Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER X]

Post by Rachel Green »

Belshazzar wrote:
Thank you, Esther. Although I'm not sure spreaded votes will do much to not get lynched either. :scared: Didn't you vote Isaac yesterday? Do you think he would have been a mislynch?

That being said, if I will be beyond save, I will probably vote Rebecca, maybe that'll raise awareness or something. :rolleyes: I remember another good guy, called Jeph, who did just that before dying...

I have been voting Pilate and Isaac, mostly Pilate. I know I should have voted Isaac. That was my fault. I didn't think about the spreading until after voting. I almost mentioned this in another post too, but got busy and haven't been back looking at the thread until now. I'm sorry. I really hope others will come in here and save you. Also, now that I think about it, I should have asked you who you would want me to vote for before voting. I trust you that much.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

I would be a mislynch. I don't think Belsh will be :srsnod:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Maybe Phinehas can practice his javelin throw a bit on someone other than me. Like... Rebecca. :grin: What say you? Are you still around?

Please let him not be bloody Malchus or Bathsheba...
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Okay, question for all the Belshazzar apologists. Why do you think he is so civvie, specifically?

I get the nervousness about a bandwagon, but what has he done to make you think he is good? I am really really confused by Esther's posts and vote. Has she not been reading at all?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Absalom wrote:Okay, question for all the Belshazzar apologists. Why do you think he is so civvie, specifically?

I get the nervousness about a bandwagon, but what has he done to make you think he is good? I am really really confused by Esther's posts and vote. Has she not been reading at all?
, he asks, whilst not addressing anything else said since his last visit.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Belshazzar wrote:
Absalom wrote:Okay, question for all the Belshazzar apologists. Why do you think he is so civvie, specifically?

, he asks, whilst not addressing anything else said since his last visit.
Yeah, because there's so much to address.

Stephen said you "seem legit". Wow, convincing evidence.
Esther said she's "not feeling" you being bad, and then votes for Pilate despite saying Isaac is more suspicious, and an Isaac vote being more likely to save you. Esther suspects me and Pilate most despite our voting records, so she's obviously not paying any attention at all.
Lazarus votes for Lot for no reason.

As for you, your posts defending Mordecai are particularly bad looking. Your posts reacting to his lynch are worse. I've already laid this out.
Why have I not brought up Isaac, Rahab, and Jacob today? Because I feel much more strongly about you being bad, and I don't want people defecting and splitting the vote. Better to go after the person I'm sure about first, then proceed from there.
Your Day 6 vote? I'm not impressed. It was late enough and enough people had expressed suspicion of Ruth for it to be a reasonable underbusthrow.

I feel like I've taken crazy pills. Why are all these people suddenly trusting you for no reason? I reiterate: WHY do people think Belsahzzar is civ?

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

So, again, I'm supposedly bad for saving you and lynching my teammate in immediate reaction to her voting to save her skin and get you lynched. The timeline in the posts is actually a bit screwy, too, because both Balaam and I decided to vote Ruth and then she voted within a minute or so and it was further incentive to go ahead with the vote. So yeah, top notch baddie movie there.

Hey everyone, should I end my game at 666 posts? :dark:
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Belshazzar wrote:So, again, I'm supposedly bad for saving you and lynching my teammate in immediate reaction to her voting to save her skin and get you lynched. The timeline in the posts is actually a bit screwy, too, because both Balaam and I decided to vote Ruth and then she voted within a minute or so and it was further incentive to go ahead with the vote. So yeah, top notch baddie movie there.

Are you seriously suggesting that no baddie would ever vote for his teammate, that he would ALWAYS attempt a save, even a totally obvious one?

ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Absalom wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:So, again, I'm supposedly bad for saving you and lynching my teammate in immediate reaction to her voting to save her skin and get you lynched. The timeline in the posts is actually a bit screwy, too, because both Balaam and I decided to vote Ruth and then she voted within a minute or so and it was further incentive to go ahead with the vote. So yeah, top notch baddie movie there.

Are you seriously suggesting that no baddie would ever vote for his teammate, that he would ALWAYS attempt a save, even a totally obvious one?
I'm saying the SPECIFIC context of what happened there would not paint me as such. Synchronic invaldation of a teammate's plan to survive? Nah.

But enough about this. You're obviously done and I'm done as well. I wish you better luck with your next suspects starting the next Day. Two of them voted for me in no time. I'll be back in a couple hours for my closing statement.
Supervisor
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

I see your case, Absalom, and you've been pretty excellent at finding people based on voting records. Personally I'm more hesitant about lynching Belsh because he's been pretty helpful with analyses throughout the game (especially lately within the fab four of posting) and because his recent defense of himself, which Jacob and others see as a "sure baddie defense," reads genuine to me. He really does seem stuck no matter what from the last lynch results and the logic of it is sound. I know that being "helpful" doesn't necessarily make you good, nor do defenses, but it's the logic of it that he put forth that gets me. Does that make sense? Also, these thoughts almost precisely:
Stephen wrote:I'm starting to think that perhaps we've been played by Isaac, that the case against him being a Heathen was well-constructed, but his self-vote ploy was a nefarious one, rather than a genuine one, as I was inclined to believe.

It also makes D9 make way more sense, if Isaac and Mordecai are teammates.

So... I'm voting Isaac.
Nothing about Isaac's "defense" or whatever you call it of his actions has made me think otherwise about him (in fact the defense of his self-vote makes him look worse under the circumstances), and honestly I'm surprised that less votes that are not for Belsh right now are not on him, as he was a frontrunner yesterday (I think the grammar's right on that?)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Rahab wrote:(I think the grammar's right on that?)
I spotted two errors. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Epignosis wrote:
Rahab wrote:(I think the grammar's right on that?)
I spotted two errors. :feb:
:disappoint:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

I'm reading back through the posts of some of the contenders for today. In regards to Isaac... I had had civ vibes from him early on, and then I see he went through that whole "vanilla civ/walking dead man" thing and no one activated that night, correct? So where are we now on that? I'm trying to streamline my time as best as possible. And if both he and Mordecai were bad and leading the lynch together, does Isaac's elf-vote mean they considered him a lesser-powered role and tried to save the Big Cheese by lynching the little guy? Thanks.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

And Belshazzar has been mega-contributive and scum-hunty with the huge vote breakdowns etc. so the issue with him seems to be more that his votes have often hit at suspicious moments, correct? Such as, putting someone slightly ahead of Uzziah, etc? I have a very hard time voting for someone who has posted as much as he has, but I am a believer in voting patterns being the best way to find the baddies. Moving on...
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I don't see a case on Pilate at all, reading through his posts. He seems to have been putting pressure on both Uzziah and Mordecai, so I'm wondering why he has a vote?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm starting to get tied up in work again, so I'm going to vote for Belshazzar. I feel strongly that voting patterns are most important, and he did seem to vote in some spots that look like saves. And while I appreciate his output, there have been plenty of players (like MP) who can routinely be the top poster in the game and be bad, so I'm not weighting Bel's output as strongly as his voting record.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Oh hi there. I promise not to miss the deadline this time.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Ha those posts. If Belsh flips bad I bet Deb is his teammate.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Well if not Isaac I guess.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

By my reckoning we are missing seven votes. Barring a miracle appearance by Bathsheba and Malchus, we can really handicap that down to five vote: Balaam, Belshazzar, Jonah, Rebecca, and Samuel.

I can't see Belshazzar voting for himself, so it will take some kind of late voting shenanigans from the other four to prevent his stoning.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Jacob wrote:Well if not Isaac I guess.
Is this to mean that I could be Belsh's teammate or Deborah's? I'm confused by both, but especially one in particular.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Deborah wrote:I'm reading back through the posts of some of the contenders for today. In regards to Isaac... I had had civ vibes from him early on, and then I see he went through that whole "vanilla civ/walking dead man" thing and no one activated that night, correct? So where are we now on that? I'm trying to streamline my time as best as possible. And if both he and Mordecai were bad and leading the lynch together, does Isaac's elf-vote mean they considered him a lesser-powered role and tried to save the Big Cheese by lynching the little guy? Thanks.
:haha: Oh Deborah, you have no idea how appropriate the term "elf-vote" is for me. Ha Ha... Ha.. ha... Whew, but no.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yeah, the "elf-vote" was pretty funny. I didn't realize that Buddy was on the poll.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Deborah wrote:I'm starting to get tied up in work again, so I'm going to vote for Belshazzar. I feel strongly that voting patterns are most important, and he did seem to vote in some spots that look like saves. And while I appreciate his output, there have been plenty of players (like MP) who can routinely be the top poster in the game and be bad, so I'm not weighting Bel's output as strongly as his voting record.
That's ok, Deborah. Next game I'll play like you or many others. To hell with top posting. :)
Balaam wrote:By my reckoning we are missing seven votes. Barring a miracle appearance by Bathsheba and Malchus, we can really handicap that down to five vote: Balaam, Belshazzar, Jonah, Rebecca, and Samuel.

I can't see Belshazzar voting for himself, so it will take some kind of late voting shenanigans from the other four to prevent his stoning.
I like how you included yourself on the shenanigans making watchlist. :p

Well that's a wrap, so I'll stay true to my word and place my vote on Rebecca.

My contributions truly were genuine, despite my flawed votes. Maybe some of you will still take note of that. That being said... I can't say you'll feel sad about me. In fact, you will most likely resent me after this lynch. I told you in a previous post there'd be repercussions, so brace for it.

And so with that mind, one final message for the Heathens as well:

Goliath and Nebuchadnezzar, hear me out! It is imperative that you take out Jacob, before any of you get dragged into a lynch. Imperative, I say. Do it! Just...
Supervisor
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is wicked among you?

Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Absalom
No votes

Balaam
No votes

Bathsheba
No votes

Belshazzar
Absalom (4), Isaac (6), Pilate (11), Jacob (13), Deborah (20), Balaam (24)
25%

Deborah
No votes

Esther
No votes

Isaac
Stephen (12), Rahab (19), Rebecca (23)
13%

Jacob
No votes

Jonah
No votes

Lazarus
Lot (5)
4%

Lot
Lazarus (18)
4%

Malchus
No votes

Pilate
Esther (15)
4%

Rahab
No votes

Rebecca
Belshazzar (22)
4%

Samuel
No votes

Stephen
Samson (14)
4%

Mordecai (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Metalmarsh89 (2), XthAtGAm3RGuYX (3), juliets (7), AceofSpaces (8), S~V~S (9), MovingPictures07 (10), Bass_the_Clever (16), Elohcin (17), timmer (21)
42%

Total votes : 24
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

First Mafioso
Chapter X
1 This is an account of how Belshazzar of Babylon was driven away by the people of Sin-d’kaht: 2 When Belshazzar invited many to one of his feats (for he was known for great feasts), he invited Absalom, Isaac, Jacob, Pilate, Deborah, and Balaam. 3 Now they had conspired to kill Belshazzar during the feast, for they had said amongst themselves, “He is an evildoer come to destroy us.” 4 And lo, a hand appeared and wrote on the wall, “8=====>*” 5 When Belshazzar declared the writing on the wall, the conspirators saw their opportunity. They rose up against him, saying “This is a mad man!” 6 And they took him outside to stone him, despite his generosity. 7 But before anyone could touch a stone to his head, a mighty whirlwind came and drew Belshazzar heavenward. 8 For each man will drink the cup Belshazzar offers in his time; yea, no man shall escape this cup in this generation or in the generation that is to come. 9 And when Belshazzar was carried away into the clouds, behold, the earth trembled, and the graves opened their mouths. 10 From one grave came a woman, shrouded in burial cloths. And when she drew nigh, behold, it was the woman called Ruth.

*Trans. note: The meaning of these symbols is uncertain.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

What is dead may never die!

See you, little lambs. :dark:

Now, time to blast this. Been waiting an entire game to do it:

:guitar: :drums:

:knight3:
Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Ned Flanders »

:grin:
Assault
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Oh. So we stoned a Horseman. Interesting.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Whoa...
this is a lot to take in. So Belsh was Death, and his lynch got Ruth rezzed... meaning there are three Heathens alive? Damn...
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I wonder what we can learn from this about the horsemen's motives/win conditions. From Belsh's last words it looks like they've aligned with the heathens. This isn't really looking good. :\
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wait so are we in a night now? Do the horsemen not count as "evil" to Joshua?
If so this sucks I'm probably gonna die :(
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

No gods...........
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want all PMs by 8pm EST.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Interesting, would be good to get clarity on if Ruth is alive, sounds like it. But Epi has removed Belshazaar from the list of the living but hasn't restored Ruth, so it could just be that the "Ruth" thing was a reference to Belshazzar's death, and the fact he called out goliath and neb to succeed (and not ruth) perhaps lends credence to that. I'm not sure the horseman and heathen have joined forces but it does sound like Belshazzar is mad at the town for lynching him and wants to get revenge. If Ruth is back, I wonder if one of his secrets was that he could rezz one person of his choice, and he chose ruth (heathen) out of anger.

Absalom, you did well again. Got a bit lucky in that he is not heathen. It's unfortunate that they don't have btsc and it's not necessarily going to be easy to find horsemen teammates. On the other hand, I feel like Death was a good one to take out.

Thankfully, I think he thinks Jacob is someone that I don't think Jacob actually is. Jacob might be a loss, but I don't think he is the loss Belshazzar was going for.
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wait, the horsemen don't have btsc? :huh: I guess it doesn't say they did, they just all have secrets, but somehow I assumed... huh. okay.

Also I think what Belsh said makes sense wrt my role? :ninja: But shh the baddies didn't hear that :p
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, I was technically wrong about Belsh, but I'm still going to count it as a win. BIH, Death.

I don't think Ruth is rezzed, or Epi would have restored her in the player list.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Jacob wrote:Wait, the horsemen don't have btsc?
Yeah, I'm not sure why I put that so decisively. It's more accurate to say that I went back to page one to check and it doesn't say they have btsc. They might have it, but there is no guarantee that they do.

I had another theory too - what if Belsh WAS samson, and the reason he was so surprised about samson's votes was because... he wasn't at all surprised. I mean, he was Death, perhaps he could control a vote of a dead character from time to time. It's possible he was hoping that voting Isaac and having Samson vote Mordecai would result in a tie and waste a day for us. Just a thought.
Reporting
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Absalom wrote:Well, I was technically wrong about Belsh, but I'm still going to count it as a win. BIH, Death.

I don't think Ruth is rezzed, or Epi would have restored her in the player list.
I don't think Epi would have said I was alive if I wasn't ;)

Perhaps he did not bother with the update since he knew the self righteous would be stoning a girl posthaste rather than even considering turning the other cheek and giving a girl a second chance :pout:
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Assault
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Greetings, Ruth. I trust you will be a quiet little Heathen until we can get you back where you belong? :)

I would like to request a shortened Day tomorrow. We could lynch Ruth in four hours, no problem. Let's move this along, we don't need 48 hours to do this! That is, if there are no serious objections.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I object. I have 48 hours to convince you I am reformed. I shall have it :noble:

And I live with my mother in law, you should read my book; I am about loyalty. But I still can't get a word in edgewise with that blessed woman; I intend to talk quite extensively, Pilate.
Assault
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Here's the bottom line: Ruth might have been reformed. It's not impossible. But why take that chance? She's still the best candidate for a lynch, regardless of what she says.

Hey Ruth, if you're so good, who are/were your teammates?

ImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Are you asking me to break the rules, Hunny? Rules are important.

Thou shalt not eat shellfish, thou shalt not wear mixed fabrics, thou shalt not crossdress, thou shalt not out thy fellow players.
Assault
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If our resident spear-chucker is still alive, this seems like the perfect opportunity to use it without any fear of being wrong.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Absalom wrote:Here's the bottom line: Ruth might have been reformed. It's not impossible. But why take that chance? She's still the best candidate for a lynch, regardless of what she says.

Hey Ruth, if you're so good, who are/were your teammates?
I checked with the host, and he said it was OK to tell you that Uzziah & Mordecai WERE my teammates. Now they are sleeping somewhat less than peacefully under their allotted 6 feet of Promised Land.

I am nothing if not helpful :noble:

Linki @Balaam :meany:
Assault
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I owe you all an apology for missing the vote. I fell asleep on the couch after work and woke up after the lynch was over. Fail on my part. :(
To be recycled
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Great result, imo. Despite Ruth being rezzed of course. I really doubt Ruth has changed alignment upon her rez. If Belsh could do that as Death, I would assume, based on his post, that he would rez someone like David to join the Heathens. In sum, I think an immediate Ruth lynch would be ideal.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

You think Belsh would rezz anyone not compatible with his win conditions?

interesting POV, Isaac. Interesting indeed.
Assault
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Ruth wrote:You think Belsh would rezz anyone not compatible with his win conditions?

interesting POV, Isaac. Interesting indeed.
What are Belsh's win conditions?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”