back to Day 1.2, ahead of Voopy's drawing suspicion on himself and the now ill-fated lynches, llama's case would not be as convincing, but I'd also not see him as a baddie for pushing it. 3 Days later, I don't see him the grand orchestrator of what happened.

---
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I don't know that I think he is bad, but I would not be surprised to find that some of those who followed in his footsteps are.

We know that the Day 2 lynch was between two civs, with almost everyone piling on one bandwagon or another. The only way to avoid being tied to a civ lynch in that case, would be to cast a symbolic vote for a third party. Four people did that: DFaraday, Bass, TH, and Black Rock. I think they bear watching, although my gut tells me that DFaraday is on the level.

Also on my radar are Ricochet and Blooper, who went along with me and voted for Vomps. Ricochet took some convincing, but as someone else pointed out, his final reasoning left something to be desired. Blooper piled on from the beginning without giving too much of an explanation as to why. Those six players will all be getting rereads from me before the next vote.
The convincing part in me voting Vompatti was Vompatti's sheningans, not your initial case. By the end of Day 3, Vompatti received several other votes for this reason. My D3 pinge on his D2 vote now stands as an over-reach that I feel sorry for. It was not my final reasoning, though, as I've already said.

---

I did think Canuck's entry was odd, but it's not really a romantic comedy reference, plus she posted on-topic otherwise throughout D3 and I think Cukor's role would make the target speak like that throughout an entire phase (except if Cukor's power doesn't actually work the way it's written).
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
is it less interesting now?
Yep. :(

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

thellama73 wrote:

Ok so because I voted for someone I found to be suspicious more then vomps at the time I deserve to be watched . :haha: I think its more likely the baddies would try to blend in with the group on day 2.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do you think you don't deserve to be watched, Bass?

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:Do you think you don't deserve to be watched, Bass?
Its a game of mafia everyone deserves to be watched.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Precisely. So what are you complaining about?

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Precisely. So what are you complaining about?
I'm not complaining I'm just saying the reason you gave seems wrong.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I voted Rush, A Beautiful Mind, and Angels and Demons.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Well I think it's true on my part. I thought they could both be civvie so I voted someone I thought might be bad.

What makes you so sure about DF Llama?
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP Vomps! Sorry I was wrong about you. :(

I voted for my 3. Apparently, birds and mongooses agree on 2 of the 3 titties.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

2 of the 3 TITLES not titties. I must be thinking of something else. <_<

ANYWAY MOVING ON NOW...
thellama73 wrote:

Why DFaraday? Is it just because of his Day 2 vote, or is there another reason you would put him in that category as well?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

I think we should go back to my original plan of lynching TH.

And I wasn't cursed, I just really do want to hear more from te radiant creature that is Nincompoopajumbo.

An bwt just said "titties" :giggle:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIP Vomps! Sorry I was wrong about you. :(

I voted for my 3. Apparently, birds and mongooses agree on 2 of the 3 titties.
You made me spit milk. :haha:
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Canucklehead wrote:I think we should go back to my original plan of lynching TH.

And I wasn't cursed, I just really do want to hear more from te radiant creature that is Nincompoopajumbo.

An bwt just said "titties" :giggle:
I can't remember the case on TH honestly. I feel like either you or someone else (SVS???) had another reason besides that odd cast-off Day 2 vote but I can't remember what it was.

Well I do like them, I won't lie. ;) But probably not in the context of mafia lol.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by timmer »

Voted Far and Away, Backdraft, and Splash and they were all films that were perfect for me at the time of release. I'd hate to go back and revisit them now and ruin that, but I have fond memories of them

So Vomps was a civ. I want to say something about people playing "weird" but it would only come across as snarky so I will eat it.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:Voted Far and Away, Backdraft, and Splash and they were all films that were perfect for me at the time of release. I'd hate to go back and revisit them now and ruin that, but I have fond memories of them

So Vomps was a civ. I want to say something about people playing "weird" but it would only come across as snarky so I will eat it.
Read you loud and clear, and I agree. :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday is on my list because of his Day 2 vote, dodging being on record for voting for one of the two civvies. However, of all the people I named, I suspect him least. Why? I don't know, he just doesn't seem like a baddie to me.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Canucklehead »

Canucklehead wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:What have I been noncommittal about Canuck? And do you feel that noncommittalness is baddie behavior?
Your response to my questions and your comments following read as being very "I am paying attention and reading and commenting on all the major talking points without really coming down definitively on one side or the other"-ish. While this on its own is not necessarily indicative of baddiness, this noncommitallness + (what seemed to me like an) opportunistic vote + bland nature of your posts makes me think you might be saving the funny, charming, hilarious TH for your baddie chat and depriving us poor thread plebs of your wit. ;)
This sums up the main features of my case on TH. It's at this point mostly a gut-based thing, coupled with some sketchy voting. I'd eased off him a little because during the last lynch his posts and responses started to feel a little more engaged (rather than just observational, which I tend to associate with baddies trying to blend in without sticking their necks out too far), but I definitely need to reread TH to see if I can make a better case than just "He's blendy and doesn't make enough jokes!"

I'm also (as ever) concerned that baddies are hiding among the low posters, and will be doing a reread of folks like bass, DF, and ninja (and maybe some others that I might be forgetting??). I think at least one of Sabie or Lizzy is likely civ, due to missing night actions, but that's just a straight out guess....there could e any number of reasons why certain night actions aren't showing up :shrug:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Every time I try and make a "shrug" smiley, it comes out as something else. Odd.

:shrug:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

On closer inspection, there is no "shrug" smiley here. I must have hallucinated its existence. There is, however, this smiley, which now seems very apt
:Uhh:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Your shrugs look fine to me. :shrug:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:On closer inspection, there is no "shrug" smiley here. I must have hallucinated its existence. There is, however, this smiley, which now seems very apt
:Uhh:
What are you talking about? You just successfully posted the shrug smiley multiple times. Are you hallucinating?

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

How bizarre. On my phone a : shrug : is showing up as a blue guy shaking his head!
:shrug: :shrug:

For example, there is a blue guy shaking his head in you post, LC.... Wacky!

People, am I losing myind here??!! Gah.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:How bizarre. On my phone a : shrug : is showing up as a blue guy shaking his head!

:disappoint: This one?

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:How bizarre. On my phone a : shrug : is showing up as a blue guy shaking his head!

Nope, that one is appearing as stern nodding yellow guy, though the actual text in the quote is :disappoint :
I think my phone is high. It's freaking me out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Nope, that one is appearing as stern nodding yellow guy, though the actual text in the quote is :disappoint :
Oh, you mean this one. :srsnod:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Note: SVS, Canuck, and LC have each refused to explain why they either didn't vote or post the last two days when they were asked.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh, and I'm not accusing anyone. But that seems to imply being targeted by powers or, as LC said, other good reasons.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Oh, you mean this one. :srsnod:
Yep, serious nod guy. :srsnod:

(So, on preview, that one works for me but shrug guy still turns up as blue disappointed guy. Bizarre. But I guess I'm done smiley spamming the thread now :Uhh: )
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:eye:

What does this one look like Canuck?

:p :p :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Lizzy »

Aaaaaaaaand back! Sooooo... uhm... sup? *votes Marshy*

:mafia:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Note: SVS, Canuck, and LC have each refused to explain why they either didn't vote or post the last two days when they were asked.
Do you think all people who are night targeted should announce it in the thread? I don't.

Return to “Previous Jobs”