Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER II]

Post by Quokka »

Absalom wrote:
Samuel wrote:No. You all have already decided to lynch me so do it. Then see how badly you have played this game. The mafia deserve to win frankly. I'm done talking.
I can't speak for others, but I haven't decided any such thing. I am curious about the Jonah reference though. Why did you bring him up instead of Malchus or someone else inactive? It was so out of the blue and specific. I'm interested in weird things.

You say you don't believe there was a wagon on Isaac because your vote was honest, but those things aren't mutually exclusive. Your vote could be honest, and Rahab's and Deborah's could be sinister.

Why do the mafia deserve to win when we've lynched all but two of them? I think we're doing rather well. If you really are concerned about the civ cause, try helping us baddie hunt instead of pouting. It's unbecoming.
I have my reasons for mentioning him that week become clear once you lynch me. I don't care what is unbecoming. I can't help that my vote record is bad, shop why in goods name will me trekking your who is bad help. I don't know. But I have you the people I would start with and why. And threw in someone I have a very definitive opinion on. So take it or leave it. I rally don't care anymore.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Votes of each player - noting in each case whether or such a vote would be normal if bad - and if so why. Doing each one at a time.

Rahab

Day 1 - vote 3 on Uzz, after Samson had 7 (distancing)
Day 2 - Vote 6 on Cain, Uzz had 3 (increasing safety margin)
Day 3 - Vote 4 on Uzz, MM had 5 (less likely - close result to tighten the gap BUT Ruth voted right afterwards to increase gap again)
Day 4 - Vote 2 on Lazarus (no accountability in civ vs civ fight)
Day 5 - Vote 7 on Uzz, Jeph on 3 (voting after Uzz already went down)
Day 6 - Vote 2 on Pilate, Ruth on 4, Rachel on 3 (less likely - a vote for Rachel could have been more effective BUT also more obvious. Creating save options?)
Day 7 - Vote 2 on Pilate, Jonathan on 3, Rebecca on 2 (no accountability for Jonathan, consistency bonus - also could be creating options to save Rebecca???)
Day 8 - Vote 1 on Jacob, Jonathan on 4 (no accountability for Jonathan lynch)
Day 9 - Vote 3 Isaac, Mordecai on 2 (save of Mordecai)
Day 10 - Vote 2 on Isaac, Belshazzar on 4 (no accountability for 'civ' lynch, consistency)
Day 11 - Vote 1 on Isaac, Ruth on 3 (consistency, Ruth save)

Rahab does look pretty bad here, if I'm honest.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Samuel wrote:I have my reasons for mentioning him that week become clear once you lynch me.
Yeah, I really don't buy this.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Rebecca

Day 1 - Vote 1 on Jephthah, Samson on 4 (staying out of civ lynch)
Day 2 - Vote 1 on Jephthah, Cain on 7 (staying out of civ lynch again, consistency)
Day 3 - Vote 1 on Mary Magdelene, Uzz on 3, Job on 2 (this one is interesting - worth a look to see if Rebecca was a key thread reason for MM's lynch train, otherwise it's a less likely vote).
Day 4 - Vote 3 on Balaam, Job on 2 (interesting again - and again slightly less explainable as heathen, although its civ v civ - potentially distancing from Uzz?)
Day 5 - Vote 1 on Jeph, Uzz on 1 (early vote for Uzz's main lynch competitor for the day).
Day 6 - Vote 2 on Rachel, Ruth on 4 (along with Mordecai voting for Rachel right after, could be part of a push to save Ruth)
Day 7 - Vote 2 on Jephthah, 2 on herself, 3 on Jonathan (a MASSIVE leap of faith to use that vote then instead of saving it for self-preservation if civ. Samuel voted for Jephthah later, Mordecai voted last).
Day 8 - no vote (no risk to heathen life)
Day 9 - no vote (and Mordecai was lynched...)
Day 10 - vote 3 on Isaac, Belsh on 5 (staying out of 'civ' lynch)
Day 11 - vote 2 on Isaac, Ruth on 3 (Ruth save)

Rebecca is an interesting mix. Some of her votes could look incredibly damning (day 7, for example), more than any of Rahab's. Others seem far less likely (day 9's miss, day 3...), less than any of Rahab's. If Rebecca is bad, she is smart at keeping herself moving, and staying very consistent with her suspicions. I'd say that a thread read is in order to make sense of the context.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

What I don't get about Samuel is why he is SO quick to throw in the towel. He has barely been mentioned all game. The first time he takes any heat at all, he flips out and basically says he wants to quit. What gives?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

It's because Samuel isn't bad.

I am voting Deborah.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm just working on Deborah, but I've noticed in these rainbow lists some clear patterns emerging with Mordecai, Uzziah, Ruth AND some of those people I'm analysing, and those patterns are that they are frequently the first vote on people (whether or not those people end up with lots of votes) and also frequently some middling vote in a losing vote train. Interesting to note those patterns in the context of the people I'm analysing today.

@absalom - what do you think gives? (And I would note Isaac did it too) I dunno what to make of it.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Stephen wrote:It's because Samuel isn't bad.

I am voting Deborah.
Interesting development. And you know that how?

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Stephen, I really wish you would contribute more than these drop ins. You could be so helpful, you've had reasonably good instincts.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote: @absalom - what do you think gives? (And I would note Isaac did it too) I dunno what to make of it.
Isaac had been taking heat for a while before he blew his stack, if I recall correctly. This is different. One explanation is that he's a frustrated Heathen who feels sure he's lost the game at this point. For me, the comment that the Heathens have basically won when that is not remotely true reads super bad. Why would a civvie be so upset when we are winning?

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Deborah

Day 1 - Vote 1 for Cain, 2 on Samson, 2 on Uzz (this vote doesn't look too bad in isolation, less likely for heathen)
Day 2 - Vote 4 for Cain, Uzz on 1 (solidifies Cain's lead over Uzz)
Day 3 - Vote 5 for MM, 3 on Uzz (pretty suspect, big role in saving Uzz)
Day 4 - self vote (no accountability for anything)
Day 5 - Vote 1 for Malchus, Uzziah on 9 (can't be seen as simply getting on the train after a teammate goes down)
Day 6 - Vote 2 for Jacob, Ruth on 4, Rachel on 3, Absalom and Pilate on 2 (seems less likely - spreading the vote so far when they could help save Ruth?)
Day 7 - missed vote, no heathen in trouble
Day 8 - vote 6 on Jonathan (nothing here either way, Jonathan was going down)
Day 9 - missed vote (again, no save on Mordecai - would be very surprised if both Deborah and Rebecca are heathen)
Day 10 - vote 5 on Belshazzar (nothing really in this either way).
Day 11 - vote 3 on Isaac, 5 on ruth (possibly trying to save ruth).

Deborah looks cleanest of the three for me so far. There are some shady votes, but there are also quite a few days which don't really make a whole lot of sense from a heathen perspective - days 1, 6 and 9 particularly. Also, many votes are not really that shady in the slightest. She does jump on lynch trains though, all the time.

Would like to hear more about Stephen's opinion here.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Short break - back for Samuel later. So far, based solely on voting orders, I'd rate from most to least suspicious

Rebecca
Rahab
Deborah
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I don't think Deborah's Day 1 vote is un-Heathen like. It was early and very few votes had come in. A teammate could safely have voted as she did, knowing there were other teammates ready for a save if necessary. I also think the Day 4 and 5 votes are incriminating. It would have looked bad for her to jump on the Uzziah train at the last minute, so a vote elsewhere makes more sense.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom wrote:I don't think Deborah's Day 1 vote is un-Heathen like. It was early and very few votes had come in. A teammate could safely have voted as she did, knowing there were other teammates ready for a save if necessary. I also think the Day 4 and 5 votes are incriminating. It would have looked bad for her to jump on the Uzziah train at the last minute, so a vote elsewhere makes more sense.
1 could be heathen, 6 is more tricky for me, and do you agree with me that it's unlikely that BOTH rebecca and deborah would fail to vote on day 9 if bad?

I need to reread these people too, because truthfully it's shades of grey - none of them look good after vote analysis.

Back to Samuel.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:
Absalom wrote:I don't think Deborah's Day 1 vote is un-Heathen like. It was early and very few votes had come in. A teammate could safely have voted as she did, knowing there were other teammates ready for a save if necessary. I also think the Day 4 and 5 votes are incriminating. It would have looked bad for her to jump on the Uzziah train at the last minute, so a vote elsewhere makes more sense.
1 could be heathen, 6 is more tricky for me, and do you agree with me that it's unlikely that BOTH rebecca and deborah would fail to vote on day 9 if bad?

I need to reread these people too, because truthfully it's shades of grey - none of them look good after vote analysis.

Back to Samuel.
Yeah, I do agree with you. Day 6 and 9 are the major hiccups in the "Deborah is bad" theory.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And finally Samuel

Samuel

Day 1 - Vote 7 on Samson, 5 on cain, 3 on uzz (bandwagon vote)
Day 2 - missed vote
Day 3 - missed vote
Day 4 - Vote 5 on Job, Balaam on 3 (just about determined which civ would be lynched... not exactly heathen but not necessarily not either)
Day 5 - Vote 3 on Jephthah, Uzz on 5 (could be an attempted save)
Day 6 - vote 8 on Ruth (after it's over)
Day 7 - vote 4 on Jeph, 3 on jonathan (again, one of the determining votes in a civ on civ)
Day 8 - vote 10 on Jonathan (more or less irrelevant)
Day 9 - Vote 5 on Isaac, 4 or 5 on Mordecai (depending on what you make of samson - Samuel ties it up, mordecai save attempted?)
Day 10 - missed vote
Day 11 - vote 5 on Isaac, 5 on Ruth (see day 9)

So - Samuel's votes on day 9 and 11 would be outrageously obviously heathen behaviour. Before that, there really isn't much to say either way beyond day 5.

Theories on Samuel

1) Samuel is actually being honest, a civ REALLY in the wrong place at the wrong time, twice responsible for a tie vote that fails to save a baddie (but both times to lynch isaac...)
2) Samuel is a recruited judas, whose heart isn't in a heathen win anyway...

Actually, after looking through that, I tend to feel Samuel looks least bad of the four. In he context of a baddie team that has done a pretty good job of hiding for the most part, Samuel's votes would be very obvious... especially the second one when Ruth is known to be bad.

On the other hand, I can completely understand a baddie throwing in the towel if they have twice tried to save their teammate and failed, knowing how obvious their votes would look.

I'm keeping an open mind on Samuel, and all things considered Rebecca is the one I most want to read back on. Her voting record feels the craftiest.
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Huh, I could see Samuel as Judas. Especially since I found Stephen's vouch trustworthy -- maybe he searched/checked Sam earlier when he was civ, but now he's turned bad.

I could see any of Deborah, Rebecca, or Rahab as heathen but I feel too uncertain to pick one. Also, is there a reason we're not considering just trying again for an Isaac lynch?

@Esther- I really would recommend reading the thread. It's essential for participating and contributing reasonably, and it just ends up awkward for you when you comment on stuff you didn't pay attention to. For instance, if you had been paying attention you might have noticed that Spacedaisy actually voted by accident, and so Absalom was commenting on that. I wasn't going to fault you for not remembering that Isaac mentioned replacing in several days ago, and I understand being busy and having to skim a page or two, but you could at least try your best to read as much as possible before posting and having no idea what you're talking about.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

For Esther's sake - it is clear there have been substitutions in this game and the host has never mentioned them. Isaac and Stephen were two that were clear before Bathsheba.

I don't blame Epi for wanting to have a full house of socks for endgame. Still wondering what to do about Malchus.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

It's not hard to do a readback of Rebecca. She had only 28 posts. She hasn't spoken for four 'days' - yet votes have still occurred... where are you Rebecca? Why spaketh thee not a lot?

Rebecca started a bit louder. A full 8 of her posts are on the first day. Almost everything she posts for days and days is on the subject of Jephthah. And the last of her 28 posts is an apology for lynching Jephthah. She has done very close to literally nothing else.

But there are some interesting things. This post in particular.
Rebecca wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:His vote for Rebecca comes for a post of hers that isn't good.
What about the post wasn't good?

There's still plenty of time. I can very well die instead of him anyways, I'm sure.
"Ruth bussing Uzziah doesn't sound like what a teammate would do, so I'll feel comfortable voting for Rachel instead, on which I had almost no opinion on throughout the game"
I must be speaking another language. Because I'm not understanding how multiple people can interpret three/four sentences so far from what my intent was.
Rebecca wrote:
Jephthah wrote:This is Rebecca's post before her vote last day
Rebecca wrote:Ruth was the 6th vote for Uzziah when Jeph had 3, and also suspected Uzziah throughout.

Save one baddie by sacrificing a teammate is not the most optimal situation for a team, but it happens.

It looks like Jeph tried to push Samuel with 3 votes on Uzziah already, and that may have backfired when other votes were cast for Jeph himself.

However, he has 0 votes at the moment. And in lieu of that, I feel most comfortable about casting a 2nd vote on Rachel, most likely to be his and/or Uzzy's teammate who had to vote to sacrifice him.
She talks about how Ruth voted to maybe save me by sacrificing Uzziah. Says it's not optimal but it happens. Then she says that because I didn't have any votes, she's not voting me. Why didn't she vote Ruth?????

Did I misinterpret what she said here? I might choose Rebecca after all.
You did, but I don't think I did a thorough job explaining myself in the first place.

My point was that her vote came before a save would have even needed to be fathomed. There was still no clear indication that you would be option #2. Isaac and Jonah pushed it closer after that. Which is, in part, why I looked to Rachel out of the 3 final votes for Uzzy.
So again, I was iterating how Ruth in essence (and I now believe inadvertently) forced the need for the baddie team to decide between Jeph and Uzzy, after (what I believed at the time) Rachel and Jeph hoped for another name to take on more votes.

My logic may be horrible and idiotic, but it's certainly not a ruse. :noble:
Rebecca wrote:So I meant to quote this post:
Jacob wrote:Okay I have to go now. I'm voting for Rebecca. I think either she or Mordecai could be bad but I've been less certain of Mordecai.
:ninja:
There is really nothing in Rebecca's vote history that I find interesting in the slightest. But the fact she is SO quiet but still voting bothers me a lot.
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

I'm sorry for not being very helpful this week. I am INSANELY busy at work. I will try to check back in later, but I may just vote for Lazarus with Lot. Any reason I should not?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Isaac wrote:I'm sorry for not being very helpful this week. I am INSANELY busy at work. I will try to check back in later, but I may just vote for Lazarus with Lot. Any reason I should not?
I have two reasons why you should not. Lazarus is not a Heathen and Lot is in no danger of being killed by him today.

ImageImageImage
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Absalom wrote:
Isaac wrote:I'm sorry for not being very helpful this week. I am INSANELY busy at work. I will try to check back in later, but I may just vote for Lazarus with Lot. Any reason I should not?
I have two reasons why you should not. Lazarus is not a Heathen and Lot is in no danger of being killed by him today.
Good enough for me.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Absalom wrote:
Who do you think is bad and why, Sam?
Samuel wrote:I feel certain that Jonah is not a heathen. Either he is horseman or he is civ. Bit I think it is extremely unlikely he is heathen. I don't feel any need to vote there ay the moment.

And come on, why would a heathen vote for Ruth? That is the stupidest thing a heathen could have done. It would be an easy vote for her team matters to use to look civ. I voted the way I decided in that split second and I have no regrets about my vote. You are declaring isaac good based on my late vote in part. Consider if I am civ, what does that mean for isaac? I am civ.
I have to agree with Absalom and Bathsheba. You didn't answer the question. Your lack of defense is very suspicious too.
Samuel wrote:No. You all have already decided to lynch me so do it. Then see how badly you have played this game. The mafia deserve to win frankly. I'm done talking.
Absalom wrote:What I don't get about Samuel is why he is SO quick to throw in the towel.
Stephen wrote:It's because Samuel isn't bad.
Or is it b/c he wants us to THINK he isn't bad. Feel sorry for him and think he is civ.
Jacob wrote:
@Esther- I really would recommend reading the thread. It's essential for participating and contributing reasonably, and it just ends up awkward for you when you comment on stuff you didn't pay attention to. For instance, if you had been paying attention you might have noticed that Spacedaisy actually voted by accident, and so Absalom was commenting on that. I wasn't going to fault you for not remembering that Isaac mentioned replacing in several days ago, and I understand being busy and having to skim a page or two, but you could at least try your best to read as much as possible before posting and having no idea what you're talking about.
I mostly read, partly skim, I never totally skip posts. I don't always retain all the info I read either, sorry. I am not always around at the end of the day to see the results in the poll. Also, to see the results, I have to click "view results" and I don't always do that as I am reading.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

I had a lot of this written earlier and meant to post last night, but I definitely fell asleep. So, here I am with some added stuff. It might be a bit long.

Where the hell did Rebecca come from? Voted second for Isaac, but hasn't posted in the thread since Day 7. Shady as fuck.

There are a lot of people that seem to be lying low and missing votes, and the missing voters this time surprised me. Well, except Malchus. Dunno where that guy's been. But Pilate and Lazarus missing the vote was weird as hell. Lazarus kinda fell on the back burner for me in the wake of my suspicions for Pilate, then Isaac (and the speculation of Lazarus' being Simon) but the missed vote and what I saw as shady before is coming back to mind. Why is/was he so adamant about lynching Lot? And where was he? He never explains himself.

And as for Samuel, I'm torn. On the one hand, there's this:
Samuel wrote:I understand why my vote looks bad, but the truth is I came in thinking I may have missed the vote, saw I had literally one minute and voted in a panic. If I were a heathen, it would have been really fucking stupid to out myself in such a way to save a confirmed teammate. And I am not sure that I would have voted any differently if I had not cast a panic vote at the last minute. I don't trust a Rez by a dead role with a win con I don't know, but that I know wasn't on my team. So I stand by my vote.
It would be a helluva risk for a baddie to perform this feat of tying up the vote not once, but twice in a game. But then again, we had Uzziah who openly rooted for the baddies, so it's not out of the question. I'm also often a sucker for emotional appeals, and Samuel seems genuinely pissed at the suspicion being thrown his way and has attempted to explain himself. However, there aren't any votes on him yet, just speculation, and emotional appeals have been used to manipulate civs, so...one can be very convincing in writing. Like others, I also would like to know what this Jonah speculation is, and don't really like the way Samuel said we'd "find out when he's lynched." So there's all that to consider.

Weird poll ending time. Technically I'm awake for it, but I'm a mean-spirited zombie in the morning so I'll be voting sometime later tonight before I go out most likely. Need more time to think. And food.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I agree that Samuel seems genuinely pissed off, Rahab. But I'm not at all convinced that a civ would be more likely to be pissed off than a Heathen. In fact, in Samuel's case, I think it's the other way around.

Why would a civilian who has, frankly, not been that involved, and has a terrible voting record, be so upset about a little suspicion? Especially when we have done a reasonably good job of ferreting out baddies?

On the other hand, a Heathen who has watched his teammates get correctly identified and picked off one after another, despite his attempts to save them, would have lots of reasons to be pissed off that we found him so easily. That's how I'm reading it, anyway.

ImageImageImage
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Absalom wrote:I agree that Samuel seems genuinely pissed off, Rahab. But I'm not at all convinced that a civ would be more likely to be pissed off than a Heathen. In fact, in Samuel's case, I think it's the other way around.

Why would a civilian who has, frankly, not been that involved, and has a terrible voting record, be so upset about a little suspicion? Especially when we have done a reasonably good job of ferreting out baddies?

On the other hand, a Heathen who has watched his teammates get correctly identified and picked off one after another, despite his attempts to save them, would have lots of reasons to be pissed off that we found him so easily. That's how I'm reading it, anyway.
True. Baddies get pissed, too.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Samuel wrote:I am civ.

I obviously don't trust isaac. Lot's recent behavior has me questioning him. I realize we have no reason basis to judge Bathsheba on, but I don't want to give someone a pass just because they replaced in. I don't know. If I had a better idea of who bad my voting record wouldn't be so bad now would it?
If you want to understand why I am pissed it is because of a combination of two things. First, this bull about me not answering the question keeps floating around and getting repeated as a reason I am suspicious. I did answer the question as soon as it was asked of me. And I had another post, I believe it was earlier than this about why I find Lot's behavior suspicious. The only thing I didn't clarify was what in particular has me suspecting Isaac. I actually had written a post but it was not there when I went back to find it today, so I must have lost it without knowing. I was posting from work last night. The reason I suspect Isaac is because when it ended in a tie between Mordecai and Isaac, Mordecai threw his vote off instead of using it to save himself. This makes no sense to me if Isaac is civ. It only makes sense if Mordecai and Isaac are on a team.

The second reason I was so pissed was because I was unwisely posting from work in the midst of what was literally the worst day I have had at this job since I started back in March. So i should not have been posting then because I was already worked up about stuff unrelated to mafia and my patience was already thin. For this reason I apologize about the bad gameplay comment. However, I do believe there has been a lot of faulty logic in this game. We lynched Jonathon based on vote record and it only got us a civ lynch and how many others? You will be repeating this mistake if you lynch me. Voting records can net you baddies, but you can't divorce intuition from mafia completely because civs can have bad voting records as well. I was pissed because I felt like my words were being twisted, my valid responses ignored, and I was about to fall prey to the same thing Jonathon did.

Esther asked me if I could see how my vote looked bad. One of the first things I posted after I voted was that I could see how my vote looked bad, because I can. But no matter how it looks, it doesn't change the fact that I am indeed a civilian and you don't want to lynch me.

Regardless, I have played a shitty game myself, so if you lynch me so be it. But it won't be a happy day for the people of god, believe me. Anyway, I'm done, do what you want.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

I am voting Isaac.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

One last thing, I think I may have been wrong about Jonah. There is a chance he may be a heathen after all. I think I missed a detail that once taken into account it changes things for me. It would actually make me put him back on my list. I need to revisit the last time he was active.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Samuel wrote:The reason I suspect Isaac is because when it ended in a tie between Mordecai and Isaac, Mordecai threw his vote off instead of using it to save himself. This makes no sense to me if Isaac is civ. It only makes sense if Mordecai and Isaac are on a team.
This is actually a pretty good argument...

In one sense lynching Isaac would be interesting because if he IS bad, it could actually make a whole lot of other ambiguous people look a bit better. And certainly we'd be foolish to clear Isaac altogether...

My biggest concern about you, Samuel, is why would lynching you clear Jonah's name? I can't see any clear role to fit you into which would achieve this. and linki - lol, ok. Now I feel better about that again.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

It won't clear his name. In fact, I am unconvinced of Jonah again, because I missed something. Disregard my earlier comment about him.
To be recycled
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Gunther »

Lot and Absalom, have either of you read back on Rahab? Her votes looked the worst in the analysis but I have not had time to read her posts today. The other analyses were very well done and have convinced me I don't want to vote for Rebecca, Deborah, or Samuel. Samuel in fact reminded me of something i forgot - Mordecai's throw away vote when he was up against Isaac. I also recall from an earlier analysis Isaacs votes looked bad. I'm thinking about a vote for him if nothing else comes up (and there's not much time left for something to come up). Any ideas who you are likely to vote for?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Samuel wrote:The reason I suspect Isaac is because when it ended in a tie between Mordecai and Isaac, Mordecai threw his vote off instead of using it to save himself. This makes no sense to me if Isaac is civ. It only makes sense if Mordecai and Isaac are on a team.
THIS is interesting and it is enough to convince me to let Samuel alone for at least another day. Good eye Sam. I have to vote now. the end of the lynch period will end before I am able to get into the thread in the morning. I am voting Isaac. I've been suspecting him a while but just by gut....I think Sam brings up some real evidence against him here.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I haven't read back on Rahab today. I did not so long ago and came back with a) civ vibes and b) a potential RL identity for the sock whose civ game would mesh with that. But the voting record is definitely poor.

I'm surprised the voting record has you definitely convinced not to vote the other three, I didn't think it could be considered to clear them...

I expect I'll vote Lazarus today, since that's my gig - and since I already did ages ago.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Lot wrote:I haven't read back on Rahab today. I did not so long ago and came back with a) civ vibes and b) a potential RL identity for the sock whose civ game would mesh with that. But the voting record is definitely poor.

I'm surprised the voting record has you definitely convinced not to vote the other three, I didn't think it could be considered to clear them...

I expect I'll vote Lazarus today, since that's my gig - and since I already did ages ago.
Sorry Lot, I forgot about your Lazarus vote. Hard to believe I'd forget something like that.

Maybe I better re-read today and I'll find one of those three to vote for. Have you personally decided Isaac isn't bad?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Well, put it this way. Ruth voted for Isaac 4th yesterday, putting him in a position where there was a genuine chance he would be lynched instead of her. Why would the heathen team risk lynching someone no-one knows is heathen instead of someone we already know is?

Samuel's view on Isaac persuades me more about Samuel's mindset than about Isaac actually being bad.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, I have to vote for somebody, and my gut tells me Rahab. I really don't think Isaac is bad at this point.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

This vote is pretty exciting!
Reporting
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Lot wrote:Well, put it this way. Ruth voted for Isaac 4th yesterday, putting him in a position where there was a genuine chance he would be lynched instead of her. Why would the heathen team risk lynching someone no-one knows is heathen instead of someone we already know is?

Samuel's view on Isaac persuades me more about Samuel's mindset than about Isaac actually being bad.
Ruth would vote that way in order to distance herself from Isaac. The genuine chance he could be lynched is what makes it smart distancing, the risk element makes it that much more convincing.

I think that Isaac and Lot are both bad. I'll vote Isaac this time.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Pilate wrote:
Lot wrote:Well, put it this way. Ruth voted for Isaac 4th yesterday, putting him in a position where there was a genuine chance he would be lynched instead of her. Why would the heathen team risk lynching someone no-one knows is heathen instead of someone we already know is?

Ruth would vote that way in order to distance herself from Isaac. The genuine chance he could be lynched is what makes it smart distancing, the risk element makes it that much more convincing.

You think I spent absolutely quite literally days rallying against my own teammate? The fact he has taken as much heat is primarily because I have not let up on him since Uzziah was stoned until today, what is that, like 7 days? (That's kind of biblical!)

I'm the one who first called Isaac out
I'm the one who came out with the 'lets see if he gets activated' plan
I'm the one Isaac said he wanted to be lynched for just so my ego would be taken down a peg...

I don't know how anyone could reasonably think I am Isaac's teammate.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Well, I've decided to go with the vote analyses and of those Rahab's was the worst. I really feel like I'm in a hard spot because I'm not totally convinced about anyone, but I have to use some criteria and the worst vote analysis and Absalom's gut are the two things I've picked. I'm a little worried about Lot's feeling that he knows who Rahab is and this is indicative of his/her civ game (I think that's what you're getting at Lot) but I've got to vote somewhere. I thought about sleeping on it but the risk is too great I'd sleep through it. So, I'll vote *Rahab* tonight.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Yeah, that's what I was getting at BUT that is two layers of gut read laid on top of one another - a gut feel about who the sock is, and a gut feel about their civ game. It's definitely not better than real evidence.

And her vote record is pretty bad looking.
Reporting
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Celeste »

Sorry host and players that I have been so fail. I am surprised to find that I am still alive, but more surprised that it's apparently Chapter 2 again. I'm like really far behind but I'm gonna try to recommit myself to the game because Damn the Heathens.

I'm going back to read some of what I'm missed but does anybody have a recent summary of events for me?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

Pilate wrote:

The point about the Mordecai/Isaac tie is solid, Mordy's vote makes no sense if they aren't teamies. That, and while I know I haven't made a ton of posts in this game, I've got a decent sense of who I think is trustworthy, and Pilate is one of them, so Isaac is getting my vote again.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Gah I feel so uncertain about everyone at this point. Guess I'll still go with Isaac for tonight and hope for the best.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Morning. Ugh. Won't miss vote. Obviously I'm okay with voting Isaac.

:zombie: need :tea: now...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is wicked among you?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:18 am

Absalom
No votes

Bathsheba
No votes

Deborah
Stephen (6)
6%

Esther
No votes

Isaac
Samuel (8), Esther (9), Pilate (11), Deborah (13), Jacob (14), Rahab (15)
38%

Jacob
No votes

Jonah
No votes

Lazarus
Lot (5)
6%

Lot
No votes

Malchus
No votes

Pilate
No votes

Rahab
Absalom (10), Bathsheba (12)
13%

Rebecca
No votes

Samuel
No votes

Stephen
No votes

False-Witness Bearers (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Balaam (3), Golden (4), acrosstheaether (7), S~V~S (16)
38%

Total votes : 16
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Second Mafioso

Chapter II
1 The next day, the people of Sin-d’kaht rose up against Isaac, for some were testifying against him, saying, “We have seen him do evil things with Mordecai.” 2 Before the cock crowed, they took Isaac out to the city gates and stoned him. 3 And Isaac did not cry out when he was being stoned, for, although he was a tax collector named Matthew previously, he had repented of his sins. 4 Those who had forgiven him mourned his death, and accused those who had stoned him. 5 For this reason, it was said, “Someone has borne false witness against Isaac, and we have listened to lying spirits!”
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

RIP Isaac. :(

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, this makes Samuel look still worse, although Rahab's vote actually makes her look better in my eyes. Why would a Heathen pile on last to a civ lynch train?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”