Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VI]

Post by Gunther »

Not much from Isaac, but here's what I found:
1. I set a trap and it looks like the 2 remaining Heathens took the bait. :feb: I'm voting Belsh now. Rahab should be considered for the next lynch.
2. I will also be keeping an eye on Pilate's voting style (not necessarily his pattern :P ). I haven't been a big fan of his, but for now :eye:
3. Also, Pilate's latest post feels like a major gambit. The wifom is strong with this one. hooooooo purhhhhhhh. (Pilates response to Uzziah saying Pilate is good)
4. This ^ I don't like the way that Pilate's been voting at all. Could just be me, though. I half agree with Deborah saying that he could be neutral. But voting Pilate just because is sooooo tempting.
5. I simply didn't like the way Pilate voted or the substance of his posts during and after his vote. I even stated so (albeit sarcastically) in the same post.

I should have said this in the first place but I go backwards through the posts so the most recent is on top.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Okay. Here I am. Busy morning and I'm still a little peeved about my post disappearing last night. Anyway. You guys have chosen to look at me in a bad light and are "leaning" towards me, so hope for myself is failing, but like I said, I'll fight it to the end. Honestly, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, or I'm like that dude in the cartoon that keeps seeing the dancing frog and no one else does: no one else sees what I see simply because I know I'm not bad, but I'm being screwed by the baddies and will probably die for it. Here's how.
Lot wrote:For Esther and Pilate to be bad means that they had to have planned a long time in advance that this is how it would look if one of them came back bad. Which would be a really clever move well played. But Esther's defence here of Rahab also looks a bit like she is teamies with Rahab.
Lot, as crazy as it sounds, this is exactly what I believe has happened here, or something like it. I'll defend myself in the two ways I know I can: my play, and explaining what I believe how the baddies have used Pilate as "insurance."

Lot, you said yourself you'd bet money (or something like it) that you know who I am behind the sock. If you're right, then you know that I am not a clumsy baddie. At all. My asset to my team when bad is to stay as inconspicuous and unnoticed as possible without being absent. Voting the way I have for what look like obvious "baddie saves" is far from inconspicuous - it's so obvious it hurts. As I've mentioned before, I vote for what I personally see as bad, and sometimes that's not what's popular in the thread, and this means I may miss the baddie du jour at one point or another. Here as a civ, you're damned if you hop on a bandwagon, you're damned if you start a civ lynch, and you're damned if you go off and vote your own thing without support. Voting the way I have away from others also draws attention to me, something I work my damnest not to do when working with a baddie team. But that's if you know who I am. Enough about me - let's do some roleplay ;) with part II of my defense.

Let's put ourselves in the shoes of this baddie team from the beginning. They did quite well at the start, allowing 10 people to die before Uzziah, who blatantly stated he was "rooting for the baddies" in the thread. Looking good. But then Ruth is lynched the day after, and by Day IX, although several non-heathens have died in the wake, 3 out of a team of 5 baddies are stoned out of the their minds, leaving a trail to catch who's left hiding in the thread.

Enter Judas, killing in Chapter X. From a behavior and voting standpoint, this is the logical place where Pilate was recruited, and at a great time - his voting record beforehand is pretty good for a civ, votes for both Uzziah and Mordecai. As I mentioned before, his posts changed largely from uninvolved and strangely unlogical enough to garner attention:
Chapter IV:
Pilate wrote:I'm shocked that I don't have more suspicion by now. So this is the life of an unforgivably low poster. :shrug:
Chapter VI:
Pilate wrote:What happened to the night? We lynched Uzziah, and went straight into another lynch?
(Read the tone in his posts pre-Judas for yourselves. A pattern of not paying much attention to the happenings, coasting on others' suspicions, and suspecting himself)

To suddenly a lot less conspicuous and a lot more involved and informed:
Chapter II (Second Mafioso)
Pilate wrote:
Lot wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Voting LOT
Agreed.

Sorry Isaac.
So, now that we know Isaac is good, you are going to lynch the person who you claimed was HIS baddie teammate...

Also the person doing the examining of potential vote trains to try to save Ruth and Mordecai while lynching Isaac...

What sense do you even think this makes on any planet?

Why are you going after me, Pilate? Because before I thought you were just someone who wasn't reading the thread, but now I'm really wondering what's going on.
I am reading, and I believe I commented before on my suspicion of you. Your posts and your "rationalizations" only make me suspect you more... for instance, you're trying to gain cred by referencing your support of Isaac. It's only the baddies who would know 100% that Isaac was not bad, and you sound like someone who expected credit for being right about him. Like it was your plan to bask in a little more trust because you knew who's a Civvie and who's a baddie. :srsnod: :eye:

*voting Lot*

Since you're "really wondering what's going on", that's what's going on. I am voting for you to be lynched.
He also repeatedly refers to Absalom's "impeachable" comment and his previous vote record to garner support for himself (a bit jokingly, but it does its job by planting the thought). My point about his behavior is this: at first, I saw his weirdness and proclivity to point out his own weirdness as baddie behavior, but I changed my mind upon looking at his vote record. After Judas, he drops pointing out his oddities from the beginning and seems to get a lot more involved by reading the thread and serious about playing, something that would indicate that he now has a new team to play for and pay attention for. His vote record becomes a hell of a lot less nice, until Esther. Hold that thought.

Back to Chapter X. Ruth is also resurrected at this point with some confusion for us as to whether or not she was actually "Ruth" at the time, so it buys the baddies some time to sort things out and gives them a great voting record with their newest member. But there are major issues. Ruth is pretty much dead on arrival due to being confirmed baddie. Deborah had been taking heat for ages for being a drive-by player with a horrid voting record and is likely to be voted out soon (and is), and Esther had built what appeared to be a strong "case" on Pilate Chapter VII, but now he's on their team AND he has that voting record. So what does a dying devious baddie team do with Pilate? Uses him as "insurance."

Esther never lets up on her "suspicion" of Pilate, since it's her one big case she's actually posted. Sure, she lets it drop off a bit in conversation for a few rounds, but never lets it go completely and always has a "strong suspicion" of him. She had already planted the seeds in the thread before getting her teammate, but now it's about building either credit or insurance, depending on who's caught. Other people nibble at her bait in Chapter VII, but only one person actually bites and votes - me, because I genuinely saw his behavior pre-Chapter X as strange enough to warrant being a baddie. After that, I'm the only non-baddie who votes for Pilate (only Mordecai and Esther have voted him for the whole game). Fabulous distancing. Really impressive. And now, that can be used to the team's advantage. Can we say "scapegoat?"

Esther's only mentions of me in the thread were either non-committal or buddy-buddy: she agrees with my half-assed, half-baked car idea of Bathsheba's not being a replacement but just being a baddie lying low, and starts saying that I'm being "quiet but helpful" in the thread with nothing for her to worry about. Yeah, real helpful. Real helpful to her team. Because at this point, when we're down to the wire and only two baddies are left, the baddies now have a win-win, and a losing situation for me (and the civs) in any case:

1) Pilate and Esther are up against each other. Pilate is lynched; Esther looks fabulous and coasts to endgame. Rahab and the other civs lose.
2) Pilate and Esther are up against each other. Esther is lynched; Pilate looks fabulous, Rahab looks horrible for not going after his teammate harder, Pilate coasts to endgame. Rahab and the other civs lose.
3) Pilate and Rahab are up against each other. Rahab is lynched and flips civ; Esther continues to rally for Pilate, one is lynched, the other coasts.

You get the picture.

I understand how I look. I look horrible. The baddies have played me like a fucking fiddle and used me in their game, and they're playing the rest of you until the very end. I don't know what else to say other that good God, I am good and I want to win this game. I hope what I wrote above makes sense (I think it was a lot more eloquent and clear last night since I'm a night person, but I did my best to remember it). You guys point out things other confirmed (and essentially confirmed) civs have said regarding suspicions of Pilate. Go with that feeling, because he voted to get those people out. I won't be played by his team anymore. Voting Pilate. Hope you will, too.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

That's actually a really nice theory, Rahab. You forgot the last part where the baddies use that nice theory to "scapegoat" me as a baddie when the time comes.

Either you are Judas, or this game is already lost to the Civs. :shrug: That's all I've got. And I don't think Lot and Bathsheba are bad, just because they are really putting in the effort to find different connections here... it would be all too easy for a baddie to sit back and let Rahab or Pilate get lynched. So it has to be you.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

I love this game!

I love how the work both of you, Pilate and Rahab, put in to your point of view.

And honestly I can say that no matter which of you is Judas, and no matter which of you I vote for, you've both played a phenomenal game (especially whichever of you is bad) and made this vote very nervewracking for me.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Ok next is Jepth - not sure if he was alive long enough but maybe there will be something:

1. I didn't like Pilate's vote with Absalom who he supposedly thought is bad. But he voted Uzziah first, two times. That makes him look pretty good.
2. The next non Ruth vote is Pilate who voted for Absalom. Yeah, it can be an attempt for a save, but if it is, why not find a reason to vote Rachel too, to make this closer? Still, Ruth has only 2 votes at that point, so it's an open game.

Again, not much at all. No focus whatsoever on either Pilate or Rahab. Also, I forgot to mention in the last one I did there was also no focus at any time one either one. I am more convinced as I go along that neither of these two were very suspicious during the early and middle part of the game.

Also Rahab and Pilate I agree with what Lot just said. This is nerve wracking thanks to how good you guys are.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Also, Rahab, if I do know who you are then you are a sly dog who knows how to win when bad and that fits the bill for Rahab entirely ;)

I'm just reading Mordecai.
Reporting
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Sockys2023 »

Am I still dead? :mafia:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

There is literally nothing in the Mordecai reread about Pilate or Rahab.

What I will say, though, having read all the known heathen back, is that there is no evidence of any one of them ever going after another one of them in the thread. The worst that ever happens is a little mild suspicion that never goes anywhere.

So if it is Pilate, then the Esther/Pilate thing is unique in the way the baddies played the game. That could, however, be because Esther suspected Pilate before they were teammates, so it's not impossible. Still, Rahab being bad fits better with their overall MO.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Bathsheba, I hope you are around for the next little bit, because I don't have much longer before I have to vote and it would be good to be sure we both definitely end up on the same page. I don't want to force your hand.

Stephen is one guy whose attitudes would be interesting because he called out a few baddies successfully this game.

I'm now reading Rahab.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Rahab wrote:People seem to be turning on Rachel.
The inner mind of a prostitute, I guess! :haha:
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Rahab flip flopped a bit on Uzz to start with and eventually voted him out on the day he died. As I've said before, this vote really looks civ to me in its timing and if Rahab is Judas I'm guessing she was recruited after day 5. So everything before that I'm not really looking at.

In fact, given there was no night between then and the lynching on day 7, I'm fairly happy with Rahab the whole way through there. However, what I'd say in any event is even if she is recruited I've rad it all and don't see anything in that time that could be considered as defending or going after any possible teammate except Uzz. She has kept her nose pretty clean on them.

Now we come to the Mordecai lynch. She says:
Spoiler: show
Rahab wrote:I think I've addressed what I wanted to. My top three suspects, since apparently we're doing that:
1) Isaac, in light of Lot's analysis and my own heebie-jeebie feelings
2) Pilate (don't care that others think he's "unimpeachable," he is still suspicious)
3) Rebecca/Jacob. I'd like clarification for that part of Rebecca suspicion, and I feel I might need to rethink Jacob, so he's fallen down a few pegs, but not off the suspicion ladder.
Rahab wrote:Since Mordecai's got some of the eyeball and some votes - he does have a rather bad record, kinda like Isaac and Jacob. Their behavior (especially Isaac's in the last couple of periods), however, combined with that, look worse to me today, although Mordecai seems rather angry in his posts (frustrated civ? Tactical baddie? Angry player?). I feel more wishy-washy with him than I do with my top suspects, but I'd be interested to see what he has to say.
Rahab wrote:
Isaac wrote: Before anyone asks, I suspect Mordecai didn't vote for me because 1. he may have been the Heathen distancing vote. 2. there were 6 players who didn't vote, so maybe he was hoping more would pile onto me.
Distancing from whom? You? Himself? :confused: What's your logic here?
All up, I'd say that looks like someone who wants to be seen as willing to give the eye to Mordecai but also just slightly defends him and certainly wasn't going to vote that way.

This post came after the re-stoning of Ruth and she calls out a number of potentially bad people. Rebecca, Lazarus, Pilate, Malchus, Samuel. No mention of Deborah or Esther. This is merely curious, a civ could do the same.
Rahab wrote:I had a lot of this written earlier and meant to post last night, but I definitely fell asleep. So, here I am with some added stuff. It might be a bit long.

Where the hell did Rebecca come from? Voted second for Isaac, but hasn't posted in the thread since Day 7. Shady as fuck.

There are a lot of people that seem to be lying low and missing votes, and the missing voters this time surprised me. Well, except Malchus. Dunno where that guy's been. But Pilate and Lazarus missing the vote was weird as hell. Lazarus kinda fell on the back burner for me in the wake of my suspicions for Pilate, then Isaac (and the speculation of Lazarus' being Simon) but the missed vote and what I saw as shady before is coming back to mind. Why is/was he so adamant about lynching Lot? And where was he? He never explains himself.

And as for Samuel, I'm torn. On the one hand, there's this:
Samuel wrote:I understand why my vote looks bad, but the truth is I came in thinking I may have missed the vote, saw I had literally one minute and voted in a panic. If I were a heathen, it would have been really fucking stupid to out myself in such a way to save a confirmed teammate. And I am not sure that I would have voted any differently if I had not cast a panic vote at the last minute. I don't trust a Rez by a dead role with a win con I don't know, but that I know wasn't on my team. So I stand by my vote.
It would be a helluva risk for a baddie to perform this feat of tying up the vote not once, but twice in a game. But then again, we had Uzziah who openly rooted for the baddies, so it's not out of the question. I'm also often a sucker for emotional appeals, and Samuel seems genuinely pissed at the suspicion being thrown his way and has attempted to explain himself. However, there aren't any votes on him yet, just speculation, and emotional appeals have been used to manipulate civs, so...one can be very convincing in writing. Like others, I also would like to know what this Jonah speculation is, and don't really like the way Samuel said we'd "find out when he's lynched." So there's all that to consider.

Weird poll ending time. Technically I'm awake for it, but I'm a mean-spirited zombie in the morning so I'll be voting sometime later tonight before I go out most likely. Need more time to think. And food.
This was my biggest ping all game on Rahab:
Rahab wrote:Dammit, this game keeps me awake far too long.

Okay. So obviously Lot and Lazarus are forced to vote each other, which makes me wary to vote either (not that I ever strongly wanted to vote Lot, but Lazarus, sure. Not today though). I see the case on Deborah (in and out, voting record bad, trusting Pilate), but I find what looks like Pilate's power play against Lot (who I don't see as bad, logically or gut-wise) as superbad. Also, if one of the selling points against Deborah is her "trust" in Pilate, then why not go straight for the source? Either one could go but I feel worse about Pilate, especially the vibes in this last cycle.

Ahhh sleep now.
This really does read as an attempt to save Deborah, and I explained afterwards that Deborah using 'trust in Pilate' as her excuse speaks worse about Deb than about Pilate. I don't even know why I would vote Pilate based on something Deborah did? This is kind of face value the most mafia-looking thing I think Rahab has said. She defended her vote afterwards saying she had no good options (perhaps it could be seen that way) - however, her post explaining her rationale looks worse than the vote itself.

And after that came the end game, where she and Esther both went after Pilate which I think we all remember pretty clearly.

All in all, that still leads me to end with Rahab.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Rahab wrote:Lot, you said yourself you'd bet money (or something like it) that you know who I am behind the sock. If you're right, then you know that I am not a clumsy baddie. At all. My asset to my team when bad is to stay as inconspicuous and unnoticed as possible without being absent. Voting the way I have for what look like obvious "baddie saves" is far from inconspicuous - it's so obvious it hurts.
And for what it is worth, I haven't seen any of your votes as conspicuous until that one on Deborah day, and I believe we were at the point in endgame where the baddies might be feeling gambits would pay off. There is certainly nothing about your voting record that screams civilian. In fact, to me it screams 'clever' - you can't read much into it one way or the other.

But the Pilate vote on the Deborah day is the big one for me.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I have read Pilate too but probably won't have time to make a full post about it. I'll try if I get a moment. I'm going to have a shower and may have to vote after that.

But, Pilate's biggest selling point in his favour for me isn't really his posting in the thread, it doesn't look that great particularly, but his vote for Mordecai on day 9 looks better than anything Rahab is done since the point where we know Judas must have been recruited.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IX]

Post by Snapshot »

Posts from Pilate at Mordecai time. Sounds genuine to me, but it's not out of the question it could be throwing a teammate under the bus. It would be bold if it was.
Pilate wrote:I think it's not wise to make judgements on Isaac based on what the baddies do. That's giving the baddies all the power to shape what we think. That will usually end up bad, unless you pull some kind of 180 on the expected response.

I'm down with a Mordecai vote today, I've thought he was a little sketchy, and the vote record analysis was convincing enough.

OH, and I love the fact that I'm unimpeachable. Ha ha! Who woulda thunk, ol' Pilate would finally make good! Of course, I did give you guys your first baddie lynch, so I'm not surprised.

If the baddies wanna kill a trusted and confirmed Civ, then I'm a great choice.
Pilate wrote:Ninja vote time for Pilate. Sorry. I think that a Mordecai vote will give us some good information right now.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER X]

Post by Snapshot »

The Ruth stuff. First two posts look good for Pilate, the last does not at all.
Pilate wrote:Greetings, Ruth. I trust you will be a quiet little Heathen until we can get you back where you belong? :)

I would like to request a shortened Day tomorrow. We could lynch Ruth in four hours, no problem. Let's move this along, we don't need 48 hours to do this! That is, if there are no serious objections.
Pilate wrote:
Absalom wrote:Wow, people in this game sure like to overthink obvious things. I plan to vote for Ruth, because it's madness to assume she's somehow good now when there is no evidence to indicate that.
It is madness. I think Lot is bad for this "let Ruth live" talk.

And "If he's good, I die, if he's bad, I live"??? That's such baddie talk.
Pilate wrote:Sorry I missed the vote, I would have voted Ruth.

Does anyone know why the Chapters have restarted? Did we start a new Book?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

After that, Pilate went off on his "Lot is bad" tangent. Now, I dunno how good my nose for baddies is, but one thing I like to think I can sense is whether someone who is gunning for me really believes me to be bad or if they are faking. I always felt like Pilate really did think I was bad. Sure, I thought he wasn't reading the thread properly, but ultimately I thought his going after me was genuine.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER III]

Post by Snapshot »

These two posts are a good reason why I saw that as genuine. And I really do have to have that shower now, so hopefully I can finish Pilate when I'm back.
Pilate wrote:
Stephen wrote:What a shame. RIP Absalom and Jonah. :rip:

This obviously is designed as a way to set up Samuel to look worse, killing his biggest accuser. Terrible idea. I don't buy it. Samuel is not bad.

However, I'm not really sure where to go from here. There are a lot of names which all could be wolves and they've hardly contributed to this game, Deborah, Malchus, Pilate, for example. I'm just not fully into the zone here, but nonetheless I don't believe we can catch a baddie solely on voting records, so I think we need to try to encourage discussion as much as possible today. I know I've been a fail lately on that front myself, but I have been trying to be vocal in my opinions.

Now look at Pilate's post and vote. Is this a power play by the remaining mafia or War or what the sodding hell is going on?

I will say that Esther's posts recently have been pinging me, can we talk about her?

Be back later!
I didn't fully suspect Uzziah based on any voting records. It was just how he acted, the things he said. I saw them as false, something a baddie woud do. That's why I'm voting Lot as well. I don't even know, or care too much about, his voting record. The records for each vote have been colourfully splayed across the thread every page or so, that's well known. Even the Heathens know it. They know it before they vote, and while they are voting. So, instead of voting for game advantage, they can plan their vote as a "what will look the best in the records" vote.

I'm not making a play, I'm just voting my biggest suspicion because I don't want to miss another vote. You don't have to bandwagon Lot based on my gut and my interpretation of his actions, just read what I said and decide for yourself if it is *truth* or if you feel differently. It wouldn't be good baddie behaviour if it were easy to spot.
Pilate wrote:I'm not making a "power play", that's really weird to say. I think Lot is bad, apparently that's somehow impossible, because Lot has done things that baddies absolutely cannot do. So I'm less informed than you maybe? I guess we'll see. I laid out why I find him suspicious, and I voted for him. That's how I usually play Mafia. If you would rather I play by jumping on the latest bandwagon, that's fine. That's not how Uzziah got lynched. If Lot wants to claim he just cannot be bad because *evidence*, then I'll say it too. I don't need to say it, clearly it has been said about me a lot before already. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time. But to call my vote a "power play" is ridiculous, either you're a Civvie whose paranoia has gotten the better of you, or you're a baddie who wants to defend Lot or knows he's Civ and wants to look Civ.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Now for Rachel:

1. I'm voting Uzziah now. Pilate has been sketchy AF all game, but his point against him was good.
2. I'm gonna ask, Pilate, if you want to try and build a case on me, that you present reasons. I am a civvie and you are doing nothing to help the civvies by blindly saying "LYNCH RACHEL!!!" because you don't want to keep up with the game.
3. References 3 posts Pilate made about her and says: This wording seems awfully specific. Don't you think? I don't know if it makes Pilate bad, but I'm certainly unsure of what he is doing.

Again, there was not much there about Pilate or Rahab. I'm getting discouraged about finding any cases on either one of them. I'm thinking I'm going to just go with what I think and that's Rahab. I won't do anything until I hear from you Lot and Pilate I would assume that is the way you would vote too.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Oh Pilate I missed that you had already voted so it's just Lot I want to hear from and I think he's thinking the same thing I am from his posts.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Yes, Bathsheba, I'm here now...

Do you suppose the 'bath' is named after you?

I've finished off Pilate and there is nothing more to say other than that he called out Rahab's case on him and voted Esther yesterday...

I think it comes back to this basic thing...

Do we think Rahab and Esther made the play for the win yesterday and it failed?
Or do we think Esther and Pilate were playing the long game...

I think it's the first. If you are ready to vote Rahab, so am I.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

I've got the post-game afterparty drinks ready for each and all :martini: no invitation required...

...although the music will probably be up to my taste

:martini:
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Pilate cast his vote and washed his hands of the whole thing.

Bathsheba watched on as her husband died and, after a long period of mourning, returned to take her vengeance on the heathen.

Lot's family turned to salt around him, but he remained faithful to the Lord...

and as the city of Jericho fell to the ground, so did the Lord say 'I thought there was one faithful amongst them, but I was wrong' and finished what he began...

I really hope you are the Judas, Rahab.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Pilate wrote:That's actually a really nice theory, Rahab. You forgot the last part where the baddies use that nice theory to "scapegoat" me as a baddie when the time comes.

Either you are Judas, or this game is already lost to the Civs. :shrug: That's all I've got. And I don't think Lot and Bathsheba are bad, just because they are really putting in the effort to find different connections here... it would be all too easy for a baddie to sit back and let Rahab or Pilate get lynched. So it has to be you.
Lost "to" the civs? That's a weird way to put it. Wouldn't it be "lost for," Kermit?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Oh, and one final shout out to Balaam. He may have been talking out of his ass for most of the game, but if we win his importance to that cannot be understated. I'd jsut say he was a lot important.

:beer: I really hope this goes the way we are hoping for.

@rahab - kermit?
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

I really hope you change your mind, Keropi--I mean Lot.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I didn't. I just voted Rahab. And I'm very sorry to the many civs who played this game if I am wrong.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

:sigh: Kermit, indeed. Ribbit.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I just cast my vote for Rahab. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what if I vote the wrong way and the baddies win. All those people I'd let down. If we win this we win it on the backs of people like Absalom, Balaam, Stephen, Samuel, Lazarus and many more who steered the thread in the right direction or made sacrifices that got them killed. They aren't the only ones. Almost every civ did something to advance the game to this point. If we lose the game I don't know what to tell you except you don't deserve the loss. At the end of the day it's Lot and I who made this final vote and I think I can speak for him when I say we take the responsibility if it goes wrong. Pilate and Rahab, whichever of you is bad played a phenomenal game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

So everyone has voted? :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

yes everyone.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

What Bathsheba said.

So many valuable townies. Also Rachel, Jeph, Job, Jonathan... I'll be gutted if it turns out it was Pilate.

Yes we have all voted.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And I have to leave in about two minutes lol.
Reporting
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well that's a shame. I have things to do. :llama:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Can I switch my vote to Epignosis, who is clearly the devil himself?
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Epi c'mon I'm dying here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bathsheba wrote:Epi c'mon I'm dying here.
God is love. And:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Second Mafioso

Chapter VI
1 Rahab’s heart betrayed her, as she had once betrayed her own people. 2 Here, then, are those who were victorious in cleansing the land of Sin-d’kaht: 3 Lot, who salted the graves of his enemies, that no flowers would grow without; 4 Bathsheba, who sought revenge for the deaths of Uzziah her husband and David her king; 5 Pilate, who parted the waters and made Rahab the betrayer speak as a frog. 6 And the heavens turned red and the moon turned to blood, and behold, four horsemen appeared: 7 Stephen, whose name was Conquest, rode a white horse. He wielded a bow and conquered the nations. 8 Absalom, whose name was War, rode upon a red horse. With a great sword, he took peace from the earth. 9 Nicodemus, whose name was Famine, rode upon a black horse, He held a scale and staved the poorest of the earth. 10 Belshazzar, whose name was Death, rode upon a pale horse, and Samson rode with him. They had the authority to claim the lives of thirty souls. 11 In this way did the people of Sin-d’kaht purge the evil among them. 12 And the Lord was pleased and blessed them forever and ever. Amen.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who slew Samuel?

Poll runs till Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Bathsheba
No votes

Lot
No votes

Pilate
Rahab (6)
9%

Rahab
Pilate (4), Lot (8), Bathsheba (9)
27%

The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Samuel (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), MovingPictures07 (5), timmer (7), S~V~S (10), Deborah (11)
64%

Total votes : 11
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Biblical Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

YES! Fantastic! Well played, all.

This was a really great game, Epi. Thanks for hosting!

I assume we can comment on endgame as either our socks or as our usual screennames?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

Geddyup Horsey ;)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Called it. BIH, Rahab.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

How appropriate: Seven winners. :noble:

Feel free to post as yourselves.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Congrats civvs!!! And who was everybody? I've been dying to know who everyone is both behind the puppet and their role. MP, who were you?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Epignosis wrote:How appropriate: Seven winners. :noble:

Feel free to post as yourselves.
Wait, Samson? :llama:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I'm not posting who I was yet. You all have three guesses.
Supervisor
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright. So, surprise surprise, I actually did play this game. I wasn't going to, since I intended on taking a long break from playing after Keeler, but I became refreshed after involving myself in mafia again at other sites, and I just could not miss out on how amazing this game looked.

First, I was Paul. Civilian.
Second, I was Mary Magdalene, but only VERY briefly, since I barely replaced in before she was lynched. Civilian.
Third, I was Stephen. Horseman.

I am so glad I was able to help the civilians win this game in what ways I could, but I'm even happier that I somehow managed to fulfill my Horseman win condition. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Belshazzar wrote:I'm not posting who I was yet. You all have three guesses.
Hello, Ricochet. ;)

I had most of the players pegged by Day 2. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 21

Post by thellama73 »

Helo,
My name is Absalom and I'm a Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Epig, this is without exaggeration my favorite mafia game I've ever played. Your host posts were inspired, and the socks were so much fun.

I also think it's by far my best performance. I had to mark ten people at the beginning of the game I had to kill in order to win, and I personally led lynches on five of them. The fact that I managed to end the game with everyone trusting me, even though I have never been more manipulative, makes me super happy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yay MP - I had no idea any of those were you. I was Jonathan first and then Bathsheba. Bathsheba was Noah.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Absalom / thellama73/ War