Denim is expensive in Finland.
29%

Total votes: 14
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Re: [Day 8]: Film Directors.

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:Effective Immediately, Vompatti will be filling in for SpaceDaisy, who is an understandably busy bee!

Vomps cannot be lynched on Day 8 or NK'd on Night 8. Please send him beer and potato chips.
Chips are bad for the teeth, I will send him asparagus instead. That way his pee smells like his beer tastes.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

Oh hai.
Mongoose wrote:Vomps cannot be lynched on Day 8 or NK'd on Night 8. Please send him beer and potato chips.
I will make sure to use this invincibility to my great advantage. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So Spacedaisy was sort of neutral on my suspish list, maybe I'll have a look at her posts. What's she busy with?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Rereading a few people, I would like to hear more from Canuck about why she was so sure MM was not bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:Rereading a few people, I would like to hear more from Canuck about why she was so sure MM was not bad.
I was never sure he was not bad. I just never saw what other people saw that made them think he was bad. I did a pretty thorough read through of MM's posts and saw absolutely nothing there that would lead me to suspect him. He read like a civ to me. He fooled me.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

I have to say, the situation is slightly cynical for me regarding what leads I'm left with right now. My main suspect just got protected on D7 and killed on N7. Spacedaisy, who I was starting to feel a bit less neutral about, since she was neither completely inactive nor made efforts to catch-up, was just replaced (or asked for it officially, given her RL busyness and situation). I'll scan MM's posts for possible connections and also take another look at the DF-LC thing. There might be something to it, after all.

What do the others think about the possible alignments of the NK'd players? Worst case scenario, if they were all civs, we are now 11 players left with 5 baddies among us. :scared: And it's even more difficult, with 3 relatively fresh replacements (from which AP2.0 and Vomps2.0 might just resume playing like the original AP and Vomps lol).

Canuck's disapproval of MM being hunted, linked with her push for TH being lynched for retroactive reasons (while MM actively "pushed TH's buttons"), doesn't put her in a good light, I'll agree, but I feel I need to look more into it. It would be too obvious defending of MM, given how subtle the baddies have acted so far. That said, she and Llama were, I think, the only players to genuinely buy MM's game as being civ.

What does everyone think about Dom, overall?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, Oscar party this Sunday, anyone? :dance: Just kidding, I ain't staying awake to watch that.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Rereading a few people, I would like to hear more from Canuck about why she was so sure MM was not bad.
I was never sure he was not bad. I just never saw what other people saw that made them think he was bad. I did a pretty thorough read through of MM's posts and saw absolutely nothing there that would lead me to suspect him. He read like a civ to me. He fooled me.
Who are you looking at in the wake of this, then?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:confused:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

Ricochet wrote:Image

:confused:
So Daisy voted for me right before being replaced? I don't even remember her mentioning me before (or anything else she said).

In answer to your question, Rico, I am leaning civ on most of the NKed players, which is not inspiring much hope at this point. I do agree a posible MM/Canuck link is worth looking into, since she was one of his defenders.

I don't really have a read on Dom, but I'd say civ if I had to guess. His play doesn't feel as calculated as in recent games where he was a baddie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No, she voted a short while ago, after being replaced.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Dom wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Who are you looking at in the wake of this, then?
I'm still suspicious of DFaraday, I'd be willing to vote for Bass, and, though I'd actually been reading her as civ most of the game, I was beginning to get itchy about Roxy before she was replaced, but now I'm not sure if what was pinging me in the tone of her posts was simply due to whatever RL issues caused her to need replacing....and since we can't vote for her/Vomps today anyway, it's kind of a moot point for now and I can think on it a little more.
Basically, I have no fucking clue. I have been dead wrong about every single lynch and suspect I've had. My inclination, then, is to assume I've just got everything backwards this game and start going after the people I've been trusting most (Rico, SVS, LC), or start voting along with my biggest suspect (DF). Another huge issue I'm having is that there's a fat chunk of people who are very middling for me, and who I have no read on whatsoever, even thought it's Day Freaking 8 (you're included in this No Idea group, Dom, as are most of the remaining players).

So yeah. I'm useless and have no ideas. :leaf:

linki: I don't deny defending MM (or at the very least, opposing his lynch...which I suppose amounts to the same thing) and it is obviously understandable that people are going to be looking very closely at me today, which I expect. But I promise you that if you lynch me, you lynch yet another civ. I think the baddies will push for my lynch today because it will be an easy sell (which is not to say that anyone who suspects me is bad, because I concur that there are reasonable grounds for suspecting me), but I hope that whatever civvies DO remain alive think carefully about this lynch and see me for the veryvery terrible civvie that I am. I have not played well this game, but I am a civ. :srsnod:

linki2: that's odd.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thanks for your input, Canuck. Why would you vote for Bass, though? Roxy wasn't replaced, though. :confused:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Derp, one though too many in that post.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Re: [Day 7]: Film Directors.

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:Well, perhaps he misread it the way I did :shrug:

But when he said that I knew exactly what he was referring to.
SVS, I was in the middle of posting a response to this when the thread got locked.

I'm curious as to why you and DF (and he can obviously offer his thoughts, too) both assumed that my comments after the first threadlock match up with the interpretation DF cites here:
DFaraday wrote:
Because when I tried to investigate the circumstances surrounding the Boll thread lock, you reacted as if that was a shady thing to do. I wonder if you don't want anyone looking into it.
......because I went back and looked at my comments in the context of the first thread lock, and not only was DF not around (or at least not posting) at all when I made the comment about waiting for Mod approval before posting/voting, I said absolutely nothing in response to DF's next post, which I assume is what his earlier quote was referring to
DFaraday wrote:
Black Rock wrote: RIP Made. I am certain the baddies locked the thread when three civvies were tied at one vote each, giving them a free lynch. I would have probably voted Made if I could have just because the other two I am certain are civvie and I had no idea if he was or not.
That was my thinking as well. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that the three who were tied were civvie, simply that they are not Hacks. I am leaning civ on MM at this point, though.
.....so I'm a little mystified by your and DF's equation of my thread-lock comments to me "reacting as if investigating the thread lock was a shady thing to do". Help!

(sorry if this is a convoluted post......I tried to make myself clear, but it was a confusing series of posts that led to SVS' agreement with DF's misreading of me....)

(.....aaaaaand my clarifying post script is just as unclear as the rest of this post. Phooey.)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Didn't Vomps just replace Roxy??

And Bass is on my list for extreme low-lying, which I pointed out a few days ago.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

My bad. Vomps replaced SD.

I think Roxy asked for a replacement, though? Maybe?
Gah. I'm so confused! I need to write myself a cheat-sheet of who has replaced who.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote:Didn't Vomps just replace Roxy??

And Bass is on my list for extreme low-lying, which I pointed out a few days ago.
How much have you played with Bass?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Canuck, I was referring to this post in particular:
Canucklehead wrote:Yeah, I have a feeling MM is a done deal at this point, but I'm going to vote for DF, too. I think he's trying waaaay to hard to stir shit up ("Hey guys! Isn't this thing weird? We should totally look closer at it because it's likely baddie behaviour but I'm being very careful not to say anything definitive or come down hard on one side or the other so that I can always backpedal if my pot stirring doesn't work out. I'm also not interested in providing thoughts on anything else that's going on or conversations that are happening, I really just want everyone to notice that I'm here and pointing out really suspicious things but not things that I'm personally willing to vote based on"....is totally how virtually all his posts read to me this game).
It reads to me as if you were referencing both of my topics of discussion (LC and the thread lock). It seemed like you were writing off both as simply pot-stirring attempts, which is why I referenced you in regards to the thread lock.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

Since I just arose from the grave would it be considered suspicious of me to respect my predecessor's belated decision and vote for DFaraday for a reason unknown to me?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Vompatti wrote:Since I just arose from the grave would it be considered suspicious of me to respect my predecessor's belated decision and vote for DFaraday for a reason unknown to me?
If Mongoose won't exclude Spacedaisy' vote from the tally (I'm sure she will, though), then it'd be best not to add another one to it, methinks. But confirmation is needed on that from Mongoose first.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

DFaraday wrote:Canuck, I was referring to this post in particular:
Canucklehead wrote:Yeah, I have a feeling MM is a done deal at this point, but I'm going to vote for DF, too. I think he's trying waaaay to hard to stir shit up ("Hey guys! Isn't this thing weird? We should totally look closer at it because it's likely baddie behaviour but I'm being very careful not to say anything definitive or come down hard on one side or the other so that I can always backpedal if my pot stirring doesn't work out. I'm also not interested in providing thoughts on anything else that's going on or conversations that are happening, I really just want everyone to notice that I'm here and pointing out really suspicious things but not things that I'm personally willing to vote based on"....is totally how virtually all his posts read to me this game).
It reads to me as if you were referencing both of my topics of discussion (LC and the thread lock). It seemed like you were writing off both as simply pot-stirring attempts, which is why I referenced you in regards to the thread lock.
OK, that makes sense. I thought you (and SVS) were referring to the things I said directly in response to the thread lock. My bad!

In the comment you quote, I was mainly referring to your discussion of LC/llama's death as the pot-stirring. The thread lock wasn't really in my mind at the time, I don't think.

Anywho. Thanks for clarifying. :)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Dom wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Didn't Vomps just replace Roxy??

How much have you played with Bass?
Dunno. Probably not much, if at all.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Canucklehead wrote:
OK, that makes sense. I thought you (and SVS) were referring to the things I said directly in response to the thread lock. My bad!

In the comment you quote, I was mainly referring to your discussion of LC/llama's death as the pot-stirring. The thread lock wasn't really in my mind at the time, I don't think.

I was talking about your response to the thread lock.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also Bass is Roxy's son, he had been afk with sick family member much of the past week, which has contributed to his already quietish game in general.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

I was talking about your response to the thread lock.
Ok. So my question still stands.

Thanks for the info about Bass.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Since I just arose from the grave would it be considered suspicious of me to respect my predecessor's belated decision and vote for DFaraday for a reason unknown to me?
If Mongoose won't exclude Spacedaisy' vote from the tally (I'm sure she will, though), then it'd be best not to add another one to it, methinks. But confirmation is needed on that from Mongoose first.
I think that allowing Spacedaisy to vote even though Vomp2.0 has taken over adds to the kind of natural transition that a replacement should have. We're not supposed to be getting a new player with totally different ideas, but it happens. Ideally, Spacedaisy would provide Vomp with notes on her suspicions and views, which Vomp could use as a starting point for true replacement.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also:
Favorite Anderson

Poll runs till Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:07:19 pm
You may select 1 option

Paul Thomas
Mongoose (1), A Person (2), Dom (5), Ricochet (7), S~V~S (8) 45%
Paul W.S.
Long Con (4) 9%
Wes
thellama73 (3), zeek (6), Made (9), timmer (10), Roxy (11) 45%
Total votes : 11
I rule. :noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I think that allowing Spacedaisy to vote even though Vomp2.0 has taken over adds to the kind of natural transition that a replacement should have. We're not supposed to be getting a new player with totally different ideas, but it happens. Ideally, Spacedaisy would provide Vomp with notes on her suspicions and views, which Vomp could use as a starting point for true replacement.
Well, I wasn't particularly sure what the habit is, in case of replacements. If it's advisable for the old player to put in one last vote instead of the new player having to give his input right away, then it's fine. I rather meant Vomps shouldn't add a second vote for DF, theoretically in the same slot with Spacedaisy, if Mongoose will count Spacedaisy's vote.

There is, however, the issue that her vote on DF is pretty unaccounted for. Like, at all.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:Also:
Favorite Anderson

Poll runs till Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:07:19 pm
You may select 1 option

Paul Thomas
Mongoose (1), A Person (2), Dom (5), Ricochet (7), S~V~S (8) 45%
Paul W.S.
Long Con (4) 9%
Wes
thellama73 (3), zeek (6), Made (9), timmer (10), Roxy (11) 45%
Total votes : 11
I rule. :noble:
Would you believe that I don't even know who Paul W.S. is? Sounded more like a "Paul Wes Anderson" hybrid option to me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Well, I wasn't particularly sure what the habit is, in case of replacements. If it's advisable for the old player to put in one last vote instead of the new player having to give his input right away, then it's fine. I rather meant Vomps shouldn't add a second vote for DF, theoretically in the same slot with Spacedaisy, if Mongoose will count Spacedaisy's vote.

There is, however, the issue that her vote on DF is pretty unaccounted for. Like, at all.
Not sure what's advisable, just thought I'd give my own two cents: that it's better to change/disrupt the game as little as possible when a replacement needs to happen.

I looked up all three directors, and while Paul WS Anderson's large volume of movies were quite a bit of action-pulp, they are movies that I have seen and been engaged with on some shallow level. I like zombies, I like Aliens and Predators, I like Musketeers, Event Horizon was scarier to me than most horror movies.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

I don't think MM And Canuck were teamed because if MM by locking the thread essentially giving up, wouldn't his teammates distance?

This isn't a typical lynch scenario. I know that If I were to arrive in the thread before it was locked, I would of voted DF, so i'd hesitate to say that the lynch was a lost cause for MM. With that in mind, I think it's likely that MM and DF were on the same team.

In order to distance more effectively, DF voted for MM, whom he knew was bad then gave MM the high sign to lock the thread.

It's worth noting that both DF and MM had yet to vote when the thread was locked to kill Made 1.0, serving to allow them a way to avoid suspicion for the coming day.

DF's opinions on MM are quite fun to read i might add.
DFaraday wrote:And I'm not clear on why SVS thinks there is a connection between AP and MM.
DFaraday wrote: I'm leaning civ on MP, and MM I'm really not sure. I do agree that Rico seems to be catching on awfully quick, perhaps a little too much. I will *vote Rico* today.
DFaraday wrote: Finally, he has begun looking more closely at MM, noting that MM has contributed to civvie lynches (although that's pretty much all we've had)
I need to look over Dom, MM, and Roxy to see how this all comes together.
And then a possible slip in bold
DFaraday wrote:

I voted MM, didn't I? Yes, in part to save myself, but I am more and more convinced that he is a Hack.

And yes, I'm not very committal. I never am. You two don't play much with me, but I'm not Llama or MP or Epig. I never just throw myself in 100% to something unless I'm absolutely positive I'm right.
It's important to realize that all the post above are all the post-- in order-- that DF has made on MM. If he felt that MM was a hack or even was confused and thought MM for reasons x or y, he hadn't brought it up until after he voted... and multiple other people voted for MM.

This hasn't anything to do with Df's opinion of MM, but it's interesting when you consider DF being a Hack, and my above theory, as well as DF bringing up Llama's kill as a reason to look at LC.
DFaraday wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Today I'm likely voting for Bass, DF, SD, or (outside chance) Dom. Bass, DF, and SD for being extreme low-liers, Dom 'cuz a have a gut feeling (but those have sucked this game, so I'm not too inclined to follow that again).

Still don't understand why MM is on everyone's lists. I've re-read him already, but I guess I'll give a re-read to his main suspector/accuser SVS and see if I can figure out why you all feel so unsure of him.

I wouldn't say I'm an extremely low lier these days. It just takes me a while to warm up in most games.

Anyway, since we have had no success yet, today I'm going to work off of a theory. Uwe Boll apparently locked the thread when there were 3 votes, so presumably none of those players are Hacks. My belief is that he probably locked the thread because he or one of his teammates had been under suspicion, and he didn't want them to take votes. I'm going to go back and see who was being discussed during the day and night prior to the thread lock.
Doing the opposite and checking MM for connections to DF, but we'll see how that goes.

Will post second half soonish.
Pov: you reading my takes
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made, do you think this might be typical of civvie DFaraday?

Reading what you wrote, I have an opinion-- but, first, I want to know yours.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Dom wrote:Made, do you think this might be typical of civvie DFaraday?
Not really? I'm pretty sure this is the first game where i've read DF as bad, so I think at least something is up.
Pov: you reading my takes
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

Ricochet wrote: Would you believe that I don't even know who Paul W.S. is? Sounded more like a "Paul Wes Anderson" hybrid option to me.
I thought the same thing. Apparently I've only seen AVP from him, so I definitely wasn't going to choose him in any case.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Canucklehead wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Well, perhaps he misread it the way I did :shrug:

But when he said that I knew exactly what he was referring to.
SVS, I was in the middle of posting a response to this when the thread got locked.

I'm curious as to why you and DF (and he can obviously offer his thoughts, too) both assumed that my comments after the first threadlock match up with the interpretation DF cites here:
DFaraday wrote:
Because when I tried to investigate the circumstances surrounding the Boll thread lock, you reacted as if that was a shady thing to do. I wonder if you don't want anyone looking into it.
......because I went back and looked at my comments in the context of the first thread lock, and not only was DF not around (or at least not posting) at all when I made the comment about waiting for Mod approval before posting/voting, I said absolutely nothing in response to DF's next post, which I assume is what his earlier quote was referring to
DFaraday wrote:
Black Rock wrote: RIP Made. I am certain the baddies locked the thread when three civvies were tied at one vote each, giving them a free lynch. I would have probably voted Made if I could have just because the other two I am certain are civvie and I had no idea if he was or not.
That was my thinking as well. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that the three who were tied were civvie, simply that they are not Hacks. I am leaning civ on MM at this point, though.
.....so I'm a little mystified by your and DF's equation of my thread-lock comments to me "reacting as if investigating the thread lock was a shady thing to do". Help!

(sorry if this is a convoluted post......I tried to make myself clear, but it was a confusing series of posts that led to SVS' agreement with DF's misreading of me....)

(.....aaaaaand my clarifying post script is just as unclear as the rest of this post. Phooey.)
I didn't agree with DFs misreading of you. If indeed he did misread you. He probably is bad. But I kinda think you may be, too.

I will finish addressing why I thought what I thought about your reaction to Boll-lock 1 later. While I was reading through your posts looking for the posts that day after Daisy opened the thread, I ran into all of these posts where you defend MM, try teo redirect attention from him to other players, question why people might be suspicious of him. Tons of these posts. You actually mention MM more than anyone else in your posts.

Canucklehead wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I think lynching either of them is good. I got a teammates feel from them, even when they were being adversarial, they were being sympatico. Like I said yesterday, it felt to me like MM was giving TH a platform for expressing himself, while doing a bit of distancing at the same time. Then TH made a remark about how MM is determined to misread him, and that was not how I was reading their exchange at all. That was why I put out the "popcorn" smilie; they were putting on an excellent show, and i was enjoying watching them.

I would say I was sorry it annoyed MM, but, really, I kinda wasn't. This is how I play, and it works for me :)

Linki~ Welcome Back AP :D
SVS, in light of TH flipping civ, how have you re-organized your thoughts about MM? If he's not TH's baddie teammate (which seemed to be at least part of the fuel for your TH vote), what else about him makes you think he's bad? (I am in the process of reading back through all your posts to try to find your original suspicions of MM that are not TH connected, but I'm not quite done yet.....and regardless, I'd like to hear how/if your thoughts have changed given the new information about TH, or if the TH-teamie thing was not actually much of a factor for you). :)

Thanks!
Canucklehead wrote:Today I'm likely voting for Bass, DF, SD, or (outside chance) Dom. Bass, DF, and SD for being extreme low-liers, Dom 'cuz a have a gut feeling (but those have sucked this game, so I'm not too inclined to follow that again).

Still don't understand why MM is on everyone's lists. I've re-read him already, but I guess I'll give a re-read to his main suspector/accuser SVS and see if I can figure out why you all feel so unsure of him.
Canucklehead wrote:I do not understand the case on MM. At all.
I did a full readthrough of all 7 pages (superstar!) of his posts a few nights ago and could find absolutely nothing that made me think he was anything other than a civ trying to figure stuff out. I don't have a particularly long history with MM, so maybe I just don't know what his baddie game looks like, but I found nothing in his post record that struck me as baddie behaviour: no attempting to hide in the shadows, no fear of rocking the boat or drawing attention to himself, no frivolous leaps onto lynch trains once they began pulling out of the station (or at least not any more frivolous than anyone else).
I feel like this is a case where his name has been casually floated for long enough and "linked" to enough other subjects of discussion that he's become suspicious simply by being mentioned a lot. For anyone who feels inclined to, please show me where I'm going wrong in my read of him! :confused:
Canucklehead wrote:Alos, TH's Emmerich comment was weird, but I think his immediate "bwt is clearly info dumping and I'm bothered by it but no worries guys 'cuz it's clearly an incorrect infodump cuz I'm totes a civ but the ony reason he would go after me is if he has info but it's wrong info I swear trust" reaction post was even weirder.

And I think the resurgence in MM suspicions as TH is on the brink of being swallowed by a lynch train are weirder still. ;)
Canucklehead wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:TH's case on Made is interesting, but I'm wary because I don't actually really trust TH at this point. However, in two-mafia games, baddies often make some of the best baddie hunters, since they're desperate to remove the threat of NK by the other team....so thinking someone might be a baddie si not neccesarily a reason to discount their suspicions and cases.

I did a read through of MM last night, and I really didn't see anything at all that read like a baddie to me there, so I don't think I'll be jumping on that train unless some more compelling thoughts/cases on him come forward....
So if you are not discounting cases, what do you think of Made & MMs cases on me? Do you agree that civs should keep a tight vote if possible?
I'm not sure I understand this allusion to "discounting cases"? My post stated that I wasn't discounting TH's case on Made, despite the fact that I don't really trust TH. I'm not sure how that is related to MM (who I see no reason not to trust) and Made's cases on you? (This is not a snarky response, just a genuinely confused one)

But to answer your question directly, because maybe you were just asking for my opinion and I'm reading too much into your choice of phrasing:

Since after my reread of him I see no reason not to trust MM, I wouldn't discount his case on you (though I ultimately don't agree with it), and even tough at the time of this post I was on the fence with Made (though we now know he was civ), I still wouldn't discount his case on you (though I also don't agree with it). I do agree that your concern about spreading the vote and having many missing voters due to the poll time was a valid one, and proved prescient re: the latter point.
Canucklehead wrote:TH's case on Made is interesting, but I'm wary because I don't actually really trust TH at this point. However, in two-mafia games, baddies often make some of the best baddie hunters, since they're desperate to remove the threat of NK by the other team....so thinking someone might be a baddie si not neccesarily a reason to discount their suspicions and cases.

I did a read through of MM last night, and I really didn't see anything at all that read like a baddie to me there, so I don't think I'll be jumping on that train unless some more compelling thoughts/cases on him come forward....
Earlier than this, you got into hot water (along with me) for not voting MM when you stated a suspish on him, but instead voted for, I believe it was AP. Since then, you have defended him.

Voting you, Canuck, Sweetie. This is a place where we are very alike gamewise, we have issues distancing.

But I will be OK with a Faraday lynch, too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [Day 5]: Film Directors.

Post by S~V~S »

Canucklehead wrote:Wait, SD unlocked the thread?? I don't think that's kosher...I assmed the baddies used their ability. I don't think these posts an votes should be happening right now. :s
Canucklehead wrote:Guys. Hold up. This thread was unofficially unlocked. I think we need to wait for Mongoose's OK before proceeding.
This was why I thought you were upset; this reads like you wanted people to stop posting and voting, although Mongoose could easily have not counted votes, and the game mod could have deleted the posts if there was an issue.

You sounded upset to me, and the people who would be upset by an interruption would be the baddies who set it in motion. That was how I read this. I was kinda looking at you before this, but I looked at you harder after it.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Host Whoops:

I know Daisy's been busy and sought a replacement but didn't see my message to her about it in my outbox. It's now there, let the record reflect. Her vote today won't count, so just pretend it's not there just like your college boyfriend did with your roommate.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Epignosis »

What college boyfriend? :shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

SVS, I'm in a tough spot. You're right that I have trouble distancing, but what your read of me doesn't take into account is that I'm also kinda terrible at reading people. I didn't want to vote MM, and I didn't want other people to vote MM, because I didn't understand the case on him, and didn't see it for myself, and no one took me up on my requests to sell me harder on their MM case (which is fine, it's not other people's job to do my work for me). I was wrong in my read of MM, just as Ive been wrong in my read of TH, just as I've been wrong in pretty much every read/vote I've done this game. Like I said earlier, it is very easy to make a case against me, because may crumbs are easily and reasonably interpretable as baddie actions....it's just that the truth behind the actions is something else entirely.

I honestly don't know how to defend myself in this situation, because I haven't really done anything to contribute to the civ cause (though I've obvoously tried), but I really do want to make a strong defense because I know that I'm one of what can ony be a handful of civs remaining. I'm not a baddie.
I wish you hadn't voted for me, and I reallyhipe the trend doesn't catch on.....but I don't blame you, lady. My track record (especially in re: MM) stinks to heaven.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Earlier than this, you got into hot water (along with me) for not voting MM when you stated a suspish on him, but instead voted for, I believe it was AP. Since then, you have defended him.

Voting you, Canuck, Sweetie. This is a place where we are very alike gamewise, we have issues distancing.

So, you'd be on board for a DFaraday lynch first?
If DFaraday is bad, I would feel more confident about Canuck.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

More confident I'm bad, or more confident I'm good? :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

\

Since i am thinking Canuck was with MM, that would put DF on the other team, especially since a big piece of the Faraday pie is that he called MM for being on a specific team when no known baddies were dead, so no real clues as to team affiliation yet.

So why would the lynch of one affect your opinion of the other? That's like saying, "Yay, we lynched Stalin! But that makes me think twice about Idi Amin being a baddie." Apples/oranges, or am I being obtuse (not unheard of)?

But sure, I have voted. If you guys want Faraday, I have no problems with that. He sounded like he was trying to frame LC for the Llama kill.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

\

Since i am thinking Canuck was with MM, that would put DF on the other team, especially since a big piece of the Faraday pie is that he called MM for being on a specific team when no known baddies were dead, so no real clues as to team affiliation yet.

So why would the lynch of one affect your opinion of the other? That's like saying, "Yay, we lynched Stalin! But that makes me think twice about Idi Amin being a baddie." Apples/oranges, or am I being obtuse (not unheard of)?

But sure, I have voted. If you guys want Faraday, I have no problems with that. He sounded like he was trying to frame LC for the Llama kill.
I realize my error in thinking tbh. My life is all scrambled right now. :/

I'm more confident about DFaraday-- and I'll try to understand your thoughts on Canuck in the future. Sorry for my total lack of competency. :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote:More confident I'm bad, or more confident I'm good? :grin:
:biggrin:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Made wrote: This isn't a typical lynch scenario. I know that If I were to arrive in the thread before it was locked, I would of voted DF, so i'd hesitate to say that the lynch was a lost cause for MM. With that in mind, I think it's likely that MM and DF were on the same team.

In order to distance more effectively, DF voted for MM, whom he knew was bad then gave MM the high sign to lock the thread.

It's worth noting that both DF and MM had yet to vote when the thread was locked to kill Made 1.0, serving to allow them a way to avoid suspicion for the coming day.
As I recall, Bass had in spirit cast his vote for MM, Dom was expressing intention to vote MM, and none of the low posters had mentioned me, so I'd say it was pretty close to a runaway. Also, since both he and I had been under suspicion prior to the start of the day, wouldn't it have made more sense for one of our supposed team to vote someone else at the start of the day, then immediately lock the thread? For that matter, if we were on the same team why bother locking the thread at all? All that would accomplish is bringing even more scrutiny onto me (as it indeed has).
Made wrote: It's important to realize that all the post above are all the post-- in order-- that DF has made on MM. If he felt that MM was a hack or even was confused and thought MM for reasons x or y, he hadn't brought it up until after he voted... and multiple other people voted for MM.
This is willful misrepresentation. There are three posts regarding or addressing MM which you failed to mention. I still haven't figured out how to multiquote, but anyone can look at my posts to see that I believed that the thread had been locked by someone who had been under suspicion shortly before, and I called out MM as trying to discredit my thread theory (which was apparently right). You make it seem as if I just voted MM out of the blue and without any logical thought progression.

Also, you cite my mention of MM being a Hack as a slip up, even though I clearly stated why I thought him more likely to be a Hack than a Brother.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom, you already voted, but you should know as well as anyone that I actually apply myself when I'm a civ, and am certainly more outspoken. As a baddie I try not to rock the boat or draw attention (which if Made were right, I've been doing a whole lot of).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Why a Hack and not a Brother?

I am very interested to hear your reasons there.

I'll keep you and your family in prayer Bass! :hugs:
Is this the only reason why?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Why a Hack and not a Brother?

I am very interested to hear your reasons there.

I'll keep you and your family in prayer Bass! :hugs:
Is this the only reason why?
Yes. I had no reason to think he was a Brother.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So...why did you have reason to think he was a Hack? No baddie lynches as of the time you made that post, and I did not think the kill patterns said much. Did I miss something?

Return to “Previous Jobs”