Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER III]

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Absalom wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Balaam wrote: You know, you've almost convinced me to test my theory on you. Stoning another civvie would all but guarantee the Heathens or Horsemen win though. :ponder:
This kind of fatalism pings me, especially since it isn't true. Assuming a night kill tonight, a civvie lynch tomorrow, and then another night kill, there would still be 26 players left, only five of which would be Heathens. That's a guaranteed heathen victory? Like fun it is!
I think your assumption that the Horsemen aren't a threat is foolish.
That's ridiculous. I make no such assumption. I've explicitly said I think the Horseman should be considered a threat from the beginning. But I don't have any reason to think the Horsemen are working with the Heathens, or share a win condition. Some Horsemen may have already been killed, and we have not seen a kill from them yet, so I'm assuming they don't have one. That means they shouldn't be counted as part of the Heathen team, and they are just as capable of voting to lynch Heathens as we are.
Sorry for assuming. Guess I've made an ass out of u and me. Well, mostly me. :p As a card-carrying pessimist, I always assume the worst possible odds at all times. I don't believe the Horsemen can win with the civvies. Makes it too hard on the Heathens. Hopefully there is not a win-with-the-Heathens condition in their secrets. Even with two baddie teams working against us, the lack of participation by so many players has me feeling bleak about our odds at conquering evil and winning the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER III]

Post by Epignosis »

10 In those days, there was a simple man named Gideon. 11 On his way home, Gideon met the Egyptian emissary who had beset Paul with serpents. 12 “Pharaoh sounds like failure,” Gideon said. 13 This incensed the emissary, who shouted at Gideon in the Egyptian tongue.
14 But Gideon could not understand the emissary’s words, and his ears heard, “Aiight we gotta cut this out. I'm part of the problem too. We all gotta step up because lets be honest the good guys never win these sock games and it's because we all slack off. 15 Sloth's a sin and an ugly one at that so lets put our game faces on. 16 We only need to lynch 5 of these beancounters and we'll all happily walk hand in hand to noah's ark with smiles on our faces and God's love in our hearts. 17 and maybe we have to deal with these horsemen I mean who knows. but if we pull ourselves together and start really paying attention and participate and have faith in EACH OTHER we can beat these guys. Amen.” 18 Gideon marveled at the sound of the strange words, and did not retaliate when the emissary struck him down. 19 Hagar, a maidservant, witnessed the death of Gideon, but decided in her heart to say nothing about it. 20 What she did was evil in the sight of the Lord, so He put her to death. 21 When the Lord’s anger no longer burned against the people of Sin-d’kaht, He declared, “We are not strangers to love. You know My commands, at home or abroad. 22 A full commitment is what I am thinking of. You will not get this from any other God. I will never forsake you.”
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IV]

Post by dodo »

hmmm....
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Gideon, RIP.
Last edited by Epignosis on Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Long Who?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Either you forgot to blue your text, or you forgot to sign in to your sock account, either way "Certain comebody" you fucked up.

By the way, Gideon? Why? Also RIP
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

Comebody.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Nicodemus wrote:Comebody.
Lol. That is an unfortunate typo
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Gideon was certainly not a kill target I would have expected...

what motivation might people have for that?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm confused by the Night Post. At first I assumed it was Gideon overhearing baddies plotting how to win...
Epignosis wrote:10 In those days, there was a simple man named Gideon. 11 On his way home, Gideon met the Egyptian emissary who had beset Paul with serpents. 12 “Pharaoh sounds like failure,” Gideon said. 13 This incensed the emissary, who shouted at Gideon in the Egyptian tongue.
14 But Gideon could not understand the emissary’s words, and his ears heard, “Aiight we gotta cut this out. I'm part of the problem too. We all gotta step up because lets be honest the good guys never win these sock games and it's because we all slack off. 15 Sloth's a sin and an ugly one at that so lets put our game faces on. 16
...but by the end of it, it almost sounds like civvies talking to each other.
Epignosis wrote:16 We only need to lynch 5 of these beancounters and we'll all happily walk hand in hand to noah's ark with smiles on our faces and God's love in our hearts. 17 and maybe we have to deal with these horsemen I mean who knows. but if we pull ourselves together and start really paying attention and participate and have faith in EACH OTHER we can beat these guys. Amen.”
What did everyone else get out of that?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

My read of it was that he heard all those words from the emissary, not that the emissary said them. The emissary was evidently saying something else. But both parts read as a whole to me, all of it things he would want to hear were he a civ. I don't know if you can understand what I'm saying, I don't feel like I am explaining it too well.
dunya
Turnip Head
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I'm shocked that I don't have more suspicion by now. So this is the life of an unforgivably low poster. :shrug:
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Voting Rachel now because I left it too long and forgot last time.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Pilate, why are you voting Rachel? Also, why are you voting so early? A lot of things can happen before we have to vote that could affect the way you see things.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wow, I've just gotten rickrolled by God. :|

RIP Gideon.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Just a reminder I will be out of the thread tomorrow for a personal reason. Be back on Thursday.
dunya
Turnip Head
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

.....cool story pilate, i'm glad you're playing.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Pilate has 12 posts. Three of which reference me.

The first of which is this:
Pilate wrote:
Deborah wrote:
Rachel wrote: You just happened to pick the most recent event Deborah?
I'll tell you what. Prove to me Cain is civvie and I'll admit to being misguided. If you cannot, then why isn't looking at him just as good as anyone else? I seem to have ruffled some feathers by voting him. Interesting, and telling.
What does it tell you specifically?
He basically joined me in my questioning of Deborah.

The second is this post:
Pilate wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:One more thing that stuck out to me was how Rachel criticised Absalom this Day for criticising Balaam's list-making, with an intention of voting him for that
Absalom wrote:
Pilate wrote:I am not a pirate. Absalom seems especially negative today. I wonder what boils his blood?
No, it's not boils. I wish it were. Anything else would be preferable to this. I hate it. Bah.

Also, I want to lodge a complaint about Balaam's long, irrelevant lists. They make me want to vote for him, frankly.
Rachel wrote:Absalom, wanna elaborate on how that might make him bad? Or are you going to continue to act irrationally and condemn others for doing the same.
although she herself criticised Balaam's list-making on Day 2, with an intention of voting him for that
Rachel wrote:
Balaam wrote:Now then, on to other matters and curiosities. Here are some points to ponder as we close in on the next stoning:

A whopping 13 players have not posted during Day 2. That's 13 out of 32 living players, or 40.625%. Here's who has been playing hooky, how they've voted, and who they've commented +/- on:

<sorry, snipping the actual list>

Anyone see anything to infer from this data?
I might vote for you just because you are trying so so hard to be helpful without doing anything helpful.
Belshazzar, I really think you could be on to something here. I am now most likely to vote for Rachel.
where he basically goes, "+1".

The third is his most recent:
Pilate wrote:Voting Rachel now because I left it too long and forgot last time.
Which I find extraordinarily bizarre.

However, I find this post weird too:
Pilate wrote:I am not a pirate. Absalom seems especially negative today. I wonder what boils his blood?
This wording seems awfully specific. Don't you think?

I don't know if it makes Pilate bad, but I'm certainly unsure of what he is doing.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Ah, I didn't catch that... looks like Pilate might have been hinting at Absalom being the Pharaoh?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, it looks like Modkills are in play. That may not bode well for us. RIP Gideon, RIP Hagar.

Pilate is frustrating in his unwillingness to actually do anything constructive.

You guys, I can't help it, I am all pinged out over Balaam. I just don't trust the guy. I know I'm alone on this, but it's how I feel.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Looks like Balaam got his wish, requiescat in pace Hagar (erm did nobody notice her death?) and Gideon, too. Regarding the latter, seems to me like a change of tactics from the Heathens, from killing active/outspoken players (for heavy wifom potential) to killing a low poster, from which you can make way fewer connections. Gideon suspected Lot and voted Lazarus Day 3, because... well I can't really make sense of his reason, to be honest. Probably because of how Lazarus acted?

Also not much to work with: no new proverb from Solomon and the Disciples have either taken a break or failed entire to find each other the past two Days. "Bah".

Bathsheba doesn't seem to have made any effort to come back after missing completely on Day 3. Makes me feel bad about having given her BOTD.

Pilate's posts and vote for Rachel are very odd. He intended to do the same thing as Mary last Day, which is to vote Rachel based entirely on my observations. In reference to this he now said he's waited too long and forgot to do so (vote her) the other Day. Still I ponder if he isn't enslaved by the Pharaoh.

Regarding his Day 3 comment about Absalom, my impression was that he misunderstood Absalom's negativity, in the sense of not realizing he is under a curse. But I'm intrigued by the "hint" angle as well, though not sure it is the case. For one, there doesn't seem to be a role checker amongst the Righteous, except if it's a secret ability. Jacob, what makes you think Pilate has hinted at Absalom's role?

linki: Modkills? Gideon was night killed. Hagar was the victim of divine judgement. The Lord =/= the Host.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Belshazzar wrote: linki: Modkills? Gideon was night killed. Hagar was the victim of divine judgement. The Lord =/= the Host.
My mistake. I interpreted that as Hagar being killed by the Host for inactivity, but now I see that I was mistaken.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I don't know Absalom's role, that's a dead end way of thinking, think it no more.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Pilate wrote:I don't know Absalom's role, that's a dead end way of thinking, think it no more.
Alright. What shall we make of your vote for Rachel, then?
Supervisor
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I was MIA for a bit, and Rachel was my last suspicion. If I miss another vote, then I'll probably take a Participation Score hit, so I'm playing it safe this time because I have let myself down in the past.

Has the suspicion of Rachel been disproven somehow?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Absalom wrote:Well, it looks like Modkills are in play. That may not bode well for us. RIP Gideon, RIP Hagar.

Pilate is frustrating in his unwillingness to actually do anything constructive.

You guys, I can't help it, I am all pinged out over Balaam. I just don't trust the guy. I know I'm alone on this, but it's how I feel.
Wow, it's almost like Job should be going after Pilate by the same logic he is going after Uzziah-- but isn't. Why?
Pilate wrote:I was MIA for a bit, and Rachel was my last suspicion. If I miss another vote, then I'll probably take a Participation Score hit, so I'm playing it safe this time because I have let myself down in the past.

Has the suspicion of Rachel been disproven somehow?
Have you read the thread, somehow?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

RIP to both Gideon and Hagar :(
Jonathan wrote:My read of it was that he heard all those words from the emissary, not that the emissary said them. The emissary was evidently saying something else. But both parts read as a whole to me, all of it things he would want to hear were he a civ. I don't know if you can understand what I'm saying, I don't feel like I am explaining it too well.
I read it this way, as well.

I'm voting for Pilate because I haven't read the thread but I hope my suspicion hasn't been disproven yet :evileye:

(Not actually voting yet. I would like to be a Productive member of society). Still, he is worth considering.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sorry for coming in late today. Allergies are kicking my ass today. Poor thing. RIPIYWG Gideon and RIP Hagar.
Jonathan wrote:My read of it was that he heard all those words from the emissary, not that the emissary said them. The emissary was evidently saying something else. But both parts read as a whole to me, all of it things he would want to hear were he a civ. I don't know if you can understand what I'm saying, I don't feel like I am explaining it too well.
I think I get what you mean and I think that helps me understand it better.

Pilate wrote:Voting Rachel now because I left it too long and forgot last time.
Oh boy. So missing the last two votes (and the Preface vote ftm) means you should just jump in and act on the last thing you saw 15 hours before the last stoning poll ended?

This is the kind of thing that gets us off on a tangent for half a day, like "Where's Paul?" and Uzziah's "root" post. I don't like it but I also don't know what to make of it.
Absalom wrote:You guys, I can't help it, I am all pinged out over Balaam. I just don't trust the guy. I know I'm alone on this, but it's how I feel.
I'm sorry you feel that way. What can I do to ease your mind?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Belaam, a few days ago you said the following about Job:

"JOB: The Uzziah obsession is a bit annoying and it was intriguing to see Paul turn on him after they were pretty tight Day 1. I'm not ready to vote for him yet. I have a theory about him but I can't elaborate just yet because I don't want to feed him any ideas to fake."

Do you have any further thoughts on him? I think the cases that both Paul and I lined up are quite good and I'm not sure why they haven't garnered the discussion they ought to. Day 3 was ripe with discussion of anything but Job.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:Belaam, a few days ago you said the following about Job:

"JOB: The Uzziah obsession is a bit annoying and it was intriguing to see Paul turn on him after they were pretty tight Day 1. I'm not ready to vote for him yet. I have a theory about him but I can't elaborate just yet because I don't want to feed him any ideas to fake."

Do you have any further thoughts on him? I think the cases that both Paul and I lined up are quite good and I'm not sure why they haven't garnered the discussion they ought to. Day 3 was ripe with discussion of anything but Job.
I still have a theory on Job. I have a theory on Uzziah as well. Catching a baddie could prove my theory wrong about either one of them and make me willing to stone that person. I think discussion of Job died off yesterday because Job kept his trap shut considerably more than any other point in the game. He hasn't shown up yet today but neither have a bunch of other people. At this point I am still agonizing over the bottom half of the post count for everyone left in the game. It's proving difficult to determine who is simply noncommittal to the game and who are lying low enough to be forgotten about for a while.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Belshazzar wrote: Jacob, what makes you think Pilate has hinted at Absalom's role?

"Boils" and "blood." Plagues.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Balaam wrote:
Rachel wrote:Belaam, a few days ago you said the following about Job:

I still have a theory on Job. I have a theory on Uzziah as well. Catching a baddie could prove my theory wrong about either one of them and make me willing to stone that person. I think discussion of Job died off yesterday because Job kept his trap shut considerably more than any other point in the game. He hasn't shown up yet today but neither have a bunch of other people. At this point I am still agonizing over the bottom half of the post count for everyone left in the game. It's proving difficult to determine who is simply noncommittal to the game and who are lying low enough to be forgotten about for a while.
Given Job's early action in the game, would you say that you would think Job is laying low to avoid trouble?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Sorry for coming in late. And RIP Gideon and Hagar.

Rachel, if I were a baddie, I'd make sure to post enough to not be considered laying low, so Job not being here yet, means nothing. He can come in at any minute.
That said, can you state again the reasons you think Job is bad, other then the fact he's focusing on Uzziah? Uzziah is only focusing on Job, how is that different?

I'm still pinged by Lazarus' vote for Absalom last day.
Also, what are people's thoughts on Deborah. Just went to look at her reasons for voting Cain (twice) and Mary. Enough to not look bandwagoning, but something feels off to me there.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

The difference is that Uzziah's focus on Job is revenge, for lack of a better term.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:Given Job's early action in the game, would you say that you would think Job is laying low to avoid trouble?
Hard to say. He certainly pulled back on posting but he also voted super-early again Day 3. He certainly didn't tone down his convictions against Uzziah but he wasn't as vocal about it. Perhaps he felt there wasn't much left for him to say on the matter. That certainly doesn't excuse him from ignoring other issues. Washing your hands of 95% of the game is silly in my opinion. Uzziah is sort of the same. They've certainly put plenty of distance between each other but the rest of us don't seem as interested in taking sides. And by rest of us, I mean the half of the players who are actually participating like we give a crap.

Jeph, I'll have to get back to you on Lazy Lazarus. Time for more allergy meds. :(
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Isaac wrote:The difference is that Uzziah's focus on Job is revenge, for lack of a better term.
Uzziah was first to go after Job. He went as far as to tell Paul on the first day that he caught a baddie for him, or even 2-3, and the first one was Job. So why would he revenge Job?

But I agree that focusing on Uzziah alone makes me doubt Job more. I get that he's still pushing for Uzziah's lynch, especially after watching him escape every lynch and being sure he should be lynched. But you can both do that, and still say what you think of other players as well.

Job, can you please come in and give us some thoughts other than Uzziah?

Ballam, sorry to hear about your allergies. I know how you feel, so I hope the pills help, because they never help me
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Jephthah wrote:Sorry for coming in late. And RIP Gideon and Hagar.

Rachel, if I were a baddie, I'd make sure to post enough to not be considered laying low, so Job not being here yet, means nothing. He can come in at any minute.
That said, can you state again the reasons you think Job is bad, other then the fact he's focusing on Uzziah? Uzziah is only focusing on Job, how is that different?

Also, what are people's thoughts on Deborah. Just went to look at her reasons for voting Cain (twice) and Mary. Enough to not look bandwagoning, but something feels off to me there.
Here's my problem. The is the THIRD time I've resummarized the case. Third time. People either don't care or don't remember. Job is probably laying low enough that people just forget. I'm getting annoyed because I am trying to garner discussion on someone I think is bad and everyone else seems more concerned with voting out "weird" players like Mary Magdeline and Pilate.

If you want my original words, go through the posts yourself. There's a handy page for that at the front of the thread.
Rachel wrote:
Isaac wrote:Can you quote it for me? Idk if I'm allowed to say this but I'm technically Isaac2.0
I can resummarize it.

Job perseverated on the fact that Paul was not posting on Day 2. This read to me as a baddie who really wanted to draw attention to their work. However, in retrospect, I think Job may have been trying to seem civvie by being completely irrelevant in this post. He also has not let go of the extremely weak Uzzaiah suspicion based on zany Day 1 Antics. He repeats he does not have tunnel vision, but has done literally nothing but discuss Uzzaiah. I can pull Paul's case too, if you'd like.
Rachel wrote:
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:Belshazar also suss for that reason, lean scum on him and Ruth. Townreading paul
you said this right before d1 but you have made no real effort to pursue either of these suspects

speaking of Ruth tons of people found her suspicious early on but she fell off everyone's radar what's with that
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I won't cry over a dead horseman either, but to be fair, they will only unleash plagues upon heathens because the sovereign are raptured before their coming.

I don't have a good impression of Lot, I think he is trying to intimidate Paul and squash discussion. As well as find out people's identities, let people be.

I still don't like belshazar in particular for that reason and to a lesser extent Ruth.
oh look another person you said is bad but haven't pursued
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:
Paul wrote:
Balaam wrote:Holy early vote! Got any proof there Paul?
you should read his posts there are only two

the first post is like how cute everyone else is look how awesome and tough I am bitches I am totally scum
This one is pointing out how totally fluff and void of any real content Samuels first two points are. I'm not convinced like Paul seemed to be that he's scum but it was an OK observation.
you seem like you're buddying up to me here just to be buddying since i was not being serious in my initial suspicion of Samuel
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:If I had to vote now it would be for belshazar.

I lean scum on Ruth, Martha and Lot. I've felt a little better about Lot recently though.

Townreading Paul and Jonah.
you never voted any of these four people

instead, you jump on uzziah here
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Rahab wrote:
Uzziah wrote:I'm rooting for the scum.
Oh yeah?
Yeah.
Wifom. No one knows your meta so there's no reason to do it. Which means you have something to hide. I wouldn't mind lynching uzziah. Plus, as someone pointed out, maybe the horsemen voted apocalypse. Uzziah voted that way and I wouldn't be sad to see one leave if that were the case.
which I don't disagree with but you have pursued it over and over and over and over while not really pursuing the suspects you say you suspect
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I saw uzziah worshiping the devil and associating with heathens, so I'm voting there.

Linki, the wifom is the statement he's rooting for the heathens to win.
see? how is this actually scum hunting
Paul wrote:then all throughout d2 you did almost nothing but pursue uzziah aggressively

while uzziah is really f***ing annoying i agree he is not helping solve the game at all, you seem like you are overly concerned with solving the game but you are not actually pulling the trigger on any of your suspects

its a lot like mr. capps in the champions game for any of you who have followed the current game, but i wont say more than that since it hasn't ended
This was Paul's case.
I think it is quite good.

Now, I am really frustrated that people are STILL giving Job the BOTD when this was one of his more recent posts:
Job wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Job wrote:Catch up is tl,dr.

Great job everyone, can we lynch Uzziah now?
What about all your other suspects?
Indeed. My note-taking fell apart Day 2, but on Day 1, you expressed the following:

Suspicious of:
Belshazzar
Ruth
Lot
Nicodemus
Martha
Uzziah

Trusting of:
Paul
Jonah

Where do you stand on them now?
Who cares? Uzziah is bad.
Like... no he is not about to come in and give you wisdom about other players. He literally doesn't care.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

My thoughts are that Pilate is playing very oddly. It seems like he could be a new player almost, but then he said this:
Pilate wrote:I'm shocked that I don't have more suspicion by now. So this is the life of an unforgivably low poster. :shrug:
That statement makes me think he is a seasoned player who usually posts much more than he has this game. Pilate is probably my #1 suspicion right now.

My next two suspicions are Uzziah and Job. I hate to see the back and forth continue on between then just because we are all confused on which of the two to lynch. I think one of them is most likely bad, I just can't put my finger on which. I have voted for Job previously, but reading back I am thinking Uzziah might be the one that needs to go. :ponder:

linki: Well, apparently Rachel is NOT confused and thinks its Job that is bad between the two. And, fwiw, I think Rachel is good :) So maybe I should trust her.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Esther, I know nothing for certain. But I have been trying to have a serious conversation about Job for awhile and that died with Paul.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Hello, good people. I very profusely apologize, but life has still been crazy for me. I know I said I would catch up last night, but I have not yet had the chance.

It will happen tonight, I promise!

Stephen, away!
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Oh, and more thanks to those for your sympathies. My house troubles have been problematic.

What is more problematic to me, however, is how the town has not yet caught a wolf. This is troubling. I will do my best to ensure that we do not continue this terrible streak.

But for now non-mafia endeavors call my name.

Like finding a new house that WON'T explode. That'd be nice.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

RIP Gideon and Hagar.

Sorry you've had to repeat yourself so many times Rachel - I know how annoying that can be. I think you (and looks like Paul) make some good points about Job. I'm a little biased since I tend to agree with Job about Uzziah but maybe that's my inclination to look at the "weirder," stand out players as bad. Out of curiosity, what do you think of the back and forth between them? One bad? Both bad? Something else?

Stephen, I also hope you find a non-exploding house. That would be preferable.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I think at least Job is bad and I have a neutral read on Uzz.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Where is everyone!?!?!?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Who in the world killed me? :evileye:
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Stephen is back, baby!

I do find it most interesting that Paul was killed right after going after Job, and that Job has conveniently avoided solving the game for DAYS now by trying to pin down an easy target in Uzziah.

That said, I can see how Uzziah is making no effort to solve the game. But so are others... (including myself, until now, to be fair).

Lynching a wolf will really break open this game and allow voting records to be examined, but for now it's all too speculative for my taste.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Clearly, a lack of discussion has not helped this game.

Which players does everyone want to talk about?

Having skimmed the thread and since some players are hardly participating (again, including myself), I'm still a bit fuzzy on most players, so is anyone here right now that can discuss the game in real time?
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

This is why we can't have nice things.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Burning questions on my mind:
- Is Job bad? If so, it might clear Uzziah and Rachel. If Job is good, then those two look possibly worse.
- What happened to Job? Why is he posting less? Why less attempts to solve the game?
- What happened to Lot? Same question.
- Paul brought up something interesting, which I noticed again when Rachel quoted his posts... Many players expressed suspicion of Ruth early in the game, even declaring intentions to vote her, yet that has disappeared COMPLETELY. Meanwhile, Ruth has hardly participated. Why is no one talking about her now? :ponder:

Literally, what is the deal with about half of the players right now? It's like no one is trying to win this game.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lunatella »

Rachel wrote:
Jephthah wrote:Sorry for coming in late. And RIP Gideon and Hagar.

Here's my problem. The is the THIRD time I've resummarized the case. Third time. People either don't care or don't remember. Job is probably laying low enough that people just forget. I'm getting annoyed because I am trying to garner discussion on someone I think is bad and everyone else seems more concerned with voting out "weird" players like Mary Magdeline and Pilate.

If you want my original words, go through the posts yourself. There's a handy page for that at the front of the thread.
Rachel wrote:
Isaac wrote:Can you quote it for me? Idk if I'm allowed to say this but I'm technically Isaac2.0
I can resummarize it.

Job perseverated on the fact that Paul was not posting on Day 2. This read to me as a baddie who really wanted to draw attention to their work. However, in retrospect, I think Job may have been trying to seem civvie by being completely irrelevant in this post. He also has not let go of the extremely weak Uzzaiah suspicion based on zany Day 1 Antics. He repeats he does not have tunnel vision, but has done literally nothing but discuss Uzzaiah. I can pull Paul's case too, if you'd like.
Rachel wrote:
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:Belshazar also suss for that reason, lean scum on him and Ruth. Townreading paul
you said this right before d1 but you have made no real effort to pursue either of these suspects

speaking of Ruth tons of people found her suspicious early on but she fell off everyone's radar what's with that
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I won't cry over a dead horseman either, but to be fair, they will only unleash plagues upon heathens because the sovereign are raptured before their coming.

I don't have a good impression of Lot, I think he is trying to intimidate Paul and squash discussion. As well as find out people's identities, let people be.

I still don't like belshazar in particular for that reason and to a lesser extent Ruth.
oh look another person you said is bad but haven't pursued
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:
Paul wrote:
Balaam wrote:Holy early vote! Got any proof there Paul?
you should read his posts there are only two

the first post is like how cute everyone else is look how awesome and tough I am bitches I am totally scum
This one is pointing out how totally fluff and void of any real content Samuels first two points are. I'm not convinced like Paul seemed to be that he's scum but it was an OK observation.
you seem like you're buddying up to me here just to be buddying since i was not being serious in my initial suspicion of Samuel
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:If I had to vote now it would be for belshazar.

I lean scum on Ruth, Martha and Lot. I've felt a little better about Lot recently though.

Townreading Paul and Jonah.
you never voted any of these four people

instead, you jump on uzziah here
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Rahab wrote:
Uzziah wrote:I'm rooting for the scum.
Oh yeah?
Yeah.
Wifom. No one knows your meta so there's no reason to do it. Which means you have something to hide. I wouldn't mind lynching uzziah. Plus, as someone pointed out, maybe the horsemen voted apocalypse. Uzziah voted that way and I wouldn't be sad to see one leave if that were the case.
which I don't disagree with but you have pursued it over and over and over and over while not really pursuing the suspects you say you suspect
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I saw uzziah worshiping the devil and associating with heathens, so I'm voting there.

Linki, the wifom is the statement he's rooting for the heathens to win.
see? how is this actually scum hunting
Paul wrote:then all throughout d2 you did almost nothing but pursue uzziah aggressively

while uzziah is really f***ing annoying i agree he is not helping solve the game at all, you seem like you are overly concerned with solving the game but you are not actually pulling the trigger on any of your suspects

its a lot like mr. capps in the champions game for any of you who have followed the current game, but i wont say more than that since it hasn't ended
This was Paul's case.
I think it is quite good.

Now, I am really frustrated that people are STILL giving Job the BOTD when this was one of his more recent posts:
Job wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Job wrote:Catch up is tl,dr.

Great job everyone, can we lynch Uzziah now?
What about all your other suspects?
Indeed. My note-taking fell apart Day 2, but on Day 1, you expressed the following:

Suspicious of:
Belshazzar
Ruth
Lot
Nicodemus
Martha
Uzziah

Trusting of:
Paul
Jonah

Where do you stand on them now?
Who cares? Uzziah is bad.
Like... no he is not about to come in and give you wisdom about other players. He literally doesn't care.
Let's see... You complain about me hounding on no one but uzziah. But then all you've been talking about for days is me. Then you express the same frustration I am facing, that literally no one is listening and will vote someone else in the end because no one is invested or cares. But yet you don't understand what you're experiencing is exactly what I am facing.

Wisdom about other players? I think Rachel is bad. I think it is ridiculous the ruse she is fronting. But honestly she's right, I just don't care enough. I fought my heart out for a solid day to convince people to vote uzziah and you numbskulls lynch a silenced person.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lunatella »

Rachel wrote:I think at least Job is bad and I have a neutral read on Uzz.
Why have you changed your opinion on him? Why, if you previously thought him to be bad, have you continually found reason not to vote him?
Lunalee
nutella

Return to “Previous Jobs”