Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 10]

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:boo was bad in Shawshank:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 7&sr=posts

That's the only time he's been bad in one of my games. If you want to read, go for it.
I'm pleased you posted this. I just read through it, and to me it doesn't seem like the same boo from this game. In five days, he only had 2 pages of posts. In the first five days of this game, he had more than five pages. I think he seems vastly more involved here.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:

That's the only time he's been bad in one of my games. If you want to read, go for it.
I'm pleased you posted this. I just read through it, and to me it doesn't seem like the same boo from this game. In five days, he only had 2 pages of posts. In the first five days of this game, he had more than five pages. I think he seems vastly more involved here.
So...number of pages of posts is indicative of alignment?

You aren't looking at the content of the posts.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

C'mon mang gives us the goods
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:C'mon mang gives us the goods
I said I was going to read the game. Did you think I could whip out my conclusions in an hour or two?

Human time doesn't work like Shinigami time.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You said "Bingo" in big capital letters so I thought you had something.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:You said "Bingo" in big capital letters so I thought you had something.
Oh I do. But writing takes time.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

So...number of pages of posts is indicative of alignment?

You aren't looking at the content of the posts.
I did look at the content of the posts. It doesn't read the same to me. I think he is more aggressive and more involved in this game.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:I did look at the content of the posts. It doesn't read the same to me. I think he is more aggressive and more involved in this game.
I read boo's post in that game as well and I came to the same conclusion.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Since people are inpatient, here is what I have so far:

Russ posted this on Night 4:
Russtifinko wrote:
FZ. wrote:Russ, while you're here, can you actually talk about the players and what you think about them?
Yes indeed!

As I said before, I think TH has made it clear through his behavior that lynching him is a waste of time. Llama has seemed to be his normal, slightly wacky, gun-ho baddie-hunting self. I started out thinking Epi seemed really bad, but have flipped my stance since he thought he would potentially be lynched and came off as very genuine. Hopefully most of that could be gleaned from my previous posts and votes. I have agreed with most everything Rico has said. He was one of the ones not sad about Yotsuba dying (although clearly lynching them shouldn't be a priority). He's also posted helpful analysis, so even though he suspects me I'm doubtful that he's bad.

boo I started off being absolutely convinced was detective. Then he had a spat with...Epi, I think? Since then I've read him as somewhat grumpy and with a MAJOR dose of tunnel-vision. I'm worried that shut down his interest in the game, and I'm trying to decide whether I think it's permanent. If he could go back to posting more analytically then I would feel a lot better about him. For example, his bea case was kind of a "believe, I promise I'm right" deal in the vein of Zomba's on Snowman, but that's not really boo's (best) play style like it is Zomba's. So I'm kinda waiting on the return of Detailed Analysis boo, but he has my eye for now.
Russtifinko wrote:I think that the content and quality of llama's posts strongly indicate he's a civ, and yes, as a civ he is without fail very opinionated and talkative. So I think people should lay off and let him play his game.

Llama, as I said, I think we're both civ, but I think one of us is being flummoxed, because we're trusting pretty much exactly the opposite people.
According to Russ:
Llama = good
boo = Russ started out thinking boo was good, but boo had Russ' "eye for now." No case, but got downgraded from "Detective." Look at Russ' wording: "I'm worried that shut down his interest in the game, and I'm trying to decide whether I think it's permanent." That's an odd thing to utter.
Epi- Russ started out thinkg I was bad, but flipped his stance (and later would agree with me on FZ.)

I wonder what Russ would have to say about boo now.

Given boo's sudden go against me as Higuchi, I think boo is Higuchi.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:boo I started off being absolutely convinced was detective. Then he had a spat with...Epi, I think? Since then I've read him as somewhat grumpy and with a MAJOR dose of tunnel-vision. I'm worried that shut down his interest in the game, and I'm trying to decide whether I think it's permanent. If he could go back to posting more analytically then I would feel a lot better about him. For example, his bea case was kind of a "believe, I promise I'm right" deal in the vein of Zomba's on Snowman, but that's not really boo's (best) play style like it is Zomba's. So I'm kinda waiting on the return of Detailed Analysis boo, but he has my eye for now.
Okay Epi so then what do you make of the underlined part of Russ' post in that case?

Looking forward to the rest of your thoughts. Hopefully it's not all Russ-centric...
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

epi you may not know this yet but is that the last thing Russ said about boo?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:boo I started off being absolutely convinced was detective. Then he had a spat with...Epi, I think? Since then I've read him as somewhat grumpy and with a MAJOR dose of tunnel-vision. I'm worried that shut down his interest in the game, and I'm trying to decide whether I think it's permanent. If he could go back to posting more analytically then I would feel a lot better about him. For example, his bea case was kind of a "believe, I promise I'm right" deal in the vein of Zomba's on Snowman, but that's not really boo's (best) play style like it is Zomba's. So I'm kinda waiting on the return of Detailed Analysis boo, but he has my eye for now.
Okay Epi so then what do you make of the underlined part of Russ' post in that case?

Looking forward to the rest of your thoughts. Hopefully it's not all Russ-centric...
No, what do YOU make of the underlined part?

Don't put it all on me if you're going to be detective-friendly.

It's 10PM, so I am moving onto other things for now.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It makes me think Russ was still unsure about Boo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:epi you may not know this yet but is that the last thing Russ said about boo?
Yes- from what I can tell.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:It makes me think Russ was still unsure about Boo.
I think Russ is good with words and smarter than that.

Could be just me. Don't think it is.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Russ is good with words too. His words make it clear to me that he hadn't made up his mind about Boo. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I think Russ is good with words too. His words make it clear to me that he hadn't made up his mind about Boo. :shrug:
OK. I reread it. I can see that.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mikami should have killed him/herself.

In fact, Mikami should do that today as well.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:Mikami should have killed him/herself.

Nah he won't. Too scared. No balls.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, caught up and yeah I didn't get past the first part of the post by llama, I misunderstood the second. I am not sure I believe FZ is bad even still. What I was in agreement with is the belief that Epi is Higuchi. There are some people I would consider yotsuba, but of all of them, he is the one I least trust.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

I'm not sold on Russ thinking Boo wasn't good. I think that if he wasn't sure about him but he started gaining his suspicion, he would have checked him. The fact that he said what he did probably means that he either got a good result but wasn't sure it was a valid result, or he didn't check him.
Since it seems he investigated me and I know he was wrong, he definitely could be wrong about others, but I don't want to rely on it, because it didn't get us far last time.

Here is the list of players. We're supposed to have 8 baddie roles. So far, we have 2 dead Kira supporters and 2 players who are probably bad. We still need to find 4 more baddies (assuming they didn't take any of their own down)

Bass_the_Clever- the only thing making me think he's not a baddie is his RL situation

Black Rock- Hmm, might have changed my opinion on her due to recent events

boo- Really not sure about him. He's like the 2 old guys from the Muppets. He's viewing things from the outside, throwing peanuts and comments every once in a while to stir things up. I'm still not sure if he's doing it in an attempt to harm or because that's how he plays. Some of his posts seem very logical and helpful, so he's a tough one for me.

DharmaHelper- I have no reason to suspect him. He felt genuine to me throughout the game.

DisgruntledPorcupine -Not much to go on, but his latest posts feel genuine.

Epignosis- I really go back and forth with him. One minute I think he's really doing his best to find baddies, building cases and doing a lot of ground work. The next, I think maybe Boo is right and like I initially thought, he wanted me out not because he wanted to help the civvies, but to help himself.

FZ.- That's me. True and blue good.

juliets- Julliets has been doing all the "right" things. She's considering all angles, listened to what everyone says and asked questions. Mostly, it feels like she's like her usual self. That said, I haven't seen her as a baddie, and also, unlike previous games I've played with her, every once in a while, I get this feeling like all her considerations are not really genuine. To those who only go with pure evidence, there's nothing there, but I feel there's something I can't shake off. I can't do anything about it either, so it means nothing. If someone wants to check her out, that would be nice.

Matahari-bad

Metalmarsh89-bad

Ricochet-seems very logical and I find myself agreeing with him on many things, but unlike others I've come to trust, it ends with the logic. He seems very helpful, but he isn't relying on the "extra" stuff at all. It could be just a personality thing, or it could be because TH is right about him and he's bad. I'm keeping an eye on him more out of process of elimination than other things.

Spacedaisy-Comes off genuine to me, though I would like to know what about Epi makes her so suspicious of him.

thellama73- If he's a civvie, he needs to step up his involvement and stop with the tunnel vision.

Turnip Head-Sidoh I think he's Sidoh, and I think he's trying to help the detectives. I think we should listen to him more, not less

zeek- He comes off like having nothing to hide, but I don't feel he's contributing enough, so it's hard to say for sure
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:People lie about real life stuff too. For that reason I do not let it factor into whether or not I vote for the person. I've witnessed too many people taken in by it.

What role you got in this game has nothing to do with what is happening to you in real life.
I disagree. I would never use something like that as an excuse, but I'm pretty sure it would affect my game (hence why I dropped out in that game). I don't know why he didn't drop out, but I can totally see it affecting him as well.

linki: It's okay Julliets
You disagree because you would never do it? Then you haven't hosted enough. Good Lord, I've seen some whoppers and people bragging about it in BTSC.

I'm NOT saying that's Bass' thing. I'm just saying it happens more often than you think. I've seen people lie about having friends over. I've seen people lie about the power being out. I've seen people lie about having schoolwork. I've seen people lie about bad weather.

It happens. Often.

I myself never lie about real life stuff either in a game- that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I've made excuses based on RL situations while being a baddie, and been called out for it. It goes both ways, though my situations have not been sympathetic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I want to bring this to everyone's attention:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Speculation requires a statement. I just asked a question. However, there is exactly one person in this game who knew at what time Boomslang would be killed.
Uh... there could be up to 4 people who knew exactly when Boomslang would be killed. :ponder: Are you saying you know that the current Kira is working alone? Why did you not share this information sooner? Is this a slip-up?

I don't understand what you think FZ would have to gain by saying anything about it if she knew it would happen.
Llama only responded to the second half of my post, bypassing completely my insinuation that he slipped up:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: I don't understand what you think FZ would have to gain by saying anything about it if she knew it would happen.
I don't know. I just think it's weird.
I agree with you here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:Can I just say that I love you TH (but if you turn out bad, I'm never trusting you again). :D
May I ask you abput your feeigs on me FZ? :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Did Mikami not comitting suicide foiled your team's plans yesterday?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Did Mikami not comitting suicide foiled your team's plans yesterday?
That's for me to know and everyone else to ponder. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And also.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well I just had to give my Speaking proficiency test on topics with 0% accuracy of fucks given such as helping strangers, unpaid community work and trees. Yes, TREES. I was so close to answer that I don't care and I'd rather be at home playing Mafia right now.

RIP Watari old man. :puppy: Not a good situation right now.

FZ., I am constantly trying to rely on the "extra" stuff, but I'll admit I may not be doing a very good job at it. I usually get deterred by the various levels of uncertainty in what I can deduce rather than going with it no matter how uncertain it can be. If TH, for instance, will prove to have been genuine in his help and level of deductions, that he's been kicking ass in this game - but if the contrary, he's just been very "informed".
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Today, I ran around on a cold, rainy beach barefoot. It was grand.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm conflicted about FZ. post-lynch, because I said L's report afterwards would be most relevant and now he'll either be killed before submitting one or will have to be really insinuative about a DN transfer (he didn't exactly put the information out there, in case Matahari is Misa, which makes me believe he can only hint at it) if he can still get a message through in time. Of course there's still the survey on Higuchi we might get (for Namikawa's phone call) to point out if Light let go of his DN and Higuchi has it now. If none of this happens or is clear, I think it's possible FZ. is actually what she claims to be. (Unlike Epig, FZ., I will probably offer some post-game apologies if you prove to be a detective, because the whole thing will prove once and for all how much I suck at trusting player's genuine civ claims, judging by this game and Film :blush:).

I'm not sure about her connection with Boomslang's kill either, wasn't our understanding of Kira's kills that he still has to schedule them during the Night, even if he delays them until later during the next Day? I get that she could still have been aware of this kill, if she's part of Team Light, but in that case, like TH said, I see no reason or positive outcome for her to comment openly about this right before it happened.

FZ., why do you find DP genuine? His D7 vote was "I'm going where all the most votes are going". His D8 was "I'm voting with Mata because I agree with her voters". His D9 vote was "I'm going with Bass even if it's currently pointless".

Also, I forgot to post earlier, but: you said you don't give a shit about the theme and it's too complicated to follow and that doesn't make you a baddie (when Epig criticized you), but are critical of me apparently not relying enoough on the "extra" stuff?

Not sure about Llama, even though he said he could come with many good options, then just circled back to FZ. and TH (+ Epig). I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a detective with a vision the length of Laerdal Tunnel.

Also, even though I get how Epig would be most suspicious for his gameplay, I don't know how I feel about throwing in so many new and unverified names for Higuchi, when context points at Mata being either him or Misa. I find that a better statistical likelihood compared to normal gameplay interpretations. Then again, I seem to be the only one so far believing that, so give me more insight on why Epig would really stick out as an obvious Higuchi, because when the time comes for the detectives to answer the survey for Namikawa's call, it'd be definitely a good idea not to spread our votes much.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote: Not sure about Llama, even though he said he could come with many good options, then just circled back to FZ. and TH (+ Epig). I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a detective with a vision the length of Laerdal Tunnel.
That's sort of a misrepresentation. I never said FZ and TH are my top suspects anymore. I think TH is more unhelpful than bad. I think there is a good chance FZ has a (currently) unlynchable baddie role, but it is also possible she's telling the truth and there is no point in pursuing her lynch againt today.

Epignosis is my top suspect today, which I don't think is tunnel vision-y at all, since we've been working together almost all game.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama, why do you think TH has been unhelpful? Are you thinking of something specific or just overall? It seems to me he's been very helpful.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

FZ. wrote:
juliets- Julliets has been doing all the "right" things. She's considering all angles, listened to what everyone says and asked questions. Mostly, it feels like she's like her usual self. That said, I haven't seen her as a baddie, and also, unlike previous games I've played with her, every once in a while, I get this feeling like all her considerations are not really genuine. To those who only go with pure evidence, there's nothing there, but I feel there's something I can't shake off. I can't do anything about it either, so it means nothing. If someone wants to check her out, that would be nice.
FZ. I assure you my considerations are genuine. Sometimes I ask questions to get information and sometimes I'm asking for the other side of the story. Votes are hard for me because I can always see both sides of the coin if I've asked enough questions. If you can think of something in particular that didn't feel genuine please let me know so I can respond. And I welcome somebody checking me out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:If TH, for instance, will prove to have been genuine in his help and level of deductions, that he's been kicking ass in this game - but if the contrary, he's just been very "informed".
Can you explain what you mean by this, Rico? What do you mean I've been very "informed"?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I do think looking at Epignosis is a great place to start for finding Higuchi, but personally I'm not convinced yet that Higuchi has even got his Death Note. If Mata or FZ passed a Death Note to Higuchi, we will become aware of it very soon through the phone call, but it hasn't happened yet, so Higuchi hunting might still be a bit premature. That said, I'm not sure which Kira would be the best to specifically look for today, other than Mikami, who's always a good bet to die.

I think it's time to start talking about Black Rock. In my opinion she's been neglecting this game to the point where I'm officially uncomfortable about her allegiance. I think she would be much more involved if she's a detective, but even if she's a Sympathizer I think she would be posting more because she would have more of a handle on the game, so this makes me think she is Yotsuba. It seems to me that BR doesn't much care to be involved in the discussions, maybe she doesn't care which way the lynch ultimately swings, and that seems to fit Yotsuba's goals more than the other factions. There's only one Yotsuba we need dead though, and like I said, that role still might be unkillable. But I'm curious to hear what people think of her.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:I do think looking at Epignosis is a great place to start for finding Higuchi, but personally I'm not convinced yet that Higuchi has even got his Death Note. If Mata or FZ passed a Death Note to Higuchi, we will become aware of it very soon through the phone call, but it hasn't happened yet, so Higuchi hunting might still be a bit premature. That said, I'm not sure which Kira would be the best to specifically look for today, other than Mikami, who's always a good bet to die.

I think it's time to start talking about Black Rock. In my opinion she's been neglecting this game to the point where I'm officially uncomfortable about her allegiance. I think she would be much more involved if she's a detective, but even if she's a Sympathizer I think she would be posting more because she would have more of a handle on the game, so this makes me think she is Yotsuba. It seems to me that BR doesn't much care to be involved in the discussions, maybe she doesn't care which way the lynch ultimately swings, and that seems to fit Yotsuba's goals more than the other factions. There's only one Yotsuba we need dead though, and like I said, that role still might be unkillable. But I'm curious to hear what people think of her.
I've already explained what I think of Black Rock.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DH, I remember you saying that Kira should have killed BR on the night they killed Zomberella unless they knew who BR was. Given that Metalmarsh and Co. seemed to know that Boomslang would show up as Watari - which is my working theory for why they wanted Mikami to kill himself yesterday, to make it two nights instead of two lynches - what do you think of the possibility that one of their Kiras took the Shinigami Eye Deal? I think they might have role-checked Black Rock and Zomberella together that night, and decided that BR's role wasn't worth killing. That could point to her not being a detective.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:If TH, for instance, will prove to have been genuine in his help and level of deductions, that he's been kicking ass in this game - but if the contrary, he's just been very "informed".
Can you explain what you mean by this, Rico? What do you mean I've been very "informed"?
Meaning if you're in Team Light and your deductions are based on having more knowledge about things than a two-player BTSC or individual player work*. For instance, your take on Misa's Note going to Light if she relinquishes it (or to Higuchi / Mikami?? :confused: I remember a quote from you in that regard as well, yesterday). This is still really nothing certain from the roles about that, especially now that it's revealed Light might also get Rem's note, if she sacrifices herself. But it's an astute idea nevertheless. The difference is that, if you're in Team Light, that sort of information becomes rather more "factual".

*hmm, well, since you claim Shinigaminess, you're actually either in a team of two or a team of four anyway.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:DH, I remember you saying that Kira should have killed BR on the night they killed Zomberella unless they knew who BR was. Given that Metalmarsh and Co. seemed to know that Boomslang would show up as Watari - which is my working theory for why they wanted Mikami to kill himself yesterday, to make it two nights instead of two lynches - what do you think of the possibility that one of their Kiras took the Shinigami Eye Deal? I think they might have role-checked Black Rock and Zomberella together that night, and decided that BR's role wasn't worth killing. That could point to her not being a detective.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of them took the eye deal. If I had to guess I'd say Light, since he can protect himself from lynches for at least a while.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:I do think looking at Epignosis is a great place to start for finding Higuchi, but personally I'm not convinced yet that Higuchi has even got his Death Note. If Mata or FZ passed a Death Note to Higuchi, we will become aware of it very soon through the phone call, but it hasn't happened yet, so Higuchi hunting might still be a bit premature. That said, I'm not sure which Kira would be the best to specifically look for today, other than Mikami, who's always a good bet to die.

I thought you thought FZ. was detective.

What do you think of my idea that Mata could potentially be Higuchi? I mean, I can guess what you think she is instead, but still: 50-50 chance, if L's read on her is truthful.

linki: huh? Where does it say Light can accept the Eye Deal?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:llama, why do you think TH has been unhelpful? Are you thinking of something specific or just overall? It seems to me he's been very helpful.
I think the unlynchable Shinigami are playing for their own amusement and own motives. He's not interested in helping us, he's interested in helping himself. This has been the case all throughout the game, but you see it most recently in his pointless antagonism of me, which I presume he is doing just because he finds it funny, or he wants me dead because I am annoying to him. You saw that when he demanded I name suspects (which as I pointed out, proves nothing) and then voted for me because I didn't play along. I don't think any of it has to do with actually interest in catching Kira.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That being said, I do think the points he made about Black Rock are good ones, and I intend to reread her before the vote.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:

What do you think of my idea that Mata could potentially be Higuchi? I mean, I can guess what you think she is instead, but still: 50-50 chance, if L's read on her is truthful.

Ryuk's role:
Once Raye Penber has started following Light, Ryuk offers Light the Shinigami Eye deal. If Light takes the offer, Light can role check two players every night but he must kill one of those two players.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Can you explain what you mean by this, Rico? What do you mean I've been very "informed"?
Meaning if you're in Team Light and your deductions are based on having more knowledge about things than a two-player BTSC or individual player work*. For instance, your take on Misa's Note going to Light if she relinquishes it (or to Higuchi / Mikami?? :confused: I remember a quote from you in that regard as well, yesterday). This is still really nothing certain from the roles about that, especially now that it's revealed Light might also get Rem's note, if she sacrifices herself. But it's an astute idea nevertheless. The difference is that, if you're in Team Light, that sort of information becomes rather more "factual".

*hmm, well, since you claim Shinigaminess, you're actually either in a team of two or a team of four anyway.
I just think it's more likely that Misa's Death Note went somewhere because I don't think it makes sense that it would just disappear from the game. But yes, the fact that Rem's Death Note can eventually enter into circulation does make it a little more likely that Misa's Death Note evaporated, I suppose. But this is all simple speculation on my part.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Ryuk's role:
Once Raye Penber has started following Light, Ryuk offers Light the Shinigami Eye deal. If Light takes the offer, Light can role check two players every night but he must kill one of those two players.
Oh, wow. Sorry about that. Forgot completely.

Return to “Previous Jobs”