Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 8]

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm understanding your question correctly, DH, there was only a 12% chance it was an incorrect read AND a Mafia read.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Self-voting is a risky behavior and not recommended when playing mafia, because the goal is to lynch baddies. Since you have insight on your own role, you must know you are a baddie, so I will totes mcgoats go along with your vote bea.
This ridiculous justification for example. The mafia equivalent of doctor assisted suicide.
Looking back, it certainly was. You're right about that.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:If I'm understanding your question correctly, DH, there was only a 12% chance it was an incorrect read AND a Mafia read.
What I'm trying to articulate is what is your estimation of the likelyhood that Russ failed his rolecheck (producing an incorrect result) that lead him to think FZ. was bad? Versus the likelyhood that it was a successful check that produced the same result (FZ as a baddie role)?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If I'm understanding your question correctly, DH, there was only a 12% chance it was an incorrect read AND a Mafia read.
What I'm trying to articulate is what is your estimation of the likelyhood that Russ failed his rolecheck (producing an incorrect result) that lead him to think FZ. was bad? Versus the likelyhood that it was a successful check that produced the same result (FZ as a baddie role)?
12% vs. 50%

And I'm not a math guy, but Russ is.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
12% vs. 50%

And your calculations are factoring in all baddie roles or just the lynchable ones?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
12% vs. 50%

And your calculations are factoring in all baddie roles or just the lynchable ones?
All of them except Snowman's and Eloh's, as they were lynched.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've spotted something in my catch up that I think supports the idea of a civ FZ, but I have decided that given recent events it might be good for me to go back and re-read the points against her and some of her posts without being hung up on her emotional outburst.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Some cursory thoughts while I continue to read:

Boo Vs. ...Well, Kinda Everybody? - I've been reading boo as genuine thus far, even if he was wrong about Bea. Boo has always struck me as the sort of player to be very confident (to a fault perhaps) in his suspects. His tunnel vision is perhaps he most obvious flaw, and I'm interested to see how his suspicions develop.

MM vs. TH - They've both survived lynches, so that narrows down who they could be quite considerably. Of the two, I'm most confident in trusting TH for now, as I'm seeing a more involved play style from him rather than from MM, whose posts of late have rung pretty false to me. MM does not seem interested in defending himself or seeking out mafia, whereas at least TH has been making a show of looking for Kiras and helping detectives. A little voice in the back of my head is stuck wondering though if perhaps this back-and-forth love story they have going is designed to make us trust one or the other. Perhaps they are two unlynchables on the same team going after each other in an effort to help themselves get their win conditions accomplished.

Matahari - I'm getting odd vibes from her and might do a specific re-read of her. I'm wondering Mata, why is it you trust me?

Juliets - I'm noticing a lot of "can you please post the case on X again I seem to have forgotten it." In regards to my own experience, these posts from JC are often in regards to conversations we've already had, and cases that she has commented on. Pingy, but nothing I would stick a vote on just yet.

FZ. - I will be re-reading her shortly.

Black Rock - Not sold on her being bad as much as I was previously. Mostly due to the clusterfuck bringing more interesting suspects to light

Boomslang - That vote for bea was the absolute most noteworthy thing from him I can remember all game.

If my theory that TH And MM are Shinigami on the same team is true, Then the MM voters are worth a look.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:I've been thinking that maybe some of the baddies tactics is to push players really until they feel frustrated and they start outing themselves by hinting. It says Light has to know who some of the detectives are in order to kill them. I'm not sure exactly how baddies can do that without taking the eye deal, so maybe they are trying to get people to out themselves and then kill them during the night.
Who would fit that description? I can think of a few very obvious ones
Someone tell me if my interpretation of what I've read this morning is amiss:

The bad guys are using a tactic in which they frustrate the detectives so much that the detectives elect to out themselves. Knowing this, FZ. chooses to out herself as an unlynchable detective (on Day 8, not before), thus playing right in the Mafia's hands. Instead of absorbing the lynch and keeping a question mark still there, FZ. believed the smartest thing to do is role claim.

No...that doesn't ring true.
FZ. wrote:RIP Bea :(

Before I go into the number thing, Epi, I want to ask you a question. Do you think Russ would have voted for a player who couldn't be lynched? If not, if you lynch me and I don't die, would that convince you that if he did in fact role check me, he got a false role?
Would Russ vote for Misa if he thought she still had her death note? :nicenod:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I must agree Epi. Those two posts are causing me doubt the rest of my read of FZ. Russ would definitely vote for Misa and maybe even for Light, because those are roles we need to lynch even if doing so is a pain in the ass. And FZ saying baddies are trying to frustrate civs to out themselves does feel manipulative to me.

The rest of my read of FZ is so strongly civ, but those two posts taken together are making me wonder if I've been duped.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:I've been thinking that maybe some of the baddies tactics is to push players really until they feel frustrated and they start outing themselves by hinting. It says Light has to know who some of the detectives are in order to kill them. I'm not sure exactly how baddies can do that without taking the eye deal, so maybe they are trying to get people to out themselves and then kill them during the night.
Who would fit that description? I can think of a few very obvious ones
Someone tell me if my interpretation of what I've read this morning is amiss:

The bad guys are using a tactic in which they frustrate the detectives so much that the detectives elect to out themselves. Knowing this, FZ. chooses to out herself as an unlynchable detective (on Day 8, not before), thus playing right in the Mafia's hands. Instead of absorbing the lynch and keeping a question mark still there, FZ. believed the smartest thing to do is role claim.

No...that doesn't ring true.
FZ. wrote:RIP Bea :(

Before I go into the number thing, Epi, I want to ask you a question. Do you think Russ would have voted for a player who couldn't be lynched? If not, if you lynch me and I don't die, would that convince you that if he did in fact role check me, he got a false role?
Would Russ vote for Misa if he thought she still had her death note? :nicenod:
FWIW I don't at all agree with the idea that baddies are pushing detectives to the point of role hinting/outing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And don't lump me in the same category as MM y'all. That guy's not helping at all and isn't afraid to make it obvious. I've survived a lynch, but I'm playing a completely different game than he is.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

If you were unlynchable, why would you say "don't lynch me, I'm unlynchable" ? It doesn't make any sense. MM and TH just absorbed the lynch and have largely been left alone ever since. If FZ had such a role, why wouldn't she follow their lead? FZ has been very passionate and convincing in her defense, but I am just not buying it. The behavior doesn't add up with what would make sense.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:And don't lump me in the same category as MM y'all. That guy's not helping at all and isn't afraid to make it obvious. I've survived a lynch, but I'm playing a completely different game than he is.
Just 'cause I'm not trying to 'help' you doesn't mean I'm not helping. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

DharmaHelper wrote:Some cursory thoughts while I continue to read:

Boo Vs. ...Well, Kinda Everybody? - I've been reading boo as genuine thus far, even if he was wrong about Bea. Boo has always struck me as the sort of player to be very confident (to a fault perhaps) in his suspects. His tunnel vision is perhaps he most obvious flaw, and I'm interested to see how his suspicions develop.

MM vs. TH - They've both survived lynches, so that narrows down who they could be quite considerably. Of the two, I'm most confident in trusting TH for now, as I'm seeing a more involved play style from him rather than from MM, whose posts of late have rung pretty false to me. MM does not seem interested in defending himself or seeking out mafia, whereas at least TH has been making a show of looking for Kiras and helping detectives. A little voice in the back of my head is stuck wondering though if perhaps this back-and-forth love story they have going is designed to make us trust one or the other. Perhaps they are two unlynchables on the same team going after each other in an effort to help themselves get their win conditions accomplished.

Matahari - I'm getting odd vibes from her and might do a specific re-read of her. I'm wondering Mata, why is it you trust me?

Juliets - I'm noticing a lot of "can you please post the case on X again I seem to have forgotten it." In regards to my own experience, these posts from JC are often in regards to conversations we've already had, and cases that she has commented on. Pingy, but nothing I would stick a vote on just yet.

Black Rock - Not sold on her being bad as much as I was previously. Mostly due to the clusterfuck bringing more interesting suspects to light

Boomslang - That vote for bea was the absolute most noteworthy thing from him I can remember all game.

If my theory that TH And MM are Shinigami on the same team is true, Then the MM voters are worth a look.
Two reasons, although I'm aware that you could fool me. First is the gut thing, I've looked for certain tells that I associate with your baddie game. I've seen none, if I do, I would put you back in the gray or baddie section. As I've explained earlier, I am not putting total faith in the gut stuff yet, because ppl change up their game over time. But the second thing was something you posted earlier in the game, that I don't think you would have posted if you were bad.

If you say or do anything that sounds false to me, I would question it. It just hasn't happened yet.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matahari wrote:

Two reasons, although I'm aware that you could fool me. First is the gut thing, I've looked for certain tells that I associate with your baddie game. I've seen none, if I do, I would put you back in the gray or baddie section. As I've explained earlier, I am not putting total faith in the gut stuff yet, because ppl change up their game over time. But the second thing was something you posted earlier in the game, that I don't think you would have posted if you were bad.

If you say or do anything that sounds false to me, I would question it. It just hasn't happened yet.
OK.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And don't lump me in the same category as MM y'all. That guy's not helping at all and isn't afraid to make it obvious. I've survived a lynch, but I'm playing a completely different game than he is.
In fact. Give me one good reason why I should help you Mr. Death God. You are the cause of all of my struggles.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

DH, I've been trying to suck it up and all that even if I'm not having fun since I've been excused from the start of the game, but I'm only human. When you feel like you're doing this :wall: , at some point, you're allowed to snap. I've apologized for it and there's not much more I can do.

As for the hinting I've done just now. I was really trying to play this game by being subtle. I didn't think wasting another vote and letting those unlynchable baddies narrow down the others that have the same mechanism, was a good idea that would help civvies in the long run. Hence, I never gave up and let you lynch me, and I thought it. But A. I'm tired of fighting this (I honest to goodness and tired) and B. We failed a lynch last round, and I didn't want to waste another one, especially since the Russ case is the most compelling of it, and Epi was bringing up a good point. Wrong, but sensible, non the less.

I was referring to llama mostly, when I talked about the going after civvies strongly, not Epi, because his reasoning has been much better than llama's in my opinion. I also feel a little like Boo is doing that, with the Bea thing, but maybe I just don't know how to read Boo. I keep going back and forth with him.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:If you were unlynchable, why would you say "don't lynch me, I'm unlynchable" ? It doesn't make any sense. MM and TH just absorbed the lynch and have largely been left alone ever since. If FZ had such a role, why wouldn't she follow their lead? FZ has been very passionate and convincing in her defense, but I am just not buying it. The behavior doesn't add up with what would make sense.
I'm not surprised you're not buying it. I just explained why. TH was lynched at a time a lot of the roles were still secrets. And I thought I could prevent a wasted lynch. Obviously not
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 7]

Post by Epignosis »

Read this. I added the pink.
FZ. wrote:First of all, why isn't anyone concerned that Epi said he thinks MM is a shinigami after the vote was closed? If he thought it was a waste of vote, shouldn't he have tried to tell us not to vote there? Yeah, he said vote me, but he didn't say he thought MM was a waste of time. It seems very reasonable to conclude that he doesn't care if we waste lynches. In his eyes, either we waste a lynch, or lynch a detective (me). :eye: :eye: :eye:
Either we waste a lynch OR we lynch a detective (specifically FZ.). That was Night 7 after MM didn't flip.

Now, from where I sit, lynching a detective is worse than wasting a lynch, but it is still wasting a lynch. However, in the above post, FZ. differentiated between the two, implying that lynching a detective isn't wasting a lynch. Now she would have us believe that lynching her is wasting a lynch.

I love me some conjunctions.

:dance:
FZ.
Racketeer

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 7]

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:Read this. I added the pink.
FZ. wrote:First of all, why isn't anyone concerned that Epi said he thinks MM is a shinigami after the vote was closed? If he thought it was a waste of vote, shouldn't he have tried to tell us not to vote there? Yeah, he said vote me, but he didn't say he thought MM was a waste of time. It seems very reasonable to conclude that he doesn't care if we waste lynches. In his eyes, either we waste a lynch, or lynch a detective (me). :eye: :eye: :eye:
Either we waste a lynch OR we lynch a detective (specifically FZ.). That was Night 7 after MM didn't flip.

Now, from where I sit, lynching a detective is worse than wasting a lynch, but it is still wasting a lynch. However, in the above post, FZ. differentiated between the two, implying that lynching a detective isn't wasting a lynch. Now she would have us believe that lynching her is wasting a lynch.

I love me some conjunctions.

:dance:
Wow, that is so clever :rolleyes:
When I say waste a lynch, I mean a lynch that will not go through. And at the time, you didn't know that I wouldn't be lynched and I didn't want to say it, hence I said either waste a lynch or go after a detective. Jeez, you see why I give up? Just vote for me and get it over with. What will you think after the lynch fails, that is what I want to know?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That you are Misa Amane and that you have given up your death note to preserve a 4-person voting bloc.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:That you are Misa Amane and that you have given up your death note to preserve a 4-person voting bloc.
Great, so do you want to vote for me or not?
And no offence, but I hope the baddies will be as clueless as you
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That you are Misa Amane and that you have given up your death note to preserve a 4-person voting bloc.
None taken. How clueless are you?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I think I'm very clueless, because spending so much time defending myself (8 freagin' days), has left me with very little motivation left to actually understand what's going on here
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I think I'm very clueless, because spending so much time defending myself (8 freagin' days), has left me with very little motivation left to actually understand what's going on here
Well, lucky for you, you'll have three Days in which you won't have to defend yourself. :)

By the way, there was a second part to that last post I quoted and colored, but I left it off just to see what you would say:
FZ. wrote:Second, am I wrong, or is Near the only detective who can't be lynched (other than L, but then someone dies instead of him)? Doesn't this makes the likelihood of MM being bad pretty high?
I'm not sure I get how the mechanics work here, but how are we supposed to get unlynchable people to die?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Well, lucky for you, you'll have three Days in which you won't have to defend yourself. :)

By the way, there was a second part to that last post I quoted and colored, but I left it off just to see what you would say:
FZ. wrote:Second, am I wrong, or is Near the only detective who can't be lynched (other than L, but then someone dies instead of him)? Doesn't this makes the likelihood of MM being bad pretty high?
I'm not sure I get how the mechanics work here, but how are we supposed to get unlynchable people to die?
Why? And are you really playing dumb? Suit yourself
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am convinced by the statistical work that was done that I should vote for FZ. unless there was a flaw that I skipped over when reading. I read all of Mata and didn't see what I was expecting to see so I can't vote there today. We only have 20 minutes left to vote - is everyone aware of that?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:I am convinced by the statistical work that was done that I should vote for FZ. unless there was a flaw that I skipped over when reading. I read all of Mata and didn't see what I was expecting to see so I can't vote there today. We only have 20 minutes left to vote - is everyone aware of that?
Today's Tuesday.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:I am convinced by the statistical work that was done that I should vote for FZ. unless there was a flaw that I skipped over when reading. I read all of Mata and didn't see what I was expecting to see so I can't vote there today. We only have 20 minutes left to vote - is everyone aware of that?
We have another day. I'm starting to wish we had 20 more minutes...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm off to bed. This is the most frustrating experience I've ever had in a mafia game, other than the last time I got lynched as a civvie, and I give credit to MP for that one :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So sorry. Maybe I will see something that makes me come off of a FZ. vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:I am convinced by the statistical work that was done that I should vote for FZ.
Juliets, I've never seen you make decisions like this. Are Epi's numbers the only reason you're considering an FZ vote? What's your read of her?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
In fact. Give me one good reason why I should help you Mr. Death God. You are the cause of all of my struggles.
I think you've already helped me as much as you possibly can ;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:I am convinced by the statistical work that was done that I should vote for FZ.
Juliets, I've never seen you make decisions like this. Are Epi's numbers the only reason you're considering an FZ vote? What's your read of her?
What do you mean by the decisions part? And I am attracted to factual data. I understand the facts also say there is a slim chance that FZ. is an unlynchable civ which is what she claims to be. On the other side of the coin there is her getting mad with the fu but as been pointed out she was getting mad for no reason if she is unlynchable. I can be talked out of voting for her, she was just the best I had at this moment in time. By tomorrow things could be different but not if we spend the whole day on FZ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Ricochet wrote:I'll have to chime in bit by bit, to every topic, because this afternoon I have to do test preparations and I'll be home late this evening and won't be spending as much time online as usual afterwards either.

Not sure I like Bass's response to boo.
Bass stated his top two suspects and players he'd vote for today are TH and MM.
He says he knows (?) their roles are "non-Kiras that can survive", but still doesn't see why they shouldn't be voted again.

If he claims TH and MM are unlynchable non-Kiras, then we have the following options:
- TH and/or MM are Shinigami. They cannot be lynched at all, only outed upon a second vote.
- TH and/or MM are Near/Mello. They cannot be lynched until L dies.

Judging by this, any result from lynching TH and MM again will result in another no lynch (with or without an outing) aka the least effective lynch result possible for the detectives.

So my questions are:
Why did Bass exclude the variants that TH and MM might be unlynchable Kiras (Light or Misa if they give up DN ownership under lynch pressure, or Higuchi), and
If Bass thinks TH and MM are unlynchable non-Kiras, why does he think a non-lynch result is the best option to go with

Bass also stated Llama as his third suspect and player to vote for (not more important than TH/MM, though), but I think his reasoning is too meta. "Llama pose a question I myself pose in a previous game where the answer was Llama, so what if / maybe / perhaps / etc. Llama pose himself a smokescreen question with the answer being again himself".

---

Boo, what do you make of bea getting killed? Don't think I've seen a reaction to it from you. You were pretty adamant in your belief that she is Light. I know you are currently searching for a potential Mikami / Symphatizer, but how does this kill change your beliefs in who Light might be.

---

I really have to ponder the most on Epig's numbers and FZ's rebuttal, but picking up some of her ideas from the latter:
"So, if we agree that if Russ got me role checked and got a baddie role, his vote would depend on whether that role could be lynched or not." I suppose this could be true.
"If he got an unlynchable role, he'd say he thinks I'm bad, but he doesn't think I should be voted." I suppose this could be true.
"The only way he'd vote me is if actually got Mikami or whatever baddie role that can be lynched." Here's where I'm not so sure. If we agree Light/Misa would relinquish their DN under lynch pressure and become temporarily unlynchable, are you suggesting we shouldn't even attempt to lynch them because it would be pointless? Why? And what other "baddie role that can be lynched" is there, besides Mikami?

My ideas are the following:
- If Russ was Mogi and checked you and got a bad role that can't be lynched at all right now (Higuchi, Ryuk, Rem) or Sidoh, he may have indeed tried to suggest we pursue another lynch.
- If Russ was Mogi and checked you and got a bad role that can be lynched (Mikami), he would have 100% suggested we pursue lynching you.
- If Russ was Mogi and checked you and got a bad role that might fail to be lynched right now (Light, Misa), he might have still suggested we pursue lynching you.

Unfortunately there are secrets to Mogi's role that have yet not been deciphered, as to make perhaps more sense of his tactics.

---

linki: Llama, if you think there's no way she's an unlynchable player, do you think she's Mikami? If not, would you still vote to lynch her?

linki: FZ, you've outed yourself as an unlynchable or as a certain role? :confused:

Each topic free to snip.
I had a bea post started, but it wasn't actually anything useful, to much WIFOM for trying to figure out who would have done it, because the kill was basically a giant fuck you, unless I'm even more wrong about bea than I thought. One thing I really still think about her is that she had BTSC, and given she was NKed, there's still a bunch of possibilites, to varying degrees of the baddies wanting that role dead ASAP (beyond just the reason of shutting down civ BTSC).

I had been leaning Mikami on FZ, but given her unlynchable claim, she could fit Light, Ryuk, Misa, or Rem. I don't think she's any of those 4, because I do not believe she has BTSC. That means a few civ possibilites, Higuchi, or (possibly, but I doubt it) Sidoh. But, I was wrong on bea's alignment, so I don't know if I was right she had BTSC, so maybe I'm wrong that FZ doesn't. And FZ could also just be lying about being unlynchable. But the only way to know that is to test it, and since she could be Light or Misa, forcing her to become unlynchable (done by giving up her DN) seems like a really good play, because it means L should know the note changes hands, and can use the gossip portion of his role to let us know that.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

If you aren't playing versus everyone, you're playing wrong. It's the only reason I can ever shake off (some) tunnel vision.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What does everyone think about the possibility that TH and MM have staged themselves as opposing forces?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I didn't interpret FZs post the same way you did Boom but I can see how you arrived at that conclusion. That's the one post from FZ that's a little questionable IMO. However, if she has a role such as one she's hinting at, her concerns in that post could be warranted. What I can't figure out is if she actually accusing Epi and Llama of something or if she's just throwing it out there for us to ponder ourselves, because she named no names... If her intention was the latter, it doesn't feel genuine. But I haven't made my mind up there yet. Further clarification from FZ might be needed on that specific point.

But BR and juliets... what exactly do you guys not get? I'm confused by your confusion... What FZ said seemed very clear to me.
If she outed herself I didn't get it.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:What does everyone think about the possibility that TH and MM have staged themselves as opposing forces?

With those two, nothing is impossible.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
What do you mean by the decisions part? And I am attracted to factual data. I understand the facts also say there is a slim chance that FZ. is an unlynchable civ which is what she claims to be. On the other side of the coin there is her getting mad with the fu but as been pointed out she was getting mad for no reason if she is unlynchable. I can be talked out of voting for her, she was just the best I had at this moment in time. By tomorrow things could be different but not if we spend the whole day on FZ.
I don't consider Epi's analysis to be "factual data". It certainly provides strong support toward suspecting FZ, but I didn't feel it would be something you would solely base a vote on. I don't think such a thing as factual data exists in mafia anyway outside of blatant role outing/info dumping and I don't think you do either. I consider you to be a player that would consider such evidence as Epi's numbers, sure, but that you would put it in context of your own read of the player. It surprised me that you seem willing to follow Epi's logic, which still leaves holes for being wrong, without considering your individual read of the player. Especially when the player in question has been as talkative as FZ has been. I feel like you would want to support Epi's numbers with how you've felt about things FZ has said herself, and how those things make you feel. I'm not talking just about the "FU" post here, but rather the sum of your read of her. She's left plenty of material to be dissected.

But while we're talking about it, the "FU" still makes sense to me if she's got a civvie role that can't be lynched. She would still feel frustrated that she was being wrongly accused, even if she would ultimately survive. I don't think a civ-FZ likes wasting lynches on civs, especially if the civ in question is herself.
Black Rock wrote:If she outed herself I didn't get it.
It's not the she outed herself, she just made it somewhat clear what would happen if we lynch her. There are baddie and civvie roles that fit what she said. It's up to us whether we believe her or not of course.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:What does everyone think about the possibility that TH and MM have staged themselves as opposing forces?
It is certainly a theory.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Holy shit I almost voted the non-player option even though my game doesn't even have a poll right now. :faint:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I don't consider Epi's analysis to be "factual data". It certainly provides strong support toward suspecting FZ, but I didn't feel it would be something you would solely base a vote on. I don't think such a thing as factual data exists in mafia anyway outside of blatant role outing/info dumping and I don't think you do either. I consider you to be a player that would consider such evidence as Epi's numbers, sure, but that you would put it in context of your own read of the player. It surprised me that you seem willing to follow Epi's logic, which still leaves holes for being wrong, without considering your individual read of the player. Especially when the player in question has been as talkative as FZ has been. I feel like you would want to support Epi's numbers with how you've felt about things FZ has said herself, and how those things make you feel. I'm not talking just about the "FU" post here, but rather the sum of your read of her. She's left plenty of material to be dissected.

But while we're talking about it, the "FU" still makes sense to me if she's got a civvie role that can't be lynched. She would still feel frustrated that she was being wrongly accused, even if she would ultimately survive. I don't think a civ-FZ likes wasting lynches on civs, especially if the civ in question is herself.
Black Rock wrote:If she outed herself I didn't get it.
It's not the she outed herself, she just made it somewhat clear what would happen if we lynch her. There are baddie and civvie roles that fit what she said. It's up to us whether we believe her or not of course.
Ok I did understand that but she used the word outed at one point and I did not see where she outed herself. She more or less said some vague things, claimed civvieness, but outed to me means something entirely different.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't consider it outing either, though it's certainly somewhere on that spectrum of hinting at what her role could be.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My Russ data is factual iff

1. Russ is Mogi.
2. Russ checked FZ.
3. An incorrect check was from the pool of all non-Mogi roles.
4. Mogi's secrets aren't contradictory of what we know of Mogi.

The 48 hours of silence points to #1 being true.
The evidence points to #2 being true: Russ did a 180 on FZ. in the thread and voted first for her, even agreeing with someone who had considered him evil for so long.
Number 3 is speculation, but I think makes sense.
Number 4 is a distinct possibility.

Frame it how you want, Russ DID vote for FZ. out of the blue, and did so right early. Why did he do that?
Turnip Head wrote:But while we're talking about it, the "FU" still makes sense to me if she's got a civvie role that can't be lynched. She would still feel frustrated that she was being wrongly accused, even if she would ultimately survive. I don't think a civ-FZ likes wasting lynches on civs, especially if the civ in question is herself.
She's been okay with two of them. :shrug:

Imagine if she knew MM won't be lynched. Read her that way. Tell me what you think.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH, where I was coming from is FZ. can say whatever she wants to try and have us read her as civ, including the FU. Russ voting for her first and early makes a statement that we can't ignore: he thought she was bad and he was confident of it. If he was who we think he was, (and I think there were a few more ifs in Epi's analysis) then there is an overwhelming chance that he is right. FZ. is not easy for me to read which is why I rely more on the evidence Epi is presenting. BUT, I was ready to vote her at that time when I thought this was Day 2 last 30 minutes because I don't have anything else that is as compelling on anyone else. By tomorrow same time I might have something more compelling so don't assume I will vote her tomorrow.

Who are you going to vote and why?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:Imagine if she knew MM won't be lynched. Read her that way. Tell me what you think.
I just did this, and there could definitely be something there. She was trying to rally votes for Llama at that time, but ultimately joined the MM voters, without committing to suspecting MM herself... she voted for him because "people [she] trusted" were voting for him. She considered that Bea could be unlynchable that Day, but never stated similar concerns toward the more obvious troll attempts of MM.

I'd also like to know what FZ thinks of Mata, and vice versa. I feel they haven't interacted as much as they should have by this point. Mata's votes have swerved around FZ without really weighing in with her own opinion of her. If I remember correctly, Mata attacked your case on FZ for being malicious, without actually giving her own opinion of FZ... which is a bit disconcerting from my point of view...
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

FZ's words sound genuine to me, but her actions make no sense as a civvie, and as Anthony Burgess wrote "Enough of words. Actions speak louder than. Action now!" If in fact she is bad, though, she's turning in one hell of a performance.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:Who are you going to vote and why?
If I had to vote right now, it would be for Matahari. I just discussed FZ's actions during the MM lynch, and Mata did basically the same thing as FZ, yet even more suspiciously in my opinion. I felt she was trying too hard to justify her vote for him. Boomslang brought some of these points up; Mata called it cherry picking and dismissed it outright. I've got my eye on her big time.

Return to “Previous Jobs”