S~V~S (5), Turnip Head (19) 7%
Free Birds
Turnip Head (18) 4%
White Bird in a Blizzard
Turnip Head (17) 4%
Rare Birds
Turnip Head (16) 4%
To Kill a Mockingbird
Metalmarsh89 (1), S~V~S (4), Dom (7), zeek (9), Turnip Head (15), Bass_the_Clever (23), Mongoose (26) 25%
Pink Flamingos
S~V~S (3), Turnip Head (14), Mongoose (27) 11%
The Raven
Roxy (2), Turnip Head (13), Vompatti (24) 11%
The Birdcage
S~V~S (11), Turnip Head (12), Bass_the_Clever (22), timmer (25), Mongoose (28) 18%
Mockingjay
No votes
Total votes : 28
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [Day 11]: Film Directors.

Post by Mongoose »

Night 10: I Mustache You a Question

One of the world's most famous mustaches belongs to John Waters.

The Pope of Filth, John Waters is a fun, schlocky director who is just as associated with Baltimore as Poe or the Ravens. He is also a professor:http://www.egs.edu/faculty/john-waters/biography/. See below for a portion of a lecture he gave.

If you have a moment, check out the trailers for some of his better-known films.

Cry-Baby:

Pink Flamingos:

Polyester:

Serial Mom:

John Waters recently wrote a travel book called Carsick. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18490657-carsick

He gave a brilliant interview on Fresh Air about said book: http://www.npr.org/2014/06/10/320645960 ... e-about-it

No one has died.
It is now Day 11. You have 48 hours to groom your 'stache.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

Yay @ no death!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Event: Interfering Producers

To get discussion rolling, make 10 on-topic posts during the Day 11 period.

1. Eligible posts must contain on-topic material. They can also contain other material, but make sure something in there is legit game-related. You can still make Off-Topic posts, they just won't count towards your total.

2. Double posts won't count. If you post twice in a row, this won't harm you, but the second post won't count towards your total.

3. Keep a tally at the bottom of your posts so I don't have to add. Don't make me math please.

4. Those who make it to 10 will receive a prize.

5. The first person to make it to 10 will win an additional prize.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

My moustache is beginning to look more and more Nietzsche-flavoured.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That would mean for me not to only to skip sleeping tonight, but also stay in my hotel room all day long tomorrow, so I'll doubt I'll be much of a competitor.

But he's the first thought I can put on the table: was it a kill fail or a no kill? ALso, contrary to sabie, the night post didn't specify who was targeted this time.

Rico = 1
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:That would mean for me not to only to skip sleeping tonight, but also stay in my hotel room all day long tomorrow, so I'll doubt I'll be much of a competitor.

But he's the first thought I can put on the table: was it a kill fail or a no kill? ALso, contrary to sabie, the night post didn't specify who was targeted this time.

Rico = 1
This might point to no kill? IDK.

There's many ways to read that-- do we have any inactive left? Are the baddies trying to appear inactive?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Why would it be a no kill? Everyone had like 72 hours to send their PM's in. It must have failed somehow. Although most of the roles that can stop a baddie kill are baddie roles themselves...

linki: I don't think we have any inactives unless you count Vompatti, who I'm not suspicious of. Do you guys really think the baddies would intentionally waste a kill this late in the game?

+1
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:That would mean for me not to only to skip sleeping tonight, but also stay in my hotel room all day long tomorrow, so I'll doubt I'll be much of a competitor.

Rico = 1
This might point to no kill? IDK.

There's many ways to read that-- do we have any inactive left? Are the baddies trying to appear inactive?
In theory, the civ blocker could still be alive and the Coens might have also incidentally protected the player who was targeted. But there are many ways to read this, indeed, that's why I was wondering.

What do you mean by inactives? Past inactives - in which case, yes, Lizzy/Made and Spacedaisy/Vomps? Current inactives? No, everyone's been contributing.

Dom = 1
Rico = 2
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Who are you looking at for today's vote, Rico?

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:Why would it be a no kill? Everyone had like 72 hours to send their PM's in. It must have failed somehow. Although most of the roles that can stop a baddie kill are baddie roles themselves...

linki: I don't think we have any inactives unless you count Vompatti, who I'm not suspicious of. Do you guys really think the baddies would intentionally waste a kill this late in the game?

+1
Perhaps they want to seem inactive, IDK?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Vompatti wrote:My moustache is beginning to look more and more Nietzsche-flavoured.
Nietzsche had a very extreme moustache.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'll revisit all the players, but my main impulse is to look at those who pushed AP's lynch into discussion (high likelihood of him being under-the-radar) and ultimately into effect. Also, at this point, there are only a few players left that I could still say they look more civ than bad to me, which makes the discussion more complicated.

Rico = 3 and I think this is where I'll stop for now, because need sleep. Also, I can hear the person in the hotel room next to me snoring, wtf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Why would it be a no kill? Everyone had like 72 hours to send their PM's in. It must have failed somehow. Although most of the roles that can stop a baddie kill are baddie roles themselves...

+1
Perhaps they want to seem inactive, IDK?

I just don't know what they would gain from that, or who it would be meant to make us look at. Everybody's decently active it seems.
Ricochet wrote:ALso, contrary to sabie, the night post didn't specify who was targeted this time.
This seems important but I'm not clear on the specifics. Was sabie targeted for a kill and survived, and the post was written as such?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:ALso, contrary to sabie, the night post didn't specify who was targeted this time.
This seems important but I'm not clear on the specifics. Was sabie targeted for a kill and survived, and the post was written as such?
Yes. Mongoose arguably made a story around that kill attempt, but most assumed sabie being mentioned as the target and that "she was rescued" i.e. the kill didn't go through was the part that was true. That's the only thing that, missing in this case, makes me think of a no kill. Otherwise, it is indeed highly unlikely.

lol, ok, Rico = 4 but I'm done for real, good night
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TH-- who would you like to lynch

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:TH-- who would you like to lynch

I've got one idea, it's gonna take me a minute to put it all together.

(not counting this as it doesn't feel on topic enough)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:TH-- who would you like to lynch

I've got one idea, it's gonna take me a minute to put it all together.

(not counting this as it doesn't feel on topic enough)
Is it me?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No Dom, it is not.

I've been sitting on this for a while, mulling over it. And with the way the game has gone, I think it's time to seriously consider it. There's only 7 players left and up to 5 of them could be bad guys. Time to go big or go home. Without further adieu, let me take you on a journey. Please read carefully.
  • On Night 1, there was a failed kill. After Day 2, it became clear that Canuck had been silenced that Day. A few players questioned her on it, but it was Llama that was able to get her to respond:
    Canucklehead wrote:
    thellama73 wrote:
    Canuck, two people have asked if you were silenced yesterday. I'll be the thrd. It really makes a difference so we would like to know.
    (The Boy is being a butt and doing work in the middle of Saturday, so I will be around the thread until he decides to stop being a stick in the mud and enjoy our fucking day. :noble: )

I definitely saw both questions, and think silencing is one of many perfectly mausoleum reasons why I wasn't super chatty yesterday. :) I dont agree that it makes a difference, though, because I have a very different interpretation of how the silencing/blocking role works than most people in the thread.
  • Interesting, if vague. BWT comes in with his perspective, and TH follows up looking for clarification:
    Turnip Head wrote:
    birdwithteeth11 wrote:2) I don't know if this is still a thing, but I read the John Waters thing as him silencing someone during a day period and blocking them the FOLLOWING night. So in regards to Canuck, I don't think there is anything indicative of her being bad.
    Hostest: Is this the way that Waters works?
  • Curiously, Turnip Head 1.0's question was never answered by the host, perhaps the question was missed.
  • As we all know, TH1.0 eventually met his maker as a result of some misguided sleuthing by BWT. TH1.0 didn't fight his lynch too much, perhaps accepting the inevitable. But before he croaked, he gave us one last little nugget to ponder:
    Turnip Head wrote:I think Canuck may have purposely misinterpreted a role at the beginning of the game, just conjecture on my part. Keep your eye on her, civvies! Maybe with the inactives being replaced, we still have a chance!

Well not me. I'm dead soon :workit:
  • And then there's TH1.0's role reveal:
    Mongoose wrote:Day 6: Even Rocky Had a Montage

Turnip Head has died. He was John Waters.

You have 20 hours to send in your night actions.
What I gather from this is that TH1.0 did not think that the Waters role worked like Canuck said it did. Considering TH1.0 was John Waters, I am inclined to take his word for this. I don't think TH1.0 would have asked these questions unless he felt there was some misinterpretation going on. But as this is a lynchpin in my argument here, perhaps it's important to finally get clarification from the host. Mongoose: Is Waters' target blocked the night before they're muted, or the night after?

Now, if TH1.0 was right, and that the John Waters role didn't work like Canuck said it did, I see some problems here. First, there should not have been any ambiguity as far as Canuck is concerned. She should have had a pretty good idea of whether the block on her took effect during Night 2 like she "assumed", or if it happened on Night 1. If it took effect on Night 1, Canuck could be a suspect in the failed kill from Night 1. If it took effect on Night 2 like Canuck believed, then of course she could not be.

It seems TH1.0 believed that Canuck was deliberately feeding false information into the thread about what happened to her. If the question had ever been answered by the host, Canuck would still look innocent for simply misunderstanding. And I think TH1.0 was concerned that she was fully aware of her actions here.

In conclusion, I believe Canuck may have intentionally played dumb here to avoid suspicion, and if that's the case, then I believe she is on the baddie team that was blocked on Night 1.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

EBWOP: 4.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, thread, no death. I also thought it might be a non-participator trick, but there's not really a likely person to point to for that. :shrug:

Maybe there's a Civvie roleblocker out there who now knows a baddie?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

What do you think of my case on Canucklehead, LC?

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:Hey, thread, no death. I also thought it might be a non-participator trick, but there's not really a likely person to point to for that. :shrug:

Maybe there's a Civvie roleblocker out there who now knows a baddie?

That would be nice!!

TH-- I would be willing to re-visit my Canuck suspicion. I'll have to read that further.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

@ TurnipHead - Target the subsequent night.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:...

How does this count as on-topic?

Anyway, TH, would you, in my position, be suspicious of you/Roxy in the slightest?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was suspicious of Roxy until I became her, so I guess I'd have to say yes. I'm a civvie though. Trying and failing. :doh:

6 (again)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It looks like Logan will be beating me in a worst mustache competition. ;airguitar:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:I was suspicious of Roxy until I became her, so I guess I'd have to say yes. I'm a civvie though. Trying and failing. :doh:

6 (again)
Were you suspicious of her for the reasons I am?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No, I was suspicious of Roxy because I thought it was odd how little she reacted to the fact that she was should have been lynched on that day where she had more votes than ninju. I thought maybe she had expressed her reaction in BTSC, or else knew more than she was letting on. I was also suspicious of some of her early posts where she listed out her suspects with careful consideration. I feel like Roxy only makes those list-type posts as a baddie and plays more freeform as a civvie, which I guess isn't true.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

Turnip Head wrote:What do you think of my case on Canucklehead, LC?

I'll respond to this!
I think it's bunk :grin:

But seriously. It's bunk. I know it. :srsnod:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I know it is too. Mongoose just confirmed it. I feel like an idiot. Sorry Canuck :(

You could still be bad though :eek:

I just have no idea anymore.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:No, I was suspicious of Roxy because I thought it was odd how little she reacted to the fact that she was should have been lynched on that day where she had more votes than ninju. I thought maybe she had expressed her reaction in BTSC, or else knew more than she was letting on. I was also suspicious of some of her early posts where she listed out her suspects with careful consideration. I feel like Roxy only makes those list-type posts as a baddie and plays more freeform as a civvie, which I guess isn't true.

I didn't see these reasons in a quick scan of your posts nor do I recall it. Why didn't you say those reasons before you died-- if I am correct you were alive at the time, no? Please correct me if I'm wrong

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm almost positive I mentioned the BTSC reaction thing, but I may have kept the analysis of her list post to myself while I gathered more evidence on her. I'll go back and see if I can pull the quotes.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote:

I'll respond to this!
I think it's bunk :grin:

But seriously. It's bunk. I know it. :srsnod:

I'm sorry, but I'm confused-- did I miss something?

Both of you tbh.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Mongoose answered a question I had that related to my case, a question I was 99% positive I was going to get a different answer to, because I thought I knew something, and I was somehow wrong. It basically invalidated my entire case on her and also made me look like a big idiot in the process.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Honestly, this is so confusing to me. Both TH and Canuck are suspicious in my eyes. TH brought up some good points, but I'm more puzzled by the fact that he is saying it's bunk?

In addition, I don't know how TH's answers to my questions are sitting with me.

Nice job, TH.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom, here's where I mentioned my suspicions of Roxy, I'll also quote the relevant part below:
Turnip Head wrote:I have to admit I'm a little perturbed at how Roxy handled this past lynch. She should have been lynched and obviously wasn't, and I think a good chunk of us have an idea as to why, but I still find it odd that Roxy basically had no reaction to that lynch. It makes me think that her reaction played out behind the scenes rather than in the thread. I also don't agree with SVS's opinion that a baddie Roxy would have voted to lynch Vomps, because wasn't Roxy defending Vomp? So why would she vote for him, civ or scum?
And here's another one:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't suspect Roxy for defending Vomp, Rico. Hell I defended Vomps myself. SVS said that Roxy doesn't bother defending players when she's bad, and I disagree with that notion.

I remember Roxy's response to MM, but I still feel like we're missing a more complete reaction from her. Frankly I expected her to get on my case a bit for putting the final vote on her, or even ask me WHY I voted for her, but we didn't get much. Not even a "rip blooper but DAMN I'm lucky to be alive". It just made me think that her reaction was reserved for BTSC conversations.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

In my quick skim of your posts I missed those-- I'll have to digest this.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Turnip Head wrote:I know it is too. Mongoose just confirmed it. I feel like an idiot. Sorry Canuck :(

You could still be bad though :eek:

I just have no idea anymore.

This is a seriously odd/problematic situation. Are you suggesting that TH 1.0 didn't know how his own role worked? An never asked, even when the hubbub you quoted was going on?
I guess you can't really answer this, since you're not TH 1.0 anymore.....but you DO actually know the answer to this, which makes this a messy situation, and is one of the reasons that I'm not a fan of dead players subbing back into a game. [/otish] Even though you were killed as a civvie, you still have knowledge from your former role that others aren't privvy to, and that is affecting things right now. TH 1.0 could've been honestly confused, or TH 2.0 could be trying to be manipulative/sow confusion....and it's very thorny b/c you can't unknow what you knew as Waters, but you also can't publcly own that knowledge.
It's immaterial here, I suppose, since your suspicion didn't pan out....but it's something worth considering for future games, I think. Dead players replacing in just doesn't seem particularly kosher to me....

But I digress.

My question is: why didn't you bring this point about me up earlier?! Honestly, if you believed it to be true its kinda a big deal, and not something I would expect any civ to keep to themselves. Were you just waitin for a moment when the thread seemed more succeptible to ring lead into a lynch of me?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

EBWOP: 2
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I like it very much. I had forgotten about that early stuff happening. Very good digging, TH 2.0!

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote: My question is: why didn't you bring this point about me up earlier?! Honestly, if you believed it to be true its kinda a big deal, and not something I would expect any civ to keep to themselves. Were you just waitin for a moment when the thread seemed more succeptible to ring lead into a lynch of me?
This is kind of where I'm at with TH as well. I don't think this looks good for him, but nonetheless, I thought his points were good. I am confused about why you are saying it's wrong-- when did we get confirmation that this was bunk?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wow, my linkitis is just not working at all today.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Long Con wrote:

I like it very much. I had forgotten about that early stuff happening. Very good digging, TH 2.0!

:suspish:
Seriously?

Read the next page, LC.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote:This is a seriously odd/problematic situation. Are you suggesting that TH 1.0 didn't know how his own role worked? An never asked, even when the hubbub you quoted was going on?
I guess you can't really answer this, since you're not TH 1.0 anymore.....but you DO actually know the answer to this, which makes this a messy situation, and is one of the reasons that I'm not a fan of dead players subbing back into a game. [/otish] Even though you were killed as a civvie, you still have knowledge from your former role that others aren't privvy to, and that is affecting things right now. TH 1.0 could've been honestly confused, or TH 2.0 could be trying to be manipulative/sow confusion....and it's very thorny b/c you can't unknow what you knew as Waters, but you also can't publcly own that knowledge.
It's immaterial here, I suppose, since your suspicion didn't pan out....but it's something worth considering for future games, I think. Dead players replacing in just doesn't seem particularly kosher to me....

But I digress.

My question is: why didn't you bring this point about me up earlier?! Honestly, if you believed it to be true its kinda a big deal, and not something I would expect any civ to keep to themselves. Were you just waitin for a moment when the thread seemed more succeptible to ring lead into a lynch of me?
I didn't bring it up all game Canuck, even in my previous iteration, because I knew it was flimsy and circumstancial. I kept my eye on you, but I was hoping to gather further evidence against you by lynching baddies and making connections to you. But we haven't lynched any baddies from the team I thought you might be on, so no connections can be made.

I know it's problematic, and you're right that I can't talk about TH1.0's involvement much... but he simply must have made an assumption that was wrong. He asked a question in the thread about his own role and didn't receive an answer, and I was certain he must have also asked for clarification from the host behind the scenes regarding his own role... but after much searching, I don't think he ever got the clarification on his own role that he was seeking, and he must have been forced to make some assumptions that were wrong.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Mongoose wrote:@ TurnipHead - Target the subsequent night.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Canucklehead wrote:
oh :eek:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

^^That was for Dom....

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
oh :eek:
Hence why I felt my "..." post was on-topic. :P

Return to “Previous Jobs”