Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IV]

Post by Young Lady »

Jonathan wrote:
Belshazzar wrote: Balaam speaks of several theories on what could influence both Job's and Uzziah's obstinate gameplay and I can think what some of them might be myself. Jonah also brought up a theory of their feud "not being of their own making" and, while this may not be clear to all the players, suffice to say I'm also aware of this possibility. The problem, however, is that neither of these cases, if they're true, would force Job and Uzziah to focus solely on each other, instead of performing more than that. And yet, they both aren't doing anything besides that and are not helping in any other way, which is still a very questionable thing.
I'm unsure what you are talking about regarding Jonah's theory of the feud "not being of their own making". That sounds like a forcing role but i didn't see anything in the roles that could force, much less force two players. Am I missing something there? And if they are being forced couldn't the force say they cannot suspect others during the time they were forced? And also this has been going on for days and a force is usually just for a day or a day and a night. So in the end, I'm not sure he's talking about a force or something else. Can you give any kind of clue that doesn't info dump or give your role away?
I doesn't have anyway to do with my role or info dumping on myself or anyone. The reason why I said some players might not understand this has more to do with the fact that most probably are still unaffected or untargeted(...yet). Jonah brought this theory up by suggesting he might also be affected by it (separately), right? I acknowledged that such a theory sounds at least plausible, because ... well, complete the sentence. Clearer now? Since you asked, I believe it's a forcing role that has not been revealed to us (...yet?).
Jonathan wrote:
Belshazzar wrote: Belshazzar you didn't comment on Job specifically in this post and I am most interested in what you think of him. Maybe you commented in another post and i missed it. Job holds the most interest for me to vote but i would like to hear more of his reaction to the cases made against him.
I said I would, but I need to finish some work first. Give me an hour more or so.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

EBWOP: doesn't have anything*, not anyway
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

So no one else is with me on Balaam, huh? Well I don't care. He's my top suspect and I'm voting him, despite his heroic efforts to talk me out of it.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Job wrote:Linki w/ Balaam - dude, you're reading too far into it. Cupid didn't shoot an anti-arrow at me. Uzziah is scummy and I want to lynch him. Ever heard of occams razor? Cute theory but not what is happening.
That's why I said it's a lot of if's but intriguing nonetheless.
Belshazzar wrote:Not just vote. That would be the Pharaoh's doing. Jonah said "feud" and I think that's the better word. It can encompass voting, of course.
Yeah, that's a much more sensible interpretation of it. I was letting my imagination run a little too wild I think.
Jephthah wrote:I'm still waiting to hear your thoughts on Lazarus like you promised Balaam.
Oh crap! I forgot about that since yesterday. Gimme an hour or so- need to get some work done at work today. :P

Absalom wrote:So no one else is with me on Balaam, huh? Well I don't care. He's my top suspect and I'm voting him, despite his heroic efforts to talk me out of it.
Okay. To each his own. :shrug:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Belshazzar wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Belshazzar wrote: Balaam speaks of several theories on what could influence both Job's and Uzziah's obstinate gameplay and I can think what some of them might be myself. Jonah also brought up a theory of their feud "not being of their own making" and, while this may not be clear to all the players, suffice to say I'm also aware of this possibility. The problem, however, is that neither of these cases, if they're true, would force Job and Uzziah to focus solely on each other, instead of performing more than that. And yet, they both aren't doing anything besides that and are not helping in any other way, which is still a very questionable thing.
I'm unsure what you are talking about regarding Jonah's theory of the feud "not being of their own making". That sounds like a forcing role but i didn't see anything in the roles that could force, much less force two players. Am I missing something there? And if they are being forced couldn't the force say they cannot suspect others during the time they were forced? And also this has been going on for days and a force is usually just for a day or a day and a night. So in the end, I'm not sure he's talking about a force or something else. Can you give any kind of clue that doesn't info dump or give your role away?
I doesn't have anyway to do with my role or info dumping on myself or anyone. The reason why I said some players might not understand this has more to do with the fact that most probably are still unaffected or untargeted(...yet). Jonah brought this theory up by suggesting he might also be affected by it (separately), right? I acknowledged that such a theory sounds at least plausible, because ... well, complete the sentence. Clearer now? Since you asked, I believe it's a forcing role that has not been revealed to us (...yet?).
Jonathan wrote:
Belshazzar wrote: Belshazzar you didn't comment on Job specifically in this post and I am most interested in what you think of him. Maybe you commented in another post and i missed it. Job holds the most interest for me to vote but i would like to hear more of his reaction to the cases made against him.
I said I would, but I need to finish some work first. Give me an hour more or so.
Jonathan does have a point though that this has been going of for days. It makes no sense that two players could only accuse each other for so many games. I would really hate playing that game if I were them.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Belshazzar wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Yes I'm clearer now thanks for the post. And sorry didn't notice you said you had to finish some work first before talking about Job.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Partially so, Jeph. Maybe "goes on for days" has a meaning to it. On the other hand, I also wondered in my big post what would stop both Job or Uzziah to focus on other things, suspects, etc. even if they're supposed to hate each other and push for each other's lynch. It doesn't sound like a plausible curse: "Bicker with X. Do nothing else."
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Belshazzar wrote:Partially so, Jeph. Maybe "goes on for days" has a meaning to it. On the other hand, I also wondered in my big post what would stop both Job or Uzziah to focus on other things, suspects, etc. even if they're supposed to hate each other and push for each other's lynch. It doesn't sound like a plausible curse: "Bicker with X. Do nothing else."
No, it doesn't sound like a plausible curse.

Any thoughts on Lazarus? What do you think about his vote for Absalom last day?
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

Balaam wrote:
Job wrote:Linki w/ Balaam - dude, you're reading too far into it. Cupid didn't shoot an anti-arrow at me. Uzziah is scummy and I want to lynch him. Ever heard of occams razor? Cute theory but not what is happening.
Belshazzar wrote:Not just vote. That would be the Pharaoh's doing. Jonah said "feud" and I think that's the better word. It can encompass voting, of course.
Yeah, that's a much more sensible interpretation of it. I was letting my imagination run a little too wild I think.
Jephthah wrote:I'm still waiting to hear your thoughts on Lazarus like you promised Balaam.
Oh crap! I forgot about that since yesterday. Gimme an hour or so- need to get some work done at work today. :P

Absalom wrote:So no one else is with me on Balaam, huh? Well I don't care. He's my top suspect and I'm voting him, despite his heroic efforts to talk me out of it.
Scummy post. :omg:
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Nicodemus wrote:
I don't understand what you see scummy about it.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Jephthah wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:Partially so, Jeph. Maybe "goes on for days" has a meaning to it. On the other hand, I also wondered in my big post what would stop both Job or Uzziah to focus on other things, suspects, etc. even if they're supposed to hate each other and push for each other's lynch. It doesn't sound like a plausible curse: "Bicker with X. Do nothing else."

I've heard "I'm voting X because nothing has changed my read on him" from plenty low posters besides him and I don't appreciate any of them for doing so. He has 13 posts, out of which half an altercation with Mordecai. He accused Absalom on basis of believing Cain was certainly silenced. Then retracted the certainty by saying he just "assumed" things. The accusation would normally be serious, but I think Lazarus rushed to conclusions and then sticked to it, whilst not making any more moves since. May want to lay low, or maybe it's nothing.
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

I will be putting my vote on Absalom. Just the way he has been playing seems kinda shady since day one.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lazarus wrote:I will be putting my vote on Absalom. Just the way he has been playing seems kinda shady since day one.
Wow, talk about timing. :eye:
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lazarus wrote:I will be putting my vote on Absalom. Just the way he has been playing seems kinda shady since day one.
What will you do after Absalom is lynched (let's assume he does)

linki: Yeah
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Jonathan wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:
Pointless, elaborate, massive speculatory distraction, check.

Hollow, drop-of-a-dime suspicion on Laz, checkarino.

Cavalier attitude in the face of suspicion, waiter, check please.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Belshazzar wrote:
Jephthah wrote:

I've heard "I'm voting X because nothing has changed my read on him" from plenty low posters besides him and I don't appreciate any of them for doing so. He has 13 posts, out of which half an altercation with Mordecai. He accused Absalom on basis of believing Cain was certainly silenced. Then retracted the certainty by saying he just "assumed" things. The accusation would normally be serious, but I think Lazarus rushed to conclusions and then sticked to it, whilst not making any more moves since. May want to lay low, or maybe it's nothing.
I'm not trying to lay low I have just not been around as much as I would like. If I was trying to lay low I wouldn't be the only low poster voting someone that no one else is voting for.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Not sure it is Balaam who thought of a way Job could be a civvie doing what he's doing, but as you can see, there are other players going that route. So we're either assuming wrongly, or maybe some players want us to think this is the reason for their vote.

linki: Okay Lazarus. Can you still mention other people you're suspicious of?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Jephthah wrote:
What will you do after Absalom is lynched (let's assume he does)

linki: Yeah
If he is lynched and I am right about him I will re-read his post and see who he looks like he has ties with. The go from there. What will you do if he is lynched and turns up baddie?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Nicodemus wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:

I can see what you're saying.

linki: I did not ask what you would do after finding what he is. Never mind, just wanted to check something. I' guess I'd do the same thing.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Jephthah wrote:Not sure it is Balaam who thought of a way Job could be a civvie doing what he's doing, but as you can see, there are other players going that route. So we're either assuming wrongly, or maybe some players want us to think this is the reason for their vote.

linki: Okay Lazarus. Can you still mention other people you're suspicious of?
Yes I guess I could do that bbut it will have to bbe later.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Always a pleasure to see Lazarus back to his old tricks.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Chuck »

I apologize my friends for not being available the past few days. I'm going to read some posts by those that have votes and come back with some thoughts, if I have any. If someone wants to give me a quick recap, that would suffice too. lol
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Judah wrote:I apologize my friends for not being available the past few days. I'm going to read some posts by those that have votes and come back with some thoughts, if I have any. If someone wants to give me a quick recap, that would suffice too. lol
Recap:
Job and Uzziah hate each other. Rachel thinks Job is bad for having tunnel vision, although some people have suggested that the feud may be an act of War rather than organic. I think Balaam is bad because of his faux-helpful lists and pessimism about the civvies' chances, and Nicodemus agrees for reasons unclear.

Lazarus thinks I'm bad because reasons.

Everyone is busy and not posting.

ImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Absalom wrote:
Judah wrote:I apologize my friends for not being available the past few days. I'm going to read some posts by those that have votes and come back with some thoughts, if I have any. If someone wants to give me a quick recap, that would suffice too. lol
Recap:
Job and Uzziah hate each other. Rachel thinks Job is bad for having tunnel vision, although some people have suggested that the feud may be an act of War rather than organic. I think Balaam is bad because of his faux-helpful lists and pessimism about the civvies' chances, and Nicodemus agrees for reasons unclear.

Wow, you could have saved me so much time...

What do you think of Nicodemus?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I'm having trouble understanding what Nicodemus is up to. Day 1, he takes the "I'll speak when I have something important to say". Day 2, "mulling things over, standby", then offers input on a few matters, then misses the vote. Day 3, total absence, votes Uzziah upon return, no reason except "best case there is", lashes at those not voting Uzziah (me in particular), bitter over Uzziah not being lynched (hands out accusations to me in particular). Day 4, general absence, picks one Balaam post upon return, finds it scummy, votes and here we are.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lazarus is a tricky one to place. His post count suggests just another slackass but he's voted three out of four days now.

The really curious aspect to Lazarus is the timing of his posts. Both Day 2 and Day 3, he made one post partway through the first 24 hours or so of the day. Then he disappears both times until anywhere between two and four hours before the deadline. Today, he eschewed the early one-off post but has shown up mere hours before the deadline. It's a pattern but it's not one that says a whole lot to me yet.

He has voted for Absalom Days 2, 3, and now 4 but has never really said anything about why he is suspicious of him since Day 2. Here are the only times he mentions Absalom:

DAY 2:
Lazarus wrote:Sorry for low participation but it hard for me to get into sock games. Anyways I will be voting Absalom because its uncivvie to vote and push a case on a silenced player.
DAY 4:
I'll have to go back and see who started the Cain train but it would be nice if Lazarus could cite a few more examples of the shady play he thinks Absalom is guilty of. I don't like Lazarus's pattern of showing up late to the party every day nor do I like his like of citations against Absalom. He's in that murky grey area between slackass and suspicious for me right now.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Nicodermus, what happened to your suspicion of Uzziah?
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Where is Barnabas, since Day 1?
Where is Bathsheba, since Day 2?
Where is Malchus, since Day 3?
Where is Rebecca, since Day 3?

These are the only candidates for today for being silenced and/or imprisoned, as far as I can tell.
Supervisor
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Jonathan wrote:Nicodermus, what happened to your suspicion of Uzziah?
Nothing happened to it, I feel Balaam is more important.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nicodemus wrote:
Balaam wrote:

Nicodemus wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:

Point 1- If you guys weren't so chickenshit, we could talk about those sidebar things at night. Seriously, let's all grow a pair and talk more at night. :srsnod:
Point 2- Huh? :confused: Elaborate please.
Point 3- Would you rather I feign outrage that Absalom actually did what he said he would most likely do? He's been saying it throughout Day 4. It's not like he let loose on a drive-by vote.

I can take one vote with a shrug. It happens. Two votes pisses me off a little because we've got some lazy readers who add a vote onto whoever already has votes. I may not be the most powerful civvie but I've got a trick or two up my sleeve.

I hope you're not just going to vote for whichever of us with votes already seems worst. A few others have done that already this game and it doesn't sit well with me when it happens. Please read up on us and determine if any of us deserve a vote. Hopefully you'll see that I don't deserve to die.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Maybe those of you that said it are right about Pilate just being lazy, not bad. But I don't think his posts can be compared to Mary as someone said. Mary was more non-existent. Pilates post are decidedly odd. Also, every player is different. Mary's lynch may not have turned out like we wanted, but that doesn't mean a quiet, odd Pilate is positively civ. It could still go either way.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Balaam wrote:.

And yet, one could argue that Job is Rachel's Uzziah, could they not? For all the complaining some have made about one or two topics dominating the day, no one but Job seems to call Rachel out on her fixation. Granted, her suspicion is based on much more concrete evidence but she's almost got tunnel vision on the matter just like Job does.
I think I destroyed that argument yesterday, Balaam. I showed 20 of my posts where I discussed something other than Job from the point where I brought up a suspicion against Job. I compared that to Job's 2 posts that hadn't been about Uzziah.

I mean, if posting 10x more than him about different matters isn't enough, then I don't know what you'd have me do. I also have been one of the most active people in the game and I do not particularly appreciate people saying they can't distinguish me from Rebecca or Ruth who have done nothing of note in the game.
Balaam wrote:
Rachel wrote:Here's my problem. The is the THIRD time I've resummarized the case. Third time. People either don't care or don't remember. Job is probably laying low enough that people just forget. I'm getting annoyed because I am trying to garner discussion on someone I think is bad and everyone else seems more concerned with voting out "weird" players like Mary Magdeline and Pilate.

If you want my original words, go through the posts yourself. There's a handy page for that at the front of the thread.
Rachel wrote:
Isaac wrote:Can you quote it for me? Idk if I'm allowed to say this but I'm technically Isaac2.0
I can resummarize it.

Job perseverated on the fact that Paul was not posting on Day 2. This read to me as a baddie who really wanted to draw attention to their work. However, in retrospect, I think Job may have been trying to seem civvie by being completely irrelevant in this post. He also has not let go of the extremely weak Uzzaiah suspicion based on zany Day 1 Antics. He repeats he does not have tunnel vision, but has done literally nothing but discuss Uzzaiah. I can pull Paul's case too, if you'd like.
Personally, this is the weakest part of your argument against Job. Job was only the second person to comment on Paul's absence. Job's post came a few hours after Jeph's comment (the first one regarding Paul). I understand that you were suspicious of Job Day 1, but you never satisfactorily explained to me why Job's "Where's Paul?" post is any more suspicious than Jonathan's "Where's Paul?" post that came just 15 or so minutes after Job's post. If it's just because you already suspected Job, then I think you've got blinders on regarding the "Where's Paul" post issue. Look at them again and isolate those posts against any prior suspicions. Does that series of "Where's Paul?" posts look intrinsically suspicious at all? Which ones and why?

Otherwise, your argument against Job's tunnel vision and unwillingness to help is totally legit. My problem is that I have a theory on how Job might be civvie. Granted, I also have a theory that Job and Uzziah could be baddie teammates and they successfully manufactured chasm-like distance between each other. Seriously- if we plan to stone one of the two and the first one comes up baddie, how likely are we to follow up with stoning the second one?
I am not proposing we stone Uzziah at all?
Additionally, I think Jonathan and Jepth's posts were fishy as well, but have not seen other evidence to also indicate their baddiness-- if they are baddie.

Job wrote:Here's my thoughts on Rachel's post.

#1. I didn't try and convince you to stop suspecting me at all by trying to equate our situations. If that is genuinely what you think happened, it is because you really are convinced I am trying to manipulate you. I have better things to do with my time. I'm not out to manipulate anyone because I'm not bad. If I wanted you to stop suspecting me, I would have been present in the thread arguing with you days ago. But lets face it, when I have a choice between logging into this website to banter with you and do something at home with my family, I'm going to choose my family. I actually loathe playing this game because I'm tired of listening to you. RE: why I didn't even bother catching up after my vacation.
Honestly, this is rude and if you have such a problem with me take it to the host and the moderator on duty. Do not try and guilt me out of playing simply because you don't like reading my posts. I will not allow you to publicly shame me like this.

Job wrote:#2. If Uzziah is bad like I believe, you are the most likely teammate. End of story. You have subtly defended him all game and it hasn't gone unnoticed. Ok - you did not vote for Cain. But you still voted for a civvies that day. Sorry sister.
Cool... but I'm not teammates with Uzziah. I am not bad. Your suspicion on me is based on literally nothing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone is as easy to build a case against as Uzziah.
Job wrote:#3. If I had time to do research, I would have used it on researching Uzziah. Sorry if I didn't get my facts straight, but I'm not sure what you were trying to prove. That I have a poor memory? That I didn't catch up last weekend?
That you're mischaracterizing me to try and get me lynched?
Yeah. Pretty simple. Nice try, though.
Job wrote:#4. Sharing my thoughts on anyone besides the person I suspect is pointless. No one is listening to me about the person I'm most confident about, so I don't see what good speculating on another non-lynch candidate will do.
People listened to you. Uzziah almost got lynched. You listed several other suspicions. You have not followed up on ANYONE but Uzziah and now you have NO U'd me.
Job wrote:Though you are starting to convince me to break my oath to only vote Uzziah. I may vote for you instead. Congratulations!
For... what reasons again? Oh right... you hate playing the game because I'm posting. Right because you just don't like me. Fun. You make Mafia FUN!
Nicodemus wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:

I don't really see what you're saying here Nic. Can you elaborate?
Esther wrote:Maybe those of you that said it are right about Pilate just being lazy, not bad. But I don't think his posts can be compared to Mary as someone said. Mary was more non-existent. Pilates post are decidedly odd. Also, every player is different. Mary's lynch may not have turned out like we wanted, but that doesn't mean a quiet, odd Pilate is positively civ. It could still go either way.
Esther, do what you believe is best. :)
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

I voted Job.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Jephthah wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Recap:

Early on I was reading him as very civvie. Now I am not sure. As much as I appreciate his support for my Balaam vote, the suddenness of it and lack of explanation is sort of weird.

ImageImageImage
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Absalom wrote:
Jephthah wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Recap:

Early on I was reading him as very civvie. Now I am not sure. As much as I appreciate his support for my Balaam vote, the suddenness of it and lack of explanation is sort of weird.
I mean, I did explain it.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam, thanks for answering regarding Lazarus. Do you not see a possibility of explaining what he's doing?

Rachel, I get why you feel Job was rude, but I also think maybe he's frustrated. Doesn't excuse being rude, but we've all done things we wish we hadn't out of frustration.
I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to vote for Job. He seems genuine in his frustration. That said, I also feel good about you. I hope this is a civvie vs. civvie thing.

Not sure what to think of Balaam. Mostly, he's one of the most productive players in terms of talking about others, bringing up theories and questioning everyone. But this is what I really expect from a good baddie. A good baddie is never easy to find, so I realize I might be fooled by him. That said, I'm not at a point where I'm remotely ready to vote for him. He's too important to the civvies if he is one.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a moderate to high poster among the baddies. They can't all be low posters lurking in the shadows. I'd love to take out that baddie. Question is, who is it.

The most vocal people, at least the way I view the thread, are Ballam, Balshazar, Rachel and Absalom. None of them look baddie to me at the moment, but I could be wrong.

I don't want to lynch another civvie. I don't know who to vote for
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Rachel, here let me elaborate:

Pointless, elaborate, massive speculatory distraction, check. - The big posts of Balaam that really don't say much (the Horsemen speculation, for example) that make it look as though he's actively contributing, helping, etc. Wall-of-text posts are easy to hide behind.

Hollow, drop-of-a-dime suspicion on Laz, checkarino. - I don't believe for a second he "forgot" about his Lazarus suspicion. If it were genuine, he wouldn't "forget" it. If he were concerned about finding mafia, he would not "forget" to address a suspect, especially if he genuinely felt that the game was in as much jeopardy as he was saying.

Cavalier attitude in the face of suspicion, waiter, check please. - His response to Absalam has read as "Oh yeah I guess you suspect me that's fine dude." Which I don't associate with a civvie who is interested in preventing a town loss.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Nicodemus wrote:Rachel, here let me elaborate:

Pointless, elaborate, massive speculatory distraction, check. - The big posts of Balaam that really don't say much (the Horsemen speculation, for example) that make it look as though he's actively contributing, helping, etc. Wall-of-text posts are easy to hide behind.

Hollow, drop-of-a-dime suspicion on Laz, checkarino. - I don't believe for a second he "forgot" about his Lazarus suspicion. If it were genuine, he wouldn't "forget" it. If he were concerned about finding mafia, he would not "forget" to address a suspect, especially if he genuinely felt that the game was in as much jeopardy as he was saying.

Cavalier attitude in the face of suspicion, waiter, check please. - His response to Absalam has read as "Oh yeah I guess you suspect me that's fine dude." Which I don't associate with a civvie who is interested in preventing a town loss.
He didn't forget to talk about his suspect. I asked him to tell me what he thought about Lazarus, and yesterday he said he'll get back to me. I don't know if he forgot, but he didn't get back to me, so I asked him today to do so, and he did
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Balaam wrote:

He said he forgot about it.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Nicodemus wrote:Rachel, here let me elaborate:

Now that's a good explanation. I agree with all of this.

ImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jephthah wrote:Balaam, thanks for answering regarding Lazarus. Do you not see a possibility of explaining what he's doing?
From his posting pattern- no. From other things, perhaps. That's why I'm conflicted on him still.
Nicodemus wrote:Hollow, drop-of-a-dime suspicion on Laz, checkarino. - I don't believe for a second he "forgot" about his Lazarus suspicion. If it were genuine, he wouldn't "forget" it. If he were concerned about finding mafia, he would not "forget" to address a suspect, especially if he genuinely felt that the game was in as much jeopardy as he was saying.
It was honest-to-goodness forgetting. Allergies had me in a bad place yesterday.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Nicodemus wrote:
Balaam wrote:

He said he forgot about it.
Forgot to get back to me, not to talk about his own suspect
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Well he damn sure didn't forget to get back to you about a peach cobbler recipe.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam wrote:
Jephthah wrote:Balaam, thanks for answering regarding Lazarus. Do you not see a possibility of explaining what he's doing?
From his posting pattern- no. From other things, perhaps. That's why I'm conflicted on him still.
He didn't vote on the first day, and ever since, has been voting for Absalom
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jephthah wrote:
Balaam wrote:
He didn't vote on the first day, and ever since, has been voting for Absalom
Do you want me to just say it? I mean, wouldn't that make him a target if it's true?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Nicodemus wrote:Well he damn sure didn't forget to get back to you about a peach cobbler recipe.
:rolleyes:
The emphasis is that it wasn't someone he was talking about, but rather someone I talked about and asked people to give me their opinions on. He said he'll get back to me later on that.
Whatever.

linki: No, I want you to say what you think of Job when considering this. I thought that's what you thought of Job
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

I just spent the better part of an hour tearing apart the voting results, and I have no noteworthy patterns to use in determining who could be a heathen. Normally there is something noticeable, like 2 or more people ALWAYS voting together, but I have nothing. The only things that stand out are players making consecutive votes on the same player day after day such as Lazarus voting for Absalom 3 straight days, the results of Job vs Uzziah voting for one another without fail, and that Belshazzar still hasnt broken the trend I initially thought of him being on the popular vote choice every single poll since preface.

I'm going to really start digging into the people who havent been posting practically at all. Especially if today's lynch turns up a civ. We've been looking at the people who are talking, and 3 days of that has gotten us nothing but mislynches.

For now though, due to lack of a better alternative, I am going to stick with my opinion from yesterday and vote for Lazarus once more. He still seems bad to me, though I find myself second guessing that decision somewhat.

Work schedule is still kinda nuts. Havent been able to monitor the game 24/7 like I usually try to :(
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jephthah wrote:linki: No, I want you to say what you think of Job when considering this. I thought that's what you thought of Job
Job and Lazarus both fit that profile but I have Job down as another possibility as well.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'm leaning towards thinking Rachel and Job could be civ-and-civ. They both seem genuine, and could just both be wrong in their suspicions of each other.

I'm really liking Nico's and Absalom's points about Balaam. Especially the first one -- Balaam has done a good job of making plenty of posts that look helpful but are really just fluff. Could be a baddie trying to hide in plain sight.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Stephen is here! Let the thread rejoice.

Catching up now.

Return to “Previous Jobs”