The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 2]

Post by Black Rock »

I don't think MM killed my 1.0 self. He was just so proud he refrained from killing me in Death Note, to turn around and put a third day one kill on me so quickly would be like asking to be my nemesis for all time. I still think Zomba is bad, as unpopular as that is. I think that's why I was killed.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Sophie wrote:I meant a baddie power with every vote casted against them

Almost, but not quite. He gains power from taking votes that don't kill him. He is suspected for trying to draw votes and the pattern of the votes he took dayone.

TH made a pretty good case for it.
You will see soon enough that it is wrong. :)

Oh, and my item. I received a bottle that contains a liquid. If I use it on a player at night, that player is forced to respond to questions directed at them in the affirmative the following day. I used it on Epignosis.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thanks BR, good to know I have some support. I promise you I had nothing to do with it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:I don't think MM killed my 1.0 self. He was just so proud he refrained from killing me in Death Note, to turn around and put a third day one kill on me so quickly would be like asking to be my nemesis for all time. I still think Zomba is bad, as unpopular as that is. I think that's why I was killed.
So your reasons for not suspecting both LC & MM are not actually game related?

And I believe Zomba could be bad, too. But the thread went this way :shrug: I was hoping to get a thread consensus before people started voting. I would have been OK with a Zomba lynch, too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:I didn't expect to find all these votes for Metalmarsh this morning. I was worried I would have to find someone else to vote for even though I was most suspicious of him, but I think enough people have voted for MM that it's safe for me to vote him. I think he's bad this game.
But here's the problem here, I am not bad.

Anyway, I've changed my mind. I've decided that I will still attempt to prove to the rest of you that TH is bad. I hope at least one person will read it.
I believe you. *votes TH*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:I didn't expect to find all these votes for Metalmarsh this morning. I was worried I would have to find someone else to vote for even though I was most suspicious of him, but I think enough people have voted for MM that it's safe for me to vote him. I think he's bad this game.

Anyway, I've changed my mind. I've decided that I will still attempt to prove to the rest of you that TH is bad. I hope at least one person will read it.
I believe you. *votes TH*
Lol, thanks vomps. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Canucklehead »

I don't think MM is bad. I don't think SVS is bad, either, but I am not great at reading her.

I'm uncertain about TH. I think the way he has glommed onto the LC/MM theory as if it were infalliable is not a good sign, but I'm unsure if he's just a civ who's fixated on an idea and the baddies are hopping onto his train, or if he's a baddie leading the train. :hmm:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I think of all the MM votes, juliets' reads the least genuine to me. I'll look trhough her posts and see if what pinged me in her vote post holds up in her other posts...
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:I think it would be cool for Ichabod to steal the Will from S~V~S to see if she was telling the truth about the way it reads. If she is, then BF was making some strange assumptions about the wealth of Zombarella. If she's not, then she's Zomba's teammate, who made sure she got the Will by voting first, in order to assuage the public opinion on her teammate.

If Ichabod steals the Will, then a team of five people will be able to better judge S~V~S' position here.
I think he probably wouldn't - his team need to get specific items to win. Doubt they care about the rest of us and our debate over the will.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Epi is certainly taking an interesting approach to defending himself. I was thinking of voting MM, but Epi's behavior is giving me pause.

Linki MP: I didn't read into it. I thought Mongoose was joking and Liz seemed to think she meant it.
For the record, Epig's reactions are a result of the item I hold (a bottle), not necessarily true.
Interesting... :ponder:

I see you explained this later on. Why Epig though? Was that the only curse you could grant? The fact you can admit it makes me wonder if you can explain the thinking behind it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I haven't voted yet and am capable of reading things people write. I must warn you that I may vote for you anyway though.
Canucklehead wrote:I don't think MM is bad. I don't think SVS is bad, either, but I am not great at reading her.

I'm uncertain about TH. I think the way he has glommed onto the LC/MM theory as if it were infalliable is not a good sign, but I'm unsure if he's just a civ who's fixated on an idea and the baddies are hopping onto his train, or if he's a baddie leading the train. :hmm:
I think I said already that I've found the debate between that group interesting. I think at least one person among the TH/LC/MM/Epi group is probably bad.

Hours of linki I've already read...
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I don't think MM killed my 1.0 self. He was just so proud he refrained from killing me in Death Note, to turn around and put a third day one kill on me so quickly would be like asking to be my nemesis for all time. I still think Zomba is bad, as unpopular as that is. I think that's why I was killed.
So your reasons for not suspecting both LC & MM are not actually game related?

And I believe Zomba could be bad, too. But the thread went this way :shrug: I was hoping to get a thread consensus before people started voting. I would have been OK with a Zomba lynch, too.

That's how I play the game, I play the player as well as the thread. Until I am proven wrong I stand by it.

A lot of people voted before I got a chance to come in today.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't care if you vote me Bullzeye. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be lynched today. I'm still working on TH's case though, so look forward to it,

I chose Epignosis because last night, he and TH were questioning LC. Rather, Epignosis was pushing LC and TH stood at his shoulder making little remarks in Epignosis's support. They seemed to be in sync, and I found that suspicious. I'll include my thoughts on the results in a bit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would imagine the Celestials are playing for the civs , though, Bullz. They can't win with the baddies unless one or more of them are dead. The civvies would be a better deal for them.

And that's cool, BR. Based on their posts and votes would you feel the same? Can you at least see why someone without your unique perspective might think one or both of them could be bad?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:I would imagine the Celestials are playing for the civs , though, Bullz. They can't win with the baddies unless one or more of them are dead. The civvies would be a better deal for them.

And that's cool, BR. Based on their posts and votes would you feel the same? Can you at least see why someone without your unique perspective might think one or both of them could be bad?
Tbh, I had read them as pretty much an extension of the civs and was prepared to take my usual pro-neutral stance against anyone who suggested going after them. Still, if I were one, I'd be looking for the Treasures as my first priority and not worrying about whether you or BF gave the more accurate description of the will.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Never mind MP. I'm clearly the baddiest of them all.

I'm going ahead and voting for me. Perhaps I can stop wasting my effort on this game.

Are you fucking kidding me? How does this help if you're a civvie? :|
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:I would imagine the Celestials are playing for the civs , though, Bullz. They can't win with the baddies unless one or more of them are dead. The civvies would be a better deal for them.

If I try to take away from my death and see it with out the answer is still no. I do believe LC voted for MM for the reasons he said. He really wants MM to stop self voting. With MM's vote I wouldn't be able to tell one way or the other. I haven't seen anything in LC's posts that point at him being bad. I would have to probably look more closely at MM's posts tbh. I haven't worried about them so much as I am convinced lynching him is a bad move.

link: I agree with Rabbit, wtf?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Crap I missed that way back when. I didn't even notice you did that. Now I think I am wrong and you are giving up.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

The above post is directed at MM.

Now I see what SVS was saying to me.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

rabbit8 wrote:

I'm going ahead and voting for me. Perhaps I can stop wasting my effort on this game.

If you think I'm a baddie you should go along with it and vote for me.

If you think not, well do what you want, but talking about it right now isn't going to help.

Linki @BR: I decided to give up last night, but changed my mind today. I was sucked back in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Zombarella »

Long Con wrote:I think it would be cool for Ichabod to steal the Will from S~V~S to see if she was telling the truth about the way it reads. If she is, then BF was making some strange assumptions about the wealth of Zombarella. If she's not, then she's Zomba's teammate, who made sure she got the Will by voting first, in order to assuage the public opinion on her teammate.

If Ichabod steals the Will, then a team of five people will be able to better judge S~V~S' position here.
I second this suggestion. After reading LizKeens case on SVS I'm actually more convinced that SVS is civ. BF's "interpretation" of the will doesn't make sense re my role. I know that I am civ and so I think that SVS probably is too.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

If you think not, well do what you want, but talking about it right now isn't going to help.

Linki @BR: I decided to give up last night, but changed my mind today. I was sucked back in.

Did your team convince you to try? :huh:
I don't really even know how to process this. I can say for sure it is questionable. But to what end?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Are there any further questions, bitches?
Your gameplay seems to have ramped up to a more aggressive and less participatory style. Your last few posts seem like a forced less-serious attitude. Ever since I accused you. :eye: I guess it's one way to try and get out of being caught.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. Did you have a question for me?
Why do you keep asking if someone has a question for you?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

If you're still trying to decide whether I'm a civvie or not, just assume that I am a civilian now so you don't have change your perspective when I'm lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

It ain't over till the lynch is up but a post like that is asking for the votes. If I am right and you are civvie then you shouldn't have done that. It makes you look bad and makes me feel stupid for trusting you.
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Epi is certainly taking an interesting approach to defending himself. I was thinking of voting MM, but Epi's behavior is giving me pause.

Linki MP: I didn't read into it. I thought Mongoose was joking and Liz seemed to think she meant it.
For the record, Epig's reactions are a result of the item I hold (a bottle), not necessarily true.
Are you saying that Epig's responses are not necessarily true or that it's not necessarily true that they are the result of your item or that it isn't necessarily true that you are holding a bottle? :confused:
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm seriously gaining nothing by this.
What are you talking about?
I thought catching up on the thread all at once would be most efficient and illuminating, but so far I've just read Day 0 banter, BF's will thing, then stuff I had already read previously, and then a bunch of back and forth among tons of people during Day 1 and none of it is really making any impression on me or sticking whatsoever.
Just keep reading dude, things get interesting soon. Stop posting random shit you find along the way though, we've all seen it already, just read and absorb :P
This^^
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

Zombarella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Are there any further questions, bitches?
Your gameplay seems to have ramped up to a more aggressive and less participatory style. Your last few posts seem like a forced less-serious attitude. Ever since I accused you. :eye: I guess it's one way to try and get out of being caught.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. Did you have a question for me?
Why do you keep asking if someone has a question for you?
Yes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MM, what are your thoughts on LC? I know I'm making an assumption that you are a baddie with him, but I have problems with LC's behavior today regardless of your role. LC has said some sketchy stuff today IMO, and at this point I'm more convinced of his baddness than yours. So, what do you make of him? The fact that you've mostly ignored him today is part of the reason I've been growing more convinced that I'm on the right track.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

It ain't over till the lynch is up but a post like that is asking for the votes. If I am right and you are civvie then you shouldn't have done that. It makes you look bad and makes me feel stupid for trusting you.
Lol, thanks BR. That was the conclusion I came to last night when no one was taking me seriously, or worse...

But after some sleep I felt differently.

Linki @TH: I honestly don't have a read on him. I'm convinced you and Epignosis are trying to frame him (just like me), which would mean that he probably isn't bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That's what I thought you would say :sigh:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

TH, you didn't seem very surprised by Epi's bottle-cures responses earlier...that seemed weird to me.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

^^bottke-CURSE, not bottle-cures
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Gah! Bottle, not bottke
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sounds like something a pirate would take to cure the pox XD
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Zombarella wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Are you saying that Epig's responses are not necessarily true or that it's not necessarily true that they are the result of your item or that it isn't necessarily true that you are holding a bottle? :confused:
Nevermind. I'm all caught up and I get it now.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote:TH, you didn't seem very surprised by Epi's bottle-cures responses earlier...that seemed weird to me.
Epi's answer to the question about me was obviously not genuine, it didn't take me but a moment to realize that, so I reacted to it similarly. I didn't know he was targeted by an item, but he was obviously being facetious when he said I was bad. :shrug2:

And while we're talking about it, I really doubt that that's what the bottle does. I think it's more likely that Epi was targeted not by an item, but by a power from the baddie camp. Probably something like this:
Roles wrote:Macleish MacPherson - The Crooked Doctor - Can dispense medicine that does a variety of unsavory and often illegal things.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Anyway, Turnip Head.

I am convinced that he is on a team with Epignosis, and perhaps Dom as well.

Let's begin with the Day 1 reactions, especially those regarding blindfaeth. Everyone surely remembers when blindfaeth came forward early, saying that he has an item that could help him learn who the millionaire is. After he did so, he made a comment about a couple players' reactions. TH was one of them.
Turnip Head wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Yes but my point is, the two people I think are suspicious PRIOR to my item are acting in a way I would expect them to if they were worried about me being correct, namely, that I know the identity of their teammate. Bullz and TH can certainly defend against this, don't you agree?
I'm not worried about you being correct. I asked the "What do you guys see?" Question after BR said she saw something too. I don't get why you wouldn't just talk about it and dance around your suspicions. I'm interested I'm discussion. I had no idea that what you saw was related to me, but it's not like I'm worried, I know that my vote was an innocent mistake.

I'm not saying I'm incapable of making mistakes as a baddie, but the scenario that you're painting has me INTENTIONALLY making these mistakes, and that's something I would not do. As a baddie I know better than to draw attention to myself on Day 1. Anything out of the ordinary is usually enough to get lynched when there's nothing else to go on. The move you're saying I made is something I personally would never do.
So blindfaeth calls a couple people out specifically based on their reactions to the information he brought forward. This is worth noting since blindfaeth is a known civilian. Blindfaeth also voted for Epignosis on Day 1.

Just a bit after this, TH asked Dom why he picked the item he did.
Turnip Head wrote:Dom, can you talk a little bit about why you chose the Promissory Note item on Day 0?
This question just seems out of the blue. Why does TH care about Dom's item, but not about anyone else's item? This smells of distancing, and a calculated form of distancing at that. blindfaeth had just accused TH about worrying about the safety of the millionaire, so TH immediately changes the subject. If he is a baddie, then what better way then to call upon a teammate. TH never followed up on the question

After this TH asked Dom a question for clarification on some of Dom's accusations and interactions.
Turnip Head wrote:Honestly Dom I got the same impression from your post that LC, rabbit, BF and Golden did, and now that you've clarified that that wasn't your intention, I actually have NO idea what you're getting at re: juliets. Asking her if she was addressing all civs by saying "us", what does that even mean, what is your point re: juliets? Your follow-up question to her makes no sense to me, but I guess I'll wait to hear juliets' response to it in any case. But it feels like you're backpedaling.

Speaking of waiting for responses, I'm still waiting on Mongoose to address my post directed towards her. Her three posts from this past day are as follows:
Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dang it, I should have counted to 10, I feel bad for reacting emotionally now instead of rationally. :P But I'm in too deep now. VOTE ME. And stuff. BBL.

It's okay hoss, we've all been there.

Huge deadline at COB tomorrow so I am spending my afternoon break doing a Scan & Ran with you lot. Seems like typical "mountains of molehill" Day 1 shenanigans, but nothing is toooo concerning to me yet (and I sure as hell don't have anything more compelling to add other than I made a "It has proudly been 3 days since our last velociraptor accident" sign for my office door).

I'll be voting early (tomorrow)because I leave for St Pete Saturday morning for a business trip and will be gone through Tuesday.
So it sounded like she had scanned the thread, because she commented how the day's cases looked like mountains of molehills fare.

Then she replied to a post that wasn't addressed to her:
Mongoose wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Idk BR. If it was anyone other than MP I might think you were on to something, but he is so detail oriented I'm not really shocked he would have read the rules. Even I noticed that you can't have two people vote the same option and I am pretty notorious for not reading things like that carefully.
worth considering though

so bf - the TH/Bullz things are seperate from the will thing? I'm trying to get what you are saying here
I'm frankly surprised I read the instructions and am not one of the ones who voted second for one of the items. That's a welcome change.
And then she made an off-topic comment directed to the host:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Hey everyone!
Since we have a little extra time today, let's have a fun game. The roles on the front page need pictures to go along with them. Please submit a picture of your role to me via PM by the end of Night 1. My favorite gets a prize. Please nothing too racist for the Celestials.
*spat out tea in laughter*

I like the qualifier of "too" racist, with the intimation being that "a little racist" is permissible.
Yet she didn't reply to my post addressed to her. For now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she just hadn't read that far into the thread, even though her first post made it sound like she had scanned the whole thread to that point. So that's strange, but I'll withhold from further judgment until she replies to my first post and to this subsequent post.
Included in this question to Dom are some accusations against Mongoose. So at this point, it reads to me like Mongoose is TH's biggest suspect. However, Sophie later replaced Mongoose that day, so I guess it's fair that TH didn't actually vote there.

After Dom answered TH's question, TH seemed to accept his answer.
Turnip Head wrote:Fair enough Dom, I suppose that makes sense.
Then anther suspecting question for Dom.
Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:TH-- I'm juggling suspicions? Please-- look at how many different people BF has thrown shade at for no reason. Do you suspect BF for the same reason then? I just don't understand why suspecting 2 people (MP and BF) makes me someone who is throwing things out for no reason. I questioned juliets. Do you find it unusual for me to question people? I doubt that.
I'd rather not talk about the MP situation given the last time we did the result that ensued. I don't think we need to rehash that? Like... what else was I supposed to post? MP had a total meltdown over me asking 2 questions and didn't answer the second one. I felt responsible for MP's meltdown. I don't want to explore it again?
I don't think you questioning people is unusual (thanks for answering for me before I replied though :P ), but questioning juliets specifically, about that specific thing? I did think that was a little over the top. It felt like a normal juliets thing to say and I thought you would have agreed with me on that point.

Fair enough about MP.
If it makes you feel any better-- I was satisfied with juliets answer.
But all her answer did was confirm that she was talking about the civs... which is what I thought you were suspicious of her for? :confused:
Followed by another accepting answer by TH.
Turnip Head wrote:Gotchya Dom. Okay.
It looks like TH is trying to set himself up for a vote for Dom, but he continues to back off and accept Dom's responses.

Then we have this doozy of a post (the Zomba part of it).
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Oh well, if people are interested in lynching me I suppose I'll share what I know. At least if I die, SVS won't be able to lie to you about whose will it is. It is Zomberellas will. The reason I did not come after her in the thread as many of you suggested is because she was literally absent for so long. Which I think is oddly convenient, but whatever. Final thoughts, I think dom is bad, he's only analytical like this when he has a team. I think epi and bills are bad. Think SVS is misguided. Good luck
Well, I think BF ruined my role. Thanks, for that. Civvie or not, you blew it!
Now that's interesting, right there.
Indeed. :ponder:
Epignosis and TH immediately respond with a "Well that's interesting". But curiously, neither of them ever followed up on it, just left it at that. I believe that this was a set-up for themselves. If the lynch were to sway Zomba's direction, they are in perfect position to pile their votes on. But the lynch didn't sway that direction, so they were in a position to back right off of that suspicion. This is one of many examples of TH and Epignosis being on the same page, and I will address that in a bit.

But leading up to the lynch, TH began pushing blindfaeth.
Turnip Head wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:And by the way, the fact they can expire makes me think zomb is bullshitting about her item being worthless. Why bother making a role that can make items expire if they don't do anything.
What do you mean that it expires? Had you mentioned this before?

Bye Mongoose, and welcome Sophie!
Turnip Head wrote:I would still like to know what BF meant about the will "expiring" - that was a new wrinkle he didn't bring up until much much later unless I missed something.
Turnip Head wrote:Also worth noting that BF didn't even vote for Zomberella; he voted for Epi and is now campaigning for others to do so as well.
And finally, we have TH's lynch vote post.
Turnip Head wrote:BF I don't understand why you suddenly just give up because people aren't agreeing with you or playing the way you want them to. I understand that sometimes it's hard to work with people but that's like 83% of mafia, working blindly with your fellow civs to figure things out and catch the bad guys. You are giving up first chance you get instead of pushing through. Makes no sense to me.

I'm going to vote Dom because he's still my top suspicion and I don't think you're bad, but frankly I'm okay with you being lynched because it seems you don't want to play anymore, and people giving up because they're being suspected is frankly getting old.
Turnip Head finally voted for Dom. For some reason, TH decided to include in his post that he is "okay" with blindfaeth being lynched, yet for some reason, TH voted for Dom. There's a couple peculiar events that happened after this that make this vote especially noteworthy. TH later accused LC of throwing away his vote (for want of a better term) when LC voted for me on Day 1. TH's reasoning for that accusation is that we should all be wary of placing odd spread out votes in case we place one on the millionaire. But TH still placed a vote on Dom even though he was okay with LC being lynched.

TH also has not mentioned Dom once since then, aside from acknowledging that he voted Dom on Day 1. Since Dom was TH's "top suspicion" from Day 1, this doesn't make sense.

Night 1 saw a lot of jokey posts from TH, and also some back-up to Epignosis. Even though I pressed TH for his thoughts, he responded with simply "I don't control the nightkill". Well whatever. A baddie could say this as easily as a civvie could think it. This first post stands out to me.
Turnip Head wrote:I like where this is going.
This post is vague and ambiguous. I asked TH to expound on it, and he didn't give a good answer. But the ensuing few posts show his support of Epignosis. That first post was odd because it came merely a minute after Epignosis began questioning LC, which is one reason why I think that TH has BTSC with Epignosis. I know that idea doesn't make him bad, but the other events are what make me think otherwise.

The final bit I have to mention is the "Jon Anderson" serum I administered to Epignosis last night. Yes I realize that the baddies have a role that might be able to do the same thing, but that is not the case. This oriental drug came from the bottle I obtained on Day 0. Anyway, it forces the victim to answer "Yes" to questions asked of them. That explains Epignosis's strange behavior today (but only today).

At one point, I asked Epignosis what he thought of Turnip Head.
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, would you recommend a lynch for Turnip Head today? Do you think Turnip Head is bad?
Absolutely. Fuck that guy. He needs to go.

In fact, I've been watching him carefully. He's been agreeing with me like Basmati rice. He just says whatever he thinks I want to hear. I would love to see him probed on the Montel show. I would like to see his reaction to learning that he is, in fact, not the father, and then we should take him outside and beat hell out of him for being so evil. Yes, I think Turnip Head is bad.
And here was TH's response. Based on the thread, it was not particularly obvious that Epignosis's hand was being forced.
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I would love to see him probed on the Montel show. I would like to see his reaction to learning that he is, in fact, not the father, and then we should take him outside and beat hell out of him for being so evil.
I would agree to all of this, if I knew that it pleased you.
But TH just accepted Epignosis's answer. How can someone accept an accusation so jokingly and on-the-fly without knowing the justification behind it? This is another reason I'm convinced that TH and Epignosis have BTSC, and that TH knew about this before responding. Why else would Epignosis have no real interest in lynching TH, and TH speak in thread knowing as such.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I would love to see him probed on the Montel show. I would like to see his reaction to learning that he is, in fact, not the father, and then we should take him outside and beat hell out of him for being so evil.
I would agree to all of this, if I knew that it pleased you.
Just the kind of response I would expect from someone who has BTSC with Epignosis, and knows that the answer to the recently asked question is being forced. :eye:
TH never did respond to this particular accusation, and considering how uqickly the back-and-forths were happening, it took him a while to say anything in general, as his next post came 25 minutes later with a complete change of subject.
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So I'm trying to be super open-minded about S~V~S, knowing that I consistently read her wrong ALWAYS, but why did she say she wasn't going to vote for BF on Day 1 and then did anyway?
Maybe because that did not happen.

SVS said this on Wed, 6:45 pm:
S~V~S wrote:I am not voting for you now, BF, and am not sure that I even will. It's early, and it's Day One. We are talking about what has caught our eye, and this is what has caught mine.
And then 30+ hours and 8 posts about her suspicions of BF later...
S~V~S wrote:I have a busy day tomorrow, and will be in the middle of D & D when the poll ends. Not 100% sure I will be here tonight, so i am going to vote now, I don't see me changing my mind.

*Votes BF*
I see nothing wrong here.

This is what I've got. You all should really try and lynch TH tomorrow, or Epignosis.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And I will give two Smash Coins to anyone who actually reads and/or responds to that post. ;)

Just kidding.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Elohcin »

Well, like Juliets, I am surprised at all the MM votes today. I mean, I knew many of us found him suspicious, but I didn't think we would get a so many people on board with voting him this early. I am used to seeing votes more spread than this. I am not crazy sure about MM's alliance. I still think we ought to be thinking about the other Day 1 self-voters too. Especially since they voted themselves before MM did. Anyway, I will trust the majority today and *vote MM*.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

I just read it all. I don't agree with it though and I am not seeing the same thing from TH's posts that you are.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:I just read it all. I don't agree with it though and I am not seeing the same thing from TH's posts that you are.
:shrug: Fine, you've still got the wrong marmot.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Maybe you found some Celestials, MM. :shrug2:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I read it. :)
What's a smash coin? Sounds smashy. :nicenod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think TH is on a team with Epignosis at all. And I have no opinion of Dom at all and that scares the checkout of me tbh.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

rabbit8 wrote:Maybe you found some Celestials, MM. :shrug2:
I don't think so, not after the Day 1 proceedings.

I mean Epignosis pointed out that BR was killed on Night 1, calling it funny. I think he is behind the kill.

I'm also putting some stock into what blindfaeth thought before he died. He may or may not have lied about the will, but we at least know his intentions were well-meant.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:I read it. :)
What's a smash coin? Sounds smashy. :nicenod:
It's a part of the Smashfest that is going on right now. The bottom-most sub-forum on the main page. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:I don't think TH is on a team with Epignosis at all. And I have no opinion of Dom at all and that scares the checkout of me tbh.
What do you think about the connection between TH and Dom?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Just a bit after this, TH asked Dom why he picked the item he did.
Turnip Head wrote:Dom, can you talk a little bit about why you chose the Promissory Note item on Day 0?
This question just seems out of the blue. Why does TH care about Dom's item, but not about anyone else's item?
I explained immediately afterwards why I asked Dom about his item. You quoted it so you couldn't have missed it.
Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:For instance are you suspecting Dom or just asking a question? I can't tell you're eyeing the thread. Makes me suspect you for eyeing everyone. :p (that was a joke)
Just asking him a question. I thought it was an interesting choice based on the roles, and he didn't explain it when he voted, so I wanted clarification.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:It looks like TH is trying to set himself up for a vote for Dom, but he continues to back off and accept Dom's responses.
Dom's responses made sense to me and answered my questions, but that doesn't mean he's not suspicious to me just because he gave a good answer.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis and TH immediately respond with a "Well that's interesting". But curiously, neither of them ever followed up on it, just left it at that. I believe that this was a set-up for themselves. If the lynch were to sway Zomba's direction, they are in perfect position to pile their votes on. But the lynch didn't sway that direction, so they were in a position to back right off of that suspicion. This is one of many examples of TH and Epignosis being on the same page, and I will address that in a bit.
You don't think that if Epi or I were on a team with Zomba, we would have encouraged her to respond to BF differently? :confused:

Metalmarsh89 wrote:But leading up to the lynch, TH began pushing blindfaeth.
No I didn't.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Turnip Head finally voted for Dom. For some reason, TH decided to include in his post that he is "okay" with blindfaeth being lynched, yet for some reason, TH voted for Dom. There's a couple peculiar events that happened after this that make this vote especially noteworthy. TH later accused LC of throwing away his vote (for want of a better term) when LC voted for me on Day 1. TH's reasoning for that accusation is that we should all be wary of placing odd spread out votes in case we place one on the millionaire. But TH still placed a vote on Dom even though he was okay with LC being lynched.

TH also has not mentioned Dom once since then, aside from acknowledging that he voted Dom on Day 1. Since Dom was TH's "top suspicion" from Day 1, this doesn't make sense.
I haven't mentioned Dom since then because that was Day 1 and I have much better suspects to pursue currently.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:This post is vague and ambiguous. I asked TH to expound on it, and he didn't give a good answer. But the ensuing few posts show his support of Epignosis. That first post was odd because it came merely a minute after Epignosis began questioning LC, which is one reason why I think that TH has BTSC with Epignosis. I know that idea doesn't make him bad, but the other events are what make me think otherwise.
I told you not to be concerned about my unwillingness to talk in detail at night. I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed by my activity during the Day phase. I have not been evasive at all since night ended, so I don't know what point you're making here.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:At one point, I asked Epignosis what he thought of Turnip Head.

And here was TH's response. Based on the thread, it was not particularly obvious that Epignosis's hand was being forced.
Yes it was. You, Epi's top suspect, asked Epi what he thought of me, the guy that agreed with him about you. And he gave an especially over the top answer about me, with no thread-based analysis to go with it. I knew immediately that he was being facetious. Doesn't take BTSC for me to realize that.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:TH never did respond to this particular accusation, and considering how uqickly the back-and-forths were happening, it took him a while to say anything in general, as his next post came 25 minutes later with a complete change of subject.
I didn't respond to it because it was such an obvious troll attempt on your part.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I don't think TH is on a team with Epignosis at all. And I have no opinion of Dom at all and that scares the checkout of me tbh.
What do you think about the connection between TH and Dom?
I am not seeing it. I bet lots of people have not mentioned lots of other people.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Canucklehead wrote:I think of all the MM votes, juliets' reads the least genuine to me. I'll look trhough her posts and see if what pinged me in her vote post holds up in her other posts...
What did you see in my vote post?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I also think I want to reread Golden's thing with Dom. I am sad Golden was silenced.

Return to “Previous Jobs”