Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VII]

Post by Young Lady »

Bass, how hard is it to put your sock on? You mess it up almost every day, now.

And since I made this OT post, is the non-players poll telling of which players have left the scene? Simple curiosity.

to say something more on topic, Pilate's vote is pretty much as crappy as usual from him. Don't see the connection with Absalom. Apparently he dropped Absalom off his list just like he dropped Rachel after two Days of voting her (or intending to).
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Okay I have to go now. I'm voting for Rebecca. I think either she or Mordecai could be bad but I've been less certain of Mordecai.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Jacob and Jonathan voting together. Real subtle, guys. Why do I have such a sinking feeling about this lynch?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Wow bass really? Come on dude get it together.

Absalom I understand you might not be a heathen but you still could be a horsemen.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Nevermind, that was Geoff not Jonathan. As KISS said, I think I'm going blind.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lazarus wrote:Wow bass really? Come on dude get it together.

Absalom I understand you might not be a heathen but you still could be a horsemen.
Really? You're going to vote for someone who has been helping you find bad guys because I might be a horseman? Anyone might be a horseman. What makes you think I am?

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Jacob wrote:Okay I have to go now. I'm voting for Rebecca. I think either she or Mordecai could be bad but I've been less certain of Mordecai.
Jacob
In Topic
Search these results: Rebecca
Search found 1 match

My eyes couldn't roll further away in my skull right now.

Do you need the Horsemen dead to win?
Supervisor
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

I agree with Absalom's thoughts on Jonathan. I'm voting there!
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

The shady day one vote. Day one can tell a lot about someone . You have been helping find heathens this is true but have you found any horsemen? Do you have any leads on who might be a horsemen? Who do you think is more dangerous the heathens or the horsemen??
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Belshazzar wrote:Mordecai's post confuses me more than not.
Mordecai wrote:Going over my notes, I noticed that when Ruth voted for Absalom, if she had voted for Rachel instead it would have tied the vote. In a situation where a heathen is facing a lynch, why would they not try to tie the vote so they dont die? Because of the gamble that Absalom may have received a quintuple vote from Lazarus, thus standing on the lynch chopping table at that point. Ruth clearly stated this is how she saw her way out of the lynch.

I'm wondering if by voting for Absalom, Ruth was actually trying to make Absalom look more civ. In the same way that a baddie's suspect reads become mostly void, Ruth's vote could be read like that as a baddie normally doesnt vote for another baddie unless the lynch is basically guaranteed. Could be, but this is honestly the most "reverse psychology" theory I've read so far on the votes. Further emphasized by that with Ruth's death, we skip another night phase. [color=#BF40B]And?[/color] It could have been a desperation attempt to break the cycle. Well, yeah, that's the point of her trying to get herself out of the lynch, isn't it? But that would paint Absalom bad...?

Nothing very interesting from her vote pattern either. She voted alongside Deborah and Belaam Days one and 3, after not voting day 2. Voted Uzziah day 4 because she had previously called out that vote. Essentially had no choice but to double down on Uzziah day 5.
So her confirmed blatant save for Uzziah day 3 was "nothing very interesting"?

What's the point of this post being almost entirely an analysis of Ruth, anyway? We have to analyse confirmed baddies in order to come up with other possible baddies and you've thrown in only Absalom, in a rather twisty logic and nothing besides that.
I see that sharing your thoughts, regardless of context, is frowned upon in these parts. I guess I'll stop doing that and keep it to myself again since clearly nobody gives a shit about my opinion. :disappoint:

"It's confusing so it's worthless why did you even bother?" Whatever dude.

The day 3 Uzziah save was pretty easy to see. As you have stated by referring to it as "confirmed blatant" save, I dont see why you take issue with me not rehashing something most people should have noticed already.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lazarus wrote:The shady day one vote. Day one can tell a lot about someone . You have been helping find heathens this is true but have you found any horsemen? Do you have any leads on who might be a horsemen? Who do you think is more dangerous the heathens or the horsemen??
What was so shady about my Day 1 vote?
Have you found any horsemen? Has anyone?
I don't know how I would have suspicions about who might be a horseman, since I don't know what their powers are or if they have BTSC.
Well, I specifically require the Heathens dead to win, and they explicitly have a kill, neither of which is true for the Horsemen, so I gotta go Heathens.

This sucks so much. I am a dead man walking because ONE player won't listen to reason.

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Mordecai wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:Mordecai's post confuses me more than not.
Mordecai wrote:Going over my notes, I noticed that when Ruth voted for Absalom, if she had voted for Rachel instead it would have tied the vote. In a situation where a heathen is facing a lynch, why would they not try to tie the vote so they dont die? Because of the gamble that Absalom may have received a quintuple vote from Lazarus, thus standing on the lynch chopping table at that point. Ruth clearly stated this is how she saw her way out of the lynch.

I'm wondering if by voting for Absalom, Ruth was actually trying to make Absalom look more civ. In the same way that a baddie's suspect reads become mostly void, Ruth's vote could be read like that as a baddie normally doesnt vote for another baddie unless the lynch is basically guaranteed. Could be, but this is honestly the most "reverse psychology" theory I've read so far on the votes. Further emphasized by that with Ruth's death, we skip another night phase. [color=#BF40B]And?[/color] It could have been a desperation attempt to break the cycle. Well, yeah, that's the point of her trying to get herself out of the lynch, isn't it? But that would paint Absalom bad...?

Nothing very interesting from her vote pattern either. She voted alongside Deborah and Belaam Days one and 3, after not voting day 2. Voted Uzziah day 4 because she had previously called out that vote. Essentially had no choice but to double down on Uzziah day 5.
So her confirmed blatant save for Uzziah day 3 was "nothing very interesting"?

What's the point of this post being almost entirely an analysis of Ruth, anyway? We have to analyse confirmed baddies in order to come up with other possible baddies and you've thrown in only Absalom, in a rather twisty logic and nothing besides that.
I see that sharing your thoughts, regardless of context, is frowned upon in these parts. I guess I'll stop doing that and keep it to myself again since clearly nobody gives a shit about my opinion. :disappoint:

"It's confusing so it's worthless why did you even bother?" Whatever dude.

The day 3 Uzziah save was pretty easy to see. As you have stated by referring to it as "confirmed blatant" save, I dont see why you take issue with me not rehashing something most people should have noticed already.
Because I didn't read it that way. You did not make it clear at all that you are not going over Ruth's votes and their meaning because others already did.

Did I say your post/opinion is worthless because it's confusing?
Supervisor
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Absalom wrote:Jacob and Jonathan voting together. Real subtle, guys. Why do I have such a sinking feeling about this lynch?
Less than 1 certain is 0 certain. :nicenod:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Belshazzar wrote:
Jacob wrote:Okay I have to go now. I'm voting for Rebecca. I think either she or Mordecai could be bad but I've been less certain of Mordecai.
Jacob
In Topic
Search these results: Rebecca
Search found 1 match

My eyes couldn't roll further away in my skull right now.

Do you need the Horsemen dead to win?
No but with a horsemen named Death and War I feel like they arent going to be civvie friendly?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

So I meant to quote this post:
:ninja:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Belshazzar wrote: Because I didn't read it that way. You did not make it clear at all that you are not going over Ruth's votes and their meaning because others already did.

Did I say your post/opinion is worthless because it's confusing?
No you didn't. But when people ask what the point of a post was, it's usually a backhanded way of saying "that post contributed nothing and I fail to see value in it"
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lazarus, you really find my Day 1 vote more suspicious than ANYTHING else that has been going on in this thread? No you don't. Be honest, you just like having a super-powerful vote. That's not fair to me, and it's not fair to your fellow civilians. There are loads of leads on heathens that you are ignoring because you are fixated on me.

linki: yes, I agree with you. I have said many times that the Horsemen are unlikely to be civ friendly, but we have actual evidence to go on to catch baddies and you're ignoring it based on my Day 1 vote, which you still haven't explained why it is so suspicious.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Mordecai, stop sulking and talk some sense into Lazarus. This pettiness gets us nowhere.

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lazarus, you didn't even express any sort of anxiety regarding Horsemen before! What the hell is "Who do you think is more dangerous the heathens or the horsemen??" supposed to mean, isn't the civ win condition clear?
Lazarus wrote:No but with a horsemen named Death and War I feel like they arent going to be civvie friendly?
Yes, they're not trustworthy, but they're not primary lynch objectives for the civs either. So far we haven't lynched a Horsemen at all, let alone one to be revealed to have sided with the Heathens. All signs so far that seem to come from a Horseman have only appeared to show they're messing with us, at the very most. War perhaps makes certain players quarrel. Famine may take a very inactive player's soul - but mind you, this is totally uncofirmed speculation. Death seems to really not do its job, in case he has a name-related ability. Civvie-hurtful indeed.
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Here is the problem Absalom my gut is pretty good at fining baddies. So what if you are a horsemen and I'm right wouldn't that help the civvies? I might give you the BOTD this lynch . I'm not sure yet. Also before I forget, if I had the role you think I have I would not like having a super powerful vote it makes you more of a threat to the mafia team.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Belshazzar wrote:Lazarus, you didn't even express any sort of anxiety regarding Horsemen before! What the hell is "Who do you think is more dangerous the heathens or the horsemen??" supposed to mean, isn't the civ win condition clear?
Lazarus wrote:No but with a horsemen named Death and War I feel like they arent going to be civvie friendly?
Yes, they're not trustworthy, but they're not primary lynch objectives for the civs either. So far we haven't lynched a Horsemen at all, let alone one to be revealed to have sided with the Heathens. All signs so far that seem to come from a Horseman have only appeared to show they're messing with us, at the very most. War perhaps makes certain players quarrel. Famine may take a very inactive player's soul - but mind you, this is totally uncofirmed speculation. Death seems to really not do its job, in case he has a name-related ability. Civvie-hurtful indeed.
Spoken like a true Horsemen.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lazarus wrote:Here is the problem Absalom my gut is pretty good at fining baddies. So what if you are a horsemen and I'm right wouldn't that help the civvies? I might give you the BOTD this lynch . I'm not sure yet. Also before I forget, if I had the role you think I have I would not like having a super powerful vote it makes you more of a threat to the mafia team.
Actually, if Absalom is not a Heathen, I imagine they'd actually love having a guy that's not them receive six votes at once, at this point.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lazarus wrote:Here is the problem Absalom my gut is pretty good at fining baddies. So what if you are a horsemen and I'm right wouldn't that help the civvies? I might give you the BOTD this lynch . I'm not sure yet. Also before I forget, if I had the role you think I have I would not like having a super powerful vote it makes you more of a threat to the mafia team.
Help the civvies do what? Win? No.

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lazarus wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:Lazarus, you didn't even express any sort of anxiety regarding Horsemen before! What the hell is "Who do you think is more dangerous the heathens or the horsemen??" supposed to mean, isn't the civ win condition clear?
Spoken like a true Horsemen.
Nope, spoken like I actually know who I need to lynch to win this game. Horsemen are for the trophy cabinet, at best.
Supervisor
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Sick burnz in dis thread right now
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Joe Who? »

Rebecca wrote:Sick burnz in dis thread right now
Indeed :eek:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Doesn't surprise me to see Jacob and Jephthah together.

I don't know whats going on. I didn't want to vote Jonathan. I don't want Absalom to be lynched today. I feel like this lynch has gotten completely out of hand. I don't know how we have moved so far away from what appeared to be right in front of us.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm considering a Jephthah vote.
Reporting
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

What the fricky frack is going on here?!?

Jepthah, I appreciate you trying to theorize but your dancing out of rhythm and with two left feet. I'm surprised to see Belshazzar waffling like this to be honest.

Lot, Absalom- what to do? We chucking at Jonathan if Lazarus continues to hold us in suspense? I have to vote like right now.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

re: Jonathan, his shadiest vote has been called to be on Day 3, but I can't fully convict him for the sin I myself committed, which is to take the pedal off lynching Uzziah. Although, to be fair, Jonathan brought slightly different argument for doing that - that Uzziah has gone silent and he doesn't know what to make of him...and then voted Lazarus despite acknowleding the same risk of him being silent...a risk he didn't take on Day 2 with Cain, for the same reason; kinda inconsistent indeed.

His statements on Uzziah have been as wobbly as several others', including myself: that Uzziah is full of shenanigans, then doubting that because Uzziah made one serious post, then back to having no grasp on how to read him. I also read that his Day 3 flip (both in regards to easing on Uzziah and picking on Lazarus) was actually somewhat influenced by an earlier read of Balaam of all the players. I don't know, overall, of all the vote records I checked, this one is more open to interpretations rather that factually and double-checked with posts incriminating. He actually referenced all this himself in his rebuttals, but wasn't picked up on.

The other things that don't make him look good are his weird ass defense retort to Absalom and, upon doing the re-read, a bit too much inspiration taken from other players' cases, notably Balaam. Perhaps shrugging responsibility, indeed, as Balaam put in his rundown of his votes.

And with that, it's one hour to go and I'm not sure where to vote. Lazarus has disappeared and his vote can still change things, no matter who he votes, if his vote actually carries the weight of six right now. My gut tells me to vote Jacob, but he really slipped a frustrating dillemma with that hint. Other than that, I can't imagine how he can hard claim being the wrong guy in the wrong spot and do nothing better about it, including his latest vote post. I also find him at a tie with Rebecca out of Day 6's Rachel voters that look bad. Both dismissed Ruth and voted Rachel for inconsequential reasons (Rebecca moreso than Jacob), pushing her a bit closer to Ruth.
Supervisor
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Joe Who? »

Mmmmk well I need to get to bed and looks like my vote would make more sense for Pilate today given my suspicions and the poll so far. Here's hoping for a turkey! (that's three baddies in a row) 'Night.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I dunno, Balaam. I just don't know.

Mordecai? Jephthah? Jonathan? Deborah?

A Mordecai vote could tell us more about Jephthah. So could a Jephthah vote, though, lol. I already took down Ruth because I thought she might be linked to Jephthah, and she came back bad too.
Reporting
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lot wrote:I dunno, Balaam. I just don't know.

Mordecai? Jephthah? Jonathan? Deborah?

A Mordecai vote could tell us more about Jephthah. So could a Jephthah vote, though, lol. I already took down Ruth because I thought she might be linked to Jephthah, and she came back bad too.
Why not Jacob?
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

First time I made a mistake. Dang it.

As I was saying, I'm once again, unsurprisingly in complete agreement with Lot.

I would consider a Jeph vote. If others are not feeling that I'm not sure which way I would vote. Maybe Jacob I guess, though it would not be my preference.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Do you see his role hint?

I don't, but Jeph and Belshazzar claim to. I'm hesitant to vote there if he really is 'super-important' as he claims, and I just wish I understood what he was role hinting at. It's also someone who 'must be alive' and I can only see two possibilities of civvies who must be alive, so I specifically sought out those role hints, and still don't see them.

Thats why I'd prefer Jeph to Jacob.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Wait, Jeph wants to vote Jacob, I don't think I want to vote there. Ugh!
To be recycled
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Samuel wrote:Wait, Jeph wants to vote Jacob, I don't think I want to vote there. Ugh!
Jeph voted Rebecca.
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Samuel wrote:Wait, Jeph wants to vote Jacob, I don't think I want to vote there. Ugh!
Jep DOESN'T want to vote Jacob.

Anyway, I think I will vote there and see what happens. If he doesn't go down, no biggie. But I really wanted today to be a smooth, consensus kind of lynch that safeguarded against a Lazarus Absalom vote, and it doesn't look like we are going to get that, and I think Jeph actively worked against it.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And Ruth's vote for Uzziah at the moment she did it makes perfect sense if Jephthah is bad too.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Obviously reading just three pages of posts has melted my brain and made all the names runs together.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Done, thats my vote. I'm not confident today is going to turn out well.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

It may appear selfish for me to say so, but I hope you guys don't split the vote any further or I suspect I'm a dead man.

ImageImageImage
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Wtf is this isht?

Voting Jeph seriously...
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Screw it, this like a middle school dance- awkward and uncertain.

Jephthah. Boom. *drops the mic*
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom wrote:It may appear selfish for me to say so, but I hope you guys don't split the vote any further or I suspect I'm a dead man.
It's not selfish. You hang on to your vote for as late as you can. I don't blame you.

But I really just couldn't vote on any of the current blocks just to save you.
Reporting
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Balaam wrote:Screw it, this like a middle school dance- awkward and uncertain.

Jephthah. Boom. *drops the mic*
I never went to any dances in school... :shrug:
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Voted Jeph. :)
To be recycled
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I am voting Jeph.
dunya
Turnip Head
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom, you can breathe easy.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:Absalom, you can breathe easy.
Phew.

ImageImageImage
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Im going to go ahead and give absalom the BOTD this time and also vote Jeph. Out of everyone with votes already he has caught my eye the most.

Return to “Previous Jobs”