50%

Total votes: 8
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Neverwhere »

Long Con wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:I am here. I picked 12. I need to wake up.
:scared: You picked a number Timmer already had! WHAT WILL HAPPEN?!
:0 I made a 2!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

You can change your vote. and I suspect you have to or Dom will get mad. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

nutella wrote:Oh shoot TH beat me to it. :( damn now what

Me too
I clicked on one with no votes instead. :shrug:

Woo hoo so excited this game has finally started
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Votes are changeable, so you can go back and pick one someone else hasn't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote:I'm unreasonably upset that I missed 23 I think I'm going to have bad luck this game now TH you better change it :p
Not a chance! :feb: I only picked it because someone else had picked 21, and 23 was the coolest number available. I don't much care for even numbers. They all seem so samey and generic.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Golden wrote:
Votes are changeable, so you can go back and pick one someone else hasn't.
Does it make a difference if I don't?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

The host said only one vote per number, so yeah, it matters.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Remaining numbers: 10, 14, 18, 20, 22, 26.

I suppose I'm not the only one who prefers odd numbers. :mafia:
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

S~V~S wrote:The host said only one vote per number, so yeah, it matters.
Hmm, somehow i missed that part this morning. Will revote now.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Well looks like I'm late to the party, guess I will take number 22.
Damn you Nutella!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

thellama73 wrote:Hello,
I am your Mod on Duty (MoD). I get ever so lonely, so please talk to me about this game. Feel stressed? Angry? Like you want to punch Epignosis in his skeletal face? I don't blame you. Tell me about it. I won't judge. Is MP posting too much? Let me know! Did somebody break a rule? Did the host break his own rule? I am the person to complain to. If you complain in the thread and not to me, you will hurt my feelings. We try to avoid hurt feelings around here. You can even use swear words in your PMs to me. Honestly, I don't mind.

I'll check back in later, but let me know if you guys need anything at all. Have a great game!
I like this guy already. Seems legit. I always trust a person (man or woman) with a mustache and a... is that a fez? I think it's a fez. I like it.

I got 16, ya schmucks! One of the last to pick and I still got the number I wanted. I love you, ya schmucks!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I picked 26 because it was still open. There really wasn't a story there.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote:I picked 26 because it was still open. There really wasn't a story there.
:eye: Indeed.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Draconus »

Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here :sigh:

Also, YAY GAME!!! :fiesta:

Also, also, MP: 1 Day truce? :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Gumshoe wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Hello,
I am your Mod on Duty (MoD). I get ever so lonely, so please talk to me about this game. Feel stressed? Angry? Like you want to punch Epignosis in his skeletal face? I don't blame you. Tell me about it. I won't judge. Is MP posting too much? Let me know! Did somebody break a rule? Did the host break his own rule? I am the person to complain to. If you complain in the thread and not to me, you will hurt my feelings. We try to avoid hurt feelings around here. You can even use swear words in your PMs to me. Honestly, I don't mind.

I'll check back in later, but let me know if you guys need anything at all. Have a great game!
I like this guy already. Seems legit. I always trust a person (man or woman) with a mustache and a... is that a fez? I think it's a fez. I like it.

I got 16, ya schmucks! One of the last to pick and I still got the number I wanted. I love you, ya schmucks!
Sounds like you and I will get along just fine.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here :sigh:

The very fact that you want a 1 Day truce indicates to me that you possibly could be hiding something. :eye:

Is that true? :nicenod:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here :sigh:

The very fact that you want a 1 Day truce indicates to me that you possibly could be hiding something. :eye:

Is that true? :nicenod:
This statement is false :shifty:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here

Also, YAY GAME!!!

Also, also, MP: 1 Day truce?

The very fact that you want a 1 Day truce indicates to me that you possibly could be hiding something.
A day one truce would be more beneficently for the mafia imo. If each mafia team can kill and if any independents have kill stocks we could be down without any information on day one.
@MovingPictures07 why do you think a day one truce would be good?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Where did I say I thought it would be good?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Before this gets blown out of proportion and either Devin or I gets eyeballed because people are misinterpreting my posts for anything other than Day 0 sillyness, I am going to lay all of this out there.

Devin offered me a truce. I don't entertain any "truce" seriously; of course, I'll be voting for the player I most suspect on Day 1 (except a newbie***), and if I think that player is Devin, then I will vote for him. I have no propensity to vote for him at the moment, despite his truce comment, as I was merely joking with him. I think he would have said this regardless of alignment.

Devin and I know each other RL (well, almost a year ago I moved to Texas) and have a propensity to get ourselves killed early in games very often, so I made a comment in the sign-ups thread to the effect of 'maybe we can play a game together for longer than 1 cycle :P '. This is because Devin recently returned to playing mafia after over a year of not really playing, and I self-destructed (as an independent role) in the only game we've played together since he has come back.

***I would like to avoid voting a player completely new to The Syndicate on Day 1. I used to very vocally oppose those who took this view, but I have recently come around to this line of thinking. I do think it would suck to come to a new site and get lynched Day 1 your first game, so newbies will get a "free pass" from me, but only from my vote (not any suspicion I have), and if they are my top suspect going into Day 2, I will not hesitate to vote for a newbie.

TL;DR, sig, I agree with you that Day 1 'vote truces' accomplish nothing good for the town.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here

Also, YAY GAME!!!

The very fact that you want a 1 Day truce indicates to me that you possibly could be hiding something.
A day one truce would be more beneficently for the mafia imo. If each mafia team can kill and if any independents have kill stocks we could be down without any information on day one.
It was more of a joking suggestion from me, cus we normally go after each other pretty early. Unless everyone else is going after MP, then I try (unsuccessfully) to defend him :nicenod:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
sig wrote:

Also, YAY GAME!!!

It was more of a joking suggestion from me, cus we normally go after each other pretty early. Unless everyone else is going after MP, then I try (unsuccessfully) to defend him :nicenod:
:haha:

This is true.

And then when you usually start getting a bunch of heat, I try (unsuccessfully) to defend you.

Thinking about it, it seems to me that our suspicions of each other may be dependent on how much heat the other person is receiving. The less heat you are receiving, the more I suspect you, and vice versa. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, scratch that. Now that I know you're joking, Devin, my eye is on you. :eye:

A civilian Devin would have wanted to protect himself. A mafia Devin has others to help him... so tell me, sir, do you need my help on Day 1? :feb:
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

This is my first full game...how long do the days/nights play out and does this include day 0?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Neverwhere wrote:This is my first full game...how long do the days/nights play out and does this include day 0?
Days and Nights are 48/24. Day 0 usually transitions into Day 1.

In the recently finished Economics game, I made a post elucidating the Day 0 period. I'll quote it here, since there are several newbies playing this game (as there were in Economics):
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game!! :yay:

Very excited to be playing this awesome game, especially with the players who are new to The Syndicate!

I forgot to mention Day 0 in the sign-ups thread when you folks were asking about it. It is a tradition that developed back in the Lostpedia and associated mafia forum days before I started playing (2010), since I'm not completely aware of its origin.

That said, hosts typically utilize Day 0 for any combination of the following:
- Ease players into the game and make sure that all of them will be active participants
- Introduce the players to the theme off of which the game is based
- Provide something for Day 1 discussion
etc.

Traditionally, when I first started playing, hosts generally set up Day 0 polls in a fashion wherein there were several options, each of which benefited a certain group (i.e., civilians, mafia team 1, mafia team 2, SK). Often some players would have 'information' on the poll, with the host telling them which option would benefit their group. After the winning selection's results were demonstrated either immediately or later in the game, it gave not only the winning faction an item or ability to be used to help later on, but provided another piece of possible evidence on which to analyze whether someone is civilian or mafia.

Since the inception of The Syndicate, those types of Day 0 polls have largely fallen out of fashion, and the purposes seem to be more variant. I've seen Day 0 polls that were completely meaningless, some that awarded prizes individually (rather than factions), and some that have had a significant impact on the game. For example, in my recently hosted Death Note game, I gave the players the option to select from 8 different options for the lynch procedure for the remainder of the game. The option with the most votes is how all lynches would proceed for the remainder of the game (though I left that ambiguous, as some interpreted it might be Day 1 only).

Despite the varying uses for Day 0 polls on The Syndicate, perhaps the most common usage of Day 0 polls is to give players a fun way to interact before things get very serious during Day 1 (and an opportunity to nerd out about the theme) as well as possibly offer individual prizes, such as an extra lynch vote to be used at any time or removal from the Day 1 poll.

If I had to guess, since Russ came outright and said that no player has info, I would believe this poll probably falls into that category.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:***I would like to avoid voting a player completely new to The Syndicate on Day 1. I used to very vocally oppose those who took this view, but I have recently come around to this line of thinking. I do think it would suck to come to a new site and get lynched Day 1 your first game, so newbies will get a "free pass" from me, but only from my vote (not any suspicion I have), and if they are my top suspect going into Day 2, I will not hesitate to vote for a newbie.
Why? What changed your mind, that you should "very vocally oppose those who took this view" to "recently come around to this line of thinking?" The underlined was the exact same reasoning people gave, which you claim to have rejected that notion before, but now you are accepting it without offering any reason why.

That's a change of heart I was not expecting, especially slipped into a discussion about your history with Devin.

To put a finer point on it, I count exactly four brand new people in this. If you are bad with any number of them, your change of heart excuses you from voting them Day 1 (i.e., putting your money where your mouth is) all the while leaving yourself open to distance ("Yes, I'm quite suspicious of NEWGUY but as I already said Day 0, I won't vote a new person").
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:***I would like to avoid voting a player completely new to The Syndicate on Day 1. I used to very vocally oppose those who took this view, but I have recently come around to this line of thinking. I do think it would suck to come to a new site and get lynched Day 1 your first game, so newbies will get a "free pass" from me, but only from my vote (not any suspicion I have), and if they are my top suspect going into Day 2, I will not hesitate to vote for a newbie.
Why? What changed your mind, that you should "very vocally oppose those who took this view" to "recently come around to this line of thinking?" The underlined was the exact same reasoning people gave, which you claim to have rejected that notion before, but now you are accepting it without offering any reason why.

That's a change of heart I was not expecting, especially slipped into a discussion about your history with Devin.

To put a finer point on it, I count exactly four brand new people in this. If you are bad with any number of them, your change of heart excuses you from voting them Day 1 (i.e., putting your money where your mouth is) all the while leaving yourself open to distance ("Yes, I'm quite suspicious of NEWGUY but as I already said Day 0, I won't vote a new person").
What likelihood would you give to this being the case in this game?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:and if I think that player is Devin, then I will vote for him. I have no propensity to vote for him at the moment, despite his truce comment, as I was merely joking with him.
And I will pull a big NO U and vote for you, too. It was indeed a joke, though :P
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think he would have said this regardless of alignment.
You know me too well :hug:

Linki: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :disappoint:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:and if I think that player is Devin, then I will vote for him. I have no propensity to vote for him at the moment, despite his truce comment, as I was merely joking with him.
And I will pull a big NO U and vote for you, too. It was indeed a joke, though :P

Why did you joke about it, knowing very well it could preemptively create heat in my direction as well as yours?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'll answer that question as soon as you point me to a single instance when probability ever did anything for me.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

I'm new myself to this forum and to mafia, however I wouldn't say we should get a free pass. Don't go after new people just because they are new to the site or if they are wall flowering in the first few phases, but if someone new is acting very scummy then I would vote for them. However, mafia could just as easily start a bandwagon on someone new so anyone that advocates to strongly to lynch a new player should be watched.

Meant Devin not MP, also didn't realize it was a joke if it is.

Is there any other things like the joking truce new players should know about? Like certain players always voting to lynch the same player on day one, or lynching someone if they survive the first night?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'll answer that question as soon as you point me to a single instance when probability ever did anything for me.
How about a different question:

If you had to choose, instinctively, do you believe my set of statements is due to the fact that I am indeed mafia with a new player on my team or due to some other reason?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:I'm new myself to this forum and to mafia, however I wouldn't say we should get a free pass. Don't go after new people just because they are new to the site or if they are wall flowering in the first few phases, but if someone new is acting very scummy then I would vote for them. However, mafia could just as easily start a bandwagon on someone new so anyone that advocates to strongly to lynch a new player should be watched.

Meant Devin not MP, also didn't realize it was a joke if it is.

Is there any other things like the joking truce new players should know about? Like certain players always voting to lynch the same player on day one, or lynching someone if they survive the first night?
Why do you want to know these things?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Why did you joke about it, knowing very well it could preemptively create heat in my direction as well as yours?
I'm just simply having fun with you Buddy. I'm not actually frustrated right now :P It certainly has gotten discussion going, though lol.

And giving us heat on Day 0? It's what I do best, remember? :D

Linki: So he knows when we're BSing? :shrug:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'm just simply having fun with you Buddy. I'm not actually frustrated right now :P It certainly has gotten discussion going, though lol.

And giving us heat on Day 0? It's what I do best, remember? :D

Linki: So he knows when we're BSing? :shrug:
Why did you feel inclined to answer on behalf of sig?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, you will see "linki" a lot. This is just our term for when we go to post something, and someone else has just posted something right before.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Speculation, MP. Not exactly serious speculation, either.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Making observations and asking questions is what a good little civilian is supposed to do. And I'm trying to be a good little civilian. :grin:

Instead of answering the question, you ask me a question about probability (the answer is 25% with anyone, just under 4% with a new person), then dodge the question a second time by asking me about my instinct regarding your "set of statements."

Is there a reason you're not forthcoming about my initial question?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Speculation, MP. Not exactly serious speculation, either.
What do you make of sig?

What do you make of my policy regarding not lynching new players on Day 1?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Making observations and asking questions is what a good little civilian is supposed to do. And I'm trying to be a good little civilian. :grin:

Instead of answering the question, you ask me a question about probability (the answer is 25% with anyone, just under 4% with a new person), then dodge the question a second time by asking me about my instinct regarding your "set of statements."

Is there a reason you're not forthcoming about my initial question?
Perhaps.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

OK then.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, your avatar is too much. It never fails to provide amusement. :haha: :clap:
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Perfect! This mafia team of all newbies I am in is going to win this game so easily :dark:

By the way, MP, cool Day 0 idea for Death Note. Which option won?

Hey guys, I found a member of the mafia. Ready to have your minds blown? How many letters are in Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber? Arguably about 20 or so. And 20 has a 2 AAAAND a 0. What else has a 2 and a 0? 200. Only 200. Nothing else. How many digits in 200? 3 if you don't go into decimals and stuff. And Andrew Lloyd Webber divorced his first wife, when? Good job, class, '83. So 8. Who was the eighth person to vote? Long Con. What did he vote for? 1. Also, he did it one time. (That's additional evidence) How many digits in 1? 1. 1 as in first? Yes of course. What else would it be? Second? No first. Who was the first person to post? Dom. Dom is mafia.

I don't know how seriously I am going to be able to take Epignosis with that irresistible pout he's got going on in his avatar. :phew: Is it hot in here?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Speculation, MP. Not exactly serious speculation, either.
What do you make of sig?

Newbie to the site. And I agree with you there. But no more than Day 1 or 2. It should give us enough time to get to know the new player while giving us a chance to feel out everyone else.

By the way, WELCOME! to Sig! :hugs: Feel free to not take me seriously if you don't think it's necessary :)
I was just going to say something about Epi's avatar, too! XD
Is it actually an avatar if it's him in the picture, though? :P

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Gumshoe wrote:
Perfect! This mafia team of all newbies I am in is going to win this game so easily :dark:

Hey guys, I found a member of the mafia. Ready to have your minds blown? How many letters are in Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber? Arguably about 20 or so. And 20 has a 2 AAAAND a 0. What else has a 2 and a 0? 200. Only 200. Nothing else. How many digits in 200? 3 if you don't go into decimals and stuff. And Andrew Lloyd Webber divorced his first wife, when? Good job, class, '83. So 8. Who was the eighth person to vote? Long Con. What did he vote for? 1. Also, he did it one time. (That's additional evidence) How many digits in 1? 1. 1 as in first? Yes of course. What else would it be? Second? No first. Who was the first person to post? Dom. Dom is mafia.

I don't know how seriously I am going to be able to take Epignosis with that irresistible pout he's got going on in his avatar. :phew: Is it hot in here?
What makes you so sure? :feb:

Regarding Death Note, it was a tight race for a while there between Normal and L/Light, but Normal won it in the end.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Noob mistake Gumshoe! ;)

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
What do you make of sig?

Newbie to the site. And I agree with you there. But no more than Day 1 or 2. It should give us enough time to get to know the new player while giving us a chance to feel out everyone else.

By the way, WELCOME! to Sig! :hugs: Feel free to not take me seriously if you don't think it's necessary :)
I was just going to say something about Epi's avatar, too! XD
Is it actually an avatar if it's him in the picture, though? :P
Gun to head read (if you have to pick immediately), civilian or mafia, for Epignosis, me, and sig. Go.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Gumshoe wrote:

What makes you so sure? :feb:

Regarding Death Note, it was a tight race for a while there between Normal and L/Light, but Normal won it in the end.
Not sure. Not sure at all, sir. Don't hurt me. :puppy:

Okay, interesting. I thought it would be cool if something else had won. Maybe another time. By the way, should I also use green when I'm not talking about this game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Gumshoe, the green OT tag is indeed typically used for discussion that is irrelevant to the game. It's not mandatory, but it just makes it easier to discern what is meant to be taken as relevant and what isn't.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Gun to head read
I'm telling you up front I ain't answering any of this GTH bullshit.

And I ain't doing any ISOs.

And I damn sure ain't doing no rainbows reads. I've got Reading Rainbow, and that's enough rainbow reading for me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”