Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER X]

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Day 7 Results:
1. JONATHAN (Absalom)
2. PILATE (Esther)
3. JONATHAN (Pilate)
4. REBECCA (Jephthah)<---voter = civvie
5. REBECCA (Jacob)
6. JONATHAN (Stephen)
7. PILATE (Rahab)
8. JEPHTHAH (Lot)
9. JEPHTHAH (Rebecca)
10. JEPHTHAH (Balaam)
11. JEPHTHAH (Samuel)
12. JEPHTHAH (Lazarus)
13. JEPHTHAH (Jonathan)
<---voter = civvie
14. JONATHAN (Belshazzar)
15. JACOB (Rachel)<---voter = NK'ed by heathens
16. BALAAM (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN

Not Voting:
Bathsheba (5), Deborah, Isaac (3), Jonah (3), Judah (6), Malchus (5)

Day 7 Results:

8. JEPHTHAH (Lot)
9. JEPHTHAH (Rebecca)
10. JEPHTHAH (Balaam)
11. JEPHTHAH (Samuel)
12. JEPHTHAH (Lazarus)
13. JEPHTHAH (Jonathan)
<---voter = civvie

1. JONATHAN (Absalom)
3. JONATHAN (Pilate)
6. JONATHAN (Stephen)

14. JONATHAN (Belshazzar)

2. PILATE (Esther)
7. PILATE (Rahab)

4. REBECCA (Jephthah)<---voter = civvie
5. REBECCA (Jacob)

15. JACOB (Rachel)<---voter = NK'ed by heathens

16. BALAAM (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN

Not Voting:
Bathsheba (5)
Deborah
Isaac (3)
Jonah (3)
Judah (6)<---voter was the civvie smited after our second 3 civ stonings
Malchus (5)
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Day 8 Results:
1. LAZARUS (Lot)
2. JONATHAN (Pilate)
3. JONATHAN (Stephen)
4. JONATHAN (Esther))
5. JONATHAN (Balaam)

6. JACOB (Rahab)
7. BALAAM (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN
8. JACOB (Rachel)<---voter = NK'ed by heathens
9. JONATHAN (Absalom)
10. JONATHAN (Deborah)
11. JONATHAN (Belshazzar)
12. JONATHAN (Jacob)
13. JONATHAN (Jonah)

14. LAZARUS (Lazarus)
15. JONATHAN (Samuel)

Not Voting: Bathsheba (6), Isaac (4),Jonathan, Judah (7), Malchus (6), Rebecca

Day 8 Results:

2. JONATHAN (Pilate)
3. JONATHAN (Stephen)
4. JONATHAN (Esther))
5. JONATHAN (Balaam)

9. JONATHAN (Absalom)
10. JONATHAN (Deborah)
11. JONATHAN (Belshazzar)
12. JONATHAN (Jacob)
13. JONATHAN (Jonah)

15. JONATHAN (Samuel)

6. JACOB (Rahab)
8. JACOB (Rachel)<---voter = NK'ed by heathens

1. LAZARUS (Lot)
14. LAZARUS (Lazarus)

7. BALAAM (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN

Not Voting:
Bathsheba (6)
Isaac (4)
Jonathan<---voter = civvie
Judah (7)<---voter was the civvie smited after our second 3 civ stonings
Malchus (6)
Rebecca
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

And now for the Day 9 Results:

1. LAZARUS (Lot)
2. ISAAC (Isaac)
3. MORDECAI (Absalom)
4. MORDECAI (Pilate)
5. ISAAC (Esther)
6. ISAAC (Rahab)
7. MORDECAI (Stephen)
8. LOT (Lazarus)
9. ISAAC (Belshazzar)
10. ISAAC (Samuel)
11. MORDECAI (Jacob)
12. PILATE (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN
13. MORDECAI (Samson)<---voter = civvie (wtf zombie vote????)

Not voting: Balaam (2), Bathsheba (7), Deborah (2), Jonah (4), Malchus (7), Rebecca (2)

Day 9 Results:
3. MORDECAI (Absalom)
4. MORDECAI (Pilate)
7. MORDECAI (Stephen)
11. MORDECAI (Jacob)
13. MORDECAI (Samson)<---voter = civvie (wtf zombie vote????)

2. ISAAC (Isaac)
5. ISAAC (Esther)
6. ISAAC (Rahab)
9. ISAAC (Belshazzar)
10. ISAAC (Samuel)

1. LAZARUS (Lot)

8. LOT (Lazarus)

12. PILATE (Mordecai)<===VOTER = HEATHEN

Not Voting:
Balaam (2)<---Dumbass who needs to re-learn how to tell time
Bathsheba (7)
Deborah (2)
Jonah (4)
Malchus (7)
Rebecca (2)

HOST: Are you able to tell us yea or nay on whether Samson's vote counted?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'll post some thoughts at lunch. Please look them over and speak up if you see anything noteworthy!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Balaam
Sinner

(View: All /In topic)

Participation Score: 0

:eek:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Belshazzar wrote:My top suspects are Rebecca, Jacob and Isaac, if it needs reminding. I've revisited the vote records and they still look just as bad, in context of Mordecai's flip.
In the context of Mordecai's flip? Forget you not, brother, that I suggested a Mordecai lynch before the night ended and before I went silent.
Lot wrote:Also, in my mind the team was Isaac, Belshazzar, Lazarus. I was surprised to see Belshazzar vote Isaac, because I actually expected him to vote Mordecai to save Isaac.
He voted me to save Mordecai. Note his surprise that Samson's vote caused a tie.

I set a trap and it looks like the 2 remaining Heathens took the bait. :feb: I'm voting Belsh now. Rahab should be considered for the next lynch.

Thank you for voting Lazarus, Lot. I would have died had you voted for me.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

@Epi :haha:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Lot wrote:Also, in my mind the team was Isaac, Belshazzar, Lazarus. I was surprised to see Belshazzar vote Isaac, because I actually expected him to vote Mordecai to save Isaac.
Can't wait for you to go back to my Lazarus read and declare it proof that I am his teammate, just because I'm not on the same wavelength.

I said I'm open to discussion, but I don't find that it happened too much, so far. Your deduction would be brilliant, if true, because of the bullzeye night kill on Martha and the small window required to faithfully start faking Simon's powers. But it's still the longshot option for me for statistical reasons and for the fact that the player under the Lazarus sock is usually too obvious at the power he uses.

Answer me this, however: since you were suddenly frightened, 10 minutes left into the lynch, when Lazarus voted you, of the prospect of him being Simon and still being empowered enough to doom you to be lynched, how is that consistent with your belief that he's bad? You're flipping between the options yourself, depending on the momentum.

As I've wondered (before being labeled as desperate), maybe Isaac is Heathen, and Mordecai chose not to sacrifice him by saving himself. But if that's true, and I were also Heathen, why would I sacrifice Isaac when Mordecai didn't?

This is classic case of me falling under two axes:
If Isaac would have been lynched and flip bad, Lot would have had the victory lap and I would have looked decent.
If Isaac would have been lynched and flip civ, I would have looked bad.
But Mordecai flipped bad, Absalom got the victory lap and I look bad anyway because I didn't conform to his case.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Isaac wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:My top suspects are Rebecca, Jacob and Isaac, if it needs reminding. I've revisited the vote records and they still look just as bad, in context of Mordecai's flip.
In the context of Mordecai's flip? Forget you not, brother, that I suggested a Mordecai lynch before the night ended and before I went silent.
He voted me to save Mordecai. Note his surprise that Samson's vote caused a tie.

I set a trap and it looks like the 2 remaining Heathens took the bait. :feb: I'm voting Belsh now. Rahab should be considered for the next lynch.

Thank you for voting Lazarus, Lot. I would have died had you voted for me.
Yes, in context of Mordecai flipping bad, your vote record, as possible teammate, throughout the game, is still awful.

Pile on, baddie. Err I'm sorry, I mean master of baiting. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry my surprise at a dead player voting and deciding lynches is so out of place.
Supervisor
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

I don't claim to be a master of anything. (particularly not voting. I agree with you there).

I'm also not saying that your surprise about a dead player's vote going through is suspicious. You clearly wanted me dead over Mordecai. Your vote for me broke our 3 - 3 tie.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

I was getting annoyed with your technicolor posts, Balaam. But they've really helped me out this time. So thank you for them :)
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IX]

Post by Paul Stevens »

Isaac wrote:
Lot wrote:
Jacob wrote: If we give the ultimatum "if he's not NKed let's lynch him" then duh obviously the baddies aren't going to NK him so they can get a free pass out of a lynch.
Why do people keep saying this since it is patently not what I or anyone else actually suggested....

I suggested that any disciples searching for another disciple to activate, target Isaac. When did this get bastardized into the heathen killing him?
I read it this way last night, as well. If that's not what you intended (making me a human sacrifice), then I apologize for misconstruing things. That would be why our convo got a little out of hand. I felt as if your whole intention was to get me killed one way or another just to be absolutely sure about me. If I do get activated, I really hope you're right about the protection. (I'm still not fully okay with this plan, though. I'm pretty comfortable on the fence).

I intend to be helpful today. I am very curious to see where this Rahab thing goes, so I will be on board there if that sounds like a good idea to everyone else.
I could also go for Mordecai vote, however, I don't know how I feel about both Pilate and Jacob backing me and wanting to vote for him....

What are current thoughts on Jacob, btw?
Just going to throw my night post in here. I now feel much better about Pilate and Jacob not being Heathens. They could still be Horsemen, but we should not vote for them for now.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

To Balaam:

Day 1: Uzz and Ruth went Cain's way, Mordecai Samson's. According to my suspects, the other Heathens either went Samson's way as well (Isaac, Jacob, Samuel) or spread (Rebecca, Jonah).

Day 2: Uzz voted, Mordecai and Ruth took a break. My suspects either also skiped the day (Jacob, Isaac) or kept a consistent spreading (Rebecca, Jonah).

Day 3: Ruth wagoned on Mary, Uzz and Mord started early potential. All my suspects contributed the same way (especially Rebecca starting Mary and Jacob adding second vote to it). Possible odd spread from Jonah too.

Day 4: all confirmed Heathen spread thin. Isaac and Jacob on a break again. Rebecca and Jonah possibly contributing to main wagons separately.

Day 5: Ruth and Mord bussed Uzziah. Jacob rested. Other suspects all possibly distancing by voting Jeph.

Day 6: No bussing of Ruth ehatsoever. Rachel or Lazarus gamble tactics in full flight. All my top suspects voted Rachel.

Day 7: Mordecai with odd singular vote. Possible scenarios: Rebecca and Samuel on board Jeph lynch. Jacob possibly spreading or distancing. Isaac out of picture.

Day 8: Mordecai still away from hot lynch. Possible scenarios: Rebecca and Isaac out of picture. Jacob and Samuel on board Jonathan lynch.

Day 9: Mordecai giving up. Possible scenarios: Rebecca and Jonah out of picture. Samuel saving Mord. Jacob bussing Mord or looking better with his vote. Isaac, tbh, looking better with his self vote.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Isaac wrote:I don't claim to be a master of anything. (particularly not voting. I agree with you there).

I'm also not saying that your surprise about a dead player's vote going through is suspicious. You clearly wanted me dead over Mordecai. Your vote for me broke our 3 - 3 tie.
Yes, I'm aware I broke a tie but it was one hour to go and only 7 players have voted, Christ.
Again, I fall so comfortably under the axe, no matter what.
Supervisor
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Another non-biblical voter? :eek: I wonder what his reasoning is...
Belshazzar wrote:Day 9: Mordecai giving up. Possible scenarios: Rebecca and Jonah out of picture. Samuel saving Mord. Jacob bussing Mord or looking better with his vote. Isaac, tbh, looking better with his self vote.
Nice backpedal,btw.
I'm pretty comfortable with my vote.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Isaac wrote:Another non-biblical voter? :eek: I wonder what his reasoning is...
Belshazzar wrote:Day 9: Mordecai giving up. Possible scenarios: Rebecca and Jonah out of picture. Samuel saving Mord. Jacob bussing Mord or looking better with his vote. Isaac, tbh, looking better with his self vote.
Nice backpedal,btw.
Did you explain why you self-voted? Are you even aware that your self-vote didn't do you any good and partially influenced you almost getting lynched? Oh that's right, you were baiting. Cool.

Am I supposed to figure out on the spot what's up with your self-vote? Isn't the whole point of a post-lynch analysis to elaborate closely how the votes look like? I gave Balaam my basic read, so it was just my first impression that I could come up with. In contrast, I spent the entire last Day extensively re-reading the game and look where it go me.

Enjoy your vote. If you're bad, it only aids you for me to be mislynched. If you're civ, good luck setting your next baits.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

:rolleyes: @ the "non-biblical" voter

Small window? Nah.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Triple and I'm off until later:

I plan to spend this presumably last Day of mine reasonably relaxed from now on, especially after racking my brains the other Day. All my reads were done in a genuine way, if you care at all to revisit them after my mislynch. I'm usually put off in Mafia when I'm shot down the way Absalom did, calling me Mordecai's defender for no reason. Plus, given the current quality of the gameplay, in which three thirds of the players are last minute voters or pick up what the big writers offer and nothing else, I have no doubt I am toast. I will seriously reconsider in future games if I want to remain a player this engaged, given that others are doing so much better by doing so much less. :shrug:

I don't like to play the "you'll be proven wrong" card, especially after criticising Isaac and Jacob for it, but as I've said, your glee will only turn bitter and there will be also repercussions for mislynching me.

You have my suspects, out of which Rebecca looks like a certain Heathen to me. I still wish the others would look at her, but apparently fat chance.

If anyone will wish to make a writing on the wall joke, for the sake of canon, I welcome it.

Now, time to unwind. :wine:
Supervisor
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Belshazzar wrote:
Isaac wrote:Another non-biblical voter? :eek: I wonder what his reasoning is...
Nice backpedal,btw.
Did you explain why you self-voted? Are you even aware that your self-vote didn't do you any good and partially influenced you almost getting lynched? Oh that's right, you were baiting. Cool.

Am I supposed to figure out on the spot what's up with your self-vote? Isn't the whole point of a post-lynch analysis to elaborate closely how the votes look like? I gave Balaam my basic read, so it was just my first impression that I could come up with. In contrast, I spent the entire last Day extensively re-reading the game and look where it go me.

Enjoy your vote. If you're bad, it only aids you for me to be mislynched. If you're civ, good luck setting your next baits.
It was a risky tactic that I wanted to try. If I was lynched, it would have made Lot and many others rethink who they were looking at, which is what I would have wanted. Now that Mordecai has flipped Heathen, it gives us quite a lot to go on with this lynch vote in particular. Especially since it was such a close vote (a tie even). And no, you weren't supposed to figure out what was up with my self-vote. That's the entire point behind it.
Before anyone asks, I suspect Mordecai didn't vote for me because 1. he may have been the Heathen distancing vote. 2. there were 6 players who didn't vote, so maybe he was hoping more would pile onto me.

Balaam, did you say who you would have voted for?

Linkie: Hope the day's nice for you (genuinely) :wine:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Isaac wrote:Thank you for voting Lazarus, Lot. I would have died had you voted for me.
It evened out your self vote. Don't self vote again.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:Answer me this, however: since you were suddenly frightened, 10 minutes left into the lynch, when Lazarus voted you, of the prospect of him being Simon and still being empowered enough to doom you to be lynched, how is that consistent with your belief that he's bad? You're flipping between the options yourself, depending on the momentum.
I have absolutely no problem holding two opposing positions in my mind at the same time. I am frightened because if Lazarus is not bad, he IS the zealot.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:As I've wondered (before being labeled as desperate), maybe Isaac is Heathen, and Mordecai chose not to sacrifice him by saving himself. But if that's true, and I were also Heathen, why would I sacrifice Isaac when Mordecai didn't?
This is a very good point. I still think Isaac could well be heathen as well.
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lot wrote:
Isaac wrote:Thank you for voting Lazarus, Lot. I would have died had you voted for me.
It evened out your self vote. Don't self vote again.
One time tactic :beer:
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lot wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:As I've wondered (before being labeled as desperate), maybe Isaac is Heathen, and Mordecai chose not to sacrifice him by saving himself. But if that's true, and I were also Heathen, why would I sacrifice Isaac when Mordecai didn't?
There's only one way to convince you isn't there? :sigh:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

PLAYER RECAPS! Because you know you secretly love my list-posts. :nicenod:

ABSALOM:
There's just such a slim chance of Absalom being Heathen. I've had him pegged as Horseman at worst for a while now. D1 and D2 don't clear him but D3 and beyond just don't make sense unless he is the greatest baddie mastermind that ever lived. D3 he put Uzziah in the lead before anyone even voted for Mary. D5 he gave Uzz a 2-vote lead early on then he actively pursued and broke the case on Ruth being Heathen. He was the first vote for both Ruth and Mordecai. If he's Heathen, he carefully orchestrated everything. The chances are just so slim.

BALAAM:
He's a snazzy dresser and takes good care of his ass. What's not to like?

BATHSHEBA:
Riiiiiiight.

BELSHAZZAR:
D1 he rides the Samson train (the has to be another Heathen on there- I'm sure of it). D2 his vote put Cain up by two over Uzziah. D3 his vote ties Mary with Uzziah. D4 he votes outside of the top two trains. D5 he votes outside of the top 2 when Uzziah is lynched. D6 his vote for Ruth is late and her fate was actually sealed by my vote (thought we wouldn't have known it at the time). D7 he looks good by not jumping on the Jeph train. D8 he looks consistent by voting Jonathan again. D9 though he actually puts Isaac ahead of Mordecai by 1. That and his soft read on Mordecai look the worst. A lot of his vote activity can be considered coincidental. Since we're looking for Heathens though, his overall picture looks murky. It's almost too much to call coincidence though. Some of the votes are timed in ways that make him look really bad now that we know who three of the Heathens are. I'd like to think he's good though (even though that would mean we're a pack of talkative civvies talking our way to a Heathen win), so I'll keep an open mind as long as I can.

DEBORAH:
First to vote Cain D1, so there's potential that the Heathens wanted to run 2 trains to protect Uzziah. Locks in a 3-vote lead for Cain over Uzziah D2. Her vote puts Mary up by two over Uzziah D3. Weird self-vote on D4. Weird vote to "wake up" Malchus on D5 instead of either of the Uzz or Jeph trains. D6 she follows Jonathan by voting Jacob- a suspicious player but the case on Ruth was busted wide open by the time she voted. Missed D7. Joins the D8 dogpile on Jonathan. Misses a tight D9 vote (though it sounds like RL could very well be a factor on this one). She's been on my baddie list for a while and she's staying put.

ESTHER:
Misses D1 and D2. Late vote on Job D3, putting Job 1 vote ahead of Uzziah for 2nd place. Late-ish, largely inconsequential vote for Job D4. Helps put Uzziah 3 votes into the lead D5 (possible cred grab mind you). Weird vote for Pilate in the heat of the Ruth case breaking wide open D6. Looks consistent but odd by voting Pilate again D7. Part of the D8 Jonathan train. Ties Isaac with Mordecai early D9. Not a chief concern overall. Possibly a good hider though.

ISAAC:
D1 his vote nudges Samson ahead of Uzziah. Misses D2. His D3 vote ties Job with Uzziah. Misses D4. Votes Jeph D5 after Uzziah has a pretty commanding lead (would be an odd Heathan tactic unless they honestly thought he could be saved). Weird vote for Rachel right off the bat that he walks back from later on D6. Misses D7 and D8. Weird self-vote D9- he claims it was bait for Heathens and it would be odd to try to sacrifice himself for a teammate because we were probably going to go after Mordecai next regardless. I'm actually not sold on him being Heathen anymore. Sketchy but not quite Heathen.

JACOB:
His D1 vote nudges Samson ahead by 2 over Uzziah and could give the illusion of a save attempt on Cain. Misses D2. The second Mary vote on D3- would have to check on status on Laz train at the time. Misses D4 and D5. Late-ish vote D6 brings Rachel back within 1 vote of a very bad-looking Ruth. Weird vote on Rebecca D7. Joins the D8 Jonathan train. His D9 vote brings Mordecai to just 1 vote behind Isaac (really, really ballsy move if he's a Heathen because, if he was hoping Isaac would get lynched, he was dead wrong). Possible but murky. I'm actually feeling less sure of him now.

JONAH:
Vote-spready kind of vote D1. Misses D2. Weird Rahab vote D3. D4 vote based on him not liking the case against me- joins the Job train. Late vote for Jeph D5 when Uzziah was clearly going down- protest vote at best. Misses D6 & D7. Late D8 vote on the Jonathan train. Misses D9. If he's Heathen, which is possible, he's hidden himself very well. I can't really read into his vote without stretching a few things.

LAZARUS:
Misses D1. Thinks Absalom pushing a civ lynch D2. Continues voting Absalom through D6 when Ruth tries to take advantage of the possibility that he is Simon the Zealot. Part of the D7 Jeph train. Weird self-vote D8. Votes Lot in the middle of a tense D9. I can't make head's or tails of his votes, so it boils down to post analysis on this one.

LOT:
Joins Rebecca on vote-spready Jephthah mini-train D1. Votes Uzziah instead of Cain D2 (leaving Cain with a 3-vote lead). First vote for Rachel, and ties her with Uzziah D3. Missed D4. His D5 vote brings Jephthah within 2 votes of Uzziah. Third vote on Ruth D6, giving her a 2-vote lead over Rachel & Absalom. Starts the D7 Jeph train. Basically claiming his D8 and D9 votes for Lazarus are forced. There's potential for shadiness in there but this guy's had my back pretty much all game. I guess I've got his back too.

MALCHUS:
Right then. Moving on...

PILATE:
Takes Uzziah at his word D1 and votes for him. Misses D2 & D3. Votes Rachel right out of the gate D4. Votes Uzziah right out of the gate D5. Votes Absalom D6, giving people another alternative to Ruth. Unswayed by the Jeph distraction D7 and votes Jonathan. First vote for Jonathan D8. Puts Mordecai 1 vote into the lead D9. I wouldn't call him unimpeachable but he's a lot like Absalom. If he's Heathen, he's done a masterful job and it had been a pleasure watching him work.

RAHAB:
Convenient late-D1 vote for Uzziah. Her D2 vote puts Cain way out into the lead (now up to a 4-vote lead over Uzziah). Ballsy vote (for a Heathen) D3- brings Uzz to within 1 vote of Mary. Follows Mordecai in voting for Laz D4. The 7th vote for Uzziah D5- making it all but impossible for Jeph to catch up. Weird Pilate vote D6. Weird but consistent Pilate vote D7. Sticks with Jacob as more sus D8. Her D9 vote puts Isaac into the lead over Mordecai. Feeling good but not ready to friend her on Facebook just yet.

REBECCA:
Votes her sus of Jeph D1. Consistent with Jeph D2. She's the first vote on Mary D3. Picks a civvie train to ride D4. The second vote of D5 and first for Jeph (tying things up way early with Uzziah). Her D6 vote for Rachel cuts Ruth's lead to two votes. Second on D7 Jeph train- looks consistent though with her history. Misses D8 and 9. Very hard to read. Will require post analysis as well.

SAMUEL:
Last vote for Samson D1- makes sense. Misses D2 & D3. Hops on the civ train of his choice D4. His D5 vote for Jeph cuts Uzziah's lead to 2. Votes Ruth late D6 when it's obviousish she will die (though if Laz is Simon, Sam's vote actually puts Ruth over the top). Hops on the Jeph train D7. Tail end vote on the Jonathan train D8. Gives Isaac a suspicious 2-vote lead over Mordecai D9. There are moments of Heathen potential sprinkled throughout but the rest is gray area for me. Worth watching.

STEPHEN:
Self-admitted random D1 vote. Self-votes D2. Misses D3. Ties Job up with me at three a piece on D4. Second vote for Uzziah on D5 (ballsy move if a Heathen). Second vote for Ruth D6 (super-ballsy move to do this two days in a row for two different teammates). Not swayed by Jeph suspicion D7. Early Jonathan vote D8. Ties Mordecai up with Isaac D3 (another ballsy move for a Heathen). This guy is like Johnny Cash- he walks the line! There's enough early shadiness that make him worth keeping around to the Heathens. The second half of the game he seems to drip with civvie cred. He's either a sneaky Heathen or really good at being suspicious enough to be left in the game but not too suspicious to the point of attracting votes.

After doing all this, my most suspicious four players are (in alphabetical order) Belshazzar, Deborah, Rebecca, and Samuel.

Epignosis wrote:Balaam
Sinner

:shifty:
Spoiler: show
:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:
:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:

Now, like the example the Good Lord set back in the day, I need to rest.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_not_so_Clever has voted. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

So I'm actually going to have one more go at how things stand from my perspective, regardless if it'll fall on deaf ears or not. Otherwise, as I've said, I'll totally chill whilst others make what they want of me. I'm not kind of player to enjoy bickering till the last breath, when I'm being mislynched.

The D9 vote blows in my face almost perfectly. The fact that it was a tie (either decided by the Host or by a player with such secret abilities) is itself karmic. Here are the variants again:
1. Isaac would have been lynched and flipped bad. No pats on my back to be expected (as opposed to Lot), but it's the most decent I would have looked by far.
2. Isaac would have been lynched and flipped civ. I'd look bad.
3. Mordecai got lynched and flipped bad. I bad.

On the hypothetical side:
4. I would have voted Mordecai and Isaac would have been lynched and flipped bad. I would get the same baddie treatment, only from the Lot's side.
5. I would have voted Mordecai and Isaac would have been lynched and flipped civ. My vote would not have been consistent with my views on Lot's case on Isaac, if I would have already shared them (but why would I, if I were Heathen and needed to wait to see if I need to save my ass and buss Mordecai) or maybe I would have gotten eyeballed for "backpedalling" on my alleged "soft-view" of Mordecai or God knows what.

So that statistically is 70% being in shit just by taking a side in the two-way lynch.

I put Isaac and Mordecai on the bottom top list of my suspects beforehand. I asked about my actual top suspicion ahead of the Day's end, i.e. Rebecca. Results = 2. Mighty Absalom, slayer of Heathens, finding nothing of worth on her case, plus Rahab, considering it. I don't like spreading, so at around one hour and half to go and only seven bloody votes, I focused on this and found Isaac's case more compelling. From there on, check the abovementioned variants. Only one outcome in three would have not made me look shady as hell.

My surprise for Samson's zombie vote is genuine. Again, people, it's an approved zombie vote that decided a lynch. I think Samson also voted on the Day after he got lynched, but then everyone brushed it aside as an illegal move. We've talked in the past without any problem about other spooky activities that might influence our game. But this time, I simply get called for it. If I were Heathen and would know such comments would come off as butthurt, why would I say it?

I am a grave mislyncher and it only brings me greater anxiety each new game about never quite managing to do a fine job in this department. It blows up in my face easily, so I'm never entirely surprised when I find myself in a judgement day position. My vote records stands as bad as the main suspects I myself brought forth, and I never once denied that, but I never defended the confirmed Heathens, compared to shady comments others have made. To Mordecai I didn't even say stuff on him like Rahab ("I feel more wishy-washy with him than I do with my top suspects") or Esther ([his vote record is bad but] "I think he's been pretty helpful in the thread though.") - and please note it does not make them suddenly jump high on my suspects lists, for it.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Guys, if we don't lynch Absalom with all the evidence against him, and it turns out he is bad, think about what idiots you will feel like for allowing him to trick you.

I am 100% sure that he is bad. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Th evidence is much too strong to ignore.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

EBWOP: BELSHAZZAR! I don't know why I wrote my own name there. I'm dumb.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Isaac wrote:
Lot wrote:
There's only one way to convince you isn't there? :sigh:
Yes. Stop being a martyr, and lynch a heathen. Imagine if you voted Mordecai yesterday at the same point in time you voted you. My perspective on you would have changed entirely.

linki @ absalom - why do you suddenly want to lynch yourself?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Lol.

And honestly, I agree with you that Belshazzar is probably a one shot thing.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Balaam, definitely don't friend Rahab on facebook. Don't you know how that would look? Is that really the reputation you want?
Reporting
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Belshazzar wrote:My surprise for Samson's zombie vote is genuine. Again, people, it's an approved zombie vote that decided a lynch. I think Samson also voted on the Day after he got lynched, but then everyone brushed it aside as an illegal move. We've talked in the past without any problem about other spooky activities that might influence our game. But this time, I simply get called for it. If I were Heathen and would know such comments would come off as butthurt, why would I say it?
I believe you on this Belsh and I think it's unfair for you to take criticism for any surprise over Samson's vote given the lynch results. Somebody saw Mordecai's lynch coming but it may have been limited to Epi, someone with secret powers and/or Samson. Frankly I'm surprised that more people aren't in a whirl over the possibility that a dead player potentially impacted a lynch result.

Absalom wrote:Guys, if we don't lynch Absalom with all the evidence against him, and it turns out he is bad, think about what idiots you will feel like for allowing him to trick you.

I am 100% sure that he is bad. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Th evidence is much too strong to ignore.
AH-HA! I've got you now you sneaky Heathen bastard! I've been casing you all game and now I have the Freudian slip to prove it! *votes Absalom* :haha:
Lot wrote:Balaam, definitely don't friend Rahab on facebook. Don't you know how that would look? Is that really the reputation you want?
Sarcasm? :confused:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

She's a prostitute...
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Absalom wrote:Guys, if we don't lynch Belshazzar with all the evidence against him, and it turns out he is bad, think about what idiots you will feel like for allowing him to trick you.

If only you'd change my name with someone else that fits the same sentence, you'd get a much better result come tomorrow. :nicenod:
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lot wrote:She's a prostitute...
Oh. That. Right.

Belshazzar wrote:
Absalom wrote:Guys, if we don't lynch Belshazzar with all the evidence against him, and it turns out he is bad, think about what idiots you will feel like for allowing him to trick you.

If only you'd change my name with someone else that fits the same sentence, you'd get a much better result come tomorrow. :nicenod:
Kindly remind me who your top three are so I can consider. I very much want you to not be Heathen because it would be nice to have a power quartet of talkers cracking the case the rest of the way.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Check my post on how I read that my suspects might have behaved. Correlating this with what I've written on their attitudes wouldn't hurt either, because I gave none of them passing grades.
Supervisor
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

I think I asked this the first time I expressed concern over it, but has anyone ever seen/experienced a role or power of zombie voting? Samson's vote, despite helping us get an excellent outcome last lynch, is creeping me out, and apparently confuses others, too. Just wanna see more what others think if they have thoughts. I've never seen it before.
Isaac wrote: Before anyone asks, I suspect Mordecai didn't vote for me because 1. he may have been the Heathen distancing vote. 2. there were 6 players who didn't vote, so maybe he was hoping more would pile onto me.
Distancing from whom? You? Himself? :confused: What's your logic here?
Lot wrote:Balaam, definitely don't friend Rahab on facebook. Don't you know how that would look? Is that really the reputation you want?
;)
Absalom wrote:Guys, if we don't lynch Absalom with all the evidence against him, and it turns out he is bad, think about what idiots you will feel like for allowing him to trick you.

:haha: I'm still laughing out loud for real.

More thoughts/commentary tomorrow when I'm a bit less tired and not just amused/confused by random thread posts. Damned weeknights and their early bedtimes.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Thanks Belsh. Unfortunately, I'm just not feeling as strongly as you do about Isaac, Jacob, and Rebecca at the moment. I'll keep mulling them over though.

Here's a crazy idea I thought up on my drive home-

It feels like there is an awful lot of momentum on Belshazzar right now. That makes me nervous of another Jonathan kind of day. It seems to me that we've learned the most in hindsight from the close days. If Belshazzar is indeed a civvie, then the baddies have no problem voting for him in a runaway train. They would rather we waste a day getting rid of another civvie- this one particularly productive and contributive to the game.

Why let the Heathens have their way?

It's getting easier and easier for the Heathens to hide in votes because there are fewer of them. There are, at maximum, two of them left. They lack the numbers to really mess with a stoning unless its really close. Unless the Horsemen decide to be agents of chaos, we can force the Heathens' hand here today.

Simply put, let's keep the lynch close. Belshazzar is already Target A. All we need is a Target B and we can make this a close vote from here on out. If Belshazzar is a civvie, let's leave him dangling out there like a slab of meat. If we get lucky and our Target B is a Heathen (assuming Belsh is civ), then I predict a Belsh stoning. If Belsh is a Heathen, it would take a very cocky, brazen Heathen to vote against and lynch a teammate and think he/she is capable of making it to the end for the win.

Also, since there is so much momentum on Belshazzar right now, there is an air of expectation that he is Heathen. If he survives the lynch, players will be foaming at the mouth to lynch him. That would be a perfect opportunity for the Heathens to deprive us of what we want yet again by NK'ing Belshazzar. There's no way they'd NK him if he's civvie because it hurts their odds. They're desperate at this point because there is no way they are going to wrest control of the analysis side of the game from us. Especially not if they kill one of their own and the final Heathen has no teammates to agree with him/her in the thread. NK'ing Belshazzar would be the perfect way to take the wind out of our sails and make our asses pucker with uncertainty just a little bit.

Now all we need is a Target B. I nominate Deborah! :fishslap:

What do you guys think? Shall we give it a go?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Balaam wrote:Thanks Belsh. Unfortunately, I'm just not feeling as strongly as you do about Isaac, Jacob, and Rebecca at the moment. I'll keep mulling them over though.

Here's a crazy idea I thought up on my drive home-

It feels like there is an awful lot of momentum on Belshazzar right now. That makes me nervous of another Jonathan kind of day. It seems to me that we've learned the most in hindsight from the close days. If Belshazzar is indeed a civvie, then the baddies have no problem voting for him in a runaway train. They would rather we waste a day getting rid of another civvie- this one particularly productive and contributive to the game.

Why let the Heathens have their way?

It's getting easier and easier for the Heathens to hide in votes because there are fewer of them. There are, at maximum, two of them left. They lack the numbers to really mess with a stoning unless its really close. Unless the Horsemen decide to be agents of chaos, we can force the Heathens' hand here today.

Simply put, let's keep the lynch close. Belshazzar is already Target A. All we need is a Target B and we can make this a close vote from here on out. If Belshazzar is a civvie, let's leave him dangling out there like a slab of meat. If we get lucky and our Target B is a Heathen (assuming Belsh is civ), then I predict a Belsh stoning. If Belsh is a Heathen, it would take a very cocky, brazen Heathen to vote against and lynch a teammate and think he/she is capable of making it to the end for the win.

Also, since there is so much momentum on Belshazzar right now, there is an air of expectation that he is Heathen. If he survives the lynch, players will be foaming at the mouth to lynch him. That would be a perfect opportunity for the Heathens to deprive us of what we want yet again by NK'ing Belshazzar. There's no way they'd NK him if he's civvie because it hurts their odds. They're desperate at this point because there is no way they are going to wrest control of the analysis side of the game from us. Especially not if they kill one of their own and the final Heathen has no teammates to agree with him/her in the thread. NK'ing Belshazzar would be the perfect way to take the wind out of our sails and make our asses pucker with uncertainty just a little bit.

Now all we need is a Target B. I nominate Deborah! :fishslap:

What do you guys think? Shall we give it a go?
Balaam, every time I think I fully trust you, you go and make a post like this, the scummiest scum post I ever read. This plan makes no sense. Why are you trying to save an obvious baddie?

We have nine days of voting record. Who cares if all the baddies pile onto the lynch and hide? There are plenty of other votes in which they have given themselves away. I think we have a pretty good idea who the last heathen might be, at least down to two or three people.

Guys, if we follow Balaam's plan, we WILL get a civ lynch, and everyone who voted for the civ will have cover to say "well, I was just following the plan," including Balaam himself.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom wrote:Guys, if we follow Balaam's plan, we WILL get a civ lynch, and everyone who voted for the civ will have cover to say "well, I was just following the plan," including Balaam himself.
I don't think that's quite fair. Did we get a civ lynch yesterday?

If we were to use the plan, I currently think Laz and Samuel would be more likely Belshazzar allies.

Absalom, I want you to answer me a question - is it possible that your strong views today are being clouded by your rate of success? I just want to get a really good measure on your level of certainty.

And remember - Balaam, Belshazzar and I can't all be heathen now. So if Balaam's idea was to save Belshazzar, where do I fit in?

For my part, I tend to agree with Absalom rather than Balaam today. I don't think a split vote is helpful.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:
Absalom wrote:Guys, if we follow Balaam's plan, we WILL get a civ lynch, and everyone who voted for the civ will have cover to say "well, I was just following the plan," including Balaam himself.
I don't think that's quite fair. Did we get a civ lynch yesterday?

If we were to use the plan, I currently think Laz and Samuel would be more likely Belshazzar allies.

Absalom, I want you to answer me a question - is it possible that your strong views today are being clouded by your rate of success? I just want to get a really good measure on your level of certainty.

And remember - Balaam, Belshazzar and I can't all be heathen now. So if Balaam's idea was to save Belshazzar, where do I fit in?

For my part, I tend to agree with Absalom rather than Balaam today. I don't think a split vote is helpful.
I trust you, Lot. I don't think you're lying in your vouch for Balaam. I think it is - remotely - possible that you have been deceived.

Is it possible my judgement is wrong? Yes, anything's possible. But I don't think I've ever seen as clear a pattern that points to baddie behavior as the combination of Belshazzar's votes and posts, and I'm amazed anyone is having second thoughts about it. If it walks like a Heathen, and if it quacks like a Heathen, it's probably a Heathen.

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I don't see what's so scummy about Balaam's post. Since I'm not one of them, it's perfectly true that the Heathens will wagon or even push for my lynch. I'll get lynched, they will get to night kill, player field reduced by two. Since my record is so circumstancially incriminating and will prove a false lead, it'll likely be harder to pick up again next Day and find actual Heathens from a different, less incriminating angle (although I disagree a bit here, because I pointed out there may be Heathens to be found from the same angle that incriminates me).

Unfortunately, I don't know if I fully agree Balaam's plan itself would work very well. Yes, the Heathens will find it easy to push for my lynch, but I fear it'll also be easy for them to join a large pool of civs looking to lynch me. In other words, if you "leave me dangling", there will be

A. civs who will give Absalom godly civ cred and vote to lynch me
B. two Heathens who will wagon my lynch train

If the two votes I already have aren't by Heathens (I still feel good about Absalom, despite all this), then it means I'll receive an instant +2 at any point, which, given how many players are actively voting and the likelihood of my lynch train going smoothly, is quite serious. Presumably they'll vote later, to see if my fate is sealed. Now, if I wouldn't become a lynch train, then maybe the Heathens would have to refrain as well, not to seem obvious that they'd be so comfortable with me being mislynched.

But I seriously doubt I won't become a lynch train, mainly because of A. Let me offer templates for some of the late hour votes:

"[I'm sorry I didn't have time, life so hard. / (Hi my name is Deborah and I promise to contribute. Eventually. Deborah 2016) / No time to catch up] Absalom's case is convincing, good job. / I agree that everything about Belshazzar shouts Heathen / I agree with everything that's been said. / I never fully trusted that Belshy fella. Voting Belshazzar. (*optional mic dropping*) [Hope he is bad./ (Sorry if you're good)]"

I also agree that if you lynch somebody else and he's also a civ, then the reaction tomorrow will be "I told you guys we should have lynched Belshazzar. I told you! I told you! I told you!"

So, as I've said, I'm 70% toast, either way. Maybe even more. :sigh:

Not sure about the NK plan. First off, I don't want to die that way either! :meany: Second, just like I doubt that mislynching me will create total chaos in finding new angles as to where the real Heathens might be, them NKing me will probably not fully work that way either. Besides, the issue of waiting to see if Heathens NK me to prove I'm not bad is the same we've had with Isaac, when pondering if we should wait to see if the Heathens will eliminate him, after he hinted at being civ (although I now understand that no such intention was truly meant). Third, see all the paragraphs above. If I don't get lynched and a civ is stoned and the Heathens don't NK me, everyone will hate me and want to lynch me even more the next Day; extra day of rest and normal death flow (lynch + NK) for the Heathens.
Absalom wrote:I think we have a pretty good idea who the last heathen might be, at least down to two or three people.
We do? You do? Who are they? Let me check.

Rahab. Huh.
Jacob. Ok.
Isaac. Ok. Also notice how Isaac buddied up immediately with you and your case?

Did you bring them up today? Why not? Why don't you consider them alongside me, at least?
Ruth. Jonathan. Mordecai. You've always hunted for one person. Everything you've said all day is "lynch Belsh, lynch Belsh, lynch Belsh", yet you say you also have a good idea who the last Heathen besides me might be? Please.
Absalom wrote:But I don't think I've ever seen as clear a pattern that points to baddie behavior as the combination of Belshazzar's votes and posts, and I'm amazed anyone is having second thoughts about it.
Votes be votes, but what posts? And I'm sorry, but you'll have to pull more than the alleged "damn you Samson" and "oh look, Belsh went soft on Mordecai, that pisses me off".

Also, I'm still shocked that you'd think that, on Day 6, when Ruth voted you to keep you high up the tally, I, as her teammate, would just come and say "I'm sorry, Ruthy dear, but that's not fair. Tsk tsk. I'm voting to save Absalom and to throw you under the bus". A Heathen bussing that Day makes absolutely no sense, because no confirmed Heathen did that to Ruth (the ones who did vote Ruth until then were you, two dead civvies - Jeph and Rachel -, Stephen and Lot) and there's no logic in me having done so, if the current tally would have been Absalom 7, Ruth 5, Rachel 4.
Absalom wrote:If it walks like a Heathen, and if it quacks like a Heathen, it's probably a Heathen.
Well, that's nice, but tomorrow you'll have to start figuring who is Heathen that doesn't quite walk like a Heathen and doesn't quite quack like a Heathen.
Balaam wrote:Unfortunately, I'm just not feeling as strongly as you do about Isaac, Jacob, and Rebecca at the moment. I'll keep mulling them over though.
Sad to hear that, but it amuses me that I sort of said the same thing about Mordecai yesterday and look where I am. Will you come under fire if Rebecca, Isaac or Jacob will eventually flip bad? Who knows.
Epignosis wrote:Balaam
Sinner

So which is it: 666 or 616?
Supervisor
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Sorry, Belsh... it's not about Absalom having godly cred, it's about the actual case against you.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Elaborate post there Belsh. I have to say I've had my doubts, but that's really a baddie defense if I ever saw one. *votes*
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

I don't know, guys, Belshazzar seems legit to me.

I'm starting to think that perhaps we've been played by Isaac, that the case against him being a Heathen was well-constructed, but his self-vote ploy was a nefarious one, rather than a genuine one, as I was inclined to believe.

It also makes D9 make way more sense, if Isaac and Mordecai are teammates.

So... I'm voting Isaac.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Pilate wrote:Sorry, Belsh... it's not about Absalom having godly cred, it's about the actual case against you.
Yes, the case that you swiftly appreciated Absalom finding. You've done nothing but agree with him since wanting him dead Day 6.

No more good seats at my feasts for you, Prefect!
Jacob wrote:Elaborate post there Belsh. I have to say I've had my doubts, but that's really a baddie defense if I ever saw one. *votes*
Thank you, top suspect with role claim defense. :nicenod:
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Bah! I got logged out and lost my whole post!

Belshazzar wrote:
I don't see what's so scummy about Balaam's post. Since I'm not one of them, it's perfectly true that the Heathens will wagon or even push for my lynch. I'll get lynched, they will get to night kill, player field reduced by two.

I'll just say that I agree with this. And other than Absalom, I have had my eye on the players that have voted for Belsh already (Jacob, Pilate, Isaac). I just don't see how Belsh is Heathen. I am voting Pilate. Again.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Thank you, Esther. Although I'm not sure spreaded votes will do much to not get lynched either. :scared: Didn't you vote Isaac yesterday? Do you think he would have been a mislynch?

That being said, if I will be beyond save, I will probably vote Rebecca, maybe that'll raise awareness or something. :rolleyes: I remember another good guy, called Jeph, who did just that before dying...
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Voted Lot because he must die.

Return to “Previous Jobs”