Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER V]

Post by Gunther »

Lot, thank you for doing the voting analyses and I can see right away why Esther stands out on your list. Esther got mad at me for asking questions of her but later apologized and asked if we could be buddies. I thought that was kind of odd at the time but I'm nothing if not a sucker for emotional appeals. In hindsight, if I were a baddie I'd like as few people to not like me as possible. I'd like to re-read her today just because I like to have the complete picture in my head, but your vote analysis is very compelling. And I agree that we (not including you)have to vote together.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

That's a nice case, Rahab, but the first part just feels to me like baddie-style talk. Calling Lot a flip-flopper just because he's actually thinking and re-thinking as he goes. So, what, we have to all tunnel-vision our suspects? That just caught my eye in your post and pinged me.

You can count on me to vote for Rahab or Esther. I won't choose now, but I will not split the vote between those two when I do vote... just mentioning it so that someone else can be confident in casting the first vote.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Quokka »

I am leaning towards Esther today. The other two seem like a riskier move and I'm not sure that we can afford a risky move at the moment.
To be recycled
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Ok so I going to make a list of who I trust and who I don't trust. I will start with who I trust the most and work my way down.

-Samuel
-Lot
-Bathsheba
-Rahab
-Pilate
-Esther
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot, you are out of your mind and all over the place. First you say Rahab is the ONE to lynch today ant that you should have thought that yesterday. Then you say that I am the one to lynch. Then you say, Nah, Rahab may be good and me and Pilate are bad together. Then you say, nah, I can't see Esther and Pilate bad together. Stop giving us word vomit and actually be of help.

How in the world could you think Pilate and I are on a team (even if you went back on what you said later) I have been saying all game how I think he is bad news!
Rahab wrote:Both Pilate's and Esther's records make them candidates for Judas; however, I think Pilate's behavior in combination with the record make him the more viable candidate. I said I didn't want to ignore what I saw as blatantly baddie behavior anymore, and I want to get this one right so badly. I know you're trying to create an option that's not Pilate vs. Rahab to prevent splitting of votes (because I'm sure as hell not voting myself), but I really think Pilate is the way to go today. But I will be good and hold out to see what others have to say.
Well, I am not Judas, so it must be Pilate then. I agree he is a good vote for today.
Bathsheba wrote:Lot, thank you for doing the voting analyses and I can see right away why Esther stands out on your list. Esther got mad at me for asking questions of her but later apologized and asked if we could be buddies.
Actually, it was friends. And I was just being cute. I realized I was wrong and said so. The "lets be friends" thing was just my personality shining through my post. Seriously, nothing to read into.

Alright...I am all caught up. How in the world do I go from trusted civ to definitely bad overnight? You will be making a mistake if you vote me.

I am getting the ball rolling here. I am voting Pilate. Again. I really think he is the the one who ought to go today.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Samuel, who are you planning on voting for? I think you have the key vote in this lynch. I'm likely to vote Esther but I want to see what you are going to do.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

So Esther and Rahab are going to be voting Pilate...

So here we stand... what call do we make. I cannot promise I am right, I have no info. But I feel like Pilate's behaviour in recent times has looked quite civ to me (including his going after me). I certainly trust Bathsheba. I hope I'm not misplaced in trusting Samuel.
Esther wrote:Stop giving us word vomit and actually be of help.
You know, here is the thing. I just don't believe civilians react this way. And you and Rahab both did, you went straight into 'discredit lot' mode.

I'm sorry if things turned around on you, but I'd sooner figure out who is bad through actual analysis than guess and hope for the best.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Lot, if Samuel will vote for Esther then I'm sure Pilate would vote for her and we'll be 3-2. And we just might be looking at the three civs vs. the two heathens (this doesn't count you and Laz but obviously you two are civs too).
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot wrote:
I'd sooner figure out who is bad through actual analysis than guess and hope for the best.
But your analysis said absolutely nothing. You went back and forth contradicting yourself sometimes even within the same post. I have been saying Pilate is bad news all game. I've stated cases on his voting record and gave an "actual analysis" of his behavior. I didn't waver or contradict myself when I did it either. I thought you were good just about all game. But in the past couple phases, you have just been acting weird. Maybe you lost your confidence in a heathen win and you are just showing your fear through your posts. I am starting to wonder if the last two baddies are Pilate and YOU.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I really hope that we have it, Bathsheba! Hopefully, we have figured it out before it is too late, and I'm sure Pilate and you would vote Esther if Samuel does. But... I just hope the three of you really are the other ones of God's chosen :) I'm nervous now!
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

@esther - that's funny... bathsheba and samuel seemed to find my analysis meaningful.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Laz, why do you trust me more than anyone else?

I'll vote Esther.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Samuel wrote:Laz, why do you trust me more than anyone else?

I'll vote Esther.
I was wondering that too, and I hope he is right.

Sounds like Esther is the way it's going. I'm really sorry if I did all that analysis and came to the wrong conclusion, guys. Although honestly Esther's reactions today don't make me feel any better about her.
Reporting
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I will now vote for Esther.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Oh, I thought from reading the thread that I'd see votes there already. Turns out I AM the first vote after all. :shrug:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Since both Samuel and Pilate have checked in I'm voting for Esther.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Pilate wrote:That's a nice case, Rahab, but the first part just feels to me like baddie-style talk. Calling Lot a flip-flopper just because he's actually thinking and re-thinking as he goes. So, what, we have to all tunnel-vision our suspects? That just caught my eye in your post and pinged me.

You can count on me to vote for Rahab or Esther. I won't choose now, but I will not split the vote between those two when I do vote... just mentioning it so that someone else can be confident in casting the first vote.
I didn't discredit him, if you noticed, and at no point did I advocate for tunnel vision. Both re-thinking AND consistency are necessary for baddie hunting. Yes, I commented on Lot's flip-flopping - he has completely changed his views several times and that makes his thought process hard to follow and, therefore, difficult to agree with completely. I pointed out what I agreed and disagreed with and I think you look worse based on my read. Am I not allowed to have consistency?

I see it's going towards Esther, which I'm not surprised about (I have less charisma than Lot). Like I mentioned in my response to Lot, his case against her is good, and I can see her as a Judas possibility, but I still think Pilate is bad, bad news (and more likely Judas). But I repeat myself, whether or not anyone's listening.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot wrote:

I'll vote Esther.
I was wondering that too, and I hope he is right.

Sounds like Esther is the way it's going. I'm really sorry if I did all that analysis and came to the wrong conclusion, guys. Although honestly Esther's reactions today don't make me feel any better about her.
What I am trying to say is that you never really came to a conclusion. You threw out all sorts of possibilities (many that contradicted one another) and waited for someone to latch onto something. I don't know how anyone could see that as civ behavior. Bath, Sam, you both really think Lot's post was helpful?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I'll vote Esther.
Why? Please don't go along with Lot and Bath just b/c. This is an important decision right now. Why do I look worse than Pilate?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

give me something to defend against Sam.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

My voting record was brought up. Lot says I look bad b/c I vote early or late. First of all, I wouldn't say I vote "early", I would say i vote before most of the others. I don't like to bandwagon. I think its cheap. I think for myself, decide who I see as bad and I go for it. There is nothing wrong with that. The times I voted late (I think it was once or twice) it was b/c RL stuff. Lot says my voted never really MEANT anything. Sure they did. They pointed to my opinion of who was bad. So Lot, are you saying my opinions are worthless?
Pilate wrote:
This is shit. You just don't want to look bad if the person you vote for is civ. So, you are going to vote late and bandwagon.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

You only went ahead and voted me cause you saw everyone else display their loyalty to Lot in the thread
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I'm just trying to get a Civvie win here, Esther, the bast I can. I decided to believe the majority when they say Lot is Civ, despite my own gut reads.
Esther wrote:
Pilate wrote:You can count on me to vote for Rahab or Esther. I won't choose now, but I will not split the vote between those two when I do vote... just mentioning it so that someone else can be confident in casting the first vote.
This is shit. You just don't want to look bad if the person you vote for is civ. So, you are going to vote late and bandwagon.
This has nothing to do with whether or not I look bad. It's about ensuring that we don't split the vote and let the possible two baddies control it.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Well Samuel well your gameplay is what makes me think you are civ sometimes you come off like a misguided civ but still a civ.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Samuel wrote:I am leaning towards Esther today. The other two seem like a riskier move and I'm not sure that we can afford a risky move at the moment.
Also, Sam, can you explain what you mean by this? How are the other two riskier moves? I've been helpful in the game and my voting record is not bad. Lots explanation of my voting record is incorrect. He thinks its bad b/c I voted early or late. But earlier analyses of my voting record reported that there was nothing bad about it. I really think you ought to look into all of this for yourself Sam.

Linki: Pilate, I am starting to wonder about Lot too now. I really am. I think he has turned this around in one crazy contradictory swoop of posts. I am so worried he is bad and we have just lost.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Lot wrote:But overall, I suggest that out best option would be to lynch Esther today, and then if we get that one correct we can regroup for tomorrow. Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
After the whole analysis, this is what I said.

How can you say I didn't reach a conclusion?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And for goodness sake Esther - I went off and did my research in the thread. What has Esther said, how can it be perceived.

Your case against me is 'I'm really worried lot is bad because he changed his mind in a 'contradictory set of posts' which by the way was me analysing one person at a time, talking about possible conclusions I might reach from each of them, and then tying them together in a conclusion. They really are not very hard to follow at all.

And if you WERE civ, you'd be trying to solve this one instead of just trying to make mud stick on your accuser.
Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Are you going to vote Lot?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot wrote:
Lot wrote:But overall, I suggest that out best option would be to lynch Esther today, and then if we get that one correct we can regroup for tomorrow. Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
After the whole analysis, this is what I said.

How can you say I didn't reach a conclusion?
right, but you still contradicted yourself throughout. then, you say, "in conclusion, we should vote Esther." Okay, so...please lay it out to me like I am a kindergartener. Why is voting me the best option. and...why NOT vote the others? You gave reasons to vote everyone in those posts. Why me and why NOT them, since you already stated why you would vote them.

There is nothing to SOLVE right now. We have two more voters, right? We can't solve anything at the moment. All I can do is try to get the reaming votes off of me b/c I am civ. You have made a mistake Lot.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And trust me, if I were bad, Lazarus would have died at some point in the last 8 days or so. This is also why I believe Lazarus is good. Having both of us alive and unable to vote meaningfully is helping the baddies, not hindering them.

But besides that, as I've said many times, it is patently obvious what my role is and YOU know this.

@lazarus - I'm intending to forget to vote my accident.
Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I have a question why does everyone trust me?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

OK, well Esther you scramble away. If you are civ, I've said sorry, I did my best to solve it, I don't need to 'lay it out on you like a kindergarterner' - despite your protests my posts last night were entirely clear. I understand you are doing what you have to do, but I don't believe you. It's Samuel you need to convince.
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot, I honestly do not know your role. And I wasn't trying to build a CASE on you, that was a side note while I was talking to Sam. I just said I am pinged by how you steamrolled this thread the past 20 hours or so even though your posts don't seem logical to me.

I hate that you can be so confident in me being bad when it isn't true. Especially after I trusted you so much before.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

As I said to Bathsheba - everyone alive I trusted.

I trusted you
I trusted Rahab
I trusted Pilate
I trusted Samuel

I was wrong about someone. Probably two someones.

That's why I needed to revisit voting records and thread reads. By the way, I did that for everyone who I did the voting record of, I just posted the things on you because I think you came out looking worst.

I'm not 'so confident' - not in any way. But your posts today make me feel a lot better about our chances.
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot wrote:As I said to Bathsheba - everyone alive I trusted.

I trusted you
I trusted Rahab
I trusted Pilate
I trusted Samuel

I was wrong about someone. Probably two someones.

That's why I needed to revisit voting records and thread reads. By the way, I did that for everyone who I did the voting record of, I just posted the things on you because I think you came out looking worst.

I'm not 'so confident' - not in any way. But your posts today make me feel a lot better about our chances.
I understand. I still think your posts were ridiculously contradictory and that your analysis of my vote record was poor. But, I guess I am not convincing you to vote pilate over me. Its time for me to do the dinner thing. But, for civ sake, look over me and Pilate one more time. Please. I think you will see Pilate is the way to go today.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm not going to be convinced to vote for you OR Pilate. The only person you could convince me to vote for is Lazarus. But I doubt you could convince me of that, either.
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

One more thing. All these civs we've lynched. And after we lynch them we say, man, why didn't they speak up and defend themselves? It would have been really nice if they would have so we could have moved on and lynched someone else. Now that I AM defending myself, you think that's baddie behavior?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm glad you are defending yourself! I really am.

I just think Pilate was the wrong choice to go after. Rahab went after Pilate too. For me, the thing about Pilate is this: I can't see his teammate. It doesn't make sense that he has one, to me.
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lot wrote:I'm glad you are defending yourself! I really am.

I just think Pilate was the wrong choice to go after. Rahab went after Pilate too. For me, the thing about Pilate is this: I can't see his teammate. It doesn't make sense that he has one, to me.
I see your point, but I disagree.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Laz putting me at the top of his trust list has me seriously baffled. Why me and not Lot? And why are they voting each other. Endgame always makes me really paranoid and I am tinfoil hatting all over the place right now.

I just need to stop stressing and cast my vote. Esther, you sound civ, it scares me, but Lot's analysis looks valid and at times I have felt like you were super blendy. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I have to vote somewhere and I'm still leaning you.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VIII]

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:I think I have an idea what's up with Lot. :ponder: We talked a while ago about Job being forced to go at Uzziah (and maybe Uzziah to go at Job, as well??) rather than having tunnel vision - I think Jonah acknowledged the possibility and then so did I - and that it might be a Horseman's doing (War? Conquest?). For Lot to suddenly be enlightened of that must mean that he just got afflicted and Lazarus is the player he must go at.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

If that is true then I have some questions for the host at end game. But for the most part, I trust you. And I already voted so I'm trying not I go down any rabbit holes at the moment.
To be recycled
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Well, I know where I would prefer to vote, but Esther's the next best thing. Hope it's right.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Looks like you could safely vote now, laz, if you wanted to avoid any potential penalty. I will too if you do. We can save the forgetfulness for the next day if you like.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I hope it's right too.

I wish other more vocal people like Absalom and Stephen were here as it would give me more confidence. I don't much like being responsible for what I think is the critical lynch. I really hope you are heathen, Esther.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Rahab wrote:Well, I know where I would prefer to vote, but Esther's the next best thing. Hope it's right.
This seriously looks like distancing. If esther flips bad you definitely will be getting my next vote.
To be recycled
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

It does look that way. But I think we are better off keeping an open mind for now.
Reporting
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Let's be honest here, I'm going to be the next night kill anyway.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

I think you are best served looking at Rahab when that happens. Just my two cents.
To be recycled
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who slew Stephen?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Bathsheba
No votes

Esther
Pilate (6), Bathsheba (7), Samuel (8), Rahab (9)
40%

Lazarus
Lot (10)
10%

Lot
No votes

Pilate
Esther (5)
10%

Rahab
No votes

Samuel
No votes

The Rolling Stones (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Jacob (3), Metalmarsh89 (4)
40%

Total votes : 10
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”