Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VI]

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Now 3 more there would be swell, k?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Jephthah wrote:
Balaam wrote:Hey Isaac, since you were interested in talking earlier, riddle me this:

You say now that you wish you could pull back your vote on Rachel. If you were still able to vote, who are your top 2 or 3 suspects as of right now?

linki: Jeph- Yeah, I think we are too. I'm just THAT big of a data person that 16th v. 12th bugs me. it drives what few friends I have left bonkers. :blush:
I'll add another question to this. Isaac, do you now think Rachel is a civvie or is it just that you're not as sure, but still feel she's more bad?
I'm glad you asked this Jeph, I can answer both of you in one post. I'm keeping Rachel near the top of my suspect list. Even though I could still see her potentially flipping bad, I feel terrible for the way I reacted to her post yesterday, and I apologize for that. So I would definitely move my vote to Ruth today if I could. The case on her seems pretty strong, and I would feel most comfortable putting my vote there.
I will also be keeping an eye on Pilate's voting style (not necessarily his pattern :P ). I haven't been a big fan of his, but for now :eye:

Sorry to be short and sweet. Meeting up with some friends shortly.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

I will need to go to bed soon (stupid early morning), so I'll go ahead and vote.

I don't feel strongly about either Rachel or Ruth. I think the more compelling case is Ruth but I agree with Jacob that it is more likely she actually was against Uzziah, given the circumstances of being against him beforehand, so I'll give her the BOTD today. That being said, and because I'd like to finally shut off my computer for today, I think I'll go again the weirdo route.
Jacob wrote:Lazarus and Pilate both think Absalom is bad. What is the reasoning behind that?

Also, Laz has been voting Absalom for several days, to the extent that he's not contributing to the lynches at all. I find this post incredibly suspicious:
Lazarus wrote:So I'm catching up now. I really want to keep voting absalom till he is lynched but the list could also be a big help finding out who was on uzziah's team.
He's not at all enthusiastic about hunting for Uzz's teammates, he has this tunnel vision about Absalom. Meanwhile, Pilate insists that Absalom is in fact Uzziah's teammate. What to make of all this? I have sort of low-key trusted Absalom for most of the game, but if someone has evidence against him I will listen; otherwise I think Lazarus and maybe Pilate as well are full of BS.
While I don't entirely trust Absalom, I agree that Lazarus has been going after him like crazy without explanation (I know, I'm repeating myself, but it bugs the crap outta me), and Pilate's just been straight up weird with votes and behavior (also said before). This same thing happened with Uzziah and leaving him alone and it took us until Day 5 to catch him standing right in front of us. I feel more strongly about either of these two, mostly because I've been able to brood about it for longer, and since Pilate's already got a vote, I'll go ahead and put mine there.

And with that, goodnight, good people.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

What happened to night time? I expected day to have started today. :confused2: Nice job on Uzziah, I guess sometimes when someone says they are routing for the baddies, they mean it, lol? I will never understand why some players decode to bring such a spotlight onto themselves. .. so I will try to catch up once the kids are asleep, I wasn't expecting such a deadline.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Deborah wrote:What happened to night time? I expected day to have started today. :confused2: Nice job on Uzziah, I guess sometimes when someone says they are routing for the baddies, they mean it, lol? I will never understand why some players decode to bring such a spotlight onto themselves. ..so I will try to catch up once the kids are asleep, I wasn't expecting such a deadline.
An hour left on the clock, mind you...
Supervisor
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I know I been having a case of tunnel vision towards Absalom but I really think the guys is bad look at the Cain lynch he lead. If someone is taking heat and lurking and not saying anything there is a good chance they are silenced.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Belshazzar wrote:
Deborah wrote:What happened to night time? I expected day to have started today. :confused2: Nice job on Uzziah, I guess sometimes when someone says they are routing for the baddies, they mean it, lol? I will never understand why some players decode to bring such a spotlight onto themselves. ..so I will try to catch up once the kids are asleep, I wasn't expecting such a deadline.
An hour left on the clock, mind you...
Yes, I see that, I won't have time for a proper catchup. I will try to find the car on the top vote getters and I will have to make a snap decision. :(
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Isaac 1.0
damning (under normal circumstances) vote Day 1 (pushed Samson in front 3-2)
absence of any read on Uzziah until Day 3 (notably, he made a solid catch-up post on Day 1, with multi-quote replies on a lot of people, but nothing on Uzziah; went with his Samson ping a day and a post after)
suspicions thrown in throughout the game (and their alive/dead status, by their color): Martha, Samson
+
Isaac 2.0
hard to say vote Day 3 (tied Job with Uzziah, but neither were lynched and the Mary train formed later on)
late vote Day 5 (hardly influencing the lynch anymore or seeming like a distance, but see below on his reasoning)

damning defense of Uzziah Day 3 (sides with Paul and Rachel's case on Job, plus said Uzziah "is least likely to turn up heathen at this point" and his rooting for scum is too daring to be true, then act self-aware of his defensive post and backs away)
damning defense of Uzziah Day 5, upon voting for Jeph

suspicions thrown in throughout the game (and their alive/dead status, by their color): Lot, Pilate (Day 4-5), Ruth (Day 6), Job, Mary
inquisitive but without assuming anything: Bathsheba, Lazarus, Ruth (until Day 6), Pilate (Day 3), Rachel
trust list: Absalom, Balaam, Uzziah

Day 6
latches on to Jeph's argument for not wagoning on Uzziah (despite thinking Jeph is bad and having voted him Day 5...?)
tantrum at Rachel and Lot, votes for Rachel
apologetic rebuttals, reads Lot as civ
can't vouch for Isaac 1.0
either I missed it or he hasn't offered/attempted to read on suspects or on what Uzziah's flip can tells us about others (except for Rachel, but more as a defensive rebuttal, and for being OK with a Ruth lynch, at Lot's suggestion) - LINKI EDIT: Rachel still suspect, would join Ruth wagon, eyeballs Pilate

bottom line: votes look bad, defense of Uzziah paints him very bad, I don't really get what exactly he can't vouch for Isaac 1.0 (it's not about 1.0's actions, it's about vouching that he wasn't and he himself isn't a baddie, right?). The only thing that gives me mixed feelings is his tantrum + apologetic sequence. Everything except the apology twist shouts 'cornered baddie", but a good part of the apology feels rather genuine acknowledgment of having misunderstood certain posts and that he rushed to conclusion and to his early vote.

Jacob

damning vote Day 1 (further pushed Samson in front 4-2 to Uzziah)
damning vote Day 3 (built up Mary's lynch 2-3 against Uzziah)
no votes Days 2 & 4 (no pressure days for Uzziah)
missed vote Day 5

absence of any read on Uzziah until Day 3
damning defence of Uzziah Day 3
root for Uzziah or Jephthat lynch Day 5 (aka the two wagons)

suspicions thrown in throughout the game (and their alive/dead status, by their color): Balaam, Jeph, Rachel (Day 6), Martha, Paul, Samson, Mary
inquisitive but without assuming anything: nobody in particular
trust list: Absalom, Job, Rachel (until Day 6?), Uzziah

Day 6
rebuttal: in essence, acknowledgment of bad record, but says he never noticed Uzziah votes and debate for the most part, always voted stronger candidate, not mild suspects
second rebuttal: his record looks bad, but it's all an unfortunate backfire
researching Mordecai (finds his defense genuine), intrigued by Ruth case (but finds here posts exonerating), still suspicious of Rachel and Jeph

bottom line: votes look bad, attitude towards Uzziah looks worse, all his suspects up to day 5 are dead, only plus side he never hunted down Job. Vouches for his record looking just bad and nothing more, but also insists Uzziah was for him never above a "mild case". Doesn't find Ruth a likely suspect, but instead his interest is piqued by what's being said about Rachel, then upon re-read maintains mixed feelings about her. Frankly, his Rachel suspicion or waryness looks a bit sudden. I'm considering a vote for him today, tbh

Ruth
late vote for Cain Day 1 (Cain being already second wagon, but Samson way ahead, on its way to being lynched)
imprisoned? Day 2 (would have voted Uzziah)
damning vote Day 3 (late push for Mary's lynch, but also a refusal to tie Uzziah up with her)
lone Uzziah vote Day 4
Uzziah vote Day 5 (pushed him ahead 6-3 vs Jeph, I think)

criticism towards Cain being lynched Day 2, although she voted Cain Day 1
consistent suspicious reads of Uzziah throughout the game, however
damning defense of Uzziah Day 3 (flip from him to Mary within short time and without any solid reasoning offered, damning reasoning for voting Mary and not tying her and Uzziah at that stage of the lynch voting)

suspicions thrown in throughout the game (and their alive/dead status, by their color): Balaam?, Deborah, Pilate (later), Cain, Mary, Uzziah
inquisitive but without assuming anything: Pilate (early), Paul
trust list: Job, Samson

Day 6
absent! (silencing not plausible because of consecutive Days)

bottom line: votes not entirely bad, but what a mess on Day 3; attitude towards Uzziah - devil's advocate version: total distancing; normal read version: true conviction that he's bad. Day 3 still a mess, though. Most of her suspects now dead, the ones alive were actually bare on "wary" level. Redeemable, just like Jacob, by never hunting or suspecting Job. All her game, upon re-read, in terms of reads and such, seems however severly non-comittal.

Regarding her Day 5 lynch (and timing of it) for Uzziah, I think it can still fall under sacrificing him - moreover, I mean to say the theory shouldn't be dismissed. I don't think the evidence on her is as bad as Jacob's and Isaac's, but I think the impact of her Day 3 actions make her accountable - Uzziah could've been lynched on that day and she influenced it. Plus, if we are to conjecture that Uzziah's teammates must be not just those who defended him or pivoted for a different lynch, but who also took convincing distance for him, then she would still be a candidate.
Supervisor
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Why is day ending so early?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

I know I been having a case of tunnel vision towards Absalom but I really think the guys is bad look at the Cain lynch he lead. If someone is taking heat and lurking and not saying anything there is a good chance they are silenced.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lazarus wrote:I know I been having a case of tunnel vision towards Absalom but I really think the guys is bad look at the Cain lynch he lead. If someone is taking heat and lurking and not saying anything there is a good chance they are silenced.
Pilate wrote:I know I been having a case of tunnel vision towards Absalom but I really think the guys is bad look at the Cain lynch he lead. If someone is taking heat and lurking and not saying anything there is a good chance they are silenced.
I'm not drunk right now, so I have to ask... the hell?
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Deborah wrote:Why is day ending so early?
There was no Night. This Day is ending normally, after a regular 48 hours phase.
Supervisor
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Why did Pilate and Lazarus just make identical posts? ??? WTF?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Belshazzar wrote:
There was no Night. This Day is ending normally, after a regular 48 hours phase.
Oh, thanks, I really need to keep up. Pilate/Laz, wtf?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I think Pilate read my mind.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Lazarus wrote:I think Pilate read my mind.
Had you meant to reply to his post?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Deborah wrote:What happened to night time? I expected day to have started today. :confused2: Nice job on Uzziah, I guess sometimes when someone says they are routing for the baddies, they mean it, lol? I will never understand why some players decode to bring such a spotlight onto themselves. .. so I will try to catch up once the kids are asleep, I wasn't expecting such a deadline.
Why didn't you bother to check the Stoning Post for a result? Perhaps you already knew what was going to happen? Either way, weak.

Joshua is still alive. As long as he is alive, Night Phase is skipped when we stone a Heathen.

Deborah wrote:Why did Pilate and Lazarus just make identical posts? ??? WTF?
WTF indeed.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Deborah wrote:
Yeah
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I have decided not vote Ruth because of the point Jacob brought forward about her. I am going to vote Jacob because of some of the things Balaam brought up about him in his post. Jacob said he thought Uzziah was an easy target which sounds to me like a soft defense. He also has only had two votes this entire time, affecting the ability to read him better. I don't know if anyone else will vote Jacob but Jacob if you are not lynched please try your hardest to be here and vote when it's time to vote. The fact that you're not here just makes you look like you are avoiding us so we can't get to know your thoughts better.

linki - what is going on re: Pilate and Lazarus? I may hold my vote until thats straightened out.
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Lazarus wrote:
Deborah wrote:
Yeah
Well what was your reply?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I meant to quote and say I agree with it.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Deborah wrote:
Deborah, why are you giving him a possible explanation? Let him answer the questions.
dunya
Turnip Head
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

All I can say is that if noone else got any more votes from now I can only assume Absalom would be lynched.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lot wrote:All I can say is that if noone else got any more votes from now I can only assume Absalom would be lynched.
Oh shit.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:
Lot wrote:All I can say is that if noone else got any more votes from now I can only assume Absalom would be lynched.
Oh shit.
Indeed.

Whatcha thinking Belsh?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Lazarus, what did you mean by this?
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Im being pushy because I don't have time to be patient. Fact is, this feels like a slip up to me. But at the same time, Pilate pushed hard against Uzziah didn't he? I think that two could be horsemen, but that's not really the target. .. g a h.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If Laz is Simon, then I think his vote would be worth 5 today, potentially making it 6 votes for Abs atm.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

See my post, Balaam. Torn between Jacob and Ruth. Jacob looks worse, but not completely irredeemable and he falls strictly under "Uzziah defender" type. Ruth may have influenced Day 3, when Uzziah could actually have been lynched and we would be looking at a different picture right now, but her actions back then make no sense (except for a stringent saving instinct) and there's not much else, other than that, to fully convict her.

linki: A slip up of what? Pilate and Lazarus being twins?
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Deborah wrote:Im being pushy because I don't have time to be patient. Fact is, this feels like a slip up to me. But at the same time, Pilate pushed hard against Uzziah didn't he? I think that two could be horsemen, but that's not really the target. .. g a h.
What makes you think horseman instead of heathen?
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:See my post, Balaam. Torn between Jacob and Ruth. Jacob looks worse, but not completely irredeemable and he falls strictly under "Uzziah defender" type. Ruth may have influenced Day 3, when Uzziah could actually have been lynched and we would be looking at a different picture right now, but her actions back then make no sense (except for a stringent saving instinct) and there's not much else, other than that, to fully convict her.

I'm torn between Jacob, Ruth, and Deborah.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam wrote:
If Laz is Simon, then I think his vote would be worth 5 today, potentially making it 6 votes for Abs atm.
Was there really any need to state that so openly?
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ok, I'm still going to vote for Jacob though I think we're not quite to the bottom of this pilate/lazarus thing.
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Jonathan wrote:
Deborah wrote:Im being pushy because I don't have time to be patient. Fact is, this feels like a slip up to me. But at the same time, Pilate pushed hard against Uzziah didn't he? I think that two could be horsemen, but that's not really the target. .. g a h.
Pilate was strongly against uzziah. Whatever he is, he can't be a heathen. Unless he gunned for his own teammate with little provocation. I don't think it's likely.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Deborah wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Pilate was strongly against uzziah. Whatever he is, he can't be a heathen. Unless he gunned for his own teammate with little provocation. I don't think it's likely.
ok that makes sense. I'm not sure what to think of lazarus.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:See my post, Balaam. Torn between Jacob and Ruth. Jacob looks worse, but not completely irredeemable and he falls strictly under "Uzziah defender" type. Ruth may have influenced Day 3, when Uzziah could actually have been lynched and we would be looking at a different picture right now, but her actions back then make no sense (except for a stringent saving instinct) and there's not much else, other than that, to fully convict her.

I'm torn between Jacob, Ruth, and Deborah.
I have no more time to fully re-read Deborah, but I'm also pinged that she went from offering reads on everyone Day 5 back to obliviousness about the consecutive Day and high alert catchup posts.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Was there really any need to state that so openly?
The foreplay is getting old. The only people who probably wouldn't have that figured out by now are Bathsheba, Judah, and Deborah.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

im out of time and from what I can gather laz/pilate is not something to actually worry about, so I will go with your case on the previous page against Jacob. Is as good as anything I will find and I have to stop ignoring my kids.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

And Hagar...

Fair point though, the baddies probably already had it in mind and didn't NK him because Absalom isn't heathen.

I still prefer not to say it openly, but oh well. It's done.

I still think Absalom could be horseman, but we don't skip a night by lynching a horseman.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I'm inclined to vote Jacob, tbh, but this won't do at all, if Absalom is currently doomed.

linki @ Balaam: Yeah, dude, but bad guyz.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Surprised Jonah has been MIA today. We could have used his input.

Belsh, want to test the Laz theory?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam wrote:Surprised Jonah has been MIA today. We could have used his input.

In what way?
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lot wrote:And Hagar...

Fair point though, the baddies probably already had it in mind and didn't NK him because Absalom isn't heathen.

I still think Absalom could be horseman, but we don't skip a night by lynching a horseman.
But it shouldn't count as a civvie lynch on our countdown to another smiting, should it?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:

In what way?
Do you want to leave Absalom at risk or push Ruth to a technical tie?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Catching up-- saw that I needed to vote to save myself, probably. Voted Ruth. Will post more in a bit.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam wrote:
Lot wrote:And Hagar...

But it shouldn't count as a civvie lynch on our countdown to another smiting, should it?
No.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:

In what way?
I'd go with the second, especially if what Lot about it proving Absalom isn't a Heathen makes sense, then I wouldn't want Absalom lynched.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wow Belshazzar you got a lot wrong about me. I never defended Uzziah nor said I trusted him -- where in the world did you get that from? I made that one post when I thought he was an "easy target" but as I said that was my honest take on the situation. As others (Mordecai?) have said the original reasons Uzz was suspected were kinda weak and he was a backburner suspect, and I was just saying that I was prioritizing stronger suspicions. I absolutely never defended him nor said I trusted him. I also never really trusted Rachel, I mentioned once that I kinda thought she and Job were civ-on-civ but I was never sure. Also you missed Lot and Balaam on my trust list.

I am very confused about this stuff with Laz and Pilate but it seems Laz is hinting that he's Simon -- given his voting habits that would make sense. So I hope he is not wrong about Absalom. Very odd that he and Pilate posted copies though. :confused:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

I feel pretty equally ambivalent/very slightly positive about both Absalom and Ruth and don't really want to vote for either of them, so I'm voting Rachel.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:

In what way?
I'd go with the second, especially if what Lot about it proving Absalom isn't a Heathen makes sense, then I wouldn't want Absalom lynched.
Alright, then I'll vote Ruth.

Return to “Previous Jobs”