The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 4)

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Also good work on aces everyone.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass, how did you come up with the theory that Rox is Captain Cold?

Once I have more than a few minutes to get into this game, folks, I'm going to make a more proper introduction post with a bunch of thoughts. Hopefully soon. For now, I thought I should at least ask this question.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Well that's rather a relief for me. BIH Aces.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Well that's rather a relief for me. BIH Aces.
Uh, yeah... that, like, the best result we could have had! *hugs llama*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Bass, how did you come up with the theory that Rox is Captain Cold?
And why would Roxy vouch so insistently for Aces if she were Captain Cold?
Roxy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Roxy wrote:No roleclaiming is allowed. Other things were said to understand each other.
What makes you so sure that he wasn't deceiving you? Saying what he knew you wanted to hear? Especially since he was quite under the gun at that point.
Sure he could have deceived me but I just don't think so. There were lots of things said and done to let me know I can trust him.

I really do not want to elaborate the conversation. At this point I have found zero reason not to trust his motives.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

OK I'm confused as hell. This is a baddie role? I thought they where like Indy roles.

I give up trying to understand the roles.

Great result if these are baddies then.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

rabbit8 wrote:

OK I'm confused as hell. This is a baddie role? I thought they where like Indy roles.

Professor Zoom (???????) – He wants to kill the Flash family more than anything else in the world. He’ll search every even night for a Flash. if he finds either Wally or Barry, that Flash will die.

I don't know about the rest of, but given my rather public role, I'm glad he's dead.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

rabbit8 wrote:

This was a great result, yes.

As for Bass... I won't go into specifics because MR asked us not to, but if Roxy was who you say, which would make you a certain other someone, then you wouldn't be going after me and voting me in lynch polls. That's all I've got to say on that.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also good work on aces everyone.
Captain Cold killed DH if I'm not mistaken.

Do you know why?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I understand why llama would want Professor Zoom gone, but Zoom only wanted the Flash family dead, not the Rogues. So wouldn't that mean that he was not a threat to any Rogue group, but only to the two Flashes? Or perhaps all the Detectives?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Professor Zoom (???????) – He wants to kill the Flash family more than anything else in the world. He’ll search every even night for a Flash. if he finds either Wally or Barry, that Flash will die.

I don't know about the rest of, but given my rather public role, I'm glad he's dead.

But technically you're not really a civvie in this game, you're an Indy with a team. This lynch in no way helps me with my win condition. :shrug:

IDK I have more time now and I'm trying to figure this game out.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

By Aces! :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the line between civvies and baddies in this game is rather blurred. I initially thought that the Arch-Villains were the most obvious baddies. I still think they are, but I just realized that we don't actually know what their win condition is.

On second thought, after rereading win conditions, the New Rogues are the most obvious baddie team. Lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

But technically you're not really a civvie in this game, you're an Indy with a team. This lynch in no way helps me with my win condition. :shrug:

It keeps me alive longer, and I am helping you with your win condition (unless you are a New Rogue, that is.)

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:By Aces! :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the line between civvies and baddies in this game is rather blurred. I initially thought that the Arch-Villains were the most obvious baddies. I still think they are, but I just realized that we don't actually know what their win condition is.

On second thought, after rereading win conditions, the New Rogues are the most obvious baddie team. Lol.

I don't think they are a baddie team. I think they each have individual win conditions.
Mister Rearranger wrote:Each of these characters have been The Flash's biggest threat from time-to-time. They have unique conditions for winning that the Rogues are not aware of at this time.
I think these are indy players with no BTSC.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

It keeps me alive longer, and I am helping you with your win condition (unless you are a New Rogue, that is.)

Maybe, or maybe not. You could be NKed or recruited. Either way lynching Aces does not help me win. In fact I don't see anyone who needs that role dead to win EXCEPT the New Rouges (The Baddies).

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Day 4: Is This the Darkest Timeline?

Today would be a tragic day for the people of Keystone City. Their glorious hero was about to be wrongfully jailed by those crooked cops over in Central.

AceofSpaces zipped across the city, from patrol to patrol, quickly and efficiently dispatching any armed policeman who stood in his way. Eventually, he stopped and turned arond, only to see that a group of vigilantes had him cornered.

He knew this was how his story would be ending. But the damage was already done. He was to be remembered as a hero, he made sure of that...

Also, what's with this lynch post? "Tragic day", "glorious hero", "remembered as a hero"... Host, is this part of Professor Zoom's comic storyline for flavour, or....? :confused:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Maybe, or maybe not. You could be NKed or recruited. Either way lynching Aces does not help me win. In fact I don't see anyone who needs that role dead to win EXCEPT the New Rouges (The Baddies).

The way I see it, the Detectives need to take out the New Rogues, just like the Old Rogues need to do. That makes their goals at least Civvie-aligned, so Professor Zoom's goal of killing them was anti-Civvie. If we see the Detectives as Civvies, then they're, like, the BEST Civvies, because they have BTSC, they have info-checking, dead rolechecking, and some other powerful benefits.

And, as a side note, I'd wager that Abra Kadabra rezzed Llama, which I take as a big sign that he is choosing to go with a Civvie-aligned Indy victory. So that's nice.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

rabbit8 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:By Aces! :p

I don't think they are a baddie team. I think they each have individual win conditions.
Mister Rearranger wrote:Each of these characters have been The Flash's biggest threat from time-to-time. They have unique conditions for winning that the Rogues are not aware of at this time.
I think these are indy players with no BTSC.
You have a good point. Then really the only baddies are the New Rogues. I won't feel great about the villains, though, until we know what their win condition is.

So.... Sorry Aces? :confused2:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Edit: *conditions are.*

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

The way I see it, the Detectives need to take out the New Rogues, just like the Old Rogues need to do. That makes their goals at least Civvie-aligned, so Professor Zoom's goal of killing them was anti-Civvie. If we see the Detectives as Civvies, then they're, like, the BEST Civvies, because they have BTSC, they have info-checking, dead rolechecking, and some other powerful benefits.

And, as a side note, I'd wager that Abra Kadabra rezzed Llama, which I take as a big sign that he is choosing to go with a Civvie-aligned Indy victory. So that's nice.
Good points. I was just going over all the win conditions and this meshes very well. So I guess Zoom was a baddie in a sense. But a baddie IMO who had no BTSC. At least from what I can tell.

So a connection between Aces and Roxy IMO is not very likely if we are considering that. Not sure I'm not completely caught up on the thread. But I thought that was part of it. From what I had read it was. Unless they Arch Villains do have BTSC? Do they?

I'm going to be caught up by tonight so I will be asking a lot of questions bitches! :P
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The Detectives have BTSC without it being listed, so the Arch-Villains COULD have BTSC. Makes more sense for the two Zooms to have it than Grodd... although I watched the latest Flash episode last night, and it introduced Gorilla Grodd, and Grodd considered Professor Zoom to be a father to him, so maybe it does make sense for Grodd to be connected in that way. However, I don't believe Grodd is connected to either Reverse Flash in the comics, so I don't see any reason why the host would connect them that much in the game.

I don't read Flash comics, but I did read Grodd's wiki page. It says he has "vast psionic powers", which meshes with the Gorilla in the show last night, so I would assume he is the one mind controlling people.
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

Yes! Great result!
Bye aces, rih proffesor
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:The Detectives have BTSC without it being listed, so the Arch-Villains COULD have BTSC. Makes more sense for the two Zooms to have it than Grodd... although I watched the latest Flash episode last night, and it introduced Gorilla Grodd, and Grodd considered Professor Zoom to be a father to him, so maybe it does make sense for Grodd to be connected in that way. However, I don't believe Grodd is connected to either Reverse Flash in the comics, so I don't see any reason why the host would connect them that much in the game.

I don't read Flash comics, but I did read Grodd's wiki page. It says he has "vast psionic powers", which meshes with the Gorilla in the show last night, so I would assume he is the one mind controlling people.

Oh I did not know the detectives have BTSC. You know this as a fact or assumption?

If so we should for sure lynch Roxy.

I would not base my thoughts on this game on the TV show. It has been very different from the comics. I do love the show though. It has been great.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy is dead already.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

rabbit8 wrote: If so we should for sure lynch Roxy.
Roxy dead, bro.

Host: Can you please update the player list so we know who is dead or alive?

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

lol, sorry I'm still catching up on the thread. I just got to Day 3. :Uhh:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:
Long Con wrote:The Detectives have BTSC without it being listed, so the Arch-Villains COULD have BTSC. Makes more sense for the two Zooms to have it than Grodd... although I watched the latest Flash episode last night, and it introduced Gorilla Grodd, and Grodd considered Professor Zoom to be a father to him, so maybe it does make sense for Grodd to be connected in that way. However, I don't believe Grodd is connected to either Reverse Flash in the comics, so I don't see any reason why the host would connect them that much in the game.

Oh I did not know the detectives have BTSC. You know this as a fact or assumption?

If so we should for sure lynch Roxy.

I would not base my thoughts on this game on the TV show. It has been very different from the comics. I do love the show though. It has been great.
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed Gorilla Grodd last night, and Reverse Flash has been pretty excellent as well.

It's an assumption that I feel pretty confident about. From Magenta's role secret: She is a former love interest of Wally West and has magnetic abilities. She can prevent one lynch during the game. If she does, she will gain BTSC with the Detectives.

That solution hasn't been disproven. I suppose it could have meant that the Detectives and Magenta all gain BTSC at the same time if she prevents a lynch... but nah.

We could just ask Llama. He's outed as Barry Allen due to his King of the Morlocks resurrection, so we all know that he knows for sure if the Detectives have BTSC or not. He hasn't said anything to support or deny that theory yet, so he may be unwilling to reveal it for what I can only assume is a good reason. :shrug2: :srsnod:

Also... it's too late to lynch Roxy. Wally West killed her. Executed without a trial. :haha:

Linki: yeah
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: We could just ask Llama. He's outed as Barry Allen due to his King of the Morlocks resurrection, so we all know that he knows for sure if the Detectives have BTSC or not. He hasn't said anything to support or deny that theory yet, so he may be unwilling to reveal it for what I can only assume is a good reason. :shrug2: :srsnod:
Let me go to my chatzy and ask my BTSC mates whether that's okay to reveal.

Um, no wait, that's... not what I meant to say.

Shoot. :sigh:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

That's a good result, I think.
But the fact that he's not a new rogue means new rogues had no problem lynching him. How is this related to everything Bass and Timmer are saying? I have no clue.

I have a feeling Sophie could be a new Rogue. Her early vote combined with how little she's contributing, makes me feel this is the case.

Since Cold killed last night, it means that he was still alive that night and could be alive now. If Roxy wasn't Cold like Bass claims then either it was DH, or Cold is still alive and should know Bass is lying.

On a side note, I just looked at those who voted for Aces and didn't find my name there. WTF? I swear I voted Aces before I left for the night. The only explanation I have for this is I was literally falling asleep on the computer. Hence this post:
FZ. wrote:Forget it, I'm just going to vote Aces because I'm falling asleep. I"m barely able to write this poist,

I hope we' know what we're doing
I must have forgot to press the submit vote button. :blush: Not that it matters, but I'm sorry
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Just finished watching the Flash episode. I liked it
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

FZ. wrote:That's a good result, I think.

I have a feeling Sophie could be a new Rogue. Her early vote combined with how little she's contributing, makes me feel this is the case.

No, im one of the good guys :srsnod:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Bass, how did you come up with the theory that Rox is Captain Cold?

Once I have more than a few minutes to get into this game, folks, I'm going to make a more proper introduction post with a bunch of thoughts. Hopefully soon. For now, I thought I should at least ask this question.
The reason I think Roxy is Captian Cold is because of Donner Party Mafia. People who had a civvie kill in that game would kill the person they went at the hardest in the thread to prove that they were a civvie. I think Roxy was doing the same thing. She made a case on epi and voted him then captain cold killed him. The after epi was dead Roxy turned her attention to DH and made a case on him and voted him and then Cold iced him. So thats why I think Roxy was Captain Cold.
timmer wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

This was a great result, yes.

As for Bass... I won't go into specifics because MR asked us not to, but if Roxy was who you say, which would make you a certain other someone, then you wouldn't be going after me and voting me in lynch polls. That's all I've got to say on that.
How does Roxy being being Cold make me a certain someone. I just know my mother and I can read the thread.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, knowing your mom as well as I do, you're right, that makes TOTAL sense. I am sort of surprised I did not notice it, too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:Actually, knowing your mom as well as I do, you're right, that makes TOTAL sense. I am sort of surprised I did not notice it, too.
Also I think just like LC and BR's Lost mafia on REV I think Roxy trusted the wrong person in BTSC and timmer took full advantage. I think he tried to frame me because oh my stand on Roxy.
DREAM
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DREAM »

Hello all! I heard there was a need for a replacement and I've come to save the day! :workit:
:workit:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DREAM wrote:Hello all! I heard there was a need for a replacement and I've come to save the day! :workit:
Nice! You need an avatar? :workit: Whatchoo want?
DREAM

Post by DREAM »

Long Con wrote:
DREAM wrote:Hello all! I heard there was a need for a replacement and I've come to save the day! :workit:
Nice! You need an avatar? :workit: Whatchoo want?
:shrug2: I have no idea... :ponder: I forgot how much I missed the smilies! :omg:
:workit:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

rabbit8 wrote:For record, I was not cursed technically, I was mind controlled or some shit. :nicenod:
Do you know what role does this? I couldn't find it in the roles so maybe a secret. I have a suspicion but would like to hear others opinions first.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I've lost count. What is it now, night or day?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:I've lost count. What is it now, night or day?
Night technically ended at 12:50am last night, but are still waiting for the Day post.

I think.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:I've lost count. What is it now, night or day?
Night technically ended at 12:50am last night, but are still waiting for the Day post.

I think.
You are a correct llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

why did bullz self vote?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Hey guys, we had an internet outage around here yesterday. Back now!

If I didn't get you a movement PM, I apologize. I got about halfway through before things went kaput. I'll finish those up now and put the Night Post up around 4 or 5 tonight so we're back on an evening schedule, if that's cool with everyone.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Hey guys, we had an internet outage around here yesterday. Back now!

If I didn't get you a movement PM, I apologize. I got about halfway through before things went kaput. I'll finish those up now and put the Night Post up around 4 or 5 tonight so we're back on an evening schedule, if that's cool with everyone.
That's fine, but I'll only be here tomorrow
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

:yay:

FZ.: Noted! If that's not enough time for you, I could try to get it posted in the next hour or so?

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Welcome to TS! Excited to see you playing again! :hugs: :zombie:
Gro-oo-ovy
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Night 4)

I should probably clarify:

DREAM is replacing Made

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Sophie wrote:why did bullz self vote?
He said that he would the previous day period. I didn't realize he would do it again. He has a plan for revealing baddie(s) that I'm guessing he really wants to happen now.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Night 4)

Post by Draconus »

Fine with me MP!

Welcome DREAM :workit:

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Re: Flash Mafia Polls

AceofSpaces
Sophie (4), Devin the Omniscient (5), S~V~S (6), rabbit8 (7), timmer (8), Long Con (9), Black Rock (10), MovingPictures07 (12), thellama73 (13), Spacedaisy (14), Metalmarsh89 (15), Turnip Head (16) 75%
Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
Bullzeye
Bullzeye (2) 6%
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
FZ.
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Made
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Rabbit8
No votes
Reywas
No votes
Soniji
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Llama
No votes
Timmer
Bass_the_Clever (1), AceofSpaces (11) 13%
Turnip Head
No votes
The Ice Age! (Host, nons, mod)
Mister Rearranger (3)

Return to “Previous Jobs”