Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by AceofSpaces »

@MP, Will we be told when the secret word has been found, Sock-Kira?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Hahaha why is Elo posting fangirl pictures of L :D
It's not L. It's the tongue thing.

I don't get it either.
We just watched episode 17 where L ties a cherry stem in a knot with his tongue. I was a teenage girl in the 90's. Being able to do such a think makes you a good kisser :D So...I think L must be a good kisser. Hmmm....is Epi L?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna vote Epi now. He is either a baddie pulling this stunt, or he is somehow not a baddie, but completely disinterested in making any kind of sense. Dead weight either way. Voting now :P
Dead Weight. :ponder:
I am suddenly interested in this "dead weight" claim. :ponder:
Why do you keep posting the words "dead weight"?
How about we all stop talking and go watch Episode 17.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lmao Elo.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

18, Elohcin. 18. 17 was the intense scene in the back of the car. Although, that relates to us as well, no? ;)
Zomberella12 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna vote Epi now. He is either a baddie pulling this stunt, or he is somehow not a baddie, but completely disinterested in making any kind of sense. Dead weight either way. Voting now :P
We just viewed episode 18, and the phrase "dead weight" was mentioned a few times in a critical scene.

If it's a coincidence, it's an interesting one.

If not, then this post:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I got a bit of flak for even mentioning the Shinigami eyes. However, consider this: Does DharmaHelper know the show? If he does, then his "If I remember rightly from the show" comment is just to make it seem like this knowledge isn't a Google away. He is bullshitting you, folks. He is feigning ignorance of things he knows. And that's a fact.
Quite the conspiracy you've uncovered there Epi. I saw Death Note in its entirety years ago. I don't feel like googling every little detail :shrug:
Is misleading.

The brain makes connections like these. Mine did.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The next installment of Snowman's Note will begin on Night 4.
Addendum:

I have a bit more time to start this now, and I thought I'd ask the thread.

So, folks, want to concentrate purely on lynch discussion today or do you want me to provide the next installment of Snowman's Note as well?
Next installment please. :nicenod:
Turnip Head wrote:I think we could use a good distraction :wiz:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

See...I thought it was 18, but then after the episode, netflix automatically switches to the next episode and I waited a few minutes and it still said 18....so I thought I must have been mistaken and it was 17.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

oh...and yes, you resort to craziness when you are young, dating, and eyes are everywhere...pure craziness.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

@ llama - thanks - I will look into it. I don't have the same feels you have about zombra - but I get why you have them. I think your hesitation is wise.

linkie - based on the fact that snowman triggered the vote -

Imma try ziltoid. and also kraftwerk and talking heads just cuz.

@ eloh - interesting - I suppose epi could be L - if kissing is the criteria I'm fail then at being able to confirm or deny. :p

llama - VERY good point - So we are sold then that MM and TH are also anti detective based on this and their early votes? I would think if the early vote thing was an issue for more than one person - MP would have balanced it across the board.... But - I TOTALLY get what you are saying re: MM and TH.

I spent most of today worrying about not talking about lynches - and thinking that it'd mean most likely that someone like made would get lynched on "we semi-discussed him nothing more to see here" late last second bandwaggon.

linki - eloh - what do you think about the game we are playing? do you have suspects? who? why? after the last game, I'm looking for your imput into things and I'm seeing little - that makes me a sad :bea: :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:oh...and yes, you resort to craziness when you are young, dating, and eyes are everywhere...pure craziness.
You almost crashed into a wall and killed us both when that guy came with a flashlight and peeked in on us. Pond St. Never forget. :noble:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I reread TH today. 23 pages of one-liners (and most of them made me laugh), but at least he was consistent. No change that I could see from day 1 (when he wasn't the first voter) to day 2&3, when he was the first. That doesn't make him bad, and it doesn't lay claim to civvie-ness either. (I believe that word can be found in the mafia dictionary, it replaced townie-ness)

I do think he has been inviting votes though. Its almost like he has either been daring people to vote him, or inviting them. Maybe he can't be lynched, or maybe he achieves something if he gets the majority of votes.

Or maybe he has a new play style, but I doubt it. I'd appreciate some comments on the above graph, though.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

@TH...I was suggesting we all hush and watch 1 b/c of the dead weight comment, not b/c of the cherry stem

@ bea...I think this game is fun but nuts. Confusing. I actually think it would have made more sense if I were not watching the show too. B/c in the show right now...Light is not kira and has no memory of being kira and he is working WITH the detectives to FIND kira. So....its all a bit confusing in my brain. Not only am I trying to figure out WHO is bad, but I am trying to figure out what it MEANS to be bad. I will figure it all out eventually I guess. In the show, at this point, the yotsuba have control of the kill. However they talk as if there is still a person (kira) instructing them on what to do. Its weird. Just don't mind me.

I think I mostly suspect quiet players at the moment. If I were a kira, I would do the kills and keep my mouth shut.

linki: Epi. Shhhhhhhhh!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matahari wrote:I reread TH today. 23 pages of one-liners (and most of them made me laugh), but at least he was consistent. No change that I could see from day 1 (when he wasn't the first voter) to day 2&3, when he was the first. That doesn't make him bad, and it doesn't lay claim to civvie-ness either. (I believe that word can be found in the mafia dictionary, it replaced townie-ness)

I do think he has been inviting votes though. Its almost like he has either been daring people to vote him, or inviting them. Maybe he can't be lynched, or maybe he achieves something if he gets the majority of votes.

Or maybe he has a new play style, but I doubt it. I'd appreciate some comments on the above graph, though.
Maybe if we vote for him, he will explode and kill the people who voted for him. Maybe he is not really TH at all, but a secret ghost-sock account masquerading as him. Maybe the world will end tomorrow.

Maybe we should spend less time inventing hypothetical reasons not to vote for someone who is acting suspicious.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari- this astounds me: Why would you read 23 pages of Turnip Head but defer to the opinions of others?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

thellama73 wrote:
Matahari wrote:I reread TH today. 23 pages of one-liners (and most of them made me laugh), but at least he was consistent. No change that I could see from day 1 (when he wasn't the first voter) to day 2&3, when he was the first. That doesn't make him bad, and it doesn't lay claim to civvie-ness either. (I believe that word can be found in the mafia dictionary, it replaced townie-ness)

Maybe if we vote for him, he will explode and kill the people who voted for him. Maybe he is not really TH at all, but a secret ghost-sock account masquerading as him. Maybe the world will end tomorrow.

Maybe we should spend less time inventing hypothetical reasons not to vote for someone who is acting suspicious.
I see you misunderstand my post. I'm thinking of voting him. But- I don't want to do something without some convo first. Why do you think he is posting the way he is? I find it to be very, "I don't care if I get votes" type of posting.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Epignosis wrote:Matahari- this astounds me: Why would you read 23 pages of Turnip Head but defer to the opinions of others?
See my post above. I don't trust the way he is coming across, and I half expect a trick of some kind. But I've been told many times that I overthink stuff. Do you think I'm asking needless questions?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matahari wrote: I see you misunderstand my post. I'm thinking of voting him. But- I don't want to do something without some convo first. Why do you think he is posting the way he is? I find it to be very, "I don't care if I get votes" type of posting.
I think h is posting the way he is:
1) to amuse himself
2) to clog up the thread with unproductive chatter
3) to be able to say "look, I'm participating!"
4) for additional reasons known only to himself

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I am glad we're talking about lynches now, but find it rather remarkable that everyone except AceofSpaces came in soliciting the opinions of others rather than putting forth their own.

Nice job for taking a stand, AceofSpaces, although I disagree with you.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:18, Elohcin. 18. 17 was the intense scene in the back of the car. Although, that relates to us as well, no? ;)
Zomberella12 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
We just viewed episode 18, and the phrase "dead weight" was mentioned a few times in a critical scene.

If not, then this post:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I got a bit of flak for even mentioning the Shinigami eyes. However, consider this: Does DharmaHelper know the show? If he does, then his "If I remember rightly from the show" comment is just to make it seem like this knowledge isn't a Google away. He is bullshitting you, folks. He is feigning ignorance of things he knows. And that's a fact.
Quite the conspiracy you've uncovered there Epi. I saw Death Note in its entirety years ago. I don't feel like googling every little detail :shrug:
Is misleading.

So to be clear, you're placing suspicion on me for a lore based reason?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Matahari- this astounds me: Why would you read 23 pages of Turnip Head but defer to the opinions of others?
See my post above. I don't trust the way he is coming across, and I half expect a trick of some kind. But I've been told many times that I overthink stuff. Do you think I'm asking needless questions?
No, I think you're okay.

TH is up to something. His celebrated bad guy persona is to be helpful and comforting (see Harry Potter). I think he's doing an about-face to mess with people.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:18, Elohcin. 18. 17 was the intense scene in the back of the car. Although, that relates to us as well, no? ;)
Zomberella12 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If not, then this post:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Is misleading.

So to be clear, you're placing suspicion on me for a lore based reason?
Nope. I'm suspecting you because of what you said.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As it relates to episode 18.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:As it relates to episode 18.
Another delicious coincidence, isn't it?

Do you recall episode 18 at all? Without googling it?
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

thellama73 wrote:I am glad we're talking about lynches now, but find it rather remarkable that everyone except AceofSpaces came in soliciting the opinions of others rather than putting forth their own.

Nice job for taking a stand, AceofSpaces, although I disagree with you.
I do it for the people :noble:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

For your sake I'm watching it now on Netflix. Though I will be completely upfront and say I'm not likely to take anything you say seriously or consider it in any way shape or form.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

For your sake I'm watching it now on Netflix. Though I will be completely upfront and say I'm not likely to take anything you say seriously or consider it in any way shape or form.
And that approach will be different how, exactly?
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

And that approach will be different how, exactly?
I mean, I was perfectly content to at least remotely consider what you had to bring to the table before your 200,000 word essay. So, there's that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After that episode, I assumed DharmaHelper might actually be a detective after all.

Unfortunately, he needed to watch the episode again, so he was not catching what I was throwing.

My position that he is not a detective yet stands.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:I mean, I was perfectly content to at least remotely consider what you had to bring to the table before your 200,000 word essay. So, there's that.
Those were characters, not words.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I mean, I was perfectly content to at least remotely consider what you had to bring to the table before your 200,000 word essay. So, there's that.
Those were characters, not words.
They certainly lacked character :ohyeah:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
Can you blame him?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I vote to lynch DharmaHelper, will anyone support me?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:If I vote to lynch DharmaHelper, will anyone support me?
I'm not sold on him yet, personally.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Those puzzles offered me a brief respite, but I can see the tide is quickly rising again, so I'll check you fly cats later. :)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm interested in the early voting for TH, given the revelation that it was a mechanic for Snowman.
What do you mean?
Line 14. Snowman had to be one of the first five people to vote. With the early voting, it makes me wonder if a similar mechanic is in Turnip Head's role (and MM's, while we're at it).
Oh, and didn't llama vote early too?
He did.
My vote was impulsive.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Why not?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm interested in the early voting for TH, given the revelation that it was a mechanic for Snowman.
What do you mean?
Line 14. Snowman had to be one of the first five people to vote. With the early voting, it makes me wonder if a similar mechanic is in Turnip Head's role (and MM's, while we're at it).
Oh, and didn't llama vote early too?
He did.
My vote was impulsive.
I can guess why.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

thellama73 wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
Can you blame him?
No, but it is a little weird to see 22 players alive and only 12 posting. Are puzzles really that scary?
Maybe? Probably not. I think that the discourse you two have been having for the last four days actually serves as a pretty solid shield *against* voting for either of you, which worries me a little.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Puzzles aren't scary. They're boring in context. And I think for those that are good at puzzles, a way of looking helpful.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

His MO this game is to come into lynch on the second day part of it - be lost and throw a vote - you'd think this far into the game - he'd know not to skip days w/o checking the thread....but it is what it is.

linki- I think it's easy for DH and Epi to focus on each other because they are both so vocal. I think they should quit reading each other's posts tbh and focus on other things atm. Or - to summarize Aces - quit chewing on each other's bones! There's lots of other bones to go around!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
His MO this game is to come into lynch on the second day part of it - be lost and throw a vote - you'd think this far into the game - he'd know not to skip days w/o checking the thread....but it is what it is.

linki- I think it's easy for DH and Epi to focus on each other because they are both so vocal. I think they should quit reading each other's posts tbh and focus on other things atm. Or - to summarize Aces - quit chewing on each other's bones! There's lots of other bones to go around!
I'm trying to do just that. :disappoint: Anyway, I really should step away for a bit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Every time I go after DH, he pulls this. I'm sorry. I think he's faking and full of shit. How can I express that without hurting his feelings?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am going to take the initiative and vote DharmaHelper now. I think he's disingenuous, and I think he's gone after me for sloppy reasons.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:Puzzles aren't scary. They're boring in context. And I think for those that are good at puzzles, a way of looking helpful.
and also this. I am personally really bad at those things so I avoid them - I've been trying to contribute to the conversation that's not decoding, because that's maybe how I can help. For as little help as I am. :sigh:

I wouldn't be suprised if there was a Kira or sypathizer in the coders. It's an easy way to look helpful. What I would personally look for is who was silent and then suddenly contributing. Boo for example seems to have piped up in the coding when previously he was only about lynching llama....

@ DH - what about boo?

@ epi - IDK if you can - maybe let someone else see something in DH's posts? I get where you are coming from, but it doesn't seem to be productive - what do you think of boo?

linkie - epi - you couldn't have waited like 4 minutes for me to deal with my laggy computer and linki? :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I dislike this puzzle. No one is talking about who we should lynch, and I think that is a problem.
I was trying to finish this puzzle as quickly as possible so we'd only have lynches to talk about later.
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If that's the case, then I am up for the challenge. :feb:
Bring it sista
Nah. I'm pro-detective. Feeding the troll would go against that. ;)
One could argue that Snowman was pro-detective.
thellama73 wrote:Did I miss where MM explained his vote for TH? He's another one I think fits the distraction/LC murder criterion.
I'm not trying to distract. I'm trying to move on.
bea wrote:llama - VERY good point - So we are sold then that MM and TH are also anti detective based on this and their early votes? I would think if the early vote thing was an issue for more than one person - MP would have balanced it across the board.... But - I TOTALLY get what you are saying re: MM and TH.
False. Just false.

And you're all welcome for puzzle-solving......

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why not?
He just doesn't feel bad to me. Your feud with him feels like two type-A civs clashing. You may be right, but I can't see it. :shrug:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:@ epi - IDK if you can - maybe let someone else see something in DH's posts? I get where you are coming from, but it doesn't seem to be productive - what do you think of boo?

linkie - epi - you couldn't have waited like 4 minutes for me to deal with my laggy computer and linki? :p

Sorry bea. If Kira kills me, I want my vote to count.

I think boo is evil. Lynch him too.

However, I already voted, and so I won't be making extensive cases or clogging up the thread.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Did I miss where MM explained his vote for TH? He's another one I think fits the distraction/LC murder criterion.
I'm not trying to distract. I'm trying to move on.
So MM you forgot to answer llama's question. Have you explained your vote for TH?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:My vote was impulsive.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”