The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 4)

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:In any case, Aces explicitly survived a lynch and I have a specific role in mind that can do that, and it's not a New Rogue. Timmer what's your theory for why Aces survived? Have you found any tildes to support such a theory?
I know you asked Timmer, but I have two points to make about this. First, people seemed pretty sure that it was Spacedaisy that explicitly survived the lynch, and second, I've seen people survive lynches before, and it generally doesn't involve the whole day resetting.
Well Daisy survived the lynch in a different way than Aces did. She received the most votes, but if you read the lynch post, Aces is the one named in it as surviving the lynch. As far as Daisy's part in this, I'm about to post a short little timeline to present a case...

But yeah I'm not sure about the day resetting, that is bonkers no matter what else happened.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 3)

Post by Turnip Head »

Daisy's last content post before the Day 3 lynch post, after she has received the most votes and is about to be lynched:
Spacedaisy wrote:Just so you know, I was not being shady or manipulative. Was pointing out what I truly suspect and why. Agree or not, whatever. Obviously no one else sees it, but I'm fairly certain myself.
An innocent person who's about to be lynched doesn't need to say they're not being shady or manipulative, because their civvie role would soon be revealed and this would soon be obvious.

Daisy's first post after the lynch post:
Spacedaisy wrote: :shifty:
And maybe I'm reading too much into this but it seems like hard evidence that Daisy knew she wasn't going to die.

No real content between this post and...

The next Day, starting at 10:07pm PST and ending at 11:24pm, Daisy made ten short posts, exactly none of which expressed any reads of players, and only one of which discussed game mechanics.

4 hours before the end of the alternate Day 3, Daisy finally gives her answer about what happened the previous lynch.
Spacedaisy wrote:I thought I knew what had happened during the last lynch right when it did, but it quickly became clear that I was incorrect. So I have no idea who did it, but it wasn't me. And the way the host wrote it makes it pretty clear that it is focused on Aces rather than me. I even talked to him about it just to be sure he realized the votes piled on me at the end. I don't know what happened but it was not because of me.
Acts clueless. Still doesn't give any reads for any players.

7 hours later:
Spacedaisy wrote:I'm sorry I missed this vote guys. Won't happen again.
She missed the vote.

LC questions her as to why she didn't say who she would have voted for in the above post. Note that LC asked why she didn't tell us who she would have voted for, not specifically who she would vote for. Seems important to understand the context Daisy's reply:
Spacedaisy wrote:I honestly don't know. I don't understand where the case on BF even came from, but it's easy to say post result that I wouldn't have voted there so whatever.
I'm guessing the "I honestly don't know" is the answer to LC's "why" question, not the answer to an unasked "Who" question. Still, she's still not saying who she would have voted for :ponder: And all she says is she wouldn't have voted for the lynched civ.

So in conclusion, Daisy had a weird reaction to her imminent death, and then stayed out of the spotlight completely the next Day, and has not yet resurfaced with any suspicions at all.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

Hmm... I read the whole thing as Daisy being the indy with the lynch-switch/lynch survival. So if she knew she wasn't going to die, maybe she switched it to Aces, but he also survived somehow? I agree that there is no way Daisy is civ. But bad? not sure.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

timmer wrote:Hmm... I read the whole thing as Daisy being the indy with the lynch-switch/lynch survival. So if she knew she wasn't going to die, maybe she switched it to Aces, but he also survived somehow? I agree that there is no way Daisy is civ. But bad? not sure.
Fair enough, I was looking for tildes that refer to "extra votes" or something to that effect and couldn't find any, so it could have been a switch, making Daisy the Indy and not Aces.

I think you forgot to answer my question though Timmer. Is there a reason you're voting Bass over Aces today given that Aces is more explicitly connected to Roxy? Are you worried he'll survive again?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Turnip Head wrote: Fair enough, I was looking for tildes that refer to "extra votes" or something to that effect and couldn't find any, so it could have been a switch, making Daisy the Indy and not Aces.

I think you forgot to answer my question though Timmer. Is there a reason you're voting Bass over Aces today given that Aces is more explicitly connected to Roxy? Are you worried he'll survive again?
It's a question of gut. One the one hand I've got Bass' in-thread blatant vouch for Roxy that turned some of the tide (including my own vote) away from her. On the other I've got the fact that Roxy talked of having a mystery btsc partner she wasn't sure of without ever mentioning it was Aces until way deep into the lynch, hen he was literally five minutes from being killed, and then people including me decided to pity his self-vote and move the lynch.

they bot hook bad, and I will not stand in the way of an Aces lynch instead of a Bass lynch at all.

Incidentally, now that I've typed this... I wonder if Aces knew he could save a lynch, as well? Could it be that his entire "poor me" self-vote was because he knew he wouldn't die?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Until five minutes before deadline, Aces was going down, right? And it's not like he was saved by a teammate, I think I'M the one who suggested we move our votes off of him. So Aces would have been expecting to be lynched, so maybe he was fine with self-voting instead of trying to save himself because he knew something was up. Daisy may have bounced it back to him not knowing about that "something"
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The only thing is, if Daisy had a lynch switch, I think it's more likely she would have used it to lynch LC instead of Aces, since it seemed like she suspected LC more and there was that huge kerfuffle where everyone thought Aces was good at the end of that lynch.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Still not sure what's going on, but the people I think I can trust are TH, Timmer, LC and llama. The latter, not because he's being very helpful, but because he's a confirmed detective.

All the rest I'm still on the fence about. While I want to trust SVS, I'm still not sure I can, but she's not one I plan on voting, at least for now.
I never get MM, but he doesn't strike me as too suspicious. Still, he doesn't strike me as someone who's trying to make his intentions clear either.
Rabbit is another one I don't get, but not getting a bad feeling from him just yet.

There's BR who I'm not sure I like the way she's playing this game, but I have no way of telling if it's real life or if it's game related, ie., her being bad.

There's Bullz who most of the time I think is okay, but many people don't, so I don't know if my gut is wrong on this one.

No idea what to think of MP or Devin just yet, so I'm giving it more time.

Bass, SD and Aces are the ones I'm considering voting for. I would really like to hear their defense.
I'm probably forgetting some more people, so I'll check later. I'm in the middle of work.

I won't have much time today, so I hope I'll manage to be here for some discussion at least.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You should think I am a civ :)

Can you tell me, Timmer, within the limits of what is acceptable, if you know why BF thought you & he interacted Night One? Even a yes/no would help me.
Nothing I would call an interaction, really. But if you think of all of the different ways two people could be technically linked in the course of a single mafia night (map btsc, role btsc, someone targets someone else with their night power, stuff like that) then yes, there is a certain something between us that night. And yet no. Because whatever the thing is that was supposed to be.... wasn't. And I have no idea why. Does that fit with what BF may have mentioned? I don't think I can say more than that.
Yes this makes sense. Thanks.

And he went to look for you after our time was up. What else would I have meant? Sometimes people make me feel like I am speaking a different language, when I know I am not ha ha.

Sorry if this is boring you LC :grin:

I will likely switch to Aces or Daisy.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
timmer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You should think I am a civ :)

Can you tell me, Timmer, within the limits of what is acceptable, if you know why BF thought you & he interacted Night One? Even a yes/no would help me.
Nothing I would call an interaction, really. But if you think of all of the different ways two people could be technically linked in the course of a single mafia night (map btsc, role btsc, someone targets someone else with their night power, stuff like that) then yes, there is a certain something between us that night. And yet no. Because whatever the thing is that was supposed to be.... wasn't. And I have no idea why. Does that fit with what BF may have mentioned? I don't think I can say more than that.
Yes this makes sense. Thanks.

And he went to look for you after our time was up. What else would I have meant? Sometimes people make me feel like I am speaking a different language, when I know I am not ha ha.

Sorry if this is boring you LC :grin:

I will likely switch to Aces or Daisy.
Why not Bass? What do you think of him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Because I feel more confident about Daisy and/or Aces being bad :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Edit, mainly because of what happened the other day.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, MM, do you think Roxy was bad?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:Also, MM, do you think Roxy was bad?
Do you think Roxy was bad?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't know, tbh. Timmer was lumping us together as a unit from Day One, and that gives me a touch of Stockholm Syndrome regarding her. I would have much preferred she be lynched than NKed; for me, it would have helped me sort out my feelings re Timmer.

She was making some very strong statements regarding herself, and I am more used to Roxy making more vague implications when she is bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I mainly asked MM becasue I am tending to trust him this game. The thought he had on why try so hard to prove Roxy was bad is the same one I had. It was really the main reason I finally voted for Timmer after suspecting him literally the entire game. Then I reread some notes I had from chat with BF, and decided to see what Timmer would say about that. From my perspective, he said the right thing. Since he did not know what my perspective was (and that is the best I can do re un-vague) that eased my feelings about him quite a bit.

But I still want to hear what MM has to say before I make a decision.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@MR, I forgot to underline this when I asked before~ do fail kills appear in the posts? Sorry if this has been asked, if so i missed it. Thanks :)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Because I feel more confident about Daisy and/or Aces being bad :)
I'm with you on Aces. Daisy has also pinged me with her atypical playstyle this game, but that may not mean anything.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

Im voting aces, since i think he and roxy are bad
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

Long Con wrote:This is all very interesting, and very hard to figure out for spectators.
:srsnod:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

timmer wrote:Hmm... I read the whole thing as Daisy being the indy with the lynch-switch/lynch survival. So if she knew she wasn't going to die, maybe she switched it to Aces, but he also survived somehow? I agree that there is no way Daisy is civ. But bad? not sure.
I find myself agreeing with Timmer on this matter. I also read it as Daisy trying to switch the lynch to someone she thought was bad, and then being genuinely surprised when he survived the lynch. The rest of her responses I'm going to chalk up to being super busy and misreading a simple question. It's quite easy to mix up who and why when skimming.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm going to vote for Aces, as well. He's the one I see the strongest case for, atm. I may switch my vote later if I see something better.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Long Con wrote:This is all very interesting, and very hard to figure out for spectators.
Sorry about that. It was something I needed to know to make an informed vote.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I moved to Aces for now.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Also, MM, do you think Roxy was bad?
I did at one point yes. That was way back around Day 2 or even Day 1. That never really changed, but I haven't given it much thought recently for various reasons, aside from responding to the comments she made Day 3.2, which I didn't like.

But perhaps the Pied Piper can help us out. I don't know if that is against the rules as role-outing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
I'm with you on Aces. Daisy has also pinged me with her atypical playstyle this game, but that may not mean anything.
For what it's worth, Daisy had mentioned to me that she was going to play a more active style this game, and I'm pretty sure she mentioned it before roles were sent out. So I don't think it means anything.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Aces
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Moved my vote to Aces. Thanks for the reply, SVS. I can't wait for postgame to find out what is all about, lol.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Looks like Aces is the man. I'm also comfortable with this vote.

I'm sad because I finally got map BTSC with someone, and they haven't been back for a while. :(
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Must be a nub.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

S~V~S wrote:@MR, I forgot to underline this when I asked before~ do fail kills appear in the posts? Sorry if this has been asked, if so i missed it. Thanks :)
Not unless there was a specific part of the target's role that guaranteed they survived.

Also, an advance warning to everyone. Please keep the map chat references to a minimum. So far, nothing's gotten out of hand, but I want to make sure things stay that way, ok?
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Sorry about that. It was something I needed to know to make an informed vote.
My agreement was to refer to just about everything going on. Seeing as this is technically my first lynch :)

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
For what it's worth, Daisy had mentioned to me that she was going to play a more active style this game, and I'm pretty sure she mentioned it before roles were sent out. So I don't think it means anything.
Except that's not really what happened is it? Daisy said she was going to be more active and talkative on Day 0, and she made 22 posts on Day 0, but she hasn't been very talkative since then. And my whole point against her is that she's dissipated entirely after we failed to lynch her Day 3.

She did push a case against LC but it garnered no support, so maybe that made her apathetic... she said multiple times after that that she doesn't care if we agree with her or not. Not exactly a model civvie attitude.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Except that's not really what happened is it? Daisy said she was going to be more active and talkative on Day 0, and she made 22 posts on Day 0, but she hasn't been very talkative since then. And my whole point against her is that she's dissipated entirely after we failed to lynch her Day 3.

She did push a case against LC but it garnered no support, so maybe that made her apathetic... she said multiple times after that that she doesn't care if we agree with her or not. Not exactly a model civvie attitude.
Less talkative in thread =? BTSC

That's what I'm thinking. But who knows what kind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Has she posted anything during this day period? She could be silenced. I went back several pages and didn't see anything from her.

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

For record, I was not cursed technically, I was mind controlled or some shit. :nicenod:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

I am also going to vote for Aces, I don't think he's civvie. I think Roxy and him were up to something.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I think it's pretty much determined that Aces is going to be the one lynched.
I'm not sure I like the fact that almost everyone is voting for him. Does it mean that the baddies are just not around, or voting for Timmer, or are they in the last voters for him, realizing he's going down anyway, so why not vote that way too and look good. Yet there's another option, which is he's innocent and baddies are voting for him.

I'm leaning on him being baddie, but I want to be sure we're voting for the right person
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Forget it, I'm just going to vote Aces because I'm falling asleep. I"m barely able to write this poist,

I hope we' know what we're doing
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Doesn't seem my vote will matter, so voting Aces anyway.

Sorry, just got home from my exam, and I still have plenty to do to get ready for my SAS crash course starting Monday, other end of the semester stuff, and Daisy's family is coming into town tomorrow. I'll try to give a more proper look at this game when I can, sometime this weekend.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

I also think Aces was up to no good with Roxy, so I am voting for him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So... are Bass and Aces both silenced?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:So... are Bass and Aces both silenced?
And Daisy too? Where are all our suspects?!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

I see I've been talked about again. I've been less active the last few days because I'm working like a mug, nine days straight and I'm trying to prepare for my family to visit at the same time.

I don't care if people agree with me because I'm forming and voicing my own opinions, not trying to start a bandwagon and convince people to vote the way I want. I don't have btsc. And it's no secret that I don't trust aces so I have no problem voting there.

*votes Aces*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm switching my vote to Aces since that seems the clear lynch choice today.

I'll still be busy the next couple days, until Sunday.

Linki: Oh hi Daisy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm voting Aces as well.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi TH. I haven't kept up with the Champions game at all. Perhaps you can fill me in with how that is going (or went) at some point.

But for now, I'm going to bed.
:offtobed:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Day 4: Is This the Darkest Timeline?

Today would be a tragic day for the people of Keystone City. Their glorious hero was about to be wrongfully jailed by those crooked cops over in Central.

AceofSpaces zipped across the city, from patrol to patrol, quickly and efficiently dispatching any armed policeman who stood in his way. Eventually, he stopped and turned arond, only to see that a group of vigilantes had him cornered.

He knew this was how his story would be ending. But the damage was already done. He was to be remembered as a hero, he made sure of that...

AceofSpaces has been lynched. He was Professor Zoom.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to send me PMs.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok I have so stuff to say before I'm NK'ed.
1.Timmer is lying about what happen with Roxy in his BTSC. Roxy was Captian Cold. If you don't believe me look at who Cold killed. It was Donner party mafia all over again. Roxy left a trail for everyone to follow but everyone is to busy eating out of Timmer's hand.
2. Why would I be silenced on night 3? I never get silenced or cursed because I don't post much. I believe Timmer is a new Rouge and was trying to set me up to look bad. So to do that, I get silenced and Timmer goes on this campian about how I must be bad. Everyone listens to him because no one wannts to read back over how everything went down.
3. How would I be linked to Aces? I was one of only a few people that didn't move my vote to SD when Aces had the most votes day 2.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Also Barry Allen should really check Roxy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

Return to “Previous Jobs”