The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Anyway, my read on sanmateo, since it's the only one I haven't read yet.

The fact that he is being active and suspecting of me is a good thing, as opposed to what I said about MP. But I don't like how he is tunneling on me hard. I've hardly seen him talking about anyone else, and I'd like to see his opinions on other people. It gives me some scum deja-vus. May be a townie whos got a strong belief that I'm scum and wants to pursue that, or may be a scummy wanting to tunnel on the resident "townie who talks a lot" so he can fill his post quota. Either way, considering multiple people seem to be suspecting him, his possible scum strategy doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, I like what Golden said about wanting other people to talk. Including we 4 newbies and MP, only 5 people have talked this night. The other 14 (including Golden who only showed up now) have been silent. Where are the others? There's no point in talking this much if most of the scum is conveniently lurking as the townies and maybe 1-2 scum argue with each other.
this post drew the ire of Epignosis and perhaps others, particularly for the second "paragraph". here's why i don't agree with the negative assessment: detractors are focusing on the "maybe 1-2 scum" bit instead of the larger point being made. DDL is suggesting that regardless of the alignments of 5 players being discussed, it is bad for town for those players to be the sole focus of everyone else. and that's absolutely correct. even if he were to narrow his focus to that pool of 5 as Epi suggested he should have, he'd then be ignoring the vast majority of the player population. he'd have a decent shot at 1 scum that might not even be there in that pool of 5 and no chance at reading any other scum outside the pool. that's not a good idea and DDL recognized that.
I didn't suggest that DDL should have done any such thing. Please don't twist what I said.
you suggested he should have within the context of DDL's mindset at your portrayed it. so yes, you could say that context isn't representative of your own ideal scenario. but you didn't say it then so i proceeded as i did with my commentary.

do you take any issue with my defense of DDL in general? you're his biggest detractor right now and i am probably his biggest defender. so we would apparently disagree on a lot.
You act as though I haven't been defending him constantly.
why did you need to assert that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Has anyone considered that G-Man is pulling a gambit, isn't actually cursed, and is skating by on Day 1?

Why did a couple of players automatically dismiss any future suspicion of him assuming he's cursed?
:shrug2: Nothing to find him suspicious of today and don't like to vote cursed players. He doesn't get a free pass the whole game though.
I don't disagree. I just was throwing it out there. I don't have any reason to suspect G-Man; I just find it interesting that people will blatantly consider a vote for someone putting themselves out there (like DDL, Jay, or myself, for example), but will not consider one for G-Man, even though we have absolutely no explanation for his behavior and he could very well be faking it.
Yes, that is the post I was referring to where you called it interesting.
I don't understand your question then.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Things aren't looking good for MP.
How?

Like every other Day 1? What a surprise.
I noticed you were responding to people in rapid succession. I've been wanting to test this with you when we were both online at the same time. So I posted what I did to see how long it would take you to respond to me.

It took you almost twenty minutes.

And no, you haven't commented on my DDL suspicion. You talked about DDL. But not my points against him. Tsk tsk.

Why did it take you twenty minutes to get back to me when I threw a curveball at you?

Were you making a sandwich? Taking a shit? We're all friends here. :feb:
Why did it take me twenty minutes? I've been talking with Annie, eating dinner, and "working" on SAS code.

I didn't realize you wanted to start a real time discussion.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

can someone restate the case on golden? i read thru their posts and didnt get anything particularly scummy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why would I not?

I don't need to assert anything, I choose to.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why would I not?

that one post made me feel so much better about ddl and so much worse about you, it straight up looks like buddying. am i being dumb again here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why would I not?

that one post made me feel so much better about ddl and so much worse about you, it straight up looks like buddying. am i being dumb again here?
How is that possible?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How?

I noticed you were responding to people in rapid succession. I've been wanting to test this with you when we were both online at the same time. So I posted what I did to see how long it would take you to respond to me.

And no, you haven't commented on my DDL suspicion. You talked about DDL. But not my points against him. Tsk tsk.

Why did it take you twenty minutes to get back to me when I threw a curveball at you?

Why did it take me twenty minutes? I've been talking with Annie, eating dinner, and "working" on SAS code.

It's 9 fucking 40 in Texas. You were eating dinner, talking to Annie, and working on SAS code in 20 minutes?

What was for dinner? Who cooked it? What SAS code were you working on?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I only know the Konami Code myself. :shifty:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How?

It's 9 fucking 40 in Texas. You were eating dinner, talking to Annie, and working on SAS code in 20 minutes?

What was for dinner? Who cooked it? What SAS code were you working on?
You think I'm lying?

Bean dip. Annie. Choi et al 2010 replication paper, I'm identifying what variables I need to pull from Compustat and Audit Analytics (or trying to, but slowly getting there).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullshit.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How?

He was making sexy time. :workit:

Linki: Not that kind. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's not bullshit. I don't lie about RL. This is absolutely absurd.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Has anyone considered that G-Man is pulling a gambit, isn't actually cursed, and is skating by on Day 1?

Why did a couple of players automatically dismiss any future suspicion of him assuming he's cursed?
:shrug2: Nothing to find him suspicious of today and don't like to vote cursed players. He doesn't get a free pass the whole game though.
I don't disagree. I just was throwing it out there. I don't have any reason to suspect G-Man; I just find it interesting that people will blatantly consider a vote for someone putting themselves out there (like DDL, Jay, or myself, for example), but will not consider one for G-Man, even though we have absolutely no explanation for his behavior and he could very well be faking it.
Yes, that is the post I was referring to where you called it interesting.
I don't understand your question then.
I will readdress it when Epignosis is done finished playing L.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll admit I could be wrong about DDL but I'm sticking to my guns on this one for now because nothing you or anyone has said has changed my mind.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

DDL - I have a reputation for being one of the best baddie hunters around. You haven't seen me play yet, so I don't know why you would judge my meta based on a description of it.

No, I didn't find a lot to be suspicious of in the walls of text. Honestly I find this game exhausting for how little content there is in the walls of text, and anything I might have found had already been talked out ad nauseum. Each to their own methods - I'm not finding others suspicious just because of their play style. If you don't like the way I play, too bad. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last.

Let me make one thing very clear - I'm not going to play a different way because you find me suspicious. I play my way.

Also, Epi just triggered my bullshit alarm, literally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 1 ISO - Epignosis
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:is it possible to see the poll results before having submitted a vote? i see the "view results" button, but i don't wanna click it if it cancels my ability to vote -- it would on an RYM poll.
Stop being a coward! :feb:
playful poking of the new loud guy. i dig it. i want to bring up the adverb nonsense, but others insist that's his Thing, so i'll leave it alone. RYMers: that reminds me so much of ScumDougall.
Epignosis wrote:I think Dragon is bad news. He's leaving himself little outs that he can use later.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 76#p142976

That post right there says he isn't voting anyone because ten people haven't talked.

Now that's an odd thing to say, isn't it? I get the culture is different, but if he knows the votes can't be changed, then what difference does it make if over half of the player base hasn't posted? Why comment on the fact? Isn't that true for everyone?

I like the cut of JaggedJimmyJay's Jib. He gets a pass from me Day 1. Bravo. :beer:
now i hate to gripe about a post which features complimentary remarks about good ol' me, but i'm afraid i must. his criticism of DDL here strikes me as completely unfair. DDL said he didn't want to place a vote because a lot of people hadn't posted yet. what's wrong with that? shouldn't a person with only one vote want to hear from everyone before making a final decision? Epi is correct that this problem affects every player equally, but i don't think that makes it inherently suspicious for someone to say it. i could have easily said the same thing, especially if i was being pressed about my suspicions/potential vote.
Epignosis wrote:In context, DDL said this before the post to which I linked. If this is DLL's assumption, that there are 1-2 Mafia in the group of five, and he himself isn't one of them, then that means there is 1 or 2 Mafia in a group of 4. One would think, then, that this would make his job as a civilian much easier: Figure out who the active Mafia is/are in that small group. You can only lynch one Mafia at a time anyway, so why not work out who the active one is and lynch him?

If that scenario is not what DDL believes, then why even say it?

This leaves me with the impression that DDL is the active Mafia in the group.
i already stated my beef with this. i don't think the logic proposed by Epi here is sound, and again i side with DDL before him. this kind of thing looks very manipulative to me, because Epi has done an effective job of twisting the image of DDL's post to make a lot less sense than i think they make.
Epignosis wrote:I want to steal a page from 3J's playbook:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epignosis: his activity is kind of weird, with very little posts, but containing sharp accusations. Seems to be more like player style than actual scumminess. I'm leaning town, but not much.

sanmateo: I swear this guy seems to have the interpretation skills of a rock. Nobody in this thread has demanded more effort from me to make my posts understood than this guy, because anything I say, ANYTHING, he understands wrong. Plus, he hasn't done anything in this game other than accusing me. Yesterday his excuse for that was that I was the only active player he knew, but now most people have been active and he is still tunneling on me. Feels like scum, but I can't believe scum would be that bad. He is attracting heat from others and for a good reason. I'm reading him as a misguided townie. A VERY misguided townie.
I have done little else but analyze DDL's posts and I haven't accused anyone of being Mafia but him. So it is strange, then, that DLL is "leaning town, but not much" on me, but makes it clear that he thinks sanmateo is "a misguided townie. A VERY misguided townie."

If you are "leaning town" on me, then wouldn't I also be misguided?

But I don't think you read me, DDL. You claim I have "very little posts." I'm assuming you mean that I have "very few posts" and not very tiny posts. I have sixteen posts of varying sizes, anyway. Your claim is that these posts contain "sharp accusations."

I hope others reread me. Do you all think I have sharp accusations? I see only one (my tenth post) that I've held onto since yesterday evening (posts 14 & 15, and now this here 17). These sharp accusation(s) (I don't see how the plural form of the word is warranted) you, DDL, chalk up to "player style." That sounds like a subtle way to dismiss my accusation of you, which is my only accusation to date.
this comparison Epi has drawn to sanmateo (both of them being vocal opponents of DDL in the thread) is valid only for that parenthetical bit i just typed. DDL's positive read of sanmateo was built upon the notion that sanmateo wasn't understanding his defenses more than sanmateo being suspicious of him.

(i know you're no rock sanmateo. you're more like The Rock, and you're going to open a can of whoop ass. uh, sorry i'm an idiot).

and actually it occurs to me now that Epi is proposing a discrepancy that doesn't even exist. DDL called sanmateo a "misguided townie". and he said he read Epi as "leaning town". so the only difference in terms is the word "misguided", which i find pretty unimportant frankly. this also strikes me as manipulative.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My point was that DDL has said a lot that doesn't mean anything. If he really believed there were one or two "scum" in a group of five, he should have behaved appropriately.
and Epi's suggestion was that the "appropriate behavior" would have been DDL limiting his focus to those 5 players and isolating the mafia among them. i'd call that an ill-advised strategy. and you (Epi) denied this being his intended suggestion a moment ago, so is this then a concession that you did mean he should have played it that way within the context of his own comment?

overall i read Epignosis as being dangerously manipulative. since his entire post history until very recently has been DDL-centric, any read of him would seem to hinge on DDL's alignment. i read DDL positively so i naturally read Epignosis negatively. if i end up wrong about DDL then i might change my mind.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why would I not?

How is that possible?
well, there is nothing inherently wrong about defending another player in day 1 but that you quoted an ongoing conversation exclusively to say that you have indeed been defending a player who has attracted a lot of suspicion so far feels really off to me. like you really want people to not forget that you were on his side in an scenario where he got lynched and flipped town.

i could understand it if your attitude ddl had been misrepresented but that wasnt the case, was it?
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

meant to say "if your attitude towards ddl"

gahhh, let me edit
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:DDL - I have a reputation for being one of the best baddie hunters around. You haven't seen me play yet, so I don't know why you would judge my meta based on a description of it.

No, I didn't find a lot to be suspicious of in the walls of text. Honestly I find this game exhausting for how little content there is in the walls of text, and anything I might have found had already been talked out ad nauseum. Each to their own methods - I'm not finding others suspicious just because of their play style. If you don't like the way I play, too bad. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last.

Let me make one thing very clear - I'm not going to play a different way because you find me suspicious. I play my way.

You want something to happen okay.

Votes Golden

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

this all-sides interrogation of MP strikes me as a distraction. people have developed obvious suspicion of him and he hasn't alleviated it seemingly (for better or for worse). i'll see how i feel shortly when i assess MP's posts, but i don't like the extremely narrow focus of this thread right now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It's not bullshit. I don't lie about RL. This is absolutely absurd.
Bean dip is not supper. :suspish:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why would I not?

How is that possible?
well, there is nothing inherently wrong about defending another player in day 1 but that you quoted an ongoing conversation exclusively to say that you have indeed been defending a player who has attracted a lot of suspicion so far feels really off to me. like you really want people to not forget that you were on his side in an scenario where he got lynched and flipped town.

i could understand it if your attitude ddl had been misrepresented but that wasnt the case, was it?
Oh, fair enough. Well, I didn't think of it that way. If it makes me look bad, that's fine, but I just didn't understand why Jay was repeatedly implying he was DDL's only defender when DDL specifically found me to be bad earlier for defending him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also MP, just curious:

http://www.yeastgenome.org/reference/S0 ... 1/overview

That's a biology paper. Who is Choi in the accounting field?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:DDL - I have a reputation for being one of the best baddie hunters around. You haven't seen me play yet, so I don't know why you would judge my meta based on a description of it.

Votes Golden
Why did you do this?

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:It's not bullshit. I don't lie about RL. This is absolutely absurd.
Bean dip is not supper. :suspish:
It's what we ate. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Also, Epi just triggered my bullshit alarm, literally.
You really should see someone about that. :consoling:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

:sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

Epignosis wrote:Also MP, just curious:

this is some next level scumhunting
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Votes Golden
Why did you do this?
It's my idea of fun.

Linki: :consoling:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Since you really seem to want to know, I'm replicating "Audit Office Size, Audit Quality, and Audit Pricing" by Jong-Hang Choi, Chansog Kim, Jeong-Bon Kim, and Yoonseok Zang. It was published in Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory. In 2010.

Variables include: |DA|, AFEE, OFSIZE, BIG4, INDSPEC, BTM, CFO, CHGSALE, EMPLOY, EXORD, FOREIGN, INVREC, ISSUE, LAGACCR, LEV, LNTA, LOSS, NAS, NBS, NGS, and ROA.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:overall i read Epignosis as being dangerously manipulative.
Oh you're quick.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I seriously do not know what the hell is going on in this thread at the moment.

Metalmarsh, seriously, why did you vote for someone who already received a vote? That can't possibly be your explanation.

Epi, do you think I'm lying or not? Stop fucking with me. This is an absolute waste of time.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Black Rock »

Holy crap guys, I hate catching up on 4-5 pages at a time because I can't properly absorb all the information. How about on days I have catering jobs we post less? :grin:

I have a personal announcement that is half green and half ontopic. My internet, after months of crappy service, seems to be good. We will see after the next rain storm. Some of you may have heard me bitch about it in the past forever games. So I should be able to check in and shit while LC is working.

Anyways back to the game, I am now forced to take the top talked about and my own little pings and read each of them one by one. This is the only way I will be able to absorb each individual.

I will explain my MP post. Yes it does look like a defense. I don't consider it a defense because I was just stating fact as I seen it. I often don't explain everything going on in my mind, I like to keep my cards close to the vest. I only commented on it because I thought Elohcin's reasoning was off and it pinged me. I was waiting to see more before I announced her as a suspicion. I am very surprised that Splints thought I was suspicious because of this. She knows my play style better than most people playing this game. I'll be watching her as well.

linki: WTF MM? You'll be the first one I am reading.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I seriously do not know what the hell is going on in this thread at the moment.

Metalmarsh, seriously, why did you vote for someone who already received a vote? That can't possibly be your explanation.

Epi, do you think I'm lying or not? Stop fucking with me. This is an absolute waste of time.
What explanation would you like? I can come up with another that would satisfy your incredulity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Since you really seem to want to know, I'm replicating "Audit Office Size, Audit Quality, and Audit Pricing" by Jong-Hang Choi, Chansog Kim, Jeong-Bon Kim, and Yoonseok Zang. It was published in Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory. In 2010.

Variables include: |DA|, AFEE, OFSIZE, BIG4, INDSPEC, BTM, CFO, CHGSALE, EMPLOY, EXORD, FOREIGN, INVREC, ISSUE, LAGACCR, LEV, LNTA, LOSS, NAS, NBS, NGS, and ROA.
Holy shit that's boring.

A lot to put your mind on in 20 minutes while you're also eating your bean dip and conversing with your fiancee.

I mean, it's not even 20 minutes, since you have to read what people say in order to respond online.

You're a more talented fellow than I.

:suspish:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I seriously do not know what the hell is going on in this thread at the moment.

What explanation would you like? I can come up with another that would satisfy your incredulity.
:disappoint:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Holy shit that's boring.

A lot to put your mind on in 20 minutes while you're also eating your bean dip and conversing with your fiancee.

I mean, it's not even 20 minutes, since you have to read what people say in order to respond online.

Precisely why I haven't accomplished anything productive most of the evening and why I need to stop wasting my time.

If you think I'm lying about something as trivial as RL, by all means, vote for me, but that will somehow rank in the most absurd accusations ever leveled against me, and that says something.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

what is happening, help
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 1 ISO - fingersplints

there is a decent amount of content in her 9 posts, but i find myself struggling to find something to talk about. and that in itself is a little troubling. my only big disagreements with things she's said have been about irrelevant Mafia rules/theory. if there's any trend to be identified, it's that she's filled her early post history with some "helpful tidbits" about the metas of other Syndicateers.
fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Anyway, I am leaning civ on Epi, Golden, MM, Splints, and Jimmy. I am not sure about San, Sloo, DDL, MP, and BR.
BR's defense of MP definitely caught my eye. Especially in a one mafia set up. If she was bad, I mean he could be a indy but she would know he was more likely to be good.

@JJJ - Golden hasn't played mafia in years, and recently returned. I think he's been killed relatively early in all the games since his return, so that could be why he thinks new players are in danger of being lynched early. Personally, unless one of you slips up bad or something, I do not plan on voting for any of you.
Golden in this case and
fingersplints wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I can't decide if I find Tiny Bubbles' lurking to be scummy or not. They've admitted to being nervous about saying anything at all, which would ordinarily would look very scummy but I am not familiar with them as a player or the Mafia Culture they come from. That said, regardless of anything that level of intense lurking is the easiest way for scum to hide without drawing any attention to themselves.
She has only played once before, and it was on a site that had never had mafia before.
TinyBubbles in this case.

otherwise she hasn't really taken any stances or gotten involved. i'd like to see more. null read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 ISO - G-Man

there's nothing to say really. one either believes his current picture shtick as a curse or one does not. i don't know enough about The Syndicate to make that call. i think it's valid to wonder if the potential WIFOM gains are enough to motivate a mafia player to do this. but i also refuse to give him a free pass. null read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

what is happening, help
I would assume he's fishing for responses or actually does suspect Golden and is withholding his reasoning, but either way is unhealthy for civilians at this point, and a terrible use of a permanent Day 1 vote.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:overall i read Epignosis as being dangerously manipulative.
Oh you're quick.
i choose the second one:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

At the moment I'm bothered and tired, which certainly aren't good emotions to accompany mafia playing, and RL demands my attention more at the moment, so I'll return to update my Rainbow List reads tomorrow. Sorry folks. That said, I had more time in this thread today than I anticipated... but I'll be paying for it the rest of this week.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Holy shit that's boring.

Precisely why I haven't accomplished anything productive most of the evening and why I need to stop wasting my time.

If you think I'm lying about something as trivial as RL, by all means, vote for me, but that will somehow rank in the most absurd accusations ever leveled against me, and that says something.
Your real life is trivial? Can't be.

Yes, I think you're full of shit.

You were here with rapid fire answers to things.

When I pointed out that you had said nothing about my case on DDL, it took you almost 20 minutes to reply.

Your answer to me was that you were

1) Eating supper
2) Talking to Annie (could happen simultaneously, I'll grant you)
3) Involved in complex Academia

Now, 1 & 2 can happen together. I eat and talk to my wife every evening (and I don't make bean dip for supper but that's another issue :suspish: )

But you want me to believe that 1, 2 & 3 happened in 20 minutes, a 20 minute window that would have required you to ALSO be reading the thread and ALSO be responding to people? I note that you didn't just respond to me. You responded (sometimes within the minute) to others. That indicates that you were actually on your computer reading the thread.

I don't believe you. No sir, I don't.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

what is happening, help
I would assume he's fishing for responses or actually does suspect Golden and is withholding his reasoning, but either way is unhealthy for civilians at this point, and a terrible use of a permanent Day 1 vote.
agreed, read thru mm's posts to see if i had missed a case but they actually agreed with whatever golden was saying a couple of times
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:this all-sides interrogation of MP strikes me as a distraction. people have developed obvious suspicion of him and he hasn't alleviated it seemingly (for better or for worse). i'll see how i feel shortly when i assess MP's posts, but i don't like the extremely narrow focus of this thread right now.
You don't like anything I do. :meany:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Your real life is trivial? Can't be.

Yes, I think you're full of shit.

You were here with rapid fire answers to things.

When I pointed out that you had said nothing about my case on DDL, it took you almost 20 minutes to reply.

Your answer to me was that you were

1) Eating supper
2) Talking to Annie (could happen simultaneously, I'll grant you)
3) Involved in complex Academia

Now, 1 & 2 can happen together. I eat and talk to my wife every evening (and I don't make bean dip for supper but that's another issue :suspish: )

But you want me to believe that 1, 2 & 3 happened in 20 minutes, a 20 minute window that would have required you to ALSO be reading the thread and ALSO be responding to people? I note that you didn't just respond to me. You responded (sometimes within the minute) to others. That indicates that you were actually on your computer reading the thread.

I don't believe you. No sir, I don't.
You couldn't be any more fucking wrong.

I've been sitting here for hours working on updating my spreadsheet on which variables I need to pull that correspond to the variables defined in the paper (for example, AFEE is log of audit fees, the simplest variable by far, and thus I need to pull "AUDIT_FEES" from the Audit Analytics Audit Fee subdatabase).

So I've been working on it, but in the past hour or two? I've made practically no progress because I've been busy being addicted here and then getting sucked into a ridiculous conversation.

I was catching up on the thread after eating and talking with Annie, yes.

This is just... I can't even.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm gone now. Wow. Just vote me, Epi.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:this all-sides interrogation of MP strikes me as a distraction. people have developed obvious suspicion of him and he hasn't alleviated it seemingly (for better or for worse). i'll see how i feel shortly when i assess MP's posts, but i don't like the extremely narrow focus of this thread right now.
i thought you were manipulative with DDL and now i think you're just plain full of it with MP. so yeah you're probably my top suspect. shrug.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

what is happening, help
What would withholding his reasons accomplish?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
i thought you were manipulative with DDL and now i think you're just plain full of it with MP. so yeah you're probably my top suspect. shrug.
Good to know where you stand.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”