Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER I]

Post by Perd Hapley »

Is your definition of trying hunny saying, "I'm hunting scum" every other post? I just don't see what you're doing when you say that you are "trying".
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

Paul wrote:basically im being misunderstood b/c its d1 and there is almost nothing to go on so i created stuff to go on

i waited long enough for d1 i can't believe people deal with that

i also can't believe people are taking me so srs i am trying to hunt scum by fishing for reactions to the stuff i say how else do you hunt this early
It's not even 24 hours into the day.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Malchus wrote:
Absalom wrote:I'm glad it's day 1. Now we can get moving. Despite Paul's early vote, I actually feel good about him. I also feel good about Nicodemus. That leaves.... a lot of other people. I don't know, maybe it's just his name, but Cain dropping in with only two posts, one of which was an accusation and a vote threat is something I noticed. That, and Balaam seems to be coming off a tad hostile.
How could you possibly feel good about another player this early in Day 1?
I feel things all the time. Feelings are not certainty, but they are a place to start.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Re: the Horsemen, I don't think they can be trusted at all or be expected to side with the Righteous. It's a heavily obscured, in terms of win condition and abilities, and terrifying, canon-wise, quartet. What Jonah said about finishing off the Heathens in order to win the game being "too easy" reminds me of Death Note: civs only had to eliminate four players (out of 27) to win, but bickered over an entire rogue faction being civ-friendly or not (granted, they were destined to receive the power to kill at certain point- although they never did), and almost all the four players that needed to be eliminated won the game unscathed. My point being we should primarly aim for the Righteous' win condition: take out the Heathens.
Supervisor
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Celeste »

Martha wrote:
Paul wrote:vote for me then Martha im not afraid of you or anyone at least I am trying
Sweetie calm down. You don't need to be afraid. I'm just saying you're being way too crazy dear and your behavior seems forced. It's making you seem very suspicious and fake hunny.
your behavior seems forced too we don't have any regulars that habitually call everybody hunny and sweetie. shall I voteth you for being fake too?

its a sock game we're all being fake here
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Belshazzar wrote:Re: the Horsemen, I don't think they can be trusted at all or be expected to side with the Righteous. It's a heavily obscured, in terms of win condition and abilities, and terrifying, canon-wise, quartet. What Jonah said about finishing off the Heathens in order to win the game being "too easy" reminds me of Death Note: civs only had to eliminate four players (out of 27) to win, but bickered over an entire rogue faction being civ-friendly or not (granted, they were destined to receive the power to kill at certain point- although they never did), and almost all the four players that needed to be eliminated won the game unscathed. My point being we should primarly aim for the Righteous' win condition: take out the Heathens.
The Horsemen are named Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. It's kind of hard to imagine them being anything but bad.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Belshazzar wrote:Re: the Horsemen, I don't think they can be trusted at all or be expected to side with the Righteous. It's a heavily obscured, in terms of win condition and abilities, and terrifying, canon-wise, quartet. What Jonah said about finishing off the Heathens in order to win the game being "too easy" reminds me of Death Note: civs only had to eliminate four players (out of 27) to win, but bickered over an entire rogue faction being civ-friendly or not (granted, they were destined to receive the power to kill at certain point- although they never did), and almost all the four players that needed to be eliminated won the game unscathed. My point being we should primarly aim for the Righteous' win condition: take out the Heathens.
I mean fair enough but the 4 roles that had to be eliminated in that game were nigh invincible. if all we gotta do is lynch 5 of them and they have to kill 25 of us i like our odds but I don't think we should ignore the coming apocalypse. You never know when the day of judgment is upon us
I agree though. Heathens are public enemy #1
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

wait aren't conquest and war sorta the same thing. I always thought the fourth horseman was like Plague or something
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Jonah wrote:
Martha wrote:
Paul wrote:vote for me then Martha im not afraid of you or anyone at least I am trying
Sweetie calm down. You don't need to be afraid. I'm just saying you're being way too crazy dear and your behavior seems forced. It's making you seem very suspicious and fake hunny.
your behavior seems forced too we don't have any regulars that habitually call everybody hunny and sweetie. shall I voteth you for being fake too?

its a sock game we're all being fake here
My thoughts exactly :srsnod:
Last edited by Epignosis on Sat May 02, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Another damn non-player.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Aargh! A Kraken.
Supervisor
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ah shit. Drinking and mafia do not often mix :blush:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

our Lord has taught you a valuable lesson today about the evils of alcohol
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

nijuukyugou wrote:Ah shit. Drinking and mafia do not often mix :blush:
You can tell me if you're a heathen, the Lord is watching and sees all anyway dear. Have another glass of whiskey, forgive me Lord I do not drink myself and would never. I don't even drink wine around Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

I disagree. :beer:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

And everyone else breathes a sigh of relief as they are not the first person to screw up.

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Can't say I condemn it, myself. :wine:

linki: Wasn't Bass the first? :P
Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Martha wrote:
You can tell me if you're a heathen, the Lord is watching and sees all anyway dear. Have another glass of whiskey, forgive me Lord I do not drink myself and would never. I don't even drink wine around Jesus.
But if our lord Jesus Christ turned water to wine, and offered it to you, would you decline a miraculous gift from the son of god himself?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Mordecai wrote:
Martha wrote:
But if our lord Jesus Christ turned water to wine, and offered it to you, would you decline a miraculous gift from the son of god himself?
Good point. Doesn't he actually demand that you drink the wine of his blood? :eye:

ImageImageImage
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Ben Linus »

Martha wrote:

Forced on day 1? Is this sarcasm?
Absalom wrote:
Malchus wrote:
Absalom wrote:I'm glad it's day 1. Now we can get moving. Despite Paul's early vote, I actually feel good about him. I also feel good about Nicodemus. That leaves.... a lot of other people. I don't know, maybe it's just his name, but Cain dropping in with only two posts, one of which was an accusation and a vote threat is something I noticed. That, and Balaam seems to be coming off a tad hostile.
How could you possibly feel good about another player this early in Day 1?
I feel things all the time. Feelings are not certainty, but they are a place to start.
Great. Have fun with them.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
I disagree. :beer:
I agree. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Paul wrote:
Samuel wrote:Check in. I see we are all trying to play our little parts. How cute, in that case I recommend not crossing me or I may have to call down some bears on your ass. Just sayin'.

@Host, will it be relevant to the game to figure out who the other players are?
scum post if there ever was one
:haha: Dude, I was asking if I needed to figure out who other players are. Sometimes there is a quiz our something or prizes can be earned by knowing who is who. Why waste time on something that will earn me nothing?
Paul wrote:wake me when Samuel shows up
Wake up buttercup! I was busy trending to my priestly duties, some of us have responsibilities ya know.

What a surprise, Paul is trying to kill one of God's people. But I expect the scales will fall from his eyes and he will see the error of his way. So I'm not going to hold it against you, bro.

I am interested in looking at Ruth though, 'cause she seemed to be singling out people who may be new to our tribe. I don't see how that is good for anything.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Paul's recent responses have me seeing him in a different light. It seems more genuine now. And Paul, I do agree with you that getting people to talk and stirring stuff up is a good idea. It wasn't your actions that pinged me, it was the words behind them.

@job - sorry, what I wrote was misleading. I meant Paul for what seemed to me to be almost 'claiming' an identity for himself, and ruth for trying to uncover others.

So, I went and read Jephthah, as Belshazzar made an interesting assertion that he had flip flopped a bit on Paul. I also recommend it. I think it's worth doing. There isn't a lot of posts, only ten. But...

Posts 2, 3, 4 and 5... in consecutive order, agrees with Paul about Samuel (hard to tell if serious), defends Paul for voting Samuel, defends Paul from my initial suspicion, defends Paul from further suspicion (defends might be too strong, but it certainly could be read that way).
Jephthah wrote:
Paul wrote:
Samuel wrote:Check in. I see we are all trying to play our little parts. How cute, in that case I recommend not crossing me or I may have to call down some bears on your ass. Just sayin'.

Agreed. Let's lynch him :feb:
Jephthah wrote:
Balaam wrote:Holy early vote! Got any proof there Paul?
Are you seriously asking this? :eye: What exactly do you expect Paul to say?
Jephthah wrote:
Lot wrote:I could see Paul getting a lot of votes... I'd consider voting that way. So far not much has stood out for me. Paul has, very much, with posts and practices which seem designed to set himself apart. So has Ruth - what with the apparent fishing for finding out where people are from and then waving it off as a joke.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone felt that their vote in the poll yesterday turned out to be worthwhile. I, for one, do not - at least I have no reason to believe it was for now.
No, but I got a good laugh out of it.

So pepole trying to set themselves apart = scum?
Jephthah wrote:
Lot wrote:I'm just getting a vibe from Paul I don't like... It's not only because he sets himself apart, it's the way he is doing it... like, my practices are so different from yours, how could you possibly lynch me until you've gotten to know me... I don't easily buy that he has an actual suspicion of Samuel... the vote feels like a tactic.

I agree with Balaam. A very early vote is a wasted vote, because 48 hours is a lot of time for something real to happen.
While the vote feels like a tactic to me too, it can easily be a valid tactic. Samuels' post seemed scummy to me too, especially the ridiculous question in the end, but the first part felt like him trying to convey: "I'm cool, I have nothing to hide". One way to try to push Samuel is by voting him and doing it fast. Nothing like pushing someone to the corner to get him talking. Worst case, Samuel comes in, eases his mind and he wasted a vote which has a high probability of being wasted anyway.

We'll see.
And then, look at this with posts 6, 7 and 8 - seems like a complete turn around as he questions Paul... goes from saying he probably would have wasted the vote anyway to calling it a wasted vote...
Jephthah wrote:
Paul wrote:now this is d1
You have voted early and maybe hastily wasted a vote.
You have not really given solid reasons for your vote. By your standards of d1 and how this game should be played, should we now vote for you? If not, why?
Jephthah wrote:
Paul wrote:
Jephthah wrote:
Paul wrote:now this is d1
You have voted early and maybe hastily wasted a vote.
You have not really given solid reasons for your vote. By your standards of d1 and how this game should be played, should we now vote for you? If not, why?
im catching scum that's why
Do you have tell signs so we can make sure of it?
Jephthah wrote:
Paul wrote:

Why?

Jephthah wrote:
Balaam wrote:Holy early vote! Got any proof there Paul?
Are you seriously asking this? :eye: What exactly do you expect Paul to say?
An analysis of the posts that Paul finds so suspicious?
An analysis of two posts with barely something in them? Either you feel it or you don't. There's no way someone can logically and methodically accuse another person of being bad based on that and come out looking good.[/quote]

It is a big turn around with no explanation provided for it.
Reporting
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Mordecai wrote:I'm in a bit of middle ground on this. Samuel's "I'll call some bears on you" (Elisha reference) was very odd. But not enough for me to call him guaranteed scum yet like Paul has.

On that note, Pauls willingness to do that right out of the gate rubs me the wrong way as well. A lot of jumping the gun going on here. That method of pressuring him with a vote is pointless at the moment, seeing as it's the only vote on Samuel for the time being. One vote does nothing in a game this size unless there is a tie, and I question that technique being employed at the very beginning of day one.
The technique of voting someone to garner a response from them? Why would you question it? You can argue the effectiveness depending on the amount of votes but it's never useless. Even a sinle vote can prompt responses you need. And some people fish for reactions.
Jacob wrote:What the heck is up with Paul and why is he so convinced Samuel is bad? Looks like he's reading way too much into that one post. I wouldn't mind if he said he was voting mostly-randomly or that he just had a gut feeling, but he's acting so 100% convinced and it's pretty annoying TBH.
This post stood out to me. Just a commentary I saw over and over. Seems like Jacob didn't have anything to say but wanted to look contributive. Not necessarily a scum tell but I'm definitely interested in Jacob now.
Martha wrote:
Such an ironic post. Martha criticising Paul for being fake in the most fake manner I could've imagined.
Martha wrote:Is your definition of trying hunny saying, "I'm hunting scum" every other post? I just don't see what you're doing when you say that you are "trying".

Paul's playstyle doesn't seem very confusing or harmful to me at all. I'm kinda surprised by the amount of people commenting how strage he's acting. He's actually made some good points about both Lot and Samuel. Samuel's opening post was scummy af even when I read it.
Fractal
sprityo
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 116

Post by SmashKings »

wow not much talking

Lot i do apologize I hate drama in games so i wasn't trying to stir anything or twist any words i am just trying to see what scum I can catch

Samuel glad we're cool but why do you only comment about Ruth
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

also I don't understand why Martha is so hostile to me or my methods when she is not doing anything can't tell whether srs

i know my wording often comes across as strong but I recognize i don't know anything 100 % so when I talk it is b/c I am either issuing my opinion and I feel sure of it or trying to get a reaction you know

speaking of Ruth where is she and why she quiet
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Paul, what, to you, is "doing something"?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Paul wrote:wow not much talking

Lot i do apologize I hate drama in games so i wasn't trying to stir anything or twist any words i am just trying to see what scum I can catch

Samuel glad we're cool but why do you only comment about Ruth
Perhaps since my name was brought up much on Day Zero, and he thought that it might be easy to deflect to me since he is taking heat himself?
Samuel wrote:
Paul wrote:

:haha: Dude, I was asking if I needed to figure out who other players are. Sometimes there is a quiz our something or prizes can be earned by knowing who is who. Why waste time on something that will earn me nothing?
Paul wrote:wake me when Samuel shows up
Wake up buttercup! I was busy trending to my priestly duties, some of us have responsibilities ya know.

What a surprise, Paul is trying to kill one of God's people. But I expect the scales will fall from his eyes and he will see the error of his way. So I'm not going to hold it against you, bro.

I am interested in looking at Ruth though, 'cause she seemed to be singling out people who may be new to our tribe. I don't see how that is good for anything.
Actually, that was not my intent. Quite the opposite.I felt that Paul was only pretending to be new to our community. All the new recruis are savvy players who would have read the rules and understood that the point of a sockpuppet is to obscure your true identity. It would be a golden opportunity for a new player to slide into a new playstyle.

That is why I specifically asked Paul if he had read the rules:
Ruth wrote:Paul, just curious; have you read the host rules and host posts and the sign up thread? Specifically the parts about not being obvious as re the sockpuppets?
My thought was that in this community, we give new players the BOTD their first game, and pretending to be one of those new players would be a smart strategy for a Mafia. We tend not to lynch noobs day one of their first game. It would be a way for a veteran to get to play the noob card. A Get Out Of Jail Free card, if you will.

This goes hand in hand with the other reason people are suspectng me: the thought that I was trying to determine peoples identities. No, I was only trying to see if Paul was what he appears to be. I don't think he is, personally. In other words, I doubt new players would ACT like new players.

Having caught up after a busy Saturday, though, it is also possible there are just "woo hoo fun" reasons for pretending to be new to this forum, especially if Paul has an especially highly recognizable game. But it is something I think needs to be kept in mind if he ever does play the noob card.

Having skimmed the day so far, I need to read more in depth today. I will probably post as I catch up.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Also, whoever said that all the avatars look the same, oh my God, yes!

Thank Epignosis for the player post link list on the front page :)
Assault
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Rachel wrote:Paul, what, to you, is "doing something"?
catching scum man
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

lol I don't understand why people think i am not actually new but ok

what I don't understand more is people putting words on my mouth

I don't know what is done here on d1

if you think I'm bad vote for me since I am not doing this for some kind of cover that's dumb

I would be more than happy to die d1 if it means doing so leads to a town victpry

so why Ruth are you implying I am doing this for cover
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

playing the noob card is a low play

I don't play like that
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

I actually kinda was figuring I would get lynched toDay anyway and you guys are slow to start d1 so why should I sit here and wait while people just mess around
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Paul wrote:lol I don't understand why people think i am not actually new but ok

what I don't understand more is people putting words on my mouth

I don't know what is done here on d1

if you think I'm bad vote for me since I am not doing this for some kind of cover that's dumb

I would be more than happy to die d1 if it means doing so leads to a town victpry

so why Ruth are you implying I am doing this for cover
At first maybe I did, now I think you are doing it for fun is just as likely. I really don't think someone new to our forum would have been so obvious :shrug2:

And glad to see you don't play the noob card, obvious noob person :)

And yes, we tend to think it scares the new playmates away if you kill them right out of the gate. If I am wrong about you, I am sorry. But I don't think I am. But again, doesn't mean you are bad.
Assault
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

maybe people should stop focusing on me being new and actual focus on what I am saying and on catching scum

do you see how many people have been forced to show their hands already by issuing opinions on me let alone others? if so why aren't more of you talking? I don't mean this as condescending or
Anything but it's a genuine question

woah hi Ruth I see your post

hey don't worry about it I'm just playing the game and trying to do my best I think that's all any of us can do

I'm not trying to draw attention to newness but I don't understand how I am expected to know all the customs here
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

I have no interest in talking about me though unless I have to defend myself I may be arrogant but I'm not that arrogant

Ruth what do you think of other players
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Still catching up, I was out of town yesterday. The avatars being so similar is making it hard. Odd how little things can be such a bother. So far still seeing Day One, molehills>mountains. The people suspecting people for talking like Biblical characters & roles are getting my eye a bit.

Are you still happy with your vote for Samuel?
Assault
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Sockys2023 »

I am also voting for Samuel.

There are actually many female-identified socks in this game.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

i guess I'm happy with my vote still idk I am used to changeable votes normally I would change it of I felt my target didn't deserve it but I am not convinced yet that is the case here

wow someone followed me on my vote cool

we should wagon lot and samuel
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Samson why did you follow my vote
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Apologies for being absent for a while, I have been very busy and had to spend the past couple of days away from an internet connection. Will catch up now.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Wow you dears are a little taken back on my opinions and think I'm fake too? I understand this is one of the sock games, but me talking a certain way makes me fake? How do you know I don't talk that way In my daily life? There are new player hunny and I don't think a girl's way of speech deserves any fire. What I meant to clarify by Paul acting fake and forced was, that his posts to me seem like he's purposefully saying "scum, let's catch scum, scum scum scum" many many times as if he's trying very hard to look like he is good to everyone very early in the game. I don't think there is a comparison on the two of us by me naturally calling anyone sweetie or hunny versus someone being over the top saying "they are good, let's catch heathens!" Maybe I'm not used to his style, but I just don't feel good about it and expressed that. I don't even see why this is an issue with me and think you guys are making it an easy way of Heathens to stir up fire.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Martha wrote:Wow you dears are a little taken back on my opinions and think I'm fake too? I understand this is one of the sock games, but me talking a certain way makes me fake? How do you know I don't talk that way In my daily life? There are new player hunny and I don't think a girl's way of speech deserves any fire. What I meant to clarify by Paul acting fake and forced was, that his posts to me seem like he's purposefully saying "scum, let's catch scum, scum scum scum" many many times as if he's trying very hard to look like he is good to everyone very early in the game. I don't think there is a comparison on the two of us by me naturally calling anyone sweetie or hunny versus someone being over the top saying "they are good, let's catch heathens!" Maybe I'm not used to his style, but I just don't feel good about it and expressed that. I don't even see why this is an issue with me and think you guys are making it an easy way of Heathens to stir up fire.
so you still aren't going to issue opinions on any player other than me?
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

why are there so many people who haven't said anything really

I mean it is d1 but come on
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

wagon lot and Samuel

I think that will find scum and scum teammates most atm
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

I'm gonna leave the game for a bit maybe people will talk more
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Martha wrote:Wow you dears are a little taken back on my opinions and think I'm fake too? I understand this is one of the sock games, but me talking a certain way makes me fake? How do you know I don't talk that way In my daily life? There are new player hunny and I don't think a girl's way of speech deserves any fire. What I meant to clarify by Paul acting fake and forced was, that his posts to me seem like he's purposefully saying "scum, let's catch scum, scum scum scum" many many times as if he's trying very hard to look like he is good to everyone very early in the game. I don't think there is a comparison on the two of us by me naturally calling anyone sweetie or hunny versus someone being over the top saying "they are good, let's catch heathens!" Maybe I'm not used to his style, but I just don't feel good about it and expressed that. I don't even see why this is an issue with me and think you guys are making it an easy way of Heathens to stir up fire.
If I recall my bible classes correctly (and odds say that is iffy at best) Martha was a motherly spinster. Just the sort that would call people "Hunny & Sweetie". I took it as you were playing in Biblical character. Several people are, I believe, a few even seemed to be posting in verse. I find nothing suspect about that. I am guessing it will wear off in a few days. As for me, I made my Ruth mother in law joke in the sign up thread.
Assault
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Dry Flood »

Catching up and seeing nothing to get my panties in a twist over yet.

Still looking back.
Golden
Marmot
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Paul wrote:
Rachel wrote:Paul, what, to you, is "doing something"?
catching scum man
How have you done that?
Why are you above everyone else in that regard?
Paul wrote:maybe people should stop focusing on me being new and actual focus on what I am saying and on catching scum

do you see how many people have been forced to show their hands already by issuing opinions on me let alone others? if so why aren't more of you talking? I don't mean this as condescending or

woah hi Ruth I see your post

hey don't worry about it I'm just playing the game and trying to do my best I think that's all any of us can do

I'm not trying to draw attention to newness but I don't understand how I am expected to know all the customs here
I am focussing on what you are saying. I have made several comments about your actual words.

In fact, your complaint is that people are putting words in your mouth. I can sympathize, however, you have done quite the same to others. Here and here you put words in other people's mouths.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I had assumed that Martha was speaking in character tbh.

I also think Ruth's theory about Paul being a regular of the Syndicate was a bit far fetched given the lengths that Paul has gone to.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Paul wrote: do you see how many people have been forced to show their hands already by issuing opinions on me let alone others? if so why aren't more of you talking? I don't mean this as condescending or
It's Sunday. Some of us are busy worshiping the Lorb. :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Jobs”